Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The Pleasure Principle

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I think “model” is supposed to convince the mark, John, suiter that she is desirable and almost out of his league.  

And the true "job" of "online scammer" might be a turn-off.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I'm drawing a blank. Besides Deaven, which Americans said they were models? I can only think of the foreign fiancees who claimed to be models (like Juliana), sent stock photos of models (like The Williams) or wanted to become models like Paola, Fernanda and Anfisa. 

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Ash story about feeding the ducks In front of the “Don’t Feed the Ducks” sign..

Anybody else yell...”Open your eyes...you Lemur!”

He seems to be good at missing signs.

• LOL 10

I meant to post this earlier, but I think immediate alarms should have gone off when Ash presented Avery with her welcome gifts:  the black roses, not to my taste, but I don't want any roses unless I'm at home and can put them in a vase I like and admire (and sniff) them for a long time.  But assuming Avery likes getting roses in the circumstances, the fact that they were black rubbed me the wrong way--I think they were more of a "look at me!  I'm so creative and wonderful in choosing flowers for you!"  A way for making the gift more about the donor than the donee, or even the gift itself.

The other gift, the BRACELET SHE ALREADY TOLD HIM SHE DIDN'T WANT, was a total jaw-dropper to me.  What a shit Ash is.  I don't care how accomplished he is sexually, he's a controlling (don't want my bracelet?  we'll see about that), essentially unemployed dirtbag.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 5/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, procrasstinator said:

This I don't see.  I agree with the posters who say the posts sent to David from Lana were not actually from Lana.  But suspending my disbelief and overly suspicious nature to enter into David's mindset,  the fact that he would get another message after each failed meeting was a sign of encouragement for him.  If Lana was wanting to send a clear message she would have written to leave her alone, not texted, hey can we get pictures for proof of a relationship so we can start the process of applying for a visa. 

What I seem to see happening with David is a bit of intermittent reinforcement.  He'll get a message (payoff) but he'll never know when or if.  It's a dynamic that builds addiction.  After the last failed meet when David was flying back he said he was done but then turned right around and said he knew eventually he would hear from Lana again and that he would be drawn in again.  If it is like an addiction it would be very hard for him to stop.  And there has to be something not right inside someone for addictive behavior to take hold in the first place.  Therapy would be a good idea maybe.

This is what I see, too. Even after Lana had stood him up for the third time (the train station in Odessa) she STILL sent him a message asking if he wanted to meet for "pictures for the visa." I think it's clear to us that she was never going to see David (until someone made her) but I can see how it may not have been clear to David. He truly was getting mixed messages. Of course, a normal, healthy person would've seen it for what it was (a scam) and been like "screw this" and let it go, but I think David's proven that he's not, so...

• Love 10

I want to say that beautiful as she is, Stephanie's eyes are DEAD.  When she smiles--which is rare--her eyes don't light up.  When she is sad--frequent--her eyes don't betray sadness.  They are the same, all the time.  If you cover the lower part of her face, you'll see that her eyes, like cobras' eyes, don't change.

Is this caused by her Illness?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 5/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Not to veer too far off:  I had gastric bypass in early 2006 and lost over 125 pounds and yes, it is still off.  (Yay me!)  I did not require any additional surgery, not sure why, maybe because I was 41?  I did not have an apple or pear shape, I was kinda large all over, lol.  Plus I am 5 foot 8, did it spread around a little more?  Yolanda seems tall to me,   Perhaps she did not want nor need more surgery.  I was VERY grateful I did not need more surgery - that one was enough for me, lol!

First, congratulations to you!

I wonder if it could also come down to the amount of weight lost?  Maybe 100-150 lbs doesn't have the same affect on skin as 200 or 300?

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I want to say that beautiful as she is, Stephanie's eyes are DEAD.  When she smiles--which is rare--her eyes don't light up.  When she is sad--frequent--her eyes don't betray sadness.  They are the same, all the time.  If you cover the lower part of her face, you'll see that her eyes, like cobras' eyes, don't change.

Maybe it was being raised by Mommy Dearest.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Stephanie has an illness?  

• LOL 15
24 minutes ago, Gobi said:

If she had an illness, I think we would have heard about it.

I wonder if she'll reveal anything about her health on the tell all?!  This is brand new information!

• LOL 10
15 hours ago, Mothra said:

But assuming Avery likes getting roses in the circumstances, the fact that they were black rubbed me the wrong way--I think they were more of a "look at me!  I'm so creative and wonderful in choosing flowers for you!"  A way for making the gift more about the donor than the donee, or even the gift itself.

I figured he chose black because Avery is very “edgy.” The fact that he has a running tab at the florist was what rubbed ME the wrong way. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, magemaud said:

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

what’s my prize? 

This season's Bingo will be when the whole card covered.

Known as a A BLACKOUT... in homage to Darcy's nightly drinking routine.

Keep playing folks....

• LOL 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I figured he chose black because Avery is very “edgy.” The fact that he has a running tab at the florist was what rubbed ME the wrong way. 

I wonder if all of his women get black roses, so he doesn't forget who got which colour. The florist would need a source for black roses and probably wouldn't carry them unless they had a reliable buyer for them.  If I ever got or gave black roses, they would be to announce the death of the relationship.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if all of his women get black roses, so he doesn't forget who got which colour. The florist would need a source for black roses and probably wouldn't carry them unless they had a reliable buyer for them.  But they seem to announce the death of a relationship.

I thought Avery said something about she had mentioned to Ash that she liked black roses before they met in person.

I'm pretty sure he had the florist on speed-dial, and just had to call and tell him what color/flower he wanted next.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I thought Avery said something about she had mentioned to Ash that she liked black roses before they met in person.

I think Ash said something when he gave her the roses that he specifically chose that color because he knew she liked black roses and she was all, "You remembered!" 

This got to me to researching the availability of black roses online (I'm bored waiting for tonight's show) and found this quote: "Anyway, black roses are not always associated with negative events and emotions, such as death, revenge, evil, mystery and the like. They could also mean a major positive change (death of something old) or be the symbol of deep hope and optimism, true romance, everlasting love or simply your signature flower."

This mumbo jumbo sounds like something Ash would say! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I've posted a question over on Small Talk about what my prize will be when I fill my Bingo card. Please let me know ASAP as tonight might be the night. 

A private lunch with Baby Girl Lisa.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I think Ash said something when he gave her the roses that he specifically chose that color because he knew she liked black roses and she was all, "You remembered!" 

This got to me to researching the availability of black roses online (I'm bored waiting for tonight's show) and found this quote: "Anyway, black roses are not always associated with negative events and emotions, such as death, revenge, evil, mystery and the like. They could also mean a major positive change (death of something old) or be the symbol of deep hope and optimism, true romance, everlasting love or simply your signature flower."

This mumbo jumbo sounds like something Ash would say! 

I would think heavily tattooed types into Nine Inch Nails and vampire fiction would dig them.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I would think heavily tattooed types into Nine Inch Nails and vampire fiction would dig them.

I love black roses, they're my favorite. I'm a country/bluegrass person and the only vampires I enjoy are Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I love black roses, they're my favorite. I'm a country/bluegrass person and the only vampires I enjoy are Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland. 

I also really like black roses. I think they are sexy. Aesthically imagine if Alicia Keys, JCrew, and Betsy Johnson had a baby that would be me. Maybe Avery really liked them and told Ash. They seem kind of specific to just be a random flower selection. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My favorite was Billy Wirth. Raawwrrrrr

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I also really like black roses. I think they are sexy. Aesthically imagine if Alicia Keys, JCrew, and Betsy Johnson had a baby that would be me. Maybe Avery really liked them and told Ash. They seem kind of specific to just be a random flower selection. 

Avery said that ash knew she liked them and thats why she was so impressed that she dropped her panties the first night.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 10:53 PM, RealReality said:

Avery said that ash knew she liked them and thats why she was so impressed that she dropped her panties the first night.  

Thong hit the floor before the door clicked shut as the camera crew exited the AirBnB....Er...her thong but jeggings are bad for VPL..so maybe Asshat’s too...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
On 5/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, Zevious Zoquis said:

I'm in decent shape and look young for my 53 years.  I've always been thin - but over the past few years I've gained a few pounds.  I'm still thin, but no longer "skinny."  I have no vices.  Non-smoker, social drinker, no drugs, no meds of any sort.  Also, I write well...which made it easy for me to get past the first few messages where a lot of guys maybe get filtered out because they say something stupid.  So, I got some good pics of myself (after doing a bit of research on what sorts of pics might work best) - and honestly, even though I'm not in a big city I had success right off the bat.  I met probably a dozen women over a year or so, and I'd say 4 of them had "real potential" - meaning both parties were into each other even after meeting.  Frankly the whole experience was a pretty big ego boost for me.  

Here's the thing though - probably 10 of the 12 cases had a really fantastic text message preamble before the first date.  Based on the week to 2 weeks of chat that occurred prior to setting a date there really seemed to be a great connection.  But 6 out of those 10 upon meeting pretty much just fizzled immediately.  All that great build-up just went up in smoke.  And in every case, even the one that "stuck", the initial meeting was at least a little awkward and uncomfortable.  You just don't really know anything until you actually meet.  

Although, the one that worked was very close to that.  It was pretty magical from chat to reality and that intitial awkwardness didn't last long...so it can actually work peeps!  lol...

Is taking medications a vice?!!😲

Apart from that I appreciate your insight. I gave up online dating after I realized 1. It takes up loads of time 2. Noone looks like their photos and 3. I only develop attraction for someone after spending loads of time with them in a situation where there is no pressure to be attracted to them 

• Love 3
On 5/18/2020 at 11:59 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

When he was talking to his sons, he never really answered their questions straight up, along with lying about her saying "no" she said NOT YET, DUMBASS.  

It's too bad that varya didn't literally say to Geoffrey "NOT YET, DUMBASS" I'd have a lot more respect for her if she had...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/19/2020 at 2:38 AM, magemaud said:

In contrast, I watched Erika's pink and purple hair for "roots" the entire time and only at the very end had the colors faded a bit and she had a little bit of dark hair growing out. 

I was watching for that too and it got to the point where I wondered if she had alopecia and the pink/purple was a wig.....