Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: A Big Fat Proposal

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe he meant the Whitney thing was the most embarrassing I was so confused that all these people were trying to sleep with one another, but can you confirm her saying Todd and Tal slept together or did I misunderstand it.  

Confirmed!  Specifically - they lost their virginities to each other whilst Todd was "dating" Heather 😑

30 minutes ago, Honey said:

Babs was cute/funny in the 1st season when she was unintentionally funny.  At some point she realized that people really liked her, so now she tries way too hard to be funny, and it isn't anymore.  It's just really, really obnoxious. It's like when a small child realizes that you're laughing at something they're doing, so they do it over and over and over and over, until they're driving you fucking nuts.

Shut.Up.Babs.

Heather is really kind of homely isn't she?  Never realized it until tonight.  No wonder Ryan was embarrassed by that kiss.

I can see that you are a much kinder person that I am.. I always thought Babs was "playing cute" for the cameras, and I always thought Heather was homely.

19 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

Of course, it’s a fake relationship but if it were real, I would LOVE for  a girl that Chase knows to hang out with him alone, take secret calls from, lay on, lay in bed with, has had past sex with, has made out with, to be in his life! I would love Big Twits reaction!!! 😂😂🤣

You forgot to mention extensive footage of him giving that girl a foot massage in her bed 😈

• Love 9

Those extensions look SO bad! Usually her stylists do a great job, perfect makeup and the extensions blend really well. The wig this season was pretty obvious but it was almost convincing. But those extensions are a totally different color, length, and texture than her normal hair. They didn't bother to blend, trim, shape, or style the extensions at all. And they had to make them (what would be) waist-length instead of some convincing length?

I have no problem being over-the-top with your aesthetic, and even I have waist-length extensions, but they at least blend with my actual hair! If you're going to go that wildly different, just get a wig. She looks like she's wearing a hair hat!

That's all I can focus on. These inane, boring questions are intended to provoke and titillate, but they're a real snooze.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

On the plus side - Ryan got his hair hat trimmed and looked much better at the "engagement party" than he has ever looked!

And I really did enjoy Kim play-flirting with him!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I looked up the French lady’s Instagram and she didn’t even seem to post that she was on the show tonight.  I wonder what she really thought of the gang/show.

It was in her InstaStories.@GaellePrudencio  And in her tweets--she says her brother, who is in the US), was able to FaceTime her so she could see the show since it's not on in Europe. She seemed to be excited about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Those extensions look SO bad! Usually her stylists do a great job, perfect makeup and the extensions blend really well. The wig this season was pretty obvious but it was almost convincing. But those extensions are a totally different color, length, and texture than her normal hair. They didn't bother to blend, trim, shape, or style the extensions at all. And they had to make them (what would be) waist-length instead of some convincing length?

I have no problem being over-the-top with your aesthetic, and even I have waist-length extensions, but they at least blend with my actual hair! If you're going to go that wildly different, just get a wig. She looks like she's wearing a hair hat!

That's all I can focus on. These inane, boring questions are intended to provoke and titillate, but they're a real snooze.

Hahaha look at the ad I got at the bottom of this page 

C0445F24-EA1D-48FD-933F-8321A6BCF088.png

• LOL 14
10 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

borderline personality disorder!

you are right on with this.  she also has many more issues like this.  She needs help, like therapy, and for the cameras to stop filming her.  Perhaps then, she might have a chance to really find herself, and not what TLC has made her out to be.

• Love 6

I wonder if Chase--in his contract-- has limited the number of times he has to kiss Twit on the lips.  Or full frontal hugs. 

He looks pained to do so. 

I also firmly believe that Chase has limited Twit's touching on his body/person per contract. As we have seen over the years,  Twit has no boundaries and will grope anyone/ strangers. 

Actually there is so little spontaneous affection between these two that I am gob smacked that anyone believes this engagement is real.

When he proposed, wouldn't you hug him and kiss him, but she stands there looking at the ring, and then a few chaste pecks. 

Grandmas and aunties get more demonstrative affection than these two bad actors. 

Anyone else see how BIG both Buddy and Twit looked on that bed together? Yes, they're a perfect match made in Pizza Hut Heaven. Not fat shaming... an observation and we know she loves Pizza. Actually,  I don't care anymore.  Her fanatics are quick to put down any dissension by decrying that fat girls can find love too......thus ignoring Twit's bullying, narcissistic jerky personality.  She was a total bitch on that Paris trip. True colors. Great editing, TLC. 

My conspiracy theory is that Chase and Ryan tried out for The Bachelor or the The Bachelorette and didn't make the cut. So they settled for this repulsive trainwreck. 

And they hate it and don't give a fuck about how they are portrayed. A little extra money in the bank.  The cut rate price of their souls and everlasting shame.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, Honey said:

Babs was cute/funny in the 1st season when she was unintentionally funny.  At some point she realized that people really liked her, so now she tries way too hard to be funny, and it isn't anymore.  It's just really, really obnoxious. It's like when a small child realizes that you're laughing at something they're doing, so they do it over and over and over and over, until they're driving you fucking nuts.

Shut.Up.Babs.

This a million times!  Another one that doesn’t know what boundaries are and she was this way before the stroke, so I can’t blame it on that.  I hope producers are egging her on because her behavior is grating if she acts this way a majority of the time.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, AvoidinDaChubRub said:

It was in her InstaStories.@GaellePrudencio  And in her tweets--she says her brother, who is in the US), was able to FaceTime her so she could see the show since it's not on in Europe. She seemed to be excited about it.

Thanks, I didn’t  see a post, but didn’t check her Instastories.  I do wonder how they came up with the people the met, whether TLC really  picked them or Ryan and Whitney just slide into these people’s DMs lol.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

Ashley has always been the nicest one.  She’s actually the prettiest one on the show! Sorry Twit! 

I agree. I actually do think Twit is pretty (aside from her personality) but I think Ashley is the prettiest! We just don't see it because she's not as in-your-face and she dresses down a lot of the time. But when she fixes herself up she's very pretty! And her little kid is so adorable!

Man, I will never forgive Ryan for making me side with Whitney. Why is he being a little bitch about some dancing? "My body doesn't move like this." What? She was doing super basic movements (that's the point!) and if your body can't figure it out, you're not the athlete you think you are. Just like riding a bike and walking the steps at the Eiffel Tower is a kind of exercise the "fans" should see, so is dancing! In my mind this was just another way to expand your stupid service. But then, it wouldn't be all Ryan's to co-opt. I think he knows NOBSactive is a scam and Whitney will never follow through, and he wants to take it over completely, and if it's got dance in it, it's too much Whitney and not enough Ryan, so he can't pull it out from under her. Which I doubt he can anyway. I would LOVE to get my hands on their partnership agreement--if there is one.

• Love 9

One phrase comes to mind watching that after show: side eye. Ashley, Heather, Buddy, Glen, Ryan, Tal, Todd, probably Henchi. It seems like none of them believe in this grand romance, and display outward hostility towards it. Tal, especially, spoke like once, but was giving all sorts of eye shade. No one, NO ONE, wants to hear about their parents' sex lives, or discuss it on national tv. I'm really over Babs at this point, and agree with many of you that her health is not in the best condition. Part of it is the aging process and diagnoses, but her general personality is getting off putting, and I've never really had an issue with her before. I didn't finish watching it because I was cringing so hard. When I eventually turned the after show off, I said, "Ew, no. Come on show, that's gross". 

The proposal was so poorly acted. Chase still looks like he is going to hurl when he is around Whitney and has the personality of a wet noodle. He's a terrible actor. No Emmy for you Chase!

If Whitney made it up those steps in 45 minutes, then I am ready for a marathon. There is no way. 

Gaelle was beautiful and carried herself so well. She also had such a lovely voice. The dancing was dumb. Same moves over and over and over again. Like always. 

On a much needed positive note, at least she wore clothes for most of the trip. That's about as nice a compliment as I can give.

I appreciate everyone's observations and comments. I'm glad I'm not alone in watching this train wreck. Stay well everyone!

• Love 19

Well I will admit Whitney did one thing I am incapable of doing. I wouldn’t be able to climb the Eiffel Tower. Of course not because I can’t make it physically but because I’m terrified of heights. I wouldn’t even go up in in the elevator. 

• Love 3

Well, I'm happy for them if they're happy.  I'm still not sure I believe it.  I didn't watch the aftershow.  I just can't get into them anymore.  Other TLC aftershows turn me off too.  The cast just aren't as entertaining as TLC thinks they are. 

I did laugh when Whit turned around and saw that ring.  OMG, she really liked it.  She couldn't take her eyes off of it.  For a minute, I thought that she was going to grab the ring and run off by herself!  It took her a while to connect with Chase and accept.  So, this almost makes me think she was not expecting it.  If it was planned, wouldn't she have done a better job at the proposal acceptance scene?  

One thing that perturbed me was while she and Chase were having this nice dinner in their room and she was so overwhelmed with emotion that someone would do something like that for her, she immediately brings up the sore spot topic that got them on the wrong track earlier.  Why not just enjoy the dinner and let it go? Jumping right back into the thing that was the issue seems ill conceived to me and TOO controlling.  Let him set the tone for the conversation.  

Another thing that annoyed me, though, not a huge deal, was her saying she couldn't eat chocolate without drinking milk.......I would have been embarrassed to tell anyone that, if I was morbidly obese.   It makes sense though.......:(

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn't watch the aftershow.  I just can't get into them anymore.  Other TLC aftershows turn me off too.  The cast just aren't as entertaining as TLC thinks they are. 

I don't like them either. I watch all the  90 Day Fiance shows but very rarely watch the aftershows. 

I found it weird how it just ended after the proposal.   That was the end of their trip?  Then right into that stupid aftershow that I could only tolerate for maybe 5 minutes. 

Climbing the Eiffel Tower reminded me a lot of the 5K Hawaii scene.  So so hard for Twit but because she's such a bad ass she will complete her climb even if it kills her.  After all she came in 2nd place!! in a weightlifting competition did you know that?  She was 2 out of 2 so yea.   Not only was Ashley not tired or winded climbing the stairs,  but she was so far ahead of Twit that she had to stand around and wait for her to catch up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I think the climb on the Ethel Tower was scripted for drama.  It fits into the way the show has to have Whit do something like that to challenge herself.  If I wasn't used to climbing stairs, I wouldn't have done it though, UNLESS I got paid, due to it making your legs so sore.  The next day, I'd have to have help getting around the airport due to sore calf muscles. Does anyone know where all the other visitors were?  When I was there, the lines were long and we had a limited time in the city, so, I chose not to go up.  Now, I wonder if that was a wise decision.  I'm not sure if I'll ever go to Paris again. 

• Love 8

Don’t be mad at Ryan, he’s a paid villain just like Chase is a paid romance. I can’t understand what is so indulgent about Whitney running up stairs but the producers seem to love it. And yes Whitney deserved an Oscar for her tearful dinner with Chase, not so much for her proposal scene. They were about as emotionless and dry as her personal training credentials. At least the cast is getting paid for this train wreck, because we all sure aren’t for watching it and keeping it relevant 💀💀

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Even worse what’s the next season going to be? 😱 My guess:

1. Big fat Bridezilla meets Say yes to the dress

2. A 10K race or tandem bicycle scene 😂 Part III

3. Chase moves in

4. Buddy professes his undying love (permitting after the Producers pay off his house they buy him a new car or his own comedy sketch hour) god help us all

5. She’s pregnant who’s the father end scene cuts to cliffhanger following  season.

Anybody else have some hysterical bets and theories 🤔

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I'm happy for them if they're happy.  I'm still not sure I believe it. 

One thing that perturbed me was while she and Chase were having this nice dinner in their room and she was so overwhelmed with emotion that someone would do something like that for her, she immediately brings up the sore spot topic that got them on the wrong track earlier.

I know they’re all a bunch of chucklefucks, but I don’t think any of them are truly awful people and actually in the world of reality tv, they’re definitely not horrid.  Yes, most of them get on my nerves, but I mostly just think they are in arrested development.  I’d be really happy for Whitney and Chase, if their deal was real.  I personally don’t think it is based on pretty much all of the the show, but if they really fell in love good for them.   Occasionally, Whitney stops the braying and lets her mask slip.  I think she was overwhelmed with emotion that Chase did something nice for her, whether it was producer-driven I’ll save for another day.  I really think that most of the men Whitney has had in her life have been users or lukewarm in their interactions with her, so when somebody does ANYTHING she goes overboard in her response.  Other times, I think she gets overwhelmed because these things aren’t real and it taps into her sadness, so she self-sabotages because she doesn’t think she is worthy. 

Pardon my armchair psychologist for a moment, but I don’t believe Whitney loves her body and I do think she feels shame, because of this I think she accepts whatever crumbs of attention men give her. In turn, she lends these men money, allows them to use her home as a flophouse, etc. Chase actually reminds me of a slightly more assertive version of Lennie, but I didn’t really believe that relationship either. I didn’t think Lennie was straight out of central casting, but felt like maybe they were a fwb and they made it into more for the show.  

6 hours ago, JennMatMusic33 said:

One phrase comes to mind watching that after show: side eye. Ashley, Heather, Buddy, Glen, Ryan, Tal, Todd, probably Henchi. It seems like none of them believe in this grand romance, and display outward hostility towards it. Tal, especially, spoke like once, but was giving all sorts of eye shade. No one, NO ONE, wants to hear about their parents' sex lives, or discuss it on national tv. I'm really over Babs at this point,

I’m glad I’m not the only one that noticed all the side eye.  I was thinking did the barnacles’ checks bounce because Todd and Tal looked visibly disgusted about having to go along with this charade.  Now Todd I could see be snarky but he wasn’t really even doing that.  Tal is usually Whitney’s hype man, but barely said a word.  They all were awkwardly quiet, even Ryan who I would have thought would have tried to steal some of the spotlight seemed unusually quiet, although he may have been shellshocked by the host coming on to him every 5 seconds.  Whitney and Chase performed the best I suppose, but that ain’t saying much, and I’ll give it to old Mumbles, Buddy, this was probably the most quick-witted I’ve ever seen him.  Again, that isn’t saying much.  If I were Heather, and they continued to paint me as some shlub still stuck on Buddy,  I’d require a bonus check.  I do think Heather is still hurt by what Buddy did, but they act like the woman is crying everyday while doodling Buddy in her notebook.  

p.s. if we NEVER have a scene talking about Glenn’s babymaker again.....I’d REALLY appreciate it.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

I've said it before, but that group dynamic is so creepily incestous. Greensboro is not a small town of 100 people with no other options. It's frankly weird how they've all dated/slept with each other and keep circling around it. 

Honestly I'm so thankful I left my hometown for college and never looked back. Living in the same area, with the same friend group, has clearly stunted these people well into adulthood. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

I wonder if Chase--in his contract-- has limited the number of times he has to kiss Twit on the lips.  Or full frontal hugs. 

He looks pained to do so. 

I also firmly believe that Chase has limited Twit's touching on his body/person per contract. As we have seen over the years,  Twit has no boundaries and will grope anyone/ strangers. 

Actually there is so little spontaneous affection between these two that I am gob smacked that anyone believes this engagement is real.

When he proposed, wouldn't you hug him and kiss him, but she stands there looking at the ring, and then a few chaste pecks. 

Grandmas and aunties get more demonstrative affection than these two bad actors. 

There is no chemistry between them!!  There is chemistry coming from Whitney’s end, but nothing from Chase, you are so right!

A few things bothered me about that dinner in the hotel room.  Of course the wanting to have kids was not about kids, it was about Whitney being desirable, just like Buddy’s amends were about her and how sexually viable she is.

Did Whitney really say she thinks it’s the PCOS and the age gap thats making Chase hesitate?  Like, her terrible personality and morbid obesity and lack of hygiene are neutral factors?  

“My fiancé Chase.” I wonder how many times a day she works that one into a conversation.

3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Man, I will never forgive Ryan for making me side with Whitney. Why is he being a little bitch about some dancing? "My body doesn't move like this." What? She was doing super basic movements (that's the point!) and if your body can't figure it out, you're not the athlete you think you are.

Ryan should have decided at the beginning whether he was going to do the dances, whether it was on brand for him, not be an asshole about it and say afterward that it’s a conflict (which it’s not; the more they have going on online, the bigger their social media presence).  

I have to wonder what Smail’s first reaction to the group was.  If Ashley—who is getting bigger and there’s no evidence she exercises—can climb the Eiffel, it’s not some mean feat for Whitney.  I question whether they really did it in 45 minutes.  

• Love 14

Just in case anyone skipped past the “reunion,” which is becoming more and more bullshit, I’ll put my comments about that in a separate post and just go over the interesting parts, which were few and far between:

Chase makes Buddy wear his pants when he’s at home.  Quelle horreur!

When they were about to play their first super-fun game, and there were an uneven number of guys and girls, Todd immediately shouted out, “Whitney counts as two!”  And then he goes, “because of your intelligence!”  Where has this Todd been all season?

So Whitney outed Tal for wanting to fuck Whitney at some point when they were drunk.  We know that Tal is currently sober.  I wonder if that was what behaviorists call “the activating event”? 

Anything said about a Buddy love triangle makes me want a shower.  He is disgusting.  I have no idea what people see in him.  It’s not just because he’s (really, really) fat.  Roy was fat, and completely pleasant looking, and I could understand why women would have wanted to be with him.  Buddy is a complete loser.  Also, during one game, Whitney made sure to give a shout-out that Buddy is one of her exes.  I get a dispute about whether there was ever a drunken hook-up, but how in the hell is there confusion about whether Whitney and Buddy were in a full-blown relationship?  

Whitney said at one point that she’s uncomfortable with all the confusion buzzing around about Buddy and Chase.  No, bitch, you are loving it.  That is your comfort zone.  She doesn’t want reciprocal, undying love, she wants minions.  She wants men vying for her.  Whether the men in question are capable of taking a good shave for an appearance on national TV is another story.  I just fail to see what’s titillating about a woman in a relationship acting a fool with Buddy?  It’s about a half-step away from cheating.  Chase is signing up for a lifetime of this (allegedly)?

I have to wonder about Ryan supposedly “saving Whitney’s life.”  Does it count as a life-saving if she would have beached at some point?  I mean, she would have dog-paddled to the shore at some point, right?  I can’t swim, and I don’t think I would have died out there.

You know what would have been good?  If they would have asked Whitney and Chase the questions that the government asks of people who are trying to get a foreign-born person into the country by marrying them.  Like, I wanted to know just how many times they’ve got out.  Has she met his mom?  How often does she go to Wilmington?  How often does he come to Charlotte?  What exactly is going on with these two?

The newlywed questions/answers convinced me they’ve never had sex.  Question:  “When does Chase try to have sex with you?”  Whitney:  “Uh, um, oh, um, well, it’s...when I’m ready to go to sleep, so...after midnight?”  This is not some blushing virgin who’s afraid to speak about sex on TV—all she talks about is sex on TV!  If she were having sex on the regular, we would be inundated with details until our ears bled!

I thought the most real part of the talk was who would be in the wedding party, and Ashley actually seemed hurt that she wouldn’t be maid of honor.  So, ok, looks like this wedding is real.  Didn’t see that one coming.  Do I think he has the feelings for her that a husband should have for his future wife?  Hell no.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This a million times!  Another one that doesn’t know what boundaries are and she was this way before the stroke, so I can’t blame it on that.  I hope producers are egging her on because her behavior is grating if she acts this way a majority of the time.

It's no surprise Babs raised a daughter to turn out like Whitney. She's very immature herself. Unless of course it's all for the show. 

I know Ryan can be a jerk but I just love how he has no fucks to give for anyone on this show! He even looked annoyed with his boyfriend Chase. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think Ryan can be a jerk, but, I kind of like it.  He's cute.  I like Chase too.  And, I actually like most of the cast.  Only some things about Buddy that really annoyed me.  I'm not sure if they are related to his addiction issues or not. The part about him doing professional stand-up comedy annoy me a lot.   

I suppose that we have to be ready to accept that the reality shows are not reality, which, I have known for a long time.  I was reading some articles recently about comments from some of The Hills and Laguna Beach cast members and they laughed about how they didn't even date some of the people they were matched up with on those shows.  But, for Whit, I'll buy in and go along with it.  She does seem happy.  We shall see. 

As far as finding a good man....one time, I asked my boyfriend to help me go to a home supply store to pick up a large storage bin (it wouldn't fit into my car at the time) and bring it to my house.  He said fine, let's do it tomorrow. He did and was prompt, pleasant, helped me look around and asked if I needed anything else in the store.  He even OFFERED to pay for it! (We weren't living together.)  I was very impressed.  I didn't realize how much I thanked him, but, a few days later, he said, man, you really were appreciative of me picking up that bin for you.  I've never seen anyone that grateful before.  LOL  Cracked me up.  I had dated some pretty lazy, selfish guys........

• Love 6

So Whitney said she's built a entire business around fitness.

I'm kind of hoping the editors saved that clip for after the episode where we saw what passed her participating in Ryan's exercise videos.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It's no surprise Babs raised a daughter to turn out like Whitney. She's very immature herself. Unless of course it's all for the show. 

I know Ryan can be a jerk but I just love how he has no fucks to give for anyone on this show! He even looked annoyed with his boyfriend Chase. 

I can’t totally hate Ryan because he’s basically the only person that doesn’t cave completely into Whitney.  I think they both have the need to be the center of attention, so it irritates both of them when the other is acting out.  Like Whitney being mad when Ryan threw a temper tantrum about dancing in the video, when she walks out of BGDC every other second on Todd.

Meanwhile, I don’t think Ryan’s irritation came from dancing, as much as, he didn’t think it would financially benefit him.  Sadly, he could have danced his little heart out, because there’s no way Whitney would have been committed enough to be the driving force behind a real business, if she were BGDC would have been a real thing.  NOBSACTIVE imo is as successful as it is because of Ryan.  Whitney shows up and that’s about it.  It’s her name and access to TLC and his work.  I’m not saying that’s bad, it’s what they both could bring to the table at the time.

Chase doesn’t seem like a bad guy, he just seems like a failure to launch sort of guy.  He seems like he drifts from thing to thing.  I’d love to know about these 8 or 9 years since he’s been out of school. For all the advertising about the road to ring, I don’t know jack shit about this AMAZING love story, yet I could almost tell you how many cavities Buddy has because last season, we were stumbling through every part of his life.  Yet another reason all this seems fake.  I get you might not want all your business out there on national television, but come on TLC how many times did we hear about the Buddy kiss and crossing the fleshold....shouldn’t you have been playing up this pending marriage romance a lot more.  I don’t care if it’s true or fake, nothing shown brought me on a journey of love with these two.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Chase doesn’t seem like a bad guy, he just seems like a failure to launch sort of guy.  He seems like he drifts from thing to thing.  I’d love to know about these 8 or 9 years since he’s been out of school. For all the advertising about the road to ring, I don’t know jack shit about this AMAZING love story, yet I could almost tell you how many cavities Buddy has because last season, we were stumbling through every part of his life.  Yet another reason all this seems fake.  I get you might not want all your business out there on national television, but come on TLC how many times did we hear about the Buddy kiss and crossing the fleshold....shouldn’t you have been playing up this pending marriage romance a lot more.  I don’t care if it’s true or fake, nothing shown brought me on a journey of love with these two.

OMG, thank you for putting into words exactly how I’ve been feeling for at least the last 2/3s of the season—though be careful calling Chase a “sort of guy” 😉 I would love to know how he’s actually making a living doing right now—not what he plans to do, but how he, as a 29 year old man, is supporting himself.  Why do I get the distinct feeling that a lot of the checks he’s been cashing have been written by “Mom & Dad, Inc”?  The timing of this proposal is interesting.  Maybe a certain someones threatened to cut him off after a certain landmark birthday...

The show is called “My Big Fat Fabulous Life.”  I’m assuming the “My” refers to Whitney.  So, yes, show, excuse me for wanting to focus on and know about Whitney’s life.  Considering the “reunion” was called “The Engagement Party,” why wasn’t there more of an emphasis on the development of her relationship with Chase, from inception to the engagement?  It’s my opinion that there was no development, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the show simply didn’t show it.  Because, yes, it was so important to make sure we got footage of Buddy wiping his ever-sweaty brow, mumbling that he feels “squirrelly,” traveling to Charleston alone to tell a sober bro that he feels “squirrelly,” and then having a night of “improv” to which Whitney didn’t even show.  And he was having inorganic roommate issues with Tal, y’all!  Super interesting!

My husband and I definitely dated longer than Whitney and Chase before he proposed, so we would have more to film time-wise, but we didn’t have the budget Whitney and Chase had either, so it would have been harder to catch us having Fabulous moments, unless you call going to arena football Fabulous.  I guess I am just wondering, “why?”  Why him for her and her for him?  It seems so random.  They didn’t give us a “why.”  It feels more like a “why not.”

All the emphasis on Buddy makes it seem like maybe the show knows something we don’t—that Buddy will be around, whereas Chase may be off creating a different sort of life a year from now.  By then he’ll be 30.  I wonder if he’ll have made up his mind about having little bruhs when he’s 30, or if he’ll still be “too young”.  🤔

• Love 8
6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

So Whitney outed Tal for wanting to fuck Whitney at some point when they were drunk.  We know that Tal is currently sober.  I wonder if that was what behaviorists call “the activating event”? 

Whitney thinks she's being funny but all she's really doing is pointing out that men have to be shitfaced when they come on to her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Sunnywise said:

1. Big fat Bridezilla meets Say yes to the dress

She better start bathing then, because neither of the Say Yes shows would put up with a stinky bride, like the store several seasons back, where she was sweaty.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Heather seems to HATE Buddy. The look on her face when she looks at him is frightening. 

Didn't we hear that her children really loved him when they were together, and the break-up really hurt them.
I can understand that that would be hard for a mother to forgive.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Tal was gay.

He is, but he might not have yet come to  grips with his own  sexuality at the time he got drunk and wanted to  make it with Whitney.  Several of  my gay male friends  have actually  gone so far as to become  engaged to  women before they  were able to admit to themselves that they preferred men. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

He is, but he might not have yet come to  grips with his own  sexuality at the time he got drunk and wanted to  make it with Whitney.  Several of  my gay male friends  have actually  gone so far as to become  engaged to  women before they  were able to admit to themselves that they preferred men. 

Or that never happened at all 🤔

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

All the emphasis on Buddy makes it seem like maybe the show knows something we don’t—that Buddy will be around, whereas Chase may be off creating a different sort of life a year from now.  By then he’ll be 30.  I wonder if he’ll have made up his mind about having little bruhs when he’s 30, or if he’ll still be “too young”.  🤔

Buddy's a regular cast member so he'll be around - if Chase hopes to skedaddle before the wedding then he will have to make himself absent afterwards 😄 They could probably drag another season out of Chase robotically stating "it's not you, it's me" in a variety of scenes, but either way his presence on this show is necessarily short-lived!

• Love 5

“Whitney counts as 2 ! “           Twit Gasps in Horror!                    “Cuz you’re smart” <wink>

Oh Snarky Todd I’ve missed you so!!

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Tal was gay.

He is. If this ever happened at all, which is suspect since we know how reliable Whit is when it comes to her sex life, it was likely before Tal came to grips with being gay and definitely before he got sober. My guess is the fact that Tal is gay makes this an even bigger deal to Whit. After all in her mind it means even gay men find her irresistible. In reality, if it happened, it means a drunk, alcoholic struggling with his sexual identity jumped the nearest available person. 

Note to Whit - when someone wants you only when they are drunk that isn’t something to brag about. 

• Love 19

Does anyone remember seeing a video selfie that Twit and Tal posted early on? Both were definitely trashed and in her closet singing. I thought at the time it might have been some kind of message on the meta level. There was some speculation among those of us who saw the spectacle whether they were both naked. Was that the situation in which she turned him down? I wonder whether that was the instance that convinced Tal to get seek substance abuse treatment.

• Love 3