Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

There is no excuse for Danny Romolatti’s hair cut or color. They’re awfu!

Danny Romalottis number one fan here, but even I have to agree. It’s not a wig is it?  The salt and pepper look would suit him much better. 

• Like 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think she with living with Victor and sleeping with Nick. So that’s why Nikki and Phyllis hate her. She was played by Maura West at the time. I remember her being obnoxious but not that horrible. Feel free to correct me, I don’t remember it all that well.

Exactly. Many of us did not watch back in the day when Mulva played Diane. So why spend months on this storyline that many don’t remember. It would have made a great arc for a month or so. I don’t mind them bringing the original Diane back - she is head and shoulders (acting wise) above Phyllis and Nicki. I wish she could stay. The writers could have done a good story about the abandonment of her family, Jack’s anger and conflict,  what she has been doing for decades. All the viewers could have been truly engaged. Instead:  Stark, Mean Girls, juvenile behavior from the three shrews. (Includes Ashley). It seems it has gone on for months and months. Wait! It has!

And just when we thought it couldn’t get worse…a terribly written and acted murder. That will probably go on for weeks if not months. If anyone but Michelle S was playing Phyllis it might not be so bad. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is it me or is Aria a big baby for her age, lol? She's probably the same size as Dominic. I'm so glad we finally get to see her.

She's an adorable little pudge!🥰

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is it me or is Aria a big baby for her age, lol? She's probably the same size as Dominic. I'm so glad we finally get to see her.

You should see the huge, cute babies on GH. Both Ace was premature and Amelia barely made it despite her mother having cancer for the whole pregnancy. And both of them could stand on their own one week after being born.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, jqdeco said:

I wasn’t watching the show when Diane was on before so I don’t know the history. Aside from faking her death, what did she do? You would think someone would have recapped it by now. Or maybe I zoned out when that happened. I’m still trying to understand what Phyllis gets out of faking her own death, other than setting up Diane and abandoning her kids, which seems to be her biggest complaint against Diane. If she was truly worried about Diane taking over her life, then stay and fight. I just don’t understand this storyline.

I started watching in the mid 90's, I remember when AD Diane came back to town and she started dating Jack(whom she had a romantic history with) and they became engaged. Victor ended up hiring Diane to work on some project for him. What happened next was a whirlwind because I don't know if Victor truly fell in love with her or he wanted to piss off Jack, maybe both, but out of nowhere they got married. Needless to say Nikki was not happy about this, (even though she was married to Joshua at time) she was always inserting herself into Victor and Diane's marriage, like uncomfortably so. Nikki suspected that Diane wanted a baby with Victor and when she brought up the subject to him (why, I don't know) it was pretty clear he wasn't on board, so she put in idea in his head to get a vasectomy, which he did without discussing it with Diane. When Diane found out about the vasectomy and Nikki involvement, she was pissed, she excluded Nikki from Victor's birthday celebration, which was a family event. I remember a very unhinged Nikki showed up anyway and announced that her and Joshua were going to try for a baby (if was a great scene). Anyway, Joshua's presumed dead ex wife (who was working a maid at the Newman Ranch unbeknownst to anyone) shot and killed Joshua, Nikki was also shot and critically injured. She not expected to make it, so Victor asked Diane to quickie divorce in the Dominican Republic, so he could marry Nikki on her deathbed, which he thought would make her happy. He told Diane that they would remarry after Nikki died, but of course that did not happen. Nikki survived and her Victor planned to get married again. Diane was livid and hired Michael Baldwin to take Victor to the cleaners, she ended up with a seat on the Newman board as part of the divorce settlement. She then found out about Victor's, um, deposit at the sperm bank which led to her, Nikki and Ashley playing a gross game of keep away with Victor's sperm. Diane had herself artificially inseminated by using  the sample she thought belonged to Victor (years later it was revealed to be Jack's) but at the time Diane was so sure she was carrying Victor's child that she named the baby Christian Victor Newman. When the DNA proved Victor wasn't the father, Diane was in shock and left town with her baby. Nikki confessed to Victor that had switched the sample, but instead of being grateful to her (like she thought he would be) he was angry with her that Diane's child would now have to grow up not knowing who his father was. 

ETA: When Diane came back to town and was fighting with Phyllis over Jack, she was played by Susan Walters. Years later when she came back and was sleeping with Nick and Victor and also slept with Tucker (which Ashley is still pissed about) she was played by Maura West. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

Well, I’m finally rooting for Jeremy Stark.

4 hours ago, jqdeco said:

I just don’t understand this storyline.

You don’t understand it because you’re not a stupid person. It doesn’t make any sense.

Is it me or did Nick show more concern about Elena’s feelings than he ever did for his own brother after boinking Sally? And he sure does have a lot of nerve confronting his sister and SidePart considering what he did with Sally while she was still employed by NE.

Speaking of uncomfortable sex, didn’t Nick literally roll in the hay with Phyllis when they were cheating?

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

Speaking of uncomfortable sex, didn’t Nick literally roll in the hay with Phyllis when they were cheating?

Nothing tops dumpster sex. Looking at you Phyllis despite your "excellent" disguise.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 15

Phyllis, what you've done is punish your children for what you perceive as Diane's sins. Congratulations! 🙁

The Newmans sure have been spending a lot more time at the Abbotts' lately. Hmm. Is the ranch house set not available any more?

Aria Porter Copeland. The closed captioning didn't have a hyphen in it so eventually she'll simply be Aria Copeland, I bet, with Porter treated as her middle name.

Good thing Aria's eyes may not be fully focusing yet because if she could see Grandma Sharon's puffy face and scraggly hair she might've starting screaming.

OMG, Aria's chubby little apple cheeks. She's adorable.🍎🍎🍎🍎

Jeremy, Phyllis is still here because she's a total nutbag at the mercy of her constantly famished ego. You co-conspired with the wrong person. Oops.

Looked like there wasn't any direct genital contact yet in the NE CEO's office. So technically Nate hasn't cheated, in his mind, anyway. Ugh, this guy.

Dang, Nick coming at skanky big sis with both barrels. But Vikki deflected those morality bullets like Wonder Woman with her golden bracelets. (Yeah, I crack myself up sometimes. 🥴)

Well, Phyllis has succeeded in driving one of her kids bonkers. Summer probably has wild theories on Area 51, the "fake" 1969 moonwalk, and who killed JFK too.

Nick, if Nate did have an agenda wrt Victoria, why would he admit it to you? He may be full of himself but he's not stupid.

I don't see Summer lasting much longer at the Abbott manse. Maybe that's why they chem-tested her with Chance.

Actually now would be a great time for Stark to kill Red. You can't murder someone who's already dead. Odds are though, he'll be the one who ends up taking a dirt nap. Sigh.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, jqdeco said:

I wasn’t watching the show when Diane was on before so I don’t know the history. Aside from faking her death, what did she do?

She slept with Jack the night before he married Patty. Which contributed to Patty's mental problems. She stole sperm. Only she stole the wrong sperm, there were a lot of switcheroos. She wanted Victor's but ended up with Jack's. Ashley got Victor's.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Many of us did not watch back in the day when Mulva played Diane. So why spend months on this storyline that many don’t remember. It would have made a great arc for a month or so. I don’t mind them bringing the original Diane back - she is head and shoulders (acting wise) above Phyllis

Mulva isn't the original. OG Diane Alex Donnelly was even better than Mulva.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Side part cracks me up every time

When Nate is on the screen, my eyes are immediately drawn to it.

Phyllis thinks she’s so smart and badass and yet blither blathers her dumb plans to the only person who knows she’s alive and would only benefit from having her be genuinely dead. Idiot should have grabbed the passport and ID and flown the coop. If she had to ruin everyone’s day by showing up alive, she could have flapped her leathery wings back to Genoa City and Stark could do fuck all to stop her. Instead, she hangs out with him, alone, and antagonizes him. Who’s the smart one now, Phyllis? Not you, that’s for sure.

Of course, knowing the show, Phyllis will somehow kill him, allowing her to run back to town and cry that mean old Jeremy forced her into this plan. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

NM I didn't look one post up. In my defense my stuffed up sinuses have been getting most of my attention the past couple days...

Edited by Jaded
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

She slept with Jack the night before he married Patty. Which contributed to Patty's mental problems. She stole sperm. Only she stole the wrong sperm, there were a lot of switcheroos. She wanted Victor's but ended up with Jack's. Ashley got Victor's.

Thank God she didn't get Jack's!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 19

Brilliant Phyllis! You brought original gangsta Stark back to town to mess up Diane's life, now your life is more messed up then hers. What part of writing about a  psychopathic criminal does JG not get? His backstory was all about using Diane to facilitate his life of crime! Why would he not have just choked Phyllis out today, when he got the first whiff that she is too mentally unhinged to follow through on not only his, but ANY plan? Why would we have to watch Phyllis explaining her feelings to a man, who clearly only understands the feelings he has for himself? To make it worse, the makeup artist has trout lipped Phyllis in a heinous shade of lipstick. No fairy godmothers, no magic wands, no daytime Emmys here, IMO.

• Like 5
  • Applause 12
  • Love 1

I'm still really thankful that I was on a hiatus from the show when Maura West was on as Diane. I've never sought out any clips of her doing so either. I liked Alex and Susan's different takes when it comes to playing Diane. 

JG is a piss poor writer which will only get worse if the episodes written after the mass firing haven't started airing yet.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Thank you for those clips @ezzylin! Those were great and it's actually difficult for me to pick a favorite Diane.

Also, I've long wondered if Michelle Stafford always repeated herself or if it's a relatively new tic, and those scenes answered the question. She's been unnecessarily repeating her lines since at least 2002. She is tiresome to me as a viewer; I can't imagine having to work with her everyday.

Brilliant and hilarious as always, @NinjaPenguins! Nick's gorilla talk is especially spot on.  And these two snippets:

5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nick: Thanks. Swamp nuts are no joke. By the way, I might be getting bored of my bro’s babymama soon. Can I give you a call?

<snip>

Jeremy: Diane is half the twit you are, and I say that as someone who despises her. No one is going to forgive you for faking your death. Well, maybe Jack. He’s a real doormat.

are the best summaries of Nick and Jack that will ever be written! Two legacy, leading men and this is who and what they are.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Actually now would be a great time for Stark to kill Red.

I think Ginger Crisp (love that name) should dress up again in her 'disguise' and report Jeremy for his threats (verbal and physical)  and (finally) get his parole violated.  No one would recognize her, right?

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I think Alex Donnelly, Susan Walters and Maura West all had the same energy in their respective portrayals of the character.

No shade to Maura West because I think she's killing it on General Hospital but Diane might have been her worst role. Then again the writing for the character was kinda sloppy & somewhat rushed looking back on it(still beats today's writing tho easily). It's likely because the original plan was to kill her off permanently. And if Alex Donnelly wasn't gonna come back they should've left the character dead imo. I think Susan Walters is good but not great. She was much better in the role 20 years ago(to be fair that could be said for most of the cast) but now she's just meh.

The one thing the character had going for her upon returning, making life hell for Phyllis, she's not even really doing, Ginger Crisp (😂 I adore this forum) here is doing that herself. In fact she's is the one fucking with Diane and pretty much getting away with it at the moment. We don't need to see that, no one asked to see that. Especially when Phyllis is eventually found out she'll weasel her way out of punishment like she always does. That's just rinse repeat of Phylty vs. Sharon, Christine, Diane 2.0.....how compelling 😒

Also, to my recollection, of all the characters viewers would want to see back I don't think Diane was at the top of anyone's list. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 5

Some recent convenient coincidences have been giving me an awful feeling.  In her remarks at the service, Lauren mentioned out of the blue how Phyllis was another of Sheila's many victims, just as Sheila's time on B&B has wound down.  She's supposed to be in prison (for life, this time) after having confessed to a murder, but we all know how that goes.  Lucy's arrival makes me think it's even more likely she'll be in GC soon.  I don't understand why these shows can't quit this character or the canned ham that plays her.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 1
  • Applause 16
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Skarzero said:

No shade to Maura West because I think she's killing it on General Hospital but Diane might have been her worst role. Then again the writing for the character was kinda sloppy & somewhat rushed looking back on it(still beats today's writing tho easily). It's likely because the original plan was to kill her off permanently

I didn't mind Maura West playing Diane, but I do agree with about the writing. Upthread I wrote about Diane's history WRT her divorce from Victor, I remembered how angry she was how their marriage came to an abrupt end,  which is why she hired Michael Baldwin to represent her. Michael, being the shark he was, not got her a seat on the Newman board, but millions of dollars(which she deserved, Victor did her dirty). When MW Diane came back to Genoa City, she was broke because of "a few bad investments", which I found hard to believe. MAB clearly didn't give a shit about Diane; I don't understand how she had powerhouse actress like Maura West and wasted her by having the character degrade herself into something she clearly wasn't, IMO, it was vile and misogynistic. I do agree that maybe MAB's plan from the jump was to kill off Diane (it was rumored that she was forced to hire MW). Plus, I was sickened by how disturbingly violent Diane's "murder" was,  especially because it was Daytime television.

I remember fallout after Victor pushed Diane out of a moving ambulance, things got so heated over at TWoP, I think the boards were temporarily locked by the mods.

MW Diane might not have been everyone's cup of tea but she did give us this iconic scene. RIP Big Blue Plate. If you know, you know.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 3
20 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

She framed Phyllis for arson.

And she ran over her own foot with her SUV and tried to frame SyPhyllis for that, too.

All three of the actresses portraying Diane have been good, but MW was much too young for the role. And then they paired her with Dick in a Box, which was fine for the actress but made no sense for the character.

One thing that really bothers me about Mulva Diane is that when she was in the role the character was all about her feud with SyPyllis. so when they brought her back it was obvious that that's really all her story would be about.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Caught up on Wed - Fri.  

Key points Wednesday:  

How did Crispy know to wear purple?  How was she supposed to buy a dress and wig without being noticed?  Did she already have that disguise to leave town?  Beside she had the same style dress as the other “flight attendants”🤔.  

I’m sick and tired for everyone excusing Crispy for being Crispy because she is who she is.  

Is Chance that week minded that Summer ❄️ can use a Jedi mind trick on him to get him to focus on Diane and not Stark.  I guess a wink, a smile, and a nod, from a blonde is all it takes.  Isn’t Chance there to see if Diane looks guilty but kicks Stark out and seems to dismiss his guilt. To me Stark is acting guilty by his intense blaming of Diane. Chance, at this point, can’t even consider the fact that Stark is setting up Diane to get revenge.  Summer ❄️ must have terrible peripheral vision if she didn’t notice Crispy slinking down the stairs.  It’s a miracle how everyone was facing forward and didn’t see Crispy standing there.  Banana Breath glanced over at Summer ❄️ but he didn’t see Crispy standing directly behind her. As Summer ❄️ walked towards her father after his speech, I would bet the farm that Banana Breath looked directly at Crispy.  Again Crispy was in the same line of sight as Summer ❄️.  Even Jack in talking about delivering Summer ❄️, in the elevator, glanced over at Summer ❄️ a few times and couldn’t see Crispy who was right there. 

In addition, Chance is supposed to be looking at Diane for any sense of guilt but he’s behind her.  Wouldn’t a good policeman be scanning the room for any sign of trouble or the possibility of Stark returning.  I’m almost positive that Crispy fakes her tears because she didn’t shed one tear. Both Summer ❄️ and Daniel had tears in their eyes during Summer’s ❄️ speech but not Crispy.  Tell me how many times did Lucy see Crispy in all her years?  How many times did Crispy actually mention Lucy?  Lucy didn’t even see or insisted on seeing Crispy the last time she was in town?  

Adam is so right. Every kid is different. Usually a parent never knows if they are doing a good job raising that child until it’s too late to matter.  Adam is exited about everything to do with the baby.  Even before they found out the baby was Adam’s, Banana Breath wasn’t all that exited and even less so now. 

Wow, who would have guessed that they found out it was Diane who bought the poison?  But for intensive purposes that’s circumstantial evidence. 

Key point’s Thursday:

Summer ❄️ is definitely Crispy’s daughter by inheriting her manic behavior. Summer ❄️ is now sitting on Crispy’s thrown of unhinged behavior. 

Tell me how that letter got into Jack’s house?  The letter is still circumstantial evidence and the police officer puts the letter into a plastic bag which is not an evidence bag.  An evidence bag would identify the officer who found the letter and where it was found. Swiss cheese anyone?  

Cruella trying to be proactive in front of Natey Nate Nate 😂.  To level the playing field on trying to be provocative, Cruella is going to ban cleavage in the office. 

Chance, you just had to arrest Diane, at the memorial, in front of Summer ❄️ just to impress her. You could have easily waited. Diane wasn’t going anywhere. Now I know why Crispy hung around so she could see Diane get arrested. But how did she know that would happen?  Another helping of Swiss cheese. 

No wonder Banana Breath likes Daniel. He thinks he’s a banana. 

How can Natey Nate Nate and Cruella be any more 🤢🤮. A boney ass on a hard surface has to be painful for both 😉.  

The police come down the stairs just about knocking Crispy over and because Crispy is still by the stairs, Diane is taken out by a different entrance. I have had enough Swiss cheese to clog my colon. 

Key points Friday:

A word to the wise Crispy, be careful be very careful of what you wish for. The means don’t always justify the ends. 

Christine, real evidence my ass. Circumstantial evidence at best.  Nobody saw when or how Diane poisoned Crispy.  The poison was found in Crispy’s room not in Diane’s possession. How did they know Diane even bought the poison?  Wouldn’t she have been smart enough to pay cash and not by credit card.  In addition, why would Diane keep that letter and why wouldn’t she show it to Jack?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Christine your full of shit. Your the DA and your the one responsible to ask for bail to be set. If you want you could ask, the judge, for no bail.  You could knock the charges down to a misdemeanor if you want. The DA’s, in major cities do that all the time. 

Mariah, don’t be ridiculous. You can’t hide your baby from all that or the baby won’t build up its immune system. Beside Mariah, did you put the baby in a bubble when you flew home?  Why is is Porter Copeland and not Copeland Porter 😉.  But maybe Mariah was only kidding and wanted Tessa to make a grand entrance. 

Joy to the world!!  The monkeys with a keyboard finally did something right by putting Adam/Sally and Mariah/Tessa in the same scene.  

Kyle, all what work?  A venue and some champagne maybe the printing of a memorial book. I guess Summer ❄️ painted the portrait since you wanted nobody’s help or wrote Danny’s song. 

Here we go, Crispy is using tears as a weapon to Stark. Again I say, Crispy didn’t shed one tear at the memorial. 

With Banana Breath interrupting Cruella  and Natey Nate Nate, what is more painful playing hide the sausage on the desk or Natey Nate Nate’s blue balls. 

Summer ❄️ you’re the one who can’t really see your mother for who she is. Your mother has attempted murder more than once. Diane only murdered herself.  Summer ❄️ tell me how Diane poisoned Crispy after they has the fight Crispy left the room and Jack, Summer ❄️, Kyle, and Diane all left, the room , at the same time. 

When push comes to shove, I put my money on Crispy over Stark. Crispy has a multiple year contract and Stark does not 😉.

I got a great idea. Give Summer ❄️ to Chance and bring back Tara for Kyle. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Wow, where did all this Diane hate come from all of a sudden? I'm scared. 😱 

I've liked Diane's return for the most part. The beginning in L.A. when she manipulated Allie didn't sit right with me but once the action moved to GC I was on board.

Diane other than SW and MW's versions is foggy to me. MW was definitely too young and it was clear a certain bts group of cast members didn't like her. I wasn't particularly taken by SW's earlier portayal either though I did enjoy how hard she went at Phyllis.

A while before Diane showed up PB was lamenting how playboy Jackie's romancing days were over. Things have certainly turned around on that score, huh? One wonders though if Diane and Jack are going to end badly again.

Meanwhile, out in the soap forum wilds there are viewers talking shite about Mariah, Aria, and Tessa. What is this world?

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I've liked Diane's return for the most part. The beginning in L.A. when she manipulated Allie didn't sit right with me but once the action moved to GC I was on board.

Speaking of Allie and Noah…🤔

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Some recent convenient coincidences have been giving me an awful feeling.  In her remarks at the service, Lauren mentioned out of the blue how Phyllis was another of Sheila's many victims, just as Sheila's time on B&B has wound down.  She's supposed to be in prison (for life, this time) after having confessed to a murder, but we all know how that goes.  Lucy's arrival makes me think it's even more likely she'll be in GC soon.  I don't understand why these shows can't quit this character or the canned ham that plays her.

I love Sheila. She's the number one reason I watch B&B. However, Y&R lost the ability to write for the character long ago. That mess the last time she was in GC - ugh, I don't want to even think about it. I hope and pray they don't bring her to GC again. Let sleeping dogs lie. There's also the fear that Daisy could resurface in GC. That actress was one of Y&R's worst. The funny thing about Lucy is that the actress looks like she could be related to Heather's mother April, only Lucy is not related to Heather and April.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:18 PM, MsMalin said:

🤣🤣🤣  Side part cracks me up every time

That thing looks like a faux comb-over. Like, why, Natey Nate Nate, why?

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 4/15/2023 at 2:11 PM, Snaporaz said:

Please make her go away. I’m beyond tired of her and I’m not a viewer from back in the day.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 4/15/2023 at 2:28 PM, ezzylin said:

MAB clearly didn't give a shit about Diane; I don't understand how she had powerhouse actress like Maura West and wasted her by having the character degrade herself into something she clearly wasn't, IMO, it was vile and misogynistic. I do agree that maybe MAB's plan from the jump was to kill off Diane (it was rumored that she was forced to hire MW). Plus, I was sickened by how disturbingly violent Diane's "murder" was,  especially because it was Daytime television.

I remember fallout after Victor pushed Diane out of a moving ambulance, things got so heated over at TWoP, I think the boards were temporarily locked by the mods.

If MW was a forced hire that would explain her performance during that time period. I never kept up with backstage drama much but MW not being liked or feeling unwelcome doesn't surprise me. Hence the ambulance fiasco, which I was never comfortable with. Whoever didn't like her, probably enjoyed that scene, probably a little too much. I agree that she had some good moments in spite of whatever was happening behind the scenes. Maura West's talent would've been wasted on this show, and I'm glad she's on GH instead. She's got chemistry with most of the cast there imo. 

Writing wise, it was clear that the writers/head writer at the time was angling for a murder mystery & didn't care how they made one. Somehow, as hasty and tasteless as that was, it flowed better than this horseshit JG is trying to feed us now. 

I don't really hate Diane, I just hate how much her return was fumbled...again. And her story involving Phyllis does her zero favors imo. Especially since it's not a true feud anymore, it's just Phyllis being a psycho, narcissistic bitch again & 2 other bitches(I still like Ashley sometimes tho) picking fights with her. She & Jack whine and hand-wring over it when AD Diane or SW Diane circa 2002 would've gone for the jugular of one or all three of them by now.

I guess the best thing that could happen now, other than Crispy dying by Jeremy's hand, is Diane bringing hell down on Phyllis and maybe even S(D)ummer & Chance for buying into this half-assed, obvious set up with BS "evidence" in the first place. That might make me interested in the character again. I wouldn't be mad at her if she got back at Victor for pushing her out an ambulance while she's at it. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

If MW was a forced hire that would explain her performance during that time period. I never kept up with backstage drama much but MW not being liked or feeling unwelcome doesn't surprise me. Hence the ambulance fiasco, which I was never comfortable with. Whoever didn't like her, probably enjoyed that scene, probably a little too much. I agree that she had some good moments in spite of whatever was happening behind the scenes. Maura West's talent would've been wasted on this show, and I'm glad she's on GH instead. She's got chemistry with most of the cast there imo. 

Writing wise, it was clear that the writers/head writer at the time was angling for a murder mystery & didn't care how they made one. Somehow, as hasty and tasteless as that was, it flowed better than this horseshit JG is trying to feed us now. 

There's an old interview from michaelfairmantv.com in December 2011 that Maura West did with Nelson Branco(RIP), which provides a bit of insight as to what went on BTS.

Maura in hindsight, if she feels she decided to take on the role of Diane too soon after ATWT:  “Frankly, I did jump in rather quickly because I didn’t want to be the last person to have a seat in this [casting] game of musical chairs. So, I took the first seat available. Yeah, when [my husband] Scott [De Freitas], my agent and I speak in retrospect, we all agree I should have waited for something else. Originally, I didn’t realize Diane was a recast of an existing character. After I found out, I expressed concern about the age discrepancy, but was told the [de-SORASing] was an intentional age change. And that’s cool! For God’s sake, it’s a soap opera. It happens — and it’s not unusual to play with characters’ ages. But I would have asked more questions, for sure. I mean, Diane’s my mother’s age! That should have raised some red flags. But I was excited with the prospect of working with a group of extremely talented people on Y&R. I also wanted a change. [Moreover], I was excited about moving to LA. There were a lot of positive reasons why I took the job, but there were also some reasons why I shouldn’t have taken the job.”

Maura on if she was surprised that the powers-that-be at Y&R were killing her off just as her character was picking up steam: “No, and I’ll tell you why. I may not be a genius but I’m no Forrest Gump, either! It was very clear to me, even by week two, this was not a character anyone was particularly invested in. The second time Diane showed up and dropped her overcoat, I was like, “Oh, I see what’s going on here.” I wasn’t surprised. No, in fact, I was really let go, time-wise, I before all that fun, sparkly stuff with Michael Muhney’s Adam. I already knew I was on the way out shortly after working with Muhney.”

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 3

I LOVED Maura West in her short time on Y&R. She routinely turned chicken**** writing into chicken soup. (And there was a whole lot of the former.) Considering that I never saw her on any other soap, it’s not as if I was a fan of hers previously.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Considering that I never saw her on any other soap

I remember Maura West from when she played "Carly Tenney" on As The World Turns (1995-1996;1997-2010) and she had five husbands, with "Carl Snyder" being the last.

• Like 4

Wow, I did not see today's Phyllis-faked-her-death plot twist coming at all, as  I actually thought that Phyllis might somehow fake her death to get away from JS, but WOW!!!!, I really never saw that one coming - I wonder how this one's going to work itself out - - notice that I did not actually spoil things for those who haven't seen the episode yet, but I guarantee that you will be surprised by how it ends.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Aw damn. I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulled the ball away again. Maybe on her way to dump Jeremy Stark’s body, a tree will fall on the Dumpster Humper. Then we can give that tree the Key to the City.

Those Chance Dummer vibes apparently weren’t a figment of our imaginations. So this guy will go from losing his family to the World’s Most Boring Man to sleeping with the Most Spoiled Brat in the World. Plus, he will have locked up an innocent woman over evidence that he never questioned for a second. What’s next? Smoking crack in the alley behind Society? Who knew that Sharin’ would be the one to dodge the bullet there?

If empty threats were winning lottery tickets, the Bouffant would be richest man in GC. 

When Victor said to Adam, “What the hell is wrong with you two?”, I LOLed. Did this sack of crap Dickolas really make a face when he found out Adam was going to Sally’s doctor’s appointment? Who does this dill hole think he is???!?

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4