Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Episode 5

• Start Topic

Sister Frances is at a loss when she cares for diabetic and recovering cancer patient Albert Calthorpe whose fiercely independent wife Grace refuses to accept further help, despite caring for her husband, her elderly mother and her pregnant daughter. Meanwhile, Violet is given two tickets to new hit film The Sound of Music and decides to raffle them off with all proceeds going to the incubator fund, while Timothy, Angela and May want to give their parents a night off, but they're not sure how.

Airs February 2, 2020.

Best episode in ages. I cried a lot. The stuff with Patrick and Shelagh was cheesy but lovely - and how good was it to see Tim Turner again! The storyline with the anxious dad gave us a chance to get to know Sister Hilda a bit more, and I liked her scenes with Phyllis.

That poor overworked woman who was looking after her husband, her elderly mother and her grandchildren was heartbreaking, and showed once again how great this show is at examining the lives of ordinary women and the backbreaking, unsung, unpaid work done by many. It was good to see Sister Frances getting a decent storyline, and the interaction between Sister Julienne and Sister Monica Joan was full of heart.

Now, if we could just find out a bit more about Valerie. When will TPTB give her more to do??

• Love 16

Agreed - that was the best episode this season. I loved every single plot but particularly Sister Julienne's. It was very well done, we got the opening of her walking through the streets and market and always being greeted and appreciated. Then she got called out by two women for living a protected and sheltered life - while it was unfair to a certain degree there was also some truth in their words. And I loved how she decided to take a walk without the protection of her habit to see and feel how it is to be 'invisible'. Jenny Agutter was fantastic in those scenes. There were also little hints how she has become too rigid, declining Sister Monica Joan's request or when she frowned upon Trixi sitting with her legs up which made seeing her later enjoying an ice-cream in the cinema even more poignant. That little outing did her good in more than one way and all her scenes with Sister Monica Joan were the icing on the cake.

Sister Frances finally showed some steel when she sent the daughter packing. Hopefully that bit of character growth will continue. All the solutions she whipped up for Mrs Calthorp were maybe a bit much but I'll let it slide.

Great continuity with Sister Hilda. IIRC she was a champion for dads being present during the birth before. Nurse Crane might come around one day too. Great dialogue between these two and show hasn't forgotten that Phyllis is not religious. Oh, and "what makes night within us may leave stars" alone is worth one additional hanky on the hanky-meter. 

And as if all that was not enough Timothy returns and continues his winning streak as best teenager on tv. Doctor Turner also made me a bit weepy when he recalled hearing Shelagh's (Sister Bernadette's) voice and finding solace after a horrible day. It brings back one of my all-time favorite scenes when Shelagh was so distraught about Timothy's polio that she rushed to Nonnatus House and joined the sisters for Compline (just after Sister Monica Joan had expressed how much she missed her voice). Well played show - well played.

5 out of 5 hankies.

Spoiler

And the promo just confirmed hopes and predictions from last week's episode 😁

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 14

This was my favorite episode of the season too.  Maybe because The Sound of Music was my favorite movie as a kid.  No, it was definitely seeing more of the Turners' love story.  And Sister Julienne's walk in regular clothes.  It makes you think about all the different paths a life can choose.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, anyasmom said:

And Sister Julienne's walk in regular clothes. 

This was so great.  I loved every bit of it.  And the whole episode.  I really wanted to shake that selfish daughter, IDC she just gave birth.  She was being a dickhead.  Sister Frances is really growing more being in Poplar & kicking the daughter back to her hubby highlighted this.

Timothy!  He is a gem.  Loved the girls winning and his plan to give his parents some alone time.  Well done.  Though I'm also starting to worry about those papers from the adoption agency.

• Love 8

Agreed, this was best episode of the season. It's been a while since the nuns were focus of an episode, so it was nice to see all 4 having something to do, particularly nice that Sr Hilda and Sr Frances got more to do they still feel quite new so nice to have them developed more. Sister Monica and her quest to see Sound of Music was fun, but also nice to see at the start to see her in her more sisterly duties at the last rites of the old woman. 

It's always great to have a story line with Sister Julianne as Jenny Agutter does a superb job as always. Her at cinema reminded me of the episode where she met her old love interest and they watched movie at his house.

Spoiler

Next weeks episode, I'm happy see return of Dr McNulty. Also seems I was right to be worried when they lingered on Mei's adoption papers last episodes, seems there's going to be some issue with it.

• Love 7

Has anyone else seen this on PBS?  Somehow, I saw this episode on the PBS streaming platform instead of the episode that was aired last night (which made the E4 thread very confusing to me this morning!)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Has anyone else seen this on PBS?  Somehow, I saw this episode on the PBS streaming platform instead of the episode that was aired last night (which made the E4 thread very confusing to me this morning!)

Yes! On Friday, PBS streaming had episodes 4 and 5 available to watch. I don’t know if they are both still up, but it made my day. 😊

• Love 1
On 4/20/2020 at 12:32 PM, OtterMommy said:

Yep. I noticed they dropped an extra ep. I was hoping they would release the whole season as a treat for those of us on lockdown.

• Love 2

I watch it on PBS on Sunday and then can see it on pbs online next day.  I loved this episode.  Just bought my mom The Sound of Music 😉  
If you don’t mind spoilers Wikipedia has all the episodes coming up.  I don’t mind and I just anticipate it more.  

Edited by debraran
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Now this the Call the Midwife I know & love...still some cut scenes but much better focussed and glad to see sisters Hilda & Frances having plotlines & sister Hilda being more forward thinking then Nurse Crane in allowing fathers in the delivery room!

• Love 6

Love Sr. MJ covering for Sr. Julienne playing hooky.  So sweet.

The times were a'changing with men in the delivery room but I must say that Phyllis handled it better than I thought she would.

Poor mom dealing with being in the sandwich generation, taking care of her mom whilst still taking care of her daughter AND grandkids.  I'd stick my head in the oven, too!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

Now this the Call the Midwife I know & love...still some cut scenes but much better focussed and glad to see sisters Hilda & Frances having plotlines & sister Hilda being more forward thinking then Nurse Crane in allowing fathers in the delivery room!

I think they cut out a couple of scenes with Timothy.  In one, he's with Shelagh and the little girls who are a bit tired out from their trip to see an escalator.  He tells Shelagh to go ahead and that he'll watch Angela and Mai.  The other scene, he and the girls are in Violet's shop and the girls win the tickets to see "The Sound of Music."

• Love 1

Loved Sister Frances telling that lazy lout of a daughter to move out of her mother’s and back with her husband. I also liked that she told Mr. Calthrop that he would need to learn how to give himself insulin injections. I kept saying that to the TV!
Poor Sister Julienne kept getting dumped on. Yeah, she wears such luxurious robes and lives a life of leisure! 🙄

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 13

No, of course Sister Julianne isn't living a life of luxury. But to a womsn with stunted dreams, too little money, too many kids and too many demands on her time it certainly seems like a nice life.

Edited by anna0852
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think they cut out a couple of scenes with Timothy.  In one, he's with Shelagh and the little girls who are a bit tired out from their trip to see an escalator.  He tells Shelagh to go ahead and that he'll watch Angela and Mai.  The other scene, he and the girls are in Violet's shop and the girls win the tickets to see "The Sound of Music."

We got the shop scene, but not the earlier scene, just Shelagh with Teddy in the pram running into Miss Higgins and saying the others had run ahead to Violet's shop.

I was frustrated by Mrs. Calthrop's being completely overwhelmed but also unwilling to say a word to anyone, even her own daughter, despite inquiries from both Sisters Frances and Julienne. Sister Frances definitely came through in the end, and it was clear Mrs. Calthrop's mother needed more than her popping by once a day, regardless.

Was there anyone who was not in the group leaving Nonnatus House for the theater at the end? It seemed as if it was all the nuns as well as the four nurses, whereas in early seasons we’d have learned that at least one would be staying behind on call.

• Love 5

I enjoyed bits of the episode, but other (slight) things just annoyed me.

First off, you'd never run a raffle like that.  What if the first ticket is the winner?  Then you've only made a huge threepence for the incubator fund.

The fish and chip man would never say "Enjoy" to his customers.  I grew up in the UK, and when I moved to the States in the 90s I found it very jarring for the longest time as I'd never heard it before.

Mainly though, I was bothered by a couple of things about Sister Julienne.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I find it impossible to believe she would have gone out in civvies, and she would surely have taken her clothes somewhere further afield and changed.

Finally, where did she get the money for her initial ticket?  And I'm sure the woman who brought her grandmother's donation would have been pissed as hell to know some of it was being used for a trip for (8?) to the cinema.  Partly because it didn't seem like that family had much money.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

• Love 5

All 4 nuns and 4 midwives went to the movie.  I guess Mrs. Turner will be on call.  Or one of the nuns who show up for compline and sing, but don't seem to be midwives.

Loved this episode, nice to see Tim Turner being the perfect son again .

Edited by craziness
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Poor Sister Julienne kept getting dumped on. Yeah, she wears such luxurious robes and lives a life of leisure! 🙄

I will say that to an extent, the nuns do lead a sheltered life.  That isn't to say they don't work hard, live modestly and take their mission seriously.  However, they also are protected from the kind of dire poverty they've seen in Poplar, along with more mundane concerns like how they will afford the rent, where their next meal is coming from, who will care for them as get older and become ill and whether they will always have shelter. 

• Love 14

I had thought that sister Julienne going out without her usual recognized outfit was because of the woman featured in the show said she was no longer recognized as a woman. So she went out without being a nun. But she was seen as herself by sister Monica Joan. She says she was with me. I for one loved that moment.

• Love 14

I couldn't understand Mrs. Calthorpe's nastiness to the one person who was coming around to help her.  I also don't see how anyone could live in Poplar, seeing the nuns and midwives going home at five in the morning after being up all night delivering babies, and going out in all weather from house to house to dress wounds and care for people, and then say they've never worked a day in their lives.  I know she was ill and exhausted, but it wasn't anyone else's fault.  At least she was getting free medical care which is more than many people have.

• Love 12
On 2/3/2020 at 7:01 AM, MissLucas said:

Agreed - that was the best episode this season. I loved every single plot but particularly Sister Julienne's. It was very well done, we got the opening of her walking through the streets and market and always being greeted and appreciated. Then she got called out by two women for living a protected and sheltered life - while it was unfair to a certain degree there was also some truth in their words. And I loved how she decided to take a walk without the protection of her habit to see and feel how it is to be 'invisible'. Jenny Agutter was fantastic in those scenes. There were also little hints how she has become too rigid, declining Sister Monica Joan's request or when she frowned upon Trixi sitting with her legs up which made seeing her later enjoying an ice-cream in the cinema even more poignant. That little outing did her good in more than one way and all her scenes with Sister Monica Joan were the icing on the cake.

Sister Frances finally showed some steel when she sent the daughter packing. Hopefully that bit of character growth will continue. All the solutions she whipped up for Mrs Calthorp were maybe a bit much but I'll let it slide.

Great continuity with Sister Hilda. IIRC she was a champion for dads being present during the birth before. Nurse Crane might come around one day too. Great dialogue between these two and show hasn't forgotten that Phyllis is not religious. Oh, and "what makes night within us may leave stars" alone is worth one additional hanky on the hanky-meter. 

And as if all that was not enough Timothy returns and continues his winning streak as best teenager on tv. Doctor Turner also made me a bit weepy when he recalled hearing Shelagh's (Sister Bernadette's) voice and finding solace after a horrible day. It brings back one of my all-time favorite scenes when Shelagh was so distraught about Timothy's polio that she rushed to Nonnatus House and joined the sisters for Compline (just after Sister Monica Joan had expressed how much she missed her voice). Well played show - well played.

5 out of 5 hankies.

Hide contents

And the promo just confirmed hopes and predictions from last week's episode 😁

Were there any scenes cut in my US version with Sr Julienne? It seemed she went out and got pushed a bit outside and then sees poster and goes to movies. Did she experience more than a few seconds of not being in habit? I understand what they wanted to do, it seemed very short before the movie.

Edited by debraran
51 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I couldn't understand Mrs. Calthorpe's nastiness to the one person who was coming around to help her.  I also don't see how anyone could live in Poplar, seeing the nuns and midwives going home at five in the morning after being up all night delivering babies, and going out in all weather from house to house to dress wounds and care for people, and then say they've never worked a day in their lives.  I know she was ill and exhausted, but it wasn't anyone else's fault.  At least she was getting free medical care which is more than many people have.

I thought maybe they were going to have her have a dementia type of thing like her mom but that was done before. Maybe just being in constant pain and bleeding. One thing nuns in habit have from many, especially then, is respect and many will do favors for them. I think some of her sans habit scene was cut, I'll watch that again, but it seemed she got hustled a bit in the streets, invisible in a way from when she in habit, people would be more respectful then, but it cut to movies too soon.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, caitmcg said:

We got the shop scene, but not the earlier scene, just Shelagh with Teddy in the pram running into Miss Higgins and saying the others had run ahead to Violet's shop.

I was frustrated by Mrs. Calthrop's being completely overwhelmed but also unwilling to say a word to anyone, even her own daughter, despite inquiries from both Sisters Frances and Julienne. Sister Frances definitely came through in the end, and it was clear Mrs. Calthrop's mother needed more than her popping by once a day, regardless.

Was there anyone who was not in the group leaving Nonnatus House for the theater at the end? It seemed as if it was all the nuns as well as the four nurses, whereas in early seasons we’d have learned that at least one would be staying behind on call.

They sadly cut scenes in US a lot. One year someone put the cut scenes in a video but watching the uncut versions is a treat if you get to later. Was Sr Julienne going with them again at the end. I saw the group but my eyes were tired, I know she hid it but going again is a bit much.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, nokat said:

I had thought that sister Julienne going out without her usual recognized outfit was because of the woman featured in the show said she was no longer recognized as a woman. So she went out without being a nun. But she was seen as herself by sister Monica Joan. She says she was with me. I for one loved that moment.

Yes, I agree with you, but my question really is whether she was "allowed" to go out in plain clothes.  She's such a stickler for rules herself.

1 hour ago, Brookside said:

Yes, I agree with you, but my question really is whether she was "allowed" to go out in plain clothes.  She's such a stickler for rules herself.

I think that was why she did it, everything was a rule breaker. I wondered how she got in and out without anyone seeing her though except Sr Monica.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2

My daughter had a hemangioma but hers was a bump right in her eyebrow with a little dot in the middle. Another baby we knew born a moth before her had a hemangioma on her cheek, the strawberry look but was also raised up so they had to have it layered so she could see.

• Love 1

Count me in as one who cried many times during this ep.  I know I’m emotional lately, but this was like early seasons CTM where my mom and I cried during every single episode I swear.

Sound of Music is and always will be one of my favorite movies (and record albums) EVER.  I loved how that was incorporated into the show.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Brookside said:

I for one like that she broke the rules briefly. She has kind of loosened up with her moral code already this season. Doing something not immoral, but frowned upon. She also has the weight of Nonnatus house being destroyed on her shoulders. She needed to be unseen for a while.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Count me in as one who cried many times during this ep.  I know I’m emotional lately, but this was like early seasons CTM where my mom and I cried during every single episode I swear.

I usually cry at least once during every episode. We got to see the Turner kids, and Nurse Crane, who I've grown to love.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, debraran said:

I think that was why she did it, everything was a rule breaker. I wondered how she got in and out without anyone seeing her though except Sr Monica.

She seemed to take some sort of back (external?) stairs, not the regular main entrance.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Brookside said:

She seemed to take some sort of back (external?) stairs, not the regular main entrance.

Yes, I saw that, but going back in I guess no one would be looking for her. I assumed no one was in the building.  I like that Sr Monica Joan saw her, not sure if Sr Julienne knew that but it seemed so. Sometimes we all need to step away for a while from our roles in life.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It was a little jarring to see Grace attacking Sr. Julienne about her easy life during a time when we've all become aware of just how hard nurses work.  

My mom went through much the same thing as Grace, having terrible fibroids and needing a hysterectomy. I was young then and not really aware of what was going on (we younger children were told Mom was having back surgery), but Mom told me stories later about how she was bleeding constantly, anemic, and exhausted all the time.  She had been bleeding so much for such a length of time that when she finally did see her doctor she was treated as an emergency case and had surgery the next day. And yes, at that time (mid-1960s) they wanted her to stay in the hospital for TWO weeks following surgery.  Mom, as hard working for her family as Grace was portrayed, after 10 days told the doctors and nurses (nuns at at RC hospital she was at) that her "vacation" had been nice but she had eight children at home who needed her! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Unless there was a scene that was cut for us U.S.. viewers, how could Dr. Turner have been so sure that what Grace had was fibroids and not cancer without doing any type of internal exam or more tests?  He assured her that she didn't have cancer and that it was fibroids.  What if it had turned out differently?  

It was an interesting story, and I felt bad for Grace, but she should have spoken up.  She definitely wasn't a meek and mild person (as shown by the way she snapped at Sister Frances). Maybe being brought up in an era of having to be the dutiful wife, daughter, etc. and that it was just your 'lot in life' to do it all? 

I loved the Turners' story and yay! a Tim sighting!

11 hours ago, Brookside said:

I enjoyed bits of the episode, but other (slight) things just annoyed me.

First off, you'd never run a raffle like that.  What if the first ticket is the winner?  Then you've only made a huge threepence for the incubator fund.

The fish and chip man would never say "Enjoy" to his customers.  I grew up in the UK, and when I moved to the States in the 90s I found it very jarring for the longest time as I'd never heard it before.

Mainly though, I was bothered by a couple of things about Sister Julienne.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I find it impossible to believe she would have gone out in civvies, and she would surely have taken her clothes somewhere further afield and changed.

Finally, where did she get the money for her initial ticket?  And I'm sure the woman who brought her grandmother's donation would have been pissed as hell to know some of it was being used for a trip for (8?) to the cinema.  Partly because it didn't seem like that family had much money.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

That woman was such a bitch to Sister Julienne. Granny probably wouldn’t have minded them using a bit of her donation to go to the movies. 

• Love 5

I loved the scene with the Turners at the fish and chips wagon.  They compared the parts of their own story to that of the von Trapps, which I thought was so touching.  
I almost lost it when I saw the vase of small, white flowers at the end.  
It was wonderful to see the Turners in a setting other than the clinic.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

I loved the scene with the Turners at the fish and chips wagon.  They compared the parts of their own story to that of the von Trapps, which I thought was so touching.  
I almost lost it when I saw the vase of small, white flowers at the end.  
It was wonderful to see the Turners in a setting other than the clinic.

Knowing that both of the actors are pretty good singers, I was half hoping for them to burst into song while dancing down the street.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Brookside said:

Exactly! That bothered me, too. Felt very contrived.

14 hours ago, Brookside said:

And I'm sure the woman who brought her grandmother's donation would have been pissed as hell to know some of it was being used for a trip for (8?) to the cinema.  Partly because it didn't seem like that family had much money.

And this, too. I'm hoping the rest of the money got donated to the incubator fund or something.

I'm upset they cut some of Tim's screentime; we haven't gotten enough of him this year. They could have easily cut some of Miss Higgins instead. (I feel like we got a lot of random and unnecessary eye-bulgey stares from her, and I would have rather they cut the scene where Shelagh mentions planning on going to the "walking stairs" in favor of actually showing the scene where they're there!)

I spent the whole episode wondering why the nervous dad looked so familiar. Had to consult IMDB to realize he was the son from Happy Valley

• Love 4
On 2/3/2020 at 5:01 AM, MissLucas said:

Great continuity with Sister Hilda. IIRC she was a champion for dads being present during the birth before. Nurse Crane might come around one day too. Great dialogue between these two and show hasn't forgotten that Phyllis is not religious.

What was the dialogue showing that Phyllis isn't religious?  Was it cut in the U.S. version, or did I just not notice it?  (I'm kind of on alert for it because I didn't like how they handled her lack of religiosity previously.)

6 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Unless there was a scene that was cut for us U.S.. viewers, how could Dr. Turner have been so sure that what Grace had was fibroids and not cancer without doing any type of internal exam or more tests?  He assured her that she didn't have cancer and that it was fibroids.  What if it had turned out differently? 

We didn't see him do an internal exam, but I'm assuming it was on the agenda because she asked Shelagh to stay in the room with her, and we saw her getting up from the table. 

I never had any cancer tests on my fibroids.  Just complaints by me followed by a physical exam by a GP, who then ordered an utrasound.  The gynecologists I saw gave me a choice of either myomectomy or hysterectomy, and they didn't look at the ultrasound.  When I consulted an interventional radiologist, he had me get an MRI.  No other tests at all.

Maybe with a hysterectomy or myomectomy they send tissue to a lab, but with my embolization, there was nothing to send to any lab.  Nobody ever said a thing about cancer.

I was extremely distracted by that wig on the overworked lady. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What was the dialogue showing that Phyllis isn't religious?  Was it cut in the U.S. version, or did I just not notice it?  (I'm kind of on alert for it because I didn't like how they handled her lack of religiosity previously.)

When Sister Hilda said to 'go with God' when faced with something we can't change she quoted Doris Day 'que sera sera' - it was subtle.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, BooksRule said:

It was an interesting story, and I felt bad for Grace, but she should have spoken up.  She definitely wasn't a meek and mild person (as shown by the way she snapped at Sister Frances). Maybe being brought up in an era of having to be the dutiful wife, daughter, etc. and that it was just your 'lot in life' to do it all? 

It was odd.  She clearly wasn't afraid to make her feelings clear, but she also was apparently a complete pushover for her daughter.  I think my mother would have turned me around and walked me back out of the house in five minutes if I suddenly walked in and announced that my mother would be taking care of me and my two small children for a few weeks. 

And sorry Call the Midwife, but when an elderly character says they have had an accident, I don't need to actually see proof of what kind of accident they have had.  Going forward, please feel free to leave that to our imagination. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What was the dialogue showing that Phyllis isn't religious? 

I believe that was in one of the earliest episodes when she first came.  We've learned her history slowly and it might have been (may be a faulty memory, though) when she was talking about how horribly people treated her and her mother since she was illegitimate.

7 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

And this, too. I'm hoping the rest of the money got donated to the incubator fund or something.

Wasn't it something like 50 pounds?  How much would that have been in US dollars?  After buying a half dozen or so movie tickets there probably wasn't a whole lot left.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I believe that was in one of the earliest episodes when she first came.  We've learned her history slowly and it might have been (may be a faulty memory, though) when she was talking about how horribly people treated her and her mother since she was illegitimate.

Wasn't it something like 50 pounds?  How much would that have been in US dollars?  After buying a half dozen or so movie tickets there probably wasn't a whole lot left.

It was £5. I’m sure movie tickets were cheap back then.

Guess I’m the only one who doesn’t need more Timothy scenes. I think he is a snooze. It was fun seeing David Attenborough on the telly at the Turners. 

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

It was £5. I’m sure movie tickets were cheap back then.

So currently 5 pounds is worth about $6 US although not sure about back then but probably close. That woman pitched a fit over that little bit?  Sheesh.

The actor that plays Tim really looks like his TV dad and he sure is a tall kid now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 pounds in 1965 spent like approximately 83 pounds today.  For someone who struggled all their life, that was a fair amount of money.  While I didn't understand the hostility towards the nuns, I could see where the family would be upset that they could not use the cash for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

What was the dialogue showing that Phyllis isn't religious? 

No, I was talking about in this episode.  Someone mentioned that the show hadn't forgotten that Phyllis was religious, and I asked how it was shown, since I didn't notice it.  The comment was posted back in February, so I thought maybe whatever it is was cut for the U.S. version.

35 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The comment was posted back in February, so I thought maybe whatever it is was cut for the U.S. version.

Oh, I didn't notice the date. I didn't see anything, either.  Pesky scene cutters!