Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Why are all of these supposedly wealthy, accomplished, professional people living in a hotel room with a tiny living room attached? REALLY Y&R?????

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Paternity acknowledgement form. Is that really a thing? Legally Harrison already has a father so how does that work? And what if Ashland's separate test comes up with different results? 🤔

I do believe that the paternity acknowledgement form is a real document in Wisconsin.  At this point, Locke is Harrison’s legal father; but by filing this paperwork, he could probably use that as part of a case to have himself declared Harrison’s legal father.  IRL, I believe that this would all have to take place in NY since that’s where Locke and Tara live(d).

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

We’re so used to suspending disbelief on soaps we forget how ludicrous they are.

I was watching Jack and Banana Breath discussing their children’s wedding. Jack was once Bananas stepfather! And now they are going to be in-laws. 

Soaps are fun but so idiotic.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Baltimore? Why Baltimore? It seams very random. From a small city hospital and clinic to a very taxing emergency room environment in a big city.  An attending physician is in more of a supervisory roll than a hands on roll which seems to me to be more of a step back than a step up for Elena.  Elena to Baltimore and Lola to Miami. Goodbye!  You were the weakest link!

If she's going to Johns Hopkins, it is one of the top three hospitals in the US, a big step up from the GC Walk-In clinic.  I hope she has some experience with gunshot and knife wounds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, drtslim said:

I do believe that the paternity acknowledgement form is a real document in Wisconsin.  At this point, Locke is Harrison’s legal father; but by filing this paperwork, he could probably use that as part of a case to have himself declared Harrison’s legal father.  IRL, I believe that this would all have to take place in NY since that’s where Locke and Tara live(d).

It is a real document. TIIC use of the paternity acknowledgment form is completely out of context. Paternity acknowledgment form is for unmarried people where the father acknowledges that the child is his and takes responsibility for the support of the child. Both parents have to sign the form and the father can than be named on the child’s birth certificate.  TIIC are just trying to make it sound like Kyle did a noble thing to declare Harrison his son. In looking into the Harrison/Kyle dynamic further, Kyle can be cut out of Harrison’s life, in some states, if Ashland and Tara remain married. If Ashland and Tara divorce, than Kyle can petition the court for parental rights of Harrison.  If the court so orders, Ashland can’t make Tara cut Kyle out of Harrison’s life. I’m quite sure TIIC, would know or give a shit about what’s legal and what is not legal. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Paternity acknowledgement form. Is that really a thing? 

It sounds like a piece of paper that would require a large cheque to cover 3+ years of back child support and a huge amount going forward, and at least half of his medical & schooling costs until H-man finishes his bachelor's degree 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

If she's going to Johns Hopkins, it is one of the top three hospitals in the US, a big step up from the GC Walk-In clinic.  I hope she has some experience with gunshot and knife wounds.

Yes, JH is a fantastic hospital but I can’t believe that TIIC actually knows that JH is in Baltimore 😜

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

When Foghorn speaking about Adam to Banana Breath, all that I can think of was the pot calling the kettle black.  Foghorn can’t smell her own farts because Foghorn does fart ever 😜

I’m conflicted once again in deciding who to root for. Tara or Summer. Do I feel sorry for Summer once again because Tara gave Summer the stink eye which confirms they are really adversaries or at least frenemies.  Talk about frenemies and you get Sally and Tara.  About Sally’s plan, Tara says no but her eyes say yes yes yes. 

Speaking of stink eyes, Nikki is pretty good at that also; but I don’t expect anything less from Nikki because she considers Adam an interloper and a threat to her children’s heritage. 

Can you imagine two top executives ignoring work and still getting paid to handle personal issues but Lauren and Jack think it’s perfectly ok.  

Maybe there is no specific evidence that Ashland is a womanizer but his flirting with Olive Oly is very telling. I would bet my last dollar that Ashland has more than a few fond memories of rollicking between silk sheets at 5* resorts.  On a personal note, covering for men like Ashland, was in my “job description”. 

When Nikki threatens be afraid be very afraid but as with Foghorn, Nikki is calling the kettle black. 

The second honeymoon is all about Rey if it wasn’t that, than why would they be going to Miami. Visiting family is no honeymoon, it’s a vacation. 

Wow!  Tara is Jewish. I heard her tell Sally that she has chutzpah which is the Yiddish word for nerve 😉. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Yes, JH is a fantastic hospital but I can’t believe that TIIC actually knows that JH is in Baltimore 😜

It's more likely that the job Elena was offered is at Papa John's , not Johns Hopkins.

giphy.gif

(Elena finds the new man of her dreams - and he's covered in parmesan!)

• LOL 19
  • Love 4

Nicki being a snobby bitch to Adam today...this, from a former stripper!  Looking down her nose, literally.

And then there was Sally's "outfit" or whatever it was.  The actress is gorgeous....but that top?  The way it was cut at the shoulders was terrible; I could not look away from the size of her shoulders...they took up so much screen!

This is not a reflection on the appearance of the actress....she is by no means built like a linebacker; her figure is enviable.  But the top, along with some sort of hideous, triangular bandanna/necklace hanging down was a tragic fashion mistake.  The color was good, though.  Lapping from my saucer of cream.

I actually liked Adam today...hope he can stay away from Sharon.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Nicki being a snobby bitch to Adam today...this, from a former stripper!  Looking down her nose, literally.

And then there was Sally's "outfit" or whatever it was.  The actress is gorgeous....but that top?  The way it was cut at the shoulders was terrible; I could not look away from the size of her shoulders...they took up so much screen!

This is not a reflection on the appearance of the actress....she is by no means built like a linebacker; her figure is enviable.  But the top, along with some sort of hideous, triangular bandanna/necklace hanging down was a tragic fashion mistake.  The color was good, though.  Lapping from my saucer of cream.

You want to see awful soap opera fashion choices, stick around for The Bold and the Beautiful, any episode. It's a real tragedy going on over there...

Edited by TVForever
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)

If you haven't done so already, I invite you to drop into the Who Has to STFH? thread where the final round is currently running. The last two characters standing are Jack and Mariah, and the fate of Genoa City will be in the winner's hands.

Get on over there and vote!

It sounds like a piece of paper that would require a large cheque to cover 3+ years of back child support and a huge amount going forward, and at least half of his medical & schooling costs until H-man finishes his bachelor's degree  

Oh yeah, Tara is going to make sure she gets paid, even if it's via her kid. I'll be curious to see if Kyle can cover all those expenses because I've never gotten the impression that he's personally wealthy in the "eff you money" sense. Maybe he'll get a pay increase on his co-CEO salary, ha ha.

Meanwhile, of course proud grandpa Jack is going to set Harrison up with a trust fund. He might want to make sure it can't be touched until Harrison is 25-30 years old though.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
tmw you get mansplained over someone else's post.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 6/8/2021 at 2:05 AM, bannana said:

So, I have suspected from the beginning that Tara has nefarious intentions.

• I assumed that Kyle is not Harrison's father and that she doctored the DNA tests (we saw her personally administering them with jokey weird antics).

There's shenanigans being played all over the DNA gathering and profile... Not that we have any way to know the actual lab results from the DNA test and Tara isn't being tested (the assumption being Tara is the biological mother)  but, Tara likely picked up a glass Jack used and swabbed it herself, then switched Kyle's swab when she was distracting Locke Jr. to cooperate with the testing.

Locke Jr is Theo's child. Theo and Jack are related through Dina as their common descendent. The DNA profile, without seeing the bio-statistical evaluation of Locke Jr's test or it's interpretation, could connect Jr. to Jack.

• I believed that her plan was to leave Locke and find another wealthy family /husband to shore her up. She targetted Kyle and the Abbotts.

Which makes no sense. Tara could have given Kyle and all things Abbott the cold shoulder when she was first in Genoa City. She never had to say another word to Kyle, except "Hello" when introduced. Instead she acts twitchy and weird enough to be noticed by Locke-ness. She lies about not knowing Kyle, but wasn't convincing. Kyle pursued Tara to talk about Locke Jr, because Theo made a point of breaking the paternity news to pluck at Kyle's past as a son not raised with his biological father for complicated maternal reasons. If it was true Locke Jr was his son, Kyle didn't want him to grow up the same way he had. Kyle had to find out the truth about Locke Jr's paternity.

Other than to stir the pot, what was the point of Theo saying anything about Locke Jr's possible paternity? It had to be more than Theo gloating all the way back to Paris that he dropped a bomb on Kyle's perfect future with Dumber and Jabot. Theo wanted much more of Dina's estate than a breakaway division, no extra cash, no stupid emerald gifting (very bad manners on Jack's part), and cut off from Abbott/Jabot support.  

Theo launched Tara/Locke Jr at his moronic family, knowing they would fall all over themselves embracing the boy and bereft Tara, all to fleece the Abbott bank. 

• If the pre-nup says she gets nothing if she divorces Locke, this makes sense in this scenario. She has found her cash cow and a new baby daddy.

It's just one more thing to clinch the deal, and make Kyle and Jack more sympathetic to her situation. Tara tells them exactly what happened between her and Locke-ness, and the White Knight Abbott's ignore that she's generated the conflict with Locke-ness.

Tara could have returned to NYC, taken a Valium and remained calm, but she created doubt in Locke-ness' mind in GC and she played it out so that she has to confess to the affair with Kyle, then runs away with Jr, back to Kyle because he's her only hope and refuge?

Tara could still be in the lap of multi-mansion Locke-ness luxury, but she chose to burn that bridge and rope Kyle Abbott into a paternity squabble.

If money is the motivator, it doesn't make sense to take an economic step down from Locke-ness to Kyle Abbott unless if there's another purpose for hanging a son around Kyle's neck.

I am going to spoiler tag the rest because some of this  may have been on the CDN episode.

Spoiler

Locke is now forcing Tara to choose; she can retain joint custody but Kyle can have no access. This is stupid because Kyle now has rights but she is implying she will concede because Locke will leave her broke and in debt. Wait, now it's about money?

So, it appears her agenda all along has been to suck Kyle in and get him to marry her--just as Dummer fears? It has to be. Otherwise, why would she ever have told Kyle he is the father. She had everything to lose by telling him that and especially telling him he had to publicly state it.

Kyle isn't independently wealthy or owns much of a stake in Jabot. He owns no property, except for the clothes on his back and a car Dumber once coveted. He lives in a Ikea-decorated hotel, while his future father-in-law builds the smug engaged couple a home.

Unless if Jack ponies up some cash and a bite of Jabot, where's the incentive?

I still think this is all about the bad taste Theo left Genoa City with being treated like a shirttail relative of the almighty Abbott's; getting revenge for not receiving more of Dina's estate and being banished to Paris, though I can think of worse places to be exiled.

It's so difficult because the Tara actress is so bad,  I cannot tell if she is being devious, insincere or is just in a walking coma.

TIIC must be directing her to be calm, yet pensive, and as the financial hardship and tension mounts, we are seeing reaction shots and the actor is emoting more. 

Tara's insincerity and deceptiveness is starting to show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

If you haven't done so already, I invite you to drop into the Who Has to STFH? thread where the final round is currently running. The last two characters standing are Jack and Mariah, and the fate of Genoa City will be in the winner's hands.

Get on over there and vote!

Oh yeah, Tara is going to make sure she gets paid, even if it's via her kid. I'll be curious to see if Kyle can cover all those expenses because I've never gotten the impression that he's personally wealthy in the "eff you money" sense. Maybe he'll get a pay increase on his co-CEO salary, ha ha.

Meanwhile, of course proud grandpa Jack is going to set Harrison up with a trust fund. He might want to make sure it can't be touched until Harrison is 25-30 years old though.

I’m quite sure that a prenuptial doesn’t include children.  Kyle is not responsible for Harrison’s childcare for the first 3 years of Harrison’s life. If Ashland gets full custody, than he continues to be responsible, and not Kyle, for Harrison’s childcare. If there is joint custody, than Ashland has to pay Tara for Harrison’s childcare especially if Tara agrees to Ashland’s demand to keep Kyle away. If Kyle gets parental rights, through the courts, than he has to pay child support for Harrison.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Huh, real talk from Phyllis to Nick about his new collaboration with Adam and Victor. It's scary when she's the voice of reason.

Rey is too excited about this second honeymoon. Wonder what will go wrong?

Look at Ashland, already suggesting an overnight date with Victoria on his home turf. I see you, player. 😏

Man, you know you're in trouble when Nikki the Newman Enforcer shows up dressed in black. The only way it could have been more dire is if she'd pulled her hair back into the chignon.

I guess Kyle has taken paternity leave from Jabot.

Lol, Sally gets right to the point. She read Tara like the first 32 trillion digits of pi. Whee, Tara's taking hits going and coming from redheads; first Mariah and now Sally. When does Phyllis get her turn?

Victoria's like, "Please. I'm not trying to be named a co-respondent in your nasty divorce, Ashland." He was not fazed though. Ashland seems quite sure of his ability to make a cross-country booty call worth Vikki's while. 😘

Nikki: Adam, for Victor's sake, you better be sincere. Because the moment I think that you have reverted to your former self, I will show no mercy.
Adam: fair warning. Okay, I need to get back to work now. Thanks for stopping by.
Nikki: just you remember, Adam, you wouldn't be the first person I've killed!

Poor Harrison. Now he only has adults with personal agendas to play with instead of kids his own age. Why don't Tara and Kyle put him in a preschool?

Have they darkened Harrison's hair? He didn't seem so blond today to me.

I don't understand why Adam is allowed to visit Chelsea whenever he wants. He's a big part of her problems and could easily make things worse for her recovery. Grrr.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

Aww, c'mon, that's what Nikki does best. ;D

And Adam, not staying away from Sharin' is what he does best.

5 hours ago, TVForever said:

You want to see awful soap opera fashion choices, stick around for The Bold and the Beautiful, any episode. It's a real tragedy going on over there...

I couldn't look away from what our friend Flo was wearing today. WTFH was that??? People are talking.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Huh, real talk from Phyllis to Nick about his new collaboration with Adam and Victor. It's scary when she's the voice of reason.

Rey is too excited about this second honeymoon. Wonder what will go wrong?

Look at Ashland, already suggesting an overnight date with Victoria on his home turf. I see you, player. 😏

Man, you know you're in trouble when Nikki the Newman Enforcer shows up dressed in black. The only way it could have been more dire is if she'd pulled her hair back into the chignon.

I guess Kyle has taken paternity leave from Jabot.

Lol, Sally gets right to the point. She read Tara like the first 32 trillion digits of pi. Whee, Tara's taking hits going and coming from redheads; first Mariah and now Sally. When does Phyllis get her turn?

Victoria's like, "Please. I'm not trying to be named a co-respondent in your nasty divorce, Ashland." He was not fazed though. Ashland seems quite sure of his ability to make a cross-country booty call worth Vikki's while. 😘

Nikki: Adam, for Victor's sake, you better be sincere. Because the moment I think that you have reverted to your former self, I will show no mercy.
Adam: fair warning. Okay, I need to get back to work now. Thanks for stopping by.
Nikki: just you remember, Adam, you wouldn't be the first person I've killed!

Poor Harrison. Now he only has adults with personal agendas to play with instead of kids his own age. Why don't Tara and Kyle put him in a preschool?

Have they darkened Harrison's hair? He didn't seem so blond today to me.

I don't understand why Adam is allowed to visit Chelsea whenever he wants. He's a big part of her problems and could easily make things worse for her recovery. Grrr.

I'm loving Nikki more every day.  Except for utter devotion to her laxative of choice, Victor, I'm loving her growing into the GC matron who is a good mother, a better grandmother, a dependable friend and a voice of reason (again, excepting that pustule of a life partner of hers, Victor).  

GC has been without a character like this for far too long and I'm beyond happy to see Nikki taking up that mantle.  

I liked her and Adam's interaction.  He was much less bombastic for pretty much the first time ever and she was ...... ominous in her warning to him, sorta like Jaws circling that beach.  Don't fuck with her, dickhead.  She will literally bury you.

Adam became immediately punchable the second he lurched into Crimson Lights and went after Rey loudly and in public.  Not cool, dickhead and it immediately negates all of his previous butter-wouldn't-melt-mewling.  I wish Rey had punched him.  

I'm waiting for the day that DNA reveals that this guy isn't Hope's son but is instead the missing, evil twin of Arnold Ziffel.

giphy.gif

Without the good looks and good taste, it goes without saying.

If lil Hassenpheffer is Theo's kid and not Kyle's I think the best way to to find out short of a DNA test is to put a can of high style Mousse  and a plate of oily balls in front of the little guy and see which one he goes for.  

Case closed.

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, boes said:

I'm loving Nikki more every day.  Except for utter devotion to her laxative of choice, Victor, I'm loving her growing into the GC matron who is a good mother, a better grandmother, a dependable friend and a voice of reason (again, excepting that pustule of a life partner of hers, Victor).  

GC has been without a character like this for far too long and I'm beyond happy to see Nikki taking up that mantle.

She was terrific with Faith. Sadly it seems that they've changed how they are writing for Faith with the recast. I'm beginning to not be able to stand her, and I don't think it's the recast, I think it's the writing.

• Love 8

Why is Olive Oyl trying to hide a “friendship” with Ashland from Nikki?  You would think that Olive would try to to rub the “friendship” in Victor’s and Adam’s face. It seems that Ashland doesn’t care that it would be taken as a impropriety on his marriage.  Nikki is absolutely right that a man like Ashland would not be in a high pursuit of a friendship. I don’t think that Olive would try to trap Ashland to help Kyle in a custody fight.  On second thought, it’s more like Olive is having daddy issues by substituting her real desire for love an acceptance from Victor to Ashland, another powerful man, to achieve love and acceptance. Or could it be as simple as that Olive is trying to make Nostrils jealous?  

Tara’s alimony will be minimal while Ashland will make sure of Harrison is being well taken care of. Why would Tara care about alimony when Ashland is keeping Harrison in the lap of luxury with child support. Ashland to Tara, your alimony would be minimal compared to what it would have been if you not cheated. Tara to Ashland, if I hadn’t cheated we wouldn’t of had a son.  Best comeback in a very long time 👍👍.  

So so obvious; Ashland changes his mind probably because there are skeletons in his closet and Olive accepts Ashland’s invitation to go to NYC. 

Sally looked absolutely fantastic today!  Once again I have to say, Summer’s sad face is winning me over. That’s when she looks her best. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Is Sally working for the Italian Ministry of Tourism? She wants Dummer to go to Italy, now she wants Asland to go to Italy.  Who's next? Kyle? Phyllis?

One can hope.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Is Sally working for the Italian Ministry of Tourism? She wants Dummer to go to Italy, now she wants Asland to go to Italy.  Who's next? Kyle? Phyllis?

37 minutes ago, Kemper said:

One can hope.

giphy.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Meh, Ashland, that was a pretty bad ultimatum. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube and Kyle can't now pretend like Harrison doesn't exist. Need some peanut butter for that jelly?

And there it is. The DA admits he's compromised because his relatives are still criminals. Neither Michael nor Rey ought to be involved in Chelsea's case due to their personal conflicts of interests. 🤨

Chelsea, you should not be talking to Adam. In fact, you should only deal with him through legal intermediaries. He's going to make sure you're never released from that place if he can directly provoke you into acting out.

And OMG, Rey! Stay away from the woman who tried to kill you! Do you remember how long you refused to believe it was Chelsea who poisoned you? Your judgment is far from infallible.

Lol, Victoria went in a bit on Nikki. "But your husband tho." Give it up, Nikki. Victoria's panties are already moist for Ashland. She just wants that international business mogul D and I for one am not mad at her. 😏

Kyle trying to act all tough with Ashland. Boy, bye. Nobody is scared of you, least of all a man who's been taking no prisoners since before you were even born.

Whoa, was Tara insinuating that Locke's boys can't swim and that's why she's glad she got knocked up by Kyle? Looooowwww blow. 😯

Chloe, girl, you are not that dumb. You know Adam is up to something with this plan of his to bankroll a fashion company for you and Chelsea, and it can't be good.

Ashland: sigh, it would be so nice if you weren't here.
Sally: well, you can't always get what you want.
Ashland: Rolling Stones?
Sally: no, Sally Spectra. The story of my life.
Ashland: it appears you are a slow learner.
Flo: I know that's right!
Sally: kill me now.
The World: right there with you, Sally. 😐

Sally, you're delusional. Kyle isn't going to move to Italy, not even for Summer. And now you have to deal with Eric Forrester, who knows what you did to his stepson. You're making things worse for yourself.

🎶Start spreading the news! She's leaving today!🎶

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 11:17 AM, Waldo13 said:

Wow!  Tara is Jewish. I heard her tell Sally that she has chutzpah which is the Yiddish word for nerve

Lots of folks know basic Yiddish words, but why would that be so 'Wow!' if she was a Jewish character? I'd actually love a more diverse cast with other faiths and practices coming into the story lines.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Lots of folks know basic Yiddish words, but why would that be so 'Wow!' if she was a Jewish character? I'd actually love a more diverse cast with other faiths and practices coming into the story lines.

Wow because Tara used chutzpah out of the blue.  Yiddish words are used but to be used, in dialog, by TIIC, just seemed unexpected. I can’t recall if there has been a Jewish character on Y&R  

Also, I don’t believe that Y&R has any Jewish actors except maybe for Hunter King. It depends how she identifies with any one religion since she comes from a family with a Jewish and a Christian heritage. I’ve read that Hunter’s sister, Joey, says she’s Jewish. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think I've ever written this sentence - I loved Victoria in all of her scenes today! - but she was the highlight of the show for me .  It looks like Show is finally giving her a romance-of-a-sort storyline with somebody worthwhile.  I don't know if Ashland is a psycho or not but he does clean up very well and holds his own with those Wisconsin cheese curds pretending to be men.

Speaking of cheese turds, I was so hoping that the next time Kyle opened his whiny little mouth that Ashland just gave him a wedgie followed by a flushie.

giphy.gif

Language that Kyle can actually understand.

Poor Mrs. Martinez!  She's going to spending quite some time cleaning up tht pile of drool in the Abbott living room.  Dummer just stared incomprehensively with her mouth open while Ashland talked to Tara-boomdeyay and Wedgie boy about the new divorce arrangements.

One more thing to never forgive Adam for - now he's got me sympathizing with Chelsea.    He's got some nerve telling someone else they need psychiatric care.  This is the same guy who gaslit Ashley, switched Sharon's baby with Ashley's miscarriage and then proceeded to burn the fetus in the fireplace, injected his own eyes to make him lose his own sight, seduced a gay man to lull his suspicions, messed with Victor's meds, murdered Richard Hightower, pushed that doctor into oncoming traffic - and those are just from his highlight reel.

Yeah, he's sane alright.  

giphy.gif

By all means, give him custody of a kid.  Considering it's lil' Connor who is himself an up and coming psycho the joke may be on him.

Just wait till ButtBiscuit finds out that Victoria has stopped pining for her old Slinky and moved on to Ashland!

Edited by boes
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, boes said:

I don't think I've ever written this sentence - I loved Victoria in all of her scenes today! - but she was the highlight of the show for me today.  It looks like Show is finally giving her a romance-of-a-sort storyline with somebody worthwhile.  I don't know if Ashland is a psycho or not but he does clean up very well and holds his own with those Wisconsin cheese curds pretending to be men.

Speaking of cheese turds, I was so hoping that the next time Kyle opened his whiny little mouth that Ashland just gave him a wedgie followed by a flushie.

giphy.gif

Language that Kyle can actually understand.

Poor Mrs. Martinez!  She's going to spending quite some time cleaning up tht pile of drool in the Abbott living room.  Dummer just stared incomprehensively with her mouth open while Ashland talked to Tara-boomdeyay and Wedgie boy about the new divorce arrangements.

One more thing to never forgive Adam for - now he's got me sympathizing with Chelsea.  That's pretty unforgivable.  He's got some nerve telling someone else they need psychiatric care.  This is the same guy who gaslit Ashley, switched Sharon's baby with Ashley's miscarriage and then proceeded to burn the fetus in the fireplace, injected his own eyes to make him lose his own sight, seduced a gay man to lull his suspicions, messed with Victor's meds, murdered Richard Hightower, pushed that doctor into oncoming traffic - and those are just from his highlight reel.

Yeah, he's sane alright.  

Are we sure he's NOT Nikki's kid?

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Meh, Ashland, that was a pretty bad ultimatum.

Methinks Ashland's lawyer told him that his stupid ultimatum would not hold up in court.  If Kyle is the father, he cannot be kept from his child just because Tara agreed to the cash.  Jack seems to be keeping track of discrepencies in some of Tara's claims. These along with the ultimatum and the fact that she kept Kyle in the dark for 3 years, Kyle may have enough to go for sole custody so that he and Summer can raise Low Side Part.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Good grief, "Kyle" is a terrible actor; the writing for this story is terrible.  The acting from everyone involved, even Jack (way too gushing and over-projecting) is bad.

As is the Amanda and her family storyline.  The actresses are just fine; the "father" is not that great.  I don't know how viewers are supposed to care about someone they have never heard of or seen being murdered decades ago?  Is that it?  I do like Amanda being given a family; the dynamics between The Sisters is good.  The mother, as of yet, has not been compelling.  Then again, she hasn't been given much to work with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Good grief, "Kyle" is a terrible actor; the writing for this story is terrible.  The acting from everyone involved, even Jack (way too gushing and over-projecting) is bad.

As is the Amanda and her family storyline.  The actresses are just fine; the "father" is not that great.  I don't know how viewers are supposed to care about someone they have never heard of or seen being murdered decades ago?  Is that it?  I do like Amanda being given a family; the dynamics between The Sisters is good.  The mother, as of yet, has not been compelling.  Then again, she hasn't been given much to work with.

I like that too and I'd rather that than Buttbiscuit's endless drama, Dummer and Vyle's sordid garbage. But Jack and Mariah desperately need their own S/L's. They are wasting precious resources on this show that a smarter show would be miking for all they're worth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Kyle what’s with the pompadour hair style?  Are you channeling your inner Elvis or is it a ploy to distract us from your shit ass acting?  

No Nostrils not business, monkey business. 

Is Abby charging Amanda for office space at Society?  What happened to lawyer/client privilege?  Is there an invisible cone of silence at Society?  What is Sutton actually hiding?  Amanda strategy is flawed,though, by just throwing out unsubstantiated allegations which Victor and the PI already debunked and can testified to Amanda’s allocation.  Imani to Amanda, “Trust Me”.  Famous last words. 

It’s a miracle, Summer can actually walk and look at her phone at the same time. 

Tara vs Summer, conservative mother in white vs the paranoid darling of the GC aristocrats. 

Also, we have Summer vs Sally. Sally was pushed to defend herself from that paranoid darling of GC aristocrats who didn’t actually deserve her position because Summer is all boobs and no brains.  In fact, if Summer walked into a wall, Summer would not break her nose. 

And it’s Sally for the win because Summer can’t actually match wits with Sally. 

Tara turning down Lauren, for now, seems to me more concerning that Tara is up to something. Why work when the Abbots are fawning all over you and Harrison.

Tara seamed to be upset about there being another woman on Ashland’s plane even more so when she found out it was Olive Oyl.  Was Tara upset because this was a common occurrence and she can’t, for some reason, use this against Ashland?  

Is there anyone or anything who can intimidated Victor.  Victor may go along with certain situations, but never out if intimidation. Victor is the master of intimidation. 

Next week will be very interesting according to the conning attractions. 

• Love 10

The hairstylists on this show (at least the ones that do the male actors) have watched too much Bridgerton.  Those brothers could sport the pompadours.  But they could act well enough that you stopped paying attention to their hair after awhile. Even Adam's self-shorn-locks look is way better.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

I like the Nick Adam friendship (Adam did save lunkheads life) Kind of Thor /  Loki thing if they were goofballs instead of gods.

Me too.  Both are growing on me; not saying they need to be buddy-buddy...but to see a working sibling relationship between these two is one of the brighter things happening on this show right now.  How about mixing up the romantic pairings for the brothers?Throw Sally at either of them? That would give her something to do other than plan and plot.  Imani?  Although I think Nate is end-game for her.  How about Sharon and Nate?  Please, just throw couples at the wall and see what sticks. Oddly, I think Victoria and Ashland kind of work.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I can’t recall if there has been a Jewish character on Y&R  

Brad Carlton, aka George Kaplan. And his mother Rebecca. And his daughter Colleen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, bannana said:

Brad Carlton, aka George Kaplan. And his mother Rebecca. And his daughter Colleen.

Thanks Bannana, I’ve heard of Brad but he was before my time to watch. 

This means that Traci, Ashley, and Victoria are Jewish by injection 😜

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

And it was a retcon like twenty years after we already knew the character.

I think the one time I remember a Jewish character on a soap was Nora on OLTL. It was part of her character from her arrival. I am sure there are others but that one stood out to me as being well done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Billy knows Victoria has been getting chummy with Ashland. Wonder why he didn't tell Lily that Victoria is probably in New York with him? No reason for Billy to guard Victoria's reputation. 🤔

Cash money on the table, Grandpa Snootypants is protecting Naya, who likely killed Amanda's father if her husband didn't. I think it's a terrible position they're putting Amanda in, having to front their big lie. Especially since it's one that directly hurt her.

Is there something wrong with my TV or was there a vaseline-on-the-camera-lens effect used on Tara today? On my screen she looked pale and washed out compared to Jack and Kyle. It was glaring to me.

Wait, why is Devon buying expensive stuff for Billy's kids? Does he even know them?

Sigh, Sally, sure hope you've been brushing up on your Italian. It's possible to be too bold, hon.

Wonder what Tara's designer shoe line is called, LockeStep? 😉

Lily, guuuuurrrllll, you don't even know. Victoria has definitely found someplace else to put her energy: on Ashland's peen. 😈 Meanwhile, oh, okay, Billy didn't know Victoria went to NY with Ashland until Jack clued him in. Hmm.

Dang, Amanda's dress put the body in bodycon today. You could practically see her, um, intergluteal cleft. She rarely makes a fashion misstep like that one. 😮 (Update: after checking on Worn on TV, I guess that was a ribbon or pleat on the center seam in the back. nm.)

So Victor and Sutton know each other. That's kind of unexpected. Not sure why Victor would be at all interested in IL politics.

Re the previews, looks like Johnny's gonna have a record scratch moment, lol. Now Billy has to explain to him how shacking up works. 😊

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Cash money on the table, Grandpa Snootypants is protecting Naya, who likely killed Amanda's father if her husband didn't. I think it's a terrible position they're putting Amanda in, having to front their big lie. Especially since it's one that directly hurt her.

I think that's probably it, and why Naya always looks like she might pass out. If so, did she kill him to ensure that her secret never came out?

I am not even marginally interested in this storyline, but there should be some sort of big reveal based on how it is going. I guess it will be that Imani will continue as a character and sibling rivalries ensue.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Brad killed a man  - with his thighs!!!

(He's now Dollar Bill on B&B. And he is fantastic in the role.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Cash money on the table, Grandpa Snootypants is protecting Naya, who likely killed Amanda's father if her husband didn't. I think it's a terrible position they're putting Amanda in, having to front their big lie. Especially since it's one that directly hurt her.

I think Amanda is going to figure it out. She's already pretty suspicious about the whole thing.

Wonder what Tara's designer shoe line is called, LockeStep? 😉

🌩️dead🌩️

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

Just once, I would like to see Intrepid Reporter/Lawyer Character get a bit down the rabbit hole but ultimately decide "You know, I'd like to find out this deep dark secret, but this has gotten too concerning and dangerous.  It's not worth it and I'm moving on with my life".  Done, next story.  

The whole Tara/Kyle thing is making me annoyed with all of the Abbots.  The whole Newman/Abbott thing is getting old, and I didn't like how they collectively piled on someone like Sally who hasn't done a tenth of the awful things most of them have (and gotten away with).  I don't even care if Tara is scamming everyone, and might actually think it's kind of funny at this point.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

How long do think it will be, in that case, before we find out Imani loves to bake and is offered a cooking show?  

Easy Bake Avery rises again!

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

This entire Tara/Blockhead romance story line is idiotic to the extreme. Was Kyle that desperate that he had a steamy affair with a woman who looks like she's his mother? If I had to describe Tara to someone, I'd say she looks like a kitchen scrubbie sponge that's way past its toss date...You know, when the sponge has pieces missing and the scrubbie side is starting to loosen up and looks like mini springs popping out of teeny tiny mattress? Yeah, that's what Tara looks like, all the time! So why is Dummer so upset?!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4