Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Hot Tempers And Cold Feet

• Start Topic

This is for anyone confused by Kalani’s mother referring to the round pastries as “pancakes”.

Many Utahns are of Scandinavian extract and these are Danish pancakes known as “Aebelskivers” and are quite common in Utah. They are made with a batter with a high ratio of rising agents and baked in a custom pan to achieve the spherical shape. 

I was raised in Utah (but not a Mormon which is fairly rare) so ask me anyquestions about Kalani or Deavan, I can tell you if it’s a cultural thing (or just aweird thing!)

024A602B-7F4B-43D7-AA3E-DCD086EE1CFA.jpeg

• Useful 9
  • Love 5

Every group of South Africans criticized Tania, but she never took the criticism well, and she still lacks any self-awareness.

At the vineyard, Syngin's sister tells her, "I didn't expect it, you know, to burst out like that," regarding the braai.  Tania dismisses the remark by depersonalizing it and saying, "The emotions were high last night," as she looks down.  But Syngin's mother doesn't let go.  She says, "I felt actually a bit hurt by it," and looks directly at Tania.  To apologize without an apology, Tania concedes that she has "some control issues and such," but after Syngin's parents defend how carefree he is, Tania faults his inexperience with responsibility.  She also plays with her hair whenever someone is addressing her behavior.

Then, when she meets with the bruhs, the first thing they tell her is that they never thought that she and Syngin would work out.  She pulls her hair back.  They're visibly perturbed when she claims that Syngin displayed so many red flags in the beginning and are amazed about it in the talking head.  They keep on exchanging looks when she tries to defend herself and actually accuse her of coming out that night to argue.  She again deflects by arguing more aggressively with Syngin, who falls back on his pmce carefree life with no responsibilities.  In their final talking heads, the bruhs predict doom for the relationship, and Tania complains that too many people tell her to be patient and less controlling.

The bruhs still intensely dislike her from her impromptu two-month stay (while their rent remained past-due) and Syngin's update a few nights earlier, and Syngin's family deepened their disdain for her after experiencing her on this trip.  And, the producers must truly dislike her, which is why they freely show these dynamics and everyone's disdain.  However, everyone too readily defends Syngin as a free spirit.  After all, Tania demanded that she is a free-spirit, too.  They're both just grifters. 

• Love 18

Didn’t Tania say she wanted someone to buy her a house so she could be a housewife? Also pretty sure I’ve heard Syngin say adamantly that he does NOT want kids.  Do we need to hear them yell at each other any more? I think not.  Let’s have a divorce party to celebrate!  Syngin’s family and friends and maybe even Tania’s mom and sister would gladly come.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't follow sports much but how fun for him to be able be up front and personal during the draft and to actually make contact with the players, great for insight.  I love stories like this, the local guy gets noticed, it's a Cinderella story!  Now if you get your husband to do the same with these nutjobs we watch, that would be amazing.

I REALLY wanted him to get involved with this because he's much better at snarking than I am. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My blood still runs cold when I remember this scene--Larissa is depressed, she's been in bed in a darkened room for some time. (Was it after one of her arrests? Someone will know!) But Colt, even though she has asked to be left alone, insists on going in to her, saying "Larissa? Honey? Do you need anything? You should eat something!" and so on. It was so patently, blatantly manipulative, so cold. He is a terrible person, cruel and unfeeling. He and his mother's weird, enmeshed relationship is horrifying. She's a mean old drunk, he's a sociopath. He'd goad Larissa then call the cops on her, to show her that he was in control of her life and fortunes. Why TLC continues with this creep I'll never know. He's not just pathetic, like Danielle. 

So very well said!!  A thousand likes.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't remember either but I took it to be a hangover cure.

Here in Baltimore we have something called a Boh Job, it is Natty Boh in OJ, it is good but from an outsider it may look icky so I cannot say that beer in tomato juice is icky.

A Boh-mosa!  Huge fan.  We drink an uneasy number of them pregaming for Sunday Oriole games.  Well.  We used to.  

So Pole talking about taking Kreeny out to see American experiences ... outside of a grade school class trip, has anyone ever chosen a tour of a wastewater treatment facility?  So many things to do in Kentucky and he picks... that?  

I want to watch a Pillow Talk with Mykull's mother judging the crap out of everyone.  Her Disapproving Face is so perfect for these clowns.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 9/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

He got caught in his own trap trying to scam her for the green card. It's poetic.

“If” he gets the green card, what’s he gonna do in Georgia with that whole bunch of kids and sickGrandma in the house?  He’ll leave town never to be seen again.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

None of us have said that getting violent is okay.

I don't like Larissa but you can be both an asshole and a victim at the same time. 

Agreed. Larissa is a horrible person, that is not in doubt. No one is excusing Larissa for anything. But Colt know just what to do, to get the reaction. he wanted and expected, so that he could call the cops, wring his doughy hands, (and drunky old Deb could sob and pretend to be frightened), so that he could control the narrative. He is a very weird and creepy person, who is very invested in exerting control over women. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

After the drama at the floral shop, Angela's flowers were fake?  Silk?  And that was, by far, the UGLIEST boquet. ever.

Did y'all hear?  Angela is getting married without her family there.  She has only mentioned it 3,126 times.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

What do you do when the person you are talking to says to leave them alone? Paul was especially offensive to Karine and she didn’t want to talk anymore. Yet, he kept it trying to force her to talk... so much so I yelled shut up and skipped the rest of the segment. I don’t think Karine is difficult but she needs to go home where she can be with family. 

• Love 8
On 9/7/2020 at 9:11 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't remember either but I took it to be a hangover cure.

Here in Baltimore we have something called a Boh Job, it is Natty Boh in OJ, it is good but from an outsider it may look icky so I cannot say that beer in tomato juice is icky.

I have heard beer and Tabasco and tomato juice called a redneck or hillbilly Bloody Mary. Friend of mine from Pittsburgh loves his.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

This is for anyone confused by Kalani’s mother referring to the round pastries as “pancakes”.

Many Utahns are of Scandinavian extract and these are Danish pancakes known as “Aebelskivers” and are quite common in Utah. They are made with a batter with a high ratio of rising agents and baked in a custom pan to achieve the spherical shape. 

I was raised in Utah (but not a Mormon which is fairly rare) so ask me anyquestions about Kalani or Deavan, I can tell you if it’s a cultural thing (or just aweird thing!)

024A602B-7F4B-43D7-AA3E-DCD086EE1CFA.jpeg

I was curious and looked up Samoan pancakes. They are a thing, and I can't wait to cook them!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

What do you do when the person you are talking to says to leave them alone? Paul was especially offensive to Karine and she didn’t want to talk anymore. Yet, he kept it trying to force her to talk... so much so I yelled shut up and skipped the rest of the segment. I don’t think Karine is difficult but she needs to go home where she can be with family. 

Like someone else said:  She can be poor in Brazil with her family around and be with people who speak her language.  

That whole scene was ODD:  "Hey!  It is raining, the baby is asleep, let's go to a sewage facility!  And I will beg for a job and use you for sympathy!"  Run, Karine, run!

I stream on Hulu and I was able to get through Sunday's episode last night in about forty minutes.  Skipped all things Colt, Larissa and Jess.  Don't care about Tania yelling at Syngin.......AGAIN.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Every group of South Africans criticized Tania, but she never took the criticism well, and she still lacks any self-awareness.

At the vineyard, Syngin's sister tells her, "I didn't expect it, you know, to burst out like that," regarding the braai.  Tania dismisses the remark by depersonalizing it and saying, "The emotions were high last night," as she looks down.  But Syngin's mother doesn't let go.  She says, "I felt actually a bit hurt by it," and looks directly at Tania.  To apologize without an apology, Tania concedes that she has "some control issues and such," but after Syngin's parents defend how carefree he is, Tania faults his inexperience with responsibility.  She also plays with her hair whenever someone is addressing her behavior.

Then, when she meets with the bruhs, the first thing they tell her is that they never thought that she and Syngin would work out.  She pulls her hair back.  They're visibly perturbed when she claims that Syngin displayed so many red flags in the beginning and are amazed about it in the talking head.  They keep on exchanging looks when she tries to defend herself and actually accuse her of coming out that night to argue.  She again deflects by arguing more aggressively with Syngin, who falls back on his pmce carefree life with no responsibilities.  In their final talking heads, the bruhs predict doom for the relationship, and Tania complains that too many people tell her to be patient and less controlling.

The bruhs still intensely dislike her from her impromptu two-month stay (while their rent remained past-due) and Syngin's update a few nights earlier, and Syngin's family deepened their disdain for her after experiencing her on this trip.  And, the producers must truly dislike her, which is why they freely show these dynamics and everyone's disdain.  However, everyone too readily defends Syngin as a free spirit.  After all, Tania demanded that she is a free-spirit, too.  They're both just grifters. 

I'm not sure Sinjin is grifting.   I think Tania is one of the least self-aware people we've seen on this parade of the socially-impaired.  Sinjin seems to enjoy having a sexy girlfriend who wants to move in with him and his bros, without contributing to the rent--he seems like an easily-led laid-back guy who lets things happen in his life.  When things he doesn't like happen, he moves on or tries to function while ignoring the stuff he doesn't like.  He's lots of fun to hang with, but is not someone you'd want to be permanently attached to or dependent on.  He finds himself married--legally tied--to a very controlling woman who apparently likes his looks and his sexual performance but finds him lacking in all other regards.

We've seen her tell him that she has a "literal clock" ticking inside her body, so she's got to have a baby right away.  He was not enthusiastic, but she disregarded this really important difference in their expectations.  Why didn't this difference stop everything from going on?  Did she think she could talk him out of it?  Did he not understand that this was really and truly importance to her happiness, that it was a major expectation about their life together?  How could each of them brush this major difference aside as if it didn't matter?  I blame Sinjin here; he really didn't listen to her and express more definitely and clearly that babies were not in his immediate future.

Free spirit as Tania insists she is, and no matter how boho the look she cultivates, what she wants is a married life from the 1950's, where mom stays home with the kids and dad goes to the office every day.  She insists on portraying herself as something she is not--as something 180 degrees from what she is not--by running off for new-age training or whatever the hell it was, by portraying herself as a sort of hippie--dumping him in a shed, but expecting him to get out the Skilsaw and fix it up like the square he is not.

Of the two of them, I think Tania is more to blame for a) not portraying herself honestly b) by not being clear about her genuine expectations about married life and c) by committing the greatest marital sin of all: trying to change her spouse into something he is not.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

After the drama at the floral shop, Angela's flowers were fake?  Silk?  And that was, by far, the UGLIEST boquet. ever.

Did y'all hear?  Angela is getting married without her family there.  She has only mentioned it 3,126 times.

Did they actually get married or what?  I saw them standing there and it looked like she was having second thoughts.  Then, it went to commercial.  I didnt see any vows spoken.

4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed. Larissa is a horrible person, that is not in doubt. No one is excusing Larissa for anything. But Colt know just what to do, to get the reaction. he wanted and expected, so that he could call the cops, wring his doughy hands, (and drunky old Deb could sob and pretend to be frightened), so that he could control the narrative. He is a very weird and creepy person, who is very invested in exerting control over women. 

I don't think Colt and Debbie are that smart.

Of the two of them, I think Tania is more to blame for a) not portraying herself honestly b) by not being clear about her genuine expectations about married life and c) by committing the greatest marital sin of all: trying to change her spouse into something he is not.

That's my problem with Tania.  She wants to pretend that she's "woke" but she wants to be a traditional housewife, which is something Syngin didn't know.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

I was curious and looked up Samoan pancakes. They are a thing, and I can't wait to cook them!

are they served with Samoan canned corned beef? 

15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Did they actually get married or what?  I saw them standing there and it looked like she was having second thoughts.  Then, it went to commercial.  I didnt see any vows spoken.

It was a cliffhanger! You have to tune in next week to see what happens! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Well she had to pull her smokes out of her bra, berate Michael for looking a female guest and holler at Jo Jo to bring her a Coke.  I laughed OUT LOUD at the "toss boquet" they made for her.  Like there will be ANY single women at this affair?  

I know this was a week or so ago, but:  Joint Bachelor/Bachelorette party?  Worst. Idea. Ever.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I feel more and more sorry for Michael every episode. Can you imagine living your life in terror for accidentally setting off the beast? I thought she’d either find the fart hilarious or go off on a tirade about “disrespect”. He must be walking on eggshells CONSTANTLY. And I’m sorry to be so cold, but shut up already about the sick mom, Angela. You’re a grandmother to kids who are school-aged...yeah, your parent might pass. It’s what human brings do. I also think it’s really annoying she calls that friend “sissy”. 

“We’re getting married tomorrow!” - Libby. No, false. Also, shut up. I can’t believe their story for the season has been solely about Andrei’s shallow involvement with Moldavian law enforcement 5 years ago. Captivating stuff. She acts like a hero for accepting this past, like it’s something controversial or morally ambiguous. I cannot roll my eyes hard enough. 

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Like there will be ANY single women at this affair?  

If there are, they must be related to Michael.

Out on the dance floor! "all the singles ladies...all the single ladies...uh oh oh" 

And I just KNOW Angela is wearing a really tacky garter that Michael will have to retrieve with his teeth. Don't forget, she doesn't like to wear underwear...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She would STILL flip out at Michael looking at any woman, related or not.

50 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

but shut up already about the sick mom, Angela. You’re a grandmother to kids who are school-aged...yeah, your parent might pass.

I am tired of it too - like she is the only one who has had a sick parent.  Didn't stop you from flying across the globe to chase your "hot" Nigerian, though....did it?

51 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

“We’re getting married tomorrow!” - Libby. No, false. Also, shut up.

Did they not get the memo that they are already married??

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

A Boh-mosa!  Huge fan.  We drink an uneasy number of them pregaming for Sunday Oriole games.  Well.  We used to.  

So Pole talking about taking Kreeny out to see American experiences ... outside of a grade school class trip, has anyone ever chosen a tour of a wastewater treatment facility?  So many things to do in Kentucky and he picks... that?  

I want to watch a Pillow Talk with Mykull's mother judging the crap out of everyone.  Her Disapproving Face is so perfect for these clowns.  

BTW, I’d totally listen to/watch you talk Orioles on a fantasy baseball-related show or podcast!!! 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Well she had to pull her smokes out of her bra, berate Michael for looking a female guest and holler at Jo Jo to bring her a Coke.  I laughed OUT LOUD at the "toss boquet" they made for her.  Like there will be ANY single women at this affair?  

I know this was a week or so ago, but:  Joint Bachelor/Bachelorette party?  Worst. Idea. Ever.

She said, "This is the one I throw away," about the bouquet to toss.  I didn't see or pay attention to Michael's boutonneire or Sissy's bridesmaid's bouquet.  Despite all her weeping that her family won't be at the wedding, Skyla said, "You still have time to be a runaway bride," when Angela facetimed them from the venue.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

are they served with Samoan canned corned beef? 

It was a cliffhanger! You have to tune in next week to see what happens! 

I for one am on the edge of my seat. Oh wait.

55 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Out on the dance floor! "all the singles ladies...all the single ladies...uh oh oh" 

And I just KNOW Angela is wearing a really tacky garter that Michael will have to retrieve with his teeth. Don't forget, she doesn't like to wear underwear...

Oh, thanks a lot @magemaud. My dreams will be haunted tonight. 

• LOL 1
10 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

She said, "This is the one I throw away," about the bouquet to toss.  I didn't see or pay attention to Michael's boutonneire or Sissy's bridesmaid's bouquet.  Despite all her weeping that her family won't be at the wedding, Skyla said, "You still have time to be a runaway bride," when Angela facetimed them from the venue.  

The constant crying is jarring.  LOTS and LOTS of servicemen and servicewomen can't be at family weddings so you can take a seat, Angela.

Angela hung up on Skyla when she said that comment about being a runaway bride, lol.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I didn't see or pay attention to Michael's boutonneire or Sissy's bridesmaid's bouquet.

She ordered a corsage (not a bouquet) for Sissy or as she said "her ONLY attendant" at the flower shop. She also ordered one for Michael's mother. Michael's friend who asked him if he was SURE that he wanted to marry Angela helped pin on his boutonniere when he got dressed.

A7518445-CFCA-47C2-9D71-3FF3F16CCA8E.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

I'm not sure Sinjin is grifting.   

In the New York Times article about a year ago, Syngin said that his end goal for being on the show was that someone would offer them a camper or land.  There's been speculation that the producers give them a bad edit, because they didn't appreciate Tania and Syngin's trying to outplay them.  

• Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I concur on both points. Andrei's story is full of holes, but Sharp apparently relies heavily on the ignorance of their viewers. "Wow, Lurleen, those Maldavians are corrupt! Andrei is lucky he got away from all that! Of course, he zeroed in on an American girl, that's why he went to Ireland!" Because American girls are thick on the ground in Ireland. Much likelier to meet an American there than, say, an Irish girl. 

And he had to flee, but now he's free to come back, talk freely about his harrowing experience, and film himself and his family as they rove the streets of Moldova. 

Kalani's father is one of my least favorite people. He sits there and rumbles that he doesn't want his daughter to marry a Samoan man, because they don't treat their women well. And he should know. His wife and daughters walk on eggshells around him and hang on his every word. No one dares make a peep when Lo speaks. He's a jackass. He's pissed that Kalani didn't snag herself a nice blond Mormon engineer or dentist. 

Just to speak to the gaping holes in Andrrei’s story, I can’t recall his friends name, is he still working as a cop or did he quit too.  It just makes me wonder why he too didn’t leave the country and how he can now speak freely about the corruption.  Same goes for Andrrei but of course he is free to leave and return to the US, but shouldn’t he worry about his family that remain in Moldova?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I guess you haven’t seen Coltee’s bubble bath photos

Oh great. Sleep will be a stranger to me now. 

4 minutes ago, endure said:

Just to speak to the gaping holes in Andrrei’s story, I can’t recall his friends name, is he still working as a cop or did he quit too.  It just makes me wonder why he too didn’t leave the country and how he can now speak freely about the corruption.  Same goes for Andrrei but of course he is free to leave and return to the US, but shouldn’t he worry about his family that remain in Moldova?

Well, sure, except the whole thing is made up out of whole cloth or I miss my guess. 

Another xenophobic jab from Sharp. "Not only are cops in Moldova crooked and corrupt, they're stupid! We'll bring Serpico here back to Moldova, film him and his family as they stride nonchalantly through the streets of the capital city, and they won't even notice!" Its so insulting in every way. They certainly had to get permits to film, and people probably bent over backwards to help. And the production company is painting the country as backward and corrupt. It just rubs me the wrong way. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Another xenophobic jab from Sharp. "Not only are cops in Moldova crooked and corrupt, they're stupid! We'll bring Serpico here back to Moldova, film him and his family as they stride nonchalantly through the streets of the capital city, and they won't even notice!" Its so insulting in every way. They certainly had to get permits to film, and people probably bent over backwards to help. And the production company is painting the country as backward and corrupt. It just rubs me the wrong way. 

Because there are NEVER any corrupt cops in the United States. (insert eye roll here)

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

I feel more and more sorry for Michael every episode. Can you imagine living your life in terror for accidentally setting off the beast? I thought she’d either find the fart hilarious or go off on a tirade about “disrespect”. He must be walking on eggshells CONSTANTLY. And I’m sorry to be so cold, but shut up already about the sick mom, Angela. You’re a grandmother to kids who are school-aged...yeah, your parent might pass. It’s what human brings do. I also think it’s really annoying she calls that friend “sissy”. 

Everything that happens to Michael is self-inflicted at this point. He's allowed himself to be emasculated again and again in front of his entire family and continues to put up with all kinds of abuse in the name of getting a green card. He should grow a pair and tell Angela to GTFO of his life. Apparently, being treated this way is the currency to get a green card and he's choosing to pay it. 

• Love 6
On 9/7/2020 at 11:22 AM, AZChristian said:

Turnabout . . . Asuelo moves to the USA and marries.  But he still wants to follow the strict Samoan tradition of financially supporting his mother . . . WHO DOESN'T EVEN LIVE IN SAMOA HERSELF!!!

Her parents are Samoan too, apparently his strict Samoan tradition doesn't extend to not being a leach on his in-laws.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, Mothra said:

He's taken her to a supermarket to show her how much better food shopping is in the US (vs. a country where the variety of fruits and vegetables may be more limited (so what? she know what she wants, and it's available in Brazil) but what is there is fresher and cheaper, and to a sewage treatment plant (to back up his demonstration of why it's safe to drink water from the faucet; now she knows how they strain the turds out), something that can't matter to her a fraction of how much her loneliness living with an unemployed psychopath matters to her.  How could she ever want to leave a country with such an abundance of choices in the Feminine Hygiene aisle?  How could she not want to spend the rest of her life with a creepy unemployed man who shoves maxipads and tampons in her face and demands she choose, because America is a great country?

I know Brazil is going through some ~shit~ right now but their standard of living in Brazil is not because Brazil is impoverished war torn hellhole, their standard of living in Brazil is because they are poor and apparently choose to live as filthy people in houses covered in trash, their exact situation in the US.

Brazil is a wealthy developed country with a strong middle class and modern cities, Walmart famously failed in Brazil because the middle class thought Walmart was too déclassé.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
On 9/6/2020 at 3:09 PM, xls said:

He must to put up with that much abuse from a woman who is no prize. Grangala is racist as hell, she just loves having a black man she can demean & push around, jmho.

Being called a racist is just about the worst thing a person can be called and I’m not real comfortable with that. Sadly, there are plenty of racists in this world but to jump to the conclusion that someone is a racist because they are from the South or because they support a certain political candidate or for whatever other reason, with no proof other than opinion or conjecture, doesn’t seem fair to me.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:10 AM, Irsel32 said:

I still can’t tolerate Tania.  At all.  I’d rather be stuck all day in an elevator with the Chucklebutt family than spend an hour with her.  She’s ridiculous.

I’d prefer Tania, even though I CANNOT stand her. The Chucking Fucks are buffoons and their special brand of insanity is obnoxious in its own right. But if I had the bad fortune of being stuck in an elevator with Tania, I would enjoy the opportunity to give her a dose of reality. I’d happily point out her lack of self-awareness, her selfishness, how Syngin will NEVER be the man she wants to change him into and, if she’s as mindful of her ticking clock as she states she is, she needs to cut her losses and find some sap who would willingly toe the line and be her dream nebbish  man.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Why are there not braai restaurants everywhere? That looks like the bomb! Just sitting outside, 'quein up all the meats..

For a while there were the Brazilian steak houses, or restaurants, where the main offering was rotisserie roasted meats, they would bring various sausages, and then roast around, and cut off what you wanted.  I used to see them advertised fairly often, but not recently.  

(Remember the meat place they went to in Bridesmaids, then went to the bridal salon?   That's the type I'm talking about, minus the food poisoning they had in the movie).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Didn’t Tania say she wanted someone to buy her a house so she could be a housewife? Also pretty sure I’ve heard Syngin say adamantly that he does NOT want kids.  Do we need to hear them yell at each other any more? I think not.  Let’s have a divorce party to celebrate!  Syngin’s family and friends and maybe even Tania’s mom and sister would gladly come.

Tania yelled at Syngin about wanting a house on their night out with his friends.  He had just told her that she needs too much change from him and has never asked about his needs.  He then said that he loves her just the way she is and doesn't care if she wants to be a housewife (meaning that he'd support her in whatever her choice is).   She interrupted and demanded, "How can I be a housewife to someone who doesn't want to give me a house?"  He finished, and said, " . . or a shed."  Then, she yelled, "So how can you love that about me?"

Their argument at the braai started after Tania declared that she wouldn't raise children in South Africa, when Syngin said that he'd like to return there and buy land.  Syngin interrupted her and asked, "Kids? Who said that's ever going to happen?”  Tania replied repeatedly, "Bring it down a notch."  In her talking head, she said that he started to be against having children after he arrived to the US.  She later said that she felt that Syngin had taken advantage of her and was unfair of him to marry if he had no plans to stay in the US.  She got more emotional as she kept on demanding that he have a direction and take action.

As many wiser posters here have noted, they're both exhausting.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

Why does Jaeger have such a negative image? I've never tasted any or even know anything what the bottle looks like.

It's cheap and tastes like licorice.  Very popular with the college crowd for the cheapness.  Very unpopular with me, and many others, for the taste.

image.png.4a57c9682c339e494812f7316081425b.png

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Mykull's and Sojaboy's mothers could share a couch and just stare down everyone. At some point, Mommy Usman could put her shawl on over her head and wordlessly leave the room. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 9/8/2020 at 6:11 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

outside of a grade school class trip, has anyone ever chosen a tour of a wastewater treatment facility? 

Field trip?  Been there - done that!  We called them sewage treatment plants, back in the day, 50+ years ago…

Edited by kirklandia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"Not only are cops in Moldova crooked and corrupt, they're stupid! We'll bring Serpico here back to Moldova, film him and his family as they stride nonchalantly through the streets of the capital city, and they won't even notice!"

We should have suspected something was up when Breastfeeding Sister Becky's Wikipedia research into Moldova specifically turned up police corruption. Production was obviously laying the groundwork for Andrei's "forced off the force" story. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5