Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: The Hunt (2)

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Airing on May 10, 2020. This appears to be the finale and is part 2 from the previous episode. Putting this up now, as well, since both parts are available:

Nolan’s discovery goes much deeper than he expected and could put his life and career in jeopardy.

WAYYYYY too Predictable.  I was hoping they'd throw suspicion on a bunch of characters but they zeroed in on Armstrong early.

Always hate when the lead is put in danger on the cliffhanger  it is ridiculous.  We all know he is coming back.   It's so 80's too me.

Disappointed.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Msample said:

Filming for this episode must have been cut short based how much filler was used to recap the last episode. 

Yeah, I don't know how close the virus breaking was to this being filmed, maybe they were rushing to write and film it  I liked the first part - this part was just bad.  Who knows?

• Love 3

I'm pretty deeply annoyed with the ending of this season.

Its bad enough that they end on a cliffhanger of Nolan being wrongly accused of being on the take, but his dumb ass then decides that getting in a shoot out and then tearing his house up thinking he can dispose of the planted evidence is a viable solution.

The former, I can skip a few episodes at the beginning of the next season.  The latter is the main character being irredeemably a moron in perpetuity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

Wasn't there an episode from last season of Grey explaining to Nolan the police would know officer's debt and bank history? If Armstrong had money problems, wouldn't they know he just received a large sum of cash to pay off his debt and question where the money came from?

They still didn't explain how he got involved with the brothers and what they have on him.

Now we have camera footage in the cars to go with dash cam? Why not look at the camera of another police car parked behind Nolan's vehicle to see Erin take the gun last week?

Why did they need to look at wedding photos to see if Serj was driving the car? They have established cars have dash cams. At Chris' shooting site, there wasn't one car that caught Serj in the driver's seat? 

How many rooms were in the massage parlor? Bradford interrupted during peak business time!

Did Nolan have to tell Rosalind the truth about his relationship with Grace? Just make up a story so she can start talking about Armstrong. Stupid excuse to get Grace some screen time.

Of course, Armstrong and Nolan don't have home security alarms.

Armstrong tells Nolan he will confess, Nolan doesn't bother call Nyla or Grey with this info, goes to his house and leaves a shot Armstrong on his living room floor. For this, Nolan deserves what ever punishment he gets next season (if there is a next season).

When it's Nolan, a bullet proof vest will work!!!!

When did Nolan finish the construction work on his house? We were never invited to the unveiling. Doesn't matter now, he created enough damage to start a new project.

Bradford had enough time after the raid to use police equipment to find the Uber and pull it over to stop Rachael (who should have been in the air by that time). 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 9
(edited)

Does anyone really come home from work, to a dark house, and start washing his/her hands without turning on any lights??

When did Armstrong or whomever have the time & resources to transfer all the "evidence" and a gazillion dollars in cash to Nolan's house?

I hate dumb cliffhangers!

Edited by preeya
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, preeya said:

When did Armstrong or whomever have the time & resources to transfer all the "evidence" and a gazillion dollars in cash to Nolan's house?

Nolan was out of town at the prison, giving Armstrong a few hours to move everything from his laundry room.

1 hour ago, forumfish said:

All Nolan had to do was hide a cell phone in his shirt and record Armstrong. No need to rip up the house he spent so much time remodeling.

Rookie mistake.

(Sorry, someone had to say it.)

I was waiting for the reveal the whole time that he was recording Armstrong. Or that he had called Harper and she heard the whole thing. Stupid ending. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I will say, I did like the opening in Armstrongs point of view, at least that felt different.

is it bad that I was rooting for Armstrong to get away with it? We know whenever they get into Season 3, that Nolan will be fine after the first couple episodes. It’s not a cliffhanger and not shocking anymore.

Look, as cute as Tim was wanting to try and make a long distance relationship work, the fact that he vocalized he didn’t want to visit NY, says volumes. It’s obvious, they are going to try for a lil bit next season, but ultimately the bandaid he applied to a giant ass hole In The relationship will only be ripped off and they’ll break up. (Ultimately, I think it’s all a setup for Chen/Bradford possibly at the end of Season 3 into Season 4)

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CheetaraThunder said:

I will say, I did like the opening in Armstrongs point of view, at least that felt different.

is it bad that I was rooting for Armstrong to get away and for Nolan to get knocked off the high perch he sits upon? We know whenever they get into Season 3, that Nolan will be fine after the first couple episodes. It’s not a cliffhanger and not shocking anymore.

Look, as cute as Tim was wanting to try and make a long distance relationship work, the fact that he vocalized he didn’t want to visit NY, says volumes. It’s obvious, they are going to try for a lil bit next season, but ultimately the bandaid he applied to a giant ass hole In The relationship will only be ripped off and they’ll break up. (Ultimately, I think it’s all a setup for Chen/Bradford possibly at the end of Season 3 into Season 4)

What do you mean by the “high perch he sits on”? Nolan is like the least egoistic character on the show. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, devilhalo said:

What do you mean by the “high perch he sits on”? Nolan is like the least egoistic character on the show. 

Let me reword it...the writers present Nolan as this a White Knight hero. He’s able to solve everything and be the Big hero every episode. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Let me reword it...the writers present Nolan as this a White Knight hero. He’s able to solve everything and be the Big hero every episode. 

Oh in that case I agree with you. I don’t think it comes from a place of “sitting on a high perch” though. I think he genuinely wants to do the right thing and fix things but the writers need to tone that down. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, forumfish said:

Rookie mistake.

Heh. As soon as the episode was over, I said "Rookie mistake"  to myself. 
Should'a' been the title of the episode.

So the only sign of Armstrong's handiwork in Nolan's house was a small drag mark of dry wall near the entryway?
Serious question: Did Armstrong say he was a master craftsman house remodeler himself when he and Nolan were doing their first bro bonding?
Another serious question: Did they reveal Nyla as a dirty cop too? 

• Useful 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

is it bad that I was rooting for Armstrong to get away with it?

If he didn't kill Erin, then I would be pro "Armstrong" and let's find Nolan a cell next to Rosalind. 

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Another serious question: Did they reveal Nyla as a dirty cop too?

No. Serj only said Nolan to Grey.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
(edited)

Grey: Harper, get Nolan and move out.

Harper: I have some critical info...

Grey: No time for that

Harper: Let me ride with you...

Edited by paigow
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I liked the recap with Armstrong's POV. I liked the cat and mouse...

and then it got dumb.

I really, really hope the whole first ep of next season isn't Nolan on the lam.

• Love 11

Even though nolan rushed home - like an idiot - I'll bet he had forgotten the tape recorder/phone he had in his pocket that will clear him immediately. Did he really leave a detective laying - cuffed - on the floor BLEEDING?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Goldmoon said:

Even though nolan rushed home - like an idiot - I'll bet he had forgotten the tape recorder/phone he had in his pocket that will clear him immediately. Did he really leave a detective laying - cuffed - on the floor BLEEDING?

Golly, I hope so. I really hope next season opens with Nolan lounging around Ben's (Currie Graham) pool finishing up the story of how he got cleared. 

Or if they have to do some COVID pandemic story integration, they can be Zooming the convo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Rookie mistake indeed!

2 hours ago, Goldmoon said:

Even though nolan rushed home - like an idiot - I'll bet he had forgotten the tape recorder/phone he had in his pocket that will clear him immediately.

I was sure he was going to reveal to Armstrong that he had been recording their conversation or had someone listening in on the phone. When he raced home, I was disappointed. It's not like they aren't going to clear him - he's the star of the show, he's not going to do 25 to life for being part of killing a cop.

If it turns out he really did have a recorder, but ran home and tore down his walls anyway, I may be done with this mess. Maybe Officer Erin will come out of his shower and it will all be a dream.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

If it turns out he really did have a recorder, but ran home and tore down his walls anyway, I may be done with this mess.

How about if it turns out that the shot to Nolan's chest (he was wearing a vest, right?) started his phone recording, unbeknownst to him?
Or maybe the shot to Armstrong started his camcorder?
IDK. Would there be enough revealing dialog at that point to clear Nolan? 

Is it wrong if I really want red-haired unicorn serial killer lady (the character, not the actress) to have died of COVID-19 when the show continues? I mean, it's probably the most plausible plot development this show could have.

• Love 4

Part of my comment from Episode 2.5:  "I want more of the new detective - I think he has a shady side, but like the rapport with him and Nolan."

Someone needs to explain to me what Nolan saw that caused him to start destroying his house.  If, as someone said above, it was drywall, that makes no sense.  For the hiding place Nolan eventually found, they wouldn't have needed new drywall.  In fact, they couldn't have, since it was wallpapered, unless they conveniently had extra wallpaper hanging around.  Of course, that also means they couldn't have removed one big piece intact and replaced it as Nolan found it, either. 

Armstrong told Nolan he had just hid the money in his house that day, so why was he destroying walls that had -0- evidence of being messed with.  On a plain wall it would be obvious if it were cut open and repaired that day.  Eh, don't even know why I'm trying... that was a really stupid scene. 

This episode had a hard time keeping my attention.  I never really got Armstrong's motivation for hanging with the mob, but I don't really care either.  For a second there, I thought Bradford was dirty, too.  Any chance he is?  That would make him more interesting.

Oh, and Grace is an idiot for reconciling "for the kid".  Yeah, like that ever works.  Not.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Golly, I hope so. I really hope next season opens with Nolan lounging around Ben's (Currie Graham) pool finishing up the story of how he got cleared. 

The thing is that Nolan getting cleared doesn't really fix that much as far as the show goes.

Nolan and his TO went off on their own to investigate a detective they thought was on the take and a murderer.

Nolan broke into the Detective's house because a serial killer told him information that wouldn't get a warrant for a judge.  So how is a cop breaking in supposed to side step that?

Nolan then returns and gets in a shoot out with that Detective. 

Then leaves the Detective cuffed and bleeding while he tears his house apart with a sledge hammer.  How is he going to explain that in a way that isn't a crime of some sort?

This is a show that was claiming a couple episodes ago that Nolan having his identity stolen put his career in jeopardy.

Realistically, if Nolan gets cleared he still gets fired.

I tend to think the show isn't ready to move away from the training officer/rookie dynamic so they went overkill with creating a reason that Nolan has to redo his rookie training as punishment.  I predict he is cleared but does something so publicly heroic that the department can't fire him.

I do wonder if we are in for a shuffling of the cast to have a new cast of rookies.  Nyla would be in trouble too for giving her rookie stupid advice that he ran with.  This barring a scenario where they just ignore the problems they created for themselves which they've been known to do before.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I tend to think the show isn't ready to move away from the training officer/rookie dynamic

Nolan AND Bradford join the NYPD as the oldest rookies in history...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, paigow said:

Speaking of, I felt like I had totally missed something that episode.  It kind of sounded like Bradford was being told that NYPD is so superior to LAPD that he'd be a rookie again.  That seemed....odd.  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Nyla would be in trouble too for giving her rookie stupid advice that he ran with. 

But she has that mysterious "golden ticket" she keeps bragging about, so she should be fine.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Speaking of, I felt like I had totally missed something that episode.  It kind of sounded like Bradford was being told that NYPD is so superior to LAPD that he'd be a rookie again.  That seemed....odd.  

This is how the conversation with Gray & Bradford went regarding a transfer to NYPD:

What about NYPD?

[SIGHS] That's a whole other beast. You would have to go to the NYPD Academy, complete the FTO program before you'd even be allowed back on the streets. You would basically be starting from square one.  [LAUGHS]  In fact [CLEARS THROAT]  you would be the John Nolan of the NYPD.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

The thing is that Nolan getting cleared doesn't really fix that much as far as the show goes.

Nolan and his TO went off on their own to investigate a detective they thought was on the take and a murderer.

Nolan broke into the Detective's house because a serial killer told him information that wouldn't get a warrant for a judge.  So how is a cop breaking in supposed to side step that?

Nolan then returns and gets in a shoot out with that Detective. 

Then leaves the Detective cuffed and bleeding while he tears his house apart with a sledge hammer.  How is he going to explain that in a way that isn't a crime of some sort?

This is a show that was claiming a couple episodes ago that Nolan having his identity stolen put his career in jeopardy.

Realistically, if Nolan gets cleared he still gets fired.

I tend to think the show isn't ready to move away from the training officer/rookie dynamic so they went overkill with creating a reason that Nolan has to redo his rookie training as punishment.  I predict he is cleared but does something so publicly heroic that the department can't fire him.

I do wonder if we are in for a shuffling of the cast to have a new cast of rookies.  Nyla would be in trouble too for giving her rookie stupid advice that he ran with.  This barring a scenario where they just ignore the problems they created for themselves which they've been known to do before.

Okay. So how about COVID-19 rips through the precinct so that nobody survives to remember what happened? 
I just don't want to watch a long drawn out thing with Nolan incarcerated. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, paigow said:

What crime lord wants to recruit a bunch of dirty rookies? They might washout or get themselves killed by being dumb. 

And more importantly, Nolan--a mid 40s police rookie, former contractor from central Pennsylvania who knew almost no one when he moved out to LA. There has been a laser focus on Nolan from the beginning for fear that his body would give out from the rigors of the job, that he was just too old a dog to learn new tricks, that the change in environment and experience would be too much, or a combination of the previous 3 would cause Nolan to wash out. A smart criminal would never bet on Nolan because Nolan is such a risky high profile gamble who might never actually make it through his training period successfully. A 25 year old from central Pennsylvania? A much better bet. A mid 40s person who had recently retired from the military and was transitioning to the police? Also a much better bet. John Nolan? Bribing John Nolan is the gamble that a criminal kingpin who loves an underdog story makes. Said criminal kingpin would still also bribe rookies who had a much better chance of making it to a real police career. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

It's mostly due to union contracts.  Many (most? practically all?) big city police unions have clauses in the contracts that almost eliminate the chance of lateral hires from other police departments.  Everyone comes in at the bottom, no matter your experience from another department.  Some of this makes sense - each city is unique, each department has their own rules & regulations, unit cohesiveness, etc.  But a lot of it is good ol' job protection.  The only place you can transfer into from the outside is management. 

Edited by chaifan
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, paigow said:

What crime lord wants to recruit a bunch of dirty rookies? They might washout or get themselves killed by being dumb. 

get them young and you have them for their whole career

• Love 2
On 5/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I'm pretty deeply annoyed with the ending of this season.

Its bad enough that they end on a cliffhanger of Nolan being wrongly accused of being on the take, but his dumb ass then decides that getting in a shoot out and then tearing his house up thinking he can dispose of the planted evidence is a viable solution.

The former, I can skip a few episodes at the beginning of the next season.  The latter is the main character being irredeemably a moron in perpetuity.

I hope it was rushed due to the pandemic - they should use that as an excuse in any case.

they can say Nolan had a fever (he does hang around the hospital a lot) and dreamed the whole thing...woopsie....and he had chinese drywall exposure too  and boogie fever and rockie mountain tick cruddies too. yeah - a coma is the way to go.

On 5/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, forumfish said:

All Nolan had to do was hide a cell phone in his shirt and record Armstrong. No need to rip up the house he spent so much time remodeling.

Rookie mistake.

I love Nate but .... just no.  and i sat through Castle.

On 5/11/2020 at 12:17 AM, preeya said:

Does anyone really come home from work, to a dark house, and start washing his/her hands without turning on any lights??

I hate dumb cliffhangers!

SUCK-HANGER you mean

10 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

So really, this is a three parter... 

No, he's not... 

He's a dumbass. 

Too dumb to live! 

I am shocked he wasn't recording it like any sane person would. The man invited Nolan into his house and greeted him upon entering, he would have that on tape.

Sure, California is a two party consent state, but it would at least prove Nolan's innocence, even if it weren't able to be used in a case against Armstrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, paigow said:

Yeah, Bradford was already on the fence about possibly going to NY and when Grey told him that, it was over. Bradford legitimately cares for Rachel, especially since she is complete opposite of Isabel, but you know this long distance stuff is ripe for future drama and a break up. I mean, he was ready to “rip the bandaid” off and break it off. But, he is a nice guy, so try and make it work, I guess.

Please, don’t pair off Lopez and Nolan because Nolan wants to fast track to detective (even though you know they’ll find a way to get him there by seas. 3 finale).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bros402 said:

I am shocked he wasn't recording it like any sane person would. The man invited Nolan into his house and greeted him upon entering, he would have that on tape.

Sure, California is a two party consent state, but it would at least prove Nolan's innocence, even if it weren't able to be used in a case against Armstrong.

Perhaps Nolan has a well hidden security cam in his newly renovated house and caught the perp(s) doing the deed.

Everyone knows he's not going down for this.

• Love 1

Some are making it sound like there's no real point to a cliffhanger because we all know he'll get out of it.  Obviously Nolan is not going down, Armstrong's attempt to frame him will fail, etc.  The real question is *how* he gets out of it.  It's up to the show to present a situation that seems impossible to resolve, and then (hopefully) give us something plausible that we just didn't think of.  Nolan having a recording of the conversation makes no sense because he wouldn't have been panicking like that if he had it all recorded.  So hopefully they don't go that route.  Yeah, it was dumb that he was bashing holes in the walls, but like I said, he was panicking.  The resolution has to be something that makes sense based on what we've seen, yet is unexpected.

I don't like cliffhangers either, because they're usually dumb and I honestly don't expect the resolution here to be any different.  But with Bradford, and later Chen, there was at least some tension because it seemed possible that they wouldn't make it out alive.  By killing the captain in the middle of Season 1, they established that this could happen.  Or at least I thought that's what they were doing.  It's a cop show, and to be realistic, it can and does happen.  But this isn't exactly a realistic cop show, so who knows?

Anyway, Nolan will get out of it, I don't see how, but I hope it's not stupid.  We'll see.

• Love 4

Pretty disappointed in this finale overall.

To me, Nolan's actions make zero sense when compared to the personality traits the writers have set for him over the course of two seasons. He has a strong sense of what is right, he plays by the rules, he follows the chain of command and given that he's a mature adult in his late 40s, we've also seen that he's pragmatic, empathetic and generally not one to take unnecessary risks to "prove himself" as so many younger officers would. Yeah, there've been outliers - but in general, that's how they've differentiated him from the other rookies/officers.

Then we have this mess - he goes completely rogue and he tells no one where he is and has no back-up, breaks into a detective's house, doesn't stand still (quietly) when Armstrong comes home and continues rooting through his stuff, is stupid enough to be seen fleeing, doesn't record anything when he confronts Armstrong, doesn't have a security system in his own house (despite having a break-in with a shooting in his previous home), starts shooting at Armstrong, then leaves him handcuffed and on the floor to run back to his own house (once again, not calling for back-up or trying to tell one single person what's happening) and proceeds to tear his house apart (missing yet another opportunity to call anyone). At least we have Harper wise to what's going on, but I'm seriously struggling with almost every decision he made this episode being so incongruent to who he is. He doesn't always make the best decisions, but this is kind of off the deep end - even for him.

I have a feeling they'll resolve this pretty quickly next season when we learn that Harper went to the Sergeant and told him everything, but they'll arrest Nolan as a cover while they continue investigating Armstrong to bring him down. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Lunula said:

I have a feeling they'll resolve this pretty quickly next season when we learn that Harper went to the Sergeant and told him everything, but they'll arrest Nolan as a cover while they continue investigating Armstrong to bring him down. 

I think having Harper save the day is the only plausible way out of this.  First, she tells Grey everything even before the bad guy fingered Nolan, and Grey is just playing along for some reason right now.  Second, Harper and/or Grey were smart enough to have surveillance on Nolan's house all day (or on Armstrong) and someone saw/recorded Armstrong going in with a giant duffle bag and construction equipment and leaving with a big grin on his face. 

Speaking of, if Armstrong had enough time to do all that, why didn't he just take all that cash and run, head down to Mexico or wherever? 

However they choose to go, I just hope they resolve this in one episode, two max.  Having it drag on will be incredibly boring.  Assuming, of course, they actually get back to filming anytime soon and we have a season 3 before 2021. 

• Love 4
On 5/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I didn't think he was planning to dispose of the planted evidence.  I thought he needed to know if it really existed, and then he'd know how to explain it.  Since he didn't find it in the first two walls, that might indicate to others investigating that he didn't hide it, that it really was planted.

46 minutes ago, Orbert said:

Anyway, Nolan will get out of it, I don't see how, but I hope it's not stupid.  We'll see.

We will indeed.  I agree, and I hope it makes some sense.  I enjoy the series, but sometimes you just end up handwaving ~ and a miracle happens here.

4 hours ago, preeya said:

Perhaps Nolan has a well hidden security cam in his newly renovated house and caught the perp(s) doing the deed.

Everyone knows he's not going down for this.

Didn’t Nolan have a discussion about security after he was attacked in his home in an earlier episode? Oh. No. That was us. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Michael - I mean "Armstrong" - is never going to get his soul off that island from "Lost" if he keeps going from show to show, killing LAPD police officers!

It's a shame he turned out to be the crooked cop.  I actually liked him on this show; he seemed to have a good, realistic relationship with several of the other characters on the show; he was a good mentor.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

Michael - I mean "Armstrong" - is never going to get his soul off that island from "Lost" if he keeps going from show to show, killing LAPD police officers!

It's a shame he turned out to be the crooked cop.  I actually liked him on this show; he seemed to have a good, realistic relationship with several of the other characters on the show; he was a good mentor.

I agree. I mean Armstrong and Nolan seemed like they could relate to one another, being close in age and both formerly married. Too bad. 

• Love 3
On 5/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, Lunula said:

Pretty disappointed in this finale overall.

To me, Nolan's actions make zero sense when compared to the personality traits the writers have set for him over the course of two seasons. 

Then we have this mess - he goes completely rogue and he tells no one where he is and has no back-up, breaks into a detective's house, doesn't stand still (quietly) when Armstrong comes home and continues rooting through his stuff, is stupid enough to be seen fleeing, doesn't record anything when he confronts Armstrong, doesn't have a security system in his own house (despite having a break-in with a shooting in his previous home), starts shooting at Armstrong, then leaves him handcuffed and on the floor to run back to his own house (once again, not calling for back-up or trying to tell one single person what's happening) and proceeds to tear his house apart (missing yet another opportunity to call anyone). At least we have Harper wise to what's going on, but I'm seriously struggling with almost every decision he made this episode being so incongruent to who he is. He doesn't always make the best decisions, but this is kind of off the deep end - even for him.

I agree this was disappointing.  Taking the rest to the speculation thread.

• Love 1

I think we may find that things aren't as they appear and that there were things Nolan did that we weren't shown. Did he call Harper during his frantic racing back to his house? Was he actually recording Armstrong and we just weren't shown it? For all we know those sirens could be Harper and Gray rushing to Nolan's home. 

I think its very possible this will play out not at all like we've been led to believe.

As for Nolan, I don't want a Boy Scout character. I want a character who is human, has flaws, makes mistakes and learns from them, but is innately good, caring, intelligent and conscientious.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, BlakesMomma said:

I think we may find that things aren't as they appear and that there were things Nolan did that we weren't shown. Did he call Harper during his frantic racing back to his house? Was he actually recording Armstrong and we just weren't shown it? For all we know those sirens could be Harper and Gray rushing to Nolan's home. 

I think its very possible this will play out not at all like we've been led to believe.

As for Nolan, I don't want a Boy Scout character. I want a character who is human, has flaws, makes mistakes and learns from them, but is innately good, caring, intelligent and conscientious.

I actually loved him In the episode. I loved that he made mistakes. Pretty big ones. They have been showing him too perfect lately. It was time to take him down a few pegs.