Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S18.E10: Live and Let Tie Dye

Tie dye is back in a big way, and the designers will need to create their own textiles to elevate the trend from casual to couture; in a twist that may feel more like a trick to the designers, it's an overnight challenge.

Original air date: 2/13/20

That Sergio! What a card!

I made a couple tie-dyed (RIT brand and rubber bands) tee-shirts in my college dormitory bathroom, ca. 1968. They were pretty cool!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 12

I forgot his name, but so far I’m liking the military green outfit by the one guy. (Edit: Geoffrey.)

The skater dress is cute, too.

Segio’s is looking too basic to me.

Let’s see the runway.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 4

I like these designers, but do they not realize they are literally ganging up on Nancy? I hope their Moms are watching (or an older relative/friend that would not approve).

• Like 22
  • Laugh 2

For me tie dye has never gone out of style.  My favorites are Nancy, even though she was a bit annoying, Geoffrey, and Marquise.

Edited by IvyCeltress · Reason: Damn you auto correct
  • Like 6

Wow, LOL.  Leslie Jones called Nancy's basic and gushed over Sergio's, which to me, was very basic and not tie dye.

Thank you Elaine for praising Nancy's look!

• Like 23

Overall, I'm not impressed with the color usage and saturation.  I think it should have been 2 days to allow the dye and fabric to cure for 24 hours.  It could be the dyes that they used.  

Nancy-She knew what she was doing.  Really good grid pattern.  Pretty outfit.

Sergio-Pretty dress.  Where was the color?  I saw a faint yellow around the hem?  Okay. Got up close, hombre. 

Victoria-Her colors were good.....I think her design ruined whatever pattern she had going.  Did she really insult Marques?  What!!!

Marques-I found it boring.  Too washed out?  Perhaps it goes back to lack of curing?  He was happy with his colors though.

Devlon-Those colors should have been more vibrant.  I made a spiral design tshirt in that exact color pattern.  I think it's the lack of time to let the dye set.

Brittany-Also dull.  Washed out even.

Geoffrey-He had popcorn and watercoloring.  Nice!  Mustache rubber bands are easier to use than zip ties.  

Bastards!  You just insulted my tshirt color. 

Edited by dosodog
  • Like 11

Wow...the judges are giving Victoria another pass on any awful design. 

Delvn's is FAR better than Victoria's.....she better go... but I DOUBT she will. 

• Like 22
  • Sad 2

Geoffrey's is miles above Sergio.  Come on judges.

Delvin is gone.  They won't get rid of Victoria.

My guess for final 3 is Victoria, Sergio and hopefully Geoffrey.

• Like 7

I liked Nancy's, loved Geoffrey's! Sergio reminds me of an awkward little boy who is so socially unaware. Victoria need to go!

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

Oh, and Leslie Jones needs to be a permanent judge. Her snark is on point. 

Yes! Leslie Jones and Laverne Cox -- that would be amazing.

• Like 16

So would Sergio’s design be another “back to the ‘50’s” design?  😁😁. It was pretty but not enough (or maybe visible enough) tie-dye, IMO.  I’m not a fan of godets.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Yay!  Geoffrey!

Nina watching Leslie Jones hug Geoffrey - she has a poker face.  I always wonder what is Nina really thinking, lol.

• Like 9

I forgot this was a flash sale-Geoffrey’s is perfect for that! And a perfect dress too!!

Of course Victoria’s safe 🙄

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

I freaking love tie dye - this really makes me want to do a shirt soon.

So glad it's Geoffrey for the win here, it's a simple dress in a way but so well executed and still very different with the dye pattern.  Beautiful!  And Leslie is right, you can adjust that dress design for a lot of different sized women and it will look fab.

I would so like Sergio more if he would keep his mouth shut - he's probably much better IRL.  We are getting the editing monkey sound bites but he's got to be shoveling the raw material right in front of them.

Guess I'm not surprised to see Delvin go - everyone on there remarked on what a great tailor he was but that doesn't make a great designer.  I'll have to go over his earlier designs for the show...I'm just not seeing it.

Leslie can be a bit much at times but I do think it was sweet of her to give Geoffrey a hug and reassure him.  

• Like 20

I think most people will agree that Victoria's look was the worst. But at least there was an attempt at a different design element in her look. The worst thing you can do on PR is offer nothing new for the judges to react to -- favorably or unfavorably.

Edited by bencr
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

25 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Yes! Leslie Jones and Laverne Cox -- that would be amazing.

Leslie was the best part of the show.

• Like 17