Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/20/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

He had previously dissed her on social media.

Guess he should have stuck with his original findings. Just wait a few more months....he'll be clawing the walls.

WTF is on Mags' head?!!! She looks ridiculous. Is that supposed to hide her roots?

Edited by Sam Spayaid
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

WTF is on Mags' head?!!! She looks ridiculous. Is that supposed to hide her roots?

I actually don't mind most of Meghan's look today - it's better than the trucker hat and oversized glasses!  To me, what is more distracting is her unevenly penciled in eyebrows.  I get that we all can't get proper personal grooming (i.e., brow shaping, waxing, etc.), but her's look like they've also been enhanced with pencil or shadow.

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Sunny is right, the numbers aren’t going down here AT ALL. Gov. Kemp is a straight up asshole for this. As a PoC I’m of the opinion that he saw the numbers showing how black people are disproportionately getting affected by this and decided now is the time to reopen salons and such. Might sound harsh, but it is what it is. Anyway Idc what Kemp says, I’m staying my behind inside.

I agree with Whoopi, we could’ve had Stacey Abrams 🤷🏽‍♀️

yes, our governor is a disgrace and I am embarrassed for the whole state every time he has one of his idiotic press conferences. I don't often agree with Whoopie, but, yeah, Stacy would have handled this crisis responsibly.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

If you dont want Meghan McCain to criticize what you're doing, just carry a gun.

She was wrong when she said protestors were exercising their rights by carrying guns. When the governor issues a shelter in place order, then congregating in a group is illegal. Carrying a gun doesnt suddenly make it ok.

Megan, there is no both sides to this.  Megan, there is no need to carry a gun everywhere like some small child carrying their blankie or dollie.  Those protester's were putting their kids at risk.  A 5 year old died FFS. 

She really needs to quit thinking RED STATE/BLUE STATE and think like a logical human being.   The guns had zip to do with that protest.  It was simply intimidation by covidiots.  News should be grand in their area in about 10 days. 

• Love 24

"A kill shot"?  Lovely metaphor, Meghan.  Not sure exactly what she thinks has been "killed".  It's way too early to know what will happen in November.  

"It's going to make people want to buy cheaper oil prices"?  What in the heck?  Besides, this is not the kind of oil that people buy themselves.  I also saw a headline yesterday that said this won't lower gasoline prices.

I doubt most of the country is aware of AOC's tweet, so it's hardly "botching" anything.

Yes, Sunny!  That Pelosi interview was shown a week ago last night on Corden's show.  And that just proves, contrary to Meghan saying, "It's not manufacturing outrage" that it's manufactured outrage.  Of course it is.  Who went and figured out which refrigerator was in Nancy Pelosi's kitchen and how much it cost and made that an issue?  I actually heard about the ad they showed shortly before the show started, couldn't believe it, and googled it.  There were two pages of links to conservative websites with articles about Pelosi's refrigerator and the ice cream in it.   

Meghan - "I'm not someone who's susceptible to fear mongering, at all"!!!!!!!!  Not only is she susceptible, she's a major trafficker of fear mongering!  And Meghan, you don't bring up your past at Fox News to prove that you don't fear monger.  You kind of just proved the exact opposite.  

"Looking down the barrel" twice.  She's using a lot of gun imagery today.

But then later, she's still pearl clutching several minutes after first hearing about a man going out to get his mail without any pants on.

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

She really needs to quit thinking RED STATE/BLUE STATE and think like a logical human being. 

Well that ship sailed a long time ago. Meghan doesn't understand or accept logic because it doesn't fit her narrative which is everything has winners and losers. You are either with her or against her.  For someone who majored in art history she sure is someone who fails to see anything other than in black and white. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, lusinia said:

"A kill shot"?  Lovely metaphor, Meghan.  Not sure exactly what she thinks has been "killed".  It's way too early to know what will happen in November.  

"It's going to make people want to buy cheaper oil prices"?  What in the heck?  Besides, this is not the kind of oil that people buy themselves.  I also saw a headline yesterday that said this won't lower gasoline prices.

I doubt most of the country is aware of AOC's tweet, so it's hardly "botching" anything.

Yes, Sunny!  That Pelosi interview was shown a week ago last night on Corden's show.  And that just proves, contrary to Meghan saying, "It's not manufacturing outrage" that it's manufactured outrage.  Of course it is.  Who went and figured out which refrigerator was in Nancy Pelosi's kitchen and how much it cost and made that an issue?  I actually heard about the ad they showed shortly before the show started, couldn't believe it, and googled it.  There were two pages of links to conservative websites with articles about Pelosi's refrigerator and the ice cream in it.   

Meghan - "I'm not someone who's susceptible to fear mongering, at all"!!!!!!!!  Not only is she susceptible, she's a major trafficker of fear mongering!  And Meghan, you don't bring up your past at Fox News to prove that you don't fear monger.  You kind of just proved the exact opposite.  

But then later, she's still pearl clutching several minutes after first hearing about a man going out to get his mail without any pants on.

The fridge thing is super stupid!  I saw a pic of one of the Fox hosts in front of HIS fancy fridge.  They all need to STFU.  One can find receipts for everything online.  People are dying.  Quit worrying about what houses the food some rich person eats.  Like it was a mystery what is in their kitchen.  And yes Megan, you are a fear  monger.  

• Love 21
46 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

I thought maybe Rosie the Riveter!   All American always😂

Meghan would hate that I said that, wouldn't she, but I said it because she was wearing a French sailor's top - Wikipedia

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, lusinia said:

It’s a CULTURAL thing.

Who is going to remember Nancy’s refrigerator by Nov?  As usual Meg is seizing on something trivial (that she saw on Fox) and making more out of it than anyone cares. 

• Love 18
On 4/20/2020 at 12:29 PM, OnTime said:

Oh those giant glasses!  A six year old wearing Harry Potter glasses.

Just when I think I won't comment about them......

Meghan reads this board!

She didn't have the giant glasses on today.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Megan, there is no both sides to this.  Megan, there is no need to carry a gun everywhere like some small child carrying their blankie or dollie.  Those protester's were putting their kids at risk.  A 5 year old died FFS. 

She really needs to quit thinking RED STATE/BLUE STATE and think like a logical human being.   The guns had zip to do with that protest.  It was simply intimidation by covidiots.  News should be grand in their area in about 10 days. 

I think they did a parody of that on Family Guy.  Only it was RED SHIRT/BLUE SHIRT.  Lol stupid i know but made me laugh.  Couldnt tell you what the rest was about 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

Whoopi, a lot of us in Georgia DID vote for Stacey Abrams, but since Kemp was the Secretary of State at the time, overseeing his own election, there was no way she was going to win.  We are among the lowest in the nation in being tested, and now he is opening up places that could and should stay closed. How he can say we are prepared to reopen I do not understand. I am beyond desperate to get my hair cut, but I've waited this long, I can and will continue to wait about getting it cut. 

Omg i am jones'n for a haircut but like you, am veeeeeeeeery leery.  I'll watch for a while to see how they do it.

• Love 4

MM both sides again....no Meghan, it isn’t a case of both the governors and the White House working together.  The governors have been trying to work with the WH from the start.  I really hate Her “both sides” crap.  But she did surprise me in agreeing on the fact that gun rights are strong right now..e.g. here in WA state gun ranges are considered “essential”.  I agreed with the ladies (even MM!) re the bill maher piece and media.  I think There can be a bit of a balance at this point...and, as Sunny said, facts. But it has to be carefully done.  I actually thought MM’s comment re trumps potential manipulation was a good one.  

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I have a different opinion regarding the Pelosi ad. It is a bit of faux outrage, but it's more about the optics of Pelosi talking about expensive ice cream and chocolate with her two fully stocked expensive fridges when there's more than 22 million who have lost their jobs is a smart play from Trump. He's a horrible president, but he knows how to go after his opponents.

I agree that the imagery is bad and it’s smart politics to use that, but is Trump really the right messenger to talk about privilege and excess?  

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

A kill shot MM....really?  Anyone with a brain can see that this is a scam ad.  Give the people in middle of the country some credit.  And saying the Ds need to be concerned about people getting food, etc...exactly what do you think the Dems have been doing for the past few weeks, Meghan?  Talk to your own party because the Dems have been trying to help the regular folks all along.  

• Love 19
55 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Omg i am jones'n for a haircut but like you, am veeeeeeeeery leery.  I'll watch for a while to see how they do it.

I have a question about this but I will take it to small talk. 

9 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Wait are they seriously discussing this Nancy Pelosi ice cream thing? Good God Meghan, STFU. It’s manufactured outrage like Sunny said.

I respectfully disagree, watching that ad only fueled my anger on Both sides of the house. Like Nancy all of these politicians have plenty of money to live on and stock their fridges. Meanwhile my aunt waited in line for three and a half hours at a food bank in San Antonio to receive a bag of onions, pototoes, one dozen eggs, a gallon of milk, and instant oatmeal.

It is very easy for all of these politicians to waste time and argue and accomplish nothing. My only gripe on the ad is that it should show as many house members fridges as possible, but Nancy was the only one they had footage for. Expose them all, I say.

• Love 8

It was funny when Whoopie was talking to Governor Hogan about the guy picking up his mail without wearing pants and the Governor said he hoped the guy was wearing a mask.  Don’t mess with the mask police in Maryland!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

I respectfully disagree, watching that ad only fueled my anger on Both sides of the house. Like Nancy all of these politicians have plenty of money to live on and stock their fridges. Meanwhile my aunt waited in line for three and a half hours at a food bank in San Antonio to receive a bag of onions, pototoes, one dozen eggs, a gallon of milk, and instant oatmeal.

It is very easy for all of these politicians to waste time and argue and accomplish nothing. My only gripe on the ad is that it should show as many house members fridges as possible, but Nancy was the only one they had footage for. Expose them all, I say.

Same here. It's a smart ad.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:12 AM, Medicine Crow said:

We all know what "Day of Hot Topics" means ... they're still scrambling for a guest, any guest!!!  LOL.

Yay! That means they will book Jason Biggs again this week ! I can't wait for that !  And if we're really lucky, they'll squeeze in another 'View Your Deal' this week while unemployment numbers rise. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Yay! That means they will book Jason Biggs again this week ! I can't wait for that !  And if we're really lucky, they'll squeeze in another 'View Your Deal' this week while unemployment numbers rise. 

Now, you know that Lance Bass and Mario Lopez would also appear at the opening of a sewer drain if there was a camera there, so, if Jason Biggs isn’t available, it could be one of them.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I actually don't mind most of Meghan's look today - it's better than the trucker hat and oversized glasses!  To me, what is more distracting is her unevenly penciled in eyebrows.  

That trucker hat was the worst thing that has ever been worn in the history of The View!  I don't mind the knotted headband she wore today. I think it's cute. They're actually very trendy. I remember Joy wore one a few times last year. I even remember MM complimenting her on it...Personally, I didn't think Joy pulled it off too well because she's too....ahem, mature....for this type trendy accessory that the young girls are wearing.

image.png.f29b60dce9ad8a4261cb13ee6ab19c00.png

Edited by Blissfool
found a pic of Joy
  • Love 5

not gonna lie...I now want me some of that Jeni's ice cream. I had never heard of that company. Of course, Whoopi sends it to friends. 

Can't wait til its a View Your Deal so I can get it cheaper!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

not gonna lie...I now want me some of that Jeni's ice cream. I had never heard of that company. Of course, Whoopi sends it to friends. 

I don't know if you'll be able to order the ice cream, but, I'm sure Oprah will have some ice cream bowls with self affirming platitudes on them - 2 for $50- one will say "A smile is just a frown turned upside down" and the other "Today is the first day of the rest of your life!"   Or, a one time only opportunity to buy a giant bowl for $75 that says,

" You go somewhere and there you are!"

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I remember Joy wore one a few times last year. I even remember MM complimenting her on it

I'm pretty sure I remember Meghan saying at the time that she gave one to Joy, either one of her own or a new one.  Thus, the compliment. 

56 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

not gonna lie...I now want me some of that Jeni's ice cream. I had never heard of that company.

I had never heard of it either, and since I love ice cream, I immediately bookmarked their website as soon as Nancy Pelosi mentioned it on James Corden's show.  I haven't even checked it out yet since it's already way too hot where I live to be buying mail-order ice cream, no matter how much dry ice they ship it with.  Maybe next winter.   

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I want some Jeni’s ice cream now too! I received my $1200 stimulus check last week, hmmm lol. Thanks Nancy for showing us your freezer! 💕😁

In all seriousness if it ever does make its way to View Your Deal and the discount is decent enough, I’ll probably make my first VYD purchase ever haha.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Messy parroting the right's outrage over Pelosi's fridge is just so laughable because all of those people who are trashing her have expensive stuff in their luxurious homes.  They are doing anything and everything to distract from what is currently affecting the country.  Pelosi earned her money and therefore she could do whatever the hell she wants with it.

image.gif.a3c820d3c072264e2f4ebe3a5e41201f.gif
giphy.gif

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

In all seriousness if it ever does make its way to View Your Deal and the discount is decent enough, I’ll probably make my first VYD purchase ever haha.

me too! Seriously!

4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I just went to Jeni's website.  $12 a pint.  None for me.

That's why we gotta wait for it to be a View Your Deal.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

me too! Seriously!

That's why we gotta wait for it to be a View Your Deal.

Exactly! Like I said upthread if it makes its way to VYD at a decent enough price, I’ll order some out of sheer curiosity. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 2

Jeni's is a Columbus institution. And a small business to boot. I guess Nancy should have just stocked up on Great Value Neopolitan.

Haters are gonna hate Pelosi regardless of what she does. And you know what? Nancy don't give a shit.

On another note, Joy seems to be suffering from a bit of Corona Spread. She was busting out of her shirt during the Hogan interview.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Is that a Burberry scarf Joy is wearing? 

I don't know about that, Joy.  Weren't you just saying yesterday that Nancy Pelosi should keep any evidence of her wealth off-camera?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

And she looks so cute in that turban. 

Now she looks adorable where Mags looked bloody ridiculous. Silly and so not age appropriate. Ana looks like the lady of the manor. All she needs is a long cigarette holder and a cocktail.

18 hours ago, Axie said:

Now, you know that Lance Bass and Mario Lopez would also appear at the opening of a sewer drain if there was a camera there, so, if Jason Biggs isn’t available, it could be one of them.

Throw in Mario Cantone....

• LOL 1
  • Love 11