Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/20/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

I will chime in to say "YAY, Ana is there today"!  She is a breath of fresh air, not saying the same things over & over that the other ladies say(I think they have run out of ideas).  And I love that she is channeling Carmen Miranda 🙂

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Listening to Sunny is becoming tiresome.

The tone she takes bothers me.  The vp will quite possibly be Biden's closest work partner, not someone he's appointing to one of the cabinet positions, or the Supreme Court.  Shouldn't he be allowed to pick the person he's most comfortable with? 

And besides, I believe he's already committed to nominating an African-American woman to the Supreme Court, which is arguably more prestigious and influential, and definitely more long-term, than being vice-president. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
39 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

And here comes the daily briefing!!! I have maybe got 3 COMPLETE SHOWS thus far. I sometimes wonder why they still bother?

Because at least in the DC/MD/VA area, for those who have Comcrap, they reair the show at 1:30 in the morning, so those that want to still watch, can do so. But at a later time, or catch up the next morning; if they want. I don't know how other providers are handling it.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because at least in the DC/MD/VA area, for those who have Comcrap, they reair the show at 1:30 in the morning, so those that want to still watch, can do so. But at a later time, or catch up the next morning; if they want. I don't know how other providers are handling it.

And in the NYC/NJ area, there are secondary ABC channels that air in real time minus the interruptions.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Listening to Sunny is becoming tiresome.

I've noticed a difference in her tone the past few months. Even before the pandemic.  I don't know if it's smugness or what but there is something there I don't like.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, lusinia said:

The tone she takes bothers me.  The vp will quite possibly be Biden's closest work partner, not someone he's appointing to one of the cabinet positions, or the Supreme Court.  Shouldn't he be allowed to pick the person he's most comfortable with? 

And besides, I believe he's already committed to nominating an African-American woman to the Supreme Court, which is arguably more prestigious and influential, and definitely more long-term, than being vice-president. 

I agree with this. I think we know (at least I hope) that Biden will surround himself with a much more diverse cabinet than our current President.  But I don't think he should be filling seats based on anything other than their ability.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Messy parroting the right's outrage over Pelosi's fridge is just so laughable because all of those people who are trashing her have expensive stuff in their luxurious homes.  They are doing anything and everything to distract from what is currently affecting the country.  Pelosi earned her money and therefore she could do whatever the hell she wants with it.

I didn’t see the whole segment on cordons show (and you can’t trust the ad) but I’m assuming he asked her to show him what’s in her frig as a kind of quarantine joke?  It looks like he’s asked other of his guests to show him their frig as well.  Not like she’s bragging about it...just part of his interview.  Not exactly a kill shot I wouldn’t think.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

So will Sunny not vote for Biden if he doesn’t pick a black woman as running mate?  She sounds so spiteful. 

I think Sunny will vote for Biden regardless, but she found Kamala Harris as the best person running and so by not having Harris or Abrams up there Sunny would view the presidency as another place for white people.

I don't agree with her, but this is probably her mindset.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 7

It was sweet Ana said Al fell/ missed a step while carrying her amazon boxes when she said a couple of times on FB he’s been ordering a truck full of crap daily.  I’ll go back and look she did show the colors of turbans 

Joy wore a head  band when she returned from England and she got compliments from the ladies .so MeeAgain felt the need right then to say she lent it to her. Joy acted bewildered about the need to return it. 

I like looking at each Guest and panels Skype background because I’m nosy. Whoopi took the permanent botanical roses away and Sunny took away the flowers off her mantle .  OT I suppose but Jonathan Adler and his partner did a little clip on the backdrops of everyone on CBS Sunday.  It was funny. Of course MM had to sit in front  of her giant painted flag and oils of the Nina, Pinta and the Santa Maria. 
 I really  like Pitbull. 
I checked Ana just has a picture with armful of all the turbans she bought off Amazon. Hers look they cost  9.95 for black to 20.00 for some colors she ordered them all 

Edited by athousandclowns
Ana
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I've noticed a difference in her tone the past few months. Even before the pandemic.  I don't know if it's smugness or what but there is something there I don't like.

To me, the way she sits in her chair rubs me the wrong way. Maybe smugness? I don't know. I just find her too laid back or relaxed in her chair. I need her to sit straighter look more work-ready.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I didn’t see the whole segment on cordons show (and you can’t trust the ad) but I’m assuming he asked her to show him what’s in her frig as a kind of quarantine joke?  It looks like he’s asked other of his guests to show him their frig as well.  Not like she’s bragging about it...just part of his interview.  Not exactly a kill shot I wouldn’t think.  

Right.  It's not like Nancy Pelosi was bragging about her fridge and her ice cream.  And, let's be honest -  if you're going to a website to order something like ice cream, or even driving out of your way to buy it - it sure makes sense to order a LOT of it at once, rather than a few carton at a time.  

2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

To me, the way she sits in her chair rubs me the wrong way. Maybe smugness? I don't know. I just find her too laid back or relaxed in her chair. I need her to sit straighter look more work-ready.

Wow.  That's an illustration of the "bitch eating crackers" syndrome.   Basically, when you dislike someone, then everything they do makes you mad - the way they eat crackers, or the way they sit in a chair. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Now, now, you know that sounds more like a Whoopi-ism. 😂

"It happened cuz it happened."

I love the Nebraska state motto 'its not for everybody'

'We'll know when we know' - another fond Whoopi-ism. 🤪

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

And, let's be honest -  if you're going to a website to order something like ice cream, or even driving out of your way to buy it - it sure makes sense to order a LOT of it at once, rather than a few carton at a time.  

Plus, I learned when I read all the instructions after I got a new refrigerator a few years ago that if the freezer isn't kept full, it uses more energy.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I think Sunny will vote for Biden regardless, but she found Kamala Harris as the best person running and so by not having Harris or Abrams up there Sunny would view the presidency as another place for white people.

I don't agree with her, but this is probably her mindset.

This.

I guess I don’t have the problem with Sunny that other people have because I usually feel the same way she does most of the time? She seemed to have similar views that I had throughout the primary anyway; there was only one time we diverged that I can remember right off. Just going by her history on the show, I think her excitement level with the nominee is—probably like most people—dependent on how similar the person is to herself. For example, she was much more passionate about Hillary Clinton in the last election than Joe Biden now, probably because Hillary was a moderate, experienced woman with a past as a lawyer (just like Sunny). The VP is the only way to get some kind of representation on the ticket now, which is probably why she’s pushing the two she’s shown a preference for in the past (Stacey Abrams and Kamala Harris) who she probably relates to in a lot of ways as far as being experienced, professional, and well-educated black women. Kamala, in particular, is also a prosecutor like she was (is?). I definitely don’t believe Sunny would stay home on Election Day. *shrug*

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Blissfool said:

not gonna lie...I now want me some of that Jeni's ice cream. I had never heard of that company. Of course, Whoopi sends it to friends. 

Can't wait til its a View Your Deal so I can get it cheaper!

I checked their site - seems  that Whole Foods is the market which carries it. I'll be making a trio to my WF soon to pick some up - may have to spend my $1200 stimulus check to afford it. 

• LOL 3

I suspect MeAgain will try wearing a turban, but she won't look cute with glowing skin & makeup with nice eyebrows.

I wonder if Ana used mascara on the hair that peeked out of her turban.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2

Nice to see Ana back today, but c'mon. Whose bright idea was it to dress her in teal / light blue and have a teal / light blue background behind her ? They couldn't pick something else in other colors as her background ? Really ?  Who did she piss off in the graphics department at the show ? 

She was completely washed out in the frame - all I could see was her face at times, and it looked like it was floating on the screen.  I was getting eye-strain.  I almost was ready to buy those 'VYD' glasses that couple was hawking today before the commercial. 

Speaking of which, I wonder how much it is costing these small business owners to promote their business before the commercial break? It's certainly not free (that's advertising dollars there with millions of people watching).  Either they are being charged, or the show takes in all the $$$$  in purchases for the twenty four hour period - and the business owner gets the free airtime with viewers. 

Back to our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress...

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Wow.  That's an illustration of the "bitch eating crackers" syndrome.   Basically, when you dislike someone, then everything they do makes you mad - the way they eat crackers, or the way they sit in a chair. 

I don't dislike Sunny. Its just that the way she sits on her chair at home seems so relaxed, with her elbows propped on the arms of the chair and her forearms flailing around. I almost expect her mom to pop in, pop her on the head and tell her to sit up straight. 

It's ok for someone's mannerisms to rub me the wrong way, just like a lot of people are irked by the way Meghan wears a headband.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

LOL  That's the second time I've heard that expression today.  Thanks for explaining it to this Boomer.

• Love 6

My picture of Ana was clear... she looked gorgeous... beautiful skin and her eyes were fabulous!

That said, her smile is the best of all.

You should try it sometime,  Me-again. 

Smiling that is,  not the turban.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

20 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I love that you brought up the BEC syndrome. 😎 It's a term used regularly at my other favourite online haunt, Go Fug Yourself.  When I am not reading here, I am reading over there. 

21 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I like looking at each Guest and panels Skype background because I’m nosy.

Oh, I do this, too.  Especially fun to do in Instagram photos where the celebrity subject is posing in her bathroom or bedroom in a bikini or something ridiculous, and then you look in the background and see how they live like complete slobs. 

And Ana Navarro seems to be living her best life and that makes me very happy. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Why does MM feel she needs to “bloviate” EVERY  issue she is asked?  And, she goes on and on and on.  I find it ironic that she is, just now, finding out about bad politicians.  How illuminating for her. Loved, loved, loved seeing Ana yesterday, was hoping to see her again, today, but, alas we have Mee-Ghana.

• Love 10

Meghan can't even crack a smile when they're talking about Luna and the field mice.  Does she even realize she's on camera?  Or is she in her "serious mode" today, where she plays "content police" and thinks no one should be discussing anything lighthearted (until she feels like it).

So, Meghan thinks the mayor of Las Vegas is going to lose the next election because she's doing such a bad job.  But she thinks the Democrats are going to lose because Nancy Pelosi has expensive stuff. 

(Not defending the mayor and her horribly callous attitude, but I looked it up, and Las Vegas also has a city manager, who actually runs the city.  In places that have both, the mayor is basically a figurehead, without much, if any, power.  You would think Miss "I was in politics before birth" would know this was a possibility.)

I know it's probably because they're running out of things to talk about, but in the past couple of weeks they've been spending way more time than usual promoting ABC programming.

Meghan - "Hello, sir".  She's so bad at this.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree with this. I think we know (at least I hope) that Biden will surround himself with a much more diverse cabinet than our current President.  But I don't think he should be filling seats based on anything other than their ability.

And that, by its nature will be diverse. I wish Sonny would focus there, discuss her vision for that happening rather than just talk about Veep choice. 

• Love 8

It looks like Miss McCain's solipsism re believing everything in the universe must somehow revolve around HER to be of any interest may be used for some good at this particular time. And I'll let everyone internally connect the dots rather than make any political statements. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Oh, I do this, too.  Especially fun to do in Instagram photos where the celebrity subject is posing in her bathroom or bedroom in a bikini or something ridiculous, and then you look in the background and see how they live like complete slobs. 

I used to do online dating and I would always look at the background of men's pics. I would see all kinds of things. Baby stuff even though they had said they didn't have kids. Ashtrays and packs of cigarettes even though they said they were non smokers. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I'm honestly shocked that Meghan doesn't have any framed photos of her father in view - like on the fireplace mantle behind her, under the American flag. Or even hanging on the all for the world to see ? I'm really shocked by this. 

Country before....father?

• LOL 5
15 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I'm honestly shocked that Meghan doesn't have any framed photos of her father in view - like on the fireplace mantle behind her, under the American flag. Or even hanging on the all for the world to see ? I'm really shocked by this. 

No books either, right?    The only thing Missy wants to promote is her pseudo-patriotism.   No dead father.   No live mother.   No siblings.  God forbid, no husband.   No books from whence she might actually learn something.   Hey, there's not a gun hanging on the wall next to the ginormous flag, is there?   I bet there is.   It's just out of camera range.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I enjoyed today's show. I actually think I would enjoy this show more without guests. They barely all get to speak on every topic (and often Whoopi doesn't even get to give her own opinion), much less respond to one another. Then the guest comes in and eats up what feels like 35 minutes of the show with only their voice droning on and on. Even the guests I like are boring when the questions are only about the Coronavirus.

That video was adorable of Sunny's cat. I wouldn't be upset, I would be happy that my cat is killing the rats in my house. I just would get the dead body away before they can eat it otherwise you'll have a mess, ugh. About the way Sunny is seated, I have a feeling she has the camera elevated to make herself look better. Where they're all trapped at home without makeup artists and hair stylists, and with Sunny we know being worried about her looks to the point she wears makeup to bed so her husband never sees her real face LOL, she probably knows that angle is the most flattering to be seen from. Just like the reverse is true, that if the camera was slightly below and the person speaking had to look down, that would be the worst angle--even a thin person looks like they have a double chin that way.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

Ever since this corona thing became so huge, Joy has seemed genuinely angry.  And today I guess she decided not to do her hair.   I love her, but something's been 'off' with her since this all began.  

• Love 2

Well, considering the news reports about what's been happening in NY where she lives, I'm not really surprised Joy's angry... I think it was just this week she was talking about the protesters that blocked an ambulance and she's had several friends who have died. Considering her thoughts on the Trump administration's role, she's probably more pissed than she's ever been at the government since The View began twenty years ago when so many people in her home state are losing their lives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
26 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Ever since this corona thing became so huge, Joy has seemed genuinely angry.  And today I guess she decided not to do her hair.   I love her, but something's been 'off' with her since this all began.  

I think the four walls are finally doing her in.  Joy's a sociable person.  She needs to be doing a gig, or just shopping or visiting. I was talking the other night about mental health and quarantine.  I know me personally didnt go out a lot to begin with.  But suddenly make it against the law and it freaks me right out and goes downhill from there. She needs some relief and quick. Whooooop.....fix a gal up yah?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Go figure Whoopi is happier than she’s ever been and Joy is suffering.  I’m wondering if she is still in the same building as her daughter and grandson / and is most likely not seeing them. I know that is taking a big toll on me and I don’t have a Steve to banter with.  My dye job was due the week of March 14 which I cancelled so my hair is scary and I’m staring at the box of dye this week. Needless to say I identify / understand more with her than Sunny and her fun Fridany night drinks with the girls whooping it up.  
there ya go TheGreenKnight saying what I was thinking while I was typing with my one finger. 
I am pining a note to my chest saying  do not take me to the hospital because can’t do that alone.
I love reading everyone’s posts here.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

I don't see it as much 'anger' as I do 'scared'. You can tell she's really scared these days, and it's understandable. She's in the prime age category of the danger zone, living in NYC, and who knows if she has any underlying health issues which makes her more susceptible (which she never shared with the public) ? You can tell in her voice and her demeanor these days that she's very panicked.

At first I thought that is why she keeps ending with 'Okay?' and starting with 'Hullo?' but I recall she's been doing this forever. For someone as educated as she is, it really cheapens her message.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m wondering if she is still in the same building as her daughter and grandson / and is most likely not seeing them.

I was thinking if this is still the case, then she could visit with them, then I remembered that her son-in-law is a physician's assistant, so if he's still working, and living at home, visits wouldn't be a good idea.

I remember Joy saying years ago that she gets keratin treatments on her hair.  Considering how curly her natural hair is, she probably still does.  She may have been due for a treatment, and has hair that is nearly unmanageable at this point.  I'm sure that's just one more frustration on the pile.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I thought it was kind of rude today when the ladies complimented the Las Vegas mayor for looking good for her age and then Joy just says, "so what?"

Geez, Joy! The ladies all agreed that the mayor was wrong and criticized her for it. Then they added a compliment, that I, myself, was thinking. Is that so wrong?

I had the same reaction but for a different reason. For everybody except Joy lol.  After discussing the Vegas HT (nutjob says what, my interjection), they say 'she looks great for 80'.  Yada yada.  Why yu gotta comment on looks? (tm Ru). It always comes down to looks.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I wonder if ending with “okay” was part of her comedy act.  Comedians often have a pattern like that for their bits.  It could be a habit from that.  I love joy but someone needs to help her with her hair...she apparently can’t do it herself any more.  Sorry Joy!  

Clearly Meghan wasn’t listening carefully to Whoopi on the Vegas question.  Whoopi asks if she’d want to go to Vegas right now and her first words are “yeah, I do” which sounds like yes she does want to got to Vegas right now.  

Sonny, you don’t need to be a “ friend” of Anderson cooper to know his head was exploding...just a little name drop there.  

reading this I realize that the quarantine may have made me a bit cattier than usual!

Inslee is our governor and he’s done a great job here..I thought he did well on the show.  “Follow the science.”  And as he said, testing is the key to opening up.

Might have been a name drop, i thought it a dig at our resident preggie and her homerexual friends lol

• Love 1

I thought it was kind of rude today when the ladies complimented the Las Vegas mayor for looking good for her age and then Joy just says, "so what?"

Geez, Joy! The ladies all agreed that the mayor was wrong and criticized her for it. Then they added a compliment, that I, myself, was thinking. Is that so wrong?

There was a hot (?) topic a few weeks ago about whether or not it was rude to compliment someone. (I think it was regarding weight though.)  Joy was of the opinion that you should not say anything about appearance. 

• Love 4

Can you imagine if it were a panel of men discussing the Mayor's controversial response,  and then the men commented on how 'good she looks for her age' ???? 

Those men would be looking for a new job tonight, once viewers pressured the network to cancel their show. The women of 'The View' would have been the first group to rake the men over the coals for daring to talk about her age and her looks.

• Love 16