Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/22/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 22 – Day of Hot Topics

Tuesday, June 23 – NASCAR driver Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr.; Loni Love (Author, “I Tried to Change So You Don’t Have To”)

Wednesday, June 24 — The Political View with Former National Security Advisor John Bolton (Author, “The Room Where It Happened”)

Thursday, June 25 — The Political View with Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)

Friday, June 26 — George Lopez (“We’ll Do It For Half”)

• Love 1

Ana is friends with George Lopez so hopefully that means she will be on. And since they record Friday shows on Thursdays, I hope she is there for the  Thursday show too.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

• Love 13
3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Wednesday is going to be horrible, but I'm interested in seeing how Sunny talks to Loni considering she shaded her and the Real when Tamar was on the show.

I also watch the Real and am a Loni fan. I must have missed the Tamar episode on The View. What did Sunny say?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't watch The Real, but I've always loved Loni Love. I just don't really care for the others, which is why I never watched. Although I've seen an episode here and there since Tamar left, and the show is definitely better than it was.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

He looked completely dejected and defeated after getting off Marine One. After all the bragging about how massive the crowd was gonna be by him and his people, I was pretty happy with the image. If zoomers really did register for seats to screw with the numbers, I say well played, kiddos. 

The ones that can vote BETTER show up in November.

That photo made me laugh my ass off though. B-O-O H-O-O, bitch!

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
(edited)

Only Meg could yammer on and on so much that she completely forgets her original point and asks for a break just to save face.

Regarding the monuments issue, if the Teddy Roosevelt statue wasn't of him towering over a Native American and African American, nobody would want it removed. A point which Mee-again misses completely. However, I don't know if tearing down statues of George Washington, Columbus, Jefferson, or Grant is the answer though. You know it is possible to acknowledge a historic figure's accomplishments and acknowledge that they were a piece of shit in other aspects.

Whoopi made a good point that maybe the real issue is the others want their heritage and heroes represented as well. Which I think is completely fair. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

Meghan goes from tearing down statues to renaming universities and cities, as well as removing characters from movies!!  And mount Rushmore! Talk about jumping to the extreme conclusion. 

Princess Hyperbole. She wont be happy until theres a McCain City and a McCain University. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13

Walking off the helicopter, Trump looked like he had been out gambling all night and had been cleaned out.

Well what put Meghan in a snit all of a sudden?

And then she has to repeat two of the exact same points she made in the previous segment.  And then later makes a third Yale mention.

Oh. brother.  Meghan, you can keep your fucking paintings that you have in your home!

Meghan - "Obliminate".  Ha ha ha!

The flow of the show today is craptacular.

You know, some here have wondered if Meghan had lip injections, or if something's going on with her front teeth.  For some reason, while looking at her today it occurred to me that some people who get lip injections end up with their front teeth being in shadow.  That might be what's happening here, to a relatively minor extent.

• Love 12

STFU, Mehgun!

Stop fucking talking and let others have their say.

Shut up shut up shut up!

Who cares if you can't hear!!!!!!??????

You're not the only one there!!!

God in Heaven, mute her Whoopi.!!!!!!!

I cannot anymore. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

just a generic Whoopi post since it applies to every show I've seen this week. PLEASE PLEASE , if there are any actual producers left, remove that Yoda doll from her screen. It only encourages her to think she IS Yoda, and "Yoda she not be".

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Meghan is now directing the show?  “I have a lot to say so why don’t we go to a break and I’ll talk when we come back.”   

The way she was holding her ear gave me the impression that the producers were telling her to wrap it up or go to break. Not sure why, but today's show seemed like a hot mess. I get they are all remote. but not sure what happened today vs other remote shows they've done.

Edited by choclatechip45
edited to add
  • Love 13

My satellite hs been in and out for 2 days now, so I only got to see snips of the first segment.  From what I've read, I didn't miss much.  I will try to catch it on You Tube, later.  Why can't Ana be on, remotely?  PLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ!  I am really enjoying her FB posts and her recipes, even though I loathe cilantro!😂

• Love 16
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan goes from tearing down statues to renaming universities and cities, as well as removing characters from movies!!  And mount Rushmore! Talk about jumping to the extreme conclusion. 

Princess Hyperbole. She wont be happy until theres a McCain City and a McCain University. 

Excuse me but isn't that 'hyper bowl'??😁

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

Does MM think the guys name is James Duke ...of York (like from York)? The way she kept saying his name sounded like that.   I, thinking  it’s probably James..Duke of York.  Just curious and snarking.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Okay, I just watched on You Tube, not one of their best efforts.  And, what is MM obsession with Teddy Roosevelt?  How many times did she mention him, and that she and her husband have a painting in their home. She didn't seem to grasp that the problem, was not that it ws Teddy R, but the whole sculpture, including the American Indian and the slave, although, as much as she LOVES the museum, she was not aware that the other person was  slave. Seemed, also, that she was giddy most of the

show.  This show is starting to become unwatchable, and believe me I have watched every show since it's inception.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

You know how after a political debate someone always totals up the amount of speaking time each candidate had?  If that were done with this show, there's no question that Meghan would end up having the highest total nearly every day.  

I didn't time this episode, but last Fall after she was bitching that she never got to talk, I timed a couple of episodes and she spoke 20-30% of the time.

Last week, I noticed that Whoopi, Sunny & MeAgain seemed to be reading most of what they said off a teleprompter, even their "feelings" about "hot topics" which are supposed to be spontaneous. Perhaps they had no morning meeting because the show started on time for a change and nobody was ready.

• Love 7

That was a shit show today, and if wouldn't be torture to rewatch it, I would count the number of times they totally messed up with interrupting, talking over each other, blurting out stuff about time, going to break, etc.

One thing that was pretty shocking was when MeAgain was talking about Trump usually losing it and blaming someone else, and firing them, she actually used the word scalps or scalped.  Pretty inappropriate any time but especially given the topics today.

she still doesnt get it GIF by America's Next Top Model

• Love 13
(edited)

Once again, they have to devote the end of the show to selling garage sale garbage at 50% off (big deal). And that woman selling the crap had to read off index cards ? She couldn't get a teleprompter by now ?

By the way, the Chipolo (which she "loved, loved, loved") caught my eye as I'm frequently losing my keys at home, at work, etc. I thought I'd buy one for myself, one for my sister, and one for my wallet - all at half off.  Before I went on to buy (it would be my first 'VYD' purchase) I decided to Google the reviews - OMG, what horrible reviews! Many said the thing doesn't work, the app disconnects, etc.  Glad I saved my $$$.  Not many reviewers "loved, loved, loved" it.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

She didn't seem to grasp that the problem, was not that it ws Teddy R, but the whole sculpture, including the American Indian and the slave, although, as much as she LOVES the museum, she was not aware that the other person was  slave.

I first went to that museum when I was 7 years old, which was in the mid nineteen sixties, my class though that statue was wrong even back then.  Roosevelt is on a horse, the Native American and African American are walking alongside him, as if they are his servants or something.

• Love 11

Since Meghan likes to decorate with 'American History', as she said today - does that mean she will decorate the nursery with Civil War and American Revolution memorabilia ?  Doesn't sound like a charming, comforting place for a baby to me...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Since Meghan likes to decorate with 'American History', as she said today - does that mean she will decorate the nursery with Civil War and American Revolution memorabilia ?  Doesn't sound like a charming, comforting place for a baby to me...

Probably a glass topped cannon for a changing table.  She can get one from the Gettysburg battlefield.  Unfortunately, there will be no crib because apparently you can’t buy them right now.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan collects patriotic art. Is that an actual thing?

Yeah, she has portraits of the founding fathers or something like that.  And didn't Bitsy have a similar obsession,  or, I mean hobby? 

Who does that? I mean, people collect various types or artwork, but patriotic art? Portraits? It's like how a high school US history teacher would decorate her classroom.

And I'm imagining a crib comforter with the constitution printed on it, and a mobile with presidential faces (republicans only)

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Only Meg could yammer on and on so much that she completely forgets her original point and asks for a break just to save face.

Regarding the monuments issue, if the Teddy Roosevelt statue wasn't of him towering over a Native American and African American, nobody would want it removed. A point which Mee-again misses completely. However, I don't know if tearing down statues of George Washington, Columbus, Jefferson, or Grant is the answer though. You know it is possible to acknowledge a historic figure's accomplishments and acknowledge that they were a piece of shit in other aspects.

Whoopi made a good point that maybe the real issue is the others want their heritage and heroes represented as well. Which I think is completely fair. 

I actually thought that Meghan was trying to cover up for the gaffe she almost made.  She was talking about statues and monuments, and she said something about "at our home", or similar - I think she was getting ready to mention a statue or monument somewhere in Virginia (where she is rumored to be staying right now), rather than discuss New York City.  

She got completely ruffled, and was trying hard to figure out how to backpedal and turn the conversation around.  

I could be wrong, but that was how I viewed it.

Other than that, I think that Meghan has just as horrible decorating taste as she does in wardrobe choices.  I wouldn't be surprised if she and Ben have a Confederate flag displayed somewhere in her "art work".

Also, she went a little heavy on the pink eyeshadow - not a good look!!  

I'm also wondering if they will be going back into the studio soon - lots of the NY news shows started back in the studio today.

• Love 16
On 6/21/2020 at 2:49 PM, MeThinkMeNot said:

Thank you! I don't personally think the other hosts were responsible for Tamar's firing. Sunny is typically polite to guests so I bet Loni will be treated well no matter what Sunny thinks happened behind the scenes of The Real. 

• Love 2

Meghan doesn't want to be confronted by anything to deal with racism. Like Sunny said, education is important but if you don't want to even touch that aspect of history, but whitewashing it isn't going to help anyone.

Also, Meghan looks tanned so she's been going out. She can buy a crib.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Sorry, Meh, you get called on first whether you have something to say or not. When Meg has no opinion she says it’s an “ongoing conversation.”  She spoke for a couple minutes without saying anything.  One big word salad. 

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sorry, Meh, you get called on first whether you have something to say or not. When Meg has no opinion she says it’s an “ongoing conversation.”  She spoke for a couple minutes without saying anything.  One big word salad. 

Isn’t everything they talk about an ongoing conversation?  MegaMouth once again tries to direct the show .  While I agree that a different moderator is desperately needed- it’s not her!

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

One thing comes to mind here: tenor.gif?itemid=5946858

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I'm home from work recovering from shoulder surgery so I watched live and there really wasn't anything worth commenting on. I agree with Sunny I still only go places I have to and wear a mask and social distance.  It's going to be a very long time before I'm comfortable enough to go out and spend time in a social environment.  And it took them long enough to talk about Abby having covid. I read about that at least a week ago. And I'm not so sure it's true what Meghan said about them doing everything possible to not be exposed. It was reported Abby's father had been out campaigning.

• Love 13
(edited)

I hadn't checked Abby's twitter since she announced that her dad had the virus.  I didn't watch the videos, but from the written posts it sounds like she and her mother have it now.   Meghan was incorrect, though, in saying that Abby's family had been totally responsible and sheltering in place prior to getting sick.  I'm not sure about everyone else, but Gov. Huntsman had been out campaigning without a mask and shaking hands before he was diagnosed. 

Wow.  Meghan's thrown for a loop just because Whoopie asks her to respond first.  You'd think she just started doing this tv thing.

1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

MegaMouth once again tries to direct the show .

Yep.  She sure looks like she's decided to take matters into her own hands when she doesn't like the way the show is being run, and that includes when she complained last week about something said by the opening announcer.   

Meghan thinks daytime talk is "a rough gig"?    I would love to see all the other daytime talk show hosts polled to see how many of them agree with her.  If this is so difficult for her, maybe she should take this opportunity to "try something new", pursue her dream", or "see what else is out there".  

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan collects patriotic art. Is that an actual thing?

There was a neighboring store next to mine, in my neighborhood (I'm in New England),  in the early 90s  which used to sell 'folk art country'.  A lot of it was 'patriotic art' - wooden wall hangings, table linen, furniture in that rustic red/white/blue, etc.  from 'early America'. Some of the stuff was devoted to the Confederacy. I never liked it personally, but it did have a devoted following for a while from all demographics.  I could see Meghan shopping in this store.

• Love 8