Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/18/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

With Sunny’s background in prosecuting sex crimes I’m sure she means women have to be believed enough to investigate, not dismissed just because a man denies the incident. 

I agree.  I think Sunny is always an attorney first and looks at everything from a legal standpoint.

• Love 8
(edited)

I enjoy Joy and think she is an attractive woman but her hair and makeup has been terribly off lately. I'd love to see her with softer makeup and different hair. JMO.

And someone needs to coach Meghan on her chronic snarl. What a miserable beyotch.

Edited by sauce62
Because Meghan.
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

I enjoy Joy and think she is an attractive woman but her hair and makeup has been terribly off lately. I'd love to see her with softer makeup and different hair. JMO.

You realize that she is in quarantine and doing her own hair and makeup, right? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 5/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, ThePurpleArcher said:

"Who in their right mind told Sunny to wear her wedding dress today ?" 

She looked absolutely ridiculous to be wearing frilly white lace on a Monday morning in May. 

This needs to be repeated, so I take on the job!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Sunny has changed her tune. She now says that she has been of the mentality that we should listen to all women. But this has not always been the case...

at the beginning of the video
Joy: So do we have to believe all women?

Sunny: I'd like to believe all women.

Joy: You'd like to, but do we have to?
Sunny: I think we do

video continues...Sara makes an argument for listening to all women, not necessarily believing all women.

Sunny: Statistically, you'd find that most women do not lie about sexual harassment or assault.

I wonder if Sunny sees things differently now because of certain recent events.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I listen to women. If there is no evidence then I form an opinion on what I do know about the allegations.  My opinion does not matter. But if I was on a jury then my opinion would matter.

Yes, listening is the key. As women for years were silenced. When a woman can get her story told that helps and possibly get justice. I always thought that it was listening to her story and not just shutting it down. Because "he's rich, your husband,  he was just flirting" Believing no matter what seems unhealthy and not productive. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

You realize that she is in quarantine and doing her own hair and makeup, right? 

Yes, i do. And I'd love to see her change her makeup and hair. (No headbands).

Edited by sauce62
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Haleth said:

With Sunny’s background in prosecuting sex crimes I’m sure she means women have to be believed enough to investigate, not dismissed just because a man denies the incident. 

Then she should have relented when Sara countered with her opinion that women should be heard out, listened to, and given due process. 

But, alas, she's changed her opinion now.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Well, of course Trump doesn’t want people to vote by mail. It benefits Democrats. 

But that’s the thing, it really doesn’t. I can’t cite the source but Nicolle was talking about this yesterday and said studies show it’s not true. And as Meg (of all people) finally brought up, there are several states that are only vote by mail. They’ve made it work. 

• Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

But that’s the thing, it really doesn’t. I can’t cite the source but Nicolle was talking about this yesterday and said studies show it’s not true. And as Meg (of all people) finally brought up, there are several states that are only vote by mail. They’ve made it work. 

Yeah, I know what study you’re talking about, it just looks like requests for mail-in ballots have been at an all-time high based on what I’ve read. Nebraska had a record-high 400,000 mail-in ballots alone. That’s a massive number. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Well, of course Trump doesn’t want people to vote by mail. It benefits Democrats. 

3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

What mail in voting would do (hopefully) is increase turn out. More people would vote. That is what scares Republicans. There wouldn't be voter ID regulations to disenfranchise voters.

• Love 21
(edited)
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

What mail in voting would do (hopefully) is increase turn out. More people would vote. That is what scares Republicans. There wouldn't be voter ID regulations to disenfranchise voters.

I read an article the other day about how there are a massive number of people requesting absentee ballots in certain places. Nearly 400,000 voters have requested them in Indianapolis for their upcoming primary. I just personally think it’s a possible sign of what’s to come should more states move to voting by mail in November. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I read an article the other day about how there are a massive number of people requesting absentee ballots in certain places. Nearly 400,000 voters have requested them in Indianapolis for their upcoming primary. I just personally think it’s a possible sign of what’s to come should more states move to voting by mail in November. 

In my state (WV) absentee ballots were sent to everyone without having to request one. It was nice and a positive sign for November.  

• Love 10
(edited)

"Existential" twice, and two friends mentioned, all in the same answer, one of those friends being simply "Vanessa".

Thank goodness Yvette will be on tomorrow.  I was afraid she wasn't going to be on at all.

A federal judge just ruled Monday in my state, Texas, that fear of catching the virus qualifies as a disability, which is one of the three reasons you're normally able to request an absentee ballot (the other two are for being out of the area during voting, or being 65 or over). 

He had this wonderful line in his ruling, that voters should “have the option to choose voting by letter carrier versus voting with disease carriers.”  Hopefully, the ruling will hold up.

There was also something in the Washington Post this week that said Democrats aren't more likely to vote by mail than Republicans.  I wonder if Republicans are just doing their usual contrarian thing since it's something Democrats support.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but thankfully Whoopi brought it up again...

I really think Whoopi is confusing the term bougie with lazy.

I’m glad someone brought this up. She keeps using the word wrong and it’s annoying lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Trump is putting this out there so that if he loses (hopefully) in November there will be mistrust from his followers in the results. When I look at these armed crazies marching right now over having to wear masks and social distancing.....I shudder to imagine how they’ll behave if he loses then  Right Wing media spew that it was voter fraud.   Watching from Canada....and very nervous because I am seeing that attitude seep up here!

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, sandymck said:

I think Trump is putting this out there so that if he loses (hopefully) in November there will be mistrust from his followers in the results. When I look at these armed crazies marching right now over having to wear masks and social distancing.....I shudder to imagine how they’ll behave if he loses then  Right Wing media spew that it was voter fraud.   Watching from Canada....and very nervous because I am seeing that attitude seep up here!

Bingo. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan is so apoplectic about not being able to bleach her hair- are pregnant women supposed to color their hair anyway?

Forget the hair, she should tape and watch the show to see her makeup...the eye shadow thing and heavy blusher aren’t working that well.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

In my state (WV) absentee ballots were sent to everyone without having to request one. It was nice and a positive sign for November.  

I live in WV too. (Hi neighbor.) I did not receive a ballot. I received an application to request an absentee ballot. I sent the completed application in and then I received the actual ballot which I haven't yet completed because I'm still researching the candidates.

• Love 2

Observations from today's show:

1. Meghan didn't take offense that the ladies were talking about their appearances - especially their hair. I can't keep up with her - one day she's ripping people to shreds for mentioning appearances, the next she's laughing and in total agreement as though she's at a slumber party. Which is it Meghan? When you pick a side of the argument, let us know. 

2. I like Chuck Schumer. I always have and I always will. But multiple segments of Schumer in one episode proves less is more with him - and he wears out his welcome quickly. At this point, all the politicians coming on are giving their take on COVID 19, and what needs to be done next to end this pandemic which has closed down our country. Of course, there is no answer (and who knows whether we will get one or not). After two months, these political segments have proven laborious  for the guest, and exhausting to the viewer. Let's skip them for a long while. 

3. I'm tired of them all kissing Whoopi's ass. Today Sunny pulled out a photo of Whoopi from the TV movie she filmed last winter, as though it was a surprise to everyone when in fact it wasn't - least of all Whoopi. No one had a 'surprised' look on their face - especially not Whoopi. Ridiculous. 

OK, that's my rant for today. Who knows whether I will watch tomorrow, since Fridays are usually recorded the day before and we usually have to suffer with Adam Glassman for 'View Your Deal' at the end.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yeah-Whoopi seemed to get upset that Sunny said she didn't look like a 109 year old woman that she looked like Whoopi. Every exchange between them seems to get uncomfortable. 

I noticed that - here's Sunny kissing her ass, but somehow she managed to screw that up as well. I believe she was only giving Whoopi a compliment, but Whoopi took it as an insult to her 'professional portrayal'.  Go figure. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yeah-Whoopi seemed to get upset that Sunny said she didn't look like a 109 year old woman that she looked like Whoopi. Every exchange between them seems to get uncomfortable. 

It amazes me that Whoopi can find an insult in a compliment when it comes from Sunny. Sunny bends over backwards trying to get along with her, and that's keeping in mind all the dumb things we know Sunny knows Whoopi says on a daily basis. Meanwhile look at how McCain speaks to Joy with undisguised (and feral) hatred, and Whoopi doesn't bat an eyelash about it. I think that's kind of shitty of Whoopi, tbh, not that I have a great opinion of her since the season Rosie O'Donnell was on the panel with her. I guess if it was me and I was friends with someone, as she says she's a close friend with Joy, no way could I sit there while someone talks that way to them and not shut that mess down real quick. I don't think I could contain myself if that was being done to someone I barely even knew really. I'm sure TPTB have probably scared them all off from going up against McCain, and yet Whoopi has never shied away from running people off this show before who did nothing like that in comparison. Sunny's a better friend to Joy, imo. You can tell whenever McCain does it that the next thing Sunny says, you can hear in her voice that she is ready to throw down.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I’m glad someone brought this up. She keeps using the word wrong and it’s annoying lol. 

No, she's using it correctly. She's un-apologetically wealthy and lives a high maintenance lifestyle. She's saying she prefers paying people to do things for her like cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It amazes me that Whoopi can find an insult in a compliment when it comes from Sunny. Sunny bends over backwards trying to get along with her

Sunny needs to QUIT!  It's uncomfortable watching her try to get Whoopi's approval, Whoopi's love, Whoopi's acknowledgment.  It's not going to happen.

Sunny, for some reason Whoopi doesn't like you (it could be jealousy; we don't know).  Stop laughing at Whoopi's comments that aren't funny (your face glows with insincerity).  Stop sucking up.  We are all embarrassed for you.  Just give up and move on.  Everyone doesn't have to like you...and Whoopi doesn't care.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Sunny needs to QUIT!  It's uncomfortable watching her try to get Whoopi's approval, Whoopi's love, Whoopi's acknowledgment.  It's not going to happen.

Sunny, for some reason Whoopi doesn't like you (it could be jealousy; we don't know).  Stop laughing at Whoopi's comments that aren't funny (your face glows with insincerity).  Stop sucking up.  We are all embarrassed for you.  Just give up and move on.  Everyone doesn't have to like you...and Whoopi doesn't care.

I think it's called smart self-preservation.

Maybe taking the high road.

Maybe sucking up.

Maybe also a bit of fucking with Whoops to get her riled up also...heh. 

Sunny is making sure that she won't have anything on record  to be worried or /criticized about about where Whoopi is concerned.

Props to Sunny for keeping her cool . She has got to know that Whoops is threatened by her smarts, beauty, family, success, friends, success, and career trajectory as an intelligent force to be reckoned with in a fair fight.  Sure Whoops has success, but she can't articulate to save her life.  Plus fam hangers on are an embarrassment. 

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Really boring show today.

Glad I didn't get up for the 9:00 a.m. show.  I was laying in bed, it's raining & I thought, "Oh hell, I'll catch the 11:00 a.m. show."  I'm happy I came here first.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I think it's called smart self-preservation.

Maybe taking the high road.

Maybe sucking up.

I agree, Tosia, but Sunny needs some lessons from a seasibed professional so she's not so OBVIOUS.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I agree, Tosia, but Sunny needs some lessons from a seasibed professional so she's not so OBVIOUS.

Whoopi still gets sucked in.

Maybe it's a joke between Sunny and us (the audience). 

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Whoopie has always been a bitch to Sunny.  It is nothing new, Whoopis always singles out somebody on the panel to hate for some bizarre reason. I wish that Sunny would not try  so hard to get her approval.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Wow!!  Four (4) segments with Senator Tim Scott!!!???

Three too many. (I’ll give him one in the name of listening to differing opinions.)

• Love 10
17 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It amazes me that Whoopi can find an insult in a compliment when it comes from Sunny. Sunny bends over backwards trying to get along with her, and that's keeping in mind all the dumb things we know Sunny knows Whoopi says on a daily basis. Meanwhile look at how McCain speaks to Joy with undisguised (and feral) hatred, and Whoopi doesn't bat an eyelash about it. I think that's kind of shitty of Whoopi, tbh, not that I have a great opinion of her since the season Rosie O'Donnell was on the panel with her. I guess if it was me and I was friends with someone, as she says she's a close friend with Joy, no way could I sit there while someone talks that way to them and not shut that mess down real quick. I don't think I could contain myself if that was being done to someone I barely even knew really. I'm sure TPTB have probably scared them all off from going up against McCain, and yet Whoopi has never shied away from running people off this show before who did nothing like that in comparison. Sunny's a better friend to Joy, imo. You can tell whenever McCain does it that the next thing Sunny says, you can hear in her voice that she is ready to throw down.

You nailed the first part with Sunny.  Ive had the same kind of issues with a particular woman at work who was above me.  I tried so hard, even the whole laugh thing!  I did it!  Oh the shammmmmmme heh.  Im telling Sunny its time.  Shut it down girl!  For awhile you need to treat her civilly like a coworker,  but thats it.  Cold shoulder all the way.  Turned out to be much better for both of us, but we definitely arent buddies, but have a good time at company functions. I dont know if Sunny is looking for a friend...she was on i think GMA this week and while waiting to be called she just had this face which looked so sad. Or mad. Miserable.  Hell i dont know but she was lost in deep thought about something.  But you gotta do it Sunny, boom shut her out. But civilly lol.  And you dont have to explain anything to her. To be honest she probably wont even notice the difference.  This is mostly for your own peace of mind 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Note to ABC: Never skip the chemistry test again.

Yeah - No Joy  No Ana, No Yvette-7 minutes in-click off.

The show has been boring for a while now, period.  A constant discussion of somber and repetitive topics, a lack of humor and Meghan's temperamental, sourpuss attitude has created a show that is boring as hell. 

Concerning Ana, I don't get why she's only been on the show once or twice since this pandemic.  She is sorely missed.  And a day w/o Joy goes without saying.  She brings the fun and the laughs.  

• Love 20

MeAgain doesn't want to make Biden's Veep pick about her but then makes it about her.  She also reveals that she refused to do a chemistry test with the other hosts and got hired anyway.  Touting that as some kind of success?

And then she also compared his process to that of her father's.  Not making it about her at all.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Really boring show today.

To say the very least. It was like watching wall paper peel. If I wanted to watch a boring talk show, I'd DVR 'The Talk' each day. It's now become a 'chore' to watch this show, rather than 'a pleasure'.  I'd have even taken Andrew Glassman pushing Oprah's crap in one of the dull Tim Scott interview segments. 

As for Meghan saying she didn't get the job the first time around because "she wouldn't do a chemistry test" is not true at all. The truth was everywhere when they were auditioning that season and it has nothing to do with what she claims. I wish Whoopie would have called her out on that. Can't say more. 

Edited by ThePurpleArcher
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8