Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: It's Not The First Time

• Start Topic

Poor Henry is trying to open up to Christina and she’s all “OMG, my earring!!” 
Olivia’s friend with the short hair was not having it with Brett. I’m pretty pissed they paired her with this goon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I have to admit to feeling a little sorry for Henry and Christina during their first dance. I hate that first dance alone with everyone staring at you thing - so much so that we didn't do it at my wedding. We danced but with everyone else and no call out of "now for their very first dance together as husband and wife!"

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, VanSensei said:

I've been on phone calls with customer service with more chemistry than Henry and Christina. No one, and I mean no one gives a Frenchman's fuck that she forgot her earrings. She can make it about herself because this poodle shit rendezvous is going to last until decision day and literally not a day after that.

This was easy to foretell. I blame so-called experts bc I don’t believe they do the work.  These two are no match.  I feel for Olivia too.  

• Love 8

I’m so conflicted about Amelia.  Bennett is clearly the only guy of all of the grooms who could possibly have been paired with her, but I think she’s going to be a bit too much for him in the end.  He’s no doubt quirky, but he seems like the quiet, thoughtful type.  There’s quirky and then there’s Amelia-level quirky.

(I might have to adjust my opinions based on his speech about his sweaty nether regions.  Lawdamercy.)

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
Just now, Soup333 said:

Please assure me that I’m not the only one who has never seen this egg shit before. 

Thank you.  I think it was just an excuse for Amelia to proudly display her armpit hair to the world.  LOOK AT HOW DIFFERENT AND BRAVE I AM.

• Love 9

Please excuse me if I am clutching my graduated cultured pearls, but god bless, woman.   Shave those damn pits for the wedding.  

I may be completely out of touch, out of sync, or out of my mind....   but merciful Zeus.

I guess her pits and his socks can hang out and create some sort of new life form on the honeymoon.

(sorry if I offend any non-shavers).

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I think I've been to a party like Amelia and Bennett's reception, it was in the 70's.  Someone was playing Jefferson Airplane and I saw something like this....

giphy.gif

You must have drunk the punch...

• LOL 5
10 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I’m so conflicted about Amelia.  Bennett is clearly the only guy of all of the grooms who could possibly have been paired with her, but I think she’s going to be a bit too much for him in the end.  He’s no doubt quirky, but he seems like the quiet, thoughtful type.  There’s quirky and then there’s Amelia-level quirky.

(I might have to adjust my opinions based on his speech about his sweaty nether regions.  Lawdamercy.)

Nah.  She’s a physician. Has to have serious side.  Definitely most nervous day of her life.  Giggly and nerves.  Going to be okay. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Henry acts like he’s at a business meeting and someone just asked him about the fourth quarter projections

I’m dying laughing at this! He does look like he is at work all the time and Q4 projections do seem to be a very appropriate topic. Poor guy!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Henry's Harem needs to sober up and go home. I didn't like any of them, especially the brunette who was super judgey about Christina for having gone on MAFS.

Right - when she said she judged people who did that, I thought “Do you judge Henry?”

I’m very ready to be done with these weddings. 

• Love 12

Hands down, Woody and Amani’s wedding is now my top favorite wedding of the series. I would have gone home buzzed, with a full belly, tired feet and cheeks sore from laughing. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

I’m dying laughing at this! He does look like he is at work all the time and Q4 projections do seem to be a very appropriate topic. Poor guy!

Henry's like the guy in the Philly Cream Cheese commercial showing the budget projections while no one else is interested.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Hands down, Woody and Amani’s wedding is now my top favorite wedding of the series. I would have gone home buzzed, with a full belly, tired feet and cheeks sore from laughing. 

This. And he got nice, friendly in laws.  Liking those dads.  

• Love 19
Just now, Soup333 said:

Henry and Christina ain’t having no sex through this experiment. 

They feel like a prank, like the show just put them together to fuck with the audience.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

No matter my feelings about Brett, I cannot BELEIVE that Jaime showed that clip about Brett's antics at the Bachelor Party to Olivia.  Whatever possessed the show to do that? I'm not blaming Jaime...this was the producers trying to stir up sh*t.  What a crummy thing to do.  Yeah, I know she would have seen it eventually, but it's the kind of thing you just don't do.  It's so smarmy.  Is the show that desperate for ratings?  And then to have two other strangers commenting on it in front of her.....how humiliating for Olivia.

Speaking of Olivia, she looked very subdued on the pre-show tonight.  It could have been nerves, but I'm inclined to think things are already going south with Brett.  Very sad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I really wish Amelia would close her mouth.

After seeing this wedding she will learn to close her mouth.  If not it will take a bee going into her mouth and stinging her.  I've seen it happen.

1 hour ago, Ms.C. said:

She looks like his mother. Should work in her favor.  

I hadn't thought about that.

58 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Karen’s mother is really gorgeous. I love her hair color.

I love everything about Karen's mother's presentation.  Stunning stunning stunning.

36 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Somehow I knew Bennett would love armpit hair.

Didn't need to hear about his sweaty nether regions.

Predicted that.  Perfect match on paper.  Great so far.  Amelia is over the world.  Imagine meeting somebody at a party that you were attracted to and the next thing you know you wake up and you're in the bed next to them and you're married to them!

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I thought it was her too!!! My daughter came in so I missed her name - but she seems drunk. All of them do 

It was really bugging me to figure out how I "knew" her...thanks you two!

• Love 2
(edited)

These women at these weddings. Amelia’s  friends still wearing those veils, Henry’s drunk friends, Olivias’s friends hate Brett.  Move on to the wedding night already! 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 7

Henry and Christina are both drips. They looked like they were on their most awful blind date.

Love Bennett and Amelia; Woody and Amani; Miles (not Karen) I am rooting for them. 

Olivia was given the worst of the worst. She is smiling through it all, saying how excited she is...she is attracted to her husband. Deep down, she may realize she got the short end of the straw.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

After seeing this wedding she will learn to close her mouth.  If not it will take a bee going into her mouth and stinging her.  I've seen it happen.

When you work in a hospital, a bee isn’t even close to the worst thing that can fly into a gaping maw. She’ll learn...

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

It just hit me who Christina looks like, Patty Stanger from The Millionaire Matchmaker. 

She also sort of looked like the person officiating the wedding. 

Why on earth was she matched with Henry?

• Love 10

Just because it can't be said enough: "they should have paired Henry with Olivia".  Christina seems the type who would stand up to Brett and put him in his place.  When one of his friends asked him how he feels about having sex with a stranger, his response was that some of the best sex he had were with strangers.  What a jerk!

My favorite couple is Woody and Amani.  I'm tickle pink that Woody inherited two dads.  Those guys seem solid.  I sincerely hope they make it.  

• Love 16
(edited)

Unfiltered: Olivia, Amani, Miles on the couch. JamieO at her home studio. Her hair is distracting...per usual.

This was filmed 2 weeks after the weddings...so after the honeymoons.

Miles gets to see the behind the closed door meeting of Karen and the producer..of course he feels sorry for her. He isn’t upset she says he isn’t her type. 

Olivia said that if she found out ahead of time Brett’s name, she would have Not walked down the  aisle.

Amani’s voice is better, less helium.

Olivia’s ...”You have a cat?”..needs to be a gif says Miles

Poor Olivia watching Brett being an asshole at the bachelor party...she questions his intentions for being on the show.

Woody had told Amani and Miles told Karen how obnoxious  Brett was at the Bachelor party so the wives could tell Olivia.

She was told Bratt acted badly and she got to see it...warts and all. Remember this was filmed is still early in the marriage.

Pobrecita....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I did love Christina's bridesmaid dresses. They were lovely. 

Yes, they were very pretty and different. Would have been great for a winter wedding, not sure when this wedding was.

But why were Olivia's bridesmaids wearing suits??

2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Just because it can't be said enough: "they should have paired Henry with Olivia".  Christina seems the type who would stand up to Brett and put him in his place.  When one of his friends asked him how he feels about having sex with a stranger, his response was that some of the best sex he had were with strangers.  What a jerk!

No....Christina doesn't need to be foisted off on anyone.  And I think Olivia is perfectly capable of standing up to Brett and putting him in his place.  Also, Henry isn't the biggest prize either.  The guy literally let his "girl friends" interrogate his new wife and he just sat there like a lump.  He seemed uncomfortable but he never stepped in when their fangs were coming out and said "enough...quit harrassing my new bride".  

The sex with strangers thing, I think, was said to his brothers.  You can see Brett has a habit of saying stupid things (wasn't it said by one of his brothers that he has no filter?)...especially when he's with that moronic bunch.  I'm still not ready to give up on Brett (although what do I know...I was still rooting for Jessica/Ryan from Season 2 right up until she filed a restraining order, LOL).  I just think Brett is a dope who thinks he has to act like a stud, but in actuality he's not really a bad guy.  Just needs to be "guided" like we all do with our husbands.

1 minute ago, OnTime said:

None of Brett's three brother's look anything like him or each other.

But they all share the same brain.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

I’m a little behind tonight and haven’t read any comments yet, but I just gotta say, I really wish I hadn’t watched the previews at the end of what’s coming this season. I was feeling really good about most of the couples tonight, and that doesn’t happen much on MAFS. I didn’t even realize how happy I was until the preview dumped a huge bucket of ice water all over my warm fuzzies 😡

Don't worry too much about it - the editors are always big fat liars.  I noticed that at the "halfway" mark Pastor Cal said, "Do you want out of this marriage?" and they showed shots of every single one of them nodding.  I seriously doubt the show just ended halfway through filming because everyone wanted out 😄 

13 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Yes, they were very pretty and different. Would have been great for a winter wedding, not sure when this wedding was.

But why were Olivia's bridesmaids wearing suits??

They look to me like the type of lesbians who refuse to wear dresses.  Which is fine if that's your style regularly, but I think it's rude if you're asked to be a bridesmaid.

• Love 4