Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The Pleasure Principle

• Start Topic

Something I've been wondering about Yolanda:  Am I mistaken, or did we learn early on that she recently lost an enormous amount of weight--was 100 pounds mentioned?  And if that is the case (she certainly has a lovely figure now), wouldn't she have needed excess skin reduction surgery?  I am an apostle of Dr. Now's, and if you watch that show, you know that reduced excess skin is not a pretty sight, at least in the first couple of years we've been able to see on that show.  Now maybe Yolanda's skin reduction was done by the most talented plastic surgeon in the world, or maybe her skin was so elastic that she didn't need skin reduction surgery, but if she is typical of what we see on M600LL naked pictures of herself would be the last thing she'd want to send The Williams.  So her "blackmail" story seems fishy to me.

And if that (important imo) part of her story is phony, afaic her whole story is phony.

I need my smelling salts.  I feel an attack of the vapors coming on.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Stephanie asked Erika to drive three hours so they could spend a few minutes sitting in uncomfortable silence, broken up by yet another of Stephanie's lame-ass apologies? I hope Erika had something fun with her friends planned for later.

It may be that Stephanie had taken her three-hour cab ride to the town where she flew into, which is probably where Erika lived.  The breakup came the day after Erika came out to her parents in their home, which may have been three hours from Erika's.  If that's the case, Erika was going to have to make that drive anyway.  

Regardless, Stephanie can stay off my screen.  And I will NOT waste one minute of my time watching her youtube channel.  

I liked Erica, and it made me tear up when she was talking to her mother and her mom said, "Do you need a hug?"  When Erica literally got on her lap to feel her mother's unconditional love for her, I was jealous.  I honestly don't believe my female birth vessel EVER hugged me, even when I was a child.  Good on ya, Erica's mum!!!!

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm sure funeral homes know this now, but it was a way for them to make more $$ off me!  And my mom, who does't understand technology, also encouraged me to make sure I had printed out versions so I didn't question the need when the funeral home sold them to me.

We recently prepaid our expected cremation/funeral expenses.  I think our plan included 3 certified death certificates, and the gentleman who helped us said, "I doubt you'll even need those three, but it's good to have a couple on hand."  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Lisa is a nasty, miserable woman.  “Pam” was not being difficult; she was doing her job.  On the bright side, Usman seems to realize that this is what he will be subjected to for however long.

Ed obviously thought that Rose would be waiting with open arms to accept his apology.  The look on his face when he realized that she was gone was priceless. 

I believe TLC was responsible for Varya’s uninvited trip to Knoxville.  Clearly, production knew that Mary was going to be there at that appointed hour and arranged the confrontation. 

Pam was quite pleasant.  She asked for a letter, which is likely the policy, but made an exception under the circumstances.  Hope she doesn’t get in trouble because no good deed goes unpunished.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lesia said:

Why was there not a SINGLE soul at that resort Ed and Rose were at?  It was completely deserted, in every shot.  Strange no?

And preCovid 19, why are airports never packed on this show? I must fly the wrong places.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

It's also REALLY hard for Russians to get tourist visas and, when they do, it can take months. I think Sharp brought her over on a temporary work visa. We used to bring Russian workers over here on them all the time when I worked at the resort. They're inexpensive for a company like that, incredibly easy to get, and the whole thing can be processed in a few weeks. You can get one that's only good for a short amount of time, it's not a permanent one that allows them to stay here for good.

And to think.....I used to believe that all you had to do was book your flight, pack a bag and show up with your passport.  That's all I did when I went to Europe......lol.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Pam was quite pleasant.  She asked for a letter, which is likely the policy, but made an exception under the circumstances.  Hope she doesn’t get in trouble because no good deed goes unpunished.

All Pam has to do is show her supervisor a copy of this scene.  She's in no danger of being in trouble for her behavior towards Lisa.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Mothra said:

but if she is typical of what we see on M600LL naked pictures of herself would be the last thing she'd want to send The Williams. 

Maybe it was the female equivalent of a dick pic.

15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

It may be that Stephanie had taken her three-hour cab ride to the town where she flew into, which is probably where Erika lived.  The breakup came the day after Erika came out to her parents in their home, which may have been three hours from Erika's.  If that's the case, Erika was going to have to make that drive anyway.  

Regardless, Stephanie can stay off my screen.  And I will NOT waste one minute of my time watching her youtube channel.  

I liked Erica, and it made me tear up when she was talking to her mother and her mom said, "Do you need a hug?"  When Erica literally got on her lap to feel her mother's unconditional love for her, I was jealous.  I honestly don't believe my female birth vessel EVER hugged me, even when I was a child.  Good on ya, Erica's mum!!!!

Although Erika’s initial response that her mom should not be weird was odd because a) consoling your daughter with a hug is not weird and b) even if it were Erika supposedly embraces weird.

• Love 2

Lana is like Seinfeld’s date, the one that only looked good in certain light.  She appeared softer, younger in the cafe scenes, even though it was close ups.  But the Lana that walked up to David in cold light of day ... yikes ten years older! Lighting is everything as the movie stars say.

Doesn’t Usman realize it’s going to be ten times worse in America?  He can’t run to mummy.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

All Pam has to do is show her supervisor a copy of this scene.  She's in no danger of being in trouble for her behavior towards Lisa.

I meant if she bended the rules to help Lisa, not her tone.

Just now, MrBuhBye said:

I meant if she bended the rules to help Lisa, not her tone.

But I wonder if she did bend any rules.  She kept saying, "Let me check" and putting Lisa on hold as though she were getting instruction or permission from someone else.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Would you be more comfortable if there were an official process by which someone from a government e-mail address asked for the copy?  And the copies could only be sent from a responding government site to a government official in the requesting jurisdiction.

Yes, from one government email to another - yes that would be fine.  But to "PuppyLover 71" - not so much.

27 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

When my husband died, I was encouraged to buy more death certificates -- and I did.  I think I purchased 10 copies of it; can't remember the cost. 

If you need to verify a death where they are giving money to YOU - real with seal is usually needed.  You are not getting funds?  A copy is just fine, lol.

I go tired of toting my original marriage license with a seal around town for a few weeks, but hey it had to be done!

33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Stephanie: "Do you have anything else you want to say to me?"

Erika: "No" 

Stephanie, getting up to leave: "Reach out to me if you ever want to talk..." 

[crickets]

I give Erika props for not coming and saying:  "I won't be reaching out, thank for asking.  Buh Bye!"  Three hours is a LONG drive.

• Love 5

I sort of doubt that scene with Baby Gurl and the courthouse clerk.  It's because, I have had numerous encounters for requests of such documents over the years and no matter how nice, they have their policies and guidelines.  I have never seen that kind of thing.  NOW, with covid, that might have changed, but, not back then.  I wonder if it was all staged and Baby Gurl had it all along, then they got someone to play the nice clerk lady.  Just something for a fake fight and drama, imo.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think she went from an AirBnB (carryout dinner with her kids) to an extended stay hotel (last night's show).

She also went to the Thrift Shop with her daughter and for a walk in the park with her daughter and son. There might have also been a scene in a coffee shop, too, I can't remember for sure. All in all, hardly compelling television. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I was beyond pissed that Jesse and his ego were the "surprise TLC guest" last night.

I had it on in the background without watching. My ears did perk up, though, when one of the potential "dates" referred to his ex as "What was her name...Daisy?" 

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Goddammit, it should have been drunken, slurring, blubbering Darcy on that show.

Maybe next time!

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I didn't buy for one minute that Lisa could call and get a divorce decree emailed. An emailed document would have no raised seal of the clerk or any manner of authentication attached to it. Not to mention she could be anyone on the phone. If they wanted to be a little more authentic, couldn't she have called home and told someone to go through her papers, find the decree, and scan it to her via email? An agency of any type is not going to do that. Oh, and I nearly vomited at all the loud kissy face shit they did while still on the phone. Gross. 

I had to get criminal court records two years ago on someone I was involved in a lawsuit with.  It took 30 days after submitting a signed form in person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

How long were Avery and Ash in an online relationship before meeting?

She said they had been talking online for nine months but had broken up three times

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She also went to the Thrift Shop with her daughter and for a walk in the park with her daughter and son. There might have also been a scene in a coffee shop, too, I can't remember for sure. All in all, hardly compelling television. 

She also went into a shop and ordered a "green juice" or something that one time.  But I agree the entire Yolanda thing is baffling.  She's still in exactly the same situation she was when the season started!  No progress in that story!  And nothing much even happened, lol

I just watched the Pillow Talk for this episode and they were all saying "well I was wrong about David!  Way to go David you found your love!"  The fuck??  David didn't find anything other than the woman who was in the pics he's been looking at for 7 years.  It's still a total catfish story.  She's not coming to Murica to live in a van with him!  Hell, I bet she didn't even know he existed prior to TLC calling her up a week before and offering her a payday to meet the loser who thinks she's his soul mate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Something I've been wondering about Yolanda:  Am I mistaken, or did we learn early on that she recently lost an enormous amount of weight--was 100 pounds mentioned?  And if that is the case (she certainly has a lovely figure now), wouldn't she have needed excess skin reduction surgery?  I am an apostle of Dr. Now's, and if you watch that show, you know that reduced excess skin is not a pretty sight, at least in the first couple of years we've been able to see on that show. 

Not to veer too far off:  I had gastric bypass in early 2006 and lost over 125 pounds and yes, it is still off.  (Yay me!)  I did not require any additional surgery, not sure why, maybe because I was 41?  I did not have an apple or pear shape, I was kinda large all over, lol.  Plus I am 5 foot 8, did it spread around a little more?  Yolanda seems tall to me,   Perhaps she did not want nor need more surgery.  I was VERY grateful I did not need more surgery - that one was enough for me, lol!

24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I sort of doubt that scene with Baby Gurl and the courthouse clerk.  It's because, I have had numerous encounters for requests of such documents over the years and no matter how nice, they have their policies and guidelines.  I have never seen that kind of thing.  NOW, with covid, that might have changed, but, not back then.  I wonder if it was all staged and Baby Gurl had it all along, then they got someone to play the nice clerk lady.  Just something for a fake fight and drama, imo.  

I was going to suggest that too, but man.....it made her look ever more horrid than had been presented!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 13
On 5/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, 7isBlue said:

She’s as abusive as Geoffrey!  She is an overtly hateful, controlling, demeaning, racIst POS. She’s the worst we’ve seen of all the 90DF participants, and that’s in a world that includes Laura, Angela, and Ed 🤮😠 

She's all those things but I don't think she's racist.  She said Nigerian whore but was only clarifying.  I'm sure she would have said Dutch whore if it was appropriate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For the past few years at work, we've cut out a lot of time by emailing contracts and getting electronic signatures. I think that's becoming the norm now but I feel BGL had a re-enactment. Sure maybe an initial phone call to find out what was needed and then everything else could have taken place electronically. But BGL is all about the drama and proving everybody is an idiot but her, obviously!

Just remembered about filing taxes electronically also...electronic signature.

Edited by kendi
the tax info stuff
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I totally agree.  When I was thinking about it, I really made an effort to take off those social/gender filters and look at it objectively.  Varya is young and pretty and a woman, so it's really easy to see some 2010 rom com.  

But objectively, no....it's creepy stalker.  

And really a special kind of unacceptable that she brought all her luggage.  

I think the reason I'm letting her off the hook for now (other than the fact that I like her) is because I don't trust that it's real. There are too many variables here...Can we trust Geoffrey when he says that he hasn't been responding to her? Can we trust that this wasn't just a whole setup by TLC (who undoubtedly sponsored her to be there)? 

If we ARE taking it at face value, though, then for me it reeks more of desperation than stalking. David's situation was one thing: she stood him up every single time, she never gave him any alternative or private way of contacting her, he got "her" address from sleuthing and not because she volunteered it, and they had zero relationship outside of a paid website. In Geoffrey/Varya's case, though, they had a physical relationship (not necessarily sexual, just as opposed to online), they'd provided each other with addresses and phone numbers, etc. All we have is Geoffrey's word that he hasn't been responding to her messages. IMO intention matters. David was seeking Lana because he'd paid for her and deserved her whether she liked it or not. He was going after her because SHE screwed up and he demanded retribution. Varya, on the other hand, is seeking out Geoffrey because she thinks SHE screwed up.

I have a hard time taking any of this storyline seriously enough to have a real conversation about it. TLC clearly underestimated how viewers would react to his past so they invested money, time, and a script into a storyline that was never going to go anywhere to start with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

She's all those things but I don't think she's racist.  She said Nigerian whore but was only clarifying.  I'm sure she would have said Dutch whore if it was appropriate.

Re racism you might want to check the couple’s thread.

1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

In Geoffrey/Varya's case, though, they had a physical relationship (not necessarily sexual, just as opposed to online), they'd provided each other with addresses and phone numbers, etc.

I’m not sure there ever would have been a need for him to give her his home address.  I bet production supplied that.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Of course it was. I want to know how she got that tourist Visa so quickly. Is it that easy to get  in Russia? 

Varya could probably get visa because she owns property (the flat she was fixing up). My sister was trying to get visa for her and her kids trying to visit me in in around 2003 and back then the flat they lived in was still in my parents name. They couldn't prove they owned property or business so they didn't get the visa. The fact that her husband would stay behind didn't matter.  Not even official invitation from me and that they would stay in our home worked. (This was to come from Slovakia.) They came to USA several times after 2013 because by then they had property and business in their name. They didn't need invitation either. It's easier to get visa if you have something to come back to. If you don't own anything substantial that means to the embassy that you might want to stay in USA.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, procrasstinator said:

Yes Erika’s mom also is a beautiful soul which is why I’m convinced Erika will be just fine.

and after being on this program, I predict Erika will be getting messages from other bi people all over the world. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And to think.....I used to believe that all you had to do was book your flight, pack a bag and show up with your passport.  That's all I did when I went to Europe......lol.  

Ha ha, yeah, we're generally lucky when it comes to red tape and traveling. Russia is a whole other bag of beans, though. It's become increasingly difficult for us to travel there and for them to travel here. And applying for a travel visa is no guarantee you'll get it. I waited for six months the last time I applied. My Russian friend applied for a travel visa a year ago to come here for two weeks on vacation. She's still waiting. No criminal history. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yolanda seems tall to me,   Perhaps she did not want nor need more surgery.

Oops, that reminds me. We also saw Yolanda working out in the gym! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Oops, that reminds me. We also saw Yolanda working out in the gym! 

Am sure you could also hear her stretched out, loose jiggly skin flapping and slapping together like applause....

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Gordon Ramsay had a two hour special last week helping Ellicott City (which looks lovely) after two floods.  No one had that accent that I noticed.

I visited Ellicott City years ago and it was Charmin g.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Not to veer too far off:  I had gastric bypass in early 2006 and lost over 125 pounds and yes, it is still off.  (Yay me!)  I did not require any additional surgery, not sure why, maybe because I was 41?  I did not have an apple or pear shape, I was kinda large all over, lol.  Plus I am 5 foot 8, did it spread around a little more?  Yolanda seems tall to me,   Perhaps she did not want nor need more surgery.  I was VERY grateful I did not need more surgery - that one was enough for me, lol!

Good for you!  I am down around 80 lbs so far am over 50 years old and about 5 ft  7 and am finding no excess skin yet.  I would think over 200 lbs or more skin reduction surgery would be more necessary?  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

I bet she didn't even know he existed prior to TLC calling her up a week before and offering her a payday to meet the loser who thinks she's his soul mate.

During her segment in the coffe shop, her friend asked about her plans, and she said something like, "meet an american".

How disconnected was that response-didn't even use this freak David's name.  

Still can't get over Mr. Mmmmmmm's hair trigger anger, level of delusion and arrogance and predatory entitlement.  He is one scary guy. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, procrasstinator said:

Good for you!  I am down around 80 lbs so far am over 50 years old and about 5 ft  7 and am finding no excess skin yet.  I would think over 200 lbs or more skin reduction surgery would be more necessary?  

Just keep exercising!  That helped a lot!!  Good for you!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I believe TLC was responsible for Varya’s uninvited trip to Knoxville.  Clearly, production knew that Mary was going to be there at that appointed hour and arranged the confrontation. 

It's always pre-arranged.  TLC LOVEs to end an episode with someone knocking on the door and the door being answered.  Don't these people ever GO anywhere... or are they chained to a table leg?  This was PRE-Covid so people went out and about! It would be a waste of the film crew's time (and more importantly a waste of money) if a film crew was to follow someone to a door to film the reaction - and the person wasn't home.  So of course it's ALWAYS arranged in advance and the person answering the door knows exactly who will be there... with cameras.   Not quite so exciting when you think about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I visited Ellicott City years ago and it was Charmin g.

Tell me more!  I have a very special memory of Ellicott City.  I thought it was seriously damaged. Please PM me if anyone knows about it. Tks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Re racism you might want to check the couple’s thread.

I’m not sure there ever would have been a need for him to give her his home address.  I bet production supplied that.

I feel very strongly that they exchanged addresses before filming so that packages could be shipped to each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

When Erica literally got on her lap to feel her mother's unconditional love for her, I was jealous.  I honestly don't believe my female birth vessel EVER hugged me, even when I was a child.  Good on ya, Erica's mum!!!!

Aww!!! I would give you a hug! Same situation here. I was going to post that when I've  tried to hug my female birth vessel, I've gotten the same warmth (as a dead fish) that Lana gave to David. Only I'm no David!!! 

I watch this show with one of my daughters (the one who likes to hang with mom some late nights) and she's like "whose team are you on?" Etc. After the Erica /Steph segments and talk about hiding things from your parents, I told her flat out "you know I hope you (kids) never feel like you have to hide things from me or be scared to tell me and dad things." She said "OF COURSE WE WOULDN'T!!! We know we can tell you anything!" So all we can do is NOT be like the negatives in our family. Also, learn from and bond over 90DF lol! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

I had to get criminal court records two years ago on someone I was involved in a lawsuit with.  It took 30 days after submitting a signed form in person.

Yeah, they always require a written request along with PAYMENT by mail or in person.  They don't even have a fax line or email address available.  But, that's the states that I have dealt with, Maybe, her state is different. 

4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

David and "Lana" - the lies streaming out of her mouth about being shy and just deciding on a whim to register with an agency, how she got paid nothing, and on and on.

Lana was correct when she said the site does not pay her for socializing.  She is being paid for the use of her photos.  Socializing with the men online is someone else’s job.

I do not believe that Varya would show up to Geoffrey’s home uninvited, if she wasn’t confident about their relationship.  I have a feeling he was lying when he said he had stopped communicating with her. The fact that Varya got so aggressive with Mary, “I wasn’t talking to you” led me to believe that she knew about her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Erika, you are too good for Stephanie.  You have a wonderful family and are the only one on this show who came out of this season looking good.

I would argue that Rose came out looking good, and Avery at least didn't look bad.

6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

BGL - saving the worst for last.  What is with this "I am older than you, I have played this game longer than you, I can out play you and I always f**cking win!"  I mean, is this a marriage or are you on "Survivor"?   She is so many shades of horrid it is hard to keep up.  She was so boastful of Usman before, now she is calling him a small fish and not that big of a star?  She was so rude to the young lady in the clerk's office.  Then.....you were hooking up the wifi?  No you were looking on his phone and snooping.  I really REALLY wanted Usman to whip out his phone, call his brothers and say "Do not bother to travel here for the wedding, it is off!" and get up and walk away.  All they ever do is fight, always at her instigation.  Actually, she is fighting at him while he sits and listens.  Her constant blaming of Usman for that whole divorce decree shitshow is hard to watch.  It is YOUR job to have your decree, unstapled, in your carry-on before heading down there.  Like I have said before, I took mine to our county when we applied for a marriage license.  Was it required?  No.  But ya never know......and this is the United States!  

BabyGirlVisa gives me serious flashbacks of my ex-wife. Usman, take my word for it: if you give in to the "Do X or I'm leaving you" shtick, it will never end. She discovers it works and before long, it becomes her go-to response to any argument.

Also: Yes, Lisa. You always win. That's why you're traveling halfway around the world to marry a guy who, in his talking head segments, looks at your impending marriage solely in terms of getting to the United States.

As for the divorce decree: I didn't have mine handy when my second wife and I applied for our license, but that's because we'd checked the requirements to marry in Vegas beforehand and learned that the actual decree is not necessary there: you just need the correct divorce date. The point being that we had verified the requirements long beforehand so we weren't caught by surprise. In this day and age, there is zero excuse for any couple not doing the same thing.

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Darcy isn't independent at all. She lives in that big house with her parents. It's their house. Her daughters and Stacy live there, too. I think Stacy has a kid or two there as well. Not sure if Darcy has shared custody of her daughters or not so I don't know if they live there full time. At 45 she can't support herself and her daughters alone? Maybe if she stopped worrying about dick all the time and start concentrating on all the other mess of her life she would be better off. Those poor daughters. 

What kind of example does Darcey think she is setting: how to be a plastic-surgeried freak who bounces between men and humiliates herself on national television?

4 hours ago, futurechemist said:

My husband and I are split on Varya.  He thinks she was making a grand, but doomed, romantic gesture.  I think she was acting like a stalker who didn't get the message from Geoffrey ghosting her.

I agree with you. It is incredibly presumptuous to show up at someone's place unannounced and assume you're going to stay for two weeks. This goes double for a romantic partner who parted ways unpleasantly and has ghosted you since. I laughed out loud when the door opened and Mary was standing there.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

It's always pre-arranged.  TLC LOVEs to end an episode with someone knocking on the door and the door being answered.  Don't these people ever GO anywhere... or are they chained to a table leg?  This was PRE-Covid so people went out and about! It would be a waste of the film crew's time (and more importantly a waste of money) if a film crew was to follow someone to a door to film the reaction - and the person wasn't home.  So of course it's ALWAYS arranged in advance and the person answering the door knows exactly who will be there... with cameras.   Not quite so exciting when you think about it.

But isn't it possible that they told Geoffrey that production was going to be there to film, not that Varya would be there.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

But isn't it possible that they told Geoffrey that production was going to be there, not that Varya would be there.

They could even have told him they want to film him and Mary.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Lana was correct when she said the site does not pay her for socializing.  She is being paid for the use of her photos.  Socializing with the men online is someone else’s job.

I do not believe that Varya would show up to Geoffrey’s home uninvited, if she wasn’t confident about their relationship.  I have a feeling he was lying when he said he had stopped communicating with her. The fact that Varya got so aggressive with Mary, “I wasn’t talking to you” led me to believe that she knew about her.

He did seem shady when he responded!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, futurechemist said:

My husband and I are split on Varya.  He thinks she was making a grand, but doomed, romantic gesture.  I think she was acting like a stalker who didn't get the message from Geoffrey ghosting her.

I think Varya and Lana were both paid by TLC.  Varya showing up at Geoffrey's house?  Pure reality TV show gold; and it was a straight up ambush because there weren't any cameras in Geoffrey's house, the camera was only following Varya. 

And then Icky Geoffrey was standing there, proud that he's got TWO women fighting over him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am sorry if I am not letting this divorce decree/faxing thing go, but as someone in education where we use only initials, send everything through US mail (no IEP's during home delivery of materials of times of COVID) and things need to be mailed to us, I am having issues with what is being presented:  Could someone call up the courts here, say they are me and get my divorce decree faxed to them?

When my husband died I needed official copies of everything and could only find ministers copy of our marriage.  I called the county where we were married and I was born and my son was able to pick them up at recorders office. ( his name is different ) 

As far as copies of death certificates the funeral home who arranged cremation gave us 4 and I wound up needing  2 more.  Insurance and retirement payoffs require so many official forms I wound up including a copy of our wedding picture. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

BabyGirlVisa gives me serious flashbacks of my ex-wife. Usman, take my word for it: if you give in to the "Do X or I'm leaving you" shtick, it will never end. She discovers it works and before long, it becomes her go-to response to any argument.

Also: Yes, Lisa. You always win. That's why you're traveling halfway around the world to marry a guy who, in his talking head segments, looks at your impending marriage solely in terms of getting to the United States.

Just the fact that she said "winning"in terms of what I assume is to be a partnership to me.  I never, ever, think about "winning" with my hubs.  I want to compromise, collaborate and most importantly, LISTEN.

48 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling he was lying when he said he had stopped communicating with her.

I would bet the farm on it.  When he was talking to his sons, he never really answered their questions straight up, along with lying about her saying "no" she said NOT YET, DUMBASS.  Geoffrey, did you mention that you got passive aggressive and weird on the ride to the airport and basically ended with her as you were butt hurt that a woman YOU MET IN PERSON two or so weeks ago was not ready to marry you?  After being on basically a vacation together?  Maybe she wants to see you stressed or meet your kids?  Gosh he is gross!

• Love 7
(edited)
48 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

When my husband died I needed official copies of everything and could only find ministers copy of our marriage.  I called the county where we were married and I was born and my son was able to pick them up at recorders office. ( his name is different ) 

As far as copies of death certificates the funeral home who arranged cremation gave us 4 and I wound up needing  2 more.  Insurance and retirement payoffs require so many official forms I wound up including a copy of our wedding picture. 

My friend’s dad worked for Metlife.  They had no problem stopping paying his dad’s pension without any official proof of death but they made him jump through hoops to prove it to collect on the life insurance.  He said hey if you don’t believe he’s dead resume the pension payments.  You can’t have it both ways and it looks like bad faith.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Just asking, but after the last scene last week and the multiple scenes this week, how many times did they show Lana walking up to him?  I counted three times, all considered?

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Varya and Lana were both paid by TLC.  Varya showing up at Geoffrey's house?  Pure reality TV show gold; and it was a straight up ambush because there weren't any cameras in Geoffrey's house, the camera was only following Varya. 

And then Icky Geoffrey was standing there, proud that he's got TWO women fighting over him.

Where were their cars? (At Geoffreys)

• Love 1