Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm hoping that today's little ceremony where Devon had JUST the right thing - bagged, no less! - to make Abby feel better becomes his "thing".  Every time somebody shows up to whine/cry/moan about whatever the hell is wrong, Devon says "Excuse me for a moment", reaches behind the bar and pulls out a package for whoever is messing up his couch with tears.   Sorta like an update of "Queen for a Day" or the "Wizard of Oz".  I can see it being like a Friday cliffhanger sort of thing......who gets a present from Devon TODAY?

Instead of that smelly old sweatshirt Chance sent Abby, I think an anatomically correct blow up doll would have helped more.  I'm ready for Abby to become the Widow Chancellor if Show doesn't get off their behind and recast already.  

Yeah Phyllis, you DO know women who've used their child in what you'd call your romantic escapades and the saner members of humanity call your nutjob gymnastics.  Remember how you used Daniel against Danny and Christine and Daniel WASN'T EVEN HIS KID BECAUSE YOU FAKED THE PATERNITY TEST.  Yes, I'm shouting, she just has the effect on me.....

And you used that Peanut Butter Cup you call Stupor Girl against Sharon and Nick so often it almost qualified for inclusion in the Olympics.

Kyle is pretty low on my list these days but then Show puts in a scene with ButtBiscuit and I realize how relative it all can be.  I honestly don't see why people in Genoa City don't just automatically kick ButtBiscuit in the balls as an alternative to "Hello".  It would save so much time and effort.

It wasn't much in the long run I guess but I loved the interaction between Victoria and Victor today.  There seemed to be such ease and good humor between the actors.

If there really was a woman dressed like Sally waltzing around a small, southern Wisconsin town, by now there would be bus tours from the surrounding states just to get a look.  Folks would make a day of it.  Toss in a Phyllis sighting and the tourist board would be forced to step in.

Escapees from the Baraboo Clown College locked ward wouldn't warrant a second look the way Sally would.  She really should want more than anything else to get OUT of there.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 19
  • Love 5

I detest Sally, both the character and the actress.  I cannot watch her when she speaks because her lip gyrations drive me crazy.  Does she do that as a part of her acting or is it just her?  And what person in their right mind dresses in a shiny gray coffin liner?

Can anyone explain why she’s trying to pull all this crap on Dummer?  It just doesn’t make sense. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Toss in a Phyllis sighting and the tourist board would be forced to step in.

Speaking of whom, guess herself really, really likes this look:

sUVROPd.jpg60P1PD7.jpg

Now all she has to do is buy a couple more of these dresses in red and white and she'll be set for all four seasons! 🥺

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, boes said:

I can see it being like a Friday cliffhanger sort of thing......who gets a present from Devon TODAY?

That's hysterical. It would actually be more interesting than everything they have going on now.

2 hours ago, boes said:

Instead of that smelly old sweatshirt Chance sent Abby, I think an anatomically correct blow up doll would have helped more.  I'm ready for Abby to become the Widow Chancellor if Show doesn't get off their behind and recast already.  

I'm just glad it wasn't another stinky airport candle and other duty free souvenirs - a bottle of Kahlua, a keychain that says Abby and a shower cap from a hotel..

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3

I couldn't help but wonder today if Elena caused or otherwise anticipated Nate's allergy thing.  I know, what's really different than normal, but I swear she had that knowing, psycopathic look on her face for a few moments.  

No Chance leaves a sweatshirt of his for when Abby REALLY has the sadz?  What a tool.  Devon should have just called an audible and switched the gift.  

It feels like Sally is now almost bullying Tara into the stupid plot.  I hope they both have separate cons that they're running and get away with it.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, JNavarro said:

No Chance leaves a sweatshirt of his for when Abby REALLY has the sadz?  What a tool.   

If only Show had the guts to go all the way with that schmoopy "the comforting scent of the man I love" crap and let Abby open that package and out falls Chance's jockstrap and cup.

Let's see Abby needlepoint that!

• LOL 16
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

6/16:

Is Imani sticking around to bond with Amanda or is she sticking around to bond with Nate.  I can see why Amanda has a chip on her shoulder but she also has to be able to see that other people’s lives are not all unicorns and rainbows.  In some ways, growing up with the Ames family could have been worse than growing up in foster care.  Case in point, be afraid of Sutton be very afraid. 

At this point I think Imani is playing several hands: Reporting back to Sutton on what Hillary 2.0 digs up on Richard's murder, batting her eyes at Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate for fun and information on Hillary 2.0. If it turns out Imani's interest in Hillary 2.0 is genuine, good, but so far the Ames family has been antagonistic and less than forthcoming from jump.

Sutton is manipulative and a liar, and may wield a some local power and influence, but attacking Hillary 2.0, while under indictment for Richard's murder would be a major misstep, leaving him open to another murder investigation..

6/17:

No Moses, both at the hospital and clinic you are a volunteer no matter what you say.  Moses, you volunteer at the hospital and clinic and you don’t know what an Eppy Pen is. What the fuck were you doing beside keeping Faith company. 

Moses having his assumed pre-med knowledge brought low by a common allergic reaction and the use of an EpiPen was the learning experience he needed. I've been uncomfortable with his roaming around the hospital, talking openly about patient information, prying in other's health/personal issues and having a lack of social boundaries simply because he's got the personal backing of Darvon and Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate, and is an annoying precocious Soap teenager pursuing a medical career.

He's a nice kid, but too intrusive, presuming everything is his business. Back up, Doogie.

Can someone please explain to me why Chance, after being banished from Y&R, actually gets more “airtime” than Mariah and Tessa?  

It's cheaper to talk about Chance/talk on the phone to Chance than actually recast an actor?

It's also cheaper to have Tessa pretend she's on tour, and Mariah show up periodically with a larger baby bump, playing Abby's incubator off-stage

Mariah and Tessa deserve a story of their own, instead of propping Abby's Baby Rabies.

Moments of insecurity Summer?  Your moments last for weeks, months, and even years.  Is there anyone or anything that Foghorn doesn’t pass judgement on. In Foghorn’s knowing of “woman like that” is because she is one.

Dumber's insecurities are a huge target being jabbed at by everyone.

Kyle is blinkered to Dumber's uncertainties by having his new fatherhood curried by Tara and Jack; neither of the smug engaged couple are talking directly to each other about Locke Jr/Tara being members of their future marriage.

Jack is enamored with Locke Jr as a grandchild and isn't much help to her: he has his own concerns about Tara, but isn't speaking up --  Is Jack having her investigated? Maybe.

Tara is polite and unflappable, pretending to be supportive of the engagement and wedding plans; there's a sharpness to their conversations and underlying possessiveness Tara has taken on at the Abbott Mansion. 

And now Phyllis is questioning if Dumber's reasons for moving ahead with the wedding is because she's afraid of Locke Jr/Tara; being Phyllis is the Tara of another Y&R generation, using her children Daniel and Dumber as weapons against her romantic rivals, it's a legitimate question.

Nate Nate Nate, going on about how great of a doctor Elena is and that he owes her his life.  Hey Nate, a Society server or bartender could have stuck an Eppy Pen in you and saved your life.

Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate is an ass. Elena has a better career opportunity, with more money, and now he's decided he'll forgive her trespasses and wants her to stay in Genoa City so he can bore her with more self-righteous lectures about what's important to him. 

<snore>

Elena's a wet blanket and a bore, and there's no there there with Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate. 

Why bother?

Show has too many women characters and not enough eligible males to go around. Let Elena go to Baltimore and chem test the dull doctor with someone else.

Imani is sniffing around Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate, but I'd like to see her grey character with Atonal. Neither of them have any scruples or illusions that social rules are only made to be broken, so when Atonal get's fed up with pretending his neuroses don't need to be regularly exercised, he and Imani would make a dynamic couple ... And Sharon would jump on her MyPolar tricycle and ride it around town again.

As far as the executor is concerned, they can be in charge of Harrison’s well being but Harrison and Tara are still a package deal and do you thing that Tara will live alone while Harrison gets a fancy house, a made/cook, a nanny, food etc without Tara’s participation?  Tara will probably get a car to take Harrison to play dates, the park, doctors appointment, etc. Tara probably won’t get health insurance or her cloths paid for but Kyle or Jack will take up the slack. Believe me, Tara is not going to be a bag lady anytime soon. 

Locke-ness would arrange for the executor to stand between Tara and Locke Jr, controlling everything. Tara would have to account for everything spent within her time with Locke Jr. The estate would own/lease the car, Tara would be only a passenger and have to account for use/devaluation/time/gas/mileage/food/entertainment/etc. Her personal life would be closely monitored to keep riff raff, like herself, away from Locke Jr.

Tara would have her own home/living space and support herself, paying the estate for room and board (if she lives with Locke Jr). She receives no compensation from the estate, except that proven to have been spent directly on Locke Jr.

It would be strict charter accounting for the estate; analyzing financial activity information, recording transactions, producing financial statements, estate management and monitoring all assets, insurances, licensing, liabilities, inventory, taxes and other records -- And Tara would have to comply with the executor and accountant demands, or have her time monitored by a third party. 

It could prove to be a logistical nightmare for Tara to comply with the prohibitions, considering she was free to spend money as she wished as Locke-ness' wife. But Tara will land on her feet. Observe how neatly and the speed she had Kyle and Jack defending her honor and maternal claims. With Locke-ness cutting Tara off, the expectation is that she will continue to use Kyle and Jack's inability to see past Locke Jr to avoid close analysis of how completely Tara has insinuated herself into their lives. Kyle and Jack, by encouraging Lauren, have already made an open-ended offer to feature Tara's failing shoe line at Fenmore's. Tara will have access to plenty of Abbott money when it becomes their idea.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Why oh why does Kyle think he has a right to being part of every single conversation between Ashland and Tara about THEIR divorce?!  It has nothing to do with him.  Kyle even jumps in with his damned comments.  

Harrison is another separate discussion between the 3 of them but has Kyle any legal right yet to any say whatsoever other than a paternity test done recently?  

Kyle looks like Woody Woodpecker with that bouffant hair do profile!

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

And now Phyllis is questioning if Dumber's reasons for moving ahead with the wedding is because she's afraid of Locke Jr/Tara; being Phyllis is the Tara of another Y&R generation, using her children Daniel and Dumber as weapons against her romantic rivals, it's a legitimate question.

Wasn't this exactly why Dummer change her mind and go ahead with planning the wedding?  As I (sorta) remember it, didn't she postpone the wedding because Nick and Phyllis and others told her that it would be a good move to wait till all the dust settled around Kyle's new kid and assorted stuff?  Then after announcing the postponement (at the Abbott house with Nick, Phyllis and Jack in attendance) didn't Dummer go around town soliciting advice until she finally found someone - Abby - who told her to embrace her deep insecurities and "follow her gut" and go ahead with the marriage so she could "claim her man", something like that?  

I love Abby - inexplicably sometimes - but taking advice from her on relationships would be like getting personal hygiene tips from Nick.

So isn't this the second time we've sat through this same storyline in less than two weeks??

Anyone who is waiting breathlessly for Kyle and Dumer's latest wedding, raise your hand and I'll give you a stiff drink.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

Why oh why does Kyle think he has a right to being part of every single conversation between Ashland and Tara about THEIR divorce?!  It has nothing to do with him.  Kyle even jumps in with his damned comments.  

I think Ashland and Tara are deliberately including Kyle in those conversations because they're drawing him in to their web/trap. Even though I hate what it would do to Jack, I so hope Harrison is not Kyle's kid and this has all been long con by the Lockes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
38 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Ashland and Tara are deliberately including Kyle in those conversations because they're drawing him in to their web/trap. Even though I hate what it would do to Jack, I so hope Harrison is not Kyle's kid and this has all been long con by the Lockes.

Yes to this!  That is the only way I could get any interest in this story.  If this is a con, they all deserve it, even Jack.  What idiots...not ordering your own paternity test; taking in the faded blonde and adorable kid and making an instant family.  Poor Harrison...neither gene pool is anything to brag about at this point.  Especially Kyle.  Actually, he would be a perfect match for Elena...both with the perennial sad faces.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Yes to this!  That is the only way I could get any interest in this story.  If this is a con, they all deserve it, even Jack.  What idiots...not ordering your own paternity test; taking in the faded blonde and adorable kid and making an instant family.  Poor Harrison...neither gene pool is anything to brag about at this point.  Especially Kyle.  Actually, he would be a perfect match for Elena...both with the perennial sad faces.  

Kyle and Elena Super Vortex Of Suck.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Ok, splain dis to me Lucy.  In this day and age of iPhones, why don’t any of these howler monkeys whip out the phone and record what the bad actors are threatening?  Dummer really is a minus 10 IQ if she doesn’t provide proof to Lord Pomp that Tara the Terrible is threatening her.  Oh, I forgot.  They changed the name of Genoa City to Amoeba Village.  

For me, this show has become totally unwatchable.  I have no interest in any of the Locke folk, Sally aka Hagar the Horrible, or Abby who’s legs look flamingo size. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't think Tara would be able to keep up the act for that long! 😂😂 That being said, I don't get how she'd be able to keep Harrison's 'true paternity' to herself. If this isn't a long con, she probably just suspected Kyle was the father or thought it might be possible after Greasy Theo mentioned it.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Couldn't agree with you more. I thought I would vomit today while Jack and Kyle stood around reinforcing every patriarchal trope that's ever come down the pike. Had to wonder how excited they would be about Kyle's love child if the gender was female? At this point he just seems a prop to their male egos. "Poor Harrison" is such an appropriate observation. Ashton is maybe one degree short of being a warlock, and his soon-to-be ex-wife is nothing less than a witch... and his potential stepmother Summer is going to run off to Italy so Kyle and Jack's feelings aren't hurt, with no regard for leaving an innocent child in the midst of this dysfunction. Seems like everybody is fighting over this child, but no one is fighting for him.

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, boes said:

10 hours ago, boes said:

Wasn't this exactly why Dummer changed her mind and go ahead with planning the wedding? As I (sorta) remember it, didn't she postpone the wedding because Nick and Phyllis and others told her that it would be a good move to wait till all the dust settled around Kyle's new kid and assorted stuff?  Then after announcing the postponement (at the Abbott house with Nick, Phyllis and Jack in attendance) didn't Dummer go around town soliciting advice until she finally found someone - Abby - who told her to embrace her deep insecurities and "follow her gut" and go ahead with the marriage so she could "claim her man", something like that?  

Yup.

I called it Dumber Takes a Genoa City Poll -- The first polling group was against the timing/the Groom of the wedding, and the wedding was canceled until things with Jr were sorted. The second polling group says Dumber shouldn't let Jr get in the way of what Dumber wants, which boosts Dumber's fragile ego and the wedding plans are back on.

Dumber's insecurities are still floating on the surface for anyone to take potshots at, but Dumber is dumb that way. She can playact the Smarter/Meaner/Sexxxier Than Thou for five minutes, then the façade crumbles and she's back to pouting and Boo fucking Hooing she's the cheese standing alone. Love, such as it is practiced by Dumber, isn't the problem; Dumber can fuck with the best of them and call it love. It's the baggage of being used as a a tool by Phyllis to get what Phyllis wanted and, in this situation, outside forces on their own mission.

Tara presenting the Marcetti job offer with the threat of taking Jr. away from Kyle (making sure Kyle is aware it's because Dumber is resentful of Jr and Tara must "protect her son") was an unexpected tack of the sails (not particularly subtle, but this is standard JG methodology; why use a fly swatter when a mortar will have similar results). <shrug> Sally's out for her pound of flesh. Tara removing her "Gracious Lady" costume to make clear to Dumber she has underestimated Tara's treachery to get what she wants or crush Kyle and Jack, was mediocre drama for a Friday.

The thing unsaid was that Tara's has a paternity card up her sleeve that makes any arguments the Abbott's have to retain access of Jr. moot. 

I love Abby - inexplicably sometimes - but taking advice from her on relationships would be like getting personal hygiene tips from Nick.

I want to empathize with Abby's NotAMarriage to Invisible Chance, but I met my limit when she decided to video every waking minute of the gestation.

Mariah is starting to do the Baby Bump Cup ...

9028086-6636233-Ultimate_Accessory_Megha

Gak!

So isn't this the second time we've sat through this same storyline in less than two weeks??

Yes.

How many times has Dumber vacillated between an entire alphabet of possible choices in as many situations and then regretted all of them?

It's a wonder how she manages to not put her thong on backwards, forced to take a daily poll if she should take it off and turn it around.

Anyone who is waiting breathlessly for Kyle and Dumer's latest wedding, raise your hand and I'll give you a stiff drink.

Too late.

I'm sitting in the Lido pool bar, drunk as a monkey on Mojitos.

20191031-mojitos-three-ways-delish-ehg-2

Join me.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Tara reminded me of Mrs. Danvers today. "Go ahead and jump. Just do it. You won't feel anything and then this all will be over."

Maybe her next move is to pull out some of Kyle's underoos and say to Dummer, " "Did you ever see anything so delicate. Look, you can see my hand through it.  He had all his pullups made by blind nuns in France....... He IS a big kid now."

Puuuushaw on Abby's old sweatshirt from Chance.

I'm with Tara - Jump, Dummer, no-one wants you here".

Though considering the acting, it might be more appropriate to check out some Abbott and  Costello films.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Tara reminded me of Mrs. Danvers today. "Go ahead and jump. Just do it. You won't feel anything and then this all will be over."

Yes!  Mrs. Danvers! That’s it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Woman to woman, Tara to Summer, Summer doesn’t have a chance. In matching whits, Summer is a lightweight. Summer couldn’t even match whits with Katie. The only way Summer even has a chance is under Foghorn wing.  Summer thinks she has the upper hand but does she?  Tara has a Royal Flush against Summer’s Ace high.  I’m team Tara because she’s the lesser of two evils.  If Summer tells Kyle about Tara’s threat and Tara is confronted by Kyle, Tara could say that she was testing Summer’s love for Kyle and that Summer won’t keep Kyle away from Harrison. 

Judge Nikki is at it again. Nikki has no business judging anyone or anything else without viewing her inner self.  Nikki is in the same realm as Foghorn though Foghorn is the supreme leader. 

Could Kyle suck anymore as a protective gushing father.  As much as I don’t see chemistry between Kyle and Summer, I don’t see a father son connection between Kyle and Harrison. 

Victor took advantage of Ashland’s heart attack to get him to sign the contract and now Olive Oyl is sort of taking advantage of Ashland to merge companies something he would never of thought of if he wasn’t “dying”. Ashland didn’t sell the media company to Olive but now he thinks that Olive may be capable of running his bigger empire?  Olive’s ego is writing checks that her ability can’t cash. Olive just about can handle NE but Ashland’s empire together with NE would kill her.  

Even with Mariah getting airtime, she had to share it with the ghost of Chance but fittingly Chance may now be a real ghost. If so, the ghost will still be hanging around for weeks haunting Abby and us. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Jack and Kyle, self-aggrandizement is not a good look. Leave that to the Newmans. 🤨

There's the huge flaw in Sally's plan. Right now Tara is the last person Summer would take career advice from, especially if it would require Summer to move away from Kyle.

Oh my, Nina's boobs entered the room several minutes before the rest of her did. She must've been wearing an impressive foundation garment. No shade, I see her as a woman of substance in more ways than one.

I can't believe Ashland graciously submitted to a grilling by Nikki and Victor. Between the three of them, Nikki, Victoria, and Victor have had how many failed marriages and relationships? Victoria is hardly a delicate flower whose honor must be protected. Maybe Ashland is positioning Victoria to stand with him against her parents. Divide and conquer.

Leslie Brooks is one of the finest interpreters of Chopin. Good to know. 🙄

Um, Tara? You okay, hon? That's quite a threat to throw at someone whose mother and grandmother are known killers, and whose grandfather could have you disappeared to a remote island in another hemisphere. Victor's got "Doppelgängers R Us" on speeddial. 😮

Whee, Ashland's like, "Come upstairs and get this," and Victoria's like, "'K. Oops, are those my panties on the floor?" The former Ice Queen has melted and is now putty in his hands. #yaymixedmetaphors

But Abby, Chance doesn't really have a baby on the way. Just sayin'. 😐 Anyhoo, seems to me Christine asking questions about Chance while he's undercover could put him at greater risk. It's absurd enough that he's been calling Abby even via burner phones.

A merger. Alrighty then. All Ashland did was let Victoria think it was her idea. Bet Locke Communications is laden with hidden debt and is on the verge of bankruptcy. Bonus points if LC's debt is owned by Asian organized crime organizations or Eastern European oligarchs. He'll take the money and run and leave NE with a highly problematic new addition to its portfolio, unless TGVN figures it out and stops Victoria at the last minute.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Well, the actress playing Tara wishes she could be anything close to Judith Anderson, but yes. I agree with you. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Leslie Brooks is one of the finest interpreters of Chopin. Good to know. 🙄

Not only is she great at chopin', but you should see her at dicin'.  And she can make a salad spinner SING!

Off topic but she's also tops at making liszt's too.  Never forgets a thing.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2021 at 9:29 PM, KLovestoShop said:

I detest Sally, both the character and the actress.  I cannot watch her when she speaks because her lip gyrations drive me crazy.  Does she do that as a part of her acting or is it just her?  And what person in their right mind dresses in a shiny gray coffin liner?

Can anyone explain why she’s trying to pull all this crap on Dummer?  It just doesn’t make sense. 

Remember Sharon's coffin liner dress when Rey was in the hospital.

10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

&

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

A merger. Alrighty then. All Ashland did was let Victoria think it was her idea. Bet Locke Communications is laden with hidden debt and is on the verge of bankruptcy. Bonus points if LC's debt is owned by Asian organized crime organizations or Eastern European oligarchs. He'll take the money and run and leave NE with a highly problematic new addition to its portfolio, unless TGVN figures it out and stops Victoria at the last minute.

Nah, this might be GOOD.

Also why giant companies can't be sold of merged without investigations and studies and years. This show has multi-nationals being bought and sold like day-old bread. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 6/18/2021 at 2:19 AM, boes said:

If only Show had the guts to go all the way with that schmoopy "the comforting scent of the man I love" crap and let Abby open that package and out falls Chance's jockstrap and cup.

Let's see Abby needlepoint that!

Uh huh...could've enjoyed that, actually.

And actually, part 2, when Devon did the gift-intro, then went behind the couch, I was actually, part 3, afraid he'd come out with a complementary unit of spooge.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2021 at 10:18 PM, JNavarro said:

I couldn't help but wonder today if Elena caused or otherwise anticipated Nate's allergy thing.  I know, what's really different than normal, but I swear she had that knowing, psycopathic look on her face for a few moments.  

No Chance leaves a sweatshirt of his for when Abby REALLY has the sadz?  What a tool.  Devon should have just called an audible and switched the gift.  

Who orders crab cakes in Wisconsin?  They were either made of fake crab that Nate didn't know he was allergic to or he knew he was allergic and wanted Elena to save him and fall in love with him so that she wouldn't run off to the land of real crab cakes. The writers sure are sappy. 

I doubt Chance took his entire wardrobe with him on his spyventure.  Abby could have pulled clothing to sniff out of his dresser or closet months ago. Why are TPTB wasting Camryn Grimes' talent in this stupid storyline?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

Who orders crab cakes in Wisconsin?  They were either made of fake crab that Nate didn't know he was allergic to or he knew he was allergic and wanted Elena to save him and fall in love with him so that she wouldn't run off to the land of real crab cakes. 

Yeah, I wonder if the writers originally went with crayfish (which allegedly are found in Lake Michigan) but that got edited during filming. Maybe crab cakes seemed classier than crayfish or something.

What I still can't get over is that Moses had no idea what an epipen is. Surely during his years in school he had at least one classmate with a peanut or other food allergy who had to carry one. I get that the writers might be concerned about Moses looking like the Y&R version of Wesley Crusher but to have him just be completely befuddled was weird to me. I hope the spumors aren't true that the character is being written out because I think he can be fixed. Just let him act like a normal kid instead of some kind of role model.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

What I still can't get over is that Moses had no idea what an epipen is. Surely during his years in school he had at least one classmate with a peanut or other food allergy who had to carry one. I get that the writers might be concerned about Moses looking like the Y&R version of Wesley Crusher but to have him just be completely befuddled was weird to me. I hope the spumors aren't true that the character is being written out because I think he can be fixed. Just let him act like a normal kid instead of some kind of role model.

He's certainly no worse than the rest of the "talent" on Show. I think he could be a very good character if they gave him more to do than wander the halls of GC Memorial or whatever it's called like a weird ghost.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I wonder if the writers originally went with crayfish (which allegedly are found in Lake Michigan) but that got edited during filming. Maybe crab cakes seemed classier than crayfish or something. 

I grew up on the Mississippi in an Iowan town - Dubuque - across the river from where Wisconsin and Illinois meet.  We used to trap and bring home crayfish from the Mississippi, though mostly from the more sluggish, swampy inlets around the river.  I know they could be eaten (even though they're tiny) but I never remember my mother or any of my friends mother's saying anything other than "get those things OUT OF MY HOUSE" and nobody I ever knew ate them.  But at least we always had cheese and delicious baked goods.

Life Among the Savages was fun!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I get that the writers might be concerned about Moses looking like the Y&R version of Wesley Crusher but to have him just be completely befuddled was weird to me. I hope the spumors aren't true that the character is being written out because I think he can be fixed. Just let him act like a normal kid instead of some kind of role model.

Between going to school, interning at the hospital, interning at ChanceCom, interning at Newman Enterprises, interning at Cerexorcists, make-up testing at Jabot, helping Faith with her homework and being an international chess champion, that kid doesn't even have time to fart.

How he didn't know what an epipen was was unfathomable.

Other than all that, he seems fine and I feel like I haven't even had a chance to get to know him yet. I have high hopes for Neil's son and want him to be a good addition to the show.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, boes said:

I grew up on the Mississippi in an Iowan town - Dubuque - across the river from where Wisconsin and Illinois meet.  We used to trap and bring home crayfish from the Mississippi, though mostly from the more sluggish, swampy inlets around the river.  I know they could be eaten (even though they're tiny) but I never remember my mother or any of my friends mother's saying anything other than "get those things OUT OF MY HOUSE" and nobody I ever knew ate them.  But at least we always had cheese and delicious baked goods.

Life Among the Savages was fun!

And believe me, you are NOT going to eat anything that swims in Lake Ontario anywhere near Toronto. C'mon there, boes, you remember the polio scares? My mother could do 20 minutes on the paralysis that would ensue if I so much as put a toe into the lake, much less ate anything out of it. I still don't.

Now, speaking of crabs [the gustatory kind], I'm going to assume that GC in its purported sophistication has access to fresh crab, frozen crab, canned crab, and so on. We certainly do--the fresher it is, the more expensive it is, but there's no problem finding it. Farmed crayfish available here too.

But no eating anything out of Lake Ontario.

p.s. I have no scruples about eating Lake Erie perch, and Erie visually looks much dirtier than Lake Ontario--go figure.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I grew up on the shores of Lake Washington and there was a guy had strung crab pots from a downtown Bellevue park all the way the the East Channel Bridge. We used dive off the big boat dock at the beach and swim out and raid his pots. We got crawdads that were probably about a pound each. There were brick barbecues on the beach and we'd get our mom's to loan us cooking pots and we'd have dandy crawdad boils. They're very good eating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Between going to school, interning at the hospital, interning at ChanceCom, interning at Newman Enterprises, interning at Cerexorcists, make-up testing at Jabot, helping Faith with her homework and being an international chess champion, that kid doesn't even have time to fart.

Other than all that, he seems fine and I feel like I haven't even had a chance to get to know him yet. I have high hopes for Neil's son and want him to be a good addition to the show.

Ha! And yes, we need some kids we can root for on this godforsaken show now.

I hate stupid story lines. Here's what Dummer should have done upon immediately leaving Jabot Manor::

Called Kyle and told him she has something very serious to discuss with him and Jack and that they should take Harrison and meet her at a secure location - somewhere that Scrubbie cannot get to - ASAP. Then she should have met them there and told them exactly what Scrubbie said, so they can call their lawyers to alert them to Scrubbie's possible absconding with the kidlet. Period. End of story. I HATE these stupid story lines like now Dummy is going to go to Italy because Kid Pompadour is too stupid to figure out what's going down. All he and Jack have to do is to tell Ashhole about this scheme and team up with him and Scrubbie is toast.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

The more I see Abby and Nina, the stupider this Chance story gets. I’m sick of Abby acting like a 13 year old girl and Nina encouraging this behavior. Please put an end to this absurd plot.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

The more I see Abby and Nina, the stupider this Chance story gets. I’m sick of Abby acting like a 13 year old girl and Nina encouraging this behavior. Please put an end to this absurd plot.

Mariah, hurry up and pop that kidlet out so you can get away from these insipid idiots and have a decent S/L

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Mariah, hurry up and pop that kidlet out so you can get away from these insipid idiots and have a decent S/L

OMG, do NOT get me started on this drivel! And what in gods name was Nina wearing yesterday and who hates her guts in wardrobe, because that? Was a monstrosity that exceeds any fashion Don'ts that Drinkki has doned.  I mean, who in their right mind thinks that taking a WIDE belt and wrapping it directly under the large tits of a plus sized woman is a good fucking idea? Nobody, that's who! You don't need a degree from F.I.T. to understand that shit, you just need a pair of EYES that work and a little compassion for trying to dress a woman's body and not just slap an outfit on her and call it a day. But then again, this is the 'wardrobe experts' who make Drinkki look like a sausage regularly, and who decided to bedeck everyone in sequins one week because, yanno, they have no taste whatsoever.

And then there's the story line shit, with Miranda being all "OMG I told you the sex of the baaaaaaybeeee!' and Nina being all, "Oh, we were just saying 'oh boy', like, yanno?!?" These three aren't fit to birth a child let alone raise one together. I mean Miranda maaaaybe, but Nina and ScAbby? Hard no people, hard No!

The ONLY snippet of show that's surprisingly interesting is Mop trying to abscond with AshHole Industries. Color me hugely surprised over that shit nugget?!? Mop gets off on fucking over people, guess she didn't fall too far from the Daddy tree after all. But is it me, or does anyone else thing Ashhole is faking his demise?

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
On 6/18/2021 at 2:23 PM, peacheslatour said:

Haha! This is an incredible read of Tara. Her creepy low tone and reptilian expressions added to the weirdness of this scene.

Really hoping for an Ashland/Tara con too. I sort of like Victoria's energy with Locke -- she seems almost... alive.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

13 hours ago, gingerella said:

There's no Teen Scene Bikini Bingo anymore -- We need Charlie and Mattie Ashby back on deck, with Reed Hellstrom to round out the Faith and Moses romance.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Um...isn't Reed her cousin?

I didn't mean Reed hit on Faith -- Bring Reed back to add another youngster at the non-existent Teen Scene. Reed's sudden disappearance from Show and rare mention is weird. And it's the same with Lily's lack of interest in Charlie and Mattie.

Faith and Moses, without other young people to mix it up, is leaning toward tedious.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I didn't mean Reed hit on Faith -- Bring Reed back to add another youngster at the non-existent Teen Scene. Reed's sudden disappearance from Show and rare mention is weird. And it's the same with Lily's lack of interest in Charlie and Mattie.

Faith and Moses, without other young people to mix it up, is leaning toward tedious.

I thought they were gonna go with a Romeo and Juliet sort of thing, with Banana Breath grunting his disapproval while he scratches his nethers.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 6/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, gingerella said:

I hate stupid story lines. Here's what Dummer should have done upon immediately leaving Jabot Manor::

Called Kyle and told him she has something very serious to discuss with him and Jack and that they should take Harrison and meet her at a secure location - somewhere that Scrubbie cannot get to - ASAP. Then she should have met them there and told them exactly what Scrubbie said, so they can call their lawyers to alert them to Scrubbie's possible absconding with the kidlet. Period. End of story. I HATE these stupid story lines like now Dummy is going to go to Italy because Kid Pompadour is too stupid to figure out what's going down. All he and Jack have to do is to tell Ashhole about this scheme and team up with him and Scrubbie is toast.

Yeah "Smart as they Come"  isn't going to do Anything Smart and isn't the actress in a long delayed pilot or show that sounds awful. It sounds like she's going to another show so men can leer at her. "Look,Boobies!"

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Um...isn't Reed her cousin?

since almost everyone is related the dating pool is a puddle

5 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I had hopes for the clinic boy who was trying to save the family business and stay out of foster care by pretending to b 18. I thought Nate might take him in ala Neil/Devon like most promising stories on this show it vanished

• Love 4