Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Sheer Madness

• Start Topic

On 7/26/2020 at 7:10 PM, WhyAmIHere said:

Just now watched this episode.   Ramona is still single because she compares everyone to Mario and no one measures up.   I'm 99% sure she would take him back.  I'm also 99% sure he will never do that.  I'm guessing he's not lacking female attention down in Palm Beach. 

I felt a little sad for Ramona watching her in the scene with Ramona. It looked like she's not over him but he is clearly over her. He was being pleasant while keeping his distance and she seemed to want more. The "I love you" part was a big clue. 

• Love 7

I have always enjoyed the antics on the Housewives shows over the years; but I have only watched New York and Orange County.  However. The "antics" have so devolved that I gave up on Orange County and am barely hanging onto New York.  I find myself switching to something else in the middle of the mess that is this show nowadays.  

We all know that most (if not all) of it is manufactured drama; are the HW's really as drunk as they appear to be?  There is nothing entertaining or redeemable about the show this season; it is trashy and not in a good way.  It is embarrassing, as a woman, to watch what is on my screen this season; and really, most of these last seasons.  The manufactured fights are exhausting; the crudity, especially since Leah has been brought onboard, is off-the-charts.   

I don't know if the fault lies with Andy Cohen, Bravo, the Housewives, or us.  I would hate to see an entire new cast; I have become attached to LuAnn, Ramona (even though she hasn't really had a storyline in years) and sometimes even Sonja; Dorinda is redeemable only if she tones down her hatefulness and bitterness.  I kind of miss Tinsley, even though she always seemed the odd-man-out.  Leah will hopefully be a one-and-done. I don't think bringing Bethany back is a solution.  It is creepy, to me, to see that Andy seems to enjoy these women debasing themselves.  I would just hate to see this franchise end; but if things don't improve I think that could happen.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/26/2020 at 1:06 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thanks for reminding me about the Bethenny show.  I never watched that.  I think I can find some stuff online.  I'm really bored.

I was a fan of "Bethenny & Fredrik" also.

Oooh, definitely do! I'm jealous that you get to watch it for the first time. a re-watch of Bethenny's show, with what we know now, would be darkly fascinating. I really enjoyed it at the time. Exhausting as she may be, Bethenny is hilarious and knows how to bring it to reality shows. I think it's available on Peacock now. For a long time it was scrubbed from the Bravo universe offerings.

Edited by candle96
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, StevieRocks said:

Ahhhh, Moaner--you big ol' crazy-eyed, white trash hog! Lol! Nobody is EVER going to think of you as high society. You're a pig on a reality show. The END. When a pig on a reality show has a party, people act like zoo apes. YOU'RE a zoo ape. Stop putting on shows...or trying to. PS I had that dress in the 80s. You looked absurd.

but ramona's heyday was in the 80's.  bethenny once posted a pic of ramona  that appeared on the cover of a fitness magazine. 

she looked great

Edited by jaybird2
addition
  • Love 6
On 7/29/2020 at 5:54 AM, Kemper said:

Dorinda is redeemable only if she tones down her hatefulness and bitterness.

I’m afraid she will never be redeemable for me. She crossed too many lines. For me, no excuse will justify her behavior.

• Love 11

LuAnn is so different with this group taking them to the spa. She's must more comfortable. Remember when she talked to the school age girls of color and suggested they lose weight? Awkward!

• Love 4
On 7/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, Silver Bells said:

I would love if Bravo would air the entire Housewives of N.Y. from the very beginning to now.  I’d want to see everyone again.

I bought all the seasons from Amazon. 😀

• Love 2

Does Carol Alt realize that Ramona considers her one of her best friends?

I forgot that Ramona claimed that Leah had a run in her stocking, and it “didn’t look good”!!!

In the Never Before Seen Scenes, Sonja said that she was going to sell Ramona’s Gucci bag on eBay. Lu hid it.

• Love 3
On 7/23/2020 at 10:08 PM, Callaphera said:

I mean, I get why Ramona was upset with Leah and party about the sudden grinding session in the center of the room at what was supposed to be a very classé (snort) event. And I get why Leah and party were rebelling and having a grinding session in the center of the room. They all suck.

But I feel like Ramona's mask just slipped and that angry snapping about quitting the show right now and to break production and "Over! It's over! Over!" was the real Ramona slipping out to say hello. And she must be fucking exhausting to be around. 

Cynical ole me suspects that when Ramona uttered "Shut it down Production!" that her 'tantrum' had been scripted.  (Ramona is just not that convincing an actor), AND she KNEW she was "breaking the fourth wall."  (Production was no doubt prepared for her 'scene.')  For those not familiar with the 4th wall phrase, here's one description: 

The fourth wall is an imaginary wall that separates the story from the real world. This term comes from the theatre, where the three surrounding walls enclose the stage while an invisible “4th wall” is left out for the sake of the viewer. The 4th wall is the screen we’re watching. We treat this wall like a one-way mirror. The audience can see and comprehend the story, but the story cannot comprehend the existence of the audience.

If you break that wall, you break that accord. This is called “Breaking The 4th Wall.” It can also be described as the story becoming aware of itself."

Soooo...After all these years of Ramona 'playing' Ramona, I find it really hard to believe that she would intentionally "break that 4th wall."  It just reeks too much of amateur shenanigans.

(P.S.  Being...usually...a good-hearted soul, IF I am totally off-base here, then I apologize to Ramona.  Reality TV has made me very cynical.) ☹️ 

• Love 1
On 8/2/2020 at 3:02 AM, Diane Mars said:

Late to the party, but I put it here 🙂

116817164_10218501813116223_18378007226808498_o.jpg

I was wrong, I really thought Leah was showing her hoo-ha.  Would I be surprised if she had been? No, but still wrong is wrong and I was wrong on this call.  Thanks for clearing it up.  Sorry Leah....kinda, sorta 🥴

• LOL 2
  • Love 1