Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: A Big Fat Proposal

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Ryan challenges Whitney to a brutal climb up the Eiffel Tower

You have got to be kidding me!!!  It reminds me of the scene a few years ago when she supposedly ran up and down a tall building's stairs in under 5 minutes according to her then trainer Will.  I don't think the Eiffel Tower can hold someone that big.  Oh and gee, really?  Her and Chase aren't doing well?  I wonder what is going on?  NOTHING IS GOING ON!!! Except her undying love and devotion to Buddy, her cats, her new dog (poor dog) and her family, (I think).  I didn't list her friends, because her friends have all but left her to her own in Charlotte.  What a sad person she must be.

• Love 6

So Whitney is getting engaged to someone even though  she has admittedly  never even seen where he lives? I can’t decide if that leads to the side of fakery or if it leads to the side of pure (and very sad) desperation on both their parts.  Probably both.

• Love 15
On 3/23/2020 at 2:32 PM, DanaMB said:

I just saw on fb there will be a reunion special after this. I’m surprised they didn’t drag it out another week. 

I don't remember what Season It Was where they the entire reunion was  some stupid game, the show should have been cancelled immediately after that.

After that awful beret outfit any thought of proposing to her should have gone out the window.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Leilani said:

I don't remember what Season It Was where they the entire reunion was  some stupid game, the show should have been cancelled immediately after that.

I think that was last year.  It was some kind of MBFFL trivial pursuit.  I couldn't bear watching it so I didn't.

• Love 7
On 3/23/2020 at 2:55 PM, texasbluebonnets said:

What a sad person she must be.

It’s like when people on IG seem so happy and how amazing their partner is and their relationship is so great!  Then when there are no cameras around and IG is off, they are all alone or their relationship is a sham!  Sounds like her! 

In my opinion, she has histrionic personality and borderline personality disorder!

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Leilani said:

After that awful beret outfit any thought of proposing to her should have gone out the window.

The game was so stupid, they were literally asking questions about what Whitney said and did, yet Whitney is competing in the game.  They shouldn’t have bothered filming that nonsense.

I would have hidden the beret before I left the hotel with her.  Although, she has for the most part been wearing clothing, so there’s that.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I feel like the French "influencer" is looking around like who the fuck ARE you people? 

I've decided that the Whitney/Chase relationship IS fake, but that Whitney isn't in on the scam...

I also think the “influencer” was like “I’m standing out in the rain for this mess?”  I don't think their relationship is real, but I don’t think think producers would go as far as not filling her in on it, unless you are saying Ryan and Chase are scamming on their own.  I think this is producer driven, the closest I can come to this being “real” is that Chase and Whitney have gone out on a “date” or two...meaning they are nowhere near the point of getting engaged let alone married.  The only person Chase has any chemistry with is Ryan.  I mean maybe if Chase and Whitney had a few drinks in them, they'd be less awkward, but for the proposal episode I don’t see any kind of connection.

• Love 13

I've decided that the Whitney/Chase relationship IS fake, but that Whitney isn't in on the scam...

That's what I have suspected from the start. She's not that great an actress so if she believed that he was infatuated with her the film crew would be capturing natural reactions.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Leilani said:

How did they manage to get the Eiffel Tower to themselves, it's usually packed with tourists even on a rainy day.

I think they arrived there very early.  From what Ashley said, I don't think they even had time for a coffee and croissant breakfast.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I’m enjoying this only because many years ago I studied abroad in Paris and I remember climbing the Eiffel Tower steps. Not because I wanted to challenge myself but because it was cheaper to take the stairs than the elevator 😹 I don’t even remember it being that hard... the joys of being 20 years old. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Leilani said:

How did they manage to get the Eiffel Tower to themselves, it's usually packed with tourists even on a rainy day.

Ha.  I was just going to ask that.  Last time I was there, you could hardly move on the platform for the crowds and that was several years ago before the huge tourist influx.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think they arrived there very early.  From what Ashley said, I don't think they even had time for a coffee and croissant breakfast.

I’m planning a Paris trip. The Eiffel Tower opens at 9:30, and tickets are available months in advance. They must have had special permission to go very early. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

I’m enjoying this only because many years ago I studied abroad in Paris and I remember climbing the Eiffel Tower steps. Not because I wanted to challenge myself but because it was cheaper to take the stairs than the elevator 😹 I don’t even remember it being that hard... the joys of being 20 years old. 

Yes I was Paris at 16 and not in that great of shape and it wasn't that difficult.

1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think I'm going to pass on the engagement party, stupid question time again!

OMG more games. So do we even get to see the rest of that Eiffel Tower Proposal or is that it for the season? WTF

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Apparently no one.  Even new mom Ashley is ahead of Whitney and her upper abs.

I was thinking the same exact thing! Ashley is more fit than the allegedly  “Fit Whit”

If this were a real relationship, you would need to spend more than 3 days together to know how you feel and if you can stand the person for LIFE!!!

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, xls said:

Who gets to run up the stairs behind her? 😳

The poor camera person, as usual. You can tell how much they really hate her in any given week by the number of times the camera zooms in on her fat  ass. 

During the stupid reunion/game show, Chase & Ryan are laughing like they’re both in on an inside joke. I love that they played the clips of Twit humping & sighing & draping herself all over Buddy. 

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

This is the best I've seen of Whiteny in the face and hair, she looks slimmer.

It's ridiculous Heather is still bothered by Buddy and Whit.

It's ridiculous Heather and Whit act like Buddy is Brad Pitt lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think that was last year.  It was some kind of MBFFL trivial pursuit.  I couldn't bear watching it so I didn't.

I saw a preview on Facebook of the cast on the couch again  and they do another game.

So so so so stupid.

Plus Babs and Glen act out something with scripts on this end of season show.  Even more stupid.

I couldn't watch any more. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Leilani said:

It’s ridiculous that the writers keep casting Heather as someone who is still bothered by Buddy and Whit. 

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, Leilani said:

I think Whitney looks pretty on the “engagement party”

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Did Whitney just blurt out Todd and Tal lost their virginity to each other?

Okay, I wasn’t sure I was going to watch this, but now I have to. Seriously?! Poor Todd and Tal! How did they react?

13 minutes ago, Meowy said:

Okay, I wasn’t sure I was going to watch this, but now I have to. Seriously?! Poor Todd and Tal! How did they react?

I think Tal indicated this was his most embarrassing/uncomfortable  thing (as far as being revealed).  The host was going over how Todd and Heather dated and Heather and Buddy and “Whitney and Buddy” and Whitney just threw a Todd and a Tal in, but I couldn’t hear if she meant a Tal and Todd.  I’m guessing she did after TL comment. I don’t think Todd reacted, but honestly was trying to figure out why they all seemed to be sleeping with each other at some point.  Were there no other people in NC all these people could sleep with?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 10

The only reason I can see that these “ influencers” would work with them is the TLC connection; actually same with Ryan.He seems embarrassed to be seen with her and her friends. Though I can see that she has lost weight since the parking garage she is NOT in good shape. At least this isn’t as insane as Hawaii where her 79;year old father at more stamina.  By the way Simell is hot but honestly, they went all the way to Paris for us to watch her huff and puff up the Eiffel Tower - why would I pay for that?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

The only reason I can see that these “ influencers” would work with them is the TLC connection; actually same with Ryan.He seems embarrassed to be seen with her and her friends. Though I can see that she has lost weight since the parking garage she is NOT in good shape. At least this isn’t as insane as Hawaii where her 79;year old father at more stamina.  By the way Simell is hot but honestly, they went all the way to Paris for us to watch her huff and puff up the Eiffel Tower - why would I pay for that?

I looked up the French lady’s Instagram and she didn’t even seem to post that she was on the show tonight.  I wonder what she really thought of the gang/show.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I think Tal indicated this was his most embarrassing/uncomfortable  thing (as far as being revealed).  

I thought it was that he once tried to have sex with Whit but she turned him down? 😯

Random thoughts:

When the hostess of the "engagement party" asked Chase what he was "really thinking" when Buddy rubbed Whit's feet 😖

Speaking of the "party" hostess - looks like if he wants, Ryan can have his own obnoxious, braying fatty!

Asking Chase when he "knew he would propose" and he says "WV because my dad and sister loved her" - are we just pretending he has no mom?  His mom is dead? She ran off years ago? 🙄

Wasn't that chocolate Eiffel Tower the one she was chowing on in the bathtub in an instagram post last summer?  (Without any milk)

Ryan bitching about being in the dance video? 😄 Ha!  She has tasted her own medicine and it was bitter!  😄 

Lastly, he may have no future in improv but Buddy was the funniest by far at the "engagement party" (sorry Babs - all you did was show me where your daughter's attention-whore smutty genes came from) - when Whit said Chase made Buddy wear underwear and Buddy said "Pants!" - did you hear him in the background saying, "I don't walk around like Winnie the Pooh!" 😂😂😂

• LOL 10
16 minutes ago, princelina said:

I thought it was that he once tried to have sex with Whit but she turned him down? 😯

Random thoughts:

When the hostess of the "engagement party" asked Chase what he was "really thinking" when Buddy rubbed Whit's feet 😖

Speaking of the "party" hostess - looks like if he wants, Ryan can have his own obnoxious, braying fatty!

Asking Chase when he "knew he would propose" and he says "WV because my dad and sister loved her" - are we just pretending he has no mom?  His mom is dead? She ran off years ago? 🙄

Wasn't that chocolate Eiffel Tower the one she was chowing on in the bathtub in an instagram post last summer?  (Without any milk)

Ryan bitching about being in the dance video? 😄 Ha!  She has tasted her own medicine and it was bitter!  😄 

Lastly, he may have no future in improv but Buddy was the funniest by far at the "engagement party" (sorry Babs - all you did was show me where your daughter's attention-whore smutty genes came from) - when Whit said Chase made Buddy wear underwear and Buddy said "Pants!" - did you hear him in the background saying, "I don't walk around like Winnie the Pooh!" 😂😂😂

Maybe he meant the Whitney thing was the most embarrassing I was so confused that all these people were trying to sleep with one another, but can you confirm her saying Todd and Tal slept together or did I misunderstand it.  

Also, Chase said he brought the ring with him to Paris.  So he gets freaked out about having a discussion about kids but already knew he was going to marry this woman to point of carrying a ring around in his pocket?  Okay.

Also, why did the producers think we wanted to hear about Babs’ and Glenn’s sex life or anybody else’s ? 

So if I got this right, according to this episode:

Whitney slept with and/or dated Buddy

Whitney slept with and/or dated with Chase

Buddy slept with and/or dated Heather

Heather made out/kissed Ryan

Tal tried to sleep with Whitney

Todd dated Heather

Todd slept with and/or dated Tal

Was Ashley the only one not involved in any of these romantic entanglements?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Babs was cute/funny in the 1st season when she was unintentionally funny.  At some point she realized that people really liked her, so now she tries way too hard to be funny, and it isn't anymore.  It's just really, really obnoxious. It's like when a small child realizes that you're laughing at something they're doing, so they do it over and over and over and over, until they're driving you fucking nuts.

Shut.Up.Babs.

Heather is really kind of homely isn't she?  Never realized it until tonight.  No wonder Ryan was embarrassed by that kiss.

Tal was a grump-ass from the very beginning of the Engagement Party, so I can't blame it on any of the questions.  What's up with him?

Ashley got downright snotty when Whit picked Heather as her Maid of Honor.  I've noticed that she's frequently an instigator among the group.  Like when she made sure that Heather knew that Buddy's clothes were hanging in the closet at Whit's new place, and when she thought it was just so funny that Ryan only booked 1 room for the 3 of them.  She bugs me.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 5

My husband, stopping in his tracks as he walks by the TV: Oh, my god WHY are you still watching that fat chick?
Me: It's honestly rubbernecking at this point.
(to his credit, we have a 4K 65" television and she looks absolutely enormous on it)

Todd's nipples deserve an episode of their own. Damn.

I'm in love with Gaelle. Sweatney could learn a thing or four from her. I want a Big Fat Gaelle is Truly Fabulous series.

Ryan's dance video efforts are akin to a four-year-old who didn't get the biggest cookie. "Can I do a different thing?" OK, yeah, sure. Take her company credit card and charge plane tickets (and only two rooms) but shit in your own pants during a dance tutorial. Sure thing, fratbro. You're not cute enough to be attractive when you pout.

Ashley: What are Whitney, Ryan, and Chase doing right now?
Honey, if you have to ask...

The first thing I thought when I saw Cshasey's "romantic" dinner in their suite (the one they share with fratbro Ryan) was "holy shit, there's nowhere near enough food there for Sweatney." Then she called it "sensible" and I laughed.
The second thing I thought was, "DAMN he just charged that room service ALL TO HER BUSINESS." She got him back by jumping into "so, you wanna talk about this whole 'kids' thing?" 

OH my GOD if I have to hear Sweatney's fucking stair count at La Tour Eiffel ONE MORE FUCKING TIME. Cschasey seemed to sprint up those stairs like a gazelle, so we know who's going to be doing playground duty if we are unfortunate enough for them to procreate. 

At least she put on more clothing for the proposal.
/eye roll

If I had any doubt that the engagement was fake, the proposal sealed that. Her reaction was completely underwhelming and Cschasey had to remind himself to actually profess his love for Sweatney.

I am going to have to pause this "engagement party" and pour myself another glass of wine. Jesus wept.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nytonc said:

I love that they played the clips of Twit humping & sighing & draping herself all over Buddy. 

Of course, it’s a fake relationship but if it were real, I would LOVE for  a girl that Chase knows to hang out with him alone, take secret calls from, lay on, lay in bed with, has had past sex with, has made out with, to be in his life! I would love Big Twits reaction!!! 😂😂🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 11