Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The Pleasure Principle

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, SG11 said:

As this show has spiraled into an awful lot of disappointing fakeness, I’m most interested in more details on Lana.

Lots of "juicy" details on Lana on the couples page which I sincerely doubt will ever be addressed on the Tell All. 

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You know- (ignoring the creepiness of the way Varya showed up to Geoffrey’s house), the way she behaved in the airport and in the taxi, displayed a giddiness we hadn’t seen before. Lead me to believe that she was acting (badly) and this was a producer arrangement. When Geoffrey opened the door for her, he seemed awkward too. I can believe he knew production was coming so he would be home, but Mary (isn’t that the ladies name?) sounded legit surprised. 

The entire thing screams producer shenanigans.  

This now looking like a TLC Badly Acted Lifetime Movie about obsession, lust, international intrique.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, SG11 said:

Lanas age just isn’t a thing. She was a model when she took pictures for the sites. She said she was 21 then. She was probably 26. Now she’s in her 30s. Whatever. That’s the girl in those pics.

ITA. Lana was probably in her mid to late 20s when she put her photos of her 20 year old self up on the dating sites 7 years ago. Even then the photos weren't necessarily taken recently. David obviously sent her old photos, too. PI Sergey is correct, the photos were on dating sites. 

What I think happened was that after paying to chat with her for years, David came to the Ukraine to meet her four times and she had an excuse or just didn't show up each time, but then after PI Sergey "found" her, (via an easy internet search that anyone could do) Sharp convinced her to stage a meeting with David and paid her for it. When asked why she hadn't met him at the cafe, she kind of shrugged and said, "I changed my mind." I think she "changed it back" when she was offered money to appear on camera. Maybe David never went back to the US and returned again, he just stayed there for a couple of extra days filming. 

In the previews, he asks her if she would go back to his hotel room with him. I would love it if she said, "Not until we go horseback riding and bowling like you promised!" 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You know- (ignoring the creepiness of the way Varya showed up to Geoffrey’s house), the way she behaved in the airport and in the taxi, displayed a giddiness we hadn’t seen before. Lead me to believe that she was acting (badly) and this was a producer arrangement. When Geoffrey opened the door for her, he seemed awkward too. I can believe he knew production was coming so he would be home, but Mary (isn’t that the ladies name?) sounded legit surprised. 

I think it's producer shenanigans.  But I wish that they would stop trying to normalize this behavior.  As a poster upthread said, it's just not a good look.  

Nothing about varya made me think that she was the type to do this sort of thing.  I don't believe her personality did this 180.  Her friends hate him, her family hates him and he is out of the country.  Even desperate Darcy managed to steer clear of Tom. 

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

After the failed meeting at the restaurant, she wouldn't respond to him, even on the paid site.  She never talked to him off the paid site.  He has no social media accounts for lana, he doesn't have Lana's email, he doesn't have her address.  He maybe has the address of a candy shop she likes?  I'm not entirely sure he even knows what city she lives in.  

He decided that he had to force a meeting with her because she wouldn't talk to him.  He knew she didn't want to talk to him.  Instead of saying "hey, she doesn't want to talk to me, lemme pack it in" he tried to force her to meet him in person to "teach her a lesson" because be was "owed a meeting"

Creepy stalker.  

I do agree that David is creepy and that his determination to track Lana down was obsessive for sure.  I do think that there was a message after the failed meeting at the restaurant (but I could be wrong.  Half the time the show is on in the background while I'm doing other things.)  And I agree:  to anyone who is not delusional it should have been clear that it was time for David to cut his losses and move on but the purpose of the site is to extract money  and so it would keep sending messages.  And we have seen that David believes whatever fits his version of reality--the facts be damned.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Good for Rosemarie leaving. Hell if I were in her shoes I would have taken everything from that room that I could carry and make Mayo pay the bill!

at the very least she could have taken that plush hotel robe and cleaned out the mini bar

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I believe when we first "met" Lisa she said something about Usman having asked her to marry him but she was waiting until she got to Nigeria for the official proposal. What a romantic! 

Wait until she gets a load of that ring!

I feel bad for Usman, but more so than any other participant, he knows exactly what he is walking into.  

This is authentic Lisa and so he knows what he will be getting in the US.  I hope he can find a good community of people to support and help him if he gets here.  

Frankly, if I were him, I'd be happy to be a big fish in my little pond.  Keep sexting BGL from a different continent and keep taking her money until the well runs dry.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

I do agree that David is creepy and that his determination to track Lana down was obsessive for sure.  I do think that there was a message after the failed meeting at the restaurant (but I could be wrong.  Half the time the show is on in the background while I'm doing other things.)  And I agree:  to anyone who is not delusional it should have been clear that it was time for David to cut his losses and move on but the purpose of the site is to extract money  and so it would keep sending messages.  And we have seen that David believes whatever fits his version of reality--the facts be damned.

This is what surprised me.  Even "Lana" took pity and stopped messaging him and harvesting his American dollars.  

After the failed restaurant meet, the one where David gave himself a Darcy birdbath, I believe he couldn't make contact with Lana.  He was mad, he sent her messages, he saw her online, but she wouldn't respond. 

At this point, as I remember it, he decided that he knew she didn't want to talk to him, but he was going to track her down anyways. 

That's when he rented the car and he called his friend with the teeth who told him it was an awful idea, and he talked to Anya (I think) who also told him that the city "Lana" told him she lives in was dangerous and war torn with bad roads.

Nevertheless, he persisted. 

• Love 6

Anybody else notice the dark creepy pond right behind Geoffrey's house when he and his sons came home from the airport?

Hope Varya doesn't  "accidentally" drown after a skinny dipping swim some moonlit night during her 2 week vacay in Knoxtown...2 prime suspects...the ex con and his fall back girl...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Anybody else notice the dark creepy pond right behind Geoffrey's house when he and his sons came home from the airport?

I thought Geoffrey's entire estate was creepy! That pond must be full of snakes and a mosquito breeding ground

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

That's when he rented the car and he called his friend with the teeth

Dude needs a refund on those dentures.

49 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Old girlfriends' bodies weighed down with rocks......

He should mummify them and sell them to David.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't agree that anyone's "only option " is stalking.  She could have respected his decision not talk to her.  That is also a choice.  There is an option to accept that someone has made it clear that they don't want to talk to you and respect that. 

Lana made it clear she didn't want to talk to David and Geoffrey made it clear he didn't want to have any contact with varya.  The same way Darcy made it clear that she didn't want contact with tom

Respecting decisions that you don't like is an option.  Stalking is not an "only choice". Showing up on someone's doorstep when they have not asked you to be there, you haven't told them you'll be there, they haven't agreed for you to be there and you know damn well that they don't want you there because they have bee clear that they do not want to talk to you is never the "only choice" anyone has and I dont think I'll ever see that logic.  

It was creepy stalking when David did it, it was creepy stalking when Tom did it and it's creepy stalking when varya does it.  

If varya had blocked Geoffrey from contacting her but he felt he really made a mistake by cutting off the relationship completely in a tantrum, would anyone accept that his "only option" was to show up unannounced and uninvited to her house?  Would anyone call that a harmless and stupid mistake?  I know I wouldn't.  I'd call it creepy stalking.  

If someone is very clearly telling you NO and you decide that means "yes, green light and I should do what I want in spite of their feelings" that's not okay, it's not cute, it's not romantic, it's creepy.  There are very few exceptions and IMO this isn't one of them. 

ETA - dating or marrying a black person or any POC doesn't make them immune from being a racist, the same way having "a black friend" doesn't mean someone cannot be a racist.  

I think David is creepy. I think Lana is using him for the money.... she gets a cut from the agency I'm sure. A Varya I think is OK.  Changed her mind and she gave it a try.  Now if you turns her away, and she continues to do things, THAT is stalking!  I have been stalked, and I know what it is. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Having the worst stalker doesn't mean that another stalker is absolved of being a stalker. 

That girl from my sister Sam had a stalker who shot her, it doesn't mean that someone who doesn't shoot is somehow not a stalker.  Which is to say that the degree of offense doesn't matter, you can be an awful creepy stalker or you can be a mildly creepy stalker.  Either way, creepy stalker.   

There is a bright, clear line that separates stalkers from non-stalkers. 

If you know someone doesn't want to communicate with you, if they have not invited you over, consented to communication or a visit and you ignore all that and show up anyways.....you're a stalker. 

And it's treating another human being, with the same rights as you, as a mere object who doesn't warrant respect because what their wishes and rights are not as important as your own.  

Yeah, I'm not going to agree that anyone has the right to show up, knowing full well the other person does not want to see them.  

To me, if you know someone doesn't want to see you, if they have made that clear and you persist in showing up anyways......that's creepy stalker.  

In varyas case, it is arguably worse, because Geoffrey was very, very clear that the relationship was over.  Whether he was being a baby or not doesn't matter, he was clear.  He was even more clear when he blocked all forms of communication. 

She knew he didn't want anything more to do with her.  Instead of respecting his rights and wishes as an adult with equal rights to decide who he wants to interact with, she proceeded to get on a plane and force him to do something he has been very clear that he doesn't want to do.  

Disrespecting wishes that have been made crystal clear is hallmark creepy stalker.  Doesn't matter if it's a weirdo in a pleather duster, a nice Russian girl or a British wanker. 

ETA - there are exceptions, for like surprise birthday parties and interventions, etc.

Sorry. Misusing terms like stalker, rape and assault for dramatic effect simply cheapen what happens to real victims of real crimes.

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It absolutely does. Her entire affect and behavior is not the same girl that turned down his proposal. The clear producer influence hurts the show.

• Love 9
On 5/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, sasha206 said:

That's true.  They just didn't seem all that happy/excited to see the film crew either if they've been around enough they are comfortable with them! 

I think they had been there for awhile too, already filming, and told him to have the new girl over for filming so they could catch the surprise. 

But holy moly he didn't pull away at all when Varya was hugging and kissing him! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

ETA - dating or marrying a black person or any POC doesn't make them immune from being a racist, the same way having "a black friend" doesn't mean someone cannot be a racist.

I so agree.  And I will probably get flak for this but we ARE free to express our opinions:   People of color need to stop calling each other Ni**ers.   Many DON'T do that - but many do - and it's an ugly word no matter WHO is using it.    I loathe that word, along with the word c*nt (rhymes with hunt).  They're both vile and no one should call each other those words.  My opinion only.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I so agree.  And I will probably get flak for this but we ARE free to express our opinions:   People of color need to stop calling each other Ni**ers.   Many DON'T do that - but many do - and it's an ugly word no matter WHO is using it.    I loathe that word, along with the word c*nt (rhymes with hunt).  They're both vile and no one should call each other those words.  My opinion only.

I wonder what kind of world it would be if we all went around calling each other baby loves?

6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Geoffrey's thought bubble..."She flew all the way from Russia to Knoxville to see me!"

What is that line from the Grinch where his heart grew three sizes?  Except in this case it's his ego.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, antfitz said:

Did Stephanie ever sleep with Erica?  It seemed like a lot of talk and no action to me.

No, never.  After that first time they fell into the bathtub after the hot kiss, Stephanie said she "didn't feel comfortable" and "had a lot to process" and "needed understanding" and "I'm sick you know".  They never even so much as held hands after that.  Not even a chaste Duggar side hug, lol.

• Love 6

I would punch you, closed fist to your throat if you called me Bibbie Luv....

3 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

What is that line from the Grinch where his heart grew three sizes?  Except in this case it's his ego.

His peen inflates and got rock hard....

• LOL 6
On 5/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, Callaphera said:

So which one is going to end up in his murder basement: Varya or PICK ME! PICK ME! Mary?

Two women enter, two women leave... in pieces in garbage bags to float down the river. 

YIKES!!  What a thought.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

I wonder what kind of world it would be if we all went around calling each other baby loves?

That's gross too - but at least it's not offensive!  lol

• LOL 2
On 5/18/2020 at 2:47 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Lana is like Seinfeld’s date, the one that only looked good in certain light.  She appeared softer, younger in the cafe scenes, even though it was close ups.  But the Lana that walked up to David in cold light of day ... yikes ten years older! Lighting is everything as the movie stars say.

Doesn’t Usman realize it’s going to be ten times worse in America?  He can’t run to mummy.  

Strongly agree on both points.  I'm still not convinced the Lana we met is the same woman who is in the photos, although it looks like the real Lana does work hard on her figure.  If it is the same woman, she's fudging the facial appearance in some way to look younger, if not prettier.  But if she makes David happy enough to get his toupee off my screen, then I'm happy, too.

Don't forget that Usman is a successful rap star at home, and even if BGL treats him badly here, all is not lost if they break up.  We have been led to believe that he has a career going on, and although he believes it will be a bigger career in the US, we know better.  It's not only Mommy he won't have for comfort if he comes over here.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

He did seem shady when he responded!

(of Mary's reaction to Geoffrey's vow that he wasn't communicating with Varya)  Mary did not believe him.  That was the sidest side eye I've ever seen sided.

The arrival at Geoff's wilderness hut, otoh, seemed to me to be completely staged, right up to Mary's appearing from the shadows when she did and Varya's reaction to Mary.  Horseshit sez I.

• Love 6

I've just skimmed the first page of posts and will have to catch up later, but so much to unpack in last night's episode. The unpacking will consist mainly of images and gifs.

Baby Girl Lisa last night and her "I've got 50 effing mens in the states right now I can marry."

zoamb0fe5rz41.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

200_d.gif

Yolanda, still being clueless as fuck about The Williams.

ys1jtj5a4rz41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

David creeping on Lana.

dg3g7ex5ojz41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

He's a heartbeat away from hugging her and petting her and squeezing her and calling her "George." Er, Lana.

Speaking of Lana, your nose is growing, Pinnochio:

ppx8zgkqboz41.jpg

I believe you as much as I believe BGL and her 50 "mens."

And is it just me or does Lana in her THs look nothing like her the rest of the time?

Varya, Varya, Varya...wow, he gaslit you even better than Ash gaslit Avery.

giphy.gif

And you just know Geoffrey played the video back of his worlds colliding (aka spank bank material) about a couple hundred times. 

hcx2m99jdpz41.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Steph/Erika, still FF material. Erika, you dodged a fake as hell bullet, honey.

And Ed, save your crocodile tears for someone who has a shit to give. I'm continuing to applaud Rose who chose herself and her pride and her self-worth and her child, impoverished or not, rather than spend one more second in the presence of that horrible excuse for a man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I think David is creepy. I think Lana is using him for the money.... she gets a cut from the agency I'm sure. A Varya I think is OK.  Changed her mind and she gave it a try.  Now if you turns her away, and she continues to do things, THAT is stalking!  I have been stalked, and I know what it is. 

Geoffrey turned her away and refused to talk to her.  That's enough so that any other contact is without his consent or agreement.  Forcing interaction with someone who has been clear that they don't want to interact with you is creepy stalking.  No less creepy stalking because he proposed a few weeks ago and you changed your mind.  

When someone tells you no and makes it clear that they don't want to be contacted, that's the ballgame.  No means no, it always has. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

The thing of it is that black people essentially "reclaimed" the word as their own to take the power away from racists using it.  Other communities have done the same with slurs and empowered themselves by taking something used against them and making it their own.  

So, IMO it's not the same when a white person uses it versus a black person.  

There have been slurs that the LGBTQ community have reappropriated for themselves.  I wouldn't dare dream of referring to a gay person in such a manner because even if they use it amongst each other, it speaks to their community re-appropriating that word as part of their struggle.  

Jump high, jump low, Lisa has no right and no one can give her "permission" on behalf of black people. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

The thing of it is that black people essentially "reclaimed" the word as their own to take the power away from racists using it.  Other communities have done the same with slurs and empowered themselves by taking something used against them and making it their own.  

So, IMO it's not the same when a white person uses it versus a black person.  

There have been slurs that the LGBTQ community have reappropriated for themselves.  I wouldn't dare dream of referring to a gay person in such a manner because even if they use it amongst each other, it speaks to their community re-appropriating that word as part of their struggle.  

Jump high, jump low, Lisa has no right and no one can give her "permission" on behalf of black people. 

I never thought Lisa SHOULD say it.  I hate it when ANYONE says it.  Even aliens.  And my son and his partner never use slurs when talking about anyone in the LGBTQ community.   I totally get what you are saying (I hope you "got" that I think it's TOTALLY inappropriate for Lisa to use that word).... and while I guess I can see why people might adopt a word to take away the sting - to me, it's still cringe-worthy.  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

Sorry. Misusing terms like stalker, rape and assault for dramatic effect simply cheapen what happens to real victims of real crimes.

It absolutely does. Her entire affect and behavior is not the same girl that turned down his proposal. The clear producer influence hurts the show.

How is that misusing the word?  He made it clear he did not wish to communicate.  Instead, she showed up in his doorstep without permission or consent.  

Creepy stalker.  

And how would calling a creepy stalker a creepy stalker lessen someone else who has an even creepier stalker?  

It's like when people try to rate sexual harassment or assault.  It's the same reasoning that people use to allow Angela get away with hitting Michael.  It's not "as bad" and therefore is "not real.". Because it's not the very worst on the sliding scale it doesn't count.  

And don't even get me started on the hoops women have to jump through with rape for it to be "real."

Oy, the concept of "real rape" and "real assualt" is just a very slippery slope, and it seems to be used quite often as justification for awful behavior that "wasn't quite bad enough" to be "real"

Or to judge people as not being "real victims" based on their character.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I never thought Lisa SHOULD say it.  I hate it when ANYONE says it.  Even aliens.  And my son and his partner never use slurs when talking about anyone in the LGBTQ community.   I totally get what you are saying (I hope you "got" that I think it's TOTALLY inappropriate for Lisa to use that word).... and while I guess I can see why people might adopt a word to take away the sting - to me, it's still cringe-worthy.  

Oh no, I don't think you're saying that Lisa should use it.  I'm only saying there is a difference.  It doesn't sound like your point, but I have heard "well, if black people don't want me using that word, they shouldn't either."

And for those people I would say that there is a difference.  Personally, it's not in my vernacular and it's not a word I use, but I understand the reasoning. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Maybe Lisa just announced she was coming to Nigeria to get married and he just went along with it, thinking it might be worth it for a green card.   Of course, he has now found it that nothing is free and marriage and subservience to Lisa might be too high a price to pay.   

I don't know what the time line is between filming and showing on TV, but I wonder if late in the game Usman was getting any fan mail from women in the US?   He is very good-looking and sweet, and he dresses like a fucking crown prince, and I'm sure after this series appears in the US he will get lots of attention from women a good deal more appealing to him than BGL.

• Love 10
On 5/17/2020 at 6:35 AM, Kareem said:

As a side note, I’ve often wondered how Varya ended up with such an unusual accent. She doesn’t sound at all like Boris and Natasha or anyone else from that part of the world.  I like the way she speaks.

I loooove Varya’s accent. And hand gestures! She’s adorable ☺️

• Love 4
4 hours ago, antfitz said:

Did Stephanie ever sleep with Erica?  It seemed like a lot of talk and no action to me.

They woke up in bed together the last morning before they broke up, but were in full makeup and Steph appeared to be wearing her clothes under the covers.  Probably no action.

• Love 3
On 5/18/2020 at 11:00 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Had to come back for:  "Just one moment!"  followed by BGL stating, in a snotty tone:  "Isn't she the most pleasant person on the phone?"  Really?  THAT gets you going?  Look, to everyone who has worked the returns counter at Wal Mart, Target, any store, really, in the York PA area and had to deal with BGL:  I apologize!

My thought is, a customer service rep isn’t going get snippy like that with a customer if the customer wasn’t dishing out the attitude to begin with. Considering the fact that we’re talking about BGL...well. She was probably well-deserving of that curt response. And then some. 🙄

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Agreed.  My neighbor had his family over this weekend and one of the kids kept calling everyone N.  I was like, dude, no, plus you're hispanic, not black.  I disliked him for other reasons too, even though I never even saw him since I was inside the whole time.

But I did find it hilarious when Yolanda used her monotone to talk about how Williams friend Sweet***** had reached out to her.  Yeah, that seems legit.  

P.S. I've realized that I've never seen Geoffrey's tittoos. I watch most often while dinking around on my computer and my eyes have just never caught his chest.  I'm OK with that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, Callaphera said:

So which one is going to end up in his murder basement: Varya or PICK ME! PICK ME! Mary?

Two women enter, two women leave... in pieces in garbage bags to float down the river. 

How's this scenario...Two women enter, two women leave...carrying between them a garbage bag containing pieces of Geoffrey to float down the river. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Agreed.  My neighbor had his family over this weekend and one of the kids kept calling everyone N.  I was like, dude, no, plus you're hispanic, not black.  I disliked him for other reasons too, even though I never even saw him since I was inside the whole time.

But I did find it hilarious when Yolanda used her monotone to talk about how Williams friend Sweet***** had reached out to her.  Yeah, that seems legit.  

P.S. I've realized that I've never seen Geoffrey's tittoos. I watch most often while dinking around on my computer and my eyes have just never caught his chest.  I'm OK with that.

I don’t think this is a spoiler but in the Tell All leak it was revealed —tada — it was SweetBerry.  And here I thought it was something naughty.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
24 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t think this is a spoiler but in the Tell All leak it was revealed —tada — it was SweetBerry.  And here I thought it was something naughty.

Well isn't THAT a rude awakening!!   lol     I guess it just goes to show that the majority of us have dirty minds.  ::::Sighs::::  (I thought it had something to do with a kitty.)

56 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

They are "make your spine crawl ugly".

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I thought Geoffrey's entire estate was creepy!

Yes, the house he lives in looks a little ragged. It makes me wonder about the other homes he has that he rents out.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2020 at 7:35 AM, bichonblitz said:

Of course it was. I want to know how she got that tourist Visa so quickly. Is it that easy to get  in Russia? 

Not impossible to get but not particularly easy either, especially for a young-ish single woman who has an American boyfriend, as there would be a heightened suspicion she'll try to marry the American in the USA and circumvent the K-1 waiting period and vetting process.

14 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think it's producer shenanigans.  But I wish that they would stop trying to normalize this behavior.  As a poster upthread said, it's just not a good look.  

Nothing about varya made me think that she was the type to do this sort of thing.  I don't believe her personality did this 180.  Her friends hate him, her family hates him and he is out of the country.  Even desperate Darcy managed to steer clear of Tom. 

That's why it's so hard to take this particular situation seriously. In the real world when someone tells you "no, I don't want to see you again" and the person keeps going at them, it's definitely wrong and creepy (and maybe illegal depending on how far you take it). But in the reality TV world where you have a production company arranging the visa, paying for the tickets, making the travel arrangements, and possibly even providing you with a script of sorts it's easier to side eye. I don't think Varya wanted to go to Knoxville (although she was probably game for a free trip to the US), I don't think Geoffrey really stopped responding to her (this is a man who's done nothing but lie), and I think the only person who MIGHT have been surprised by her sudden appearance (other than the dogs) was Mary. 

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That's why it's so hard to take this particular situation seriously. In the real world when someone tells you "no, I don't want to see you again" and the person keeps going at them, it's definitely wrong and creepy (and maybe illegal depending on how far you take it). But in the reality TV world where you have a production company arranging the visa, paying for the tickets, making the travel arrangements, and possibly even providing you with a script of sorts it's easier to side eye. I don't think Varya wanted to go to Knoxville (although she was probably game for a free trip to the US), I don't think Geoffrey really stopped responding to her (this is a man who's done nothing but lie), and I think the only person who MIGHT have been surprised by her sudden appearance (other than the dogs) was Mary. 

Exactly!  I don't believe for two seconds that Geoffrey truly ever said"no" to Varya, no way his ego would have been able to resist the two-women-fighting-over-me scenario.  He's a liar who lies like it's his second job.  

My feelings about both Geoffrey and David come from watching the flashes of rage they've both shown.  That, coupled with David's own comments like "she's going to see me whether she likes it or not!" puts him squarely in stalker territory.

Varya: no anger involved,not a stalker, she seems to want to present a happy surprise.  Just my opinion.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, nb360 said:

Yes, the house he lives in looks a little ragged. It makes me wonder about the other homes he has that he rents out.

And kind of makes you wonder why he though Varya's apartment was so bad.  

ETA:  I wonder if he is a maintenance man for whoever owns the rentals.  He gets to stay free in whatever is empty at any given time.  If he CHOSE this one, imagine what the others look like.

@Kangatush . . . just for you . . .

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.8bfdc3891ace099d58423a5aea335e42.JPG  Yes, they really are that bad.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I kinda envy you right now.

1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

I don't believe for two seconds that Geoffrey truly ever said"no" to Varya, no way his ego would have been able to resist the two-women-fighting-over-me scenario.  He's a liar who lies like it's his second job. 

Yeppers - he totally set these two up to fight over each other!

12 hours ago, RubySoho said:

My thought is, a customer service rep isn’t going get snippy like that with a customer if the customer wasn’t dishing out the attitude to begin with.

But from we heard the customer service person was not snippy, was she?  She simply asked her to hold for a minute.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

But from we heard the customer service person was not snippy, was she?  She simply asked her to hold for a minute.

Most "normal" people would be delighted to find someone in a routine government-related customer service job who would be willing to help as much as the young lady Lisa was speaking with.  And as politely.

• Love 18
On 5/18/2020 at 9:55 AM, RealReality said:

It's hard for me to understand why anyone thinks meeting in person is a mere formality. 

This is comment is GOLD!  It shows the foolishness, the delusion, the entitlement, and the incredible bondage they have to some weird idea of "relationships."  Well done.

• Love 7