Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/13/2020

MeThinkMeNot
  • Start Topic

Considering the news about Abby's leaving, I find it interesting that they included Abby praising Meghan and Meghan's dad in the middle of it. Nothing wrong with it, but it's interesting based on everything that has been coming out.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

My two takeaways from watching that farewell to Abby segment albeit only half-ass paying attention and caring even less:  One -- Joy really and truly does adore Abby and is very sorry to see her leave, as per Joy.  And two -- Meghan McCain is a sympathetic figure and we have to remember all that she has been through (said Abby), as per ABC and the highly manipulative clips they decided to include in Abby's farewell montage.  And is anyone here still going to pretend that ABC doesn't coddle, protect, prop up and kowtow to McCain? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Why does Meghan think it’s so insane for Arizona to go blue? If I’m remembering correctly, it’s been trending that way for some time now...

Megan is so ignorant about all things politics. There was a time that California was ruby red and now it is cobalt blue. Things never stay the same.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I wish someone would press Meghan on who exactly these “red state people” are that she claims to talk to because she sounds very similar to the guy in the White House... “Many people tell me...” 

I haven't watched the show yet but I hate the term "red state people".  Is Meghan not aware that "red state people" live in blue states and that "blue state people" live in red states?

4 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Why does Meghan think it’s so insane for Arizona to go blue? If I’m remembering correctly, it’s been trending that way for some time now...

2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain's disdain at the idea of Arizona turning blue made me smile. I guess she doesn't even represent the people of her own state very well, much less the "middle of the country" folk.

So when Arizona turns blue does Meghan think that means everyone living in Arizona will now be "blue state people"?  

She is talking about stereotypes and to use a word she uses often it is reductive.

• Love 20

Abby's dad said that her time on the show has been drama free and he hopes that it will be drama free when she joins him.

Joy and Ana talk about how Abby never took anything seriously and was spirited while remaining positive and kind. Ana even mentions that she texts Abby.

Abby said that Robin was the kindest person to the interns, the makeup staff to everyone that was around.

Abby even has a connection with the NBC lady who came. Who, by the way, talked about her kid and showed a picture of her newborn.

.....it might be me over thinking things, but after all of the rumours this show seems incredibly shady towards Meghan for Abby's last day.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I find it interesting that they included Abby praising Meghan and Meghan's dad in the middle of it.

At first I was like, "why kiss up to Meghan in Abby's goodbye", but then I thought, no, showing how nice and thoughtful Abby was towards her and knowing how nasty she's been towards Abby, especially during her last week, is a big contrast, and just sticks it to Meghan.

The 70% is the number of people who want witnesses in the impeachment trial.

Meghan creates the narrative she wants, facts be damned.  There were almost 3 million more viewers for the debate than for Maddow's interview, and the ratings for the debates are going up again.

Lev Parnas interview on MSNBC drew 4.5 million viewers -Newsweek

Tuesday's six-candidate forum averaged 7.32 million TV viewers over its two-hour running time, an improvement on debates in November (6.6 million on MSNBC) and December (6.17 million on PBS and CNN). Hollywood Reporter

We like when have warm and kind male leaders.  They can be strong as well.  It's not an either/or proposition, for men or for women. 

Oh!  It's just her face that's the problem!!!!!!!!!!  That's a new one.  She must have read the book and thought, "Aha!".   Yesterday she was loopy; today she's trying to gaslight everybody.  

I can think of men who when angry have been thought of as "unhinged".  I haven't had a great impression of Alicia Menendez in the brief time she's been on MSNBC, and her book  sounds so simplistic.  No wonder it was right up Meghan's alley. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Oh!  It's just her face that's the problem!!!!!!!!!!  That's a new one.  She must have read the book and thought, "Aha!".   Yesterday she was loopy; today she's trying to gaslight everybody.  

I can think of men who when angry have been thought of as "unhinged”.

“Crazy Bernie” ring a bell ?  Give me a break!!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

.....it might be me over thinking things, but after all of the rumours this show seems incredibly shady towards Meghan for Abby's last day.

I really thought so too.  Add to that them showing the clip of Arizona's Senator McSally being rude for no reason (even though it ended up that Meghan didn't like what she did.  I heard someone on MSNBC say that John McCain and Manu Raju had a Capitol Hill bromance). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

My two takeaways from watching that farewell to Abby segment albeit only half-ass paying attention and caring even less:  One -- Joy really and truly does adore Abby and is very sorry to see her leave, as per Joy.  And two -- Meghan McCain is a sympathetic figure and we have to remember all that she has been through (said Abby), as per ABC and the highly manipulative clips they decided to include in Abby's farewell montage.  And is anyone here still going to pretend that ABC doesn't coddle, protect, prop up and kowtow to McCain? 

I watched today and as soon as I heard Abby saying something about how much MC has been through I started ffing. I was still ffing during the montage and saw they jammed in princess baby of Arizona into Abby's tribute so I fast forwarded even faster. 

The story Robin Roberts talked about was compelling. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I watched today and as soon as I heard Abby saying something about how much MC has been through I started ffing. I was still ffing during the montage and saw they jammed in princess baby of Arizona into Abby's tribute so I fast forwarded even faster. 

My FF button is practically worn out what with the work out it's been getting thanks to Missy McCain. I keep in poised in my hand, at all times, because we never know when another eruption may occur.

Would I be correct to assume that the woman with Abby's Daddy is her STEP-MOTHER?!! What is it with these old rich dudes and their trophy wives who don't look much older than their own daughters?!!! Would it really kill these guys to marry a woman who is at least part of their generation?!!! They looked creepy together.

Poor Joy is really going to miss Abby, being left there with Hurricane Meghan. Always nice to see Ana who I would love to see come in as a permanent replacement but being an intelligent woman, she likely wants no part of that weekly drama, bullshit and of course, sparing with MEghan. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

My FF button is practically worn out what with the work out it's been getting thanks to Missy McCain. I keep in poised in my hand, at all times, because we never know when another eruption may occur.

Would I be correct to assume that the woman with Abby's Daddy is her STEP-MOTHER?!! What is it with these old rich dudes and their trophy wives who don't look much older than their own daughters?!!! Would it really kill these guys to marry a woman who is at least part of their generation?!!! They looked creepy together.

Poor Joy is really going to miss Abby, being left there with Hurricane Meghan. Always nice to see Ana who I would love to see come in as a permanent replacement but being an intelligent woman, she likely wants no part of that weekly drama, bullshit and of course, sparing with MEghan. 

As far as I know that is his only wife Abby's mother. 

I want to add that I did enjoy Joy and Ana pointing out all Abby's attributes, of which Meghan shares none . It was pretty funny. I kept thinking ouch take that Meghan 😁

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Would it have killed them to bump up (or out entirely) the View Your Deal so Abby could say the goodbye for her final show?

also it truly seems it was her idea to leave the show! 

So true!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Why did MeAgain RUN out onto the stage?  She has never done that before.  So strange.  Maybe she's still on the same drugs as yesterday.

MeAgain said that no one on that Dem debate stage impressed her/could beat Trump.  What, what about Uncle Joe????  She is fickle!

She told Robin that she was better at politics than at asking questions.  🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

Just think, Abby's going to have a significant, helpful roll in an actual campaign, something Meghan was born to do.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Just think, Abby's going to have a significant, helpful roll in an actual campaign, something Meghan was born to do.

And she won't have to be banished like Meh-gun was.

Mary Kaye Huntsman is Abby's bioMom, 58 and a fan of plastic surgery.  She looked and acted like she thought this was an audition for Real Wives of Utah.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15

Joy is right. I can think of a few exceptions but I do think when people don't care if you like them or not they become more likable. And I think that is due to them being more authentic.   If people don't care if you like them they aren't going to take the time to be fake. They are going to be who they really are.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Only 8 minutes in and already all the compliments to Abby seem to poke a stick into Nutmeg.   She will NEVER get these kinds of tributes WHEN (please lord) she leaves.

I know for sure Meghan probably requested that be put in the montage. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I hope Abby does come back eventually. Maybe to replace McCain at the end of the season? I can dream.

Did you not think that Abby was trying just a little too hard to convince everybody that they are one big happy family and even though they may have differences, blah, blah, blah? Just who are you trying to convince, Abby? YOURSELF?!!! 

Even though I always thought Abby a lightweight, who constantly seemed way out of her depth here, at least she wasn't the rude, arrogant, nasty, spiteful, obnoxious shew that McCain has shown to be. 

I really wish that Ana wanted the gig but she's too smart to want to jeopardize her psyche and emotional well being. Having to put up with MEghan would be incredibly taxing at best.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

No, that is Abby’s mother.

I imagine that when Abby was at the end of her maternity leave (or maybe Christmas break) she was dreading jumping back into that toxic environment, maybe complaining to her parents. Daddy comes to the rescue: “That’s ok, honey, come work for me on my campaign.”  Problem solved. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

And she won't have to be banished like Meh-gun was.

Mary Kaye Huntsman is Abby's bioMom, 58 and a fan of plastic surgery.  She looked and acted like she thought this was an audition for Real Wives of Utah.

Her mom was in the front row this season and her puffed lips were distracting.  Since then I have seen 2 videos of her parents and mom is always manipulating the placement of her face in the camera, either behind John or by tilting her head. 

• Love 5

Yesterday she said she doesn’t have a poker face today she has resting bitch face. She’s exhausting.  
So many compliments for Abby and Robin that just shines the light on how Megan  is none of those things. 
Good thing no one could hear me when she once again was advising the Democratic Party and the words “ people who are trying to bring the president down” STFU just STFU. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

Her mom was in the front row this season and her puffed lips were distracting.  Since then I have seen 2 videos of her parents and mom is always manipulating the placement of her face in the camera, either behind John or by tilting her head. 

Lol, I remember one appearance, maybe on Skype or something and Abby's mom's body was turned away from her husband,  very posed and Mariah Carey came to mind.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Right, because Robin called her out for her non question asking questioning technique.

I wasn't a big Abby fan, but she did seem to come into her own these past few weeks.  Now we know it was because she knew she was leaving and free to be her, instead of the version of "her" that must also support MM.    

Not buying her excuse for leaving at all.  What father would ask his daughter to give up her dream job (making really good money) to temporarily help his campaign?  I don't think it's a particularly contentious race.   Her leaving to focus on her kids would have been more believable.  But perhaps she felt that would some how be anti-feminist?

Which leads me to think she was let go from the View or it was a mutual decision.  Which is sad, because if we always had the Abby of the last few weeks, the audience would have warmed to her quicker.   

• Love 17
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Abby is probably praised for her kind personality more than anyone else on the show. That right there shows the hosts/viewers don’t hate Meghan just because her political beliefs are different from Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny. 

the breakfast club 80s GIF

• Love 11
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Why did MeAgain RUN out onto the stage?  She has never done that before.  So strange.  Maybe she's still on the same drugs as yesterday.

MeAgain said that no one on that Dem debate stage impressed her/could beat Trump.  What, what about Uncle Joe????  She is fickle!

Ignoring a poll this week that shows all of the top candidates beat T in several key states that got him elected last time.  She picks and chooses.  And I too would like to know who all her red state/middle America  friends are that she quotes all the time....I don’t think they exist.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

But then again what is wrong with RBF? Am i supposed to smile at all times? Like cmon. 

I’ve had one since I was 12, everyone including the 7-11 clerk felt like telling me to smile.  Mine is more of a serious face.  I often go out of my way to grin possibly looking like an idiot.  She said she had RBF not anyone else.  Before that she said how she feels shows on her face that she does not have a poker face. She folds her arms ,curls her lip , and rolls her eyes so which is it?    If your job is on camera for one hour I’d say adjust your face  in order to look like you’re approachable or happy to have a job.    
The dash out on stage was just strange. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

The dash out of MM was totally not MM.....she was doing real damage control and looked the fool. IMO. Especially since her friendship with Abby is not Live Free or Die.....

I am glad Abby is surrounded by great people that suggested she grow up, ditch the negativity with MM and stand up for herself over the past few weeks. And is moving on - on her own terms - no bridges burned.

She is a mother of very young children and a real family member.

Odd MM has not gone "home" all these counting (over 500) days.

I wonder if Mon is pre-recorded.

• Love 6

I feel pretty certain that we heard that MeAgain was going home to Arizona some time ago.  But then she instead went to Wyoming.

What kind of daughter doesn't go to visit her mother for almost two years after she lost her husband?

I have no money and I live across the country from my family.  I travelled there many times a year after my dad died, to support my mom.

• Love 15

I feel pretty certain that we heard that MeAgain was going home to Arizona some time ago.  But then she instead went to Wyoming.

What kind of daughter doesn't go to visit her mother for almost two years after she lost her husband?

I have no money and I live across the country from my family.  I travelled there many times a year after my dad died, to support my mom.

I hate her behavior and beliefs too. Has she seen her mother elsewhere that we don’t know about? Has her mother come to NY? Did her mother go to Wyoming? Or is this miserable person alienated from all of her family. She seems to take on the grief crown. She reminds me somewhat of Carly Simons song “nobody does it better” because she wants an Oscar for her role as Grief Queen 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

One that indulges only in her own grief and does not take a minute to consider that others may be suffering too.

• Love 10