Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Two Moms, Their Daughter, and a Baby

• Start Topic

Kody and Robyn are struggling with the bank as the mortgage process is not designed for plural marriage; in North Carolina, Maddie's water breaks at the mall; Evie K is born, but when she has problems breathing, an ambulance is called.

3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And that's why it's better to have the baby at the hospital in the first place. 🙄

They already knew that Evie K had health problems but they just had to have that TLC money.... So off they go to some shitty little birthing center 2 hrs away that isn't equipped for emergencies.  🙄

Idiots, I hope they enjoy that ill gotten money.

Shitty little birthing center is right.  Twice now we have witnessed Maddie being examined on top of that bedspread with her street clothes AND her shoes on.  Even in doctor's offices they spread clean paper over the exam table and provide a gown for a proper examination.  One can only hope that when the birthing begins, they will at least discard that bedspread, revealing clean sheets.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

I hope they discuss Evie's condition (FATCO diagnosis) and the upcoming challenges. That would be interesting. However, I suspect they planned to save that for next season, as a sort of cliffhanger, which is sure to be in jeopardy now - unless they film themselves, as 90-Day Fiance is doing. They film themselves all the time for Instagram and Facebook anyway, so they kind of could pull it off actually.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

The midwife mentioned Maddie was already 5cm dilated in the last episode when she elected to drive home from the birthing centre, so she already was having useful contractions and her cervix was halfway open at that point...so why would you just go hang out at the mall knowing your baby essentially had one four-fingered arm hanging out already?! I hope the mall cleaner handed her the mop and made her clean up her own amniotic fluid mess.

When I had my daughter I was having weekly check ups the last three weeks before she was born.  I had my check up appointment and my OB told me I was at 5cm.  I had felt ZERO anything, but obviously things were starting to move along.  That was like 10:30am and he said to me....Well. You can have this baby this afternoon or we can just wait until 4am.  I chose that afternoon 😂 I made some calls, was admitted and had her by 4 pm.  I can't believe she measured a 5 and they sent her home knowing it was a long drive. 🙄

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I can't believe she measured a 5 and they sent her home knowing it was a long drive.

The birthing center may have a good reputation and a perfectly competent staff but, man, this episode is making it look like some kind of back alley operation!

• Love 20

The baby's known problems should have risked her out of a birth center birth.  They normally only take zero predicted risk births.  At 5 cm, my doctor sent me to the hospital because from 5 to birth is two hours or less for me.  I don't normally feel contractions until somewhere between 8 and 10 cm though so he didn't wait around. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ah, gee willikers.  I was so lookingk forward to a Tell-Nothingk.  😛

Is there no tell all this season? Mind you wtf would they talk about? I think this has been the most boring season ever! And the last 3 were shit! So thats saying something. 

• Love 14
On 4/7/2020 at 6:03 PM, Grifter Lives said:

This episode is the season finale.  It gives me a little hope that they won't reuse its title in a future episode on Mariah!

Already?   Geez.  It felt like 3 episodes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Already?   Geez.  It felt like 3 episodes. 

Sighs.  It felt like 30.  Thirty episodes all focused on moving.  And moving.  And moving.  And then to top the season off with a cherry, we see Maddie scream and moan for a couple of episodes.

• Love 23

This whole plural wife thing only matters to Cody when he wants to change the first wife.  Him divorcing Meri to marry Robin was against their own rules.

Cody saying they should have stayed in Nevada was so stupid.  Even the kids knew it was a stupid idea to move.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Does anyone else think the baby they're referring to is Kody?  🙂  What an asshat.  I have been mildly amused, infuriated, confused, and entertained by his ridiculous ego and antics, but at this point in time I have finally moved to being disgusted and appalled at his character.  What an insufferable ass.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Also, letting yourself labor for hours leading to days to me is not a responsible thing. What if you did that and then by the time it was really time to birth you were too wiped out to handle it?

Or the baby is deprived of oxygen and ends up with brain damage?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Season finale?  Nope, not watching Maddie scream and holler for an hour in a dirty bathtub. 🤮

I’m always bored with the pregnancy/birth episodes. Yawn. 

I'm usually bored by Maddie and Caleb period.  The birth episodes are the worst though.  What better way to get attention than to scream?  That's exactly what Robyn's daughters used to do when they joined the family.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Many women scream, moan, and cry during childbirth~ however, most women don’t do it on national television.....🥴

And it's not like there is no other choice.  You don't HAVE to suffer.  Epidural person is amazing!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Season finale?  Nope, not watching Maddie scream and holler for an hour in a dirty bathtub. 🤮

I’m always bored with the pregnancy/birth episodes. Yawn. 

Who can forget Axel Rose's birth, with Maddie screaming, "I CANNNNN'T?"  That was truly awful.  I'll watch this Sunday, since it's the last one, but I don't blame anyone for not wanting to see yet another birth, especially when Maddie is the mother again.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And it's not like there is no other choice.  You don't HAVE to suffer.  Epidural person is amazing!!

And even if you want to suffer and are on a TV show, you don't have to air the screaming and moaning part, specially since we have already seen Maddie wallowing and screaming in a filthy bathtub before. We don't need to see/hear that again.  Just show us baby Evie when you're done doing what women have done without fanfare for thousands of years.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
(edited)

Or if you do decide to do it "all natural" you don't have to scream and put on a huge show.  I had drug free labors in the hospital as they were high risk so we had oxygen and all the monitors, but I didn't scream or carry on like Maddy did.  If a person wants to labor without pain meds, there are methods to practice to make it all much more tolerable.  Screaming through labor is not the common plan.  Does Maddy do any classes or training before labor and delivery?

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Any reasonable parents knowing their baby had medical issues would never opt for a birthing center instead of a full functioning hospital for the birth.  What the hell were they thinking???

Could it be Maddie did not receive the best prenatal care?  The one sonogram that was shown was taken at a strip mall store front kind of place,

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

Could it be Maddie did not receive the best prenatal care?  The one sonogram that was shown was taken at a strip mall store front kind of place,

More than likely that was only done for the purpose of filming.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

The one sonogram that was shown was taken at a strip mall store front kind of place,

She made mention of a "anatomy ultrasound" or something like that as I recall.  Hopefully that was at a proper facility.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I would hope that she received decent prenatal care even though she chose a medically unconventional birth. I assume they have good health insurance through her husband's union job and they aren't in a medical desert. 

Then again, who knows??? Sometimes people defy all common sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/9/2020 at 7:48 AM, Kyanight said:

Sighs.  It felt like 30.  Thirty episodes all focused on moving.  And moving.  And moving.  And then to top the season off with a cherry, we see Maddie scream and moan for a couple of episodes.

They moved??   🙄

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
On 4/6/2020 at 10:49 PM, Joan of Argh said:

And that's why it's better to have the baby at the hospital in the first place. 🙄

They already knew that Evie K had health problems but they just had to have that TLC money.... So off they go to some shitty little birthing center 2 hrs away that isn't equipped for emergencies.  🙄

Idiots, I hope they enjoy that ill gotten money.

I think mormons and other religious groups like to use mid wives --  I get the feeling they seem to think it harkens back to the old days.  None of that fancy hospital stuff for them. None of that fancy hospital stuff for them

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

He got this job after she was already pregnant.  It would most likely not be covered 

Really?  I know at least two couples who were already pregnant when they got new medical coverage because of a new job and the prenatal care and birth expenses were covered.  One of them was Kaiser Permanente which covers pretty much everything as long as you go to their facilities.

I think it's different when you get insurance through your job vs. buying your own.  But I could be wrong.  I would think that a Union job would have pretty good medical coverage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8