Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, sATL said:

So was the STAR open to the public to do the filming ? Or it never closed ? Special consideration/permission was granted from the local health/elected authorities - as an essential business?  I didn't think the STAR was like HS/JR college fields - ie easy to sneak in, off hours..

I think our NFL club facilities and the training camp premises closed for quite a while... not to say that anyone was breaking any speed records to get there....{ps: still embarrassed by loss with Saints game yesterday}

Anyone can go to the star and walk around and shop and eat at the restaurants you just can’t go inside the main building and that field Sheridan filmed at is right there by the different stores and such !! 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

Here’s a fun list I thought I would do since the audition videos are being released that y’all can join in on too!
Things I would love to stop seeing in audition videos/dances that seriously just bug the crap out of me

• Tan jazz shoes
    • These are horrendous. I hated them when I danced and I hate them now. They do nothing for your lines and honestly they’re crap to dance in. They train in sneakers so I’d much rather see that, bare feet, or footundeez/gloves if at all necessary for the dancer.
  • Half-sole shoes
    • See above lol
  • Switch split/Scissor split leaps
    • These are so over done and so rarely done well. I much prefer seeing artistic or rhythmic gymnasts do them because they have both the power and flexibility necessary to make them look good
  • Half-assed high kicks
    • These are something I’m all or nothing about. Either you’re all in for them or don’t even bother doing them, find some other more unique way to showcase your flexibility to the DCC “standards”. If you can’t be bothered to stretch beforehand or put some effort in, why put them in your dance and make yourself look like you can’t do one of the most basic DCC moves?
  • Fan kicks
    • I wasn’t going to add this but then I got tired of seeing it in all of the girls videos lol. I find it just slows the dance down and looks awkward especially when most seem to plié their supporting leg instead of stretching fulling onto relevé with a straight supporting leg to extend their lines
  • Calypso leaps
    • Unless you have hella long legs or an asinine amount of power in your leaps, DON’T DO THEM. This could also be because I hated these when I danced, but it takes a lot of power to push that back leg up in attitude and arch your back so that it doesn’t look like you have no flexibility to speak of at all. (Seriously, I have nightmares about all the times these were in my duets/solos, I did NOT have the power to execute them 🤦🏻‍♀️)

Aaaaand that’s all I can think of since rewatching/binging all of the released audition videos, feel free to add your own or even disagree!

Editing to add A la seconde turns! Why? Over done and so rarely well done! I understand that these are pretty much a staple in all US university dance/Pom/drill teams but good lord! There are so many other turn sequences that are so much better and so much more unique/would add more to their dance. Honestly, even just a good set of pirouettes are better than ANY set of a la seconde turns for me 😬

Agree with these (although I do like a GOOD fan kick). I would add "throwing themselves on the ground after a leap". Those who can gracefully descend to the floor are fine, but so so many just hurl themselves on the ground and it looks so ungraceful AND painful as well!

20 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Amanda justifies #TeamAmanda!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH78yrKnmko/

This is a great example of someone who can move from a leap onto the ground with grace. Amanda has really grown on me since she first started in the DCC.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe Thanksgiving!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Amanda justifies #TeamAmanda!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH78yrKnmko/

Love Amanda and the dance! I've been waiting for her to finally get a DCC in motion solo (Kelsey too)  I just wish that Amanda had been able to dance in the studio, a lobby, or even on the field like Lisa did. I can tell she was a bit restrained by that small area. I agree with Kelli when she said Amanda was the perfect mix of technique and power. I would of loved to see her go all out. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Love Amanda and the dance! I've been waiting for her to finally get a DCC in motion solo (Kelsey too)  I just wish that Amanda had been able to dance in the studio, a lobby, or even on the field like Lisa did. I can tell she was a bit restrained by that small area. I agree with Kelli when she said Amanda was the perfect mix of technique and power. I would of loved to see her go all out. 

For me as well as technique and power, she's the perfect mix between sexy, flirty and fun when she performs too. What was it Briana said about being appealing to men and women? That's Amanda when she dances. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Agree. Seems too narrow of a space. However Amanda is awesome anywhere you put her.

Does everyone have a favorite DCC in motion?

Mine is still Hannah and Erin's - probably because I'm still grieving Hannah's cut. LOL. 

• Love 24

I think the DCC in motion clips are nice especially for show group and off season..  But what I would really like to see is the team of women perform their routines in uniform.  I feel like TPTB really have missed an opportunity.  They obviously cannot perform on the field during games and cannot go on any ambassador visits nor show group performances due to covid limitations.  

So what they could have done was rented a studio/banquet hall or utilize their own practice field. Hire professional videographers to video their performances and sell them on their website.  Or create a premium ($) website where they can be viewed on.  This way they could copyright their performances and still make some money.  This gives them reasons to perform and stay in shape and stay relevant. They wouldn't have to wear their masks while they are performing because they would have the place to themselves, but this allows them to learn/choreograph routines and show them off to their fans.

Just my two cents. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Did the Tori girl make the team?

No 

29 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I think the DCC in motion clips are nice especially for show group and off season..  But what I would really like to see is the team of women perform their routines in uniform.  I feel like TPTB really have missed an opportunity.  They obviously cannot perform on the field during games and cannot go on any ambassador visits nor show group performances due to covid limitations.  

So what they could have done was rented a studio/banquet hall or utilize their own practice field. Hire professional videographers to video their performances and sell them on their website.  Or create a premium ($) website where they can be viewed on.  This way they could copyright their performances and still make some money.  This gives them reasons to perform and stay in shape and stay relevant. They wouldn't have to wear their masks while they are performing because they would have the place to themselves, but this allows them to learn/choreograph routines and show them off to their fans.

Just my two cents. 

Jerry Jones isn’t allowing any type of media inside the star so using there practice facility would be a no

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Agree. Seems too narrow of a space. However Amanda is awesome anywhere you put her.

Does everyone have a favorite DCC in motion?

Mine is still Hannah and Erin's - probably because I'm still grieving Hannah's cut. LOL. 

For me it's Bridget's, Gina's, and Lisa's from last year:

But I think Amber's, Lexie's, and Ashlee's is also fun: 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I've downloaded the app. The only fun thing I've found so far is that some of the bios are already up:

http://dccheerleaders.wpengine.com/our-team/amanda or https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/amanda Both links go to the same page.

Switch out each name with the veteran that you want to see.

Still no rookies?  I really do feel bad (well only for some 😆) that they can't officially announce they are on the team yet 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Gina and Bridget, minus Lisa, wud have been my favorite😬

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Does any of you have and/or use Amazon prime video? If yes can you watch DCC with it. Just wondered because I upgraded my phone recently and they gave me a few freebies and I have no idea what to pick, and one of them freebies is 3 months free amazon prime video and as I don't feel like buying a season pass for this year's mtt on itunes, I was thinking of getting the amazon prime video freebie and making a US amazon account to use it but I'm not sure if I should because I want to know if anyone has it and is able to watch DCC with the amazon prime video etc. 

Also I know VK is not fat, but having just finished catching up, is it me or is one of the pictures from last week look like she gained weight and the shorts is a little tight on her? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Does any of you have and/or use Amazon prime video? If yes can you watch DCC with it. Just wondered because I upgraded my phone recently and they gave me a few freebies and I have no idea what to pick, and one of them freebies is 3 months free amazon prime video and as I don't feel like buying a season pass for this year's mtt on itunes, I was thinking of getting the amazon prime video freebie and making a US amazon account to use it but I'm not sure if I should because I want to know if anyone has it and is able to watch DCC with the amazon prime video etc. 

I have prime and still had to buy the seasons.  I signed out to double check, and the only way to get seasons 1-13 without buying each season, is to sign up for CBS All Access - but that is 5.99 a month.  So not necessarily a freebie.  Plus, you wouldn't get the new season.

• Useful 3

I’ve done iTunes season pass the past few years, and it’s usually uploaded by midnight. And then you keep the season when it’s done if you want mindless background noise and don’t want to listen to the commercials on Pluto! Can’t recommend for the early seasons and the meet in Vegas song tho. 

• Useful 1

So wait is the only venue for non-cable viewers like myself this year itunes or CBS All Access? Cause I couldn't find S15 on Amazon Prime. Usually by now they just let you pre-order the whole season. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Lona said:

So wait is the only venue for non-cable viewers like myself this year itunes or CBS All Access? Cause I couldn't find S15 on Amazon Prime. Usually by now they just let you pre-order the whole season. 🤷‍♂️

You can also check out Philo which carries CMT and is $20 month. 

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Also I know VK is not fat, but having just finished catching up, is it me or is one of the pictures from last week look like she gained weight and the shorts is a little tight on her? 

I tried this, it clocked I’m not in the US, same with iTunes so it switched me back to the UK, I also tried signing up to CBS all access that also clocked I’m not in the US 

On 11/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, DCCOracle said:

Also:
Lacey was in the very back row in her rookie year and was bumped all the way up front in her 2nd year.
Kristin Gauthier was in the very back her rookie year and got bumped to the front for her 2nd year.
Ashton Torres was way in the back for her rookie year and then literally in the center of the photo for her 2nd year.
Abigail Klein and Loni Lindsey were up front their rookie year.
...and the 🐐 got cut her first time trying out in 2004, was in the 2nd row in 2005, and bumped to the very front in 2006.

If it wasn't for the triangle formation this year - specifically Amanda's 'promotion' over her rookie sisters - I would say this is plausible. Season 15 will be the real way to tell.

Whose the 🐐?

On 11/20/2020 at 12:58 AM, kalibean said:

And of course the DCC only exist because of the football team, but truly, the Cowboys only have eight home games.  EIGHT.  Unless you're on show group and/or a lot of other non game performances, you aren't dancing that often.  That's why weaker dancers often get a pass IMO, especially if they're exceptionally beautiful, talented or sparkling in personality.  (Kat is a good example here, maybe even Kristen...I've got nothing for Meredith.)

As a UK fan and one with minimal NFL knowledge 😀, this is a revelation for me. 8 games!!! Show makes some much more sense to be now i.e. why dance does not trump everything else and they're looking for people who bring other things to the mix.....

• Love 4
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I have prime and still had to buy the seasons.  I signed out to double check, and the only way to get seasons 1-13 without buying each season, is to sign up for CBS All Access - but that is 5.99 a month.  So not necessarily a freebie.  Plus, you wouldn't get the new season.

I'm in the uk so no chance to get CBS access at all or anything else that includes youtube that doesnt show it because some content is "blocked" within certain countries. (off topic its like this with youtube, there was a show here in the uk made and created in the uk but you can't view it in youtube at all because it is "blocked to uk viewers" Bullcrap!!!!!! lol) 

9 hours ago, kalibean said:

I’ve done iTunes season pass the past few years, and it’s usually uploaded by midnight. And then you keep the season when it’s done if you want mindless background noise and don’t want to listen to the commercials on Pluto! Can’t recommend for the early seasons and the meet in Vegas song tho. 

The thing with itunes is, they don't have series 1 and 2 (PFFFFTTTTTT, the only seasons I have not seen and cannot find anywhere to watch, even on pirate websites). But the thing is the last 2 years or so, itunes don't release the episodes until like 2 days later, which is dead annoying. I don't fancy being 2 or 3 days behind lol, bad enough I catch up on here like once a month due to work ha!!!!

5 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I tried this, it clocked I’m not in the US, same with iTunes so it switched me back to the UK, I also tried signing up to CBS all access that also clocked I’m not in the US 

You need to make a sep account with in the us and basically have a us address etc to do this. Do not try this with apple unless you are willing (only because I did find this out by accident) I have a UK itunes account and a US itunes account. the us account is with an old email that I don't use anymore and if you have an iphone/itunes on the computer/ipad etc if you watch something on the uk account then decide to go watch something that is only released on us itunes eg DCC you won't be able to watch anything from your uk account for 90 days. Apple policy apparently!!!! Good thing I have 2 iphone, one is old one that I upgraded from and the other is the new one and an ipad so I could afford to do it, but if you don't have that luxury don't do it if you don't want to be allowed to switch back to the other account).

29 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:You need to make a sep account with in the us and basically have a us address etc to do this. Do not try this with apple unless you are willing (only because I did find this out by accident) I have a UK itunes account and a US itunes account. the us account is with an old email that I don't use anymore and if you have an iphone/itunes on the computer/ipad etc if you watch something on the uk account then decide to go watch something that is only released on us itunes eg DCC you won't be able to watch anything from your uk account for 90 days. Apple policy apparently!!!! Good thing I have 2 iphone, one is old one that I upgraded from and the other is the new one and an ipad so I could afford to do it, but if you don't have that luxury don't do it if you don't want to be allowed to switch back to the other account).

Tried loads of this too (don’t know why it’s quoting you in caps) in the end my partner got apps on his prime stick and shield TV thing he’s got that has all the past series and will have the current ones the day after I’ve been watching them on there, he also found a way of us getting Pluto with the DCC channel 

• Love 1

Yeah, still no posting for season 15 on iTunes or Amazon, and today is the premiere. Don't shows usually try to pre-sell seasons or at least promote that a new show is coming by posting the upcoming season at least a week or two before the premiere? It's almost like they don't want anyone without a CMT cable package to watch the show. 🙄  For those outside the US trying to get the show, I feel your frustrations! I remember being so upset that I could not access a Canadian show for a year after it aired, and I kept feeling like, Canada is right there, so why can't I get this on iTunes or streaming from the network site? Very frustrating. Fingers crossed y'all find a way.!

Based on this, I'm guessing that this will be another season of very delayed episode uploads. I have preferred iTunes over Amazon over the years for getting episodes of the show, because I found the streaming quality to be poor on Amazon at times, but maybe now it will be decided by who actually makes the episodes available first. Here's hoping those of us without CMT cable get to watch the premiere somehow by Friday!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, KellyKapowski said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJQEyuSa/

Not sure if anyone cares, but Maddie made a TikTok of herself dacing to Billie Eilish's new song. I'm not a huge Maddie fan, but thought someone might want to see this. 

I have no issue with Maddie but watching this its truly mind blowing that she not only made the team & was half point, she just does not have the look... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Season premiere is tonight! Warning for those posting in the episode topic. Anything out of this topic that doesn’t happen is a SPOILER. It is not to be discussed in the episode topics.

Furthermore, this topic is not a substitute for the episode topic, it is a spoiler topic. If you are discussing the episode that aired and there are no spoilers being discussed, talk about it over there, not in here.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I have no issue with Maddie but watching this its truly mind blowing that she not only made the team & was half point, she just does not have the look... 

Maddie looks like a teenage Shirley Temple!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/former-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-judy-trammell-kelli-finglass

Topic headline: Former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Judy Trammell, Kelli Finglass explain why the squad isn't outdated in 2020

Sorry, I have to say it....fox news has now switched to DCC coverage??? 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for sharing, I gotta have a drink before I read it! 🙂 

One thing that just occurred to me watching the latest preview....the rookies were there a whole week before the vets so I wonder how many episodes in  before we see the vets??

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

Sorry, I have to say it....fox news has now switched to DCC coverage??? 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for sharing, I gotta have a drink before I read it! 🙂 

One thing that just occurred to me watching the latest preview....the rookies were there a whole week before the vets so I wonder how many episodes in  before we see the vets??

Should join next week 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I saw it commented on the video but it should be shared here because honestly... The infrequency with which they’re wearing the masks is ridiculous. Either wear it all the time, or have the bubble on such a strong lockdown that you don’t wear them at all. You can’t pick and choose when to not wear a mask (doing hair and makeup in a room full of 20+ people...) or when to wear one (as soon as K & J enter the room???)

This really just cements for me that it’s all for show and I don’t blame Hannah for speaking out about it. How many people from the crew went to their own homes at night or met up with people outside of the DCC TCC bubble? That is breaking the bubble. How no one ended up with a serious case of COVID b/c of this bs astounds me.

Edited by Holly85
Never mind
8 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I saw it commented on the video but it should be shared here because honestly... The infrequency with which they’re wearing the masks is ridiculous. Either wear it all the time, or have the bubble on such a strong lockdown that you don’t wear them at all. You can’t pick and choose when to not wear a mask (doing hair and makeup in a room full of 20+ people...) or when to wear one (as soon as K & J enter the room???)

This really just cements for me that it’s all for show and I don’t blame Hannah for speaking out about it. How many people from the crew went to their own homes at night or met up with people outside of the DCC TCC bubble? That is breaking the bubble. How no one ended up with a serious case of COVID b/c of this bs astounds me.

I completely agree, it honestly doesn't make sense and just further proves it was more about the show than the safety of everyone. Like why have them do little cameo of girls talking and doing touch ups when they're staying in the same hotel they're dancing in plus with no masks??? makes no sense.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, TineforCake23 said:

As a UK fan and one with minimal NFL knowledge 😀, this is a revelation for me. 8 games!!! Show makes some much more sense to be now i.e. why dance does not trump everything else and they're looking for people who bring other things to the mix.....

Plus 2 preseason games they dance at. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I mean, I was already on Hannah’s side anyway and this preview proves it. Wearing masks sporadically is no good for anyone. Like you say, they needed to be in a fully secure bubble with nobody going in or out (from TCC, K+J, CMT crew, catering, cleaners) or video link in. Or they could’ve done what we’ve suggested all along: a vet only squad! No need for any training camp then! 

• Love 19
21 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Gina and Bridget's video has been my fave so far, love it~ I'd hate to have to be Lisa in this video having to dance and keep up with G &B,  smdh ~ and as Kitty says, "don't do shit you can't do!!"   I like the video with Ashlee, Amber and Lexi too ~ like, not love.....but I do really like these vets though, esp Ashlee!! 

• Love 5