Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

WTF with Kyle inserting himself into every conversation between Ashland and Tara, then storming off after she tells him about Ashland’s ‘offer.’ Was he planning to confront Ashland? And then what? This kid is so far out of his league it isn’t even funny. Ashland could wipe the floor with Kyle without even breaking a sweat.

and Dummer and her yellow submarine. Which kid did she steal it from? It certainly wasn’t new because no new toy comes without a box. 

I enjoyed the victor/Nikki flashbacks. I wasn’t watching back then but damn, EB was HOT! And MTS was (still is) a striking woman.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I enjoyed the victor/Nikki flashbacks. I wasn’t watching back then but damn, EB was HOT! And MTS was (still is) a striking woman.

Oh, yeah. I started watching Show because my grandma did and she used to just swoon over him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Oh boo hoo, Summer. There are people in the world who have worse problems than having to postpone their 37th wedding to the same man. Stop moping all over town looking for sympathy. 🙄

So now Kyle gets to speak for Tara to her husband because a DNA test said he's Harrison's father? Good luck with that, Bouffant Boy.

I did not know apricot roses were supposed to be special. Newman Anniversary Special, it seems. 🤔

Lol, Kyle mean-mugging Ashland like, "I would crack you like a walnut, old man" and Ashland giving it right back to him like, "I'm sure you would try, sidepiece."

Prokofiev. Okay, you MWTs can stop trying to look smart now. This is a soap opera, not Jeopardy. Interesting mention of Leslie Brooks though.

Good job as a new dad, Kyle. Keep stuffing Harrison with cookies and ice cream the way you have been and the poor tyke'll be obese by the end of summer. 😒

Tara, even you can't believe the nonsense you're spewing. Kyle didn't see sh!t, least of all your feeling unappreciated by your husband. He just wanted to get his d!ck wet and you wanted a fallback plan. FOH.

I wonder why Naya doesn't ever greet Devon? Maybe she senses that he's not particularly impressed by her. The feeling appears to be mutual.

Since we didn't hear Ashland make that outrageous demand to Tara, I'm not convinced he actually said it the way Tara relayed it to Kyle. She's stirring up more trouble IMO.

Good grief, did Victor have the horse flown in from Italy too? He's such a showboater. A showboater with a terrible carbon footprint. 🤨

Naya has apparently realized she needs to use Devon to work Amanda. Don't fall for it, Devon. These Benedict women are shady AF.

Imani will be staying at the hotel too? Ruh roh. Countdown to when Amanda catches Nate in a state of dishabille in her half-sister's room.

Why would Kyle go to the Gateway Peapod looking for Ashland? Locke is staying at the GCAC because Phyllis refused to give him a room. Oy, Kyle acts like such an overmatched doofus to me. John Abbott would not be proud. 🙁

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Jack,  I love you but sometimes that purty head of yours is apparently filled with cement.  That tongue bath he gave his sometimes daughter, Dummer was pretty nauseating.  Apparently one of those "obstacles" Dummer so bravely overcame so she and and Malibu Ken, the fruit of your loins was her SELLING HIM A PIECE OF HER LIVER so she could get a piece of him.  Wowtheromance.  

When she started blubbering something about finding a "space" in her life for Harrison I'm pretty sure she was talking about a locked space in the Abbott attic or maybe a space on one of Elon Musk's rocketships or maybe a play space all his own in Upper Siberia.  

Aww, so nice that she got the little guy that toy submarine.  Too bad for whatever other little kid Dummer knocked down and took it from.

All of the angst over her and Kyle having to postpone their wedding would be flattened out if they stopped postponing Dummer's commitment to a locked psychiatric facility.  

Go on Kyle, you stand up to that mean Ashland Locke!  Show him what you'r made of!  Are you a man or are you a mouse?

giphy.gif

......looks like I've got to go with "mouse"......

With all the possible parental figures available to Harrison, it looks to me like his nanny should get sole custody.

Phew!  Nikki lucked out with the birthday presents.  When Victor first gave her that box I figured he'd made her a shoebox diorama of his time at the orphanage.  I guess he's still working on that.

I guess listening to Leslie Brooks play Prokofiev is fine,

giphy.gif

but hearing Lisa Loopner play "The Way We Were" would be even better.

I liked Sally, a lot, more than I've liked any new character in ages but Show has chosen a lane with her so I wish they'd just finish it up and let TPTB think we all buy that she's the villain and Dummer is just some poor schmuck victim.  

Unless she decides instead to put Dummer in a box and ship her to Mongolia by book rate.

Bad for Mongolia, good for us!

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, boes said:

I've been gripped by the utter drama of the "Who's Your Daddy" blues that I've pretty much drifted off to sleep most of the week.  Ashland's voice usually wakes me up, though.  The man may be just another corporate blowhard BUT I do like the cut of his....let's call it a "jib" and just move on.....

I love it when Locke-ness narrows his shark eyes, squares his jaw, then drops an anvil on Kyle and Tara.

Tara squeaks back an excuse and puts on a smaller pair of Spanx. Kyle jibbers and sticks out his hair swoop defensively -- Back to your upholstered cages Hamsters.

Kyle's blabbering to Harrison in his version of baby talk also made it through to my fogged brain but I honestly thought it was just him talking to Dummer.  I did perk up when I heard him say something about kicking balls.  I'm all in for someone to execute that move on Jack Abbott's baby boy and soon.

The last thing Kyle should be doing is explaining to Locke Jr. why his parents are on the outs. Kyle has no business in the Locke's pre-divorce negotiations, or any other part of their breakup.

I call bullshit on Tara waltzing around in her Cannot Lose My Son distress, while Jack and Kyle volunteer to defend her honor because Jr is an Abbott. Tara's got the Abbott's doing her bidding, while Locke-ness plays hardball.

When Lock-ness asked Tara why she let him fall in love with another man's child -- Ouch!

So Dummer is so much her mother's daughter that she's jealous of a toddler?  Does she think she should be all the toddler Kyle should ever want?  Don't ever change, Dummer.  After all, according to the Genoa City sages, you're "as smart as it gets".  

Less duck lips though - she looks like she's desperate to lay an egg.

<shakes head>

Not that the apple falls far from the tree -- If everything doesn't revolve around Dumber, it's not worthy of her consideration. 

Too much pouting over how Dumber's lost Kyle's constant attention. Idiots.

I did enjoy the first official meeting of the Genoa City Big Balls Club. Nick and Adam posing while the King Poser himself relaxed behind the desk was only lacking ButtBiscuit in his skinny jeans to complete the membership.  Devon thankfully, ducked out of that Teletubbie Mind Meld before he got sucked in too deeply.  Do all these delusional man children walk around with ice packs between their thighs?

The office was already over-capacity for egotism. There wouldn't have been room enough for NotBilly's self-righteous truther mandate.

Nothing says "smart business decisions" like using your companies to settle personal grudges.

I thought all companies were used for personal attacks and hell-bound train stations for business rivals.

Huh! Who'da thunk it?

Did you see how Lily and ButtBiscuit decorate?  They've got some sort of little plant or something ON TOP of a book.  No surprise to me that neither of them can read.  They run the only media company that's nothing but emojis.  Correction - one of TWO media companies that are run by illiterates now that Adam and Nick are joining forces.  We don't need no stinking BOOKS!

One plant. One book. One boinking couch. One boinking kitchen island. Fucktard decorating by Wayfair.

Chance dot Com and Newman Media are hilariously single-minded crap. Chance dot Com covers Atonal/Victor/Newman-related detritus exclusively. Newman Media is restricted to reporting on NotBillyBoyAbbott/Jaboat Waterfront/Chance dot DumbAss.

Does Victoria know her old Brash and Sassy office has been taken over by Blowhards and Sons?

Not much has changed.

Blowhard and Sons are just another do-nothing office set. Atonal should be right at home.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

Just miss me with all this Chance Comm crap.  Billy (at least as played by JT) is nothing but smug and vile, and Victor/Adam trying to do business talk comes off like a Take your Child to Work Day stint.  Adam even gets to sit in the big boy chair!  

Three man babies hissy fighting with each other, not quite riveting TV.  Poor Lily, but then again, she's volunteering herself in this mess. 

The main thing I keep thinking about with the Kyle/Tara thing is actually how selfish Kyle is.    It's all about making sure HE gets to jump in and immediately play daddy, no matter how complicated things are going to get or how it disrupts the kid's life.  There wouldn't be anything wrong with taking things slower in getting involved with Harrison, but no, can't have that.  

At the point where I'm just cringing when I see Sally on the screen, before she even says anything.  I mean I know there are characters that never or rarely win, but wow.  It's so one sided it's almost immersion breaking.  She gets absolutely humiliated.  

Fast forwarded some shit but I think saw Victor with a rattail or something.  

Clearly I'm not supposed to think this, but I like Ashland better than all the other involved parties in that story.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, JNavarro said:

Just miss me with all this Chance Comm crap.  Billy (at least as played by JT) is nothing but smug and vile, and Victor/Adam trying to do business talk comes off like a Take your Child to Work Day stint.  Adam even gets to sit in the big boy chair!  

Three man babies hissy fighting with each other, not quite riveting TV.  Poor Lily, but then again, she's volunteering herself in this mess. 

The main thing I keep thinking about with the Kyle/Tara thing is actually how selfish Kyle is.    It's all about making sure HE gets to jump in and immediately play daddy, no matter how complicated things are going to get or how it disrupts the kid's life.  There wouldn't be anything wrong with taking things slower in getting involved with Harrison, but no, can't have that.  

At the point where I'm just cringing when I see Sally on the screen, before she even says anything.  I mean I know there are characters that never or rarely win, but wow.  It's so one sided it's almost immersion breaking.  She gets absolutely humiliated.  

Fast forwarded some shit but I think saw Victor with a rattail or something.  

Clearly I'm not supposed to think this, but I like Ashland better than all the other involved parties in that story.  

YES X 100 to everything in your most excellent of posts, JNavarro!

• Love 10

The other day I posted about Jack being a much better grandfather to Harrison than Kyle would be as Harrison’s father. Since than I find that this fact has to do mostly with Kyle’s acting ability. Jack is very comfortable and polished in his acting style so he can show much more emotion towards Harrison where Kyle seems stiff and forces his emotions as Harrison’s father.  In fact, every one of Kyle’s interactions seems forced and doesn’t flow naturally.  To me, Kyle actually can be replaced with a college drama student and we possibly would have a better more charismatic Kyle. 

In a soap operas, charisma seems to be more important than acting ability but Kyle has neither.  It’s the same for movie stars where charisma outweigh acting ability. To name a few, I don’t find Richard Gere, Kevin Costner, Nicolas Cage, Keanu Reeves, or even Tom Cruise to be the best of actors. What they all have is exiting action films to propel them into the spotlight.  Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, Denzel Washington, and Dustin Hoffman who are in action and dramatic movies have both charisma and are excellent actors.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

The other day I posted about Jack being a much better grandfather to Harrison than Kyle would be as Harrison’s father. Since than I find that this fact has to do mostly with Kyle’s acting ability. Jack is very comfortable and polished in his acting style so he can show much more emotion towards Harrison where Kyle seems stiff and forces his emotions as Harrison’s father.  In fact, every one of Kyle’s interactions seems forced and doesn’t flow naturally.  To me, Kyle actually can be replaced with a college drama student and we possibly would have a better more charismatic Kyle. 

In a soap operas, charisma seems to be more important than acting ability but Kyle has neither.  It’s the same for movie stars where charisma outweigh acting ability. To name a few, I don’t find Richard Gere, Kevin Costner, Nicolas Cage, Keanu Reeves, or even Tom Cruise to be the best of actors. What they all have is exiting action films to propel them into the spotlight.  Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, Denzel Washington, and Dustin Hoffman who are in action and dramatic movies have both charisma and are excellent actors.  

I agree with everyone you mentioned except Costner. IMO he is a great actor. PB is also a great actor. He outshines everybody on this show.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I agree with everyone you mentioned except Costner. IMO he is a great actor. PB is also a great actor. He outshines everybody on this show.

I was on the fence about Costner but he did really have some very good performances. I was thinking too much about his early stinkers like Silverado, Waterworld, Robinhood Prince of Thieves, 3000 Miles to Graceland, and the Postman. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I was on the fence about Costner but he did really have some very good performances. I was thinking too much about his early stinkers like Silverado, Waterworld, Robinhood Prince of Thieves, 3000 Miles to Graceland, and the Postman. 

Waterworld was an embarrassment. Kevin is very good in his Paramount series Yellowstone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, rcc said:

Waterworld was an embarrassment. Kevin is very good in his Paramount series Yellowstone.

Waterworld actually made money and like The Fifth Element it’s an acquired taste. Both can be considered a cult film that have followers until this day. 

PB mostly outshines everyone maybe except for CG and EB. As a younger Victor, EB was very smooth but as an older Victor, who sometimes phones it in, Victor still has his moments. Which brings us to CG as Mariah. CG doesn’t get the airtime she deserves because she outshine the TIIC pets, such as Sharon, Foghorn, Summer, Chelsea, Chloe, Olive Oyl, and Elena. With the limited airtime Mariah gets with Tessa, you could think that they are an actual real life couple.  Very smooth and very charismatic.  

ETA:  I’m not ashamed to say that I’m a fanboy of both films and watch them every time they are on. I actually went to the movie theater when The Fifth Eliminated had a special limited showing.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Waterworld actually made money and like The Fifth Element it’s an acquired taste. Both can be considered a cult film that have followers until this day. 

PB mostly outshines everyone maybe except for CG and EB. As a younger Victor, EB was very smooth but as an older Victor, who sometimes phones it in, Victor still has his moments. Which brings us to CG as Mariah. CG doesn’t get the airtime she deserves because she outshine the TIIC pets, such as Sharon, Foghorn, Summer, Chelsea, Chloe, Olive Oyl, and Elena. With the limited airtime Mariah gets with Tessa, you could think that they are an actual real life couple.  Very smooth and very charismatic.  

Yes EB phones it in now but he was very good on this show.

• Love 7

Costner wasn't in The Fifth Element. Were you thinking maybe of Bruce Willis?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

The assessment of the "Kyle" actor is spot on; as I have said before, he would make an excellent lead as one of the pretty, sexless Ken Doll male actors they have in the Hallmark movies.  This version of Kyle is not worthy to be Jack's son and heir.  He would, however, make an excellent partner for Elena.

I read somewhere about actors and the "pretty/handsome" factor.  I think the phrase used for the ones who have charisma was "they can hold the screen" ... and crazy as it sounds, Victor can do that a times.  He is phoning it in these days (I am his age and I get it); but when he decides to be old-school villain he is still pretty good.  I so hope he unleashes the villainy onto Billy.  "Billy Boy" Who, by the way, looked terrible the other day.  I don't know if it was too much real sun, too much bronzer, too much blush on the apple cheeks...but it was off-putting.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Costner wasn't in The Fifth Element. Were you thinking maybe of Bruce Willis?

I didn’t mean that Costner was in The Fifth Element, I was just comparing the two very off beat movies with major star power. Throw in Dr. Strangelove and you get the trifecta of off beat movies with major star power. 

Best movie quotes:

Dr Strangelove - Gentlemen, you can’t fight here. This is the war room

The Fifth Element - Leeloo Dallas mul-ti- pass.  Mul-ti-pass  

Waterworld - He doesn’t have a name so death can’t find him. 

• Love 3

Ohthankgoodness that annoying, odd actress filling in for MM is finally gone. I felt like she was spoofing her part the entire time I endured her scenes. Such odd facial expressions, exaggeratedly slow calculated wooden reactions and a ridiculous way of walking. She was spoofing, right? 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

The assessment of the "Kyle" actor is spot on; as I have said before, he would make an excellent lead as one of the pretty, sexless Ken Doll male actors they have in the Hallmark movies.  This version of Kyle is not worthy to be Jack's son and heir.  He would, however, make an excellent partner for Elena.

I read somewhere about actors and the "pretty/handsome" factor.  I think the phrase used for the ones who have charisma was "they can hold the screen" ... and crazy as it sounds, Victor can do that a times.  He is phoning it in these days (I am his age and I get it); but when he decides to be old-school villain he is still pretty good.  I so hope he unleashes the villainy onto Billy.  "Billy Boy" Who, by the way, looked terrible the other day.  I don't know if it was too much real sun, too much bronzer, too much blush on the apple cheeks...but it was off-putting.  

He often looks like he's confused his aftershave with a high gloss shellac.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

a ridiculous way of walking

The actress is pregnant--due during the summer--and the show seemed to be trying to hide it. That may be the cause of the odd walking. She didn't do that when she was on B&B. The other stuff like her facial expressions and her way of speaking is her style. She was successful on B&B for years with that style so Y&R knew going in what they were getting. It didn't bother me but then I guess I was used to it.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The actress is pregnant--due during the summer--and the show seemed to be trying to hide it. That may be the cause of the odd walking. She didn't do that when she was on B&B. The other stuff like her facial expressions and her way of speaking is her style. She was successful on B&B for years with that style so Y&R knew going in what they were getting. It didn't bother me but then I guess I was used to it.

I liked her and the way she presented herself.  I'd never seen her before but I enjoyed her stepping into the role.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, boes said:

I liked her and the way she presented herself.  I'd never seen her before but I enjoyed her stepping into the role.

It’s funny but I DID watch her on Bold and she was just “meh” to me...

...but when she filled in for MM, I was transfixed...I loved her style ...and feel she brought more warmth and depth to Amanda....sorry to see her go...

• Love 15

The assessment of the "Kyle" actor is spot on; as I have said before, he would make an excellent lead as one of the pretty, sexless Ken Doll male actors they have in the Hallmark movies.

He would. My DH watches a lot of Hallmark (Christmas in July? *shudder*) and he looks just like all the other castrati on that channel. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, SiouxB said:

...but when she filled in for MM, I was transfixed...I loved her style ...and feel she brought more warmth and depth to Amanda....sorry to see her go...

I felt the same way. Part of the problem on B&B was that they changed her story so much as she stayed on the show.

And they made her Forrester's lead model and even though she's very pretty she never seemed like a lead model. But here as Amanda she brought new life to a character that just seems like yet another transformation of Hilary, who was all over the map. Also, she looks very healthy and MM has been looking too thin and unhealthy for a long time.

I have to say, I did start to get into the story about The Murder Mystery About Strangers in Their Past when KM was Amanda. She really was a breath of fresh air and very dynamic. But now I'm back to having no interest. I figure they're going to keep Imani (is it?) to bounce back and forth between Little Nate and Darvon and write out the rest of them fairly soon, after they make the story even duller and less interesting and make it all about Victor.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I felt the same way. Part of the problem on B&B was that they changed her story so much as she stayed on the show.

And they made her Forrester's lead model and even though she's very pretty she never seemed like a lead model. But here as Amanda she brought new life to a character that just seems like yet another transformation of Hilary, who was all over the map. Also, she looks very healthy and MM has been looking too thin and unhealthy for a long time.

I have to say, I did start to get into the story about The Murder Mystery About Strangers in Their Past when KM was Amanda. She really was a breath of fresh air and very dynamic. But now I'm back to having no interest. I figure they're going to keep Imani (is it?) to bounce back and forth between Little Nate and Darvon and write out the rest of them fairly soon, after they make the story even duller and less interesting and make it all about Victor.

This is the way I feel about 99% of the SL's right now. When are Mariah and Tessa going to get a major SL? 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

8 hours ago, boes said:

8 hours ago, SiouxB said:

2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Oh, okay, pregnant. I will give her a pass on the odd walking then. And I am open to my just not liking her as Amanda. I think she is odd but she could work as another character. 

• Love 6

The separation papers aren’t even signed and Ashland is working on Olive Oyl’s “spreadsheet”.  If I was Kyle and Jack, I would dig into Ashland’s “affairs”.  He’s definitely a womanizer.  Ashland and Olive commiserating over loves lost is quite exhilarating, NOT. Prelude to a kiss or kisses?  What has Kyle done to her that she seems to be condoning for Ashland to take full custody of Harrison. 

Summer thinks everyone is a stupid as she is and can pull the wool over Abby’s and Nina’s eyes. WRONG!  They saw right threw you because when they look at you, they see that your head is empty. 

And there you have Tara’s real intent. I think she’s only worried about loosing Harrison because Ashland would turn her into a bag lady. I still say that any agreement between Ashland and Tara cannot exclude Kyle from his legal right to be Harrison’s father and see him.  Maybe Ashland is right and Tara is a gold digger.  Is Tara now going after Jack?  

I’m conflicted. Ashland is this kick ass father but yet it seems he’s almost never around.  It seems that Ashland is basically a absentee husband and father but he thinks that a few moments of his precious time is enough for Tara and Harrison. 

Nostrils is a real prick and he doesn’t even need a turtleneck to prove it.  Lily are you that clueless where you possibly can think that Nostrils will drop this?  

There is a method to Summer’s madness. Now that Tara is getting divorced she’s worried that Tara would go after Kyle so she planted a flag in his ass by pushing for a wedding. 

Today’s PSA:  Love Conkers All!   

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Screw that SOB Billy.  Didn’t he learn how he destroyed Faith’s life with his horrible reporting, and now he will go after a younger child?  Lily, get your security deposit back or cancel the mortgage on that tacky apartment and then kick that asswipe to the curb.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
25 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Screw that SOB Billy.  Didn’t he learn how he destroyed Faith’s life with his horrible reporting, and now he will go after a younger child?  Lily, get your security deposit back or cancel the mortgage on that tacky apartment and then kick that asswipe to the curb.

If he goes ahead with it and she doesn't dump him, I'm done with her forever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Having a root canal would be less excruciating than watching baby-faced, pasty Kyle read (more than once) that bedtime story to little what’s-his-name.

Please...let Victor and Ashland bring Billy down; throw in Kyle, just because.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 11

I don’t know why but that last scene with Summer actually made me feel sorry for her. 🎼You made me sad for you, I didn’t want to do it, I didn’t want to do it. You made me do it 🎼.  I came to realize that Summer never stood a chance from being an entitled self righteousness spoiled brat from the get go. Look at Summer’s parents and roll models, Banana Breath and Foghorn for the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Having a root canal would be less excruciating than watching baby-faced, pasty Kyle read (more than once) that bedtime story to little what’s-his-name.

Oh. for the love of pete..      It's Halliburton...... or Hershal --  it's one of those! .... or Herringbone. That's it,  Hellzapopin!......or 

• LOL 14
1 minute ago, bc1795 said:

Oh. for the love of pete..      It's Halliburton...... or Hershal --  it's one of those! .... or Herringbone. That's it,  Hellzapopin!......or 

Now, what’s in vogue is Harrison Has Two Daddy’s, Well, Maybe. Kinda. Sorta. And Even Two Mommies. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow, when was the last time we saw Victoria on a date? And with someone on her level professionally, socially, and financially? 🤔

I like the lighting in Lily and Billy's new place. It's very bright.

Loved Victoria's little smirk when Ashland started going all emo about how he bleeds like everyone else. Bleh, this ain't Shakespeare, buddy. Toughen up.

Heh, did Lily and Billy steal their gigantic wine goblets from Society or do they happen to shop at the same place Abby does for glassware?

Stop being overdramatic, Tara. If adultery was enough to deem someone a bad mother, women would be losing custody of their kids left and right.

Wonder what this horrible thing is Tara did that neither she nor Ashland dare speak of? Bet Kyle's going to get caught unawares at the worst possible time.

Billy, instead of trying to put your finger on the Locke mystery, how about you stick it up your bunghole and do a 360° spin? No lube. 😒

Aw Jack. You let Tenacious B get to you. You're the last person who should be trying to handle Billy with kid gloves. 😕

Harrison has his own bedroom set. It pays to be a brand new Abbott, huh? Whatever, would a kid his age really be comfortable in a bed that big with all the poofy pillows and stuff?

Summer finally took that dress off. Saints be praised!

Pshht, is it unusual for a kid to like mac 'n' cheese? I'm thinking that's not in Kyle and Harrison's genes at all and is a simple coincidence. Or it's something Tara learned when she was cheating with Kyle and she coached little Harrison accordingly.

If this was back in the day, we'd next see Summer popping out her birth control pills and flushing them down the sink. Because just what Kyle needs is another child to distract him. 😑

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

The separation papers aren’t even signed and Ashland is working on Olive Oyl’s “spreadsheet”.  If I was Kyle and Jack, I would dig into Ashland’s “affairs”.  He’s definitely a womanizer.  Ashland and Olive commiserating over loves lost is quite exhilarating, NOT. Prelude to a kiss or kisses?  What has Kyle done to her that she seems to be condoning for Ashland to take full custody of Harrison.    

Other than a few phone calls to lawyers, the only thing on paper is the marriage pre-nup between Locke-ness and Tara, and a New York State court order to produce Locke Jr to Locke-ness.

Tara tells Kyle her worst fears being separated and divorced to Locke-ness is losing Locke Jr., and Kyle envisions that worst case scenario, then ups the ante with roof, emotional support, protection of a powerful and wealthy family, job at JVC (that should make Dumber ecstatic), emotional and financial support.

There's nothing Kyle won't do for Tara and Locke Jr as long as Tara is telling Kyle what she wants him to hear.

There is no evidence Locke-ness is a womanizer or cheated on Tara during their marriage. He is written as an ambitious man with single-minded business and family objectives. Tara not so much and has admitted to cheating on her husband with Kyle Abbott, and Locke Jr. is the product of that affair.

Summer thinks everyone is as stupid as she is and can pull the wool over Abby’s and Nina’s eyes. WRONG!  They saw right threw you because when they look at you, they see that your head is empty.

Aren't they? Then why didn't they call her out?

Abby having to meet with Dumber to tell her to not let Tara/Locke Jr get in the way of her marriage to Kyle should have been said before. But this is TIIC preamble to Abby yacking to Chance to that Love Conkers All And We Are The Lucky Few.

<Bromo Seltzer to the rescue!>

And there you have Tara's real intent, I think she’s only worried about loosing Harrison because Ashland would turn her into a bag lady. I still say that any agreement between Ashland and Tara cannot exclude Kyle from his legal right to be Harrison’s father and see him.  Maybe Ashland is right and Tara is a gold digger.  Is Tara now going after Jack?  

Of course.

Her company is in debt, she's broke, waiting for Locke-ness to cancel all her credit cards, and she ends up at the Abbott Mansion, with Kyle, Jack, with the silent and unseen Mrs. Martinez waiting on her/Locke Jr. hand and foot.

The Abbott's are all in protecting and defending Tara/Locke Jr, and are begging to write checks.

I’m conflicted. Ashland is this kick ass father but yet it seems he’s almost never around.  It seems that Ashland is basically a absentee husband and father but he thinks that a few moments of his precious time is enough for Tara and Harrison. 

I'm already at the This Skank is Shady as Hell table, so here we go with the Patrón shooters ...  I don't trust one syllable out of Tara's mouth. 

We've been told by Tara Locke-ness was the absentee husband and father. She says he treated her like a possession, a Bird in a Gilded Cage, but was never around because he was chasing his business ambitions, and not attentive to her or Locke Jr -- And that is a change in her story, since earlier she said Locke-ness was a loving and attentive father.

Locke-ness' assumed malevolence is being inflated daily by Tara, but we are seeing the same man demanding his parental rights from his cheating wife.

Sure, Locke-ness has control of the money, his name is on the birth certificate and plans a DNA test of his own. but has remained direct and to the point with Tara and her annoying boytoy Fuck Buddy. No social workers storming the Abbott Mansion. No subpoenas to appear before a family court judge. Locke made his offer clear; Tara and he will have joint custody post-divorce without Kyle.  

Unreasonable maybe, but Locke-ness hasn't had his DNA test conducted yet, and his lawyers want their own paternity confirmation. 

Nostrils is a real prick and he doesn’t even need a turtleneck to prove it.  Lily are you that clueless where you possibly can think that Nostrils will drop this? 

NotBilly doesn't care who gets hurt by his Truth Telling dot Com aspirations; he wants to get ahead of Newman Media and strike out at Locke-ness for not selling Xerox-eries to him.

Faith was ground up in his media gears so he could damage Atonal, and Kyle/Tara/Locke-ness/Locke Jr is going to get the same treatment. 

Lily won't be able to stop NotBilly from publishing the Locke-ness story.

The only good to come out of this might be Lily will finally realize NotBilly will lie to her face, do whatever he wants, then ask for forgiveness rather than act with compassion and journalistic ethics.

There is a method to Summer’s madness. Now that Tara is getting divorced she’s worried that Tara would go after Kyle so she planted a flag in his ass by pushing for a wedding. 

Dumber has good reason to press ahead with a courthouse marriage to Kyle, while Tara is circling. It's foolhardy, but makes sense to Dumber. Kyle will remain torn between Locke Jr and Dumber's insecurities that she can't compete with Locke Jr and his devious mother. And Dumber would be right; she can't challenge Kyle loyalty to Locke Jr/Tara without ending up the loser. 

Today’s PSA:  Love Conkers All! 

giphy.gif

Yup.

That's what we're afraid of.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, bc1795 said:

Hausenpfeffer!  When you read a picture book to a small child, aren't you supposed to, you know, show them the pictures?

On 6/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, SweePea59 said:

On 6/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, peacheslatour said:

This is the way I feel about 99% of the SL's right now. When are Mariah and Tessa going to get a major SL? 

Mariah and Tessa's big story is a page ripped out if The Handmaid's Tale, with Nina guest-starring as Aunt Lydia.  It is kind of hard to care about anything that's happening right now.  I'm more emotionally invested in the new season of Meerkat Manor.  Not kidding.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)

There are so many things I want to say about Kyle reading lil' Hausenpfeffer (Thanks Snaporaz!) a book called Daddy and Me - so very very VERY many, but this being a family oriented message board I will refrain. I promise.

giphy.gif

Oops!  How did that get in there??

ButtBiscuit has two settings - asleep and prick.  This isn't the first time and it won't be the last that this total asshole treats Jack with utter contempt.  It probably won't be the last time too many people excuse him again, too.  If he fucks things up for Jack and lil' Hausenpheffer I hope Noah returns STAT to practice his parking - on his head.  That's a scene I could watch over and over again.

If Lily lets this go then as Peacheslatour said, I'm done with her too.

I love Abby but I don't love her for any discernible reason.  I certainly don't love her because she gives good advice.  So of course that's the advice Dummer takes.  But since I really don't like Dummer I hope she runs with it - right into a brick wall.

I do think she's really letting Tara Locke get to her, though and 

giphy.gif

it's starting to show.

Wherever they get married I hope they do a reading from Daddy and Me.  I'm just sentimental that way.

Warning - Unpopular Opinion ahead.  

I like Victoria and Ashland together.  Their scenes were some of the best I've seen Victoria get in ages and while those two aren't lighting the screen on fire they're interesting together IMO.  I thought Ashland came off fairly well in those scenes.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
53 minutes ago, boes said:

I love Abby but I don't love her for any discernible reason.  I certainly don't love her because she gives good advice.  So of course that's the advice Dummer takes.  But since I really don't like Dummer I hope she runs with it - right into a brick wall.

This is exactly how I feel about Abby.  She's usually doing something annoying or stupid, but I can't help but like her.  NGL, it might just be Melissa Ordway.  

I have a thing with soaps where they write characters in a specific light over and over again, *specifically* exhibiting certain behavior, and somehow expect the audience to treat the character otherwise. 

Like ButtBiscuit.  I mean, Billy is a monster.   He's not some charming rogue with a good heart.   He's a smug, utterly selfish person that can barely manage to keep up even a caricature of decency.  Look at Lily, and look at this clown.  The clock is really ticking on her getting the hell out of there before she's ruined in association.

Summer, it's not working out.  You stole this convex block of hair masquerading as a man from his perfectly nice and kind wife, you know he's not exactly steadfast in his loyalty and attention.  His new thing is clearly forcing his new "daddy" role whether it's healthy for the kid or not.  I might have some use for her if she went her own way, but...who am I kidding.  She's gonna marry Kyle, something's going to happen to Tara, and the kid is gonna get de facto raised by Victor.  

He's not wrong, and I get it, but...Jack somehow has babies rabies, and I'm just annoyed by something about it.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

Warning - Unpopular Opinion ahead.  

I like Victoria and Ashland together.  Their scenes were some of the best I've seen Victoria get in ages and while those two aren't lighting the screen on fire they're interesting together IMO.  I thought Ashland came off fairly well in those scenes.

Not unpopular with me, though I'm not entirely convinced that Victoria is involved with Locke-ness exclusively for personal reasons. It's possible that Vicky's schmoozing Locke-ness to reverse his Xerox-eries deal with Victor and Atonal; Locke-ness is on the board and can charge Victor with fraud by forcing Locke-ness to sign the sales contract in the throws of a heart attack.

Victoria can count on NotBilly to continue to annoy Locke-ness; NotBilly stopped being competition the second he opened his mouth to insert his other foot.

Being a sounding board for Locke-ness may be Victoria's sweet spot to advance her business ambitions, and take the wind out of Newman Media sails. Locke-ness could assign Victoria his Newman Media board seat as his proxy.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Being a sounding board for Locke-ness may be Victoria's sweet spot to advance her business ambitions, and take the wind out of Newman Media sails. Locke-ness could assign her his board seat as his proxy.

Victor is not going to like this at all.

image.png.f2b0eb1aa0b272b275943d2286ff2b21.png

• LOL 13
(edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, peacheslatour said:

I thought it was awfully suspicious that Sally was going on and on about how she would do anything to get that job at the big fashion house to Dummer of all people. What's her end game here?

55 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

Summer, it's not working out.  You stole this convex block of hair masquerading as a man from his perfectly nice and kind wife, you know he's not exactly steadfast in his loyalty and attention.  His new thing is clearly forcing his new "daddy" role whether it's healthy for the kid or not.  I might have some use for her if she went her own way, but...who am I kidding.  She's gonna marry Kyle, something's going to happen to Tara, and the kid is gonna get de facto raised by Victor.   

Dumber is a self-serving, vacillating slag, and sharing Kyle's affections with the Locke Jr/Tara combination plate might be more than she can tolerate. It would a different matter if it was Dumber and Kyle's child; Dumber would be Tiger Mom Summa Cum Laude for a child she conceived with Kyle.

Sally knows Dumber is in turmoil over Locke Jr. Talking about the job with Dumber is 1) to let Dumber know there's this fabulous job available, 2) let her know Sally desperately wants the job, and 3) gives Dumber a convenient exit from her failed engagement by giving her the upside of taking a much wanted job from Sally. Dumber quits JVC and takes the attractive job, and Sally slides into Dumb's JVC position, or so Sally hopes the situation might pan out.

He's not wrong, and I get it, but...Jack somehow has babies rabies, and I'm just annoyed by something about it. 

Jack got possessive, weird and rabies-frothing when Dumber's paternity was in question too. The constant conversations about Dumber being his daughter got on my nerves.

When the testing determined Dumb was Nick's spawn, Jack was crushed. I don't want to see that again.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

Kyle's one and only "fatherly" facial expression is that gag-worthy forehead crinkle and lopsided smile that are presumably supposed to say "my boy is sooo precious".  Blech!

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

So, I have suspected from the beginning that Tara has nefarious intentions.

• I assumed that Kyle is not Harrison's father and that she doctored the DNA tests (we saw her personally administering them with jokey weird antics).
  • I believed that her plan was to leave Locke and find another wealthy family /husband to shore her up. She targetted Kyle and the Abbotts.
  • If the pre-nup says she gets nothing if she divorces Locke, this makes sense in this scenario. She has found her cash cow and a new baby daddy.

I am going to spoiler tag the rest because some of this  may have been on the CDN episode.

Spoiler

Locke is now forcing Tara to choose; she can retain joint custody but Kyle can have no access. This is stupid because Kyle now has rights but she is implying she will concede because Locke will leave her broke and in debt. Wait, now it's about money?

So, it appears her agenda all along has been to suck Kyle in and get him to marry her--just as Dummer fears? It has to be. Otherwise, why would she ever have told Kyle he is the father. She had everything to lose by telling him that and especially telling him he had to publicly state it.

It's so difficult because the Tara actress is so bad,  I cannot tell if she is being devious, insincere or is just in a walking coma.

• Love 17

I’m really hoping Tara and Ashland are running an elaborate scam on the Abbotts and Newman’s. Not because I dislike the Abbots, I love Jack and hope he would come out on top. But because it’s the only way this Tara character makes any sense the way she is being played. I get not one ounce of sincerity  from her. And Ashland coming up to Victoria over being a non-biological parent who loves their child could be part of the plan to take over GC -although lord knows why they would want to be the leading citizens of Podunk.

Speaking of Podunk, how expensive is the real estate in this small mid-western city? Billy and Lily’s tiny apartment seems like something two new college grads should be renting!  That set is claustrophobic. Two corporate big-wigs with 4 kids between them (Sam is with Cane, right? I forget what even happened with those two)- you would think they could spring for a house.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

I’m really hoping Tara and Ashland are running an elaborate scam on the Abbotts and Newman’s.

Yep. Pretty sure I theorized at one point that Tara and Ashland were going to use Harrison's newly-revealed paternity to try to take over Jabot. But after crawling through my old posts I'm not sure I actually said it out loud. Whatever, watch out if Jack or Kyle gifts Harrison some Jabot stock.

I believed that her plan was to leave Locke and find another wealthy family /husband to shore her up. She targetted Kyle and the Abbotts.

Yes, it does seem like she's using Kyle as a backup plan. The question is how long she's had this plan in play.

Thing is though, I don't think the Abbotts are nearly as wealthy as the Lockes. It was specifically mentioned that the Lockes have estates on six of seven continents. I don't think even the Newmans have that. But perhaps Jabot and NE are worth way more than Ashland's business empire and he just has them beat on the real estate front.

So, I think Tara is in for a lifestyle step-down if she takes up with the Abbotts. All she's got now is a room in their family mansion. Plus there are a lot of them and the wealth would seem to be more diluted. Kyle doesn't strike me as being particularly cash rich at all. Maybe Tara needs to be going after Jack and the benefits that would accrue to her as the wife of the Abbott patriarch.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

But perhaps Jabot and NE are worth way more than Ashland's business empire and he just has them beat on the real estate front.

Perhaps that's why Ash had to sell one of his business's. He may be parting out his holdings all over the world because he's broke.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

Of course Banana Breath make their usual scowls when they hear that the wedding is back on.  These Negative Nelly’s can’t actually be happy for anyone or anything.  They maybe right about the marriage but they are adults and can make their own decisions.  I don’t want to sound rude but I have to comment that Foghorn’s mouth is large enough to bite into that giant pastry and not break off a piece. Maybe that was Foghorn’s way of keeping her mouth closed and to help her to bite her tongue. As we see, it didn’t work.  Finally they seem to reluctantly agree after giving their hypocritical advise. 

Now I’m even more than pissed. Instead of giving Mariah and Tessa more quality airtime, they bring in Imani to pair up with Nate. Imani and Nate are even more boring than Elena and Nate.  

At least Tara recognize that private phone conversations in a public area is not a wise thing to do. From the best of my recollection, prenuptial agreements don’t take place until the divorce is finalized. Ashland can cancel credit cards and refuse to pay the nanny but he didn’t need the prenuptial to do that. If Tara was that fantastic of a mother, than why does she need a nanny at all to watch over Harrison?  Even though Tara is still wearing a white blouse, she looks a lot better today. And there you have why Mariah is so valuable in GC. In Mariah’s brief conversation with Tara, Mariah actually raised Tara’s acting ability.  Mariah’s eyes said it all when she put Tara on notice.  Why is Mariah sticking up for Summer aka snowflake?  I guess it’s because Mariah is a good friend to Kyle and if Summer is good enough for Kyle, that’s all that matters. 

Come on Amanda. Wake up an smell the coffee and not Sutton’s farts. The is more circumstantial evidence that Richard was killed to keep him from finding his daughter than to cover up a bribe. Correct me if I’m wrong but with all those records that were kept by the foster parents, Amanda hasn’t be named specifically as the foster child.  Wasn’t Amanda, Amanda then?  

Has Adam really changed with not going after Nostrils or will one more Nostrils attack make Adam change his mind?  For right now, Adam is going on the premise that Nostrils will blow himself up which is the more likely prospect. 

Call me old fashion but even though Harrison is only three I find it very inappropriate for Summer meeting Harrison for the first time with her tits hanging out of her dress. Is Summer that vapid where she can only give Harrison a toy from the Dollar Store or maybe she took it from Christian?  

Baltimore? Why Baltimore? It seams very random. From a small city hospital and clinic to a very taxing emergency room environment in a big city.  An attending physician is in more of a supervisory roll than a hands on roll which seems to me to be more of a step back than a step up for Elena.  Elena to Baltimore and Lola to Miami. Goodbye!  You were the weakest link!

Is Tara really in love with Kyle?  If she is, will she let Kyle know and make a final play for him?  Tara or Summer?  The winner is actually the looser. 

• Love 7

Is Tara really in love with Kyle?  If she is, will she let Kyle know and make a final play for him?  Tara or Summer?  The winner is actually the looser. 

Tara is in love with the Abbott family fortune.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Ehh, I feel like it's kind of rude to ask someone what their name means. What does "Nate" mean, Nate? Whatever, Imani really likes him, huh? Look at her cheesin' and acting all giddy. Meanwhile, Nate seemed like he thinks she's a little too friendly.

When he was talking to Victoria, Billy sounded to me like he had backed away from the Locke story. Lily must've laid down the law to him hard last night. In bed.

Adam's worried about looking petty and vindictive? What world is this? Victor was staring at him like, "Now you want to clean up your act? NOW? After I spent all this money buying that damn company?!"

Speaking of cheesin' and acting giddy--lowkey, anyway--Miss Victoria is getting that feeling for Ashland. The kind Marvin Gaye sang about. 😉 Too bad Locke called while she was with Billy because Billy gets provoked easily and he's already been chomping at the bit as far as that guy is concerned.

Heh, Elena shows up and suddenly everyone's got an appointment elsewhere. 😏

Wouldn't Harrison's nanny expenses fall under the child support umbrella? I didn't think prenups could include denying child support. Besides, if Tara is so broke how is she paying her divorce lawyer?

Mariah zeroed right in on Tara, with a laser sight. Tara wasn't ready for that. You could see her quickly trying to calculate how to handle Mariah.

Whee, Harrison looking at Summer all suspicious like, "Yeah, my mommy warned me about you." Poor kid. This might be like when Jack first introduced Phyllis to a preteen Kyle. For some reason she thought the right approach was to shove her floppy cleavage in his face. 🤨

Oh dear, Imani got an anxious look at all those boxes Amanda had from the PI. Bet those boxes are going disappear soon and Amanda will be left wondering how and why.

Elena, don't tease us. Just let us know when to throw your going away party, m'kay? 🥳

Paternity acknowledgement form. Is that really a thing? Legally Harrison already has a father so how does that work? And what if Ashland's separate test comes up with different results? 🤔

• Love 7