Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Judgement Day

Spike
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

It is! However, I seem to remember, from past seasons' discussions, all prenups made in k1 situations are null and void. So maybe this was just the typical shenanigans. But in regular marriage situations, a good work around is to put some of the assets in a trust and don't touch any of the proceeds.

And do we know for sure the bulk of his money didn't come from Sarah or his parents or some other source besides a business he is currently operating?

I didn't participate in any of that. So IDK why you're mentioning it now.

It's all part of the context of the conversation.  It's part of her reasoning too.  You say he's free to walk away from the relationship if he is unwilling to convert.  But, she is going forward now knowing his beliefs and knowing that he isn't interested in becoming what she wants him to be.  She is choosing to accept him as he is.  If that changes then it's on her right?  She knows the score now.  

• Love 3
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

However, I seem to remember, from past seasons' discussions, all prenups made in k1 situations are null and void.

This is news to me! I had no idea that the Visa process would be affected, silly isn't it, someone cannot protect themself.

36 minutes ago, Gobi said:

What if you're born without any genitalia at all? (Asking for a friend named Tim.)

Then you are a Ken doll.

36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

The pre-nup is probably going to be mostly to Michael's benefit.  Someone else posted the CT requirement that a pre-nup not be unconscionable.  So in that respect you're right, a valid pre-nup will allow Juliana to definately walk away with something.  

But Michael wants a pre nup that 1) allows him to keep as much of his money as possible and 2) will hold up upon being legally challenged.  

The best way for him to accomplish those goals are to get Juliana independent counsel right away.  

Right now Juliana is desperate and will sign anything, so he could put anything in front of her and she'd sign it just so she could get her citizenship.  If Michael waits too long, she may not be as desperate.  

BUT, if he tries to be sneaky and not get her an independent attorney it opens up the door to argue that the terms are unconscionable, that she was under duress or didn't understand what the hell she was signing and then the document ends up being worthless and normal rules are followed.  

I know you haven’t seen the ep yet but he decided to not make her sign a prenup.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

So why not just call him a white male?  Why add the word cis to his description?

I suppose because cis males don’t have to struggle to be accepted as male.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But that's not the position he's taking. He said said repeatedly, he has no interest in her converting.

That's beside the point. The point is that BECAUSE he ISN'T insisting she believe exactly as he does, it is patently unfair of her to insist that he believes exactly as she does. Especially since there are as many interpretations of scripture as there are individual people. I saw some (what I consider to be) hilarious disagreement up-thread somewhere about whether or not "the sin of fornication" goes away if the couple ultimately marries (but what if that couple ends up divorcing - also a sin, but then they hook up again? Are they fornicators again? It's all so confusing!). For me, that really just reiterated the ridiculousness of insisting your partner's beliefs perfectly match your own. Good luck finding that needle in a haystack.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

That's beside the point. The point is that BECAUSE he ISN'T insisting she believe exactly as he does, it is patently unfair of her to insist that he believes exactly as she does. Especially since there are as many interpretations of scripture as there are individual people. I saw some (what I consider to be) hilarious disagreement up-thread somewhere about whether or not "the sin of fornication" goes away if the couple ultimately marries (but what if that couple ends up divorcing - also a sin, but then they hook up again? Are they fornicators again? It's all so confusing!). For me, that really just reiterated the ridiculousness of insisting your partner's beliefs perfectly match your own. Good luck finding that needle in a haystack.

It's not unfair if ppl have different levels of investment in something or believe both spouses need to be of one accord. 

There are differences of interpretation in Christianity. That doesn't make it invalid, anymore than differing interpretations of laws make our legal, judicial and penal systems invalid. It goes w/ the territory.

• Love 3

I am confused about the prenup and know very little about them but wouldn't getting one be in Juliana's benefit as well? So they begin their marriage at zero, technically speaking. They have no assets together as a married couple. His businesses continue to hum and generate money all in his name only and/or the ex wife's name. Whatever else he owns remains fully in his name too. Whatever will he has mentions the kids getting most or all of it.

If in the course of three years, they call it quits, would Juliana get half of his portion of what was generated over the past three years? If that is not much (relatively speaking or because before they marry he transfers more 'stuff' into the ex wife's name), would she not be better off with a prenup that says if the marriage ends in less than 5 years, she gets $2 million dollars, 10 years, $5 million and after 10 years, whatever. That would be concrete information that she would not have to spend all of what would be coming to her in lawyer fees to try and find out exactly what that is. I hope this question makes sense.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I am confused about the prenup and know very little about them but wouldn't getting one be in Juliana's benefit as well? So they begin their marriage at zero, technically speaking. They have no assets together as a married couple. His businesses continue to hum and generate money all in his name only and/or the ex wife's name. Whatever else he owns remains fully in his name too. Whatever will he has mentions the kids getting most or all of it.

If in the course of three years, they call it quits, would Juliana get half of his portion of what was generated over the past three years? If that is not much (relatively speaking or because before they marry he transfers more 'stuff' into the ex wife's name), would she not be better off with a prenup that says if the marriage ends in less than 5 years, she gets $2 million dollars, 10 years, $5 million and after 10 years, whatever. That would be concrete information that she would not have to spend all of what would be coming to her in lawyer fees to try and find out exactly what that is. I hope this question makes sense.

Well, if he doesn't expect to earn much in the next three yrs., then I cannot see him agreeing to giving her $2million. No one is going to suggest a prenup and commit to doing more for their spouse than the spouse would automatically get in a standard divorce. In theory, yes, it could benefit J. But clearly, M's intent is to limit her interest in the marital assets.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I think in community property states each party gets to keep what they brought to the marriage and they split what was earned during the marriage.  In other states they can get part of the wealth acquired before the marriage.  Not sure which Connecticut is.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Regarding a will, in my state, and most others I believe, a spouse cannot be excluded in a will. There is a minimum amount (usually half) that must go to the surviving spouse. Conversely, children can be excluded (perhaps not minors). 

As others have mentioned, prenups usually are designed to protect the person with the most assets prior to marriage. It may be possible for a spouse to do better with a prenup than a divorce decree, but that's generally not the intent.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

It's not unfair if ppl have different levels of investment in something or believe both spouses need to be of one accord. 

But also - yeah, gotta disagree here, too. It is IMO never, ever okay to dictate to someone else what they are to believe. Mike already knows what he believes. Telling him he must believe something that he doesn't already organically believe or else lose someone he cares about seems like psychological abuse to me. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think in community property states each party gets to keep what they brought to the marriage and they split what was earned during the marriage.  In other states they can get part of the wealth acquired before the marriage.  Not sure which Connecticut is.

No, never anything from before. It all starts when they marriage begins, regardless of the state. But in community property states, each party gets as close to exactly 50% as possible. In the other states, the marital assets will be divided but necessarily 50/50.

3 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

But also - yeah, gotta disagree here, too. It is IMO never, ever okay to dictate to someone else what they are to believe. Mike already knows what he believes. Telling him he must believe something that he doesn't already organically believe or else lose someone he cares about seems like psychological abuse to me. 

She's not dictating. She is saying what she wants. Both know he is free to refuse and walk away. She also wants him to become a vegetarian. She's stating what she wants. He has to decide if he will go along with it.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

She's not dictating. She is saying what she wants. Both know he is free to refuse and walk away.

By hinging their entire relationship on it, KNOWING what his beliefs are, she kind of is giving him an ultimatum. He was apparently up-front with her about his beliefs before she accepted his proposal, so it strikes me as a bait and switch. "I accept you as you are... except this one fundamental thing I need you to change."

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

No, never anything from before. It all starts when they marriage begins, regardless of the state. But in community property states, each party gets as close to exactly 50% as possible. In the other states, the marital assets will be divided but necessarily 50/50.

She's not dictating. She is saying what she wants. Both know he is free to refuse and walk away. She also wants him to become a vegetarian. She's stating what she wants. He has to decide if he will go along with it.

I'd be wondering why someone so different would want anything to do with me. You can't change someone to make him or her what you want them to be. They are free to be who they are. Some people may offer to have a couple of meatless meals per week as a compromise. But if you specifically want A, B, and C and the person of interest has no intention of any of them, walk away.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

2. Just because Natalie thinks becoming a Christian will "save" Michael's soul, Michael doesn't subscribe to that belief, so she's still just trying to foist her beliefs (which are equally as implausible as his) onto him because she's convinced that her dogma is the only truth.

3. Belief in the Bible IN NO WAY precludes bad people from acting out in horrific ways. Hitler was a Christian. 

Hitler wasn't a Christian and, indeed, introduced neo-paganism into Germany to support his belief in the superiority of Aryans.

By googling Hitler's religious beliefs there are several sites that clarify this issue.  Wikipedia emphasizes that to increase his popularity he claimed Christianity (as many do), but actively worked against Christian beliefs and teachings (under Religious Views of Adolf Hitler).  The first labor/concentration camp was Dauchau where religious leaders and political leaders were the first imprisoned.  Richard Weikart's 2016 book further examines this topic.

However, back to the episode, Natalie's continual pressuring and demeaning remarks would not encourage anyone to become a Christian.  She also "picks and chooses" among various Christian principles.  I think Michael should book the first flight back home, but it looks instead like he wants to make this work.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, seacliffsal said:

Hitler wasn't a Christian

You are absolutely right. That was an error in my communication. Hitler was able to get the massive following for his genocidal movement by pretending to be motivated by white, Christian, nationalist values. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

So why not just call him a white male?  Why add the word cis to his description?

To distinguish himself from a trans male. Why that is necessary in this contect, IDK. Maybe just how he wants to self identify. 

Not sure his part on this, but Tania was the one "labeling" him.  Labels divide, and that is the business she is in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Not sure his part on this, but Tania was the one "labeling" him.  Labels divide, and that is the business she is in.

Oh I didn't realize this was from the show. I thought this was about the poster upthread who is gay and talked about not liking the term "woke." Oh lol

Tania called him a "cis white male" to her herbalists-in-training BFFs and, to me, she ordered the words wrong.  Is he white and also identifying white?  Well...she must have meant "white cis male" but whatever, other than I don't care for her or her pov.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

By hinging their entire relationship on it, KNOWING what his beliefs are, she kind of is giving him an ultimatum. He was apparently up-front with her about his beliefs before she accepted his proposal, so it strikes me as a bait and switch. "I accept you as you are... except this one fundamental thing I need you to change."

Yes, this discussion should have happened much earlier. And yes, I believe Natalie is attempting to manipulate him bc she waited until after the engagement to really get into this. But in general, this is kind of the purpose of dating. This type of negotiation is valid when someone has a hard line deal breaker. And saying, "I don't believe in God" and "I have never attended church" and "I believe in aliens" is not the same thing as saying, "I refuse to convert to Christianity"...bc in the first three situations, the person might be open to it. We don't know what exactly he told her earlier on in their relationship. But yes, now he has clearly said he is not converting any time soon. So for her to continue to push this, would be unfair. 

But the larger overall issue of Christians wanting their spouses to also be Christian (either by birth or conversion) is not necessarily unfair. 

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Tania's mom is an abrasive assache who appears to be a little over attached to her Jack Daniel's. What is she doing, marking the bottle to see if anyone drank some? Maybe all for the best. Syngin would probably develop himself a raging alcohol problem after 30 days of zero buffer between him and Missy.

I am SO going to use that word!

Tania and her band of “woke” braless wonders. She becomes more gross every week. I do question how he ever found her the least bit attractive in the first place. Whatever she had in the looks department is fading and sagging at the same time, and her personality is repulsive.

Sequim Mike wandering around Kyiv drinking beers in his flannel jammies. He should just return to Mr Bojangles and forget about this drama queen. It will always be something with her.

Juliana’s game is good. She’s a manipulative piece of work, and Michael is falling for her act. Now I can understand a bit why his ex is inserting herself in his affairs.

I may be wrong, but I still think this whole thing with Anna and Mursel is fake, fake, fake. And I hate that there are kids involved.

Robert is not the sharpest tool in the shed - He seems to take shortcuts in life that continually backfire on him. Not a lot of thinking going on up in that noggin of his. It’s just shocking how little these two know each other after spending a whole 8 HOURS together.

That was so sweet how Mahkul was defending the honour of his woman. How dare his friends call her trashy?? He and Sumit must have gone to the same acting classes. And Grangela getting herself all tarted up for the call with him… Oy.. I hope this is last we see of these two.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Is anyone else kind of getting sick of Reality TV’s predictable format? The whole non-talented, being famous for merely being on TV schtick has run its course in my opinion. Contrived drama for the sake of drama is getting.... boring. I’m quite disillusioned with this current season of 90 day fiancé and even the most recent spinoffs. I wish they would introduce a new reality show format where it’s kind of tongue in cheek like in the vein of The Office or Parks And Rec. Maybe a show where the participants and cast members actually acknowledge the cameras? Like breaking “the fourth wall”. Might be funnier! Pop in a little bit more humor at least! But then again that would require talent and even the most talented actors aren’t all great at comedy. 

Anyone else feeling a stalemate? How would you change the show’s format? 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

This is TLC. Why aren’t they paying up to get Dr Sandra Lee, also under their contract to excise the warts from Anna’s face, the things from her Mothers eyes, and while they’re at it, get that wart on Lauren’s face. Damn use your resources. 

I would like to see a cross-over.  I was watching some old Dr Pimple Popper the other day, and one of the patients had those things that Anna's mom has that are due to cholesterol.

Connecticut is not a community property state.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Speaking of nails, I couldn't take my eyes off that creepy looking thumbnail in the shots of Angela holding her phone.  I can't believe she pays money for that.

I can't believe she supposedly takes care of hospice patients with those talons

• Love 6

Tania's roommates were kind of annoying, albeit infinitely less so than Tania. As a white cis woman, I'm not sure if my opinion matters (genuinely, not being sarcastic), but I don't think Syngin being white or cis has anything to do with him being incompatible with Tania - she just lacks empathy and turns every problem or criticism into a social justice issue to avoid accountability. Interracial relationships can be very complex, but Tania's obsession with blaming every single unrelated dispute they have on Syngin being white is bizarre. It's almost like she's eagerly waiting for him to fail. Plenty of marginalized folks won't date people in the majority because they would never understand their experiences - which is totally fine! I just don't get why she would even bother dating a white guy when she's internalized the idea that his whiteness translates to irredeemable ignorance or a permanent character flaw.

And since when does someone wanting to hear from you every day or, God forbid, make sure you're safe after a night of getting wasted translate to being clingy or immature? Tania's friends opining about how she couldn't be expected to raise or mother Syngin was condescending as fuck. Uhhh, hey assholes, she ditched him at home to be her live-in maid for a month while she parties and flirts with other dudes.

Syngin dumping Jack Daniels in his coffee at the crack of dawn (???) and miserable Mama Tania harping on him for taking it from her made me concerned there's dueling drinking problems happening there.

2 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’m so sorry for your loss.  Dogs are the best.

I make sure to wrap my nephew dogs’ ( I don’t have one of my own) presents in gift bags with plain tissue paper  so they can unwrap them on their own. (I take all the tags off of any toys first  so they are ready to go.) I am the dogs’ cool aunt.

So adorable.  Try to post a picture.  I have to do that for “Tank”.  He’s Lucy’s twin Brother.  The day after my son- in-law came home from Iraq, he immediately went upstate N.Y. to get one Lab Puppy.  He came home with two, Lucy & Tank, from the same liter.  I actually think they brought his sanity back from the war.

• Love 13

I call total bullshit shenanigans on Juliana and her lack of prenush knowledge. No way a "yacht model" had not heard about prenushes. And she wants to be Independent? Then get a prenush that states that Winedouche pays for 4 years of college tuition or other training so she can get a job if the marriage breaks up. She doesn't want Independence, she wants guaranteed security.  They deserve each other. And watch your cute kids climb the rock walls you asshats.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
44 minutes ago, Horrified said:

I've missed joining in the live chat for a a few weeks (my favourite part of the week).  I've had to temporarily relocate to my Mom's city as she is in hospital.  Mom is 88, has broken her arm and her leg so she's quite disabled at the moment.  Her mind still works just fine.

My sympathy to your mom; I broke both an arm and leg a few years back.  I am younger so I didn't end up in a hospital, but it wasn't fun.   Your conversation with her is hilarious and should come with a spew alert as I laughed so hard that I will be cleaning hot chocolate from my screen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Tania called him a "cis white male" to her herbalists-in-training BFFs and, to me, she ordered the words wrong.  Is he white and also identifying white?  Well...she must have meant "white cis male" but whatever, other than I don't care for her or her pov.

Her herbalist bffs were sure a touchy-feely group which sent an idea in my head. Hmm, she said her friends who were present at his arrival with her would come before him.  Is anyone th thinking what I'm thinking?  If so, it's not fair to drag NZ man over here.

Edited by Wollstonecraft
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

But he actually told them during the scene that he was denied the visa.

The letter said he was ineligible. Do all denials use that language, I wonder? Did the letter provide any specific reasons? I wonder what made him ineligible?

They probably looked at Michael, looked at Huge Ange and said no fucking way is this legit. Although it just occurred to me that perhaps the Immigration Official has seen previous seasons and decided to spare Michael from a life of domestic violence. And HEY HUGE ANGE I know we all like Michael but you already have one sex offender in the family. You might want to ixnay leaving all those kids with Poppa, the foreign babysitter, at least for a few months! I really hope she moves to Nigeria. And takes Tania with her. Syngin can come live with me. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, PityFree said:

And I’ll say it every week that Angela brings it up, but there is no way on earth she is a net positive tax payer.  That woman is and is going to be a drain on the system  no matter what she claims.

Her poor mother is probably bringing in an SS check. Grangela is not supporting 6 grands on a nursing home assistant's salary.  It's feasible that she's receiving assistance to house, feed and clothe them since their mother is incarcerated. Idk if all 6 children are Scottie's or not.  So she's blowing smoke among other things.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

She just a fucking moron. The woke is wasted on her. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

You are absolutely right. That was an error in my communication. Hitler was able to get the massive following for his genocidal movement by pretending to be motivated by white, Christian, nationalist values. 

Really he was motivated by white, Christian, nationalist, CIS values. Don't forget the cis!

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

My pet theory re: Robert is one of the MANY baby mamas is/was a stripper.  Now, the whole scene no longer appeals to him, and it shouldn't, apparently, appeal to Anny.  That theory is based on nothing more than a hunch and my general disdain for Robert.

Florida sucks in many ways, but Publix is one of our shining beacons of hope.  Publix cake, like the one Robert/the production bought (and subs, chicken tenders, and sweet tea), are among the most delightful around.  When I visit friends that have moved away, I'm always asked to bring some of these products from the Publix deli/bakery to them. 

Re: Robert/Anny and sex expectations - It's almost like spending 7 hrs with someone isn't enough time to figure out major issues in a relationship. Huh. Go figure. 

Sanctimonious Robert.  He wants the perfect mother for his son, but he's spawned 5 kids by 4 different women. Where's his halo there?  Let me guess, each baby mama wasn't pristine enough.  He's dirt poor, has the nasty habit of dangling nice things in front of Anny and then says no and always looks disheveled. She needs to go back home.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Wollstonecraft said:

Sanctimonious Robert.  He wants the perfect mother for his son, but he's spawned 5 kids by 4 different women. Where's his halo there?  Let me guess, each baby mama wasn't pristine enough.  He's dirt poor, has the nasty habit of dangling nice things in front of Anny and then says no and always looks disheveled. She needs to go back home.

Let's not forget Grandma is a porn star. He doesn't his family or child around that lifestyle but a porn star grandma is different apparently.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

After pondering this for a few minutes, I think old winedouche just quit talking about the prenush with Juliana because he was skeered!  Really skeered! Did you see his face when they were sitting there not watching CeCe climb the wall?  I actually think he's afraid she might just run off with another winedouche who actually has his OWN money.  The ex seems to have the purse firmly in hand.  I mean, she just married a musician/whiteboy rapper.  Seriously!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Spike said:

Who would think trash reality teevee would provoke such a wide ranging theological discussion?

I love that there is a group of intellectual, intelligent  people to take point / counterpoint.  Maybe the aliens will visit us once they see that we can have stimulating and interesting conversations. 

...at the very least they won't make soup out of us like in that twilight zone. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Anybody else keep getting this disturbing ad popping up on their forum? image.png.da2a670c9d8fc17331a5ce5f12fd879e.png

But I came here to post something entirely different. The more I think of it, from that brief glimpse we got of part of Michael's Visa rejection letter, it didn't look the least bit official. It could have been made up and typed by anyone. Could this entire preposterous Angela/Michael story line be Sharp Shenanigans aimed at ratings? 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6