Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/18/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 18 – Rita Wilson; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 19 – The Political View with Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA)

Wednesday, May 20 — Jennifer and Andre Laubach who both tested positive for the coronavirus while expecting twins; Nick Cannon (“The Masked Singer”)

Thursday, May 21 — Yvette Nicole Brown (“The Big Fib”)

Friday, May 22 — Zach Braff & Donald Faison (Podcast, “Fake Doctors, Real Friends”)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Nick Cannon not so much.

He's impressed with himself more than all of us combined.  He's another one who needs to work behind the scenes.  ICK!   And those turbans and sparkly shoes!  Wait!  I think I like the sparkly shoes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Thank Heavens we get another chance at 'View Your Deal' on Monday ! How in the world did they expect us to survive over the weekend without knowing where we can find  bed linens for half off the retail price of $1,500 or an ice cream maker for half off its regular price of $300?  Then there's the beautiful $800 summer handbag that has a $400 matching beach tote, and a $300 one-size fits all bathing suit to match the $100 beach blanket ! And let's not forget that $1200 juicer to complete our summer stay-cation! 

Thankfully, half their viewers passed up on making that mortgage and car payment this weekend just to buy more stuff, and the other half will put themselves in a lifetime of debt and bad credit by putting this crap on their credit cards.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’d like to know where Meh gets her information re the press being the least trusted institution in the country, especially among younger people, except for Fox News. That makes no sense. 

Does she know the demographics of those who watch Fox News?  It ain't young people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Meghan had the chance to ask Rita a question of substance, and she decided to whine about being called out for being less than polished? REALLY? 

Rita looked so confused, and I loved her answer. She's a woman with her priorities in order. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
(edited)

I wish more guests would say, “I can’t hear you, Meghan, you’re breaking up” and then ignore her question.

Meg is sure obsessed with her gray hair. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 11
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

Meghan had the chance to ask Rita a question of substance, and she decided to whine about being called out for being less than polished? REALLY? 

Rita looked so confused, and I loved her answer. She's a woman with her priorities in order. 

yeah, she just doesn't get that we dislike her because of her sour disposition, not because her poor hair is turning gray

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I see that b&%*$face Meghan is back!  I really missed the eye-rolling moments, side eye, and head shaking, I would have thought that she left that back in the studio. Woop shut her down.  And, on what planet does she think that people are concerned about how conservatives, you know that she is a conservative, like her, feel? Can she bring down a room, or what?  I wasn't aware that there was soooo much criticism of their hair and  makeup.  In her own mind, maybe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, falltime said:

Damnit! I glanced at the TV and for a second I thought Ana was there but no, it's just Meghun. 

You owe Ana an apology.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6

Again with the bullshit that women are taking heat about their appearance.  She is the only person I ever hear talking about it.  Yet when a woman shows up looking “polished” ,as she keeps saying, MM is the first one to bitch about them..  which one is it?

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Again with the bullshit that women are taking heat about their appearance.  She is the only person I ever hear talking about it.  Yet when a woman shows up looking “polished” ,as she keeps saying, MM is the first one to bitch about them..  which one is it?

This is Meghan's new cause. Sticking up for the poor celebs who don't have their army of stylists to make them camera ready.  I'm sure people like Savannah Guthrie and Robin Roberts are so worried what they look like every morning before they go on air.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Again with the bullshit that women are taking heat about their appearance.  She is the only person I ever hear talking about it.

Yes!  I haven't been watching the show, only reading the comments here, and it sounds as though she is suddenly very aware of keeping up her appearance and since I can't think of anybody else making such a big effing deal about it (other than morning tv's other narcissist; Kelly Ripa and her stupid root cam) I am starting to think that maybe that gem of a husband of hers is hassling her about her appearance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I guess she thinks there are no such thing as working class people who are liberal.

Why would she even think that?  I don't want to go off topic but for someone who considers herself an expert on all things political she couldn't be more wrong.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, falltime said:

Damnit! I glanced at the TV and for a second I thought Ana was there but no, it's just Meghun. 

Missy looks like she was about to start cleaning the toilet in that turban.  Absolutely NOT flattering.  Also, her eye make-up was pole-worthy ... LOL.

Ana wears a turban very well & applies just the right amount of make-up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, falltime said:

She seems to decided to copy Ana's turban.  Prefer this look to the bun and huge glasses she's been sporting.

I really don't care about her gray hair or dark roots.  She's soooo bothered about the comments about her weight/looks, but doesn't seem to care about the far more prevalent comments about her entitled attitude and ill informed political opinions.  She has no problems ignoring criticisms about her politics.    I would be more upset that people thought I was stupid than fat/ugly....

MM still thinks if the election was held today, Trump would win?.......Despite pretty much every poll saying otherwise?  I'm not confident either way, but for her to say that with such certainty is just another example of the bubble of which she lives.  

• Love 18
(edited)

It looks like Meghan had a go with self-tanner over the weekend, or maybe, dare I say it, she was outside long enough to get a tan.

You know, if Meghan is going to spout these poll numbers to us, she should at least say which poll she is referencing so we can check it out for ourselves. 

Meghan (with two grammatical errors in one sentence) - "When you blanket statement protesters like this as neo-Nazis and Charlottesville".  Who did that?  Before she spoke, Joy mentioned those past protestors as people Trump had also praised, but who made any "blanket statement" other than Meghan?

So the media's the problem?  They're not what's keeping people at home.  Oh, so first it was 'people are angry because they want to go back to work', but then, no, the press's failing is that they aren't providing representation for "conservatives and Republicans and Trump supporters", and that's why people are angry.

Did those protesters at the Long Island rally only want coverage from particular reporters?  Did they invite those preferred reporters?  Or did they not want any news coverage?

The problem is that people like her think it's the job of the press to provide "representation" to a particular party or belief system.  That's not their job!  That's what opinion columnists, and programming anchored by non-journalists, are for.  Heck, part of household's income is provided by a by a publication that caters to her side of the aisle.  Fox News does exist.  Does she think they and other conservative media outlets should be providing "representation" for the Democrats?  

Oh, brother, Meghan's favorite subject, "culture wars".

Yay, Whoopie!   Just go straight to commercial if Meghan won't shut up.  

Whether or not the "culture war" was "ushered in with his (Obama's) administration", the administration wasn't the one stoking those flames. 

No, Meghan, your "tribe" ushered in the era of Trump by voting for him.

Wonder where Whoopie got the idea that Trump has been "bashing", as she said, Obama for five years.  It's been much longer than that.

Oh, boy, Meghan's big "get on with it" sigh when Whoopie was talking about people missing both Republican and Democratic presidents of the past.

Okay, where is all this "flack" that "women in the media and in the world" are getting?  Oh, restating her question for Rita, Meghan now specifically says that "the women of The View" are getting that flack.  Is it happening to the other ladies, or is it just her, (and just on her social media) but she doesn't want to admit that, so she makes it all-inclusive.  Lol!  Rita Wilson doesn't go in the direction that Meghan was hoping for.  The technology gods foil her once again.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, lusinia said:

Okay, where is all this "flack" that "women in the media and in the world" are getting?  Oh, restating her question for Rita, Meghan now specifically says that "the women of The View" are getting that flack.  Is it happening to the other ladies, or is it just her, (and just on her social media)

Ah, okay, so maybe all of these critics who are supposedly giving her so much flack about her appearance are 'sliding into her DMs' as the kids say and flooding her accounts with their various complaints about her looks.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person.  And I still say some of them are coming from Darling Ben.   

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, lusinia said:

You know, if Meghan is going to spout these poll numbers to us, she should at least say which poll she is referencing so we can check it out for ourselves. 

She won't do that because she is cherry picking the polls to find ones that say what she wants to hear.

9 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Oh, brother, Meghan's favorite subject, "culture wars".

She brings it up all the time but when you accuse her of contributing to it she gets defensive and denies it.

11 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan (with two grammatical errors in one sentence) - "When you blanket statement protesters like this as neo-Nazis and Charlottesville".  Who did that?  Before she spoke, Joy mentioned those past protestors as people Trump had also praised, but who made any "blanket statement" other than Meghan?

Well considering I have only seen pro Trump signs at these protests........

• Love 13

My telecast of today's show lasted less than ten minutes, before Massachusetts governor cut in to give us an update on the state (I live in RI, but I guess he figured we all don't need to buy anymore of Oprah's crap today).

In those ten minutes, I couldn't help wondering:

"Who in their right mind told Sunny to wear her wedding dress today ?" 

She looked absolutely ridiculous to be wearing frilly white lace on a Monday morning in May. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Does she know the demographics of those who watch Fox News?  It ain't young people.

Per Missy “there is not a lot of representation outside of Fox News for conservatives.”  Heads up people.  Look into Sinclair Broadcast Group.  A conservative company that is buying tv stations all across the country.  They tried to buy Tribune and thankfully failed.  They have a conservative slant to their editorial style.  If you ever hear  “Sinclair cares”  during your local news broadcast, beware.  And their “Terror Alert Desk” segments, take with a giant grain of salt.  Rabble rousing.  They have insidiously amped up their rhetoric at the ABC station I watch out of Portland  but that is my hometown and I still like to see what is going on there.  But it is becoming almost unwatchable.  And I pay $50 a month for cable to watch this because Dish only carries Seattle stations.  May have to cut the cord but I hate to give up AM Northwest, I love the hostess, Helen.

• Love 11

Gee Meghan, I wasn’t aware that anyone is saying it’s now find the cure before we go back to work?  They’ve said it might not go away until there’s a vaccine but even cautious states like mine have a phased opening planned for June and July.  And Joy is right that congress can help those who are in great difficulty and democrats are trying to do that.  I’m not sure what MM is talking about...unless it’s a trump talking point that she’s repeating?

• Love 11
(edited)

Did anyone notice Meghan looking down, presumably at her phone at one point? I figured she was looking up or receiving talking points.  She came out snarling after that. 

Edited by rollacoaster
Spelling matters :)
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

I don't get how Meghan thinks it so DIFFICULT to apply makeup and comb hair.  Forget the grey roots - she's talking about other women on TV looking polished, like their hair, makeup, and wardrobe were professionally done.  Women own hair products and irons, makeup, and some presentable clothing.   We've been able to go to job interviews, on dates, even get married, without professional help.  (yes, back in the day, everyone did their own hair and makeup for their wedding)   It's a choice - learn how to apply makeup, curl or straighten your hair, or skip it and say you're not doing it.  Just don't TALK about it endlessly, because people watching you on tv are dealing with problems much bigger than this.  

And -  look at youtube - there are videos about how to look your best on a video conferencing call, how to not look washed out or overly made-up, etc.  If you're not happy with how you appear on TV - learn!  

Why does Meghan whine about this topic?  Easy -  she goes on social media and complains, and she gets a ton of replies saying "You're a natural beauty!"  "You're so pretty!"  etc.  She lives for compliments, because she's so insecure about her appearance.   

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Why does Meghan whine about this topic?  Easy -  she goes on social media and complains, and she gets a ton of replies saying "You're a natural beauty!"  "You're so pretty!"  etc.  She lives for compliments, because she's so insecure about her appearance.   

I'm going to play armchair (keyboard?) psychologist and say maybe she doesn't get any compliments at home.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Per Missy “there is not a lot of representation outside of Fox News for conservatives.”  Heads up people.  Look into Sinclair Broadcast Group.  

Very good point. 

But of course this doesn't fit Meghan's "poor, put-upon Republicans" narrative.  (It's uncanny how they always somehow manage to play the victim, even if their party is in power and they're happy with them.)  

19 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Easy -  she goes on social media and complains, and she gets a ton of replies saying "You're a natural beauty!"  "You're so pretty!"  etc.  She lives for compliments, because she's so insecure about her appearance.

Or she gets compliments for being "vulnerable" (for showing her gray roots).

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Gee Meghan, I wasn’t aware that anyone is saying it’s now find the cure before we go back to work?  They’ve said it might not go away until there’s a vaccine but even cautious states like mine have a phased opening planned for June and July.  And Joy is right that congress can help those who are in great difficulty and democrats are trying to do that.  I’m not sure what MM is talking about...unless it’s a trump talking point that she’s repeating?

Bingo. 

• Love 8
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Per Missy “there is not a lot of representation outside of Fox News for conservatives.”  Heads up people.  Look into Sinclair Broadcast Group.  A conservative company that is buying tv stations all across the country.  They tried to buy Tribune and thankfully failed.  They have a conservative slant to their editorial style.  If you ever hear  “Sinclair cares”  during your local news broadcast, beware.  And their “Terror Alert Desk” segments, take with a giant grain of salt.  Rabble rousing.  They have insidiously amped up their rhetoric at the ABC station I watch out of Portland  but that is my hometown and I still like to see what is going on there.  But it is becoming almost unwatchable.  And I pay $50 a month for cable to watch this because Dish only carries Seattle stations.  May have to cut the cord but I hate to give up AM Northwest, I love the hostess, Helen.

Yes! We have one here in Boise, Idaho. They bought the station and kept the anchors that had been there forever so people trust them. They are terrible and people don't even realize what has happened. They hear this propaganda from anchors they know and trust so they believe this shit.

ETA: Also-there is Newsmax that spouts lies 24/7 available on regular tv around here.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

#TheView was trending on twitter with the overwhelming majority criticizing  Meghan

because of these remarks

Obviously everyone on the left has basically appointed President Obama as nothing short of a saint, and obviously I feel different, as most Republicans and conservatives do. I will say… the culture war that I believe is real and is raging in this country I believe was ushered in with his administration and then exacerbated in the Trump Administration. And if the election were held today, I do believe Trump would be re-elected and I think at a certain point, we have to start talking to each other in the middle, and we have to start talking about the faults on both sides because he was not a perfect president, and I don’t think perfect presidents would have ushered in the era of Trump.”

Meghan has made her career at the View be all about continuing this culture war she is complaining about.  She starts every sentence with "As a conservative."  "I'm being picked on because I'm conservative".  "Conservatives don't have a voice".  She is the one who is always talking about politics being tribal.  You don't hear the other co hosts talk like that.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

In addition to Sinclair, if you live in a deep red state, many of your local TV stations and most local newspapers have a definite conservative slant.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

#TheView was trending on twitter with the overwhelming majority criticizing  Meghan

because of these remarks

You know, just because Meghan chooses to "basically appoint" someone as a saint (you know who), doesn't mean other people think in those extreme terms.

At the end of her comment she said - 

he was not a perfect president, and I don’t think perfect presidents would have ushered in the era of Trump.”

Never mind that no one ever said Obama was a perfect president, is she implying that if we had had a different (more perfect?) president, that a President Trump wouldn't have happened?

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

I see that b&%*$face Meghan is back!  I really missed the eye-rolling moments, side eye, and head shaking, I would have thought that she left that back in the studio. Woop shut her down.  And, on what planet does she think that people are concerned about how conservatives, you know that she is a conservative, like her, feel? Can she bring down a room, or what?  I wasn't aware that there was soooo much criticism of their hair and  makeup.  In her own mind, maybe.

yes, she sucks the fun out of everything.

and there have been comments about everybody else's hair on the show, sonny's, joy's, and whoooopie's, not just hers,  but they didn't waste their time asking a guest about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, lusinia said:

At the end of her comment she said - 

Never mind that no one ever said Obama was a perfect president, is she implying that if we had had a different (more perfect?) president, that a President Trump wouldn't have happened?

I wonder who she could have had in mind? 🤔

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Rita looks better without makeup.  And I think more people have commented that Missy looks better with less makeup at home than with stage makeup.  She should stop trying so hard.  Less is more.  Her mother looks fantastic with grey hair; MM should embrace the grey and stop fighting it with 3 shades of blonde not found in nature.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 5/16/2020 at 1:56 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

He's impressed with himself more than all of us combined.  He's another one who needs to work behind the scenes.  ICK!   And those turbans and sparkly shoes!  Wait!  I think I like the sparkly shoes.

He's supposed to be doing his own talk show i think in the Fall. Not sure if thats still happn'n

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

About two years ago, Sinclair bought out my favorite local news channel, which is an NBC affiliate. It was the station my family always turned to for news since I was a child - they always had the best anchors, weather team, sportscasters, field reporters, investigative reporters, etc.  So as far back as I can remember (late 60s / ealry 70s) our news was always tuned to them for local news. Honestly, I never could tell if they were pro-liberal or pro-conservative, as they just delivered the news. In our market, they were always rated #1 - for decades. 

I switched over to their competitor (the CBS affiliate) and have stuck with them since. Apparently, thousands of viewers have because this station - which was a distant #2 in the ratings forever and ever - have taken the #1 spot since last summer. 

So in answer to MM, yes - there are stations out there aside from FOX appealing to conservative viewers. And I used my remote to change the channel and get away from it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, cinsays said:

and there have been comments about everybody else's hair on the show, sonny's, joy's, and whoooopie's, not just hers,  but they didn't waste their time asking a guest about it.

And "comments" hardly equal "flack".  Meghan apparently thinks people should say only positive things about her and hers.  The slightest negative remark wounds her. 

But Meghan doesn't seem to see any contradiction between how she thinks others should treat her and her being able to make some smart aleck remark on national tv about someone else. 

• Love 12

Joy looked odd on my tv today.  I know she was t wearing glasses but her face seemed rounder or something?  Was it my tv?  

no one has appointed Obama as a perfect president except you, MM, in order to tear him back down.  

• Love 9