Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Talk

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

“In the cups” someone was watching Southern Charm today? 😊

No, I was watching much more highbrow TV, like VanderPump Rules and RHNYC 😀

I think I just have a lot of terms for “drunk” for the same reason that it was rumored that Eskimos have 16 terms for the word “ice.”  😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I feel so bad for Reza and Adam's pets to have to be subjected to, not only camera crew/production, but all of the fighting, Tommy Feight trashing the backyard, The yelling and negative energy coming from these clowns. Sad place for a pet to be living.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

The part with the dolls that were supposed to simulate the stuff that went on between Nema and GG in the hot tub was so long, boring and immature, and makes me embarrassed I watch this show.  It’s shocking how boring some of these reality TV shows can make sex when they sensationalize it to the nth degree.  

I was pretty shocked that the story they each told with the dolls was pretty much the same.  And while I suspect that Nema is just not that into GG and her crazy, but knows that’s his hook for staying in the cast so he plays it up - I still respect him for saying he was not going to have sex with someone too wasted to consent. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

GG can get off her high horse any day now. She needs to stop ragging on MJ for meddling and inserting herself into her friends lives. Has not been the MO of this entire group from day one? Also, has all that cannabis smoking wiped GG's memory of the entire season she tried to come between Mike and Jessica and ruin their marriage??

MJ probably shouldn't have been so condescending about Paulina dating a Persian man, but what she said was wasn't untrue. Mike has always been very strict and controlling with his partners--he barely allows them to speak. Paulina was messy for immediately playing runtelldat and making MJ's off-the-cuff comment into a much bigger deal.  Moreover, there was no need for Mike to cut the group outing short so he could address the issue. He can be a total selfish prick at times but the entire ordeal smells of producer intervention to me.  

Paulina's "ritual" also reeked of producer intervention to me. Who in their right mind wants to play that "game" on their birthday? Even the producers of this show seem to be over it. Put it out of its misery, Bravo. I'd take Family Karma over this any day.

Mike is a grade A hypocrite; he proposes that the group cease talking about one another behind their backs but then reveals later the same day during the post-luau game to Sara they have been all discussing her behind her back. 

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Rahul said:

Paulina's "ritual" also reeked of producer intervention to me. Who in their right mind wants to play that "game" on their birthday? Even the producers of this show seem to be over it. Put it out of its misery, Bravo. I'd take Family Karma over this any day.

IKR???  For once I had to agree with Reza 100%.  His reaction to her “ritual” was hilarious (and accurate).  Like just NOOOOOOOOOO. NO. NO. NO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Maybe Nema's only took her daughter was because it was the only way she could get out of the marriage.  I can see Nema's dad not allowing Nema to go with her.  If so, that's too bad she doesn't just tell Nema that.  After all, that is a culture where sons are more valued than daughters.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2020 at 2:37 PM, AnnieBananie said:

You could tell Paulina was PISSED that the romantic trip was becoming a group trip. I would have been!

I told my husband the same thing! If you're planning something for "me", include people that care about me and that I care about. Otherwise, call it a trip for yourself. I hope I made that clear to my husband. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I am now just hate-watching and wanting this show to be euthanised.

Reza - please don't speak Persian again, never heard anyone mangle a beautiful language with such a horrible accent.

Merc - shes 50. Her jowls were really noticeable and to think that as an almost granny you're wearing thongs and carrying on to basically feed your family is sad.

GG - she thinks she can get any guy but Im consistently drawn to how unsexy she is. Its like she has all the parts, nice hair, plastic surgery, thin, tan, nails, big boobs etc but she is not only not attractive but shes sooooo unsexy. I dunno maybe a guy can chime in...

Please Bravo - get rid of all these people and find some rich Persians who can at least give us some lifestyle p0rn. I don't want to watch geriatric fools demean themselves for food and rent money ever again.

On a side note - people on here who have no close connection to the Iranian community and say comments like " their culture is to value boys more than girls" please stop. The Iranian diaspora community is very well known for being quite liberal and it offends me when I hear these lazy tropes.

• Love 9
On 4/26/2020 at 7:35 PM, howiveaddict said:

After all, that is a culture where sons are more valued than daughters.

This is such an untrue and sweeping generalization. 

59 minutes ago, ladypoodle said:

On a side note - people on here who have no close connection to the Iranian community and say comments like " their culture is to value boys more than girls" please stop. The Iranian diaspora community is very well known for being quite liberal and it offends me when I hear these lazy tropes.

Word.

• Love 5

Ugh. Reza is so vile and stupid, but GG is such the quintessential lame reject from high school who finally finds a gaggle of sad losers who are as boring and useless as she is. She's such a creepy poseur who always looks like she's trying too hard but at the same time trying to act hard. Hey, Dumb Dumb--you're not cool because you smoke pot. She's the uncool kid who talks about weed and has never even seen it. And like someone upthread said, despite checking all the boxes, she is super fug and unfortunate looking.

• Love 5

Episode 13:

"Bye, Bye, Ms. Iranian Pie"

GG is preparing herself for another IVF journey; Nema and his sister Mona gather with their dad to get closure on their parents' divorce; MJ hosts a Sip 'N See for baby Shams; Destiney is caught in the middle when Mike sides with his girlfriend.

Airs May 1, 2020.

I don’t know why this hit me on the last episode, but I am so sad MJ and Tommy named their baby Shams.  There are ways of honoring the lost without making your kid live with that name for at least 18 years.  If they had to, couldn’t they make ‘Shams’ his middle name and give him a first name that...sounds less like ‘Shams’?  

It is sweet how in love with MJ that Tommy is.  I don’t know if I could have met my husband on Tinder.  But they did it and it’s working for them.  Beats the shit out of Reza and Adam anyway.  

It was way too soon for Tommy to make jokes about having his bat in the car though.  If I were Reza and I had dropped the charges and heard him say that on TV, I would have felt like I was played.  Maybe this is part of the reason he held off. 

So Mike was fine with MJ in Hawaii, but now he’s taking his grudge back to California?  That’s weird.  It feels like drama for drama’s sake or something that happened that wasn’t allowed to air.  I hate that.  

I get bored watching this.  There were a few minutes devoted to filming people walking up stairs for God’s sake, so I pick up on little things.  I realized that although I think MJ looks really young for her age—I would probably put her right around 40 if I were guessing—she is just not a good looking woman.  Her face is so harsh.  That chin could launch a thousand ships.  And this is with every cosmetic procedure under the sun and makeup machine-gunned on.  

GG kind of looks like shit too.  Agree with everything written upthread by @StevieRocks.  Her looks have really faded in the past few years.  She now looks like someone she would have made fun of in season one.  

When Nema said that he looks at his half-sister Sara as his full sister, my first thought was, “oh, so he’s in love with her too.”  Season nine perhaps?

Mike should wear his gold medallion with those sunglasses with the mini gold medallions on them that he wore at the beginning of the season.  That would be a great look.  I do not believe for one second he is making honest progress on that building site.  He’s not doing anything with his hands, and he’s way too disorganized and impatient to supervise.  Mike shows up in his $400 t-shirt, takes a few pictures, shakes a few hands, maybe drinks some coffee from a styrofoam cup, and he peaces.  

Less Destiney than I expected.  That is the highest compliment I think I can pay.  

I got so bored that I tuned out for a sec, but what I gathered is that Reza isn’t going to press charges, but he and Adam made a decision as a married couple to keep the restraining order.  That seems oddly extremely fair at this point.  It’s not like Tommy is running for office and needs a clean record.  He committed a crime and now he is not even doing time, just living with some consequences.  What is so upsetting about that to MJ?  

Onto “the reunion”....

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

GG kind of looks like shit too.  Agree with everything written upthread by @StevieRocks.  Her looks have really faded in the past few years.  She now looks like someone she would have made fun of in season one.  

I think GG is styling herself badly. The jet black hair and red lip is just too harsh for her. I wish she would get over her current look.  She is much more attractive with lighter hair and lipstick. 

GG's opinion of Sara's brother was hilarious. The faces she was making were too funny. I agree with her, that guy is a dog.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

Is WWHL the reunion?  I’m watching it like it’s the reunion, but now I’m thinking it may not be.  

I wish Reza would let Adam speak for himself.  Adam is such a bad liar that I just want to watch him dig his own grave.  He is so not quick on his feet.  Adam never took a nude photo and they’re having so much sex Adam is beating off Reza with a stick?  Bullshit!

Adam’s tell is to frantically pet Tini (aka Marty) like some kind of Bond villain.  I swear the dog lost half a coat of hair.  

983C13E2-EC9F-4DCF-9275-9250E8A47EF4.jpeg.44f905137ba2b507c58252608b22b413.jpeg

Reza is a much better liar than Adam, which I appreciate, but if they’re just going to lie, what is the point?  

I haven’t watched WWHL since the live guests were cancelled, as I can’t deal with the shoddy audio, but no matter how true Tommy’s story may be, I literally can’t sit here and listen to him scream into the camera with his uncouth accent.  The message is being lost in the medium.  Take a fucking Xanax Tommy and collect yourself.  

If there is a real reunion, I guess I’ll see everyone there.  I just can’t do this yelling shit by Tommy.  If there is any tea spilled, hopefully someone will post about it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Nema is such a bitch .... boo hoo is childhood was so bad yet his sister is fine.... he acts like he was homeless and beaten as a child 

Mike is worthless ... he acts like he’s some baller but he’s the family f-up ... I hope he fails with the condo project 

Tommy is annoying as Fck ... he thinks he’s some tough guy and damn MJ is gonna be in a parade on thanksgiving ... she’s HUGE and nasty 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

After all the stuff that happened in the episode, I can't believe I'm focusing on this, but...

Why do all the ladies pet their hair???  I have very long hair and don't spend my days stroking it for hours on end.  Do hair extensions have some kind of addictive substance that makes it virtually impossible to avoid touching it over and over and over???  

(Sorry for this, but after seeing so many ladies stroking themselves, I had to ask...)

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

GG's opinion of Sara's brother was hilarious. The faces she was making were too funny. I agree with her, that guy is a dog.

I was laughing at GG's comment- he's no James Bond!

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, OnceSane said:

"Bye, Bye, Ms. Iranian Pie"

GG is preparing herself for another IVF journey; Nema and his sister Mona gather with their dad to get closure on their parents' divorce; MJ hosts a Sip 'N See for baby Shams; Destiney is caught in the middle when Mike sides with his girlfriend.

Not a whole lot interesting happened this week, but I thought they said they ended their grievances in HI after performing that "birthday ritual"? I must have missed this, but why does MJ and Tommy's baby have that horrible name? I never knew about "sip and see" parties until one of the housewife shows on Bravo had one. I guess we're lucky MJ didn't insist on a "push party" too. I'm really starting to despise Destiney; must she always show up wearing  a ridiculous costume to their get-togethers? Speaking of which, I suddenly realized that loser Sam looks like an Eminem poseur. Meanwhile, Mike managed to spend a lot of money to make his later father's medal(?) into a cheap and gaudy medallion. I'm sure his parents were horrified. They didnt believe him when he tried to bluff  that he was handling that tenement just fine. I am beyond tired of the "Naked Jenga" thing still being danced around and no one addressing Adam starting it.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 8

"why does MJ and Tommy's baby have that horrible name?"

Their baby boy's name is Shams.

He was named after MJ's recently deceased father.

MJ adored her father. She was honoring him. 

• Love 15

Tommy actually looks good, but maybe it’s in comparison (to MJ)? Not good in that I’d ever be interested, bc that ugly personality. MJ is grotesque, and not bc pf her weight (as someone who has lost a bunch, I am the last person to weight-shame).
I think Reza might be scared of Adam, physically?

All of these reality tv women pet their extensions/wigs/weaves.

Destiney’s dress was pretty, what I want to know is how MJ made it up those stairs! And her old, mean ass mama. Congrats mean ass Vida on still using that dark lip liner when everyone has told you how hideous it looks.

I liked the words of wisdom Sara laid on whiny Nema. And way to ruin your sister’s graduation lunch. Butthole. Sara’s house?!?! 😳😳😳

The less makeup GG has on, the better she looks IMO. I think she’s so pretty. I’m happy for her, that she had a healthy baby.

Mike is nasty. Inside & out. He’s going to cause his family to go broke if they keep ‘investing’ that kind of money to him.

These people, it’s like a tacky contest any time they get dressed.

I was dying, waiting to see who was gonna runtelldat & how fast & it was Nema 😅. Grown ups would sit down, the 4 of them, with perhaps a mediator (professional, not Nema or Mike or Destiney). Destiney also seemed to he tripping balls at that party. Speaking of, what was the theme/purpose? I saw Independence & the name of the epi, but what were they celebrating?

• Love 5

The reunion was supposed to take place next week, according to the schedule.  Though they may not have filmed it due to current circumstances.  Maybe they'll Zoom it instead?

• Love 1
(edited)

Hard to believe anything Adam/Reza say after watching them on WWHL. They seemed overly "produced" including their matching recycled Bamboozled tshirts. Reza, as usual, is  over the top. Tired of his "look at me, look at me" schtick. Always auditioning for a Broadway gig. The more I see of Adam, the less I think of him. Agree about the poor dog.

We found out they don't play naked jenga together, Adam has never sent naked images of himself to people, just images he found online. Like that makes it better.

They make a great pair. It was entertaining to watch both of them try to look innocent and believable. 

If what Tommy said is correct, they will be together forever. Tommy said the storyline of their marriage derailing is just that, a story. There is no prenup, so no divorce.

MJ said that the duos Bamboozled tshirts, that Reza wore in Hawaii and said was for this trip, was, in fact, something they made after Asa left the show.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 4

I found it interesting to watch MJ while Tommy was screaming and ranting on WWHL. There was something in her eyes while he was going on and on, but I can't quite give it a name. Fear? Acceptance that this is her lot?

I have to give the WWHL win to Adam and Reza, unfortunately. I hate all four of them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Is the Bamboozled in ref to anything on this show?

I didn't notice it talked about during the episode, but have to multitask to make it thru. MJ mentioned it during WWHL.

I delete episode after watching so I can't go back and see. 

I guess it could be a reference to me watching this, but here I am, watching.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

found it interesting to watch MJ while Tommy was screaming and ranting on WWHL

I was actually fearful that Tommy was going to give himself a heart attack, his whole head was turning red.  MJ was uncharacteristically quiet.  Did she coach him?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

They should have made it his middle name.

I don't see why.  Shams may not be the typical American name, but it means something to the baby's parents and honors his grandfather.  This group is a subculture of America and I love the diversity in our country and celebrate it.

• Love 10

My blood nearly boils when I see Adam's self-righteous mug on my screen. He has perverted the truth, lied and taken no accountability for his actions regarding his sexually inappropriate texts and actions. MJ is not the reason for all this--his sexual deviance and the subsequent coverup is.

Adam's insistence on retaining the restraining order against Tommy is a maneuver to assert power in the relationship after being shat on for years; it has nothing to do with feeling safe.  (After all, GG assaulted Adam and left scratches on his neck a few seasons ago in her attempt to attack Reza but there was no paperwork filed).

To me, this indicates that Adam has control of Reza's assets because Reza usually doesn't cower or show anyone deference--especially not his husband. Moreover, Adam is using the restraining order to distance Reza from the person who divulged his dirty little secrets. MJ and Adam have never liked each other from the start, and now Adam finally has leverage over Reza and a means to freeze MJ and Tommy from filming with them.

Adam has created divisive rifts within the group which threatens the very existence of this show.  GG's sour attitude towards MJ is likely a mixture of baby envy and misguided loyalty towards Adam.  If Reza and Adam can effectively convince the others not to film with MJ, she will effectively be iced off the show. 

Nema walking away from his half-sister's celebratory graduation dinner only to brood at the restaurant balcony felt like a very forced and scripted moment.

The birth of a first child is a very big deal--especially at MJ's age, and considering the arduous road and significant toll it took. Thus, it's a big slap in the face when your alleged nearest and dearest who never visited you once in the hospital refuse to come to see your baby. That tells me everything I need to know about the depth and authenticity of these so-called friendships.

Mike, GG and Reza behaved like passive-aggressive, petulant children by skipping MJ's Sip & See. I would have been extremely hurt if I was in MJ's shoes. Mike's beef with MJ should have been laid to rest in Hawaii. He has historically been one of MJ's biggest supporters, but either his ego is more fragile than I had realized, or Paulina is a meddlesome shit-stirrer. It looked like a grand and lovely event, especially juxtaposed to Sara's relatively low-rent Independence Day party.

I was only to watch a few minutes of the WWHL interview with Reza and Adam before I had to turn it off because I couldn't look at Adam's smug, lying face for another second. Those two looked like James Bond villains, stroking their kitty on camera and spouting lies.

If Reza and Adam think the audience can't see behind their transparent tactics, they are sorely mistaken.  If this show does in fact return for another season, I hope Reza and Adam are fired and that Bravo cites the restraining order as the reason for termination. That would be karmic justice.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Does Tommy have a job?

Better question, has he ever had been employed?

I was very curious about this a couple of weeks ago and could not point you to exact sources, but this is what I found.  He apparently used to work in marketing.  It is not clear how a dopey hothead like him could work in marketing or what his duties were, but that's what is said.  Then he seems to have inherited some money and quit to be a stay at home dad for a while.  So with their Bravo money, they feel they can coast for a while. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Rahul said:

My blood nearly boils when I see Adam's self-righteous mug on my screen. He has perverted the truth, lied and taken no accountability for his actions regarding his sexually inappropriate texts and actions. MJ is not the reason for all this--his sexual deviance and the subsequent coverup is.

Adam's insistence on retaining the restraining order against Tommy is a maneuver to assert power in the relationship after being shat on for years; it has nothing to do with feeling safe.  (After all, GG assaulted Adam and left scratches on his neck a few seasons ago in her attempt to attack Reza but there was no paperwork filed).

To me, this indicates that Adam has control of Reza's assets because Reza usually doesn't cower or show anyone deference--especially not his husband. Moreover, Adam is using the restraining order to distance Reza from the person who divulged his dirty little secrets. MJ and Adam have never liked each other from the start, and now Adam finally has leverage over Reza and a means to freeze MJ and Tommy from filming with them.

Adam has created divisive rifts within the group which threatens the very existence of this show.  GG's sour attitude towards MJ is likely a mixture of baby envy and misguided loyalty towards Adam.  If Reza and Adam can effectively convince the others not to film with MJ, she will effectively be iced off the show. 

Nema walking away from his half-sister's celebratory graduation dinner only to brood at the restaurant balcony felt like a very forced and scripted moment.

The birth of a first child is a very big deal--especially at MJ's age, and considering the arduous road and significant toll it took. Thus, it's a big slap in the face when your alleged nearest and dearest who never visited you once in the hospital refuse to come to see your baby. That tells me everything I need to know about the depth and authenticity of these so-called friendships.

Mike, GG and Reza behaved like passive-aggressive, petulant children by skipping MJ's Sip & See. I would have been extremely hurt if I was in MJ's shoes. Mike's beef with MJ should have been laid to rest in Hawaii. He has historically been one of MJ's biggest supporters, but either his ego is more fragile than I had realized, or Paulina is a meddlesome shit-stirrer. It looked like a grand and lovely event, especially juxtaposed to Sara's relatively low-rent Independence Day party.

I was only to watch a few minutes of the WWHL interview with Reza and Adam before I had to turn it off because I couldn't look at Adam's smug, lying face for another second. Those two looked like James Bond villains, stroking their kitty on camera and spouting lies.

If Reza and Adam think the audience can't see behind their transparent tactics, they are sorely mistaken.  If this show does in fact return for another season, I hope Reza and Adam are fired and that Bravo cites the restraining order as the reason for termination. That would be karmic justice.

Reza's failure to visit MJ followed by his outburst about abortions is ultimately unforgiveable.  While people say these shows are scripted, I sincerely doubt that abortion comment was ever scripted by producers.  Of course, once it was said, it was replayed endlessly.  Maybe the ugliest moment ever on any Housewives show.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, GussieK said:

I was very curious about this a couple of weeks ago and could not point you to exact sources, but this is what I found.  He apparently used to work in marketing.  It is not clear how a dopey hothead like him could work in marketing or what his duties were, but that's what is said.  Then he seems to have inherited some money and quit to be a stay at home dad for a while.  So with their Bravo money, they feel they can coast for a while. 

Okay, Thanks.

I will laugh if the restraining order leads Bravo to dump both Reza and Adam while keeping the rest.  I'd take two more seasons of Destiney if they made that happen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Is the Bamboozled in ref to anything on this show?

I assumed it was something from a season I missed or they were merely trying to make it a thin or giving someone's business a plug.

3 hours ago, GussieK said:

Didn't Tommy say what happened on the show? I think he said he spent all his resources on MJ and decided he liked being stay-at-home.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Does Tommy have a job?

Better question, has he ever had been employed?

I thought Tommy owned a dog walking business, but I could be mistaking him for one of MJ's past boyfriends--Charlie was it?

Speaking of blasts from the past, did anyone else notice Sammy from season one at MJ's Sip & See? He was sporting a full greyish white beard.

• Love 1

Tommy had a job at one point because I remember him being away for work or at work during an event they were filming.  I honestly can’t even keep track of how long they’ve been together.  Is this his 3rd season?

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I assumed it was something from a season I missed or they were merely trying to make it a thin or giving someone's business a plug

MJ said on WWHL that the shirts had something to do with Asa's leaving the show. I didn't pay attention to hear details beyond that.

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

MJ said on WWHL that the shirts had something to do with Asa's leaving the show. I didn't pay attention to hear details beyond that.

I heard that too and I was paying attention but I still couldn't understand what MJ was trying to convey about the Bamboozled T shirts and Asa. 

22 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I was actually fearful that Tommy was going to give himself a heart attack, his whole head was turning red.  MJ was uncharacteristically quiet.  Did she coach him?

I wouldn’t be surprised if MJ coached him - perhaps a loyal flying monkey.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if MJ coached him - perhaps a loyal flying monkey.

I thought she looked a bit overwhelmed and at one point patted his arm as if to get him to tone it down. 

Am over a few things from this season:

- Nema’s constant bitching about his “horrible” childhood.  As the child of divorced parents and a father who beat my mother up in front of me, I look at his situation and say get over it.  His sister is fine and his parents are both alive and love him.   He’s a pussy.

- Reza is deplorable.  Was turned off from him the moment he called out MJ publicly about her abortions.  Can’t stand him or his husband. She’s better off without him being in her life.

- Destiney.

• Love 13

I'm curious to know how much production gets involved in planning these parties.  Sometimes I think the people at Bravo do all the planning (Sham's Sip and See, Vida's retirement party...) and the hosts just show up and look like they've arranged it all.  What do you all think?  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm curious to know how much production gets involved in planning these parties.  Sometimes I think the people at Bravo do all the planning (Sham's Sip and See, Vida's retirement party...) and the hosts just show up and look like they've arranged it all.  What do you all think?  

I’m pretty sure that must be the case. These parties would be very expensive. Bravo probably plans and pays. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GussieK said:

I thought she looked a bit overwhelmed and at one point patted his arm as if to get him to tone it down. 

Yeah, to look good for the camera after whipping him up at home to do her bidding. Like her mother, MJ seems manipulative and controlling.

• Love 1