Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Coliesa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, String Theory said:

I had kidney surgery last year and they sent me home with 60 oxycodone.  Think I took 2 and gave the rest to the sheriff's office when they had a drug take back.  They couldn't believe I was given that many....... 

I forgot why but my husband got at least 30 when he had a skin cancer removed from his ear and they had to do skin grafts.  He took one.     The ER nurse couldn't believe I refused to take one when I broke my arm and leg.  I took advil pm for a few nights to sleep. but that was it.

The tv reset itself.   thank heavens so he can binge watch some PPV stuff during the duration

• Love 4
1 minute ago, snarkish said:

I have to say this... I have been on a "journey" since January 1st. I watch every damn thing that goes in my mouth. No candy, no soda, no cake/ice cream, fast food, high sodium foods, etc. I am on the scale twice a day. I'm walking close to 10K steps every day or more, and speed walk my neighborhood at every given moment, yesterday I did 4 miles. Dr. Now would probably be disappointed in me as well, as I have "only" lost 15 pounds in 2.5 months. It is HARD. Although most of these people piss me off, I have to say, I am feeling her frustration tonight for some reason. 

Congrats on your weight loss!

You're right, losing weight is HARD. I used to weigh 250 lbs. and was on Weight Watchers for two years until I reached my goal of 160 lbs.  (I'm 5'10"). 

The thing that really pisses me off about  the majority of Dr. Now's patients think that they don't need to stick to/modify their diets that all they want is the "magic pill" of weight loss.  They're also morbidly obese and most have a crap load of baggage that contributes to some of their issues.

They don't understand that they're going to have to make this a total lifestyle change and are going to change their way of thinking forever.  Also they need to do the work with a therapist in order to lose their underlying baggage.

She only lost 25 lbs.  She's tired....guess all of that stress caused her to eat bad.  Watching her eat that green bean reminded me of a 2 year old.

Dr. Now busted her by finding nicotine in her blood.   Nice smokers cough.

• Love 12
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Where's the trombone with the WAH WAH WAH WAHHHHHH...sound when she sees the scale result.

LOL that would be great and quite an improvement over the vibrating wavery background music they so often play.  You know the sound I'm talking about.....

• Love 3

The darling couple that lives next door who are both nurses just texted us that they will do errands for us elderly people.   The neighbor across the street is doing my laundry because our washer died.  I love my neighborhood.

I guess too many years of hurricane prep has taken hold because today I went and filled up the car before I went for groceries.  I think it might be a while before we are hungry as I spent almost $300.

• Love 9

Wow, is this a first, beautiful FRESH vegetables but...... did her friend just boil or steam them plain? You really can make vegetables taste delicious without adding a lot of calories.

Oh boy, she can wipe herself AND her belly doesn't touch the steering wheel any more Dr. Now!

BTW, love Dr. Now but cigarettes/nicotine are addictive and telling someone to just stop ain't gonna cut it with a lot of people, especially those like Coliesa who obviously has problems with addiction. That has always bugged me about him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm bored and went back to reading reddit. Just learned that my regional grocer has set 7-8 am as the hour for seniors (that would be me). Do these people not realize that I retired so I didn't have to be anywhere at 8 am?

My mom said Stop n Shop had 6-7 for seniors. She said, "but I'm still asleep at 7!" (she's 75 and my dad's 80 and had a hip replacement three weeks ago and can't drive yet)

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, snarkish said:

Dr. Now would probably be disappointed in me as well, as I have "only" lost 15 pounds in 2.5 months.

You probably aren't in the 600 pound range so it will take you longer. Good for you, I am proud of you and wish I could get motivated again.

• Love 8

My question is how Coliesa's getting her scripts for Hydrocodone renewed?    She better watch it or she'll end up on the Texas drug abuser list (like Steven A. did) , and get cut way back.   Dr. Now doesn't play with addicts any more.    

• Useful 3
  • Love 6