Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Hot Tempers And Cold Feet

• Start Topic

Nerves run high the day of Angela and Michael's wedding; Colt reveals all his secrets to Jess; Kalani and Asuelu attend couples' therapy; Larissa develops an unlikely friendship; Elizabeth discovers Andrei was hiding the truth from her too.

Airs September 6, 2020.

Okay the visit to the Poo Farm was comedy gold.  And a perfect setting for Karine’s potty mouth.  The manager probably thought she had Tourette’s.  

Angela, you probably want to avoid a print that makes you resemble a hot air balloon.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

And the bouquet is ready! I noticed Angela did say that the colors represented her “daughters” in addition to grandkids. There also is a separate toss bouquet, but I don’t think there will be any “half nekkid bitches” there to catch it 

F48C973E-EB7E-4059-8AF1-0B61E5A110C8.jpeg

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Wow, Syngin’s mother can barely hide her hatred of Tania, not that I blame her

Well Tania doesn't want to be still be fighting in 10 years which while in many ways seems optimistic, probably not the relationship timeline you want to give your husband's parents about your thoughts of your marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, John M said:

Well Tania doesn't want to be still be fighting in 10 years

That's gonna be a loooooooong ten years to get fighting out of their systems. Then what, marital bliss? Seems like they're planning things the opposite way of most couples by starting OUT with fighting instead of the fights coming after the initial "glow" of the marriage has worn off. Oh, those crazy free-spirited kids! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

That's gonna be a loooooooong ten years to get fighting out of their systems. Then what, marital bliss? Seems like they're planning things the opposite way of most couples by starting OUT with fighting instead of the fights coming after the initial "glow" of the marriage has worn off. Oh, those crazy free-spirited kids! 

I personally think it is so weird how many couples think fighting is a natural part of a relationship and not a problem that has arisen that needs to be addressed.

I've been with my husband for five and we have literarily never had a fight. Disagreements? Absolutely. One of us frustrated about something, god yes. Do we ever get into situations where one of us just puts our foot down, that it's a non-negotiable thing? Sometimes. But fight? Like raise or voices at each other and push buttons? Be unkind to each other's families or friends or each other? God no, we use words, calmly express our feelings, ask nonjudgemental questions and come to a mutually shared and respected understanding.

I'm not saying we won't ever have a fight, but if that day comes we will go to therapy because some sort of serious issue has popped up in our relationship.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, John M said:

I personally think it is so weird how many couples think fighting is a natural part of a relationship and not a problem that has arisen that needs to be addressed.

I've been with my husband for five and we have literarily never had a fight. Disagreements? Absolutely. One of us frustrated about something, god yes. Do we ever get into situations where one of us just puts our foot down, that it's a non-negotiable thing? Sometimes. But fight? Like raise or voices at each other and push buttons? Be unkind to each other's families or friends or each other? God no, we use words, calmly express our feelings, ask nonjudgemental questions and come to a mutually shared and respected understanding.

I'm not saying we won't ever have a fight, but if that day comes we will go to therapy because some sort of serious issue has popped up in our relationship.

I was married to my first husband for 17 years (together for about twenty years) - we never fought this much......and we are divorced.  Current (and final) hubby?   Together almost 8 years, married for almost three, and again, never fight.  Disagree?  Sure!  But we know how to compromise, something many of these people (cough cough, looking at you Angela) do NOT know how to do!

Sorry, but that bouquet is ASS UGLY.  Nice design but the colors?  Pass.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sorry, but that bouquet is ASS UGLY.  Nice design but the colors?  Pass.

But picture it with Michael's lavender wedding suit! Originally I thought she was getting fresh flowers, but those dark blue roses couldn't possibly be real and Michael gave it to her in a shopping bag that wasn't refrigerated and nothing appeared to have those little water things on the stems. And what are those blobs that look like eyes, bubble bath pearls? I was wondering about the significance of the purple flower in the center so I looked it up, Michael's birthday is in February so his birthstone is amethyst. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I thought it was interesting to see Tania's reaction after Stepdad said, "we saw the real you last night."  She looked almost embarrassed. And then Syngin, being a gentleman, rescues her and says "no the emotional you."

• Love 10

Watched the 20 minute preview.

Angela's bouquet was original.  Fake flowers? They didn't come out of a refrigerated box. The throwaway bouquet (who no one will get because Angela can't stand the sight of another woman around her fiance) was better. Wonder what happened to the groom's corsage? Ange's outfit was pretty loud. Being in that apartment would make me sick with all the second hand smoke. Ugh. Yeah, Ange, you are just like Baby Girl Visa, who will not tolerate another woman being around your man. For whatever reason, he chose to marry you. Most likely as a ticket to America where he will stay long enough to get his Green Card and vamoose for a younger, less screamy, judgy woman. Women do make up 50% of the population and you will encounter a lot of them.

Kalani, you are being reasonable with your manchild husband. He has no real desire to be reasonable with you. He will agree to 'therapy' if it is with a doctor from a Samoan background and has to be male. Marriage counsellors come in both male and female versions. They don't take 'sides' but try to see both views and then help the couple make their own understanding and suggest options for communication. He only wants a male version who will side with him, as his Samoan culture overrides a marriage partnership. He wants the counsellor to validate him. A translator is a reasonable suggestion, but it won't get temper tantrum throwing Asuelu his own way. I'd probably use it as a last ditch attempt, and then send him back to Samoa so he can find a nice subservient Samoan woman who will send money to mama.

Tania, please visit a good bra shop for a proper fitting. In the car, her girls were almost in her lap. The turtleneck top you wore was very unflattering. Yeah, you showed Syngin's family exactly who you were at the bbq. Having disagreements is one thing, but the constant arguing and different viewpoints that you have with Syngin is exhausting. No one needs that in a marriage. You should have had your fling, and both gone your separate ways. Unless there are some major changes with both of you, the marriage is done or you will be arguing and fighting for all the days of your lives that you spend together.

• Love 15

Angela walked into the apartment saying that she had been drunk the night before and had said some things to Michael that she didn’t mean.  For most people, that means apologizing...for Angela, it again turns into Michael begging for her forgiveness.  I just don’t know anymore if Michael has been so broken down by Angela that he deserves sympathy, or if he’s just the biggest wuss to ever live.  There is very little chance he will make it to America, so if that’s his long range goal, he should really think long and hard about his choice of method.

So Andrei told the Chucklebutts the same thing Marcel did, and you know what?  I actually believe him.  Do the Chucklebutts?  Time will tell.

Jessie and Larissa...there’s a match made in hell.

I still can’t tolerate Tania.  At all.  I’d rather be stuck all day in an elevator with the Chucklebutt family than spend an hour with her.  She’s ridiculous.

Paul’s a creep.  Karine’s no prize, but Paul is scum.

Kalani, girl...WHAT do you love about Asuelu?  And what does he love about her?  There never seems to be an ounce of affection between them.

Edited by Irsel32
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He got caught in his own trap trying to scam her for the green card. It's poetic.

I'm not convinced that's it. 

Michael is a good looking, decent guy.

He and Angela have known each other for three and a half years.

If Michael was only after a green card, there are probably thousands of other American women he could have successfully wooed online; women who are younger, more attractive, and not abusive. 

Angela showed her true colors to Michael early on in their relationship; Michael could have easily cut and run and moved on to someone else at that point.

Crazy as it sounds, I think he really does love Angela. Lots of people say they love their abusive partners.

Is that real love? Nope. But when someone is in the thick of that kind of relationship, they think it is (which is why they have such a hard time leaving).

If Michael ever makes it to the U.S. as Angela's husband, once confronted with the reality of what marriage to her is like day-to-day, he may find the strength to get out of the relationship. But does that mean that was his endgame all along? I don't think so.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I'm not convinced that's it. 

Michael is a good looking, decent guy.

He and Angela have known each other for three and a half years.

If Michael was only after a green card, there are probably thousands of other American women he could have successfully wooed online; women who are younger, more attractive, and not abusive. 

Angela showed her true colors to Michael early on in their relationship; Michael could have easily cut and run and moved on to someone else at that point.

Crazy as it sounds, I think he really does love Angela. Lots of people say they love their abusive partners.

Is that real love? Nope. But when someone is in the thick of that kind of relationship, they think it is (which is why they have such a hard time leaving).

If Michael ever makes it to the U.S. as Angela's husband, once confronted with the reality of what marriage to her is like day-to-day, he may find the strength to get out of the relationship. But does that mean that was his endgame all along? I don't think so.

He must to put up with that much abuse from a woman who is no prize. Grangala is racist as hell, she just loves having a black man she can demean & push around, jmho.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He got caught in his own trap trying to scam her for the green card. It's poetic.

I agree.  He made no secret of his desire to get to America earlier on, until he was denied the 90-Day Visa, after which, he completely changed his tune, acting as if he truly loves Angela, bowing to her every demand.

I think he's in it too deep to switch off Angela and try for another American woman to scam.  I think that if were to dump her and try again, he'd be denied again.....for good.  So he's learned to act the part, bow down to her, "prove" his love, by getting married to her in his country, where he can try to prove he wants to move to the U.S. for love, not just the Green Card.

His problem is, he said too many times, on film that he wants to be in America.  He waved his U.S. Flag, wore his MAGA hat, too many times, so now, immigration is on to him.

He's now stuck with  enormo-boobed Angela in her carryall cami-tops, as she cackle-screams at him through clouds of smoke if he dares to move his eyes in the direction of a remotely attractive female.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I'll join you on the "dough-ters" if we can add "Me and Michael" to that, too!

Definitely!  Also the following...

45 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

And how about, "Michael's and I's wedding (or whatever they are showing possession of!")

My former boss was a chain smoking, foul-mouthed, semi-illiterate POS.  Only difference between the two of them is that my former boss weighed 98 pounds soaking wet.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I don't think it would be so easy for Michael to find another American woman.

The numbers are just not in his favor. Which countries do the women and men, who are looking for foreigners to give them a better life, want to move to? USA, Canada, Western Europe (nobody wants to move to Moldova or Bulgaria e.g.) Australia and New Zealand have a combined population of under 600,000,000. 600 Million First-World citizens out of 8 Billion total population. That is over 7 people from developing countries for every one of us. Of course not everybody from a developing country wants to marry an American e.g. for a better life, but the ratio is probably higher than the ratio of Americans looking for a spouse from the developing world.  These numbers are the reason why Unicycle-David can "date" 150 Ukrainian women young enough to be his daughters and why Michael has decided that putting up with Angela is his only reasonable chance to get to the US. That is also why I really have high respect for Rose's decision to end it with Ed, he may well have been her only chance.

I don't find Michael particularly handsome; he is too baby-faced for my taste. One of his friends from his first season was much more handsome than Michael imo:

D1FD173D-733A-4D6F-AEF3-A7367F074E45.thumb.jpeg.4d423dd3f8e05a02735a0b58710a4bae.jpeg

Edited by Cini
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Cini said:

<snip> I don't find Michael particularly handsome; he is too baby-faced for my taste. One of his friends from his first season was much more handsome than Michael imo:

D1FD173D-733A-4D6F-AEF3-A7367F074E45.thumb.jpeg.4d423dd3f8e05a02735a0b58710a4bae.jpeg

I agree with you on that. I'm really picky vis-à-vis attractiveness, and Michael isn't my cup of tea. Will Smith? YASSS. 😊 But he's probably too baby faced for you, too!

But I've spoken to other women who think Michael is attractive, so I was speaking from a consensus of women I know (that didn't include me, obvs!) 😉

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Tania: "I threw out my plans when I met Syngin." Conveniently forgetting that she refused to give up her plan to go to Costa Rica for a month -- after Syngin traveled across the world -- to "study herbs" and to get drunk, as she accuses of Syngin every five minutes.

Finally, Syngin, came back with the truth about Tania: She wants more change from him than he has asked of her. 

Syngin, she is not your soulmate! I wish his friends and family would stage an intervention and get him away from Tania. 

Edited by nb360
  • Love 24

Asuelu and Kalani's therapy was a waste of time.   Did Kalani lay out exactly what the mother and sisters said to her?    Or is this another TLC phony therapy session? 

Kalani should just give up, buy Asuelu a one way ticket home, and divorce him.  

Angela was the tackiest bride ever.   I feel so sorry for the hair dresser trying to do anything with that mass of straw on her head.   And why did she have to get a dress that's falling off of her boobies, and with her titty tat sticking out?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I wonder what was going through the mind of the hairdresser working with Angela's hair, what a disaster that is....and she's sitting there blowing smoke in his face ~ she's too much all the time.

Libby please don't wear your hair up in a top knot - just don't!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18

So creepy Paul taking Karine to a poop treatment plant and the way he was talking was chilling.  Preview looks like they do go to Brazil or maybe just a fake out, I just can't imagine she would return to the US once she got home.  How can they afford to do that?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, endure said:

Syngins buddies should be life coaches 😉

I would love to see them on Pillow Talk. They were quite funny and honest. 

7 minutes ago, endure said:

So creepy Paul taking Karine to a poop treatment plant and the way he was talking was chilling.

Paul was being quite manipulative by bringing his wife and child to the treatment plant. Instead of trying to get a job the old-fashioned, reliable way -- by calling the manager, submitting a resume or something -- he tried to play on the manager's heart strings and hope the sight of a wife and child would make the manager willing to give a deadbeat assh*** a job.

• Love 15

Pole and Karine: The poop treatment tour? Why? There isn't anything else to see? If I was Karine I would be wondering if my husband planned to 'off' me and that's where I would end up. 2 months is a short time to find a job, especially if postings close in 2 weeks or so. More like 3 to 4 months. How can they afford to go back to Brazil? If Karine isn't happy, get a ticket somehow and go back on your own, visit a lawyer to arrange custody and support payments.

Tania and Syngin: Passion and lust takes over. Love is kind, undemanding and not prone to constant arguing. They have a ton of issues, they got married too fast, they hardly know each other. And they are not soulmates. They have a lot of karma to work through. Tania, no need to be 'emotional' and abusive to Syngin's parents. His mom has your number and area code. You need to love your husband and accept him as-is. Yeah, it's a superficial change to ask him to match his shirt or socks. You are not the writer of your husband's life. Both of you are on different pages in different novels. His friends, although a bit odd, have your number too.

Asuelu and Kalani: I have no idea who the victim is in this. Both are to blame. Kalani, find some sort of good birth control. Maybe the implant in the arm or an IUD. You married a vacation fling and a man you did not know. Just the dancer who found you pretty. Asuelu is immature - granted was maybe 21 or 22 when he married you. No real job prospects, no chance to explore life before two kids happened. He is struggling with life in the US, he really doesn't have many job skills or opportunities and he now has two kids to support. He misses his life in Samoa, where he was basically king. Outdated attitudes about marriage and family. He is the boss when he has barely a chicken leg to stand on. Counselling may or may not work. He is expecting to deal with a male Samoan, most likely old-school with the old tradition of the man is the boss. No real counsellors in Samoa, just pastors or priests, many of whom may have little actual life experience or relationships. He most likely wants the counsellor to see him as the alpha male but he really isn't. No matter if the counsellor is male or female, Samoan or not, the counsellor is to be objective and figure out what is going on and find solutions to the problems. Not be a Samoan 'man' who is tied up in gender roles from the previous century. I'd probably ask my dad to fund a plane ticket for him and send him home. Don't know if he is willing to do any work on himself or grow up and learn to be a respectful, loving partner.

Angela and Michael: Well, it's the wedding day. Both still have a lot of issues. Angela is still overbearing and abusive. Surely there are more suitable American women for Michael. Seems to be a nice guy. But he loves Ange. The bouquet was fake - I was expecting live blue roses. The poor hair stylist having to do her hair and breathe all the smoke and hope nothing catches fire. The dress wasn't the best fit, the green bra was not great (should have skipped it all together and had a built-in one in the dress. The guests looked great and I hope most were just hoping for a nice party and dinner. 

Andrei and Libby: So Andrei was little more than an honest cop/detective who got caught up in corruption. I would think Libby would have known this already. Was wondering if there was a flag on his passport to alert the cops that he was back in the country and to have him followed, albeit discreetly. Having Libby's relatives was simply convenience. He didn't appear to do anything wrong, he got out before he suffered any serious consequences. Lib - your husband does have some integrity and conscience - thank your lucky stars.

Colt/Debbie/Jess/Larissa: Sometimes the most interesting friendships happen. Jess, be grateful that you got out when you did. Deb played this masterfully. So innocent yet so devious. Both she and Colt deserve each other. No idea why all these so-called women find Coltee attractive and a possible suitor. Surely some have watched the show and see the reality. Or they just want to be famous for 15 minutes.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, lilysmom said:

And how about, "Michael's and I's wedding (or whatever they are showing possession of!")

I forget what they were supposed to be possessing, but tonight she said something about her “kidsez’” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Trust this old but retired floral designer that was a full polyester ugly ass bouquet. Probably one of the ugliest I’ve ever seen. About 15 - 20 years ago sometimes a pearl or crystal on a pin could be set down in the center of a rose or a stephanotis the bouquet. Pearls were often incorporated in a bouquet. The 3 pastel blue giant Marble like beads glued together then glued in the center of the fake “ roses”.  Looked like eyeballs on a stuffed animal. Could not be uglier. Then again it suits her perfectly. Trashy.  The thing is they make “ permanent botanicals” pretty well now. 
More crappy editing because there is overhead shot of the family walking into the winery and two people were using crutches then they’re sitting at the table and brother walks in like they hadn’t seen him. I am doing so much fast forwarding, guess I will catch it on
Pillow Talk.  What Groupon Did Vanessa buy Coltee for Christmas that would make him relaxed??? a massage?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18

It's getting harder to suspend my disbelief. I'm getting frustrated with filming & cast shenanigans:

- there is no reason why Paul can't get a job. Many places here, including temp agencies for local factories, hire convicted felons. MY guess is that the whole job storyline is bullshit-the reason he's not getting one is because he doesn't think he needs one. They're probably making more through 90 Day stuff (like cameos) than Paul thinks he can do anywhere else. He can't say that, though, because we're supposed to pretend there is no show. 

- TLC is paying for their flight back to Brazil, but of course they can't mention that because in Show World the show doesn't exist. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the timing of the trip coincides with Karine's illness. That may be why they're paying them to go back.

- the poop water plant was partly punishment for Karine Ubering. Pole is playing the part of White Savior, rescuing the poor little jungle girl from poverty. He doesn't HAVE to provide her with a good house, nice things, a reliable vehicle etc because since she's from a shack in the Amazon she should be grateful for whatever scrap he throws her.

- people keep wondering why SHE doesn't get a job. Aside from the language barrier and health issues at time of filming do we REALLY think Paul would let her work?  

- Andrei was worried enough to leave but felt safe enough talking about his former job on camera? And I refuse to believe that Family Libby didn't already know (though they're still jackasses). They're bringing on the drama in hopes of a spinoff.

- I actually DO think the Syngin/Tania stuff is real. She's demanding and he's wishy washy. At least they don't have a kid...

- Libby trying to drum up suspense with her will she/won't she crap by pretending that they're not already married.

- IMO Coltee was never interested in Jess. He was always dating Vanessa; Jess was a decoy to net him more show time. He's just as much of an attention seeking whore as the rest of them.

- how long were Aseulu and Kalani at the therapist's office? It went from mid afternoon to dark.

- I'm neither TeamKalani or TeamAseulu. He's an overgrown child and she's a shrew. He tells her to stay out of his family's business yet his family is demanding money amd speaking badly of her family to Kalani which IS her business. She should not have gone to his sisters and fought with them, but there's a whole list of stupid crap that he's done as well so he's not innocent. I fully expect that her going to see his sisters was producer driven. I also think that "where's my money" is, in part, about the apperance fee Sharp promised them. IMO they said they'd pay them $1,000 which is why Mama Aseulu was upset at the $100 offering. This is great advertisement for packing condoms and spermicide for vacation. 

How weird is it that despite how awful she is, Angela* and Mykul are probably one of the few "real" couples with genuine affection.     

HEA is going to have do go the way of TEEN MOM and break the 4th wall. It's getting too hard to pretend the cameos, appearances, cameras, and social media exposure don't exist. 

* this in no way implies that I like her or think the relationship is healthy. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 20

I know this was supposed to have been filmed towards the end of February (Asuelu bought Kalani flowers and balloons for Valentines Day, which she threw away at the airport; Kalani then said they’d been back in Utah about a week), but I wonder how warm or cold it was.  Oliver and Asuelu had on jackets, sweatpants, and shoes, and Kalani was barefoot with her breasts hanging out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Colt's smirk during his argument with Jess was chilling, disturbing and rage inducing.

Debbie coming down asking "What the hell is going on?" was too much. Stay in your lane, beyotch. Then accusing Jess of bringing this all on herself - no, that was you and your scheming ways, and your son and his appalling and exhibitionistic behavior. Even Colt is ready to tell you to MYOB.

• Love 18

I don't usually find Pole quite as creepy as others do, but that entire visit to the treatment plant was creepy in the extreme to me. Who drags their wife and baby out in the rain, no less, to such a place, then tries to "reason" with her, telling her this is how it's done in the U. S. and how it's so much better than Tonantins, and basically tries to convince her this is some sort of great family outing?

I forget who it was, but someone made a drink out of Tabasco sauce and beer! 😱

• Love 11
9 hours ago, nb360 said:

I would love to see them on Pillow Talk. They were quite funny and honest. 

Paul was being quite manipulative by bringing his wife and child to the treatment plant. Instead of trying to get a job the old-fashioned, reliable way -- by calling the manager, submitting a resume or something -- he tried to play on the manager's heart strings and hope the sight of a wife and child would make the manager willing to give a deadbeat assh*** a job.

That was very manipulative on his part to use his child and wife to get sympathy from the manager in order to get a job. How can he afford to fly his family back to Brazil if he can't even afford to buy dog food? I know I know TLC funded. What in the world was Karine thinking when she got with him. Paul's shown her multiple times who he really was yet she still married him. Was she that desperate to escape poverty in Brazil? All these couples on the show don't make sense to me...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I don't remember either but I took it to be a hangover cure.

Here in Baltimore we have something called a Boh Job, it is Natty Boh in OJ, it is good but from an outsider it may look icky so I cannot say that beer in tomato juice is icky.

• Love 2

To me Kalani, Libby, Deavan and Ari from "90 Day Fiance, the Other Way) are the same.  American women who went to foreign countries and married or became pregnant by men they didn't know and then get all upset when they realize their prince was never a prince at all.

It's getting harder to suspend my disbelief. I'm getting frustrated with filming & cast shenanigans:

Years ago, it would not have been that big of a deal, but these folks all have social media accounts and you hear stoires on YouTube as well.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

Once again we have a therapy session on camera.  Why wouldn't Kalani tell the therapist that Asuelo wants to be the head of the family but does not earn enough money for them to be independent so they live in HER family's home with HER family so that is why Asuelo is in no way shape or form to be considered the head of anything therefore giving money to his family is not possible so Asuelo should get off that stupid idea of being large and in charge.  Speaking of large...the boobs out at the therapists office, trying to hide them behind her hair...just wear clothes that cover them!

Pole is dangerous, he will not get a job (the felony has been dealt with, he has done his probation, etc...find that state agency that helps felons get jobs!), he would never let Karine get a job because of his shortcomings, he could not deal with Karine making the money because he would feel inferior and we know that would not go well.  He says he cannot afford to lose his family, actually he cannot afford to keep his family, I do not recall seeing him having much to do with the baby.

Angela, oy vey.  Her wedding dress was being toted in a trash bag, what a metaphor.  What bride does not wear the correct under pinnings for their wedding dress.  Her hair is so fried.  She was looking for a cigarette and glanced down her shirt, lol.  Her JoJo friend looks like she has a little something wrong with her, can't put my finger on it.  I know Angela did not want that young girl (was she the bridal hostess?) in her space with Michael one second longer than necessary although I would have loved to see one more prenuptial fight.

That bouquet was fugly.  I did not think for one minute that she would get real flowers.  Angela's ring on every finger, oy, two hand fulls of canardlies, (diamonds so small you can hardly see them), doubled up on a nicotine stained finger or two, ick.

Jess and Larissa did not speak in their native language at all. why?  I think they could be friends.  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I don't usually find Pole quite as creepy as others do, but that entire visit to the treatment plant was creepy in the extreme to me. Who drags their wife and baby out in the rain, no less, to such a place, then tries to "reason" with her, telling her this is how it's done in the U. S. and how it's so much better than Tonantins, and basically tries to convince her this is some sort of great family outing?

27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't remember either but I took it to be a hangover cure.

Here in Baltimore we have something called a Boh Job, it is Natty Boh in OJ, it is good but from an outsider it may look icky so I cannot say that beer in tomato juice is icky.

It was Michael making that drink for Angela.  

It looked like a can of Heineken, tabasco sauce, and maybe some Frank's hot sauce.

Just looking at it made my stomach roll.  🤢

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think Paul's job search consists of showing up at a business (like to have his mother buy dog food) or a sewage facility (for a family outing) and just randomly ask a random person there if they are hiring.  When they say "no," that (in his mind) consists of an attempt to get a job. Also mom was there at the first ask, and Karine was there at the second. Obviously that is enough to convince his mom and his wife that he is out there trying really hard! And, am I remembering this correctly, he actually asked Karine if she had a good time??!! It was as if they went to the ZOO!

Edited by lilysmom
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't see Angela as racist, I do not think she sees Michael as a black man she can dominate, I see her as a bully and stupid, she would push around and get abusive with Bubba from the local watering hole just the same.  She is a disgusting human who does not respect or care about anybody's opinions or thoughts, you do not have to be a racist to behave that way besides she has mixed raced grandchildren that seems to love and support.  I wonder if she saw her mother treat her father like crap?  Racist? No...shitty person, yes.

Just because a person has mixed race grandchildren, doesn't mean they're not a racist.  However Angela is a bully, if she tried that shit on an American man, black, white or whatever, he might tell her to fuck off, because he could find someone a lot better looking than Angela.  The thing that makes Angela attractive to Michael is that she's a white American with emphasis on "American."  That is the only thing she has going for her and she knows it.

Paul is another one, he sold Karine a dream that didn't exist.  She probably fell for it because he's a blonde, blue eyed American but now she sees that he sold her a pile of shit.  Karine can be poor in her own country where at least she has her family, friends and can speak the language.

Larissa is starting to look like the Joker.  I think she wants all these surguries (she knows she will get them for free via TLC) because she wants a career in either hard or soft core porn.  The only reason anybody wants to date Colt is to get on TV.

Kalani is a shrew.  I caught the dumb shit her mother said, that Asuleu what, tricked Kalani to have sex with him?  That he presented himself differently.  Honey, that's what most people do when they're dating.  Kalani had unprotected sex with him all by herself.  

I don't get Libby's family.  What Andrei told them wasn't bad at all, and it's not like there's never been police corruption in the US.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Just because a person has mixed race grandchildren, doesn't mean they're not a racist.  However Angela is a bully, if she tried that shit on an American man, black, white or whatever, he might tell her to fuck off, because he could find someone a lot better looking than Angela.  The thing that makes Angela attractive to Michael is that she's a white American with emphasis on "American."  That is the only thing she has going for her and she knows it.

Yes, agreed...Angela being the ticket to the US makes her a just a little more appetizing.  She should count her lucky stars that Michael or anyone would you know, "go there," with her.  

I would hate to know she is truly a racist because of her grandchildren, maybe she is an equal opportunity hater? 

• Love 2