Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Stolen

• Start Topic

After Enoch’s sacrifice propelled them out of the time storm, the team arrives back in 1983 where Nathaniel and Kora are hard at work building an army of hand-selected anarchist Inhumans at Afterlife. When the agents split up to cover more ground, Daisy is tasked with protecting Jiaying and is compelled to confront her mother for the first time since her death; while the others quickly learn they’ll need to face yet another supercharged former enemy in order to stop Malick.

Airdate: July 29, 2020

(edited)

Can we get rid of Nathaniel, and have Young Garrett as the main villain?  He was just so much fun, the actor was clearly loving every minute of it and hamming it up as much as possible.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 6

I'm not sure which character annoyed me the most.  Both were so irredeemably evil and annoying I couldn't figure out which one I wanted to just shut up and die first.  Especially shut up. And stupid Deke was the cherry on top of the desert with his stupid headphones.  Yes, my team and closest friends are involved with a dangerous mission and possible disaster and I'm going to isolate myself with overloud music on my headphones 🙄 . Dumb ass.  Sorry, he didn't used to bother me before that sojourn to the 80's when he felt the need to make himself a crappy pop singer with a crappy, useless team while Mac over indulged his grief.  (that whole episode completely pissed me off, didn't think it was funny, hated his contrived fake team)  Since that episode I haven't had much patience for either Deke or Mac.  Especially since Mac decided he would be the best one to go into Afterlife instead of Yo-yo, someone who can travel instantaneously.  Good plan.  

I'm glad that Daisy and Jaiying got to have a moment (thanks Sousa) but I couldn't help yelling when they let themselves be distracted by super douche head there.  I did keep waiting for Jaiying to suddenly come back to life ala the Highlander. 

I can not believe that next week is the final episode!  it can't be, we need at least a couple more!

• Love 3

So, Nathanial first recruited Daisy's formerly dead sister into his schemes and the next on the list is.... a young John Garrett.  They really are bringing back all of the greatest hits.  I so want them to find a way to bring back Aida into the fold!  But as soon as I saw the name "James Paxton" in the credits, I wonder if he was related to Bill (RIP) and, sure enough, he's his son.  He's certainly inherited his father's voice and shit-eating grin, whenever being smug is required!

I love that Sousa was basically like "Why the fuck are y'all even trying to protect the timeline, anymore?  At this point, we've boned it so bad that even Barry Allen and the Legends of Tomorrow gang probably think we're reckless!"  Because, seriously: at the rate their going, they're going undue everything that happened after Endgame...

The Afterlife gang certainly suffered the most, with Gordon dead, Li dead (kind of a waste of Byron Mann, sadly), and even Jiaying, which I guess wipes Daisy out of the timeline (or does it?  I don't know at this point!)  At least they did find a way to have her exchange dialogue with Sousa, so I was able to get my mini-Dollhouse reunion after-all with Enver Gjokaj and Dichen Lachman together again!  But, hey, at least they captured Kora.  Yay?

Dammit, Melinda!  Daisy probably was going to quake the shit out of Nathanial, until you showed up!  And you picked the worst time to be a poor shot as well!  Get it together!

It turns out that Simmons was actually Nathanial's target this entire time, because he wants to use her to find Fitz, since he (rightfully) believes he's the reason his plans never fully work out.  But unbeknown to him, Deke's along for the ride, since he was working on the time-drive and decided to use noise canceling headphones to listen to his sweet, sweet tunes.  Will Deke surprise everyone once again by saving the day?!

Two weeks left!   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I can imagine the last minutes of the finale, which would wrap the series up. Fade to black. Message in white: "PS: Steve Rodgers wound up fixing everything those idiots screwed up with time. You want to know how he was an old man at the end of Endgame? Because he needed thirty additional years untangling all of the knots caused by SHIELD."

Geez, Garrett, you couldn't slick that hair back any further? Also, anyone else thinking Sybil is basically manipulating things for the "lulz," creating as much havoc as possible? Because recruiting future enemies of SHIELD, showing them their ends, then basically cutting-and-grafting Inhuman powers onto them is pretty fucked up. I think if the finale comes down to one-on-one fights, Garrett will be paired off with Deke. Both of 'em are just annoying at best, obnoxious at worse. And Garrett got off watching Coulson's many, many deaths. His favorite was Loki skewering Coulson. Rat bastard.

PS: I know that time travel stuff here has plenty of wiggle room, and that it won't affect the bigger picture. I'm just saying that these guys are making the Legends look tame.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

So now we know why Malick dresses as he does with the flowing jacket.  For the quick quakefight showdown in the Lighthouse aisle way versus Daisy

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I can not believe that next week is the final episode!  it can't be, we need at least a couple more!

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

No, the penultimate.

3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Two weeks left!   

I thought there were 13 episodes this season. Is it only 12 instead?

Edited by Llywela

Okay, this is not a ripple anymore. Beforehand I could see how you can get everything back on track, but with the involvement of young Garret that notion went right out of the window. So...what now?

Not that I didn't enjoy his shit-eating grin. Really seems to be hereditary. It was really confusing though to have him saying the "best day ever" line. That kind of threw me off.

Weirdly it really relieved me when Jemma started to talk about the possibility of Fitz being already dead. Because if he were, they would have sprung it on us, so he is most likely still alive...(unless they do a double twist...arrghh….this show....unpredictable till the end).

No idea how the writers intend to solve the whole thing. I am wondering, though...is Jemma remembering the Snap somehow?

• Love 2

Damn it This show gets even more frustrating.

Best scene when Garrett holds up the Deke Squad tshirt and comments how he saw them open for Twisted Sister.

Gordon dying, the machine to drain the inhumans of their power, Simmon's kidnapping all sucked.

Hoping Fitz is back for the 2 part finale.  I want to know why Simmons was crying.

Hopefully it doesn't end with the snap.

• Love 2

At this point, the timeline is so truly deeply fucked that they might as well give the "strangle baby Thanos" plan from Endgame a shot. Why not at this point?! We arent even talking about relatively small things anymore or things that could be dealt with pretty easily, with Jiaying dead, does Daisy no longer exist in this timeline? Are we staying with the characters who are still from one timeline, but leaving a whole stream of alternate timelines in their wake, including one where Daisy never existed? When they finally get back to the future/present, I have no clue what the heck they're going to find!

Nice new evil outfit, Cora. You know when the guys your working with are not only sucking the life out of everyone you have ever know, but is giving superpowers to mercenaries and future terrorists while cackling evilly, I think its possible that they might be the bad guys. Dont let the lack of skulls on their uniforms hide their obvious villainy! Of course, its possible she just doesn't care anymore, it should be interesting to see her and Daisy interact. Poor Daisy, spent all that time longing to meet her family, and every relative she meets is a super villain and/or dies.  

Who better to play a young John Garrett than Bill Paxtons son? They really are playing their greatest hits! He did a great job channeling that Paxton energy into young Garrett, he sure did inherit that shit eating smile and manic laughter. Can he be our new bad guy, he is way more fun than Nathaniel and his pretensions of grandeur. Young Garrett being here does, again, add about a billion new questions to this new timeline. If Garrett never joined HYDRA, is this version of Grant Ward just some normal guy who never got recruited to HYDRA? Or are we just creating yet another timeline to go along with the billion other timelines that we have created this season? Like, does Mack have memories now of growing up being raised by his uncle, or is that just the Deke from another timeline? Or is this all in the same timeline but their memories of the new timeline haven't caught up with them again or...

My brain! It hurts! 

Daisy was basically me when we found out about Cora. "What, Daisy/I have a sister? What?!" Dang May, you picked a terrible time to suddenly be a awful shot. At least Daisy got her flirt on with Sousa a bit more, with Simmons even giving her a bit of a "ohhhhhh Daisy has a boooyyyfriend" reaction to them being cute. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Well I guess we’re going with the MCU “time travel doesn’t matter for your original timeline cause whatever you do careens it into a new reality!” .

makes it consistent. Whatever they don’t doesn’t impact the main MCU. Soon as they meddled with time travel they started messing stuff up in this new (apparently accelerated thanks to the chronicom) time travel.

makes me wonder if they’ll actually get back to “their” time line in the end or they just stay in their new reality forever 

3 minutes ago, mikal768 said:

Well I guess we’re going with the MCU “time travel doesn’t matter for your original timeline cause whatever you do careens it into a new reality!” .

makes it consistent. Whatever they don’t doesn’t impact the main MCU. Soon as they meddled with time travel they started messing stuff up in this new (apparently accelerated thanks to the chronicom) time travel.

makes me wonder if they’ll actually get back to “their” time line in the end or they just stay in their new reality forever 

After sort of wasting the natural series  finale with Phil and Melinda going off to Tahiti when Disney said go on make 26 more episodes about the only ending that makes sense to me is a live Phil Coulson being pulled away from the "long haired guy" and the LMD doing what Dr. Radcliffe created them  for.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

My brain! It hurts!

The TNG episode where fully intact Data was able to exist with his own severed head in the same space and time [The severed head was not a replica but his own head from the future] might be the basis for the conclusion. Similarly, LMD Coulson is the critical factor. That is, everything is unfolding as fated for him. Somehow, when he dies again, all the changes will be erased.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, paigow said:

The TNG episode where fully intact Data was able to exist with his own severed head in the same space and time [The severed head was not a replica but his own head from the future] might be the basis for the conclusion. Similarly, LMD Coulson is the critical factor. That is, everything is unfolding as fated for him. Somehow, when he dies again, all the changes will be erased.

Along with Steve Rogers fighting himself in Endgame and Mack watching himself a couple episodes ago  like Derrick Reese did in the Sarah Connor Chronicles

14 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I'm not sure which character annoyed me the most.  Both were so irredeemably evil and annoying I couldn't figure out which one I wanted to just shut up and die first.  Especially shut up. And stupid Deke was the cherry on top of the desert with his stupid headphones.

At first I was thinking where's Deke, like he was obviously missing from the planning scenes and the mission. Did the actor want a day off or something? Then it cut to him perfectly good just listening to his headphones and fixing the drive, but nobody else was concerned about that since they had more important issues and wanted to stay in 1983. I don't get it, he is usually trying to be involved as much as possible lol. Then at the end, I was like "why is he ignoring May?". Thought maybe it'll turn out he wasn't in the lighthouse and was kidnapped too therefore couldn't hear her. Which actually was true to a degree, but he was still in radio range (apparently) so why did he take so long to respond to May?

Anyhow, I was glad that Daisy got some closure with her mother even if she was killed in the next scene. I was (well still am) hoping that John loses his vision as a result of taking Gordan's power. We don't know what made him lose his eyes, it maybe from using his power?

Anyhow, an okay episode, obviously setting up the next few episodes of the season. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Maybe I'm just not understanding but:

In the TNG episode everything happened happened. Data still "loses his head" and they still went back in time. What you (and the characters) don't know from the beginning of the episode is that the rest of Data's body was brought to the future. So they were able to take the "old" head and reattach it to his body. So his head is now like 400 years older then his body.  So it is one timeline and there actions are a continuous loop that always did and will happen. Which is why Gudian and Picard's discussion happens at the end of the episode. He remembers meeting her a few years ago when she came on the enterprise, she actually known him for years but couldn't say anything due to time travel. 

AoS has always been using the separate timeline effect, which has been constant. This means that Deke, Daisy and Mack keep there memories of there childhoods and life before they time travelled. The events that are currently happening in the show will not effect their past only their present.  There is then a different version of them that will grow up differently (well in Mack's case). For Daisy (and probably Deke) they are the only versions of themselves as the others will never be born.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 7

Another episode, another death.  Sad.

I kind of wanted to see Coulson break down that door, I feel cheated.

I confess it took me a few minutes to remember who John Garrett was, then the light bulb came on "Oh yeah, that's the guy who saved season one, played by Bill Paxton".

I was also all floored when the promo for next episode said "the last episode before the finale"...I was all "what, weren't there 13 episodes?" I look forward to a proper double parter in best AoS tradition. Though I suspect that it will be more like SOS, one big episode but would make one big movie if you added the episode beforehand into the mix.

I am really nervous about the timeline, but the writers promised that it would make sense in the end, and so far they haven't let us down. With all the time they spend explaining the rules of time travel, I am pretty sure that they will find a solution to right the timeline.

Oh, also glad that Sousa is still around! He isn't listed for the next episodes, I was so afraid that they would kill him off in best "suffer Daisy, suffer" tradition. Kind of glad that it hit her mother instead….. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blueray said:

Anyhow, I was glad that Daisy got some closure with her mother even if she was killed in the next scene. I was (well still am) hoping that John loses his vision as a result of taking Gordan's power. We don't know what made him lose his eyes, it maybe from using his power?

Anyhow, an okay episode, obviously setting up the next few episodes of the season. 

When Inhumans turn they can be a joker or an ace if anyone read any Wildcards books. They can end up like Raina/Flowers or Daisy. On the Inhumans miniseries one turned into a tele portal wall and another a teleporting dog, Lockjaw.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Last episode is actually 12 & 13 back-to-back.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, blueray said:

At first I was thinking where's Deke, like he was obviously missing from the planning scenes and the mission. Did the actor want a day off or something? Then it cut to him perfectly good just listening to his headphones and fixing the drive, but nobody else was concerned about that since they had more important issues and wanted to stay in 1983. I don't get it, he is usually trying to be involved as much as possible lol. Then at the end, I was like "why is he ignoring May?". Thought maybe it'll turn out he wasn't in the lighthouse and was kidnapped too therefore couldn't hear her. Which actually was true to a degree, but he was still in radio range (apparently) so why did he take so long to respond to May?

Deke was trying to repair the time drive while everyone else was off on the mission. Without Fitz or Enoch he is now the closest thing the team has to an engineer and they need that drive to be repaired, so it was the best possible use of his time. There were other agents qualified to go on the away mission but only Deke was qualified to work on the drive.  He couldn't hear May because he had headphones on playing loud music while he worked. And no, he wasn't in the lighthouse, he was on the Zephyr (where the time drive is, that he was working on) when it took off with Simmons, Malick and Garret on board.

29 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Oh, also glad that Sousa is still around! He isn't listed for the next episodes, I was so afraid that they would kill him off in best "suffer Daisy, suffer" tradition. Kind of glad that it hit her mother instead….. 

In interviews, Enver Gjokaj said his part this season was only a cameo - this many episodes is way more than a cameo! But you can't go by the episodes listed on imdb because those are usually just placeholders edited by fans making their best guess until the whole thing has actually aired.

• Love 3

I wish they weren’t still in the 80s but I guess it doesn’t matter from a cultural standpoint because they’re wearing regular clothes and they’re back in the Lighthouse. When Daisy told Sousa they’d spent way too much time at the Lighthouse I felt that. I’m tired of that set location too.

Why did Daisy tell Simmons about her breakdown? She knows Simmons can’t remember anything about the time she spent upgrading the Zephyr with Fitz. Though since Simmons assumes Fitz is dead, I think he’s not. 

Having Sousa come in and give the team an outside perspective this season was a great idea. Of course he’d be willing to acknowledge the timeline is screwed. I loved Sousa nudging Daisy to talk to Jiaying, and then it looked like he disappeared once they started talking. Daisy/Sousa have only been a thing for a few episodes and I like them so much. I was so worried he was going to die now that his feelings for Daisy were official, but  Jiaying’s death was more soul crushing so I can see why they went with that instead. I was looking forward to seeing Quake atomize Nathaniel. I was so disappointed when it didn’t happen.

I watched season two a few weeks ago so I enjoyed watching Daisy get a second chance with Jiaying. Though even if she survived, what were the chances she would meet Cal in this timeline?

• Love 5

James Paxton knocked it out of the park with portraying a younger version of his father's character. The mannerisms, the grin, everything was down to a T.

And sucks about Jaiyang's death in this timeline, but I have to say that the sequence of Daisy quaking the entire base was literally so badass! If you hurt someone's mother, be prepared for a world of hell, which I was so looking forward to see Daisy lay on Nathaniel before May came shooting (the base was shaking, so of course her aim was off). And Nathaniel's appropriately "oh sh*t" face as he started backing away was the cherry on top.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, rmontro said:

Another episode, another death.  Sad.

I kind of wanted to see Coulson break down that door, I feel cheated.

I confess it took me a few minutes to remember who John Garrett was, then the light bulb came on "Oh yeah, that's the guy who saved season one, played by Bill Paxton".

It was until this episode that I realized Malick was played by Powers Booth and Garrett by Bill Paxton. I knew but forgot and thought they were one in the same.

Coulson has to hack the time strand device. Somehow, he will open all the timelines the Chronicoms changed at the same time and by self destructing with a magical temporal device built by Fitz reset the future.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, greekmom said:

Best scene when Garrett holds up the Deke Squad tshirt and comments how he saw them open for Twisted Sister.

I LOLd at that. 

I had no idea young John Garrett was being played by Bill Paxton's son. I just kept thinking, "Wow. This guy had done his research because I can totally see Paxton's Garrett in him!" Well done, young Paxton. Well done. 

I love the family dynamic between Simmons and Deke, that Jemma went to Deke after finding out about her reaction to getting her memories back. And Deke's reaction was great. He loves his Bobo so much. 🙂 I can't help but think that Jemma talked to Deke about it because he would insist that Fitz is still alive and that they could find him. Even if she wasn't sure she believed him, she wanted someone to essentially tell her everything would be okay. I'm glad that Deke is on the Zephyer with her.

• Love 10

So does the Zephyr really not have any kind of security system? What the hell Shield, even cars have keys. 

Also are we sure that Daisy's mom is really dead. I thought she had crazy healing factor powers. If she can get better after vital organs being removed why can't she heal a broken neck?

22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Dammit, Melinda!  Daisy probably was going to quake the shit out of Nathanial, until you showed up!  And you picked the worst time to be a poor shot as well!  Get it together!

Of course she is a terrible shot. I don't remember the last time I saw her try to shoot someone. Maybe if she didn't focus on the crazy martial arts moves so much she might have been able to use the gun better.

22 hours ago, paigow said:

Has Deke seen Air Force One? Cut the fuel line so Garret has to land. 

At this point I am not even sure the Zephyr has fuel lines. If is a time travelling space ship from the future. I don't think it runs on her fuel. Especially since they never have to fill it up.

• Love 1

This one felt like one of those putting-the-pieces-in-place episodes.  I know acting and natural exposition aren't always this show's strong suit, but it showed here.  Still, there were good moments, especially Garrett picking up the Deke Squad t-shirt. And:

Daisy: You really are square, aren't you?
Sousa: Harsh. But ... yes.

I didn't realize it was Bill Paxton's son.  I thought that he had that "Game over, man" energy, and now I know why.

It was nice that Deke's fake 80s agents got a chance at being a real part of SHIELD.

The end bit about Fitz changing the probability in their favor was another echo of Avengers: Endgame and the one winning scenario.  I'm less sure that he's deceased given that Sibyl thinks he's alive, but if he's living I tend to think it's as a bot or program.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I guess I am confused about what Sybil is trying to do. I mean once Nathaniel creates Inhumans, will Sybil allow them to stay on Earth? Does Nathaniel believe that? 

At this point, it seems Sibyl's main goal is to use Nathaniel and his people to do what her Chronicoms were originally attempting to do: wipe out SHIELD. It means relying on humans, who have motivations and goals of their own, but she seems to have become adept at manipulating them by what she shows them in the time streams - hence Nathaniel and Garrett taking Simmons to try to get to Fitz, who isn't even in their timeline and is a threat to Sibyl's plans, not to theirs. That was pure Sibyl manipulation, getting them to do that, making them believe it was in their own best interests.

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also are we sure that Daisy's mom is really dead. I thought she had crazy healing factor powers. If she can get better after vital organs being removed why can't she heal a broken neck?

Of course she is a terrible shot. I don't remember the last time I saw her try to shoot someone. Maybe if she didn't focus on the crazy martial arts moves so much she might have been able to use the gun better.

Once Jiaying is dead, someone has to sacrifice the life force of others to bring her back to life - think back to season 1 and remember that terrible story of how baby Daisy was rescued from an entire village that had been slaughtered. Cal did that, to revive Jiaying after Whitehall killed her, and it took an entire village. I can't see the SHIELD team being willing to massacre a whole bunch of people to get her back here, not even to preserve Daisy's place in the timeline.

May's aim was off because Daisy was quaking the base - we've seen her use a gun before, so we know she is normally an excellent shot, but anyone would struggle to shoot straight with the ground shaking under their feet. She's lucky she didn't get Daisy instead!

• Love 6

Calling it out, for the series finale, somehow, after wrecking time week after week, after everything is fixed...if it is, everything will go back to the beginning. Like Season 1, episode 1, back at the very beginning. Everything will get a reset.

Deke having a fondness for the 80s, maybe he gets stuck there and has a happily ever after.

But for everyone else, a copout returning to the status quo of the beginning of the series, and for characters introduced later like Mac and Yoyo, maybe see what they were up to prior to their official introductions, & Sousa heading back to his time and ultimately experiencing his fate. I don't usually like when time travel ends with a back where they started, but totally not hating it here, 

12 hours ago, bethy said:

I love the family dynamic between Simmons and Deke, that Jemma went to Deke after finding out about her reaction to getting her memories back. And Deke's reaction was great. He loves his Bobo so much. 🙂 I can't help but think that Jemma talked to Deke about it because he would insist that Fitz is still alive and that they could find him. Even if she wasn't sure she believed him, she wanted someone to essentially tell her everything would be okay. I'm glad that Deke is on the Zephyer with her.

I agree and I'm also glad Deke is on the Zephyer with her. I just have a feeling he's not going to make it out of this timeline though :-(

I thought James Paxton sounded like Bill but I didn't think he looked like him, just my opinion.

I could do without this Nathaniel plot being carried all the way through the end. I would've preferred just the team being stuck in the past because of the damage to the time drive and trying to repair it and then trying to reunite with Fitz instead of these people clogging up screen time. 

I wanted to see quake take Nathaniel out!

Does Daisy remember the kiss with Sousa?

I enjoy this show and will miss it. I usually read the comments before I watch but I think I'll go into the last 2 spoiler free.

• Love 3

Seems like there's so much left to fix and so little time left to do it.  Get rid of Nathaniel/Garrett/Kora, get rid of Sybil, fix the timeline, reunite (?) with Fitz.

Sad about Jiaying, I was hoping for a good ending for her and Daisy.  Gordon dying also sucked.  Don't really care one way or another about Jiaying's enforcer.  When we saw Coulson and team with the rescued Inhumans and the captured goons, one of the goons was the one that got the enforcer's power.  We saw him tied up back to back with another goon.  How come he didn't just conjure a blade and cut himself free?

• Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, blackwing said:

How come he didn't just conjure a blade and cut himself free?

Yoyo is watching...by the time a knife materializes, she can grab it or KO him.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1

Like most people, I don't really care about Nathaniel Malick or Kora the retconned younger sister.  Young John Garrett played by Son of Paxton was mostly pretty good to great, so that was cool.  But I'd rather they spend what little time we have left leading us more directly toward the conclusion, rather than mucking things up even more.

Then I thought, maybe that's the whole point.  The timeline is totally borked now.  Daisy's mom is now dead before Daisy is even born (I too thought maybe she'd rise again, Highlander-style, then it became apparent that that wasn't happening).  At the beginning of this season, I thought that the idea was to somehow get back to "the original timeline", but unless they literally hit a Reset button, I have no idea how they could do it now.  So maybe they're intentionally having things go completely nuts, because then (hopefully) the series conclusion will be that much more surprising and satisfying.  I still don't see how they could possibly do it, but again, that might be the idea.  I'm cautiously hoping for a big payoff.  We shall see.

Edited by Orbert
6 hours ago, swanpride said:

I found him pretty perfect in the role. I can imagine a young Garret being that way.

Yes! Not as pretty as his dad was when he was young, but has the same energy. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 1

Since the season ended, I've gone back and re-watched Agent Carter, and after that re-watch, Sousa's comments in this episode and later in the season about wanting to experiment with putting weight on his fancy new prosthetic really land hard. Because through two seasons of Agent Carter we never once see him bearing weight on his clumsy old 1940s prosthetic - he can manage one or two hobbling steps to get to a point of support, and that's all. It's why he always looks lopsided in Agent Carter. The injury is fairly recent and the prosthetic mostly cosmetic - when he walks, all his weight is on the crutch, and when he stands, all his weight is balanced on the good leg. It particularly struck me in the final, climactic scene when he and Peggy have what was no doubt intended at the time to be their happy-ever-after kiss - Sousa is standing by his desk and doesn't have his crutch, and kudos to Enver Gjokaj because you can clearly see in the scene that all his weight is balanced on the good leg, so that when Peggy goes in for the kiss, he straight up falls over backward onto the nearest chair because he wasn't braced and can't compensate. The 1940s prosthetic was not weight-bearing.

Then when our guys meet him in 1955, he's progressed from the crutch to a stick and is walking a lot better, but he's still very reliant on that stick - carrying Daisy away from Malick's lair would have cost huge effort and probably a lot of pain, because he couldn't manage the stick as well and the leg is still not fully weight-bearing under normal circumstances.

And there was a scene in Agent Carter where he admits that he would give almost anything to be able to walk again.

So to be given that fancy modern prosthetic that is fully weight-bearing and allows him to walk normally again? That's huge for Sousa. I mean, I know it was partly an excuse to persuade Daisy to let him be chivalrous and carry her bag, but he says it more than once, and honestly, having gone back and been reminded of what a struggle mobility was for him through the two seasons of Agent Carter - no wonder he was so giddy about wanting to try out the new prosthetic and test the limits of what it allows him to do!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8