Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/13/2020

MeThinkMeNot
  • Start Topic

(I didn't see a thread yet and the show is starting soon. Feel free to delete or edit if necessary)

Monday, Jan. 13– Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” Oprah edition with Adam Glassman

Tuesday, Jan. 14– Leslie Jones (“Leslie Jones: Time Machine”)

Wednesday, Jan. 15– The Political View with 2020 presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg

Thursday, Jan. 16– Josh Gad (“Avenue 5”)

Friday, Jan. 17– Alicia Menendez (“The Likeability Trap”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 4
1 minute ago, itstheworm said:

Meghan... You raggedy bitch... You had to take Abby's moment didn't you? Meghan spilled the beans on Twitter about Abby leaving about 15 minutes before they went on air.. 

Of course Meghan had to.  She can't stand to not be the center of attention

• Love 24

There she goes - Meghan:"I can understand better than anybody".

Why would Meghan think Abby would come back after the primary?  I know it's Utah, but there's still a general election to get through.  Or does she think Abby's dad will lose?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I like Abby when she is not being Megan's backup singer.  Megan should have left, why can't we have nice things.. Her story about having to help her dad with his campaign rings false to me.  She could have taken a sabbatical to help him out. Nonetheless, I wish her all the best. I love the way she looks in clothes, so tall and modelesque.. Of course, her shiny hair, she is truly a beautiful woman..

• Love 16

Sorry to see Abby go...she was mostly low-key and as Joy pointed out 'one of the nicest, most easy going people ever on the show".  I would like to see Ana be full time but doubt she would leave Miami, or Tara Setmeyer. 

• Love 13

The Bernie hate is too much, because he campaigned for Hillary and more of his supporters voted for Hillary compared to Hillary supporters voted for Obama. Bernie didn't hurt Hillary, they were against each other and they have to show how they're different. Whoopi making it seem like it's his fault and Meghan chiming in is so dumb.

Whoopi, the candidates need to prove that they are the ones who can lead over the others and pointing out their differences is hyow you do that.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sorry to see Abby go...she was mostly low-key and as Joy pointed out 'one of the nicest, most easy going people ever on the show".  I would like to see Ana be full time but doubt she would leave Miami, or Tara Setmeyer. 

Megan would be triggered everyday if Tara and Ana were on the panel.  I believe that story of her blocking Ana from joining the view full time.  She is an insecure thin-skinned baby..

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Her story about having to help her dad with his campaign rings false to me.

I was looking at her Twitter feed last night, and she spent the weekend in Utah campaigning, so it's at least partly true.

Sunny's red eye shadow is truly scary looking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh man, I'd LOVE if Tara Setmayer replaced Abby!

Oh,  I'm glad Meghan pointed out that Cory Booker should have lasted longer than Michael Bloomberg. I'm still bitter about his third term as mayor. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan would be triggered everyday if Tara and Ana were on the panel.  I believe that story of her blocking Ana from joining the view full time.  She is an insecure thin-skinned baby..

You have come up with the perfect solution!   Ana AND Tara, each on 2 or 3 days a week.   Surely Ana could work with that?????

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I loved Joy's "your such an easy person to work with".  I always thought of Abby that way -- similar to Sarah in that regard as she is not one to jam her opinions down your throat.  I hope Meagain had nothing to do with this, as I really don't want another crazy incoherent combative republican on the show to let her get more airtime.   Ana would be wonderful or another succinct, smart republican that can at least provide the viewpoint that I do feel is necessary.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

The Bernie hate is too much, because he campaigned for Hillary and more of his supporters voted for Hillary compared to Hillary supporters voted for Obama. Bernie didn't hurt Hillary, they were against each other and they have to show how they're different. Whoopi making it seem like it's his fault and Meghan chiming in is so dumb.

I agree with you, there were Hillary supporters who campaigned for John McCain over Obama in 2008.  To be fair, Bernie gave a tepid endorsement of Hillary and he does have fans who are really rabid and devoted to him. I could go on about them but it would be off-topic..

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

When Meghan said to Adam Schiff, "This is Meghan McCain, your best friend", you could almost see him grimace and think, "Eat shit, Meghan."

Or “Who??”

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Like it or not, deny it or don't, McCain has a lot of power on this show and I won't be at all surprised to hear that she gets top pick on helping to choose the next Republican co-host to be her new back-up singer.  They have to keep McCain happy at all times, don't ya know.  Kinda like a Gremlin; you have to feed them often or they go bat shit.  Same with McCain, gotta keep her happy or she will implode.  Though, how would we be able to tell?  Since she does so daily now.  Maybe S.E. Cupp is excitedly waiting for the call from her bestie?  I don't know how many people watch her random weekend evening show on CNN. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

You have come up with the perfect solution!   Ana AND Tara, each on 2 or 3 days a week.   Surely Ana could work with that?????

Even better, that would be two people Meghan would be unhappy about that she would have to deal with.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Like it or not, deny it or don't, McCain has a lot of power on this show and I won't be at all surprised to hear that she gets top pick on helping to choose the next Republican co-host to be her new back-up singer.  

More power than Whoopi? The Whoopi who managed to get rid of Rosie because she was threatened? I dunno...

I DO know, that unless ALL advertisers pull away, Her Twatness will remain. If anyone else had behaved the way she has, they'd have been shown their walking papers. Yet, she still remains.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Whoopi, the candidates need to prove that they are the ones who can lead over the others and pointing out their differences is hyow you do that.

Exactly all this show does is smear Bernie, i am sick of it. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

More power than Whoopi? The Whoopi who managed to get rid of Rosie because she was threatened? I dunno...

I didn't bring up Whoopi but since you did, yes, sadly I really do think that she has as much or even more power as Whoopi now because how else do we explain her still being there?  Whoopi would have had her ass fired long ago if she could have.  Although, there is the little sticky situation of her being the one to have the Bitch *hired* in the first place and promising to "take care of Meghan" as per John McCain.  No good deed goes unpunished!

• Love 11

I liked Tara, but I don't want another Republican voice on the show. I'd rather have a progressive one, since it's severely lacking on the show. Plus, it would blow Meghan's head since she'd have to argue why Medicare for All is a bad thing to someone who is actively for it.

• Love 8

I believe Whoopi has more power than Meghan. I just don't feel Whoopi is at all threatened by Meghan. I believe she was very threatened by Rosie. I think the reason why Meghan is still there is because she makes the headlines. As childish and disrespectful as she is... When this show is "trending" 9 times out of 10, Meghan is a main catalyst as to why. Hate watch, or love watch.. People are still watching, and talking.. That's all that matters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, itstheworm said:

I believe Whoopi has more power than Meghan. I just don't feel Whoopi is at all threatened by Meghan. I believe she was very threatened by Rosie. I think the reason why Meghan is still there is because she makes the headlines. As childish and disrespectful as she is... When this show is "trending" 9 times out of 10, Meghan is a main catalyst as to why. Hate watch, or love watch.. People are still watching, and talking.. That's all that matters.

Whoopie was threatened by Rosie who challenged her and she does not like that.  We all saw how Jedediah and Paula both used to always challenge her opinions and they were both removed to appease Whoopie. Notice how the other ladies do not do that.  Not even Joy. Though, I do believe that Joy has some power as well, she just chooses not to use it. Joy takes the job for what it is and will not let an insignificant person like Messy get under her skin.

I believe you are right, Megan is here to stay until she does something really bad on the air that will force ABC's hands. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Not really buying Abby's " I need to work on my dad's campaign" reason but The View always lets them create their own reason for leaving.

If she really needed to work on the campaign, they could have accommodated it if they didn't want to lose a great talent!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, itstheworm said:

Yes, and therein lies her power.  She brings the clicks and the likes and the tweets and the retweets and the memes and the gifs and the online news articles and the eyeballs.  Sadly, in 2020, this is way more important to a tv network that having an EGOT. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Not really buying Abby's " I need to work on my dad's campaign" reason but The View always lets them create their own reason for leaving.

If she really needed to work on the campaign, they could have accommodated it if they didn't want to lose a great talent!

Exactly! I don't believe her story at all. I think the producers wanted her to be like Megan combative and disrespectful in order to make waves.. The same thing happened to Nicole Wallace who is slaying it on her own show. I absolutely love her on there..

• Love 10

The papers had leaked that Abby was on the chopping block six months ago. She only got the job because Meghan demanded it - which isn't fair to others. Plus, the View is supposed to about different views and backgrounds. IMO, Meghan and Abby had too similar of backgrounds for one panel. I'd like them to pick someone who is not a child star or the child of a politician for the millennial seat. Maybe even someone who took out student loans!

• Love 22