Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Sheer Madness

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’ve been watching the whole Downtown Abby series and need a change.

That’s quite the change... Downton Abbey versus Real Housewives of New York 😄

• LOL 7
7 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

That’s quite the change... Downton Abbey versus Real Housewives of New York 😄

Hahaha .. I know.  I’m a Gemini.  We like diversity.  Plus, have two sides to us.  Sane & nuts.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I didn't start watching until a few seasons in, and once I was hooked, I went back and paid for it On Demand to see the entire show, from the first episode.  I even paid to watch "Bethenny gets Married", to understand that whole storyline.

I recommend it!  It's fascinating to watch them from the beginning, and I agree....re-airing from Episode 1 would be a great pandemic booster!

Thanks for reminding me about the Bethenny show.  I never watched that.  I think I can find some stuff online.  I'm really bored.

I was a fan of "Bethenny & Fredrik" also.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yep, I've purchased 2-3 seasons through Amazon until I got DISH a few months ago.

Now I can watch all seasons free through On Demand, but there's a catch...

The "On Demand" programs are aired through my internet provider, which is ViaSat...

And ViaSat has had internet speeds that have rapidly declined since mid March when everyone sheltered at home.  It is SO slow that most of the time I can't even stream Netflix or Hulu, so I've canceled those subscriptions for now.  I suspect it might be the same "buffering" situation with Amazon prime.  

It's so frustrating because I would enjoy watching all of these franchises from their inception through the current seasons, but this draggedy-ass internet speed just doesn't allow for it.  

The least Bravo could do would be run Housewives franchises on the weekends...gawd knows their weekend movie selection has been the same for 10 years and has always sucked.  Make it happen, Andy!  

I've been buying my RH shows from Amazon prime since I cut the cable a few years back -- I'm forced to use Spectrum high speed internet since they have a monopoly in my area and I've literally had zero problems with buffering.

I hope that this isn’t too creepy a question. Maybe less than one minute before Ramona peeled the women off Lu, Leah was p- - -starring above her, with the Sheer Madness dress hiked up. They didn’t pixelate. Was that the sewn-in bodysuit we saw? Were they boy shorts? I couldn’t see a seam/hem. But someone else posted that the bodysuit was riding up enough to expose some of Leah’s bottom.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/24/2020 at 11:09 AM, ChitChat said:

I like Avery.  She does tend to keep it real with her Mom!  I think Ramona has a need for constant validation, so I can overlook her bragging about how many friends she has!  

For some reason, now that Avery is on her own as an adult, she and Ramona remind me of Velma and Amber Von Tussle from “Hairspray.” Both of these entitled blondes think they’re way more rich, fabulous and connected than they really are, both seem to look down on other women as “beneath” them; the mama uses her “influence” to both promote her daughter and self-promote her own charms.

And from what I’ve heard of about Avery (thanks to folks on various gossip sites I follow who recount seeing her out in Manhattan nightlife), she is just as snotty and full of herself as her mama. Word on the street is that “don’t you know who my mother is?” is Avery’s favorite line to use. As for Ramona, I hear she can either be drunk and friendly, or cold and dismissive (to which she usually says “I can’t right now” or “I’m in the middle of a conversation”) to folks who approach her out in the wild. And do NOT dare approach her if she’s talking to a man/on a “date.”

Admittedly, I laughed myself silly during this episode. But again, I don’t mind watching the ladies get stupid drunk out in public, and thought Ramona’s Star Wars Cantina party looked boring and stuffy as shit. Thank god Leah was there to at least liven things up and snap Ramona out of her smugly self-absorbed haze for a bit. Sonja grape-stomping the mirrored tray was so delightfully weird, and Dorinda’s facial expressions throughout the madness were hysterical. And yes, I totally would’ve grinded up with Leah and the other gals just to watch Ramona hilariously self-implode. It was so very Velma Von Tussle of her!D6B496E3-AE6D-4F61-B544-E718F207493C.jpeg.86bd27974d05f07e683ec714726b1dbf.jpeg

Edited by Sun-Bun
Because I found the perfect Von Tussle family portrait!
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

For some reason, now that Avery is on her own as an adult, she and Ramona remind me of Velma and Amber Von Tussle from “Hairspray.” Both of these entitled blondes think they’re way more rich, fabulous and connected than they really are, both seem to look down on other women as “beneath” them; the mama uses her “influence” to both promote her daughter and self-promote her own charms.

And from what I’ve heard of about Avery (thanks to folks on various gossip sites I follow who recount seeing her out in Manhattan nightlife), she is just as snotty and full of herself as her mama. Word on the street is that “don’t you know who my mother is?” is Avery’s favorite line to use. As for Ramona, I hear she can either be drunk and friendly, or cold and dismissive (to which she usually says “I can’t right now” or “I’m in the middle of a conversation”) to folks who approach her out in the wild. And do NOT dare approach her if she’s talking to a man/on a “date.”

Admittedly, I laughed myself silly during this episode. But again, I don’t mind watching the ladies get stupid drunk out in public, and thought Ramona’s Star Wars Cantina party looked boring and stuffy as shit. Thank god Leah was there to at least liven things up and snap Ramona out of her smugly self-absorbed haze for a bit. Sonja grape-stomping the mirrored tray was so delightfully weird, and Dorinda’s facial expressions throughout the madness were hysterical. And yes, I totally would’ve grinded up with Leah and the other gals just to watch Ramona hilariously self-implode. It was so very Velma Von Tussle of her!D6B496E3-AE6D-4F61-B544-E718F207493C.jpeg.86bd27974d05f07e683ec714726b1dbf.jpeg

I hate snobs.  Ramona is a snob.  A male relative of mine was a rich, powerful man in the vicinity where we live.  Everyone knew of him.  He was the sweetest man.  His wife became a real snob.  When my father died, he drove all the way to the funeral parlor by himself after work in the pouring rain to show respect, and it was far in another county.  Not his wife.  He died of cancer, poor guy.  I’ll never forget that.  It’s something that sticks with you.  My mother always taught us to be kind to everyone.  Ramona treats people very poorly.  She goes on vacation and treats the staff like her personal slaves.  She can’t even hang her clothes up.  Dorinda has a helper, Sonja has helpers, LuAnn has helpers, etc.  Do they all just drink, sleep, get dressed up, go out and primp themselves?  I guess you have to look good for the mug shots and jail.  Ramona must have been mortified with the train and Sonja.  Good for her.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I did appreciate her telling Ramona that she doesn’t talk to 50 women [or currently have meaningful bonds with 50 women].

In my development, I’ve played cards with women .. I have had lunch with these women .. I’ve swam in the pool with these women .. I’ve gone to parties with these women.  Does that mean I can invite all of them to my Birthday party?  Total of about 50.  Hell no!  They are in the circle of people I see where I live .. not my real friends that I grew up with or in my wedding party or went to school with.  Ramona is nuts.  She is so not in their class, but is dying to be.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Sonja grape-stomping the mirrored tray was so delightfully weird,

I don't agree.  I thought it was disgusting.  If someone else were doing that, the police would have been called.

12 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Ramona is a snob.

And she has NO reason to be IMO.  I don't think she is as wealthy as she appears to be.   I think she's a poser.  She wants everybody to think she's wealthy, but I'm not buying it.

• Love 16
50 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And she has NO reason to be IMO.  I don't think she is as wealthy as she appears to be.   I think she's a poser.  She wants everybody to think she's wealthy, but I'm not buying it.

IMO, Ramona's snobbery - like Dorinda's ridiculous designer-name dropping and Lu's elitism - all comes from the same place: namely, a sense of insecurity. They all come from fairly humble beginnings and they think that being elitist, materialistic, and pretentious shows that they've "made it" when it comes to New York society.  To be fair to Lu, she wasn't wrong when she said, "money can't buy you class" but none of them understand what makes a person classy isn't an attitude of exclusion, but of decency and kindness.

• Love 22
24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't agree.  I thought it was disgusting.  If someone else were doing that, the police would have been called.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

i  totally agree except for ramona.  i believe she has the money not jp morgan type money but more than the rest of them. 

• Love 9

Just now watched this episode.   Ramona is still single because she compares everyone to Mario and no one measures up.   I'm 99% sure she would take him back.  I'm also 99% sure he will never do that.  I'm guessing he's not lacking female attention down in Palm Beach. 

The party was kind of a let down except for the producers numbering Ramona's friends and the last 2 minutes.  

I feel sorry for Sonja and have for years.  I know she brings on so much of this herself with poor decisions, but I have a soft spot for her. 

• Love 9

Did anybody notice that the lingerie Dorinda dug out of her dresser for Leah to wear still had the tags on them? No coincidence that the bra fit Leah perfectly.

Leah is too young for the rest of the cast. Now that Tinsley is gone, mismatch is more glaring. I hope she isn't back next year. I am tired of her disgusting behavior. Not that I'm giving a pass to any of the rest of them ...  Even if Bravo brought in some younger diverse cast members, Leah still needs to go. 

• Love 16

Ahhhh, Moaner--you big ol' crazy-eyed, white trash hog! Lol! Nobody is EVER going to think of you as high society. You're a pig on a reality show. The END. When a pig on a reality show has a party, people act like zoo apes. YOU'RE a zoo ape. Stop putting on shows...or trying to. PS I had that dress in the 80s. You looked absurd.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Ramona is still single because she compares everyone to Mario and no one measures up. I'm 99% sure she would take him back. I'm also 99% sure he will never do that.  I'm guessing he's not lacking female attention down in Palm Beach. 

Notice how, after she instructed him to say, “I love you, too,” he quickly added, “And you, too,” to Avery, to neutralize it.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I've written about this before but I guess it bears repeating: Scott is quite handsome in real life. I was next to him and Tinsley at a Backstreets Boys concert in Vegas in August 2018. He's very tall and burly - like a lumberjack! The camera doesn't pick up his best features. For a few seconds I actually thought Tins was with another guy! They were both very sweet and affectionate and low-key. Tins is stunning in person. Anyway, if anyone's assessment of Scott rests on his appearance, it should be largely favorable. He's got a great work ethic and plenty of money. All else that matter is his treating Tins well and her being happy. 

Poor Scott, no wonder he stopped consenting to appearances on this show. Cracks about his appearance and consensus from other ladies that he sucked as a boyfriend. Tins did right by running.

I understand what you mean, the difference with how people look on TV and in real life can be shocking.  

2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Poor Scott, no wonder he stopped consenting to appearances on this show. Cracks about his appearance and consensus from other ladies that he sucked as a boyfriend. Tins did right by running.

I very much think Tins did right by running too.  Jealous, hateful people can try to ruin your happiness.  Some will stop at nothing to do so.

36 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Notice how, after she instructed him to say, “I love you, too,” he quickly added, “And you, too,” to Avery, to neutralize it.

Yes, seems like he has some anger against her.

I LOVE when people refer to Leah as "too young" :). because it makes me feel young too.  😄

• Love 10

WWHL:

Andy asked Leah to describe Ramona’s baby turd in three words.

Leah said, “No, thank you.”

Michelle Buteau said, “It’s Turtle Time.”

Leah said that her father has a crush on Sonja.

Leah said that Ramona betrayed her, belittled her and acted as if she was superior to Leah, and that’s why they’re feuding on Twitter.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Ahhhh, Moaner--you big ol' crazy-eyed, white trash hog! Lol! Nobody is EVER going to think of you as high society. You're a pig on a reality show. The END. When a pig on a reality show has a party, people act like zoo apes. YOU'RE a zoo ape. Stop putting on shows...or trying to. PS I had that dress in the 80s. You looked absurd.

Hahaha .. so true.  Ramoaner was sooo hyper at her party speaking very rapidly.  Is she on uppers?  She speaks to people while her eyes are roaming all over the place, then doesn’t even give the other person a chance to reply.  It’s always about her and her bullshit.  Then that laugh after every sentence.  She’s exhausting.  She probably drove Mario nuts.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I've been buying my RH shows from Amazon prime since I cut the cable a few years back -- I'm forced to use Spectrum high speed internet since they have a monopoly in my area and I've literally had zero problems with buffering.

I normally don't either, but as I said, I have Viasat and just wanted to give my fellow posters a heads up in case they have Viasat as well so they don't spend $30 on a season and not be able to enjoy watching it.  

I'd suggest anyone with Viasat buy an episode first for about $3 and make sure it plays satisfactorily before purchasing the entire season just in case.  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think she is as wealthy as she appears to be.   I think she's a poser.  She wants everybody to think she's wealthy, but I'm not buying it.

I have to beg to differ on that. Ramona was self made for sure. She had that business selling leftover fashion to places like Marshall's and TJ Max for a long time, it was a very successful business. She married in to money with Mario. She did very well in the divorce, keeping the Hamptons house and the Manhattan apartment. When she sold the Manhattan apt I would imagine she made a big profit on it since she owned it for so long. I wouldn't doubt if she profited several million on that sale. She also makes a boatload of money for appearing on this shit show. Ramona has plenty of money. Definitely more than LuAnn, Dorinda and obviously Sonja. 

• Love 14

Cheers to my fellow Vodka lovers. Grey Goose myself. 🍸

I like Leah when she is sober. She posted her 90 day chip on instagram not too long ago.

I can understand you have one drunken night and maybe rethink what you did the night before. But these ladies it's all the time. They are so brutal with their words. I don't think I could look at my friends in the face ever again if I were in that situation.

Could you imagine if it were straight men as these ladies? they would be single for the rest of their life!

Oh wait... Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Glad Tinsely is happy and ran away from this group.

• Love 6
On 7/23/2020 at 10:57 PM, Callaphera said:

Same. I want to like Leah because she says a lot of things that I like and agree with. She was right on with pointing out the thin, white, mostly blonde "MAGA rally" that was Ramona's birthday guest list. I think I saw one BIPOC person there and I'm not sure they were a guest. But then she acts like a teenager who had her first wine cooler and is, like, sooo drunk you guys, woooo! and starts humping everything in sight before flipping the switch and pulling out the demonic "You're fucking psychotic!!!!1" shouting in the middle of the room. I have no problem with that in a setting like Ramona's backyard when hanging with friends - it's less cool when it's in the center of a middle aged woman's birthday party in a setting like that. 

Again, I think both Leah and Ramona (and everyone, basically) was in the wrong but damn, Leah. Not a good look. (Although the sheer dress was fucking killer and I wish I could not only afford it but have a place to wear it.)

I’m really surprised Leah isn’t having sex with the baby daddy, as she’s so horney.  She would ina flash, but I don’t think he really likes her and her way of life.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I normally don't either, but as I said, I have Viasat and just wanted to give my fellow posters a heads up in case they have Viasat as well so they don't spend $30 on a season and not be able to enjoy watching it.  

I'd suggest anyone with Viasat buy an episode first for about $3 and make sure it plays satisfactorily before purchasing the entire season just in case.  

Great advice!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m really surprised Leah isn’t having sex with the baby daddy, as she’s so horney.  She would ina flash, but I don’t think he really likes her and her way of life.

Maybe they are and they keep it a secret.  It would confuse the daughter.  A lot of people are having sex with their exes.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

The only thing Leah has going for her is her looks, and we all know that will fade with time.  She's not very intelligent or witty and I don't see any indication of a good natured warmth underneath or even an ability to fake it like Ramona does so well.  

I would be surprised if any guy would consider Leah girlfriend material even if she were delivered to them on a silver platter.  The truth is, normal guys really don't enjoy batshit women prone to going off the rails and little else to offer.  She probably doesn't have any problem attracting one night stands because she is pretty, but given time to show who she is, the guy is outta there.   I think she drinks because she's lonely and is lonely because she drinks.

The baby daddy looks significantly older than Leah and I get the feeling he might have had a substance abuse problem in the past himself.  On camera he is so oddly stand-offish with her they look like strangers.  Thank goodness he seems to take his responsibility as a father seriously or that kid would probably not be living a stable life.  Honestly, Leah seems to know her personality turns guys off and I think that's why she's always so horny.  If it's true she's on the wagon again, she needs to stay there and get her shit together.  Girl is pushing 40.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 12
On 7/26/2020 at 11:23 AM, Silver Bells said:

I appreciate you trying.  I tried, but can’t find it as there are so many headings.  I’ll have to ask the grandkids.  They know everything, lol.  Thanks for taking the time.

All of the past seasons are on Hulu.

• Useful 1

From the Urban Dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION

stick your dick in crazy

When have sex with a girl and then she turns out to be completely crazy amd winds up dragging you into all kinds of drama.

Guy 1: "Dude, that girl is a complete nut job" 
Guy 2: "I know! Word of advice man, don't stick your dick in crazy."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Just now watched this episode.   Ramona is still single because she compares everyone to Mario and no one measures up.   

Ramona is wealthy but definitely not in the 1%.  She exaggerates like the rest of them.  She made it big in the 80's and 90's, especially the 90's when money was everywhere.  Now in order to keep her Hampton's home she rents it out for huge money.  People in the 1% don't need rent money. 

Ramona is the smartest of the NYC housewives with regard to money and money is apparently everything to Ramona.  She compares men to the 1% and how he measures up to that, not Mario.  She'll be alone forever if she doesn't get past that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ok all these 50 & 60 year old woman still acting like a jr high school clique during this episode is just .....sad it’s coming across so .... the only word I can think of is sad. 

I don’t know.

I would go with desperate.

• Love 6
On 7/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, PradaKitty said:

Ramona, you do NOTha r 50-60 “girlfriends“, you have 50 plus acquaintances and possibly 3-5 friends, none of whom are girls. 

Don’t know if it’s OT but Heather McDonald ( Juicy Scoop)  does Romona perfectly  . The voice ,the shoulder shrugging and it’s hysterical. 
I find it boring/ uncomfortable watching these women get shit faced drunk continuously. Next day it’s I love you. I’m down to just this franchise and find myself leaving on DVR then going half way then deleting.  Now to eliminate other crap reality shows and I’d be proud.   Not going to happen.  

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Don’t know if it’s OT but Heather McDonald (Juicy Scoop) does Ramona perfectly. The voice, the shoulder shrugging and it’s hysterical. 

Don’t forget the eyes!! Popping and darting around non-stop! As another poster mentioned, Ramona was hardly ever present while standing next to a guest, ostensibly greeting her, at the birthday party. 

• Love 5
On 7/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, tranquilidade said:

The Gucci bag explains it now, thanks to another poster who explained on an earlier episode thread about her dinner club.  Clearly these women all celebrate each other's birthday and chip in for a great gift and Ramona was getting her turn. She can't include Sonja in this party because Sonja doesn't contribute all year to the round of parties and the collection for a gift.    These are women who socially network and call each other friends but they are not friends in a close way and the other housewives point that out.    I'm sure that this group of 50-60 women also use each other for their charitable organization work, inviting each other to events creating the party scene they love.  Ramona foolishly tries to make it look like these are close friends who really know one another and care about each other.   

Was Sonja a member of this ‘club’ back when she was Mrs Old Fella Morgan? That would explain her frequent and strident insistence that these women have been *her* friends for longer than Ramona. It would sting a lot that she is no longer in this group of socialites.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ok all these 50 & 60 year old woman still acting like a jr high school clique during this episode is just .....sad it’s coming across so .... the only word I can think of is sad. 

Look, when you're in your 50's and 60's you can still have fun.  You don't need to sit home and knit.  The problem is, these women are acting like idiots for all the world to see and they don't care, maybe because they think they have privilege.  RHOBH, they fight and argue, but they're not breaking glass covered tables by dancing on top of them.  That's beyond idiotic.  

• Love 13
On 7/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, Shannah Banana said:

I had so thought the same thing.  There is something very similar about those two. 

Leah and her boring sister think they are hot stuff.  They go downtown to those spas trolling for men.  Isn’t the sister married?  At 37, Leah still hasn’t found a man.  Guess she’s still hoping for baby daddy to come thru.  Doubt it.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Look, when you're in your 50's and 60's you can still have fun.  You don't need to sit home and knit.  The problem is, these women are acting like idiots for all the world to see and they don't care, maybe because they think they have privilege.  RHOBH, they fight and argue, but they're not breaking glass covered tables by dancing on top of them.  That's beyond idiotic.  

How about Sonja gyrating to the music by herself at the bar.  She still thinks she’s so sexy, but is humiliating herself.  I love the way she walks around sticking her chest and ass out.  There comes a day when those tactics look ridiculous.

• Love 9

Thanks to everyone helping me about past seasons .. Amazon, Hulu, etc.  Just found a few seasons on Hulu that I never knew about.  They will keep me going thru the summer.  When it comes to this stuff and technical, I’m lost. 😍

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Leah and her boring sister think they are hot stuff.  They go downtown to those spas trolling for men.  Isn’t the sister married?  At 37, Leah still hasn’t found a man.  Guess she’s still hoping for baby daddy to come thru.  Doubt it.

Hey, Beth didn’t meet Jason til she was 39, right? What’s wrong with holding out for Mr. Right - and yes I’m aware that Jason was Mr. Very Very Wrong.

There’s the prevailing notion that Leah is hung up on her ex and though she may be, they’re allowed to hang with each other, no? Btw I think Rob is kind of cute; he has confidence, which is certainly attractive. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And that's bad because? 

Not saying it’s bad, but while beautiful, she probably turns guys off with her wild ways.  I’m sure she can have plenty of men, but can she hold them? 
Beth can get plenty of men no matter her age as she’s just got it .. plus she’s already been married before and had numerous boyfriends.

Not hitting a nerve here.  Geeze.  You’re not getting my point.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I know this is how some married women look at single women, but to say it out loud like this is kind of cruel.

They're ALL single, frankly, and I don't think that proves they're failures as human beings.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Not saying it’s bad, but while beautiful, she probably turns guys off with her wild ways.  I’m sure she can have plenty of men, but can she hold them? 
Beth can get plenty of men no matter her age as she’s just got it .. plus she’s already been married before and had numerous boyfriends.

Not hitting a nerve here.  Geeze.  You’re not getting my point.

Not sure what your point is. If it’s that Leah’s behavior and personality are not suitable enough to “keep” a man, then no, I don’t get it. 

• Love 3
On 7/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, chlban said:

I absolutely detest Leah. Full stop. I feel like she is driving the final nail into this, my favorite franchise. I would rather watch  Aviva. Yep, I really said that.

I think Leah is extremely nasty and very inappropriate. YUK!

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Sorry, this belongs in the Leah or Bethenny thread and mods may move but...just responding.

She's got what? She has been married and divorced twice. Apparently she doesn't choose well. Aside from her choices in husbands, look at her boyfriends. The best friend of her first husband. The first Jason who didn't want to commit, then an accused rapist. After that a drug addict. She gets men. She gets the wrong ones.

I don't think Bethenny scores any points for being married before and having numerous boyfriends. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 1
  • Love 10