Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Judgement Day

Spike
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, kendi said:

Felt bad for Michael when he was crying. Geniunely distraught. Bothered me that his behavior was similar to Angela's when he met with his friends. Knocking drinks around and raising his voice to all of them. They didn't know he was denied at that time but he was acting just like Angela.

It makes me wonder if he has an abusive streak like her? If he does, he certainly keeps it in check when she is around. 

• Love 2
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I do not understand her need to convert him.  He is willing to go to church with her to make her happy.  There are plenty of people who are christians who make it to church less than twice a year.  

This seems like something that could be an issue, but shouldn't be. He seems so accommodating and so it's weird that she is making this a problem. 

Whether you agree or not, she has explained at least three reasons.

1) She wants wants any future child she has to receive clear, consistent messages about the nature of God from both parents.

2) She wants salvation for Michael.

3) She wants them both to live by the same moral code spelled out in the Bible (beyond just the obvious "don't kill ppl"..."don't cheat"...)

These are pretty standard desires for practicing Christians.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I was so excited when Michael's visa was denied as I thought that would permanently end Angela's presence on this show.  But, nope, I saw the previews.  It's interesting to me that for as few taxes as Angela probably pays, she sure is quick to demand her "taxpayer's" rights.  As if.

I am stunned that they sent a camera crew to Nigeria just to film Michael's meeting with his friends, supposedly to tell them about the Visa denial. Then he never said anything about it, and just asked for their relationship advice. Could it be that the scene was filmed last season and just edited to look current? 

• Useful 11
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

Her mother is so uncomfortably clingy.  The way she was laying in bed, spooning Natalie, while Mike was trying to talk to her, was bizarre.  Mom, drugstore, stat, for some Rogaine.  Yes, we all saw your bald spot, probably worn clean from pulling your hair out with that bunny boiler of a daughter you have there.

Don't all mommies spoon their daughters when they're having an argument with their fiances? Sooooo creepy!

I really question the subtitles during this. Did the mom really say, "Guys" when she was knocking on the door when Natalie and Mike were talking? I read "guys" about 5 or 6 times the she was talking and thought, "Really?" 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

Robert and Anny. You notice how their every segment is a conflict or manufactured argument?

This is the third couple where they whip out "Have you been with a women before?"

ETA: I don't mean so much manufactured as a 90df trope.  If it has happened ask about it to 'shock' some viewers sensibilities.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I am stunned that they sent a camera crew to Nigeria just to film Michael's meeting with his friends, supposedly to tell them about the Visa denial. Then he never said anything about it, and just asked for their relationship advice. Could it be that the scene was filmed last season and just edited to look current? 

But he actually told them during the scene that he was denied the visa.

The letter said he was ineligible. Do all denials use that language, I wonder? Did the letter provide any specific reasons? I wonder what made him ineligible?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, kendi said:

Of course he'd answer diplomatically because he knows he'd be tossed out on his ass, no matter now many chores he has already done, if he spoke badly of Tania.

I swear I heard Mama Tania say "kicked out on his ash" 

4 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

The letter said he was ineligible. Do all denials use that language, I wonder? Did the letter provide any specific reasons? I wonder what made him ineligible?

Could he have a criminal record? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh also did anyone else shout “that’s all??” at the TV when Michael revealed his “staggering” debt was $30,000???  I think $30,000 is manageable (depending on the terms of the loans, of course). Michael seems to have a good work ethic and IIRC, I think some of his debt is from acquiring the property he now lives on. 

It depends on whatever income he has. If he’s using the farm to make a living, paying off 30k could be a struggle. But he’s smart to not run up more unneeded  debt. Also why start a relationship off with a baby in the mix? Just additional stress. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I must have missed that. All I saw was a voice-over when he was going to meet his friends saying he was "going there to tell them about his Visa denial." Then I never heard him actually say that TO them. 

• Useful 1
Just now, magemaud said:

I must have missed that. All I saw was a voice-over when he was going to meet his friends saying he was "going there to tell them about his Visa denial." Then I never heard him actually say that TO them. 

It was after the commercial. But they were wearing the same clothes and on the same patio.

There was a reason Nigerian Michael was denied.  The denial wasn’t arbitrary or because he is from Nigeria.  Regardless, it’s a blessing in disguise for him.  His life in the US would be miserable.  

Juliana is very good.  Got to give her credit.  Micheal doesn’t care about his kids.  Just himself.  Right now those kids are a means to be on the show.  

If religion was that important to Natalie then she should have known Mike’s beliefs months ago.  Last time I looked, having sex and children outside of marriage is a no no In her religion.  So she can’t be that devout.  

Syngin needs to go on his own vacation, too.   Pretty sure Tania would be supportive of that since she is so woke.  

So ....  Annie was so disgusted by Bryson’s grandmother’s career choice yet is up for a threesome?   Likes strip clubs?  What a hypocrite.  

Murcel isn’t ready to get married.  He’s not a man but a boy still looking for his parent’s approval.  He would just be another child for Anna to raise. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Natalie isn't the one who needs to worry about their future together...Mike needs to head for home pronto and forget her. 

...and he's a pretty big dude.  I'm pretty sure he can handle 3 or 4 beers.  He wasn't driving anywhere at least.

Yeah, I need to defend Mike here as well. My hubby is six foot seven and four beers? Hardly a dent.  He would not drive and rarely engages in day drinking, but after that episode with that nag?  Barkeep!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

That's all well and good except for the GIANT GLARING FLAWS in her "logic" on all 3 reasons.

1. Any child she has is going to have a mind of its own. Consistent messaging about God from both parents does nothing but confuse a child with critical thinking skills. I was raised by 2 Jewish parents and I still found myself having to ask them (when I was 6 or 7) what it is that I was supposed to believe as a Jewish person. Just by asking that question, it became very clear to me that religious messaging from parent to child is nothing more than indoctrination to a belief system that the child may not subscribe to once they are old enough to decide for themselves what they do and don't believe. 

2. Just because Natalie thinks becoming a Christian will "save" Michael's soul, Michael doesn't subscribe to that belief, so she's still just trying to foist her beliefs (which are equally as implausible as his) onto him because she's convinced that her dogma is the only truth.

3. Belief in the Bible IN NO WAY precludes bad people from acting out in horrific ways. Hitler was a Christian. Trump claims to be Christian. There is not a single thing about either of those examples that demonstrates a shred of belief in Jesus or God. The "moral code" in the Bible allows for slaves, FFS! What kind of moral code is THAT? The Bible also outlines the "proper" methods of physically abusing one's wife and advocates violence against non-believers, so that whole "moral code" argument holds zero water.

I find it so incredibly distasteful when people hold up their professed faith as proof of being a good person. ACTUAL good people don't go around touting themselves as morally superior.

And she’s two faced as well, since she suddenly wasn’t as bothered by it when he returned. Girl has some mental issues, he needs to dump her ass. Her mother seems wacky too. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 8

Sorry I couldn’t get a clear screenshot, but Micheal’s rejection letter appears to be a brief form letter with few details. What I did find interesting is that it was dated just two months ago. Now POOF! Angela and Michael are back on the show. I’ll bet Sharp was waiting to see how this was going to play out: rejection or Possum Creek Mini Golf wedding. 

FB0A76FF-3901-4209-8933-58BEE9F63E49.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

It was after the commercial. But they were wearing the same clothes and on the same patio.

okay, thanks. I only re-watched the scene up until Michael stormed off

6 minutes ago, iwasish said:
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I swear I heard Mama Tania say "kicked out on his ash" 

That’s the Jack Daniels pronunciation.

Jack Danielsh

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

This is why it's better for Michael and Sarah that Juliana have an independent attorney in the matter.  That person will explain it to her in clear and concise terms because that is their job and will advise her on her options. 

It just seems ridiculous to risk your assets by not taking such a simple step.  Let's be real, Juliana is going to sign whatever prenup is put in front of her because she is desperate.  Whether she is advised by an attorney or not.  But if she isn't advised by an attorney she has defenses built in and is already openly saying she doesn't understand the entire concept.  

I agree.  If Juliana had a lawyer looking out for her interests, in the pre-nush negotiations, she would probably feel more comfortable and they could work out something reasonable.  

I think the pre-nush could protect Juliana as much as Michael.  She could get some assurances that she won't be left penniless if Michael decides to dump her, and Michael could limit his exposure in a divorce.   

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Sorry I couldn’t get a clear screenshot, but Micheal’s rejection letter appears to be a brief form letter with few details. What I did find interesting is that it was dated just two months ago. Now POOF! Angela and Michael are back on the show. I’ll bet Sharp was waiting to see how this was going to play out: rejection or Possum Creek Mini Golf wedding. 

FB0A76FF-3901-4209-8933-58BEE9F63E49.jpeg

Wait, why is the date handwritten in?? 😆 Did we see an official gov't letterhead? Is Michael's full name on it?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
6 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

If religion was that important to Natalie then she should have known Mike’s beliefs months ago.  Last time I looked, having sex and children outside of marriage is a no no In her religion.  So she can’t be that devout.  

I agree, but isn't that usually the case? 

• Love 3
Just now, Bryce Lynch said:

I think the pre-nush could protect Juliana as much as Michael.  She could get some assurances that she won't be left penniless if Michael decides to dump her, and Michael could limit his exposure in a divorce.   

She would already be protected in a divorce. No one is going to the trouble and expense of writing a pre nup for it to protect the OTHER party more than than the other party would be protected without one. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Why the obsession with Syngin not having previously dated outside his race?  I’m sure there are plenty of black and brown people who have never dated anyone white.

Of course! It's prbly just to advance their story arc. But in the US, Black men marry outside their race more than any other group. 

• Love 2

My pet theory re: Robert is one of the MANY baby mamas is/was a stripper.  Now, the whole scene no longer appeals to him, and it shouldn't, apparently, appeal to Anny.  That theory is based on nothing more than a hunch and my general disdain for Robert.

Florida sucks in many ways, but Publix is one of our shining beacons of hope.  Publix cake, like the one Robert/the production bought (and subs, chicken tenders, and sweet tea), are among the most delightful around.  When I visit friends that have moved away, I'm always asked to bring some of these products from the Publix deli/bakery to them. 

Re: Robert/Anny and sex expectations - It's almost like spending 7 hrs with someone isn't enough time to figure out major issues in a relationship. Huh. Go figure. 

Mannn, I hate calling women crazy or bitches. There is a historical bias that has systemically used those words to keep us down, but.  BUT.   Natalie is crazy af (her eyes scared me), and Tania is a real mfing bitch. 

My guess is that Tania is in some botany/natural remedy class a couple of times a week, and at the beach, dancing with cute rastas, and going out with her "friends" of 2 weeks more often than not.  That's pretty shitty when you mail ordered in some South African d and have an expiration date on that d staying in your mama's she-shed. 

Natalie's brand of religion is why I do not subscribe to any religion.  That "holier than thou b/c I go to church and call myself a good follower makes it okay to be divorced and fuck the WA tall man outside of the bounds of marriage b/c I might harangue him into conversion" attitude is gross.  There is something very off about how she rolls, her expectations, how she processes her emotions, etc.  Dude seems reasonable, so I feel like we all know the trainwreck he is in for. 

Julianna is a Jedi master with how she played Wino Michael.  Does he have resting bitch face?  B/c he looked rough his entire segments.  

Oh MAGAngela.  So fun when those things you don't mind happening to others happens to you; it is like a hallmark of your ilk.  1) I know my taxes are paying for you, your mom, and them kids, 2) I know you don't pay taxes, and 3) being a taxpayer has nothing to do with bringing your foreign d to bumfuck GA.  Michael got himself all weepy b/c this crazy bitch was his ticket out, and now he did all that ratchet stuff with this harpy for no reward.  I don't feel bad for him b/c he seems like a scammer and a tool. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Julianna is a Jedi master with how she played Wino Michael.  Does he have resting bitch face?  B/c he looked rough his entire segments.  

The goofy hat wasn’t doing him any favors.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

...and he's a pretty big dude.  I'm pretty sure he can handle 3 or 4 beers.  He wasn't driving anywhere at least.

It's not necessarily about how many beer Sequim Mike drank or whether he can handle them. It's that he went running out in his damned pajama pants and slippers and participated in some day drinking because they had an argument. Granted, on the farm, he probably just runs to Bojangles' shack and downs a six pack but it's still troubling that he can't be bothered to put on real pants before drowning his sorrows in a red Solo cup. 

You wanna day drink? Fine, I've done it (though not alone - always day drink with a friend to share the shame, people). You wanna throw down on three or four beers? No problem, I've also done it. But put on some damned jeans at least and a pair of sneakers. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

This new term "woke" makes me angry. Now feel free to get off of my lawn.

It's not new and it has its roots in African American culture - it's just been culturally appropriated like almost everything else. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Crapshoot show is right.  What I want to know is why all these couples knew nothing about each other before they came here.  What were they talking about on the phone or internet?  Everything comes as a surprise now that they are here.  BTW, you wrapped doggie presents?  That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever heard.  I just lost my grand dog Lucy after 13 yrs and my heart is broken.

I am so sorry about your little baby grand doggie Lucy and am sending good vibes and a virtual hug your way. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

She would already be protected in a divorce. No one is going to the trouble and expense of writing a pre nup for it to protect the OTHER party more than than the other party would be protected without one. 

My point is that a properly worded pre-nush can benefit both parties. 

With out one, Juliana could have an uphill battle in court.   A pre-nush might give her a hassle free $500K or $1 million or whatever, or X dollars a month in alimony for 5 or 10 years,  as opposed to fighting in court for years, spending tons of legal fees (if she can afford a lawyer).  

For Michael, it could ensure that she doesn't take him for half or huge alimony payments, after she dumps him for another man, after 6 months or a year or whenever she gets her greencard.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Why the obsession with Syngin not having previously dated outside his race?  I’m sure there are plenty of black and brown people who have never dated anyone white.

Why did one of Tans friends call him a cis white man?  I thought someone that was cis female or male was someone that identified with the gender they were born with but didn't behave in a stereo typical, gender appropriate manner.  *shrug*

14 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Why did one of Tans friends call him a cis white man?  I thought someone that was cis female or male was someone that identified with the gender they were born with but didn't behave in a stereo typical, gender appropriate manner.  *shrug*

I’m not an expert but I think if you identify as male and were born with male genitalia you are cis no matter whether you act macho, effeminate, or in between.  You are trans if you identify as something inconsistent with your birth genitalia.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

It depends on whatever income he has. If he’s using the farm to make a living, paying off 30k could be a struggle. But he’s smart to not run up more unneeded  debt. Also why start a relationship off with a baby in the mix? Just additional stress. 

Pretty sure Natalie said he has a career apart from the farm (when she was with her friends). I think she said he was a construction manager or something.

8 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I assume  the Orthodox Church of Ukraine officially teaches that extramarital sex is sinful.  But, these days many churches are becoming softer on pre-marital sex, homosexuality and other practices called sinful by the Bible.   This is probably even more true about church members. 

At any rate, it is much easier for a person to rationalize violating certain teachings of the church than it is to ignore a fundamental disbelief in God.   It is also easier for many believers to try to justify having sex with a fiancee, since they plan to be married.   

Also, the sin of fornication would end after they got married.  Michael being an unbeliever would be an ongoing concern, unless he became a believer.  

I agree w/ most of what you're saying. But the sin of her fornication wouldn't just "go away." And unless, there was adultery, the sin of remarriage wouldn't just go away either.  She would still need to confess and (genuinely) repent.

I also want to note that it is usually the protestant denominations of Christianity that brow beat their adherents about fornication and homosexual sex. Those topics are not stressed much in Catholic homilies. And, from what I understand, are not stressed at all in Orthodox homilies. In the Orthodox services, the focus is to promote "faith through love."

The idea that all Christian church services are centered around bashing and harranguing homosexuals and unmarried ppl having sex is a myth. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

yep.  Or he could tell her he wants her to convert to his belief in aliens in order to present a united front for the future kids.  Then if she doesn't like it she can choose to walk away.  It's exactly as valid a position.

But that's not the position he's taking. He said said repeatedly, he has no interest in her converting.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

My point is that a properly worded pre-nush can benefit both parties. 

With out one, Juliana could have an uphill battle in court.   A pre-nush might give her a hassle free $500K or $1 million or whatever, or X dollars a month in alimony for 5 or 10 years,  as opposed to fighting in court for years, spending tons of legal fees (if she can afford a lawyer).  

For Michael, it could ensure that she doesn't take him for half or huge alimony payments, after she dumps him for another man, after 6 months or a year or whenever she gets her greencard.

The pre-nup is probably going to be mostly to Michael's benefit.  Someone else posted the CT requirement that a pre-nup not be unconscionable.  So in that respect you're right, a valid pre-nup will allow Juliana to definately walk away with something.  

But Michael wants a pre nup that 1) allows him to keep as much of his money as possible and 2) will hold up upon being legally challenged.  

The best way for him to accomplish those goals are to get Juliana independent counsel right away.  

Right now Juliana is desperate and will sign anything, so he could put anything in front of her and she'd sign it just so she could get her citizenship.  If Michael waits too long, she may not be as desperate.  

BUT, if he tries to be sneaky and not get her an independent attorney it opens up the door to argue that the terms are unconscionable, that she was under duress or didn't understand what the hell she was signing and then the document ends up being worthless and normal rules are followed.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m not an expert but I think if you identify as male and were born with male genitalia you are cis no matter whether you act macho, effeminate, or in between.  You are trans if you identify as something inconsistent with your birth genitalia.

Right. Cis has nothing to do w/ how you act. It means you were born a bio male/female and still identify that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

2 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Right. Cis has nothing to do w/ how you act. It means you were born a bio male/female and still identify that way.

So why not just call him a white male?  Why add the word cis to his description?

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But that's not the position he's taking. He said said repeatedly, he has no interest in her converting.

yeah, I know.  He's reasonable.  She had him come to the Ukraine knowing what his beliefs were obviously feeling she'd be able to convert him.  

• Love 4

I think it is suspect that Michael decided to not get a pre-nush with Julianna so quickly/easily.  If Michael has the money he wants to believe he has he would have an attorney and money person and would consult with them about his finances where Julianna is concerned, he has got to protect himself and his business interests, right?

Julianna's declaration of independence is interesting, she keeps saying she wants independence but she has not thought about how to go about it, Michael has not offered up any options and all the while I am certain that we all have been screaming "get an education" at the tv!

Zsa Zsa Gabor used to say she was an excellent housekeeper, she would marry a man, divorce him and keep the house, lol. Maybe this is Julianna's mo?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Crapshoot show is right.  What I want to know is why all these couples knew nothing about each other before they came here.  What were they talking about on the phone or internet?  Everything comes as a surprise now that they are here.  BTW, you wrapped doggie presents?  That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever heard.  I just lost my grand dog Lucy after 13 yrs and my heart is broken.

I’m so sorry for your loss.  Dogs are the best.

I make sure to wrap my nephew dogs’ ( I don’t have one of my own) presents in gift bags with plain tissue paper  so they can unwrap them on their own. (I take all the tags off of any toys first  so they are ready to go.) I am the dogs’ cool aunt.

Edited by PityFree
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18