Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/13/2020

MeThinkMeNot
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, lusinia said:
47 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Her story about having to help her dad with his campaign rings false to me.

I was looking at her Twitter feed last night, and she spent the weekend in Utah campaigning, so it's at least partly true.

I'm sure she is helping with campaigning, I just question that she quit The View to do it.

And at time when she was trying to hard to be heard. Her dad hasn't won and it isn't like she needs to be quit to be part of his admin.

I'm sure she was told to leave.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes, and therein lies her power.  She brings the clicks and the likes and the tweets and the retweets and the memes and the gifs and the online news articles and the eyeballs.  Sadly, in 2020, this is way more important to a tv network that having an EGOT. 

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Meghan has nothing of value to offer so she offers "sparks" as Bill Geddie used to say.  If you look at Meghan's previous jobs on air they were barely noticed. She learned from that and here we are.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I'd like them to pick someone who is not a child star or the child of a politician for the millennial seat. Maybe even someone who took out student loans!

If ABC hires another privileged white conservative I will be so disappointed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
43 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

edited to add:   What am I saying??  She already has daily hissy fits.   But maybe the more, the better.   She could exhaust herself into a medical thingy, or best of all, a firing.

Yes, they should hire Ana or Yvette for the sake of all-important sparks! :D

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

The papers had leaked that Abby was on the chopping block six months ago. She only got the job because Meghan demanded it - which isn't fair to others. Plus, the View is supposed to about different views and backgrounds. IMO, Meghan and Abby had too similar of backgrounds for one panel. I'd like them to pick someone who is not a child star or the child of a politician for the millennial seat. Maybe even someone who took out student loans!

If I remember correctly, Tara seemed like the front-runner at one point and then Abby was hired out of nowhere.

YNB has a good relationship with Meghan, so I don't think we'd see much fireworks and Ana doesn't want to leave Miami. While I know she won't ever leave TYT, I would like someone like Ana Kasparian to join. Someone progressive and more left than Sunny, Whoopi and Joy....also someone who actually does research regarding what she says.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

The papers had leaked that Abby was on the chopping block six months ago. She only got the job because Meghan demanded it - which isn't fair to others. Plus, the View is supposed to about different views and backgrounds. IMO, Meghan and Abby had too similar of backgrounds for one panel. I'd like them to pick someone who is not a child star or the child of a politician for the millennial seat. Maybe even someone who took out student loans!

I agree, they were almost exactly alike in their views and backgrounds. Whoopi, Sunny, and Joy are all very different from one another.

I know it's easy to think McCain got her fired, since McCain has tried to get Sunny fired and kept Ana from being full-time and got Sherri banned, but... I almost wonder if this was Abby's own choice since she had to have eventually realized she was only intended to be there to be McCain's sycophant. She probably realized the producers and show didn't care about her at all, or her right to have her own opinions.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

If I remember correctly, Tara seemed like the front-runner at one point and then Abby was hired out of nowhere.

YNB has a good relationship with Meghan, so I don't think we'd see much fireworks and Ana doesn't want to leave Miami. While I know she won't ever leave TYT, I would like someone like Ana Kasparian to join. Someone progressive and more left than Sunny, Whoopi and Joy....also someone who actually does research regarding what she says.

Ana Kasparian would be amazing and would be too good for the show.  Nutmeg would have a meltdown everyday..

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

ABC would never do it but I would like to see real everyday women co host. Not permanently but through now to the 2020 election.  Have viewers send in video auditions.  It would be refreshing to see the perspective of women who have to live in the real world and are dealing with the issues so many of us face.  So many of us here would be a great addition to the View.

I love this idea!

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Ana Kasparian would be amazing and would be too good for the show.  Nutmeg would have a meltdown everyday..

I think Ana Kasparian knows Meghan too, right? When Meghan is discussed on Ana's show, sometimes Ana will point out that she thinks Meghan is taking a particular political stance for show or to prove that she's conservative.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I almost wonder if this was Abby's own choice since she had to have eventually realized she was only intended to be there to be McCain's sycophant.

I really think so; her family is extremely close, and she and two of her sisters were a big part of her father's presidential campaign in 2012.  The primary isn't until June 30, so that would be 5 1/2 months of commuting, at least.  Her father being elected as governor again is definitely more important to her than the show is.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

ABC would never do it but I would like to see real everyday women co host. Not permanently but through now to the 2020 election.  Have viewers send in video auditions.  It would be refreshing to see the perspective of women who have to live in the real world and are dealing with the issues so many of us face.  So many of us here would be a great addition to the View.

I will be the first one to sign up! 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

The wrong republican is leaving!! 

Abby isn’t my top favorite. But I do think she’s a sweet person, maybe the nicest of the whole cast. I find it a little sad she’s leaving even though I prefer to listen to all the rest, with the exception of Meghan. 

It would be interesting to see a regular person replace Abby. It would be comical hearing MM talk about red state folks with a real red state person sitting at the table. 

Besides Ana and YNB, I miss Rosie O.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 11

I believe Abby is leaving to help her father. I also believe that she didn't like all the turmoil on the show and Meghan made it too hard for her. She probably felt conflicted with being Meghan's friend and disagreeing how she acted to the other women. I think she is doing what's best for her. She gave a very gracious announcement too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Don't they usually wait until the last day or second-to-last day to announce departures from the View?  Was this announcement moved forward to today so nobody had to discuss Me-gun's absence?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rcc said:

I believe Abby is leaving to help her father. I also believe that she didn't like all the turmoil on the show and Meghan made it too hard for her. She probably felt conflicted with being Meghan's friend and disagreeing how she acted to the other women. I think she is doing what's best for her. She gave a very gracious announcement too.

It felt the same with Sara. I think her and Sara are just nice people who don't enjoy all the rancor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
53 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I think Ana Kasparian knows Meghan too, right? When Meghan is discussed on Ana's show, sometimes Ana will point out that she thinks Meghan is taking a particular political stance for show or to prove that she's conservative.

She’s the one who said her opinion on abortion is not really what Megan has indicated to her many times.  

Yep Megan got lip injections. 

• Love 9

I won't miss Abby a bit. I think I'd like her as a neighbor, but I've had it with her forced, false equivalencies. Of course I'd take three of her as a regular presence, if it meant getting rid of the other Daughter.

2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

That was kind of weird. Sunny told Abby she "valued her friendship" and there was a short pause and Abby didn't reciprocate. 

Abby can't wait to get the hell outts there.

I agree Abby can't wait to get out of there, but I disagree with your take on that moment between her and Sunny.

Abby nodded at her, and had a very knowing look in her eyes. It gave me the feeling that Sunny's probably been something of a confidante for Abby, as things with Meghan grew strained. Also, Abby did say something in response, but softly, and someone (I think Joy) not on camera was talking at the same time, so it was hard to hear. I think she said, "I appreciate it too." There was no pause though, and Abby did reciprocate in some fashion.

2 hours ago, lusinia said:

I was looking at her Twitter feed last night, and she spent the weekend in Utah campaigning, so it's at least partly true.

Sunny's red eye shadow is truly scary looking.

Yeah, what the hell is going on with that eyeshadow? It matches her pants and shoes, but it is ugly, does her pretty face no favors, and in no way works with her top. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 10

Sorry to see her go if she was going to continue to stand up to MM as she did last week.  However I couldn’t get past MM...she did say “governatorial” campaign, didn’t she?  I always thought it was gubernatorial...but hey, what do I know as I’m  not a pundit.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It felt the same with Sara. I think her and Sara are just nice people who don't enjoy all the rancor.

I agree with this. Megan treated Sara like shit behind the scenes.  She looked down on her and did not find her to be useful to her team. That is how Megan sees people, how useful are you to her team. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, General Days said:

I won't miss Abby a bit. I think I'd like her as a neighbor, but I've had it with her forced, false equivalencies. Of course I'd take three of her as a regular presence, if it meant getting rid of the other Daughter.

I agree Abby can't wait to get out of there, but I disagree with your take on that moment between her and Sunny.

Abby nodded at her, and had a very knowing look in her eyes. It gave me the feeling that Sunny's probably been something of a confidante for Abby, as things with Meghan grew strained. Also, Abby did say something in response, but softly, and someone (I think Joy) not on camera was talking at the same time, so it was hard to hear. I think she said, "I appreciate it too." There was no pause though, and Abby did reciprocate in some fashion.

Yeah, what the hell is going on with that eyeshadow? It matches her pants and shoes, but it is ugly, does her pretty face no favors, and in no way works with her top. 

Ahh okay. I was doing some work on my computer while watching, so I guess I missed that. All I heard was Sunny say she valued Abby’s friendship followed by a brief moment of silence. I should probably not comment when I’m multitasking lol, I miss subtleties such as what you mentioned.

• Love 2

I keep getting images of Sippy Cup sitting in that spot in my mind; I hope this isn't some kind of psychic flash! 😜😂

As far as Abby leaving, I'm neither happy nor sad about it. Just "meh". Kind of like my feeling towards her generally. They can do a lot better than her, but they can do a lot worse too. The one thing about Abby was that she could be really annoying, almost to Meghan levels one day but you never felt your annoyance with her carried over to the next day. I liked her moments like when she teased Joy about making smaller lasagne than last time.

Haha, Meghan would be quaking in her boots daily if Ana Kasparian was on the panel. I think Ana's said though that she enjoys the freedom to discuss issues the way they do at TYT and I can't imagine she'd have that freedom on The View.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

I keep getting images of Sippy Cup sitting in that spot in my mind; I hope this isn't some kind of psychic flash! 😜😂

As far as Abby leaving, I'm neither happy nor sad about it. Just "meh". Kind of like my feeling towards her generally. They can do a lot better than her, but they can do a lot worse too. The one thing about Abby was that she could be really annoying, almost to Meghan levels one day but you never felt your annoyance with her carried over to the next day. I liked her moments like when she teased Joy about making smaller lasagne than last time.

Yeah, my first thought about her leaving was "no great loss" (well, actually my first thought was how pissed this board would be that it wasn't Meghan lol) but then I also remembered how glad I was when Jed left, and look what we got instead. *shudders*

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Don't they usually wait until the last day or second-to-last day to announce departures from the View?  Was this announcement moved forward to today so nobody had to discuss Me-gun's absence?

Well, once Meghan  tweeted about it, there was no going back. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Meghan's point to Adam Shiff, that she kept asking about, was how the impeachment hearing was going to affect the election..  Meghan needs to listen to him, and to Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren.   If this is the right thing to do, if this is their DUTY, then they do it.  

On this and other issues, Meghan gets stuck on poll numbers and election results.  But guess what?  when people win their election, and they are doing the job they were elected to do -  that job is supposed to be their primary focus - NOT getting re-elected.  This has been said to her a number of times, but she doesn't hear it.  It's the way she thinks, it's not about right and wrong, it's about how is this going to affect your chances in the next election.  Thank goodness we have (some) elected officials who do not follow her line of thinking. 

• Love 23
22 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

On this and other issues, Meghan gets stuck on poll numbers and election results.  But guess what?  when people win their election, and they are doing the job they were elected to do -  that job is supposed to be their primary focus - NOT getting re-elected.  This has been said to her a number of times, but she doesn't hear it.  It's the way she thinks, it's not about right and wrong, it's about how is this going to affect your chances in the next election.  Thank goodness we have (some) elected officials who do not follow her line of thinking. 

It's the perpetual campaign.  I was reading a book and a campaign staffer for a US senator said on the night they won the senator was on the phone soliciting donations for the next campaign. For someone who has been politics her whole life you would think Meghan understands this.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's point to Adam Shiff, that she kept asking about, was how the impeachment hearing was going to affect the election..  Meghan needs to listen to him, and to Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren.   If this is the right thing to do, if this is their DUTY, then they do it.  

Exactly. Also, it's a matter of legal precedent. So when a future president does something similar, we can look back on this case and show that there is a case for someone getting impeached for that behavior. But if we don't impeach, then we're setting the example that presidents can bribe foreign officials and get away with it.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Show ever discuss with Abby her portrayal in the movie Bombshell?  Her character only had a small part, but I'd like to know her view of it.

How was she portrayed?

• Love 1

What's ironic is that last Monday, and another day later in the week, Abby was making non-vapid, good comments for the first time that I recall.  Now she's leaving.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, rcc said:

How was she portrayed?

I didn't see it yet, but from what I heard from comments and Abby herself, the scene with her was like her on Fox & Friends, crossing her legs to show a bit of leg-I guess to show how female reporters on Fox News were expected to sexualize themselves? 

It's sad because if you look up "Abby Huntsman bombshell" on youtube you'll find these compilations of her on Fox News from 2-3 years ago, and the comments are...ugh. The difference between how she was styled on the View and how she was styled on Fox News is like night and day.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

As a fembot who just played along with the rest of the female hosts.

Interesting. Too bad she didn't address it. Unless I missed it.

6 minutes ago, rcc said:

Interesting. Too bad she didn't address it. Unless I missed it.

She was very cold to Charlize Theron when she was there.  Ironically, Megyn Kelly said that the movie was very therapeutic for her. She appreciated it for what it was.  Whereas Abby and Messy were angry about the existence of the movie.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, jungki said:

I didn't see it yet, but from what I heard from comments and Abby herself, the scene with her was like her on Fox & Friends, crossing her legs to show a bit of leg-I guess to show how female reporters on Fox News were expected to sexualize themselves? 

It's sad because if you look up "Abby Huntsman bombshell" on youtube you'll find these compilations of her on Fox News from 2-3 years ago, and the comments are...ugh. The difference between how she was styled on the View and how she was styled on Fox News is like night and day.

Did Abby talk about it on the show? If so then I must have missed it.

6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

She was very cold to Charlize Theron when she was there.  Ironically, Megyn Kelly said that the movie was very therapeutic for her. She appreciated it for what it was.  Whereas Abby and Messy were angry about the existence of the movie.

I think Meghan was more angry about it, while Abby mentioned that a lot of what was said was real and true so it was hard to watch. Then she went on to praise the women of Fox for holding down the fort.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, lusinia said:

And Meghan's anger was likely because the director of Bombshell also directed Game Change, and"how dare anyone use her family's fame to make money" (except for her, of course).

Meghan’s family is famous?  Hmm. Strange she never mentions them.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1