Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I definitely think MRS is only famous because of The Bachelor, but she made all the right moves to parlay public sympathy into DWTS, which elevated her profile even more.  But then they try to bury all of The Bachelor nonsense and make it seem like she went straight to DWTS because she was a DCC.  And I think it probably works just fine.  People have very short memories, and if you tell them something is true enough times, they'll believe it.  MRS is either a marketing genius or she had some great people on her team.

I am very curious about the distribution of revenue streams of the DCC, because I think they're having to play to ALL types of people to keep this thing going.  The calendars vs. the average appearance attendee vs the MTT watcher.  You're juggling a product intended for men (tho likely heavily bought by women for men) with a family friendly appearance schedule.  They're lovely ambassadors for the Cowboys, and family friendly at parades, grocery store grand openings, camps, etc.  And then you've got the average Making the Team viewer.  I don't have an active account on Statista, but I would imagine it hits heavy in a 25-55 female demo.  And of course the DCC only exist because of the football team, but truly, the Cowboys only have eight home games.  EIGHT.  Unless you're on show group and/or a lot of other non game performances, you aren't dancing that often.  That's why weaker dancers often get a pass IMO, especially if they're exceptionally beautiful, talented or sparkling in personality.  (Kat is a good example here, maybe even Kristen...I've got nothing for Meredith.)

So the DCC have to have massively broad appeal all put together in a pretty package.  So it makes representation super important, IMO, but you've got to have a mix of looks (sexy, cute, girl next door, barbie, etc.) and a personality to boot.  I doubt they ever struggle to attract talent.  Many great dancers won't want the drama, but there will always be enough that qualify.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

But I just really think that standards are changing (obviously by the looks of this team!!). I think they are trying to appeal to the younger demographic

That would be great if it were applied more evenly.  I'm frustrated that the powers that be at DCC can understand that the younger demographic likes TikTok, but not catch on that younger people (and, obviously, plenty of older people, too!) are also enthusiastic about  women being allowed to have natural hairstyles.  So far, I've seen plenty of tolerance from DCC management for the former, but not enough of the latter.  I can't remember who pointed out that box braids, for example, would allow women to flip their hair in the ways that Kelli and Judy want.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Cure4Anxiety said:

Lest we forget that it's not just about her cringey/silly tiktoks.... it's about the ones where she's chewing tobacco and admitting to drinking underage

What does the social media dude that told the girls ‘Facebook is not your friend’ have to say about tiktok?🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Rather impressed with her control around dancing in such a tight space. She manages to pull of most of the moves and show movement with very little. Interested to see how she progresses 

I think she's one of my faves. She's more technical than I thought she would be. There's actually not a lot I don't like about her! Her turns are seamless, she looks like a well-trained dancer, she's beautiful, she's leggy and blonde (that Kelli usually loves), she speaks clearly, she's not a hot mess. Need I go on?

• Love 11
On 11/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, lexie3248 said:

Yes and like someone stated it seems like she's using DCC to get more social media famous. I've viewed her tik toks and the trends she does for tik tok just seem forced compared to others on the app. Not saying that's a reason to not be a DCC but if they're hold to a higher standard from what we've witnessed on the show then that's how I'm seeing it. 

Yes, I agree it is fair to say being on Tiki Tok isn't a reason to NOT be a DCC.  

Edited by parrotfeathers

Started with quite a bit of power, then went adult entertainer (not in a good way), then high school cheer and back to power.

So a bit of a mess but potential there, and certainly more that what some other videos have shown.

Edited by Jesiklyn
Typo
  • Love 4

The problem with the internet is that posted stuff is going to ‘live’ for ever. Even a short lived video, post or picture may be screen-shot, reposted, retweeted or whatever within seconds and once that happens, you’re out of control. The consequences may not affect you until years from now.

When I look at Marissa’s post I see an accident waiting to happen as there is a thin line between silly and flat-out stupid. A DDC is a public person, in the spotlights and therefore vulnerable. So for the sake of those girls,I hope there is a smart social media person monitoring and coaching... (

• Love 8
On 11/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, MelissaB326 said:

Okay, I know this because I am a big Melissa W. fan - I think she is an amazing dancer and as someone with two engineering degrees, I know just how hard she much have been working while doing school and DCC. When they introduce her in her first season, she says she just finished her junior year at SMU so she spent her senior year there while also being a DCC, which had to take real dedication. She mentions finishing up in December, so I think she went an extra semester which makes sense since she also had a dance minor and probably took a slightly lighter course load while being a DCC. 

This article I found about her gave some info about her degree/work and DCC:

http://stem-works.com/subjects/17-medical-innovations/cool_jobs/390

I absolutely love Melissa ~ an exquisite dancer and rockstar DCC ......and then to achieve all she did with her engineering degrees all the while being a DCC ~ what an inspiration for young women! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 11/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Wow, I am so impressed with someone who can hold down a demanding degree program and do something like DCC, which is basically a full-time job.  I was so lazy in college compared to some of these girls!  

I was in college in the 80s at the height of flamboyance, partying, happy hour (literally bringing you two-for-one or even three-for-one drinks all at the same time) in Dallas, TX.  Literally partying my ass off then trying to cram for a test at 3-4 am the rest of the night (unsuccessfully, lol).   I remember going home one weekend and my mother telling me that I'm going to have to lay off the pizza while studying.....lol. Sure mom, that's what my gut and my ass is full of ~ the "pizza" !!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Started with quite a bit of power, then went adult entertainer (not in a good way), then high school cheer and back to power.

So a bit of a mess but potential there, and certainly more that what some other videos have shown.

It was definitely a mix of styles in there, maybe trying to cram too much into a small clip. It sounds daft but I really want to see her feet. On both of her high kicks, you couldn’t see them. Looking at her ankles, she seemed a little floppy so she might not extend through to her toes. It could be a Pom thing, Daphne didn’t point her feet during kicks at semis and Judy picked up on it.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think she's one of my faves. She's more technical than I thought she would be. There's actually not a lot I don't like about her! Her turns are seamless, she looks like a well-trained dancer, she's beautiful, she's leggy and blonde (that Kelli usually loves), she speaks clearly, she's not a hot mess. Need I go on?

So did she make it?  It seems like leggy blondes are limited to a few to make the legacy stand out.  Wouldn’t want her to get lost in a sea of leggy blonde superstars?

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Kelly --- " I'm not going to say there was "drama" but there is a lot of emotion.... there is pressure, there is stress... there were tears that were real, there are meltdowns....it was very dramatic." Thought you weren't going use the word drama?

Let's be real Kelly. You manufactured the drama so you could sell this show.

It is really a time for the show to be exposed. The clear manipulation of situations for ratings is so blatantly obvious. I would much prefer a simple insiders look at the audition and training process. I don't want to see a highly edited, highly produced, manufactured and manipulated account.  They are using young girls and their dreams in this way--- in the middle of a pandemic - merely to sell a show. #teamhannah

The beginning of the end of the term ‘World Class’ started when TPTB signed on to a “reality series”. They’re using women, their talent and emotions to garner ratings and it seems a bit out of control lately. I don’t understand why they can’t understand the reason the show became popular was because it was so entertaining to see what these women went through to make the team. The process in itself is entertaining. Manufactured drama is not needed. I’d rather see full episodes of the complete solos than much of the nonsense they show. And I’m sorry, but I’m not a fan of holding a training camp during a pandemic for ratings. Should have just gone with last years squad and be done with it. Thanks for listening😂

• Love 20

Row 1: Tess, Lexie, Ashlee, Gina 
R2: Cianna, Caroline, Madi, Rachel W, Savannah, Daphne, Amber
R3: Kat, Erin, other madi, Brianna, Rachel A, Amanda, Taylor, VK
R4: Kristen, Kelsey, Dani, Alanna, jayln, Chandi, and Lisa
R5: Alora, Armani, Marissa, Jada
R6: Sydney, Jessica, Claire, Darian, Elli, McKenzie

9047B078-D00B-4D6E-9B4C-7C321AAADEF0.jpeg

• Useful 12
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Thanks @Holly85! Marissa needs a box😂. Jk  Wasn’t this photoshopped together? Doesn’t look too bad. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I feel like the Marissa discussion came out of nowhere. lol I must have missed a few pages prior.

Have you ever felt like you agree with both sides?

On one hand, I watched the tiktok videos and didn't see what the problem was. Are they funny? No. Are they cringy? Yeah. But they are definitely a 'scandal' waiting to happen. You can tell she's a few videos away from posting something that's going to offend the wrong people and bring not so good attention to the DCC.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Thanks @Holly85! Marissa needs a box😂. Jk  Wasn’t this photoshopped together? Doesn’t look too bad. 

Right? Lol if they could make Taylor and Briana the same height they could have boosted Marissa a little bit. Honestly I think photoshopping it together looks better than some years group photos because it is more uniform.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Anyone get the feeling that Alanna, Jalyn and Rachel A aren’t well liked by K+J? Alanna is stuck in the second row, Jalyn in the 3rd and Rachel (a 4th year) is standing when she should be on the floor. It used to be about seniority! 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Anyone get the feeling that Alanna, Jalyn and Rachel A aren’t well liked by K+J? Alanna is stuck in the second row, Jalyn in the 3rd and Rachel (a 4th year) is standing when she should be on the floor. It used to be about seniority! 

To me, I’ve always felt the two middle spots the one in the back and in the very front have always been great spots to be in. Alanna was the first one I noticed in this picture. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

To me, I’ve always felt the two middle spots the one in the back and in the very front have always been great spots to be in. Alanna was the first one I noticed in this picture. 

Yeah, my first thought was wow Alanna is way back there, but then realized my eyes went to her first!  And they are really playing up the kid aspect, Marissa looks so short compared to the rest! lol 

If this was photoshopped together, it looks really good, but I would think it would be easier to drag their pics up & down in that back section because we can't even see their feet.  

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Disneydiva628 said:

Marissa I bet auditioned for AUDC and didn’t make it 

I wondered that...if she just went to a workshop or something of if she actually tried out for the team/show (dance moms or AUDC). Dance Moms is my other guilty pleasure (alright, I'll be honest cause I trust y'all, some real housewives too...OC, ATL, NY,& BH) anyways, I was thinking about that when we were discussing DCC aiming for a younger talent base, they should try to recruit some of the Dance Mom girls. They have a pretty strong fanbase and they won't have to spend so much time telling us how trained/untrained someone might be bc we saw their training lol  

I remember as well, seeing one of the girls from Bring It (damnit add that one to the guilty pleasures) wanted to be a DCC, but I don't know if she ever tried out.   Although the majorette style is different, them preparing for battles is probably a good prep for training camp.  There have been quite of few really good dancers that are also WOC that could potentially be very good DCCs. 

They should really let us help them out with recruiting 😆

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

It’s an HR disgrace, that what it is. Completely arbitrary nonsense.

Kelli has zero introspection and is an emotional m*****. Kelli does not treat others as she would like to be treated. I like her color blocking but what an Pharisee!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I wondered that...if she just went to a workshop or something of if she actually tried out for the team/show (dance moms or AUDC). Dance Moms is my other guilty pleasure (alright, I'll be honest cause I trust y'all, some real housewives too...OC, ATL, NY,& BH) anyways, I was thinking about that when we were discussing DCC aiming for a younger talent base, they should try to recruit some of the Dance Mom girls. They have a pretty strong fanbase and they won't have to spend so much time telling us how trained/untrained someone might be bc we saw their training lol  

I remember as well, seeing one of the girls from Bring It (damnit add that one to the guilty pleasures) wanted to be a DCC, but I don't know if she ever tried out.   Although the majorette style is different, them preparing for battles is probably a good prep for training camp.  There have been quite of few really good dancers that are also WOC that could potentially be very good DCCs. 

They should really let us help them out with recruiting 😆

Kalani would fit right in with Rachel W, they have similar political views 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Right? Lol if they could make Taylor and Briana the same height they could have boosted Marissa a little bit. Honestly I think photoshopping it together looks better than some years group photos because it is more uniform.

And there are no long blue arms.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Just in case anyone else prefers to see it written out 🙂 (Rookies aren't included because I'm staying relatively unspoiled this season)

FORMATION #1                                                                     

Maddie

Lexie           Gina

Caroline     Rachel W      Tess

Daphne        Amber         Ashlee       Amanda

Savannah         Jalyn            Erin           Cianna       Rachel A

Briana          Madeline M     Victoria       Taylor J       Chandi         Kelcey

Lisa                                     Kat                                Kristin

FORMATION #2

Rachel W

Caroline          Tess

Lexie        Maddie          Ashlee

Daphne       Amber             Gina        Amanda

Savannah         Jalyn           Erin             Cianna       Rachel A

Briana      Madeline M      Victoria         Taylor J      Chandi          Kelcey

Lisa                                     Kat                                 Kristin                                  

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

Just in case anyone else prefers to see it written out 🙂 (Rookies aren't included because I'm staying relatively unspoiled this season)

FORMATION #1                                                                     

Maddie

Lexie           Gina

Caroline     Rachel W      Tess

Daphne        Amber         Ashlee       Amanda

Savannah         Jalyn            Erin           Cianna       Rachel A

Briana          Madeline M     Victoria       Taylor J       Chandi         Kelcey

Lisa                                     Kat                                Kristin

FORMATION #2

Rachel W

Caroline          Tess

Lexie        Maddie          Ashlee

Daphne       Amber             Gina        Amanda

Savannah          Jalyn           Erin            Cianna       Rachel A

Briana        Madeline M     Victoria         Taylor J      Chandi          Kelcey

Lisa                                     Kat                                Kristin                                 

The charts have the rookies on there !!! 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Kalani would fit right in with Rachel W, they have similar political views 🤷🏻‍♀️

yikes, didn't realize that 😒  I respect everyone has their opinion, beliefs, whatever, but honestly somethings I will NEVER understand...Rachel would be the perfect DCC to me if it wasn't for that.  Does she still post things like that?  

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

If anyone is interested heres the group photo with years:

7F7BE750-79EE-4382-BE1E-2577559F551C.png.a8319500e9837b7710c675c5589500b6.png

Marissa is just cracking me up😂. She looks miniature! They shud have swapped her with Mackenzie on the end so her height wudnt b so noticeable🤔. On the other end they shud have lowered Sydney a bit, she appears to tower over that side and u can see too much leg. Other than that, Its a nice grouping. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Marissa is just cracking me up😂. She looks miniature! They shud have swapped her with Mackenzie on the end so her height wudnt b so noticeable🤔. On the other end they shud have lowered Sydney a bit, she appears to tower over that side and u can see too much leg. Other than that, Its a nice grouping. 

I wonder if it has some to do with the angle the pic of the team pic was taken?   

• Useful 2

On a scale of 0(local pole dancer)to 10(SYTYCD champion), I think ALDC dancers are much closer to the top than DCC are as far as dance goes.  I see more focus on uniform fit than proper technique. The only serious skill required is flexibility for a high kick. Oh and how well you can shake your uh, poms🤪  More power to these girls as they pursue their dreams of fame.  But clearly the dream is to be famous, not a famous dancer. Any path will do. Beauty queen, TIKTOK influencer or reality show contestant.....roll those dice girl! 

• Love 11

Does anyone have a great clip of Rachel W dancing in formation? Obviously she's the golden child - gorgeous and a gifted dancer. I am personally not a fan of her monochromatic look but I'd still give my left arm to be as pretty. I've seen closeups of her beautiful lyrical pieces but I'm interested to see her facials and power up close. I know she's highly photogenic but I also seem to remember a more vacant look to her. Does she express better at the point?  

• Love 7

I can't wait to see the new show, even though we already know who made the team. I am watching the Marathon of S14 and it still pains me to watch Meredith and see all the chances she was given. And since I don't see her on the poster, does anyone know if she didn't try out again or if she was cut? Same with Christina. Thanks. I know that many of you follow this much closer than I do, so you know all the scoop! This show remains a guilty pleasure to the point that I had to add a package to my cable programming JUST to get CMT.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Kendall alongside her unfortunately 😬

That would be a story plot I wouldn’t mind following though, bring in Jill and Kira for a little pizazz “why isn’t my little Kendall in the front!”

• LOL 2
20 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I can't wait to see the new show, even though we already know who made the team. I am watching the Marathon of S14 and it still pains me to watch Meredith and see all the chances she was given. And since I don't see her on the poster, does anyone know if she didn't try out again or if she was cut? Same with Christina. Thanks. I know that many of you follow this much closer than I do, so you know all the scoop! This show remains a guilty pleasure to the point that I had to add a package to my cable programming JUST to get CMT.

Christina retired, along with Amy, Heather, Alexis, Miranda, Molly, Bridget, and Taylor P. Meredith was cut partway through the bubble training camp. Lily, Brennan, and Hannah were all cut the last night of TC.

• Love 1