Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Baby Steps

Kohola3
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder where their LIV Water business fits in all of this.  It's another MLM scheme which periodically show up in an episode.  They made a few references to it in early shows, then when Truely lay dying of dehydration, he flippantly told Aspyn to give her some Liv Water. 

Although it was never mentioned on the show, that was the pretext that the catfish used when she first approached Meri, interested in her boss "Sam" becoming a distributor.  How utterly dumb and naive of Meri to think that a multi-millionaire would be interested in an MLM sideline.

I missed it but someone here noticed a bottle of this product sitting on one of the kitchen counters in a scene a few weeks ago.

Maybe the product is produced off-shore or maybe Kody has dreams of developing this into an international biz.

What is LIV water? I haven’t heard of that one...

• Love 1

Though I have no evidence to support my suspicions, I've always pictured Kody's full time job as making big storyboards with ideas for show topics.  All day every day he works on his story boards.  He intersperses this with calls to TLC to see if he can scrounge up money for different scenarios (wedding, gender reveal, family trip to Hawaii).  He has giant if/then flowcharts on white boards posted around his dinner table.  When he finalizes a possible plot, he sends out emails to the each of the wives on what their part in the story line will be.  I picture Janelle as the banker.  She tracks the family money and who draws what from the pot.  She has her conference calls with Kody frequently to discuss money.  She has to keep him in line about how much each story line activity will cost - like all the trips to Maddie's house etc.  Meri has no part in the fambly business.  She's on a need to know basis, and is only emailed a quick meeting invite with a time/date to show up.  Robyn's job is to listen to Kody's possibly story lines and hid the giant white boards when filming is about to happen at their home.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Kody used to work for YESCO, a Utah-based electric sign and digital billboard company that maintains some iconic neon signage in Vegas.

In the olden days while Christine tended the first kidlets and Janelle worked a 40-hour week for the state of Utah, Meri took time off from her job at the trophy and engraving shop to travel with Kody when he worked his billboard territory (in Montana and Wyoming IIRC).

On the road, no time clock, bullshitting the local yokels.

Clearly those were his "I'm a closer" glory days with his entitled bottom bitch by his side, making it up as they went along. 

They both deserve every bit of shit they're going through now. Karma.

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Yep.   That was Robyn's reason for being a night owl. She said that because Kody's business crossed time zones, his hours were dictated by that and she stayed up for him.  He must be doing business overseas because hours of commerce in the eastern US would require him to be up earlier, not later.

Kody has a business? I haven't heard mention of it since about season 3 when he got a "bonus" convertible from his job to drive his wives on dates with.

• Love 1

The most recent mention was when Meri was asking for money for a down on the B&B. 

There was an anticipated sum of $20,000 (?) that turned out to be a loss after he conferred with his "partner."

They were middlemen for some type of bulk product, I don't remember what it was but I'm wild-guessing it was something grift-y.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Roslyn said:

And Robyn isn't letting go of those girls (or Dayton for that matter) until SHE is ready or they have Robyn approved spouses.

Hmmmm, although I agree with you on Robyn not letting go of Dayton easily, I believe that she'll willingly jettison the girls when she gets the chance.  Perhaps not as quickly as Christine when she cuts the cord on her own kids, but Robyn will get them up and out of the nest.  Once she's done raising the kids then she can be done with Kootie, if she so chooses.  Just a hunch that I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm correct in my assessment, or not.  😊

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Spelling
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Hmmmm, although I agree with you on Robyn not letting go of Dayton easily, I believe that she'll willingly jettison the girls when she gets the chance.  Perhaps not as quickly as Christine when she cuts the cord on her own kids, but Robyn will get them up and out of the nest.  Once she's done raising the kids then she can be done with Kootie, if she so chooses.  Just a hunch that I'm looking forward to ser if I'm correct un my assessment, or not.  😊

Robyn has to have a man support her.  How in the world could she support herself?

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn has to have a man support her.  How in the world could she support herself?

She'll take him and that family for all she can get, and then write a tell-all book for the rest.  Ergo the million-dollar home and sticking her name on any property that she can.

I'm counting on Robyn to supply us with the rest of the catfish tale in her tell-all.  She had a hand in the creation of that fiasco, I'm willing to wager.  Meri didn't even see her coming.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

She'll take him and that family for all she can get, and then write a tell-all book for the rest.  Ergo the million-dollar home and sticking her name on any property that she can.

I'm counting on Robyn to supply us with the rest of the catfish tale in her tell-all.  She had a hand in the creation of that fiasco, I'm willing to wager.  Meri didn't even see her coming.  

Well the economy is collapsing with the pandemic and TLC might not renew their contract - and they have zip in equity.  Alimony is hardly ever awarded any more and she's not going to get much in the way of child support.  Can't get blood from a turnip, and heaven knows, Kody is a turnip!  She would probably lose the house, too.

I could see her writing a book, but hard to say how well it would sell.  It's no Harry Potter.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Alimony is hardly ever awarded any more and she's not going to get much in the way of child support. 

Especially when it comes out that (as most of us believe) her oldest 3 were never legally adopted.  The MOST Kody got was some type of legal guardianship so he could claim them on taxes.  If he and Robyn break up, he'll dissolve that guardianship faster than lightning.  

So he'd only have to pay child support for Sol and Ariwhatshername.  And then he'll suddenly be interested in talking to the judge about any the other kids he has fathered who are under 21, so the judge will (hopefully) lower the legal child support obligation to Robyn.

'Bout time to reopen that closet, Robyn.  LOL.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well the economy is collapsing with the pandemic and TLC might not renew their contract - and they have zip in equity.  Alimony is hardly ever awarded any more and she's not going to get much in the way of child support.  Can't get blood from a turnip, and heaven knows, Kody is a turnip!  She would probably lose the house, too.

I could see her writing a book, but hard to say how well it would sell.  It's no Harry Potter.

I would pay for the Audible version of that tome just to get an up-close view inside the Queen of Darkness' mind, but I'm a little insane that way. Sure would make the miles go faster on the road.  😛

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But...she is already a New York Times Bestselling author !!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

One of the most infuriating things about Meri is that she takes incredible, unbelievable stands about something she has done and dares a person to perceive what they know to be the truth. 

"I don'ttt understand, I don'ttt know whattt you mean, where is thattt coming from, who is saying thattt," etc etc with a totally blank look on her face. 

GASLIGHTING to the nth degree! 

FFS at least have the ovaries to face the music, you greedy domineering cow. She and Kody are tied for my Cannot Stand Them award. Gah! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Here's what I'm basing my comment on.

"Although he never flat-out said what his occupation was, it was implied that he was in online advertising sales (where Radar reports he made about $4,000 a month) before Sister Wives debuted. Before that, E! News found that he was the president of Das Hundhaus Firearms and Accessories. In 2005 though, before the show ever began filming, Kody and Meri reportedly filed for bankruptcy."

Das Hundhaus?!? 🤣 

Probably it never actually existed. Just like Janelle's food storage company and "Fundamental Fitness" where they just registered the DBA with the state or whomever. There is not a single piece of evidence to show that those "businesses" saw the light of day.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:
22 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm sorry Roslyn, but they don't have a barf reaction OR a "snort" reaction - both of which you richly deserved.  Please accept a lovely consolation prize of one butt-ugly Lularoe leggings.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

She'd need to hire a ghostwriter, for starters, since her grammar & sentence structure are terrible and she repetitively rants on too long about whatever topic is in her craw at a given moment.

• Love 9

When Meri was buying the BnB and asking the fambly for money, Kootie got on the phone with his buddy/partner in a business they were closing (probably before the creditors came after them).  Kootie asked how much his share of the business would be and Buddy said he didn't think there would be anything left.  I suspect that all of his businesses end this way … or worse.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 4/5/2020 at 10:23 PM, Gramto6 said:

Kodouch: "Meri mourns the loss of what we had..." "I regret what we had..."  Holy $hit! Whaat a dick!

On 4/5/2020 at 11:31 PM, absolutelyido said:

Nancy is officially the worst therapist in the world. Kody finally started telling the truth, asking why Meri has such great relationships with her Lularoe friends but bad relationships with not just the other wives but some of the older kids. Instead of further delving into this, which is obviously a big sticking point with Kody, Nancy wants to take a break and then resumes with some bullshit exercise. Worthless.

Between the mourn-loss vs. regret-what-we-had differences, and the great-relationships- outside-the-family difference, Kody has handed Nancy enough material to fill a year's worth of sessions.  So lame for Nancy to pass right over the meat and shift the focus to an insignificant scrap.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:41 AM, aimlessbird said:

Maddie is also an attention whore.  

Reminds me of the last time I heard that phrasing, which was on the show "The Affair", when Helen described the Pacific Ocean.  She said, "There’s nothing you can do when you’re around it except look at it. It’s so huge and blue and obvious.  It’s like an attention whore."  One of the funniest things ever said on that show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

She'd need to hire a ghostwriter, for starters, since her grammar & sentence structure are terrible and she repetitively rants on too long about whatever topic is in her craw at a given moment.

What?  You don't love her favorite expression, "sittin' there?"  And pronouncing everything without the "t" such as Day-Un, impor-unt, etc.?  And her bothering God for somethingk as un-impor-unt as finding her a rental? (total bullshit!)

Yes, Deirdra, a ghostwriter or several would be needed for transcribing Queenie's grammar and pronunciation.  Robyn sucks.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Oh but don’t forget... there’s at least two New York Times best-selling authors in this family 😆 

F24DFF3E-6D22-4947-839A-81193366B520.thumb.jpeg.f1718ac637a92eed3286998bb0ee78e9.jpeg

Anythingk Robyn can claim verbally, Meri can do better, by advertising herself as kind of a big dill ‘New York times best-selling author’ on her social media. Both these numpties couldn’t write a book on their own, even if it was a kindy project for little Areola. Delusional arrogance.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What?  You don't love her favorite expression, "sittin' there?"  And pronouncing everything without the "t" such as Day-Un, impor-unt, etc.?  And her bothering God for somethingk as un-impor-unt as finding her a rental? (total bullshit!)

Yes, Deirdra, a ghostwriter or several would be needed for transcribing Queenie's grammar and pronunciation.  Robyn sucks.

If Robyn doesn't continue her best selling books we won't ever discover once and for all the proper spelling for "haffin", which is another word in her personal vocabulary...

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

This conversation has me curious about our favorite business tycoons. Since Utah is the MLM capital of the planet, I wanted to know how many and what MLM’s they have been involved in.  (An hour of research found the info below.) Have I missed any of the Buffets, errr Browns, business endeavors?

Kody - YESCO, a Utah-based electric sign and digital billboard company that maintains some iconic neon signage in Vegas.

Christine tended the first kidlets

Janelle worked a 40-hour week for the state of Utah,

Meri took time off from her job at the trophy and engraving shop to travel with Kody when he worked his billboard territory (in Montana and Wyoming IIRC).

Janelle - used to run a business, E Z Pantry, whose goal was to “provide, market, design, sell, or trade-in the food storage industry.” https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/what-does-kody-brown-do-for-a-living.html/

My Sisterwives Closet

Christine & Janelle – Real Estate Agents

Janelle – Strive

Kody- His elusive ad sales job isn’t the only questionable income stream on his resume. His name is attached to a now-defunct computer programming company, Bricksoft. Dan Hundaus Firearms and Accessories also pops up under his name, but it looks like the project never got off the ground.  https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/what-does-kody-brown-do-for-a-living.html/

Kody-DAS HUNDHAUS FIREARMS AND ACCESSORIES in Sandy is a company that specializes in Sporting Goods And Bicycle Shops. (Estimated Number Of Employees – 1)  

Meri -  Lizzie’s Heritage Inn  2017

Meri- LuLaRoe

Robyn & Meri - New York times best-selling authors. “All of the wives including Kody” wrote the book Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage - published  in 2013.

Mariah also sells LuLaRoe these days. She and Audrey feature with a shop as well. The info on the page reads, “My name is Audrey Kriss and my partner Mariah Brown and I love running this little business of ours!” Fans know from  Janelle Brown’s Instagram that Garrison started his Hawaiian shirts business. https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/01/14/sister-wives-it-looks-like-my-sister-wifes-closet-closed-down-for-good/

LIV Water

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 4/7/2020 at 12:22 PM, Adeejay said:

Maddie and Savannah don't seem to share the same bond that Truly shares with her sisters, especially Aspyn. To this day, I still can't get over the fact that Savannah wasn't in Maddie's wedding. 

Maybe Savannah didn’t want to be in the wedding. Not every girl dreams of weddings... or being on camera. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Something to think about while you're social distancing... that could be a wickedly delicious daydream depending on how you feel about the various wives.

Do you think Meri opened up to her sister wives and told them what Kody said to her in their therapy session with Nancy and how nasty he was to her?  If not, other than the years long apparent distance between them,  then how did they find out that he's most definitely OVER her?  Did he come back from LV and make an announcement?  Did he tell Robyn (I'm sure he did) and did she tell the other wives?  Or, did they find out by watching the episode air on tv?  I'm salivating thinking of them watching it on tv.  Shame on me!  LOL

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, rayndon said:

Something to think about while you're social distancing... that could be a wickedly delicious daydream depending on how you feel about the various wives.

Do you think Meri opened up to her sister wives and told them what Kody said to her in their therapy session with Nancy and how nasty he was to her?  If not, other than the years long apparent distance between them,  then how did they find out that he's most definitely OVER her?  Did he come back from LV and make an announcement?  Did he tell Robyn (I'm sure he did) and did she tell the other wives?  Or, did they find out by watching the episode air on tv?  I'm salivating thinking of them watching it on tv.  Shame on me!  LOL

People here and on FB like and dislike different wives for different reasons, but the majority of the folks feel that Janelle and Christine are decent people - not unkind or vindictive.  No matter how deserved it might be, I would think better of both of these wives if they didn't delight in Meri's pain.  That would put them on Robyn or Meri's level - and I think they are better hearted than that.  

Having said that:   I believe Kody told Robyn and Robyn wasted no time in informing the other wives - if they even talk when they aren't on camera - which I highly doubt.  What reason would they have for communicating?  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, rayndon said:

I keep wondering who told Mariah and what is Mariah's reaction is after the episode.

• Love 3
On 3/31/2020 at 6:32 AM, Kyanight said:

Oh I knew you were giving the recap for the coming episode! 😄

I was just snarking about Maddie.  And other than one or two idiots, the majority of the viewing audience was bored out of their minds.

Your comment is spot on.....because Sun night is a busy trash TV night for me I usually end up recording some shows that overlap.  This morning I was trying to remember what shows   I had actually watched.  I couldn’t recall if I had watched SW or not - turns out I had watched it but really had to wrack my brain trying to recall it!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Frumpy 60 year olds don't even dress like that.  I know because I am one.

Robyn dresses like frumpy 60-yr olds did in the 1960s - 60 years ago! She has grown very thick in the trunk, like she has hormonal issues or early menopause … or has taken up beer drinking.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Robyn dresses like frumpy 60-yr olds did in the 1960s - 60 years ago! She has grown very thick in the trunk, like she has hormonal issues or early menopause … or has taken up beer drinking.

You reap what you sow.

• LOL 5
On 4/11/2020 at 5:18 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Das Hundhaus?!? 🤣 

Probably it never actually existed. Just like Janelle's food storage company and "Fundamental Fitness" where they just registered the DBA with the state or whomever. There is not a single piece of evidence to show that those "businesses" saw the light of day.

Why did I think that Kody was a Schwan’s frozen foods delivery guy before the show? Someone please tell me I’m not delusional. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Why did I think that Kody was a Schwan’s frozen foods delivery guy before the show? Someone please tell me I’m not delusional. 

A few years ago there was a list of Kody's employment history on another site and one of the jobs was "Ice-cream Man"  😂

I thought they meant the guy who rolls around in the little van with music playing.... But now seeing your post maybe it was frozen foods... Does Schwan's make ice-cream?

• Love 4

Oddly enough, I got my first Schwan's ad somewhere this morning, and it may have been here.  I've never ordered from them before.  I remember those little ice cream trucks coming up the street as recently as the 80's, when my daughter was young.

Kootie as the Ice Cream Man?  I didn't know!  Is that what made Janelle warm for his form?  Now I'm humming Van Halen's Ice Cream Man.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

A few years ago there was a list of Kody's employment history on another site and one of the jobs was "Ice-cream Man"  😂

I thought they meant the guy who rolls around in the little van with music playing.... But now seeing your post maybe it was frozen foods... Does Schwan's make ice-cream?

No.  He was probably one of those creepy dudes riding in the little van with music playing.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

No.  He was probably one of those creepy dudes riding in the little van with music playing.

Here in Canada we had the Dickie Dee man.  Pedaled a large tricycle with a freezer with bells on top.  That would be more Kody's speed.

• LOL 10
On 4/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, Kyanight said:

People here and on FB like and dislike different wives for different reasons, but the majority of the folks feel that Janelle and Christine are decent people - not unkind or vindictive.  No matter how deserved it might be, I would think better of both of these wives if they didn't delight in Meri's pain.  That would put them on Robyn or Meri's level - and I think they are better hearted than that.  

Having said that:   I believe Kody told Robyn and Robyn wasted no time in informing the other wives - if they even talk when they aren't on camera - which I highly doubt.  What reason would they have for communicating?  

I’ll go one farther. I think Kody and Robyn practiced ahead of time what Kody would say. 

• Love 15
On 4/12/2020 at 8:57 AM, deirdra said:

Oml when she used to talk about the kidsez it drove me nuts I used to scream kids!! Not kidsez!! Shes not the sharpest knife in the drawer thats for sure

• Love 7
7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Schwan's  is supposed to have amazing ice cream. 

OT, but my neighbor used to get their delivery service (she had 6 kids) for convenience, and they loved Schwan's ice cream.

On topic, didn't watch, but reading the comments here about Kody's cruel remarks had me feeling some empathy for Meri (even if she is an unpleasant cow)--she is a human being,after all. And he DID marry her--so have a little compassion and respect, Kody.

• Love 5

I know Kootie wouldn't give a flying fuck if anyone told him, but his disparate treatment of those four misguided women is abhorrent.  Meri goes from "lover" to "I can't stand you."

Janelle smooches his dirty ass, for all the good it does her.  Worked for years and probably out-earned that weasel, and now lives in a shitty rental.

Christine:  calls him "wonderful man" and he's anythingk but wonderful.  Ignored her for years, and only appears with her or her kids for a photo op.

Robyn, the dark interloper, gets called "love," "my love," to the 🤮 degree.  Kootie is totally whipped and buys her a million dollar house, amid all the BULLSHIT about her wanting a rental.  

Yeah, isn't polygamy the greatest?  Greatest line of crap for a patriarchal man-child to use and abuse women he conned.  He needs a dunce cap.  Christine can get it embroidered for that gigantic pain in the ass she and Janelle have never been married to.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I know Kootie wouldn't give a flying fuck if anyone told him, but his disparate treatment of those four misguided women is abhorrent.  Meri goes from "lover" to "I can't stand you."

I have always hated it when people are angry or upset or maybe just don't give a damn and all-of-a-sudden they NEVER loved a person, NEVER cared about them, NEVER had any good times together at all.  What the heck??  Just because you feel a certain way NOW doesn't mean you always felt that way, and all of the good years meant nothing.   

I totally believe Meri has been a pain in the butt.  No doubt.  But I believe that Kody did love her at one time and after the love waned he considered her a friend and confidante.   I think a combination of Robyn, neglect, catfish and negativity from Meri destroyed whatever good feelings they had between them, but for Kody to say he was sorry he ever married her and the other cruel things he said was out of line - ESPECIALLY since they are still "together" in whatever sense they are still "together".  He's thoughtless, mean, and selfish.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
19 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I’ll go one farther. I think Kody and Robyn practiced ahead of time what Kody would say. 

I've said this all along.  Kody was very prepared and very rehearsed.  He also was very prepared and rehearsed for the big blow up with Meri the day of the fight at Coyote Pass over the house in the trees.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, aimlessbird said:

I've said this all along.  Kody was very prepared and very rehearsed.  He also was very prepared and rehearsed for the big blow up with Meri the day of the fight at Coyote Pass over the house in the trees.

Except it didn't come from Kody.  Never underestimate dark queen square chin.

• Love 8