Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/13/2020

MeThinkMeNot
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I think Meghan was more angry about it, while Abby mentioned that a lot of what was said was real and true so it was hard to watch. Then she went on to praise the women of Fox for holding down the fort.

She started off by stating  it wasn't a movie for them,  that they were there living it in the walls as it was all going on.  She asked ChaRlize a long rambling question about the women that are still there that are taking bullets and carrying the stigma and didn’t get payouts.  Charlize didn’t really understand the question but did a good job of trying to answer.   Megan  wanted to know how it felt to play a conservative woman.  She had to open with she used to love her ( Kelly) and wanted to be her but doesn’t like her now.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TheView said:

I hope Sara returns. 

That would be awesome but aint gonna happen. Wouldnt it be a hoot if KeKe got the seat haha. Seriously though i could see TPTB keeping the seat open until after the election.  Especially  if she strings them along that she maaaaaaaaaaaaaay come back after and just do the rotate thang.  Unless she tells them point blank Bye Felicia, i wont be back.  Ana! Oh Ana! Girl we're calling for you, now is the time, now is your time and our time. Coooooooome to the Darkside.........  😇

• Love 5

Abby was very cool, easy going host.  I didn't know her before her stint at The View.  She is such a nice departure from the volcano that is Meghan McCain.  I will miss her and wish her well.  As far as her departure I hope they get another Republican (no one as eruptive as Meghan) since it's not as balanced to have four Democrats vs one Republican.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Tammee said:

That would be awesome but aint gonna happen. Wouldnt it be a hoot if KeKe got the seat haha. Seriously though i could see TPTB keeping the seat open until after the election.  Especially  if she strings them along that she maaaaaaaaaaaaaay come back after and just do the rotate thang.  Unless she tells them point blank Bye Felicia, i wont be back.  Ana! Oh Ana! Girl we're calling for you, now is the time, now is your time and our time. Coooooooome to the Darkside.........  😇

OMG!  KeKe getting the seat would be awesome!  From everything I’ve read, and from watching the show, Sara left because of Meghan.  She’s not coming back.

• Love 4

Here's an article from Variety, which says:

According to sources, ABC will not be replacing Huntsman for now. Instead, they will be trying out a rotating panel of co-hosts for the fifth seat.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/abby-huntsman-view-leave-hot-topics-1203465022/

I'll bet anything they have an idea of who they want, but it's not someone who will pass Meghan's approval. 

The fans on Facebook (and here) have been clamoring for Ana for months.  I wonder if Ana would be willing to fly up to NYC every other week.  Tara or YNB could do the week she's off.    

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's point to Adam Shiff, that she kept asking about, was how the impeachment hearing was going to affect the election..  Meghan needs to listen to him, and to Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren.   If this is the right thing to do, if this is their DUTY, then they do it.  

She actually prefaced her question to him with:  ethics aside.... 🤣

I don't think he heard that part cause she was rat-a-tatting.  But the next time she said something about putting the Constitution aside, and he did call her out on that.

To the earlier post re whether MeAgain said governatorial vs. gubernatorial, I believe she said the latter but mis-pronounced it, as she often does (post-hummous!?), so she said it as:  gobernatorial.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I am just so happy Abby is leaving.  She came across as so fake to me, plus very wishy washy on her views. I firmly believe if her family were not billionaires and her dad not a political figure, there is no way she would ever have had those cushy jobs at Fox and The View.  She is also very two faced because she praised the Fox co-hosts very similar to what she said about her View co-hosts when she left. Now if MeAgain announced her departure, that would just be icing on the cake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Abby is out and I don't feel one way or the other. I'm just wondering who will replace her?

And she didn't sound too convincing when she told Meghan, "I love you and we'll be friends forever."

I heard that Meghan really got Abby that job on the View. It probably didn't hurt that Abby's family are billionaire wealthy and political too. But, Meghan really pushed for her bestie to be on there. So now there appears to be a falling out between the two, or the very least tension that wasn't there before. So sad that I cannot label Blabby and MeAgain the nepotism twins anymore. Nepotism is definitely their friend.  

• Love 12

I sure can picture KeKe at the table.   She wouldn't take any of what Meghan dishes out daily.   I'm not thrilled with her on Sara's show, just because I can't get past the feeling that they were trying to edge Sara out after her maternity leave, and KeKe is such a strong personality that she overshadows Sara sometimes.   But on The View?? That would be awesome watching her take on Nutmeg.   Plus she would bring a much younger point of view to conversations too.   But my dream replacement will always be Ana.

• Love 6

Here’s some tea:

Half a dozen people who spoke to CNN Business described a toxic work environment, including a soured relationship between Huntsman and McCain. The dispute with McCain was just one factor in Huntsman's feeling that she should leave. 

Both McCain and Huntsman declined to comment.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

10 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Half a dozen people who spoke to CNN Business described a toxic work environment, including a soured relationship between Huntsman and McCain. The dispute with McCain was just one factor in Huntsman's feeling that she should leave. 

Both McCain and Huntsman declined to comment.

Wow! Megan is a piece of work. What a vile bitch! she needs help.. Who berates a mother for bringing up her kids during hot topics. No wonder Abby decided to run for the hills. The suits at ABC should be ashamed of themselves for allowing Megan to do this to people.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 22

'McCain has felt isolated at "The View" for months, and mulled leaving the talk show over the summer.

"Meghan has been miserable there for quite some time, and not because of Abby. She wishes her nothing but the best," one of the people, a person close to McCain, said.'

OMG dont tease us

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

‘ABC treated Abby like s–t:’ Inside Abby Huntsman’s exit from ‘The View’

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/13/abc-treated-abby-like-s-t-inside-abby-huntsmans-exit-from-the-view/?_ga=2.240486979.1724809060.1578970728-908118085.1578970728

"As we reported last week, tensions have been high at the show because the hosts have lost patience with McCain.

We reported that even her pal Huntsman had had enough. “None of the ladies talk to Meghan now,” a source said. “Abby was the last woman standing. It’s bad. Meghan’s so rude.”

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I like the idea of guest hosts. Get some new voices in the mix. It gets stale with the same old arguments every day. 

Agreed. It gives the regular hosts more energy and everyone tends to be on better behaviour when there is a guest there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think we all need to take a moment to reflect on how Abby leaving has changed the history of the show.  A moment of silence, please.

They did the same thing with announcing that blAbby gave birth. The episode finished and I wondered if I had missed a segment that would change The View. I realized later on that the birth was news.

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

The scoop is that Meghan thought that Abby talking about her children was insensitive because of her miscarriage, fertility struggles, so that is how there feud started. 

So, I wonder if when Whoopie mentions that someone famous has died, if Meghan thinks Whoopie is trying to make her relive her father's death.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, falltime said:

They did the same thing with announcing that blAbby gave birth. The episode finished and I wondered if I had missed a segment that would change The View. I realized later on that the birth was news.

I remembered that the opening announcer said the exact same thing back then, and since a couple of us were speculating last week that Abby was pregnant, when Whoopie began by commenting on Abby's dress while looking right at Abby's stomach, I thought for sure that was the reason.

1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

OK, that would definitely be the deal breaker for me.  🤢😬🤮

Me as well.  That might be a deal breaker for 4 of the remaining 5 hosts, too.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, jungki said:

I didn't see it yet, but from what I heard from comments and Abby herself, the scene with her was like her on Fox & Friends, crossing her legs to show a bit of leg-I guess to show how female reporters on Fox News were expected to sexualize themselves? 

It's sad because if you look up "Abby Huntsman bombshell" on youtube you'll find these compilations of her on Fox News from 2-3 years ago, and the comments are...ugh. The difference between how she was styled on the View and how she was styled on Fox News is like night and day.

Yeah, Kimberly Guilfoyle is a big rara Team Roger type in the movie, and yet the first day he was gone, in the movie, she showed up in pants instead of a short skirt.  She was even passing out Team Roger t shirts and practically ordering all of the crew to wear them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

The scoop is that Meghan thought that Abby talking about her children was insensitive because of her miscarriage, fertility struggles, so that is how there feud started. 

That and Abby spoke with the ABC VP more than once about the toxic work environment, mostly due to Meghan, one of her so-called besties.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I hope they hire an Asian woman to replace Abby...the panel loves to talk about minorities and “people of color” but somehow never seem to address anything to do with the Asian community. 

Lisa Ling could come back ...

What would be great would be if they could get Awkwafina for a few shows.

• Love 11

I think the whole rotating-different-hosts thing could be just a ploy.  I would think they know already who would be a good fit.

Now, on the other hand, it could be that Abby told them she's leaving just a short while ago and they have to scramble.  Tara and Yvette may have other gigs they're working on.  Maybe the rotating try-outs is just a time-filler until their chosen host is available.

I still want Ana in that seat.  Ana, please move to NYC permanently.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jkspeaks said:

I recall an interaction.  they were talking about an issue with kids, it may have been about a teacher telling kids that Santa wouldn't come if they were bad.  Abby was telling some related anecdote bout her daughter.  Meghan yelled right over her, with something like  yeah, we know!   then Joy encouraged Abby to finish, and there was a brief clip of Abby's daughter.   That was, I think, the day Meghan turned to the producer and asked for some consideration for the childless one on the panel.  

It was a very weird interaction, because Abby does NOT go on and on about her kids, and Meghan was so far out of line she looked like a crazy person.  Abby looked hurt, and everyone else was clearly uncomfortable.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Connie Chung is the wife of the President of CBS, she isn't going to be doing an ABC show.

Connie Chung is married to Maury Povich. Julie Chen-Moonves is married to the former Chairman and CEO of CBS Corporation Les Moonves.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, lusinia said:

I'm wondering if Meghan found out about Abby leaving last week, and was so upset she needed the rest of the week off.

I would believe it.  Unless they hire another one of Meghan's "good friends" the new co host might not kowtow to the purported expert on all things political. And then horror of horrors Meghan will have to defend what she says.

8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I was reading the responses to Ana's tweet about Abby and someone said they read a rumor that Sara Huckabee Sanders was in the running for the position.  OK, that would definitely be the deal breaker for me.  🤢😬🤮

Oh HELL to the no. That would drive away viewers more than Joy's departure did.

9 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Fertility struggles? So Meghan goes from she doesn't want kids to being pregnant having a miscarriage and now she can't get pregnant? I might feel sympathy for her if I believed a word she says but I don't.

8 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

That and Abby spoke with the ABC VP more than once about the toxic work environment, mostly due to Meghan, one of her so-called besties.

So the cause of the toxic work environment remains.  Typical. Twenty years ago I shared an office with a man who used to say things I found offensive. I complained and I was the one who was moved to a desk in the copy room.

7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I recall an interaction.  they were talking about an issue with kids, it may have been about a teacher telling kids that Santa wouldn't come if they were bad.  Abby was telling some related anecdote bout her daughter.  Meghan yelled right over her, with something like  yeah, we know!   then Joy encouraged Abby to finish, and there was a brief clip of Abby's daughter.   That was, I think, the day Meghan turned to the producer and asked for some consideration for the childless one on the panel.  

It was a very weird interaction, because Abby does NOT go on and on about her kids, and Meghan was so far out of line she looked like a crazy person.  Abby looked hurt, and everyone else was clearly uncomfortable.  

That fits with Meghan's narcissism.  If she doesn't think the topic is relevant to her then she has no interest in it and doesn't think anyone else should either.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 15

If she's actually left because of a toxic work environment I hope she feels free to speak up about it.  Too many people are not in her position when it comes to being able to leave jobs.  No one should have to go to work with their stomach in knots because they dread being around a co-worker.  ABC decision makers should be ashamed of themselves.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

Connie Chung is the wife of the President of CBS, she isn't going to be doing an ABC show.

Lmao you're mistaking her for Julie Chen Moonves, Connie Chung is Maurys wife. People always mixing ppl up. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree with you. Keke is awful. She would be another Raven or Meghan, imo.

She seems to be going after Sara's job on that show. Sarah should have stayed on the view, but the resident bully would not let her be. The irony is that Missy came for Joy but ended up driving out others.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Lmao you're mistaking her for Julie Chen Moonves, Connie Chung is Maurys wife. People always mixing ppl up. 

I didn't make the mistake even though the screwed up quoting system made it look like I did. Hopefully people read further up in the thread. 😄

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Abby is leaving because of Meghan but still says they’re friends for life? I’m confused. 

Who would you believe?  Me-Again or Abby?

Meghan saying that they're friends for life seems like a threat.

Seriously.

Like, Bitch, you better not talk bad about me. Or else.

IDK. At this point Megaphone seems absolutely evil.

On another note: 

Also, think  about a then and now comparison:  Abby being at Fox and not speaking up about what she knew re. Ailes, to now with Nutmeg's spoiled brat demands behind the scenes. 

Methinks I see a similarity.

Sad, disgusting, and unfortunately understandable in this present-day atmosphere of the president and so many others harrassing/abusing women/girls and men, too,  And getting away with it.  

Speak up Abby!

You have a daughter or 2 (?),  don't you? 

• Love 15