Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Reunion Part I

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Adgirl said:

But isn't making up an excuse what's done in polite society. You wouldn't tell someone you're not coming to their party because their kids are horribly behaved, you'd say I have another engagement. 

These women are just harpies. 

Denise has been caught in so many lies this season--not just the one she told Dorit about being sick. She wouldn't even own up to liking negative tweets about Lisa. She tried to say she only liked the ones about Erika. Although I do hate that Denise has been a target this season, her constant lying makes it hard for me to root for her.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Denise could show up to this reunion falling down drunk and I’d be on her side .... the vileness of all the ladies this season trying to destroy someone’s life over what? She asked you hold off on the sex talk till her daughters and their friends weren’t around? Their egos are that fragile? Scrap the whole cast but Sutton? G and Denise for the love of god the toxic high school mean girl behavior from the rest needs to stop. 

I think the women were pissed from that dinner at Denise's because at that point, I think they already knew about the Brandi rumors and they wanted to spill it that night but were unable to.  So, they had to wait a little longer to spill that tea and they got more and more frustrated. 

I think this theory was mentioned in a previous episode's thread by another poster, as well.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 9
  • Love 9

I wish they had filmed the reunion without the glam, that would have been more entertaining. That said though I actually enjoyed it, when I didn't think filming remotely would work for a reunion show. 

I loved that Kyle brought up that Garcelle did not pay for the pledge that she made. Garcelle has spent the season trying to be relevant by being blunt, whether it was asking Erica about her sex life, asking Sutton where she got her money, or being rude to Kyle for no reason other than to give herself a story line. Ya want blunt Garcelle, ya got blunt. 

I also loved that they brought up Denise's numerous lies and changes of stories. Interesting that Garcelle said as an aside that she thought Denise was trying to change her reputation this season. Also interesting that Bravo told Denise to take down her "like" of the post saying Rinna should be fired. Though I know some want Rinna fired, I am perfectly happy for her to stay. I also liked the Harry sighting, and his joke that some think that he only shows up to film. Love Harry Hamlin. 

• Love 19

Sutton looked good, Denise looked a bit too Barbie for my taste (like a much younger s1 Ramona), and Dorit was, um, something.

I hate to defend Kyle, but I just don't think there's much *there* in Garcelle's stated issues with her.  I still get the feeling that Garcelle likes to go deep and nosy with new friends, but she was absent from a good chunk of the first half of the season's big get-togethers, and Kyle preferred to keep things light and surface-level.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  And Kyle's tweets didn't seem that bad - mostly discussing moments when Garcelle had been mean about her (the limo ride away from the astrology party at Erika's), but not even disproportionate to the (quite minor) moment.  I'd understand Garcelle's side more if she just said that she didn't like Kyle because Kyle was bullying Denise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I thought that Garcelle and Kyle had a decent exchange. Garcelle saying she couldn't remember anyone's name but Kyle was bogus IMO and I also think that implying Kyle was being sneaky to respond on Twitter while watching the show was silly. I have no doubt they are encouraged to live-tweet because it helps viewer ratings. But overall, it feels like Kyle and Garcelle were mature in their exchange. 

On some level, I feel like neither Denise nor Sutton understands the nature of the show. Sure, if there wasn't a show, a number of these conversations would be had in private. But you signed up for a show that thrives on public drama. Why would you assume that the conflict would be in private?

Denise just doesn't get that she can't control the narrative and it is clearly frustrating to her. All of that being said, the depth of the anger coming from Erika and Rinna still baffles me. Denise is shady and confusing IMO but Rinna seems to really hate her at this point and I still can't figure out why. 

Great post! This is exactly why I don't think Denise is a good fit for this show. She wants to control the narrative and how she is perceived too badly. Anytime she gets uncomfortable, she either walks away or demands that Bravo cuts footage. Reality TV does not work that way--a least a show centering around an ensemble cast does not. Denise had her own show on E! for a couple of years, so I think that is why she thinks she should have the right to control what is shown. Furthermore, she is the highest paid housewife. I read that Bravo paid her $4 million her first season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, ancslove said:

And Kyle's tweets didn't seem that bad - mostly discussing moments when Garcelle had been mean about her (the limo ride away from the astrology party at Erika's), but not even disproportionate to the (quite minor) moment.

Kyle also deleted some tweets about that episode - I remember because I was on Twitter that night, watching while Kyle was getting roasted in the comments, and then a couple of the tweets disappeared when I refreshed Twitter. Not that they were particularly bad tweets, maaaybe a little more bitchy sounding, but the reaction she got on them was definitely opposite of what she was expecting which is why I think they disappeared. 

• Useful 15
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Even if Denise lied that gives Lisa and the rest a right to try to destroy someone’s life and reputation??  They couldn’t make mommy shamming work so they tried to drag in the beast brandy and no one cares. #TeamDenise the rest or vile nasty hypocrites that should take several seats 

How has Denise's life and reputation been destroyed? Some people believe she slept with Brandi, while other people don't. But the majority of viewers have been on Denise's side this whole season because she's been a target of the other ladies with the exception of Dorit and Garcelle. As far as I know, Denise is still working on "The Bold & the Beautiful." Her and Aaron are still married. And she still has her kids. What has Denise lost as a result of Lisa's bullying?

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Was Kyle going for a Valley of the Dolls look? 

Rinna must have a blowtorch hidden, she came ready to set fire to Denise. I can’t imagine ever being mad enough to go after a longtime friend’s children. But I’m not Rinna thank god. My lips and hips are normal.

Erika sure can screech like the rest of the harpies when she’s not near them. 

It was a disturbing hour. Debating watching the rest of it, I like being happy. Reality should distract and entertain. This is not entertaining, it’s a cat fight.

Yes!!!  I was trying to figure out who Kyle reminded me of, and it was definitely Barbara Parkins as Anne Welles in Valley of the Dolls (Love, love, love that movie!!!).  

Aside from her dress, I thought that Kyle looked pretty tonight.

Erika also looked great, as usual.  

Dorit's hair looked like the way my Mom used to twirl up sections our wet hair at night so we would have waves/curls in the morning.  Not one of her better looks.

Garcelle looked stunning.

Denise looked like she did her own makeup and looked kind of haggard (plus the bloodshot eyes).

Teddi and Rinna didn't look all that great to me, and Sutton also could have looked better.  I think Sutton prefers a more "almost natural", sutbtle look to her makeup.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

The anger aimed at Denise is so over the top that it makes no sense. I know the sheltering in place has made people in general more angry (ask anyone in a service job right now), but damn.

I agree. Lisa and Erika played their cards wrong. They shouldn't have given Denise so much of their energy. I like Lisa and Erika more than Denise, but even I was disgusted by how Lisa and Erika kept hammering her. All they did is push most viewers further to Denise's side.

1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Are we watching the same show?? 

Yes, we are. We're just interrupting it differently. Name one thing Denise has lost as a result of Lisa's bullying. I can't. 

9 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Erika. That voice goes through me like nails on a chalkboard. An she's sooooo angry. Hopefully the theater will open again before next season and she'll be gone from this show. along with the other mean girls.

I noticed Kyle hasn't jumped on Denise yet. Is she going for redemption? Cause it won't work for me. Let's not forget she is the one who engineered this whole Brand - i Denise set up with her lovely sister.

Kyle got so much blowback for what she did to LVP that she was smart not to join in on the gang up against Denise.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I wish they had filmed the reunion without the glam, that would have been more entertaining. That said though I actually enjoyed it, when I didn't think filming remotely would work for a reunion show. 

I loved that Kyle brought up that Garcelle did not pay for the pledge that she made. Garcelle has spent the season trying to be relevant by being blunt, whether it was asking Erica about her sex life, asking Sutton where she got her money, or being rude to Kyle for no reason other than to give herself a story line. Ya want blunt Garcelle, ya got blunt. 

I also loved that they brought up Denise's numerous lies and changes of stories. Interesting that Garcelle said as an aside that she thought Denise was trying to change her reputation this season. Also interesting that Bravo told Denise to take down her "like" of the post saying Rinna should be fired. Though I know some want Rinna fired, I am perfectly happy for her to stay. I also liked the Harry sighting, and his joke that some think that he only shows up to film. Love Harry Hamlin. 

Harry was joking about that??  I thought he was being truthful!  😂

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Sutton looked good, Denise looked a bit too Barbie for my taste (like a much younger s1 Ramona), and Dorit was, um, something.

I hate to defend Kyle, but I just don't think there's much *there* in Garcelle's stated issues with her.  I still get the feeling that Garcelle likes to go deep and nosy with new friends, but she was absent from a good chunk of the first half of the season's big get-togethers, and Kyle preferred to keep things light and surface-level.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  And Kyle's tweets didn't seem that bad - mostly discussing moments when Garcelle had been mean about her (the limo ride away from the astrology party at Erika's), but not even disproportionate to the (quite minor) moment.  I'd understand Garcelle's side more if she just said that she didn't like Kyle because Kyle was bullying Denise.

I agree. Garcelle had no reason to have a beef with Kyle. Garcelle said she did feel pressure as the first black woman on the show, so maybe that is why she felt it was necessary to come out with a bang. I'm not why she chose Kyle as a target.

Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

Just because it didn’t work doesn’t make what they attempted to do any less vile they tried to drag her and her kids and her husband through the dirt with no care how it would effect them and that is nasty 

How did Lisa try to drag Denise's children through the mud? Hell, what did she do to Aaron? You and I both agree that Lisa was horrible to Denise, but the person who tried to ruin Denise's marriage and reputation was Brandi. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Ahem, I think Rinna hates that Denise is getting ONE MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR FOR FOUR YEARS.  And she isn't. Simple. 

She'd light her OWN ass on fire if she thought they'd give HER that contract!

Then why didn't Lisa turn against Denise last season? I personally don't think Denise is worth the money Bravo is paying her, but I digress.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

You and I are on the same page. I don't always like what Lisa does, but I think she's entertaining as hell. 

I like Garcelle too, but I hope she relaxes next season and doesn't feel like she has to start unnecessary beefs to make herself relevant.

I'm also glad you called Denise out on her lies. It's like so many viewers refuse to admit that she's a habitual liar because she's been ganged up on this season. Both things can be true: Denise can be a liar and a victim of a gang up at the same time.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Then why didn't Lisa turn against Denise last season? I personally don't think Denise is worth the money Bravo is paying her, but I digress.

I believe the salary information came out this season.  Denise gets no child support at the present time.  Rinna needs Denise’s salary so she can continue to support her grateful daughters and their bogus clothing line.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wouldn't want this show to get super political or anything, but I'm glad they did touch race. Garcelle could never get away with Erika's attitude without being called an "angry black woman." If Rinna were black, she'd be called ghetto or a thug for throwing glass and sending threatening texts. 

Ditto on Kyle. She does the whole wide-eyed, just being honest schtick, but she's far from innocent. She doesn't care about any of these women's families or reputations. She led the gang-up last season and again this season, and she waited until the reunion to ask Garcelle about the donation for a reason. She should have asked Garcelle about that off camera months ago, but she just had to make her look bad. 

I really appreciated Garcelle’s openness about her experiences as a black woman raising biracial children. I really felt that it was open, honest and informational, and was presented as it was, no personal politics involved. Her openness, honesty, realism and her positive attitude is life is wonderful.

i want more of her on my screen. I want less of self-focused, self-important, self-centered harpieson my screen.

Garcelle, back, I’m sure to watch. If all three of the axis of stupid evil (Kyle, Erika, Lipsa) come back, I’m done. If only one of them comes back along with Garcelle, Denise and a couple of real people, then I’m all for watching them going down in flames,

• Love 23

I’ve been convinced for a while Kyle’s trying to channel Cleopatra-era Elizabeth Taylor and tonight’s costume sealed it  

It’s a total fail, all the way down to her over-contoured & highlighted nose. UHD TV isn’t her friend. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, EmZeeGee said:

The event was months ago. Why wait for the reunion to air it out for the first time? You didn't reach out privately in the interim to make sure the charity received the funds promised?

I dunno, maybe Kyle was doing it to be a garden variety bitch.  Garcelle was the first one to be bitchy to Kyle, and Kyle was giving back as good as she got.  I don’t know the details of what went on between Kyle and Garcelle, but their behavior toward each other was not outside the norm for these reunions.  They are playing, or really are, co-stars and cast mates who are frenemies.  It happens at every RHBH reunion.

1 hour ago, EmZeeGee said:

Telling the audience the Black cast member doesn't pay her bills doesn't sit right. And I'm sure other Black viewers caught that. She wanted to weaponize that information to get back at Garcelle for not saying she was welcoming and every other slight during the season.

I feel sad for any viewer who extrapolates anything racial from one cast member alleging that another cast member failed to deliver payment on an auction item on which she bid.  If the implication is that Kyle should sit quiet because of her own race and the race of her cast member, respectively, I don’t know from that world.  Let the accusation stand or fail on its merits.  

I agree that this reunion would have been a lot better without glam.  The whole idea of women getting decked out in formal dress, hair, jewelry, nails and makeup to bitch at each other from their living rooms is absurd.  Why doesn’t everyone just wear jeans?  They’re not even reuniting; they’re video chatting.  All the glam is excessively stupid.  This show is slowly but surely morphing into the Hotwives.  

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Jenxee said:

Rinna is an angry ass person.  How can she fix her mouth to say what Sami thinks, feels, and what Sami said?  If I was Denise and somebody tried to tell me what my child thought, or felt or what was best for my kids, ALL BETS WOULD BE OFF and all of Rinna's business would be exposed.  

Yup!

• Love 16