Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Judgement Day

Spike
  • Start Topic

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I was just checking to see if the first hour of tonight’s episode is up on the website.  It’s not but there is a new six-part web series with new couples called Just Landed.  It looks like they are the shorter episode format like some of the past web series.  The first one is 22 minutes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Just watching the replay of this episode.  "As a CIS white male Syngin has a lot to unlearn."   So says Tania's roomie over at camp witchy-poo,

lol...one has to laugh at the delicious hypocrisy of a supposedly "woke" black woman totally judging a guy she's never even met based solely on his skin color and sexual identification...😂 

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Just watching the replay of this episode.  "As a CIS white male Syngin has a lot to unlearn."   So says Tania's roomie over at camp witchy-poo,

lol...one has to laugh at the delicious hypocrisy of a supposedly "woke" black woman totally judging a guy she's never even met based solely on his skin color and sexual identification...😂 

Yeah the fact that he is dating a chunky woman of a different race if anything suggests that he is not hung up on skin color or body image.

• Love 18
On 12/23/2019 at 2:47 PM, BallisticNikki said:

Pretty sure Natalie said he has a career apart from the farm (when she was with her friends). I think she said he was a construction manager or something.

I agree w/ most of what you're saying. But the sin of her fornication wouldn't just "go away." And unless, there was adultery, the sin of remarriage wouldn't just go away either.  She would still need to confess and (genuinely) repent.

I also want to note that it is usually the protestant denominations of Christianity that brow beat their adherents about fornication and homosexual sex. Those topics are not stressed much in Catholic homilies. And, from what I understand, are not stressed at all in Orthodox homilies. In the Orthodox services, the focus is to promote "faith through love."

The idea that all Christian church services are centered around bashing and harranguing homosexuals and unmarried ppl having sex is a myth. 

If every Catholic who practiced birth control was kicked out of the church, those collection plates would be pretty empty. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 12/22/2019 at 8:31 PM, PityFree said:

Oh also did anyone else shout “that’s all??” at the TV when Michael revealed his “staggering” debt was $30,000???  I think $30,000 is manageable (depending on the terms of the loans, of course). Michael seems to have a good work ethic and IIRC, I think some of his debt is from acquiring the property he now lives on. 

On 12/22/2019 at 9:29 PM, DaphneCat said:

But you have to give him credit.  He TOLD her about it, and he wants to get it under control BEFORE having a baby.  It's not like it's enough that it will take 10 years before they can even think about having a baby.  This level of sanity is not normal for 90DF.

I give him no credit for waiting until AFTER wooing and proposing and getting engaged to a baby crazy 35 year old woman to tell her "I don't want kids now because I'm $30,000 in debt."

She actually said "If I had known that, I wouldn't have been interested in him" or words to that effect.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I give him no credit for waiting until AFTER wooing and proposing and getting engaged to a baby crazy 35 year old woman to tell her "I don't want kids now because I'm $30,000 in debt."

She actually said "If I had known that, I wouldn't have been interested in him" or words to that effect.

And had he known she was completely crackers, he probably would have passed her by as well.  Misrepresentations were made on both sides.  I hope he dumps her quickly.  She makes Darcy look sane.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
On 12/29/2019 at 1:58 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I’m sorry to mess with the stereotype of the Midwest but Anna lives in a metropolitan area comprised of almost a million people.  There are no farms in the city. There is also an air force base in her specific suburb so lots of men there.

I don’t know why she’s choosing this weirdo but it’s not because there are no men here who would be decent choices.

I agree.  She could go on Farmers Only and get matched ASAP.  I have never been on it (really, I have not!!) but I have heard through friends that it is heavily male.  She has a great shot there.  I am a native Minnesota gal and I am not sure what people think of when they think of our beautiful state - lakes?  Mall of America?  Hubert Humphrey? Winter? Resorts?  Quality public education? but I have been to a farm a handful of times.  Nebraska IS a heavy farm state, as is Illinois and North and South Dakota and heck let's toss in Iowa too, but there are a lot of eligible, quality men in all those states who will not lie to their parents, not bitch about pizza, not care if you have a drink and really care for you.

• Love 9
On 12/31/2019 at 8:21 PM, gavinmac said:

This seems very production driven, I'm thinking they told him to play it up, like he had some, Mafia level debt.

I think Natalie is very immature, to say the least. She will be nothing but trouble, IF she ever gets here. Can you imagine this nutty witch in the sole company of Bojangles every day, while Mike works? I bet he won't carry her over his shoulder either, or tote her around any kind of cutesy way. What will she do?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

I think Natalie is very immature, to say the least. She will be nothing but trouble, IF she ever gets here. Can you imagine this nutty witch in the sole company of Bojangles every day, while Mike works? I bet he won't carry her over his shoulder either, or tote her around any kind of cutesy way. What will she do?!

Natalie will sit there, letting all her anger build up during the day while Mike works. Then she will unleash her fury on him as soon as he steps through the door. Or pout like a child and have a temper tantrum until he soothes her like she's a 2 year old. All the time with those batshit crazy eyes.

It will be a shitshow. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, but Sasha will only make one baby and then leave.  Seems like she wants a gaggle.

But that one baby would be the size of 4 babies combined. 

She could make it go running with her at an early age. 

• LOL 14
On 12/23/2019 at 11:50 AM, Callaphera said:

It's not necessarily about how many beer Sequim Mike drank or whether he can handle them. It's that he went running out in his damned pajama pants and slippers and participated in some day drinking because they had an argument. Granted, on the farm, he probably just runs to Bojangles' shack and downs a six pack but it's still troubling that he can't be bothered to put on real pants before drowning his sorrows in a red Solo cup. 

You wanna day drink? Fine, I've done it (though not alone - always day drink with a friend to share the shame, people). You wanna throw down on three or four beers? No problem, I've also done it. But put on some damned jeans at least and a pair of sneakers. 

It's not new and it has its roots in African American culture - it's just been culturally appropriated like almost everything else. 

Sorry for the delayed response (and hope no one has made one similar later in the thread).  I think a lot of people are used to going to Walmart to buy their beer, so they may think that it's okay to appear anywhere else in public in their jammies and slippers.  LOL.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I think a lot of people are used to going to Walmart to buy their beer, so they may think that it's okay to appear anywhere else in public in their jammies and slippers.  LOL.

Wait, some Walmarts sell beer? The ones around here do NOT. This factoid explains a lot about the pics I see online now. Not that liquor is the only reason, since we've got our horrendously dressed folks here at Walmart (and I did see a blatant attempt at a slip & fall lawsuit one night). But some of those pics I have seen online - oh Lawdy! 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Wait, some Walmarts sell beer? The ones around here do NOT. This factoid explains a lot about the pics I see online now. Not that liquor is the only reason, since we've got our horrendously dressed folks here at Walmart (and I did see a blatant attempt at a slip & fall lawsuit one night). But some of those pics I have seen online - oh Lawdy! 

Yep. We live in Arizona, and our Walmarts sell beer, wine and hard liquor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

LOL, unless Walmart is selling crack there is no explanation for those pictures.  IJS.

Our target sells hard liquor and beer so I assume Walmart does too.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2019 at 7:49 PM, Desert Rat said:

Wine Michael dropped the pre-nush because he doesn't have any assets to protect.  If he had substantial wealth he would have hired a lawyer for Juliana and a lawyer for himself to negotiate the deal. That's what wealthy people do everyday. It's clear, Michael is not wealthy. He's a poser. Thus, no need for a prenup.

The prenupt was just a storyline, imo.  Most states have laws about how they can be enforced and/or invalidated.  One defense to a prenupt is if one party felt coerced to sign as a wedding date approached. Was there undue influence.  Did one party have all the power?  Most require it be signed so many days before a wedding to prevent undue pressure.  With all their circumstances......Maybe, there aren't many assets.  Juliana is going to be very disappointed, if that's the case. 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:28 PM, doyouevengohere said:

None of these people should be getting married.  And mycull..... immigration did him a solid. 

We can only hope that either Mikhul’s friends alerted the US Embassy OR someone in the Embassy saw the show and did him the biggest solid of his life! 

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4
On 1/5/2020 at 9:02 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree.  She could go on Farmers Only and get matched ASAP.  I have never been on it (really, I have not!!) but I have heard through friends that it is heavily male.  She has a great shot there.  I am a native Minnesota gal and I am not sure what people think of when they think of our beautiful state - lakes?  Mall of America?  Hubert Humphrey? Winter? Resorts?  Quality public education? but I have been to a farm a handful of times.  Nebraska IS a heavy farm state, as is Illinois and North and South Dakota and heck let's toss in Iowa too, but there are a lot of eligible, quality men in all those states who will not lie to their parents, not bitch about pizza, not care if you have a drink and really care for you.

And not ask you to ditch your kids.

ETA:  Some of the farms need all the hands they can get and kids will do for some of the labor.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, b2H said:

And not ask you to ditch your kids.

ETA:  Some of the farms need all the hands they can get and kids will do for some of the labor.

They would be as busy as bees!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

There is a bonus scene for this episode that I cannot find on Youtube like the others. Someone on Reddit, I think, posted a Streamable link. (may autoplay) It's obvious to see why it was cut, neither Robert nor Anny bitch at each other, Anny doesn't come across as a gold-digger, and Robert doesn't come across as a penny-pinching tightwad. 

The reason I'm posting it is because I think it supports my contention that they are exaggerating and overacting for screentime and another season. 

In the video, Robert takes Anny to a Dominican hair salon to get dolled up for her birthday. Anny tells the beautician that she did hair in the DR and would like to go to cosmetology school after she gets married. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/6/2020 at 8:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

Canadians have to go to liquor/beer stores to buy alcohol.

We in Canada South, aka as Minnesota, can only buy 3.2 in grocery stores.  Some grocers have liquor stores next door but it must have a separate entrance and separate register.  

• Useful 1
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 2:32 PM, hookedontv said:

Nope, our Walmart just recently started selling beer and wine and people dressed like they just rolled out of bed before they started selling it.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

@Gobi, I see my comment about not buying liquor in grocery stores made you sad!!!  No worries, we are used to it! Hey it was just a few years ago liquor stores are open on Sundays, lol!!!

LOL! My tears of sympathy were unnecessary, then. I don't drink (hate the taste of alcohol and it makes me physically ill), but I don't see why it shouldn't be sold in grocery stores (maybe because workers could be underage?). My state doesn't allow it, I think, but otherwise it's readily available.

• Love 2
On 12/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Callaphera said:

You wanna day drink? Fine, I've done it (though not alone - always day drink with a friend to share the shame, people). You wanna throw down on three or four beers? No problem, I've also done it. But put on some damned jeans at least and a pair of sneakers. 

I think Mike's choice to escape the madness in the jammies he was wearing tells us how upset he was about the whole meltdown and being compared to horrible people by his loving fiancé.  I do recall him putting on some footwear. I guess I am on Team Mike.

• Love 6
On 12/23/2019 at 9:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

I would never expect anyone to pay for me for my entire life. As an adult, I should be able to find a job to support myself. She is very much a prostitute in being 'kept' by a sugar daddy until he tires of her.

I just don't see this in Juliana.  Many people marry and have one income to support the family.  Plus, Juliana was saying that after that wake-up call with the arbitrator, she wants to be independent and have her own source of money.  She doesn't want to be dependent on Michael and her livelihood at his whim.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I just don't see this in Juliana.  Many people marry and have one income to support the family.  Plus, Juliana was saying that after that wake-up call with the arbitrator, she wants to be independent and have her own source of money.  She doesn't want to be dependent on Michael and her livelihood at his whim.

I don't agree with that either. I'm old enough to remember when lots of women stayed home, and the family lived on the dad's income, including my own mom.

And she did say several times she doesn't want to be controlled by men.

• Love 4
On 12/24/2019 at 6:44 AM, HunterHunted said:

I assume the teddy bear with a hangover is going to be part of the package during the Tell All of  people who had to awkwardly overhear a Robert and Anny argument. Personally, I was hoping for a stripper or barista, but a hangover bear will do. So far we have a clerk at a thrift store, boxing trainer, rental associate, and a teddy bear. I'm hoping the onlookers continue to be surreal.

Hilarious!

• Love 2
On 12/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, zoltana said:

That part bugged me.  Who are they to say what he needs to learn and unlearn.  Aside from his questionable decisions in regard to Tania he's seemed like a decent person.  I'd be out the door if my spouse to be brought me to a shed and told me to clean it up so we can live in it.  All of a sudden being "woke" means you're only decent and worthy if you believe everything I believe.  I'd love to see how she reacted if he was going to clubs and "just" dancing and having drinks with female friends he's made since she's been gone.  

I can't figure out why this isn't happening. Even if Syngin didn't come up with the idea himself, I'm surprised Sharp Entertainment hasn't manufactured a party night for Syngin.  Think of the drama when the shoe's on the other foot!

• Love 5

Ok, I know few people will read rhis as I am hopelessly behind.

But there was something very strange when Muke went out drinking beer. The glasses from which he seemed to drink were red plastic cups. Yes, those are that highly populair red cups used in the USA (google it for the reason) almost exclusively but not i  Europe, let alone to drink beer out of them... yack. If the bar uses for some reason plastic cups they would be transparent and in the form of an actual beet glass. (At least, I never saw this 😉 ).

Something fishy here.

ETA: now I reached page 3 here, I see they are called Solo cups and no, they are not a thing in Ukraine. 😉

Edited by DutchbutnoJesse
4 hours ago, DutchbutnoJesse said:

Ok, I know few people will read rhis as I am hopelessly behind.

But there was something very strange when Muke went out drinking beer. The glasses from which he seemed to drink were red plastic cups. Yes, those are that highly populair red cups used in the USA (google it for the reason) almost exclusively but not i  Europe, let alone to drink beer out of them... yack. If the bar uses for some reason plastic cups they would be transparent and in the form of an actual beet glass. (At least, I never saw this 😉 ).

Something fishy here.

ETA: now I reached page 3 here, I see they are called Solo cups and no, they are not a thing in Ukraine. 😉

I assumed that bars might use them if someone wanted to sit outside so their good glassware didn't walk off or get broken by some drunkard.  I guess it could have also been TLC supplying the liquor and just paying to film there?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I assumed that bars might use them if someone wanted to sit outside so their good glassware didn't walk off or get broken by some drunkard.  I guess it could have also been TLC supplying the liquor and just paying to film there?

I think, almost for sure, this was set up by TLC. They won't serve beer in thise red Solo cups. Moreover, these cups are really something popular in the USA. But in non of the European countries I was and know, they would ever serve beer in those cups. 

• Love 1
On 12/31/2019 at 9:21 PM, gavinmac said:

My guess is a lot of that debt was incurred during  his relationship with her. Or the money spent flying to Ukraine when she whined and cried could have been used to pay it down. 30k is a lot of debt If your income isn’t all that high.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

My guess is a lot of that debt was incurred during  his relationship with her. Or the money spent flying to Ukraine when she whined and cried could have been used to pay it down. 30k is a lot of debt If your income isn’t all that high.

I'm pleasantly surprised that he is this freaked out about 30k of debt.  I've known people with far more debt (not student loans) and they weren't really that concerned about it.  I'm sure he will find his way clear of his debt.  But, Natalie is certifiable and will have equal access to their money if they marry so he should really think about it.  She seems impulsive and likely to do something ridiculous just to hurt and punish him.

• Love 3
On 1/21/2020 at 12:17 AM, RealReality said:

I'm pleasantly surprised that he is this freaked out about 30k of debt.  I've known people with far more debt (not student loans) and they weren't really that concerned about it.  I'm sure he will find his way clear of his debt.  But, Natalie is certifiable and will have equal access to their money if they marry so he should really think about it.  She seems impulsive and likely to do something ridiculous just to hurt and punish him.

I agree and to me, who makes an okay salary and my hubs earns more, that would be a lot of money.  Can he refinance the house?  Does he alone own it?   I agree that he probably racked it up visiting her.  And Natalie would not automatically had access to everything, he could keep his own checking and savings accounts, and for goodness sakes, if he does own the house alone DO NOT GIVE HER HALF!  She is, like Molly says, a Nutter Butter who needs to stay away.

• Love 2

Michael & Angela - When Michael calls Angela to tell her his visa was denied When he starts crying did anyone else notice a female hand caress the back of his head during their video chat? I noticed it the first time 20:18 and again at 20:28.