ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Jada, Darian, Armani, Dani, and Elli are my top 5 🙂

Jada, Dani, Darian, Elli, & Jessica for me. Our lists are almost identical! Lol

I’d also throw in Claire W just because she’s pretty lol

• Love 3
14 hours ago, TwopLurker said:

Man, Brennan was such a coup for the organization, especially in a year where, let's face it, there will be little to no dancing.

The optics of cutting a teammate who actually caught Covid are mind boggling. It would have given the organization the perfect opportunity to say that the team has been personally affected by Covid and knows how harmful it can be, even to someone young and in shape. 

I agree.  After the shock of Hannah and Brennan, I thought too how this would have been a great opportunity for DCC to make a statement, kept Brennan and make her s spokesperson for COVID and how to still be able to work hard.  Wow, they totally missed the point there.  I hope it's not true, but if they give the excuse because of stamina based on COVID, K/J/C are truly heartless.    

I have been a long time viewer, way back to the specials and season 1 when I watched with my young daughter at the time.  She has long since gone off to college and lives on her own, but I was still there on Thursday nights at 10:00 watching the show.  Until Season 12 and the whole Victoira is awesome, but in reality I'm looking at the screen and i'm like, WHAT!??!  She's overweight, falls out of turns, and lifts here head too early and tosses it around too much (my interpretation, I'm not experienced in dance).  I'm still not over Tara being cut either!!!  At least Kitty is no longer on the show, grandma of TOXICITY!

After that, my cable decided to consider CMT premium and I cut ties with DCC.  It wasn't worth paying a premium for, the show is a joke now.  Take me back to the days when Kelly is looking for "world class".  I'm out, but will continue to follow along here.  

I'm actually glad I don't "have" to watch this season.  I still haven't seen last season and "watched" through posts here but after watching Tara get cut I cannot watch the episode of Brennan and Hannah being cut.  HEADS UP TO TPTB!!  That is not good TV.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Wowza Bri's stories are holding no punches today...

I think she is also with brennan or maybe Alanna cause you can see someones leg in the first pic (haven't included)

Screenshot_20200820-165614_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200820-165608_Instagram.jpg

I know we all think that everything message is a message to DCC, but there’s also a presidential election happening. She has always been vocal about that as well as other social issues. Wouldn’t read too much into it.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

I know we all think that everything message is a message to DCC, but there’s also a presidential election happening. She has always been vocal about that as well as other social issues. Wouldn’t read too much into it.

Do you know what rookies Made the team 

1 minute ago, forumborum said:

We can make still make to happen.  BOYCOTT 

And we can call them out on all their social media pages.  The problem is that casual viewers don't know about all the shenanigans we know about but they probably do check out the social media pages.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

What has Hannah said politically? 

I've noticed Maddie has been very much liking things that would go against the usual "DCC hive mind" way of thinking regarding political party and the president. I wonder if maybe she gets pardoned because she's favored.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I hope the Jones family loses all their money and the team is bought by a Parisian equity firm who fires the cheerleaders and replaces them with Mimes.  

OMG this made me snort-laugh 🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

I have not watched season 14 in full as it's a nightmare to watch in the UK, you have to do it via dodgy websites most of the time.

This has been the last straw for me. I'll hang around these forums to react with you all, but the show, nope. Not worth the effort.

Brennan and Hannah were both in my top 5. I'm disgusted they got rid of both of them if neither of them broke the rules.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, we know Kelli (and to a degree Judy) has absolutely NO sympathy for girls who get sick and don't perform up to veteran status.  After all, she dragged Melissa Rycroft through the mud for having Mono, but Cassie got sympathy for needing an inhaler.  I guess Brennan wasn't a Kelli favorite because she'll do everything she can to keep those girls around no matter what happens to them.

I just saw that episode the other day.  The thing that really blew my mind was the fact she had to borrow someone else's inhaler.  If she has asthma, why didn't she have her own?

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Wowza Bri's stories are holding no punches today...

I think she is also with brennan or maybe Alanna cause you can see someones leg in the first pic (haven't included)

Screenshot_20200820-165614_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200820-165608_Instagram.jpg

She's right though, TPTB are extremely vicious and cruel in using these girls as red meat for a tv show.

I'm presuming that's what she's referring to, as no one has said a SINGLE pejorative statement about her anywhere that I've ever read.

ETA: I just saw Lemonbus's comment that Bri does post things about equality and social activism so I'll take that for what it is. Either way, I fully support her on either of these rationales for said story on insta! 

Edited by SamShmam
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

If she wasn't 100%, why not give her time to heal? The need for a game ready team doesn't seem that pressing with all the Covid restrictions. 

If these women have proven they are good cheerleaders, why can't they be on the squad strictly for appearances? If Brennan's COVID was affecting her dancing, couldn't she be limited to appearances for awhile? It blew my mind when they came within an eyelash of cutting Danielle because of her injury.  They've had squads of different sizes before.  I don't understand why you can't have a squad of 37 if one of the girls is injured.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BullInChina said:

I dunno, the dress is weird but I kind of love it. It makes Brennan look like a Bond Girl. Can't you just see her suddenly turning and firing a poison dart into somebody?

I have a few nominees

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

I'm not seeing the disdain for Brennan's dress. If I looked like that in a bodycon white dress, I'd be walking around in white like a thot every GOT damn day. Not that Brennan looks thottish, but I'd have to give it my own special ratchet flare.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

They say that when someone shows you who they are, you should believe them, right?  Well then none of us should be surprised as to what’s going on with the current squad selection because over the last several years, the TPTB have shown us EXACTLY who they are:  small, catty, privileged individuals who make decisions based on power, greed, and favoritism over talent, hard work, and integrity.  You can’t put more emphasis on the ratings of a B-rate reality show than the quality of your squad without having its long term viability suffer; while you may bolster your own ego or bottom line in the short term, you ultimately prove that the DCC has become silly and obsolete.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Another missed opportunity by KCJ to show how Brennan persevered through two bouts of COVID & overcame it. They truly live in a bubble of their own to not realize what kind of publicity they could've garnered with that story. Not that Brennan should've been exploited but what a great story given how many people have died from it. Think of how many people suffering with it and from it would've been inspired to keep going from her story. Rather then resting on their 15 stars perhaps they should invest in a proper marketing dept... 

• Love 18

11 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

💓

image2 (16).jpeg

Soo I’m calling if now, Alanna will be the vet sacrificial lamb next season...

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Tess wouldn't have rocked the boat in any situation.  She has no backbone.   Kash...may be employed by DCC now BUT I have no doubt, if she has something to say....she will say it in her own way.  I also don't think she'd hesitate to walk if they treated her badly.

Yes, exactly. Kashara was the only one to point out VK’s uhm flaws and did so in a great way -no one could argue with what she said, we all knew what she really meant but Kelli couldn’t call her out on the way it was delivered. And she got a job offer after that so... 

56 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

I agree.  After the shock of Hannah and Brennan, I thought too how this would have been a great opportunity for DCC to make a statement, kept Brennan and make her s spokesperson for COVID and how to still be able to work hard.  Wow, they totally missed the point there.  I hope it's not true, but if they give the excuse because of stamina based on COVID, K/J/C are truly heartless.    

Soo now that I’m thinking about it, I doubt they’re going to talk about her getting Covid. They are stupid but not THAT stupid. I think Brennan is expecting that too and that’s why she posted about the real reason she was cut. They’re just gonna say oops Brennan is low on stamina this season, so sad that we have to cut a beloved vet! No mention of WHY she’s struggling and how amazing she is for dancing her ass off after fighting twice an illness that has claimed so many lives...

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Have all the DCCs that Brennan worked with commented on the cuts?

And I wonder if Judy agreed with her or tried to fight with her.  Or Kitty.

We need a list.

It does raise the question of who provided feedback during this condensed training camp.  We’ve learned previously that K&J see the TCC on filming days only and they carry a pile of notes.  Was it TCC Kailli? who said they didn’t even seem to come out of their office except when cameras were ready to roll.  It does make me wonder about all of the minions watching the candidates and reporting back.  A TCC could piss off one of them and then a lot of negativity could show up on said reports.  All it takes is the “clicks” not liking someone and ....boom...your out.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Soo I’m calling if now, Alanna will be the vet sacrificial lamb next season...

Yes, exactly. Kashara was the only one to point out VK’s uhm flaws and did so in a great way -no one could argue with what she said, we all knew what she really meant but Kelli couldn’t call her out on the way it was delivered. And she got a job offer after that so... 

Soo now that I’m thinking about it, I doubt they’re going to talk about her getting Covid. They are stupid but not THAT stupid. I think Brennan is expecting that too and that’s why she posted about the real reason she was cut. They’re just gonna say oops Brennan is low on stamina this season, so sad that we have to cut a beloved vet! No mention of WHY she’s struggling and how amazing she is for dancing her ass off after fighting twice an illness that has claimed so many lives...

This is why I think it is important to post tidbits of the real reason for her cut in the DCC social media pages.  Don't let Brennan become another edited story line for a reality show. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

This is why I think it is important to post tidbits of the real reason for her cut in the DCC social media pages.  Don't let Brennan become another edited story line for a reality show. 

Yes!

Just now, go4luca said:

Anyone BUT Marissa.  I have never disliked a potential DCC so much.

Agreed.  I know they had concerns about her face and whether she was "HD ready."

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes!

Agreed.  I know they had concerns about her face and whether she was "HD ready."

😂 “HD READY” if that’s the case, they better take a 2nd look at Claire D (who looks a bit aged. U can almost see crows feet in her picture) and Sydney (who looks so masculine in the face it pains me. And my goodness her forehead is Colossal. Makes her wigs sit all funky). This forum is pure comedy 😂

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Kelli is 100% getting the mercy killing cut. Like SHE saved Brennan from herself. Eyeroll.

Eyeroll indeed, I think you are absolutely right.

8 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Here's how Brennan's cut is going to go:

Brennan's edit to viewers will be every single stumble, fatigued forehead wipe, momentary confused or thoughtful expression with an ominous, foreshadowing musical score. Nanosecond clips of her appearing weak, exhausted, pale, lethargic. Brennan is called by whomever the new door lady is into the office on the last night.

Again, I think you are absolutely right.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes!

To me that was a given.  I've never found her pretty.  Her nose looks like a beak.  But we've also been told there have been "character concerns" about Marissa by her own rookie class.  If true, that is never a good sign.  Or the best starting point in a group of 36 women who need to work as a team. 

I'm fully expecting the helicopter parents and friends to come on forums and FB groups trying to spin this another way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Anyone BUT Marissa.  I have never disliked a potential DCC so much.

same for some reason she bugs me i think it started with the first pic of her going to training camp wearing cowboy boots, i mean so cliche... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

To me that was a given.  I've never found her pretty.  Her nose looks like a beak.  But we've also been told there have been "character concerns" about Marissa by her own rookie class.  If true, that is never a good sign.  Or the best starting point in a group of 36 women who need to work as a team. 

I'm fully expecting the helicopter parents and friends to come on forums and FB groups trying to spin this another way.

I agree.  She has a cute figure, but her face just isn't pretty at all from several angles. And, yeah, the campaign her parents waged online was downright gross.  But apparently, "character concerns" are now a plus when it comes to getting on the team.  Both VK and Lisa had massive character related issues and they're still on the team while beloved Vets get the ax.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, TB12 said:

same for some reason she bugs me i think it started with the first pic of her going to training camp wearing cowboy boots, i mean so cliche... 

Oh man, I forgot about that.  Or better, tried to burn the memory out of my brain.  Talk about trying too hard. 

Marissa already sounds like she could be toxic.  Not a good look or start.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yes, their friends have been full force on that Support train. It’s not hard to click on someone’s name and see they are all from North Carolina. 

• Love 3

I've replied to a few posts, but haven't really given my own thoughts, so here goes.  

I am a little stunned, but I am waiting to see how things go down on the show before I get too outraged.  I understand that what we see on the show will likely be a skewed version of the truth, but I still want to see even a semblance of what went down.  The Brennan cut being related to COVID that has been theorized sounds very, very plausible.  If true, it's disgusting.  Keep her on the team for her leadership and appearances, even if it means keeping 37.

There has to have been something with Hannah that will come out of left field.  On paper, nothing makes sense about her cut.

Lily was near the bottom last year, so it's not unprecedented for a vet in that spot to get cut the next year.  I hate to see any vet go though.

Meredith was in a tough spot because she is too stunning to blend, so if her memory and power didn't improve from what we saw in TC last year, she was going to stick out like a sore thumb. 

I loved Kat's personality last year, but that same sass I love is also something that could get her intro trouble if she steps over the line even a tiny bit.  If she was having relations with a player, but was kept, then they need to re-evaluate the rule.  Unenforced rules undermine leadership.  If people discover they can ignore one rule, they will ignore them all.  Either strictly enforce it or remove it.  I agree it's unfair that it's a one-way rule with the burden placed on the women, but that's the difference between having a players union.  Same thing with the injuries that was discussed further up the thread.  NFL teams are prohibited from cutting injured or COVID infected players without first reaching an injury settlement with them.  DCCs obviously don't have that luxury.  The Cowboys and the DCC aren't that different in the fact that they are bringing in new talent every year in the hopes that some of the new athletes can replace some of the bottom end vets.  It's cold-blooded, but reality.  The difference is NFL players have 6/7/8/9 figure contracts, so you would think DCC leadership could be a little less ruthless to someone who has already given you so much for a few thousand dollars.

From an organizational standpoint, I'm surprised they had veteran TC vs. keeping last year's squad with retirement replacements, especially since everyone knew cheerleaders wouldn't be on the field.  If the millionaires and billionaires who own the teams were willing to give up massive amounts of money by prohibiting fans from attending, there was no way they were going to allow cheerleaders onto the field.  From a reality show standpoint, I'm surprised they even shortened TC.  It's pretty sad the dichotomy is that strong.  

With regards to VK's possible involvement in the cuts, I am open to the possibility that she had some involvement, but right now it seems unsubstantiated.  She deserves to be criticized for all the ridiculous things that she's done (a lot of them on camera!), but I do wish the vitriol with with which she is criticized would soften a bit.  It just adds fuel to the fire.  She is brutal enough the way it is.  This show has a pretty small active fandom.  Leadership paints her out to be a victim because of the criticism she's received, and that is the overwhelming perception that I've witnessed in other places.  Napolean had a fantastic quote: “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”  Lord knows VK has made plenty of mistakes the past 2 years.  

• Love 23
3 hours ago, madmax84 said:

I've noticed Maddie has been very much liking things that would go against the usual "DCC hive mind" way of thinking regarding political party and the president. I wonder if maybe she gets pardoned because she's favored.

I noticed that too. Earlier this summer during the height of BLM demonstrations, she posted some personal reflections to her Instagram stories that were very much in solidarity with the movement.

I’m hoping (and this may be too generous) that TPTB’s feelings on team members expressing their opinions on social issues have evolved and that it is ridiculous to think you can separate the personal and political in this day and age. 

Jerry Jones and the organization continue to have a woefully inadequate public stance so the least they can do is allow DCCs the ability to express themselves without fear of retribution. 

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 14
On 8/18/2020 at 8:37 AM, jlc said:

It is one of the rules of the team. Do not fraternize with the players. It is a rule! Is it a dumb rule, maybe to some, maybe not to others. It doesn't  matter. It is a rule, it is in their contracts, they are not allowed to fraternize with players. It could not be easier to understand. Do not fraternize with players. If the girls want to hook up with players, whether they be a star or a practice team member, they have to be released. Don't try out for the team if you don't  want to follow ALL the rules. Try out for a different team that doesn't care who you date. It is that simple.

Yes! It's amazing to me that Kat, a mediocre dancer at best by DCC standards, gets a free pass, while Holly P., who IMHO, was one the best dancers DCC has had, is racked over the coals for the same infraction of the rules. Don't get me wrong ~ I like Kat, but rules are rules regardless of how archaic they might be to some. TPTB, IMHO, owe Holly P. a HUGE apology if they let the situation with Kat fly under the radar. Just my 2 cents.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

Yes! It's amazing to me that Kat, a mediocre dancer at best by DCC standards, gets a free pass, while Holly P., who IMHO, was one the best dancers DCC has had, is racked over the coals for the same infraction of the rules. Don't get me wrong ~ I like Kat, but rules are rules regardless of how archaic they might be to some. TPTB, IMHO, owe Holly P. a HUGE apology if they let the situation with Kat fly under the radar. Just my 2 cents.

I don't understand that either -- maybe they think she's litigious and are thus scared of holding her accountable?  But that just means that future girls who are held accountable can sue for differential treatment.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 9