Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: The Hunt (2)

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

I don't mind when Nolan makes some mistakes. I agree that it humanizes him. But there's a difference between making a mistake and just being woefully incompetent and I think Nolan tended towards the latter this episode.

Nolan going rogue isn't too shocking, as he went rogue to take down the government agents a few episodes ago (it was even a pointed thing, as the others were all, "Man, Nolan would never do something like this" and he was all, "Oh yeah, I will"). 

It was clear that this was the route they were going with Armstrong when the serial killer lady gave Nolan a warning about him (I mean, come on, what writer has a cryptic warning like that not pay off?) and then the clincher was when the computer expert went out of his way to tell us how Armstrong was the best cop (the computer expert whose technology was completely unreliable that episode). So clearly, this was what they were always planning with Armstrong, but it's a shame, as Perrineau is an excellent actor.  However, with the show almost certainly adding new cast members next season to give us more rookies (if the show is renewed period, of course), then there really wouldn't be a lot of room for Armstrong, anyways. 

On 5/11/2020 at 3:22 AM, CheetaraThunder said:

Look, as cute as Tim was wanting to try and make a long distance relationship work, the fact that he vocalized he didn’t want to visit NY, says volumes.

Well, he wasn't wrong. LDR might work if they are temporary - like one person is away for school or a short-term work assignment. But if both intend to stay where they are, then the occasional visit will feel not enough, yet you know things won't change.

I'm not hugely familiar with the field of social work, but since this storyline came up, I really had to wonder. What on earth is a "dream job" for a social worker that would be worth moving cross country for?? I would think the positions in that field are pretty similar wherever you are.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Well, he wasn't wrong. LDR might work if they are temporary - like one person is away for school or a short-term work assignment. But if both intend to stay where they are, then the occasional visit will feel not enough, yet you know things won't change.

I'm not hugely familiar with the field of social work, but since this storyline came up, I really had to wonder. What on earth is a "dream job" for a social worker that would be worth moving cross country for?? I would think the positions in that field are pretty similar wherever you are.

I guess it could be just like Tim. If he went to New York while still a police officer he would be a Boot all over again while he is on the LAPD Sergeants list. She may just be moving up from the street worker to supervisor as well as east.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Raja said:

She may just be moving up from the street worker to supervisor as well as east.

Right...but if that were the case, then presumably there are supervisory positions within any social service agency. Rachel made it seem like whatever job she was moving for was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, yet didn't really specify just what that entailed.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

I'm guessing some kind of big non-profit, or maybe something with the UN? Although if it were UN big, they would've said that - and probably would have had a background check storyline where Tim gets interviewed by the Secret Service for her background check.

• Love 1

Absolutely hated this cliffhanger.  As others have noted it made no sense with the way the writers have structured Nolan's character.  The Rookie has a lot going for it but this was just lazy and stupid given that Fillion is the star.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, limecoke said:

Absolutely hated this cliffhanger.  As others have noted it made no sense with the way the writers have structured Nolan's character.  The Rookie has a lot going for it but this was just lazy and stupid given that Fillion is the star.

tbh when watching, I thought this was only the season finale because of COVID, then when I read they finished all of their episodes before COVID shut productions down, I was just flabbergasted.

Why didn't they look at Erin's phone (or phones) to get her call and text history? They would have been able to get the number that Armstrong used to contact her that way.  Much easier than that whole useless thing with Armstrong.

• Love 1

Burner phones.

But how cheap are phones in the US that people can afford to buy what appear to be smartphones and then toss them away? I do understand about buying a card with time on it, we used to do that with a phone when we were travelling. But it was just a phone, I don't think we could even text on it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, femmefan1946 said:

Burner phones.

But how cheap are phones in the US that people can afford to buy what appear to be smartphones and then toss them away? I do understand about buying a card with time on it, we used to do that with a phone when we were travelling. But it was just a phone, I don't think we could even text on it.

My limited knowledge on burner phones is, they're cheap, $20 or less, and you can talk and text.  They're often used with prepaid time/text.  My last flip phone, before I got a smart phone, could text, take & send pictures, and of course call/receive to talk.

This week, I rewatched the penultimate episode, and last night watched this episode, in anticipation for tonight's season 3 opener.  I'm sure all's well that ends well, but I expect some tense moments and some twists and turns.  I just hope they don't drag this into multiple episodes without resolving things. 

• Love 1