Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/20/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

I guess I have Covid brain because I watched the shows with Stacey Abrams and Jay Inslee after a very long layoff of actually watching.  I think the ladies of The View look much better from their perches at home than in the actual studio.  Ana looked like she was struggling with those false eyelashes, but, her makeup was better and she rocked the turban.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I guess I have Covid brain because I watched the shows with Stacey Abrams and Jay Inslee after a very long layoff of actually watching.  I think the ladies of The View look much better from their perches at home than in the actual studio.  Ana looked like she was struggling with those false eyelashes, but, her makeup was better and she rocked the turban.

I’m kinda surprised Sunny still looks so good after all these weeks without the pros working on her. I know she’s super vain so I’m sure she’s good at fixing herself up but I thought the false lashes and hair extensions would’ve needed some tune ups by now.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

I was thinking if this is still the case, then she could visit with them, then I remembered that her son-in-law is a physician's assistant, so if he's still working, and living at home, visits wouldn't be a good idea.

I remember Joy saying years ago that she gets keratin treatments on her hair.  Considering how curly her natural hair is, she probably still does.  She may have been due for a treatment, and has hair that is nearly unmanageable at this point.  I'm sure that's just one more frustration on the pile.

Joy isn’t in the city. She’s at her house in the Hamptons.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

I’m kinda surprised Sunny still looks so good after all these weeks without the pros working on her. I know she’s super vain so I’m sure she’s good at fixing herself up but I thought the false lashes and hair extensions would’ve needed some tune ups by now.

I know. I’m impressed by how good so many of these public figures look.

I think Sunny is that pretty woman who’s a perfectionist and picks herself apart. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Joy isn’t in the city. She’s at her house in the Hamptons.

Right, all the NYCer's lucky to have summer homes in the Hamptons, have fled to their summer homes.  Less congested, more relaxed.

There was a recent Social Q's column in the NY Times that was about this phenomena.  A woman who lived in a NYC sky-rise mentioned how isolated she felt because all of her neighbors on her floor have fled to the Hamptons. 

• Love 1

Wow, Meg is so complimentary of the NZ prime minister. Did she forget that Ardern banned semiautomatic guns in the country?

Ok, it’s Fri and the show was prerecorded. I was wondering why a couple issues were not discussed today. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

Yet again McCain gets to speak twice unlike everybody else. Of course she’s against a black woman—or diversity of any kind, lbr—being on the ticket. She wants rich white people like her to be in charge of everything, but she does not represent the Democratic base. Sunny does. Making Republicans a part of his cabinet is the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard—naturally that would be the Republican’s advice for the Democrats. LOL Maybe when they’re discussing what Democrats should be doing, McCain should keep out of it considering she’s not one of them.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Haleth said:

I thought it was kind of rude today when the ladies complimented the Las Vegas mayor for looking good for her age and then Joy just says, "so what?"

Of course the mayor looks good, Your face doesn't get all lined up when you don't do a lot of the thinking. Also I think a free facelift is included when you sell your soul to the devil for capitalism.

The show is absolutely worthless if not live. What is the fucking point? Yeah I know I know. 

One more thing-If The View is not live with a live feed from Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz's house, then how the hell are the viewers supposed to know exactly how much lysol to inject? 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yet again McCain gets to speak twice unlike everybody else. Of course she’s against a black woman—or diversity of any kind, lbr—being on the ticket. She wants rich white people like her to be in charge of everything, but she does not represent the Democratic base. Sunny does. Making Republicans a part of his cabinet is the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard—naturally that would be the Republican’s advice for the Democrats. LOL Maybe when they’re discussing what Democrats should be doing, McCain should keep out of it considering she’s not one of them.

Were being preempted by the Mayor announcing the extension, but from what Im reading...blessings right?  Hehe 😋

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They are also members of the working class... Whenever she uses that phrase, she's referring to WHITE working glass ONLY; the exclusion is implied. She's fine with identity politics when everyone is the same race and social class as her.

Absolutely. It drives me insane when she and others do this. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 12

Ramadan kicks off today, so Happy Ramadan/Ramadan Kareem everyone.

52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think Meghan said that she feels like Kamala would be a good choice and that she's voting for Biden, so maybe that's why she wants him to pick Republicans on his cabinet. She wants to vote for Biden but still vote for her team at the same time, so it's not 'cheating.'

• Love 10

Sunny is just a broken record at this point.  She started off by saying that Biden's "biggest hurdle right now is he's got to increase turnout among the Democratic base" and then she goes into her usual spiel.

Meghan, pregnant, not pregnant; either way, you are not "strong and independent",  nor does your job ask of you anything that is in any way comparable to the responsibilities a prime minister has.  But it's true, pregnancy shouldn't interfere with you being just as bad at your job as you were before you were pregnant.  

Meghan actually thinks she's on a serious show!  She clearly wants to be on a serious show, but dressing "seriously" doesn't make it so.  Besides, it's all window-dressing if what you say (and how you say it) is laughable.  

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Sunny is just a broken record at this point.  She started off by saying that Biden's "biggest hurdle right now is he's got to increase turnout among the Democratic base" and then she goes into her usual spiel.

Meghan, pregnant, not pregnant; either way, you are not "strong and independent",  nor does your job ask of you anything that is in any way comparable to the responsibilities a prime minister has.  But it's true, pregnancy shouldn't interfere with you being just as bad at your job as you were before you were pregnant.  

Meghan actually thinks she's on a serious show!  She clearly wants to be on a serious show, but dressing "seriously" doesn't make it so. Besides, it's all window-dressing if what you say and how you say it is laughable).  

I couldn't stop laughing at her serious clothes comment 😄. Now we know why she dresses in those ugly outfits. Why so serious???😄

• LOL 14
32 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Sunny is the one who said Biden won the primaries because of the African American turnout. Why wouldn't they vote for him in November?  I understand she wants a woman of color as his running mate but I'm sure he is considering all things about a potential candidate before deciding who to choose.

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Does Meghan not realize many  people of color live in the "rust belt"?

48 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They are also members of the working class... Whenever she uses that phrase, she's referring to WHITE working glass ONLY; the exclusion is implied. She's fine with identity politics when everyone is the same race and social class as her.

Rust Belt and working class voters are dog whistles to people like Meghan. She has a stereotypical view of voters from anyplace outside of NYC and  California.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

No books either, right?    The only thing Missy wants to promote is her pseudo-patriotism.   No dead father.   No live mother.   No siblings.  God forbid, no husband.   No books from whence she might actually learn something.   Hey, there's not a gun hanging on the wall next to the ginormous flag, is there?   I bet there is.   It's just out of camera range.

Have you ever looked closely at the George W painting.   Look close at his face, under the hat.  Pull that off and youll hear screeches.  Watch the eyes...they follow you as you walk..

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, falltime said:

I've never noticed this, Meghun''s upper lip looks weird as if she has braces on or something. Has she had lip injections?

No.  She's just snarled up her face so often it stuck that way.  I'm sure her parents warned her that could happen.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Me too. I'm finding the show increasingly pleasant to watch. 

• Love 3

MeAgain's comments today about her wardrobe choices and how she perceives herself as being the serious host on a show like The View, is comedy gold.  Move over Joy. She is taking herself way too seriously.  Does she really think if she walks out in a pantsuit people are going to start thinking she has Hillary brainpower?  

Former host, Nicolle Wallace, dresses very nicely on her show but she's not all buttoned up and church lady like. Let's face it, she would love to have a show like Nicolle has with her name in the title. In her dreams.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Did anyone else crack up when Joy said her poker game show was on a channel called Twitchy?  (That’s what she said, right?  I’ve never heard of it.)

I don't remember if she said Twitchy; if she did, she meant Twitch, which is a live- streaming platform for gamers.  I thought it was just for video games, but I guess not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I don't remember if she said Twitchy; if she did, she meant Twitch, which is a live- streaming platform for gamers.  I thought it was just for video games, but I guess not.

It is, but ‘twitchy’ is funny for another reason on this board lol... at least that’s what I think @Haleth meant haha. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/22/2020 at 9:56 AM, Bronzedog said:

Listening to Sunny is becoming tiresome.

Never thought i would say this about Sunny...but youre right.  Its always the same thang. Just pull back a lil Sunny, we know we know

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

MeAgain's comments today about her wardrobe choices and how she perceives herself as being the serious host on a show like The View, is comedy gold.  Move over Joy. She is taking herself way too seriously.  Does she really think if she walks out in a pantsuit people are going to start thinking she has Hillary brainpower?  

The glasses she wore the past week was a tactic from Jenny McCarthy's playbook, methinks. Both thought if they wore glasses, it would make them look intelligent and important (or at least disguise how stupid they really are). Something else I remember Jenny doing was holding a pen all the time as if she was at a very important meeting and she just got done taking notes, or sometimes she'd hold it up to her chin as if she was thinking very deeply about the topic at hand when we all know there’s nothing but blank space in there... She still does that on The Masked Singer. LOL Joy's immediate reaction was worth it all.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The glasses she wore the past week was a tactic from Jenny McCarthy's playbook, methinks. Both thought if they wore glasses, it would make them look intelligent and important (or at least disguise how stupid they really are). Something else I remember Jenny doing was holding a pen all the time as if she was at a very important meeting and she just got done taking notes or something. LOL She still does that on The Masked Singer. Joy's immediate reaction was worth it all.

Bitsy was a pen clutcher too, if I remember correctly. 

• LOL 7

I guess I will be the lone wolf on here in saying that I have had no problem with Sunny being a broken record since she is expressing what so many people in her community would like to see happen.. Thank You Sunny!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why on earth would you dress like you were going to work to sit in your house to work?  That stick up her ass is more firmly embedded than I originally thought.

She said she's wearing sweatpants but misses the formality of...work apparel, i guess.

She also called out Whoopi 🤣  "we all change when we get to the studio, except for you, Whoopi."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Former host, Nicolle Wallace, dresses very nicely on her show but she's not all buttoned up and church lady like.

And she's mostly wearing nice tops and Levi's ... or some sort of jeans.  Wish her hair were shorter...like back in the old The View days.

8 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Me too. I'm finding the show increasingly pleasant to watch. 

I find the ladies looking "increasingly pleasant," but the way the show is run/handled by Whoopi is annoying.  It shows how inept she is at listening to cues, handling conversations, and the rest of my blahblahblah.  I do think Meghan is more relaxed and less combative; for me that's a WIN!

• Love 5

Am I the only one who heard Whoopi reference the state of “Atlanta” when discussing Stacey Abrams this week???!!!  I don’t remember if it was the day she was there or the day before.  I thought for sure she’d correct herself after the commercial break, but nope . . .

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, jalady said:

Am I the only one who heard Whoopi reference the state of “Atlanta” when discussing Stacey Abrams this week???!!!  I don’t remember if it was the day she was there or the day before.  I thought for sure she’d correct herself after the commercial break, but nope . . .

yup, she did 

our girl is not the smartest sometimes

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, jalady said:

I heard it too and thought "what the what?"

• Love 3
On 4/24/2020 at 10:37 PM, Blissfool said:

She said she's wearing sweatpants but misses the formality of...work apparel, i guess.

She also called out Whoopi 🤣  "we all change when we get to the studio, except for you, Whoopi."

When she said that I thought once I put on sweatpants, nothing about the rest of me would feel like formal work apparel. 

• LOL 2