Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Jack, I love ya like crazy, but you get yet another "classy" demerit.  Your first one was for neglecting to give Theo a piece of the Gaudy Gemstone of Love.  Now you get one for throwing Dum and Dummer's engagement party at the venue where Kyle's ex-wife works.  I hope Abby had the good sense not to expect Lola to make the canapés for this shindig.  Lola did say her new job is temporary, so it sounds like she's coming back?  She'll probably look a little different, though...

Phyllis is so full of shit.  Trashing Sally to Jack had absolutely nothing to do with "protecting" Jack and everything to do with protecting her dim-witted dotter and inflating her own ego even further.

Best dressed this episode?  Harrison!  I'm 53 years old, but I'd totally wear that dachshund sweater if they made it in my size.  Get on it, OshKosh B'Gosh!

Well said, Snaporaz.  

I didn't even think about that fact that this was literally throwing their engagement in Lola's face.  The only consolation is that enough time has gone by and she sees them all so clearly now that I doubt Lola has even a smidgen of regret at losing that bag of Hair, Kyle.

Besides, she knows better than most that Kyle and Dummer are even more sure to crash and burn than Nick is to get it caught in his zipper again.  

That party...... Genoa City parties are like being invited to a cook out by the Grim Reaper.  

Nikki and Victor aren't showing up, Ashley and Traci are desperately trying to come up with an excuse to skip it, Kyle's only friend Mariah has gone missing along with Abby, Phyllis is batting her eyes like she's generating electricity, Nick's already into a marathon ball-scratching session while Jack's gamely trying to believe, looking at Kyle and Phyllis that his life hasn't been just one long cruel joke, Dummer just realized she's put her shoes on the wrong feet (and they're Kyle's shoes to begin with) and Kyle is still giddy about that extra pouf he got into his bouffant.

Tara just showed up with little Harrison in tow, just in time to hear the menu....

giphy.gif

Run, Harrison, run now while you still have the chance.

I can't decide which scenes had less life - that droning father and son sociopathic duo Victor and Adam or Rey Rey and Gidget.

Don't get rid of that wheelchair quite yet, Adam.  With you and Victor working together, you masterminds of business you, I suspect you'll be needing it sooner than either of you think.

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Jack, I love ya like crazy, but you get yet another "classy" demerit.  Your first one was for neglecting to give Theo a piece of the Gaudy Gemstone of Love.  Now you get one for throwing Dum and Dummer's engagement party at the venue where Kyle's ex-wife works.  I hope Abby had the good sense not to expect Lola to make the canapés for this shindig.  Lola did say her new job is temporary, so it sounds like she's coming back?  She'll probably look a little different, though...

That was a lousy move on Jack's part, though I expect behavior like that from Phyllis and Dumb. 

Lola seems to moved on from her wrong turn into Kyle Abbott country. As much as I didn't like TIIC dismantling their relationship, Kyle deserves a sixth go-round with Dumber. He didn't learn anything being married to Dumb before, and this time will be no different. 

Phyllis is so full of shit.  Trashing Sally to Jack had absolutely nothing to do with "protecting" Jack and everything to do with protecting her dim-witted dotter and inflating her own ego even further.

Phyllis is a fountain of shit.

Anytime Phyllis is the least bit defensive about nothing, that's the early warning system she will lose her mind over imaginary territorial rights. Dumber was protecting her delusion Sally wanted Kyle as a sex partner. Being afraid of Sally as career competition for the job she spends no time working on was a legitimate concern; the Jabot cleaning crew lead was more qualified than Dumber for her promotion.

Jack was very easily led by Phyllis and Dumber on how dangerous Sally would become for them ... err, Jack.; Phyllis has a much longer rap sheet than Sally and he's accepting what she says, chapter and verse. Why are TIIC dumbing Jack down, letting Phyllis/Dumber do his decision-making for him? Kyle has been more directly deceptive than Sally.

That party...... Genoa City parties are like being invited to a cook out by the Grim Reaper.  

Nikki and Victor aren't showing up, Ashley and Traci are desperately trying to come up with an excuse to skip it, Kyle's only friend Mariah has gone missing along with Abby, Phyllis is batting her eyes like she's generating electricity, Nick's already into a marathon ball-scratching session while Jack's gamely trying to believe, looking at Kyle and Phyllis that his life hasn't been just one long cruel joke, Dummer just realized she's put her shoes on the wrong feet (and they're Kyle's shoes to begin with) and Kyle is still giddy about that extra pouf he got into his bouffant.

All the social events TIIC have produced look vacant and cheap.

It's a good thing Tara crashed the party to break up the monotony of another Dumber/Kyle engagement celebration.

Tara just showed up with little Harrison in tow, just in time to hear the menu....

giphy.gif

Run, Harrison, run now while you still have the chance.

We're going to need more cyanide at my table.

I pity Locke-ness Jr. Mercenary for a father, coward for a bio-father and idiot for a mother. That kid is going to be torn apart before anyone has the bright idea to have a DNA test performed.

I can't decide which scenes had less life - that droning father and son sociopathic duo Victor and Adam or Rey Rey and Gidget.

Don't get rid of that wheelchair quite yet, Adam.  With you and Victor working together, you masterminds of business you, I suspect you'll be needing it sooner than either of you think.

Atonal's character change was short-lived. From benevolence and selfless parts donation to revenge-seeking media mogul in under 24 hours. Of course, Victor only wants Atonal to extend charity to those that are important to Victor. Neither of them care the blow-back for attacking NotBilly and Chance Dot Com will fall on innocent bystanders and family again.

Rey Rey and Sharon are droning bores. Sharon wants a fresh start with no analysis of her lies, disloyalty and deceptions. Rey Rey wants to beat Atonal to death ... Oops! Rey Rey wants to beat the subject of Sharon's addiction to Atonal to death. Understandable since Sharon denies her activities to benefit Atonal meant anything other than a search for justice. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I thought nothing could could put me to sleep quicker than watching Sharon and Dullan. But Sharon and Rey are downright coma-inducing. 

Another engagement party for Pouf and Dummer?

Don’t they do this every year?

As the swallows to Capistrano.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

First we have to endure this shit show version of It's a Wonderful Life, except in this case it's re-titled It's a Shit-Filled Life starring Atonal Douchnozzle, featuring PeePaw! The B&W was hilarious, someone on staff is really trying to film noire their way out of a flaming pile of excrement. But oh no, that's not all, folks! Now we are treated to an editing style that can only be described as "The Californians" (tm SNL). It's so bad that it's funny now. Imagine that!

The Californians - SNL

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, gingerella said:

First we have to endure this shit show version of It's a Wonderful Life, except in this case it's re-titled It's a Shit-Filled Life starring Atonal Douchnozzle, featuring PeePaw! The B&W was hilarious, someone on staff is really trying to film noire their way out of a flaming pile of excrement. But oh no, that's not all, folks! Now we are treated to an editing style that can only be described as "The Californians" (tm SNL). It's so bad that it's funny now. Imagine that!

The Californians - SNL

'Get back on San Vincente, take it to the 10, then switch over to the 405 North, and then let it dump you on Mulholland where you belong!'

giphy.gif

• LOL 6

I didn't watch yet (busy couple days, also I hate some of these stories 🤪) ans read some of the recaps but didn't see. What was the reason for Lola leaving??

kinda cray the only place people eat out at or have events at owner and manager go poof. Now everyone gonna be doing every damn thing at crimson lights or the bird hotel. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I didn't watch yet (busy couple days, also I hate some of these stories 🤪) ans read some of the recaps but didn't see. What was the reason for Lola leaving??

kinda cray the only place people eat out at or have events at owner and manager go poof. Now everyone gonna be doing every damn thing at crimson lights or the bird hotel. 

She got a starring role in some superhero thingy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

She got a starring role in some superhero thingy.

On the show, Lola is doing some guest chef thing at restaurants all over Florida.  It supposed to be some big honor and will be good for Society when she returns, too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, gingerella said:

The Californians - SNL

Ah, you've been reading what's left of my mind!

Deft. artful, romantic, moody? Nah, just trying too damn hard to sell Queen Sharon and Prince Douchenozzle P. Delusional, who apparently rises from morbidity more often than Lazarus on a good day.

i am, however, in terms of soap tropes, wanting to hear the loud clock-ticking sound effect every time QS lies [again] to Rey, or checks her phone whenever someone/anyone talks to her in any scene. Or maybe the Chambers Brothers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIqwzQ7g-Cc

Edited by pearlite
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

On the show, Lola is doing some guest chef thing at restaurants all over Florida.  It supposed to be some big honor and will be good for Society when she returns, too. 

Well who gonna be cooking at the damn place everyone eats their only meals you better grab a spatula and head to GC Snap

• LOL 13

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me and how much I want to do the Snoopy Dance of Joy when Summer and in turn Foghorn get bitch slapped.  Oh Happy Days are upon us. 

Chloe needs a super large mug of shut the fuck up. Get off your high horse you self righteousness because you are far from being a saint.  Chloe just wants to make me 🤢🤮.  Chloe thinks Adam is bluffing about telling Rey of her complicity with Chelsea but, like Victor, when push comes to shove Chloe knows or should know that Adam is not bluffing. 

If Kyle’s and Summer’s wedding happens, it’s probably going to be as lame as their engagement party.  

I still don’t understand why Sally would be at the Grand Albatross since she was banished by Foghorn. TIIC are trying to turn Sally even into a darker character by her hair, outfit, and makeup.  TIIC also made a conscience effort to made Tara look older.  

What is Michael’s malfunction. He and Rey have Chelsea’s confession and Victor was there also. 

The only thing that could have been better would have been for Sally to put Summer on her ass by slapping her back. 

• Love 9

I don't know why Tara had to talk to Vyle RIGHT NOW! She could just get a room, take the kid to Chancellor Park or some other kid friendly venue and wait until the fucking engagement party was over. I hate people who show up where they aren't wanted. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Was Kyle wearing a velvet/velveteen jacket? A bit out of season. Anyhoo, how does Tara have no where else to go but a sleepy burg in the Upper Midwest? She's wealthy. Pretty much the rest of the world is somewhere else.

Wee Harrison hasn't quite caught up to the size of his head. 😉

Chloe, confronting Adam might not be the way to go given your involvement in Chelsea's scheme to destroy him. Aiding and abetting, sweetie.

Sharon forgive you, Rey? What about her asking for your forgiveness? She continued to maintain a relationship with Adam despite knowing how much it bothered you. She has never respected your feelings and Chelsea easily took advantage of that.

Running off in the middle of your 693rd engagement party to meet with the wife of a notorious business mogul. No, nothing suspicious about that at all. Kyle and Summer are so ridiculous to me. 😒

Wait, what? Sharon actually did ask for Rey's forgiveness. This is my shocked face.

For the life of me I can't understand why Jack is so jacked about Summer and Kyle's wedding. You'd think it was his wedding instead of theirs.

OMG, Tara and her baby mama drama. I'm already tired of her.

Chloe: if I can do any to block you from going anywhere near Chelsea, believe me, I'll do it!
Adam: sigh, that would be a mistake.
Chloe: challenge accepted, m.f.-er. Let's dance.
Adam: have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Joi: kmn.

Heh, if you've changed Adam, why are you now threatening Chloe? Apparently you've forgotten how many times she's already tried to kill you. Fourth time's a charm! 😈

Calm down, Summer. Tara would've found Kyle eventually even if Sally hadn't pointed her in the direction of Society. Your insecurity is showing. Meanwhile, it what universe does Sally just let Summer slap her without swinging back?

One wonders at what point Kyle is going to clue Jack in about his possible grandson who's in the center of an impending Abbott vs Locke cyclone. Is he going to let Jack found out at the same time as the rest of the world?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

One wonders at what point Kyle is going to clue Jack in about his possible grandson who's in the center of an impending Abbott vs Locke cyclone. Is he going to let Jack found out at the same time as the rest of the world?

I've never been as gaga for Jack as some people but they're making him look like a silly old moron. As much as I don't like Sally, at least their relationship was interesting and gave Jack something to do other than follow Vyle and Dummer around like a doting auntie.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know why Tara had to talk to Vyle RIGHT NOW! She could just get a room, take the kid to Chancellor Park or some other kid friendly venue and wait until the fucking engagement party was over. I hate people who show up where they aren't wanted. 

Than you must hate Summer and Foghorn also. They are like shitting in you pants when you try to fart. As I said before, anyone who puts a thorn in the side of the mother daughter due are top shelf in my book. 

While we are on the subject of Summer and Foghorn there was absolutely no reason for you to go after Sally because she wanted the job that you eventually got from Lauren. There was no reason for Foghorn to protect Summer. In the world of GC, nepotism out trumps a person that is more qualified. The mother daughter duo are not happy unless they can make someone miserable as they are. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Calm down, Summer. Tara would've found Kyle eventually even if Sally hadn't pointed her in the direction of Society. Your insecurity is showing. Meanwhile, it what universe does Sally just let Summer slap her without swinging back?

Sally’s comment wasn’t even worth a slap! Having said that Sally should’ve clocked her good so Summer would have a black eye for her engagement photos.

Wonder if with Adam ‘letting Chelsea go’ and swearing off Sharon means he’ll drift to someone new....like say...Sally? 

Ashland played Tara, LOL. That’s pretty good using your heart attack to get your wife to confess all so that they’d have a clean slate. That’s actually a scene that I would’ve liked to see play out instead of seeing the aftermath. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Ashland played Tara, LOL. That’s pretty good using your heart attack to get your wife to confess all so that they’d have a clean slate. That’s actually a scene that I would’ve liked to see play out instead of seeing the aftermath. 

IKR? Especially since the character appears to be showing up again anyway.  

Tara sounds way too "Midwestern suburban woman asking for various price adjustments" for me to take her seriously or have any interest in her presence. 

Mariah is too good for GC.  I can't help but like both her AND Abby, so of course this story is probably going to wind up with them hating each other at some point.  

I have no complaints about the Sharon/Rey scenes- liked them a lot.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Wonder if with Adam ‘letting Chelsea go’ and swearing off Sharon means he’ll drift to someone new....like say...Sally? 

Adam and Sally could be interesting...maybe.  Adam seems to gravitate to women a little on the shady side.  But I would like to see an Adam/Lily test.  First...Billy’s head would explode and maybe send him back to Victoria.  Be done with both of them.  It is hopefully only a matter of time before Lily wakes up to Billy.  Sadly, we all know Adam and Sharon are end game.  How about Sharon/Ashton? Sharon/Nate?

I cannot remember if there has been any discussion on Adam remembering that Sharon was married to his father.  Major ew.  It is like that never happened.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I cannot remember if there has been any discussion on Adam remembering that Sharon was married to his father.  Major ew.  It is like that never happened.

I think Show wants us to forget that ever happened. It doesn't get referenced EVER.

BTW, why is Nick losing his stuff over Kyle and Tara? It was an affair from the past, and Summer has a whole lot of "past" herself. And while I'm at it, why is Kyle so reluctant to tell Jack about Harrison? It's not like Jack doesn't have a whole "surprise" son of his own-- or does Kyle even know that Keemo exists?

Edited by TVForever
  • Love 16
On 5/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, Cupid Stunt said:

All the social events TIIC have produced look vacant and cheap.

The only way you can tell it's a party or social event is that they stand around in more sparkly clothes. When they stand around in less sparkly clothes, then it's just day to day standing around.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

The only way you can tell it's a party or social event is that they stand around in more sparkly clothes. When they stand around in less sparkly clothes, then it's just day to day standing around.

OMG. You're right!

BTW, why is Nick losing his stuff over Kyle and Tara? 

And why is he being so weird to Moses? From everything known about him, he's a great kid from a family well known in GC to be upright, respectable folk. Except for that little boat house incident but what Newman has not done something at least twice as reprehensible?

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Observation:  Jack is the only male character left with a killer smile after Billy Miller left as Billy. The rest of the male characters are all very morose but the jury is still out on Moses. 

Kyle be a man instead a mouse. Step up to the plate and claim Harrison and be done with it.  The truth will come out eventually because if you don’t claim Harrison, when push comes to shove, Tara will have a paternity test performed to show Ashland is not the father and should not have any claim on him as his son.  Claim you son and let Summer and the naysayers be damned.  

If Moses is going to make Faith happy and feel better, why won’t her parents want Faith to see him.  After all Moses was there for Faith, in the hospital, both times Et Tu Devon. You are not the one to give relationship advice.  No Devon, Sharon, Banana Breath, and Rey; Faith and Moses are not going to have sex and run off together at least  until they are 18 by the end of the summer. 

Sharon, Faith is hungry, but the sandwich you made looks like it would feed a horse. 

Wow!  There was a Christian mention today but I’m sure his nanny sees him more than his father.  

Isn’t it amazing how Rey and Sharon can have sex when Faith could walk in on them as to Moses not being there when Devon and Amanda are having sex. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I've never been as gaga for Jack as some people but they're making him look like a silly old moron. As much as I don't like Sally, at least their relationship was interesting and gave Jack something to do other than follow Vyle and Dummer around like a doting auntie.

The Dumbing Down of Jack is foolish, considering his own history with WTD son's showing up out of the blue. I've been expecting Jack to grab Kyle by the scruff of the neck and demand the truth, particularly after the short-lived Locke-ness attack on Jabot. Tara and Locke-ness Jr. showing up should have been a flag on the play for Jack, with Kyle's lame excuses and inability to tell the truth. So far Kyle has done nothing meaningful except dissemble and lie since Locke-ness and Tara showed up in town; Jack's been doing all the heavy lifting.

6 hours ago, Kemper said:

Adam and Sally could be interesting...maybe.  Adam seems to gravitate to women a little on the shady side.  But I would like to see an Adam/Lily test. First...Billy’s head would explode and maybe send him back to Victoria.  Be done with both of them.  It is hopefully only a matter of time before Lily wakes up to Billy.  Sadly, we all know Adam and Sharon are end game.  How about Sharon/Ashton? Sharon/Nate?

Considering how TIIC have devolved Lily back into NotBilly's fire brigade, putting out every little fire he chooses to set, Lily with Atonal makes a certain sense.

NotBilly goes online warpath against Atonal being exonerated of Rey Rey's poisoning. Atonal retaliates. Both company's bottom lines suffer. Against NotBilly's protests, Lily goes to Atonal to negotiate a non-aggression pact ... Sparks fly and it's Kismet! 

NotBilly's head explodes like a direct hit on a piñata. The viewers cheer.

Lily continues to debase herself.

Cane slithers back into town to finish the job.

TIIC have gone out of their way to avoid discussing Sharon cutting a sexual swath through Genoa City and the Newman family. Disgusting as it may be, Sharon didn't do it alone.

And Atonal went out of his way to appropriate everything Nick and Victor Newman put their hands on.  

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

And why is he being so weird to Moses? From everything known about him, he's a great kid from a family well known in GC to be upright, respectable folk. Except for that little boat house incident but what Newman has not done something at least twice as reprehensible?

Not sure what boathouse reference is about but I immediately felt like it was a racial issue and that got my hackles up, because otherwise why would Nick not be okay with a stand up kid who is highly motivated to become a doctor being nice to his fucked up daughter who literally has no friends right now? I hate to even type that thought out but that's what I keep feeling whenever Dick acts weird about Moses.

Also, has someone gone insane and bought up all the day glo klub kid outfits from some close out company in China? Because what the everloving fuck is up with all these women in day glo outfits last week?! Hideous. Nobody looks good in Highlighter colors, they all looked like cheap Russian hookers.

So since Show cannot be subtle in any way, nor surprise us with good, inventive writing, we now know that Crazy Chels will escape from the loony bin, then try to kill Sharon, first by adultnapping her, because yanno, that always works out so very well. They'll probably end up in the boathouse with Sharon in a coma and Chels running to her equally crazy BFF for help, a la Neil Winters, because, yanno, Show can also not ever write a new script, it just recycles the same trash from past awful years. This is a story line I don't care to watch. And BTW, what was that cartoon 'nod' that Chels and her lawyer exchanged? It was like a moment out of a Monty Python sketch.

Tara confessed to Ashland, what a maroon. That poor kid has shit for brains parents now on both sides of his genetic tree. We can only hope Tara leaves him with his nanny long enough that someone else wanders in and takes him away from there. Between Tara and her mom pants (I mean come the fuck ON Show, if you want us to believe Tara was a hot piece of ass and Vyle couldn't help hitting that, then cast an actress that looks like a hot piece of ass that's not Spanx'd to the Nth degree, it aint that hard, Hollywood is filled with them!), and Vyle and his vacant looks and bad ideas, and Dummer and her, well her dummerness, that kid has no future.

And don't get me started on Drinkki and her spandex ladies who lunch outfits that fit to hug her expanding waistline. I'm not a lithe ballerina bodied woman, but can someone get her into clothes that fit her body already? It's been years since she hasn't looked like she's trying to hold in her pooch because she's been encased in too tight clothing. I mean, even PeePaw's Black T-Shirts of Virility have become baggier so as to hide his growing paunch. Can't they be as kind with Drinkki???

Can someone get Billy his own office please? Does Chancellor Communications have just a really big unmanned lobby and one office?

And Mariah, I'll bet she's really regretting becoming a carrier for ScAbby's spawn now. She'll be lucky if that baby gets a clue of who it's mom will be an 86's itself right out of there. And the constant cloying banter (ie: inane blethering) between ScAbby and her MIL, enough already, doesn't Nina have a job to get back to in LA?

Villy, don't care. Can't spare a square. Sack, don't care either. No fucks to be had anywhere, trust me, I've looked high and lo.

And where is Gloria when you need some levity? That's what I wanna know...Can you tell I'm hate watching right now, or is it not that obvious...?

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Lol, you answered your own question,

Not sure what boathouse reference is about 

They'll probably end up in the boathouse with Sharon in a coma and Chels running to her equally crazy BFF for help, a la Neil Winters, because, yanno, Show can also not ever write a new script, it just recycles the same trash from past awful years. 

I agree about Drinkki, she looks like 10 lbs. of sausage stuffed into a 5 lb. casing.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Kyle be a man instead a mouse. Step up to the plate and claim Harrison and be done with it.  The truth will come out eventually because if you don’t claim Harrison, when push comes to shove, Tara will have a paternity test performed to show Ashland is not the father and should not have any claim on him as his son.  Claim you son and let Summer and the naysayers be damned.  

Kyle is a dimwit. What's an illegitimated child amongst the Abbott family?

And there's no definitive proof Locke-ness Jr is his son in the first place. What Tara thinks has been faulty from the beginning, and now she wants Kyle as cannon fodder for Locke-ness' revenge tour. The ammount Tara knows about men would fit into a thimble with room left over. No man wants to hear his wife confess to an affair with a pomaded beach party boytoy.

It's not clear if Locke-ness is concerned that Jr. might be Kyle's child, but he is territorial as a rabid honey badger. And Honey Badger wants to slap the shit out of Kyle, cuz' Honey Badger don't give a shit.

If Moses is going to make Faith happy and feel better, why won’t her parents want Faith to see him.  After all Moses was there for Faith, in the hospital, both times Et Tu Devon. You are not the one to give relationship advice.  No Devon, Sharon, Banana Breath, and Rey; Faith and Moses are not going to have sex and run off together at least  until they are 18 by the end of the summer. 

Faith is still working 12 Steps, is fresh out of a kidney transplant, and weeks behind her school work for last term. I would expect Sharon (to finally take some responsibility for raising a reckless teenager) and Nick (still raising himself) would restrict her social life to controlled situations. It's not unreasonable for Nick and Sharon to want Faith to recuperate and make good on her court-ordered treatment. 

Moses may have Faith's best interests at heart, but he's too invested in her, too fast, and that is very close to Nick and Sharon's teen scene fairytale romance. Neither of them want that to happen. 

Darvon has nothing cogent to say about teen scene canoodling. His past is rife with bad decisions, terrible girlfriends and hormonal stupidity.

Isn’t it amazing how Rey and Sharon can have sex when Faith could walk in on them as to Moses not being there when Devon and Amanda are having sex.

I hate couch fucking, even when no one else lives in the house: another complaint about TIIC cheaping out on Y&R set production.

The scenes where bluestocking  Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate got his scanties in a wad because Darvon had Hillary 2.0 overnight boinking with Moses in the condo was ridiculous. Darvon got defensive and Nate Natey Nate Nate immediately backpedaled. 

Darvon doesn't care what sort of example he demonstrates to Moses. The idea of having his ethics questioned is Darvon's main concern. Darvon is certain he knows the right thing to do or say, and is constantly told he's trustworthy and dependable by everyone. No one should dare question his behavior while acting in loco parentis to Moses. Darvon will learn the hard way that Do as I say not as I do certifies his hypocrisy. 

I figured Moses moving in with his bachelor half-brother was going to be a summer of What Not To Do Sex Education. What Sophia was thinking sending her teenage son to Genoa City, without a proper chaperone, is beyond me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

And there's no definitive proof Locke-ness Jr is his son in the first place. 

I don't remember hearing about any DNA test being  done on the kid. Maybe Tararaboomdiay came to GC to utilize the services of the Genoa City DNA Testing and One Hour Martinizing Lasagna Emporium?

• LOL 17
(edited)

Abby, it was already a sad, dull party before the honorees made their unexplained departure. You are not the hostess with the mostess. 😏

Oh geez, again with this "step up" b.s. AFAIC, Y&R wore that concept out back when Phyllis used to harangue Daniel to step up and take custody of his baby from the woman  who had drugged and raped him in order to get pregnant. I thought then as I do now that if the genders were reversed no one be making such demands, at least probably not on a soap opera. Yet.

So were Sharon and Rey sitting on the couch in post-coital...uh, not sure I'd call it bliss. More like resignation. Whatever, don't be in a hurry to unpack your bags, Rey. "For good" in Sharonspeak = "until Adam wants me to drop everything and fulfill his bottomless need for my attention." I give it a week.

Whaaat? Tara drove from NY to WI? Even if the nanny helped with the driving, that's quite a trip. She didn't have any friends who could lend her their private jet on the low? 🤔

Moses likes Faith. Wow, nobody saw that coming! 🙄 But maybe someone should sit him down and tell him about the time his father was temporarily engaged to and cohabitating with Victoria Newman while she was pregnant with another guy's baby. The relationship, such as it was, was never consummated and Neil probably ended up looking more foolish than noble. There's a reason one of Neil's nicknames was Captain Save a Hoe.

Is Amanda (I keep wanting to call her Maya) pretending to be obtuse or does she not know about Illinois politics? It has a history of being rather dirty. Grandpa Snootypants likely was just playing the game according to local rules. (Having someone killed might be a bit extra though unless Sutton was in with the mob.)

Reschedule the engagement party, Jack? Take a hint, my guy. The fates are clearly fed up with those two trust fund brats and their perpetual fetes for failure. Besides, one look at the size of Kyle's bouffant should've told you he's hiding something. It's the perfect distraction. 😼

Christian's old enough to know about Faith's medical crisis. Hmm. Poor kid, having no one but the nanny to comfort him while he plays second fiddle to his daddy's p-whipped urges. 😕

So did Ashland teleport to GC or did Sally call him to let him know Tara was there and he went directly to the airport? Whee!

It's not like Jack doesn't have a whole "surprise" son of his own-- or does Kyle even know that Keemo exists?

Kyle knows. Jack once referred to having more than one son during a convo with Kyle and Kyle didn't act surprised or puzzled. But apparently Keemo cannot be mentioned by name else PB's boxer briefs get in a twist.

@gingerella, I'll have what you're having. That was quite an impressive rant. I was straight up assassinated when I got to "Can't spare a square."

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)

I don't need to watch this show to be entertained, all I have to do is read your all most excellent and hilarious commentary.

You're all on fire today!  Hat off to you all for these and so many more!

9 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So were Sharon and Rey sitting on the couch in post-coital...uh, not sure I'd call it bliss. More like resignation. 

Reschedule the engagement party, Jack? Take a hint, my guy. The fates are clearly fed up with those two trust fund brats and their perpetual fetes for failure. Besides, one look at the size of Kyle's bouffant should've told you he's hiding something. It's the perfect distraction. 😼

@gingerella, I'll have what you're having. That was quite an impressive rant. I was straight up assassinated when I got to "Can't spare a square."

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't remember hearing about any DNA test being  done on the kid. Maybe Tararaboomdiay came to GC to utilize the services of the Genoa City DNA Testing and One Hour Martinizing Lasagna Emporium?

7 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

The amount Tara knows about men would fit into a thimble with room left over. No man wants to hear his wife confess to an affair with a pomaded beach party boytoy.

It's not clear if Locke-ness is concerned that Jr. might be Kyle's child, but he is territorial as a rabid honey badger. And Honey Badger wants to slap the shit out of Kyle, cuz' Honey Badger don't give a shit.

T

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I agree about Drinkki, she looks like 10 lbs. of sausage stuffed into a 5 lb. casing.

8 hours ago, gingerella said:

Tara confessed to Ashland, what a maroon. That poor kid has shit for brains parents now on both sides of his genetic tree. We can only hope Tara leaves him with his nanny long enough that someone else wanders in and takes him away from there. 

Villy, don't care. Can't spare a square. Sack, don't care either. No fucks to be had anywhere, trust me, I've looked high and lo.

Bravo!

I've got very little to add and nothing as good as what you all have posted but....and I hate to say it more than you know, almost as much as if I'm ever in the position to say something halfway decent about ButtBiscuit (which I'm sure will never happen) but I didn't totally loathe Phyllis throughout most of today's episode.  MAN did that hurt to type.....

She dealt with Board Shorts Bro Nick and his indignation that his "little girl" might be hurt by Kyle.  You mean the same "little girl" who bargained a piece of her liver for a piece of Kyle's behind?  THAT "little girl"?  First of all, JM isn't talented enough to be saddled with all these dramatic scenes and he's totally incapable of appearing to be anything but an arrogant and obnoxious putz when he tries to pull the "I'm THE DAD" routine.  It really REALLY grates on me when I see Show or any show giving the nod of approval to that - IMO - eminently sexist "my little girl" bullshit along with "no man is good enough" equally annoying b.s. because it's creepy as hell.  We all know what that's code for and Daddy should get a hobby that doesn't involve fantasizing about said daughter's sex life. Ick.  Especially when he's eager to put his own on display at the drop of a .... let's call it "hat".

Yeah Nick, nobody would want their kid to end up with a guy like YOU.

Show just needs to give us and JM a break.  Send him off to on a body lice detox weekend or something.

So is Show heading towards a Jack and Phyllis reunion of sorts?  Seems that could be happening, with her and Jack sharing a few secrets that Nick isn't privy to.   I hope not.  I still want Jack and Sally to give it another go.  I suspect Show is going to pull out all the stops soon and tell us how horrible and crazy Sally is.  I didn't buy it when they told us over and over how good and noble Adam is and I'm not going to buy them telling us how awful Sally is either.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Tararaboomdiay

That is too perfect. She's about as exciting as mopity-mope-mope Elana. Those two could have a contest to see who could suck the most life out of a room.

I still can't get over the fact that the best the NY socialite could do to get away from the Lochness monster was run to Kyle. Kyle! I really thought she had to be working WITH the Lochness monster to screw with Kyle. This story is so stupit, I don't care what happens next. I know it will be asinine. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

That is too perfect. She's about as exciting as mopity-mope-mope Elana. Those two could have a contest to see who could suck the most life out of a room. 

I had completely forgotten that Elena even existed!  Totally absent from my addled brain, gone as completely as Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate's sense of ethics.

I guess she'll soon reappear, most likely to come between Moses and Faith.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, boes said:

I had completely forgotten that Elena even existed!  Totally absent from my addled brain, gone as completely as Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate's sense of ethics.

I guess she'll soon reappear, most likely to come between Moses and Faith.

Whoa, don't scare me, man! BTW, you win the topic today. Dayum, that was a post to do all Preverts proud.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I’m getting so sick of nutsy Abby and her pregnancy crapola.  Can’t believe she made fun of Mariah with the whole cake business.  If anyone is going all pig out, it’s definitely not Mariah, but to say there might not be any cake left because of the pregnant lady was just wrong. Maybe Mariah will get sick of Abby and tell her that she’s keeping the baby.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

Wow!  The lady in green actually has a name and is not mute.  Since she has dialog, she deserves a raise in pay 😉

Can someone please tell me why, if the party was cancelled, was there more  food and flowers that were not there when the party started? 

Please please please can we get more of Mariah and Tessa. There is more heat in their eye contact than Kyle/Summer, Nostrils/Lily, Rey/Sharon, and Devon/Amanda have while they are in full sex mode. 

Tessa’s outfit could be considered over the top but with Tessa’s frame she wears it very well. I actually like it.  

Foghorn at least showed some merit by standing up to Ashland. The law is on Foghorn’s side beside Tara is not a kidnapper.  

Summer’s selfishness was in full display. Summer doesn’t want Kyle to claim HIS son because she wants Kyle’s attention all for herself. I’m not buying her arguments at all because Ashland can and will keep Harrison away from his mother with tall walls and an electrified fence.  Summer is upset and I couldn’t be happier. 

Nostrils Nostrils Nostrils, your plan would not work. As Lily mentioned, Victor will know who was behind the “fake news” and would be more resolved to strike back. Nostrils would be bringing a knife to a gun fight. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Gah! Can we pleeeeeze get a DNA test? Vyle can claim paternity all he wants but he may not be the father. And if he's not, they just admitted to an affair that Ashland never needed to know about. 

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

Crystal speaks! Boy that must piss off all the viewers who've been hating on her for months. She and the actress who plays Zoe on B&B should get together and form a support group.

Ashland out here looking like a wuss, asking his wife's former lover to tell him where she is. Seems to me he could've hired a team of PIs to find her instead of embarrassing himself in front of Kyle. Is this supposed to make Kyle look like a tough guy by standing up to Ashland? Meh. 😑

Whoa, Tessa was looking kind of ghoulish to me. I'm thinking she might want to consider getting a bit of sun and a pizza or two.

And there's Victoria showing up like a losing lottery ticket. She could've called or texted instead dropping in on Lily and Billy AGAIN.

Wonder how Victoria recognized Ashland's private jet? Does it have his name on it? Perhaps something cutesy like the Master Lock, similar to Malcolm Forbes' jet, the Capitalist Tool.

Yikes, Abby's outfit went from bad to worse with that weird feather jacket. Yo Abby, the disco era called and wants its look back. 😼

Kidnapping. Ehh, Harrison is Tara's child and she's entitled to take him wherever she wants. Guess Ashland is also a catastrophizer. At least Phyllis stood up to him, though afterward she looked to me like she'd tinkled in her pants a little.

No, Kyle, don't step up, step off. Sigh, you're just too desperate to be the hero. 😒

Another chem test for Ashland and Victoria. Nah, I like the idea of Ashland and Phyllis better. But Victoria could use the distraction. She's been single for quite a while now. 🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Yes!  I maybe could enjoy an Ashland/Phyllis story.  Just put Billy back with Victoria and be done with it.  Although Victoria looked good today with the white blouse, dark slacks/skirt/whatever and her hair and makeup were on point.  Best thing...she looked like maybe she had eaten.  Not so feral.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Victoria was being super nice to Abby today. I think this may have been the first time ever that she’s acted like she has a sister. Previously she’s varied between acting like she resents that Abby is a half sibling, thinking of Abby as a rival, or just ignoring her completely. I guess Victoria is lowering her standards these days since she has no one else to hang out with. 

I too was thinking that Ashland and Phyllis should get together to be the ultimate villain super couple. That would be way more interesting than whatever she has going on with Nick. 

I’m a bit surprised that Tara didn’t have an escape plan and rainy day fund for when she might need to leave her husband. I guess show wants us to see her as a victim in an emotionally abusive relationship and all the bad decisions that might follow with that. I’m assuming her husband must have isolated her from family and friends, but surely she could have run to someone other than Kyle. It was just so obvious and that’s why her husband trailed her there so quickly. I definitely think a paternity test needs to be performed before they go any further. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Gah! Can we pleeeeeze get a DNA test? Vyle can claim paternity all he wants but he may not be the father. And if he's not, they just admitted to an affair that Ashland never needed to know about. 

Yeah, and with the way this show has manipulated DNA tests, they could certify that Victor is the father.

• LOL 9
(edited)

I like seeing Summer squirm, but Kyle doesn't need to go public.  If DNA proves he is the father, it should all be handled in divorce/custody court, not the tabloids.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I like seeing Summer squirm, but Kyle doesn't need to go public.  If DNA proves he is the father, it should all be handled in divorce/custody court, not the tabloids.  

Yeah, no one's thinking of that child, Rutherford, or whatever his name is. He'll be drinking tequila and driving a truck in no time.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

Victoria was being super nice to Abby today. I think this may have been the first time ever that she’s acted like she has a sister. Previously she’s varied between acting like she resents that Abby is a half sibling, thinking of Abby as a rival, or just ignoring her completely. I guess Victoria is lowering her standards these days since she has no one else to hang out with. 

It was a nice scene. Who knew mop could be decent to another woman, let alone her own half-sister? I watched in amazement thinking, when did this happen, when did they become friends? And for once mop wasn't acting like a little girl playing grown-up at a tea party. I'm wondering if this was just a one-off or if we'll see mop be decent again? But, sadly mop had to kill the buzz with her convo with the Lockness monster. That scene was embarrassing. I'm rooting for him to totally screw her over. Take off your mommy's shoes, mop, and go play nice with your sister.

• Love 9

I too was thinking that Ashland and Phyllis should get together to be the ultimate villain super couple. That would be way more interesting than whatever she has going on with Nick. 

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh god, yes. 

Victor is an immobile, toothless billionaire, buying wayward Atonal a media weapon; that doesn't sound like a promising pot to stir.

But Ashland and Phyllis roaming the lobby of the Phoenix like apex predators on the African savanna is a good time waiting to happen. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3