Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/18/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Meghan had the chance to ask Rita a question of substance, and she decided to whine about being called out for being less than polished? REALLY? 

Rita looked so confused, and I loved her answer. She's a woman with her priorities in order. 

Dam this must have happened after preemption.   Oh uuuuutube...

I have to say, the one person i saw that deftly handled MM's stupid, blathering, 'whatcha say to that biach' questions...was Charlize Theron.

Charlize just gave an awesome answer that made it easy to understand, belittled no one, politely ask MM if thats what she meant.  I guess im saying thats what a true adult woooooooman is like.  Omg shot down in flames, with her woooooords.  And everyone got the point, no one was hurt, and everyone was a peer, an equal. 

She really made me a fan that day...MM...LOL, kidding of course, Charlize.  I want to be her when i grow up.  Please!  Run for President!!!  haha couldnt resist, but alas she cant.  Or maybe. Not sure if shes a full citizen.  I think shes from South Africa.  But has lived and worked here for decades.  

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Joy looked odd on my tv today.  I know she was t wearing glasses but her face seemed rounder or something?  Was it my tv?  

no one has appointed Obama as a perfect president except you, MM, in order to tear him back down.  

She looks refreshed. A lil more pep in her step.  Her hair has gotten very dark, but thats not a bad thing.  And shes wearing the bow in her hair.  Watch out Steve heeh she's feeling some kind of way!

• LOL 4
29 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

BTW, since I missed the telecast today, I hope at least one of you bought two of each item from  'View Your Deal' to send to me one,  so I can enjoy over-priced crap from today's show, too ! 😄

Hey guys! Haven't watched the show or commented in a long time. Working from home, I have it on in the background sometimes. 

I actually work for one of the companies featured on the show last week (beauty products). We are not tiny, but are considered a small business by industry standards. I think our prices are good, and we make high-quality products. Our warehouse is also doing AMAZING getting orders out on time. Just my two cents. A lot of the items on the morning shows are crap and overpriced (I've bought them). It's hit or miss. But I can vouch for the supporting small businesses claim. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Axie said:

Sunny’s sound is kind of echoey.  Yes that’s a real word.  Megaphone got cut off!

Shes dealing with those 10 foot vaulted ceilings

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Hey guys! Haven't watched the show or commented in a long time. Working from home, I have it on in the background sometimes. 

I actually work for one of the companies featured on the show last week (beauty products). We are not tiny, but are considered a small business by industry standards. I think our prices are good, and we make high-quality products. Our warehouse is also doing AMAZING getting orders out on time. Just my two cents. A lot of the items on the morning shows are crap and overpriced (I've bought them). It's hit or miss. But I can vouch for the supporting small businesses claim. 

I’ve bought several of the items they’ve featured and have been pleased with everything. Hope your company gets lots of orders. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3

Meagan is uncomfortable to watch.  She never smiles.  Something is going on.

Her comment about the guy who said he would rather take a chance on getting Covid and possibly dying than having to start his business over.  Really?  Death is PERMANENT, it's FOREVER.  A business can be rebuilt.  It's been done.

• Love 10

This is probably a horrible thing to say, but, fortunately, I’m a horrible person, so, I don’t care, but, remember when Meghan used to say she didn’t know if she ever wanted kids?  I’m kind of thinking she may not.  Something’s not right.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

You know, just because Meghan chooses to "basically appoint" someone as a saint (you know who), doesn't mean other people think in those extreme terms.

At the end of her comment she said - 

Never mind that no one ever said Obama was a perfect president, is she implying that if we had had a different (more perfect?) president, that a President Trump wouldn't have happened?

I love The View but don't post a ton on here compared to my silly reality boards because I find it tricker to discuss without breaking the rules. I am not discussing my personal politics, but if anyone notices I posted something problematic, please let me know asap and I'll edit.

Anyhow, I really wonder what Meghan's feelings about Obama would be if her father, who did no wrong in her eyes, did not lose the presidential election to him. I'm sure she thinks he could have prevented the current president. 

Whoopi handled Meghan beautifully. Good job Whoops! She put Megs in her place with pure class.

6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Obviously everyone on the left has basically appointed President Obama as nothing short of a saint, and obviously I feel different, as most Republicans and conservatives do. I will say… the culture war that I believe is real and is raging in this country I believe was ushered in with his administration and then exacerbated in the Trump Administration. And if the election were held today, I do believe Trump would be re-elected and I think at a certain point, we have to start talking to each other in the middle, and we have to start talking about the faults on both sides because he was not a perfect president, and I don’t think perfect presidents would have ushered in the era of Trump.”

Meghan has made her career at the View be all about continuing this culture war she is complaining about.  She starts every sentence with "As a conservative."  "I'm being picked on because I'm conservative".  "Conservatives don't have a voice".  She is the one who is always talking about politics being tribal.  You don't hear the other co hosts talk like that.

I have a coworker who reminds me so much of Meghan. Constantly talking about the culture war and why can't we all just get along, meanwhile he's the most angry, argumentative person in the office and can make what we're having for lunch political. He also loathes the former president. He and Meghan should be besties. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, Axie said:

This is probably a horrible thing to say, but, fortunately, I’m a horrible person, so, I don’t care, but, remember when Meghan used to say she didn’t know if she ever wanted kids?  I’m kind of thinking she may not.  Something’s not right.

I wonder about that. Both pregnancies were a "surprise" according to her. Do conservative women not know how babies are made?

Her mood seems even more unhappy than usual lately with the shows being filmed outside of the studio.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, ThePurpleArcher said:

Thank Heavens we get another chance at 'View Your Deal' on Monday ! How in the world did they expect us to survive over the weekend without knowing where we can find  bed linens for half off the retail price of $1,500 or an ice cream maker for half off its regular price of $300?  Then there's the beautiful $800 summer handbag that has a $400 matching beach tote, and a $300 one-size fits all bathing suit to match the $100 beach blanket ! And let's not forget that $1200 juicer to complete our summer stay-cation! 

Thankfully, half their viewers passed up on making that mortgage and car payment this weekend just to buy more stuff, and the other half will put themselves in a lifetime of debt and bad credit by putting this crap on their credit cards.

Everyone posts hate for the View Your Deal segments. I like them. I've been able to pick up a few things from brands that were on my radar but out of my budget until appearing on the segment. 

Edited by leftlane
  • Love 7

Watching Megan today was the straw. Meghan's not smart, kind, funny, informative, entertaining or anything but a delusional bitch on this show. Life's too short to watch episodes that include her.--Me, from now on.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

"Who in their right mind told Sunny to wear her wedding dress today ?" 

She looked absolutely ridiculous to be wearing frilly white lace on a Monday morning in May. 

This needs to be repeated, so I take on the job!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Axie said:

I have to admit I have not been watching every show, so I might have missed it.   But, I've been wondering the same thing.  Most pregnant women, especially when they're past their early 20's, focus on their thoughts about the baby, not their weight gain, hair, and other aspects of their appearance.  I remember being diligent about vitamins, and getting enough protein,  reading everything I could about fetal development, about newborns' needs, etc.  Even doing research on the best carseat, reading reviews of pediatricians, getting READY for this new human.   Yes, something is not quite right.  

• Love 14

I think Meghan's the type that looks for stuff to complain about tbh. I don't think her attitude means she's upset about her pregnancy. Her disposition has actually seemed better for the most part. Today was more classic Meghan however. 

• Love 7

I remember a couple of months ago Meghan was calling Trump's racist rhetoric "effective" and now she's blaming Obama for a culture war that 1) far predates him, and 2) was undeniably linked to his status as the first black president. 

So I guess today made it clear she does not have an issue with appeals to racism for political purposes as long as it's in support of her political identity.  

• Love 20

MeAgain was surly as usual.  Then she said that people under 35 have no trust in the media (according to her, largest demo that doesn't trust the press).  And then she said, that is because there is not a lot of representation for conservatives and Repubs and Trump supporters, outside of Fox News.  

So is her hypothesis that young people have no faith in the media = they are Fox News viewers?

I am pretty sure that is not Fox News demographic, MeAgain.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow, you can bet Meg will be in a lather today, what with people calling her out as being kinda racist.

Or she won't show up for work.  Evasion is one of her over-used tactics.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

So in answer to MM, yes - there are stations out there aside from FOX appealing to conservative viewers. And I used my remote to change the channel and get away from it. 

What Meghan wants is what is considered mainstream media to be conservative. But news organizations shouldn't be biased either way.  Fox News for years claimed to be "entertainment" so they wouldn't be accused of being a biased news organization.  

And for me there is a difference between news and media.  NY Times and Washington Post and pretty much any newspaper along with TV news organizations are news. Buzzfeed and online sites and shows like the View are the media.

Also not everyone agrees with what they consider to be "fake news".  People usually think what they don't want to acknowledge to be true is fake news.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wow, you can bet Meg will be in a lather today, what with people calling her out as being kinda racist.

She can try to defend herself all she wants but actions speak louder than words.  You are known by the company you keep.

• Love 11
(edited)

I agree with Joy: either Trump is lying or his doctor is making him think he's on that stuff and just giving him placebos. Because if he really was taking it and the side effects were that severe, combined with the fact that he's already unhealthy...well, we might find out for sure soon.

Meg, most of us aren't dumb or desperate enough to want to take medicine that might not work just to get out, but you do you.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I agree with Joy: either Trump is lying or his doctor is making him think he's on that stuff and just giving him placebos.

Either way that is  dangerous. Not to Trump but for this country.  People are going to think it's keeping him  healthy and want to take it and will most likely have side effects or waste it when it can be used for someone who truly needs it.

• Love 22

Meghan: Blink. Blink. Blink. Blink. 
Shoulder pads?? The irritating glasses are back. I’m no makeup guru but it looks like an odd shade of under eye highlighter/concealer. Sort of yellow? The glasses frame acts like a border between the blush and her eyes and that’s all I see. “Blah, blah, blah. I know I sound crazy.”

”Marriage on acid.” (????)

I’m in upstate New York, so I get half an hour of the show until Governor Cuomo comes on. Half an hour is plenty.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Uh....Joy wasn't laughing when Meghan told her to stop.

She may not be taking hydroxychloroquine, but Meghan must have taken something for her mood.  She hasn't smiled this much in weeks (months?)  This happens every once in a while, where she's inexplicably super-happy. 

• Love 5
(edited)

“God fearing good tax paying Americans” with intimidating assault weapons and confederate flags. Did she just call them very fine people?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13

He is my congressman, unfortunately.  Came in under the Tea Party movement.  Remember ed for making an a%& of himself comparing the ACA to Pearl Harbor in front of the Capitol.  He has joined our County in a lawsuit, with the County Commissioners and other prominent Repubs. in suing Gov. Wolf, and have asked the residents to donate to offset the cost of the lawsuit.  Talk about chutzpa!  We are a depressed area with many problems, and this is why we get form our politicians.

And we are at yellow, now.  Did he forget to mention this?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

"Culture war!"  

28 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I agree with Joy: either Trump is lying or his doctor is making him think he's on that stuff and just giving him placebos.

I was watching Nicolle Wallace's show when the news broke, and she and her panel were not taking what Trump said at face value.  

Like you, I also had the thought that maybe his doctors were giving him a placebo, just to placate him.

11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

“God fearing good tax paying Americans” with intimidating assault weapons and confederate flags. Did she just call them fine people?

Yep.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain was surly as usual.  Then she said that people under 35 have no trust in the media (according to her, largest demo that doesn't trust the press).  And then she said, that is because there is not a lot of representation for conservatives and Repubs and Trump supporters, outside of Fox News.  

So is her hypothesis that young people have no faith in the media = they are Fox News viewers?

I am pretty sure that is not Fox News demographic, MeAgain.

I know this is from yesterday's show, but Meghan made a huge mistake here.   If statistics show that one age group is less likely than another to trust the media -  that does NOT mean that they have NO trust in the press.  It could also mean that they are more discriminating in what they listen to.   It's hard to rate "trust in the media" when there are so many different view points on "the media".  If I say I trust the media, am I saying I trust what I choose to listen to?  or am I also including the Rush Limbaugh show that is no when I visit my dad's house?  

It's just another example of when this show, and not only Meghan, find a statistic, and then extrapolate to make it say something different. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

It's just another example of when this show, and not only Meghan, find a statistic, and then extrapolate to make it say something different. 

Meghan loves to find things that align with whatever narrative she is pushing at the time.  

Just because someone doesn't believe what Fox News says doesn't mean they will also distrust the NY Times. And vice versa. If someone doesn't believe what CNN says that doesn't mean they won't believe the Wall Street Journal.  Most people (hopefully) are smart enough to discriminate between what is an unbiased news report and partisan propaganda.

• Love 10

Meghan;"I know I sound crazy"

Finally-an admission.

Also she is willing to lose her hair so she can go outside? I thought she wanted to go outside so she could color her hair. Girl-go ahead get a damn wig and take the drug.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Nutty looked like she fell face first into a vat of neon pink blusher.   

Did she honestly say she'd consider taking hydroxychloroquine just to be able to get out of the house????   Does she even remember that she's pregnant??   And if she's feeling the pinch now, wait till the baby shows up and really cramps her style.   We ain't seen nothin' yet.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

And if she's feeling the pinch now, wait till the baby shows up and really cramps her style.   We ain't seen nothin' yet.

LOL every time I think about Meghan being pregnant, I remember Meredith on The Office telling Pam that she is going to hate being a mother.

• LOL 5
7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

And if she's feeling the pinch now, wait till the baby shows up and really cramps her style.   We ain't seen nothin' yet.

She will probably have a nanny. I don't see her being hands on at all.  From what I have seen she does not have a maternal bone in her body. And considering how disinterested she acts concerning her pregnancy I doubt that will change once the baby is here.

I'm still trying to figure out how she goes from being adamant about not wanting kids to being pregnant, having a miscarriage and becoming pregnant again all within 15 months. And not really talking about it at all. Unless it's to get attention or play the victim.  She has talked more about the Real Housewives than she has about either pregnancy and the miscarriage.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She will probably have a nanny.

I would agree, except that right now, that's not possible.  Not unless they have a live-in nanny. 

Maybe that's one reason she doesn't seem to be looking forward to this baby.  Childcare is going to be all on her and her husband.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She will probably have a nanny. I don't see her being hands on at all.  From what I have seen she does not have a maternal bone in her body. And considering how disinterested she acts concerning her pregnancy I doubt that will change once the baby is here.

I'm still trying to figure out how she goes from being adamant about not wanting kids to being pregnant, having a miscarriage and becoming pregnant again all within 15 months. And not really talking about it at all. Unless it's to get attention or play the victim.  She has talked more about the Real Housewives than she has about either pregnancy and the miscarriage.

Completely agree.   And 'disinterested' describes her attitude perfectly.   

None of this is playing out according to the fantasy island script she had in her head.   She was going to show up at the table everyday; everyone would ooh and ahh over her pregnancy glow and expanding girth.   She'd get to bitch and moan about leg cramps and stretch marks and acid reflux like she was the only pregnant woman on earth, and now......this.   A pandemic world, pandemic topics, can't go out and be SEEN and adored.   And we got a glimpse into the Nutty household when she said being quarantined 24/7 with her husband was like marriage on acid.  Now that I can imagine.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

LOL every time I think about Meghan being pregnant, I remember Meredith on The Office telling Pam that she is going to hate being a mother.

And every time I think of Meghan being pregnant, I think of this

ad8ab81b581f34b24b699d26880a7b773c8a63b7cc9c7fbd35c33f450b7caa28.png.030c6f16e5bfc8a8d4dc28ee2f976599.png

• LOL 18

So MM is happy she's married to someone she can talk about the news with?  She made it sound like that's all they talk about.   I sincerely hope that's not true.  What boring and depressing conversations they must have.

I generally love cranky Joy,  but it was pretty rude of Joy, to call the Congressman stupid for taking hydrocloriquine.  Now if Sunny had called him stupid for calling his Anglo Saxon self a person of color I'd have no objection 😀 He took the drug because his doctor prescribed it and at the time when he was sick with it, the jury was still out on whether it was effective.  Anyone with "means" was probably given the drug.  

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I would agree, except that right now, that's not possible.  Not unless they have a live-in nanny. 

Maybe that's one reason she doesn't seem to be looking forward to this baby.  Childcare is going to be all on her and her husband.

She is super rich,  or her family is. 

She will definitely have a nanny vetted by fam.

• Love 6
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

And every time I think of Meghan being pregnant, I think of this

ad8ab81b581f34b24b699d26880a7b773c8a63b7cc9c7fbd35c33f450b7caa28.png.030c6f16e5bfc8a8d4dc28ee2f976599.png

That poor child who posed for this photo will forever be labeled an asshole.

Meg will have a nanny before you can say “beer heiress.”  Can you imagine how she’ll talk to that baby?  All about news and politics and culture wars?

Yeah, Joy was a little rough on the congressman for taking the drug. He was already infected with covid and under a doc’s care, not taking it prophylactically. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, After7Only said:

He took the drug because his doctor prescribed it and at the time when he was sick with it, the jury was still out on whether it was effective.

Yeah, I was surprised at Joy, too.  She probably missed or forgot that this happened way back in March.

• Love 5

My take-away from today's episode:

Rebecca Jarvis is  telling people to prioritize their debt, and try to pay what you must for the next few months - year. Call your bank and ask them to work with you on your mortgage payments, ask your landlord for help on your rent, etc.  Many people just may not be going back to the job they had in February - ever. 

Question for Ms. Jarvis: 

Where does the daily 'View Your Deal' fit into  'prioritizing ones budget '?  Shall we dive into our 401Ks,  and keep buying over-priced face creams and skin moisturizers to keep the small businesses afloat?  Should we add more to our credit card debt to buy Oprah's favorite  products, even though we're asking for debt forbearance in the first place ? 

This is what the show doesn't get right - at all. They're telling people on a regular basis to be careful with their finances during these turbulent times, and spend conservatively to keep a roof over your head.  Then they push this stuff on a daily basis, obviously to profit off each sale available to viewers - who they're cautioning. 

It's like having a doctor telling your viewers every day to watch what they eat, eat only healthy foods you cook for yourselves, stay away from processed foods and fried foods, etc.  And then offering your viewers to buy a $100 gift card to Cracker Barrel Restaurants for only $50. Just a bit too crazy. 

• Love 8