Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: I Don't Have A Choice

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Syngin was nervous about Tania going to a bar in Costa Rica, because he knows that is how they met. And, she already had a man. Saying he wants more commitment than she is willing to give is asinine, considering they are suppose to be getting married.  

I have a feeling someone in the US Consulate in Nigeria watches "90 Day Fiance" and is well acquainted with Angela and Michael.  Which is why his visa was denied. 

Anna was wrong to tell her oldest son that she knows that he would be happy to hear that Mursel is leaving. Way to make the kid feel guilty about something that the two of them fumbled and bumbled.  

Anna is so unhappy and it’s her kids fault.  What a bitch she is.  She’s going to ruin her sons just because she wants to get laid, in plain English.  Selfish woman.  IMO.

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, b2H said:

Anna had the boys; she didn't hide it from him, he was well aware; he knew his family, based on their culture, would reject the situation.

The blame falls squarely on Anna when it comes to Mursel and the boys relationship, all that time they skyped she could have included her boys in those calls, she did nothing to forge a relationship with them, she could have done more to prepare Mursel before he met them in person like tell him what they like to do and maybe he could have tried to play a video game or go to a ballgame with them, he could have brought gifts from Turkey.

His family rejecting those kids would not have been the deal breaker in their relationship if he had a vested interest in them but they were disposable because that is how Anna treated them so that is how Murcel thought of them. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
32 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Kind of like that engagement ring commercial where the guy asks the woman's son permission? 

And Syngyn seems to be a real nice guy, who cares for her and is very easy on the eyes! WTF does he see in her? 

LOL, I think I've seen that commercial and that was maybe a bridge too far for me. 

Adults and children are different.  Adults have all the power and with all that power should come the responsibility not to abuse it by treating your fiances kids like the hired help or an inconvenience.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The blame falls squarely on Anna when it comes to Mursel and the boys relationship, all that time they skyped she could have included her boys in those calls, she did nothing to forge a relationship with them, she could have done more to prepare Mursel before he met them in person like tell him what they like to do and maybe he could have tried to play a video game or go to a ballgame with them, he could have brought gifts from Turkey.

His family rejecting those kids would not have been the deal breaker in their relationship if he had a vested interest in them but they were disposable because that is how Anna treated them so that is how Murcel thought of them. 

I think there is plenty blame to go around so that I feel comfortable blaming both mursel and Anna.  

I believe that kids the world over (even adults) are more similar than different.  If you want to build repoire with any kid you have to make an effort.  

I'm sure the kids in turkey are much better than those in America but they likely operate the same way.  Which is, honestly, the same way adults operate.  Shared interests.  

Has mursel tried to get the kids to engage in any part of beekeeping with him?  The baby boy is at a sweet age where he'd probably just like to help clean the beeswax or whatever.....or learn about how bees operate.  

Nope.  Besides insulting their food,using them as his servants and refusing to play video games with them mursel has made absolutely no effort.  Did he expect that the kids should make the effort when it is him who is interrupting their lives?  

• Love 14

And after the mursel scenes I'm again left thinking there is something fundamentally wrong with mursel which is why he is 38 and a bachelor in such a traditional society.  

He kept saying that his family was "aggressive" and so if he has trouble saying no to them when he is in a different country, hed probably have capitulated if they told him to get married or arranged a marriage for him. 

But, they may not have been able to arrange such a marriage if there was something WRONG with him such that no respectable family wanted them to marry their daughter.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I want Syngin to go to a few bars himself, meet a woman who gives him ALL the Jack and Tiramisu and leave Tania to come home with her low hanging fruit all alone in the she shed. She can then call all  her lady birds about how he was just too much and feel free to continue to flirt with other foreign born men. That's clearly her deal.

Anna and Murcel....who didn't see this coming. Who else thinks she is doing this because friends and family weighed in on how crappy it was that he was hiding  her boys? She wasn't calling off the wedding until the many nay sayers started to weigh in loudly. She was wise to kick him to the curb, but I hated her blaming Joey, and saying he got what he wanted. Way to overly involve and damage your kids in a short time girlfriend.  Her mom and her big cholesterol plaques over her eyes need some attention. They can be resected, lord lady those are distracting. As are the constellations and big dipper of a mole sequence on Anna's face.

Emily what did you do to your hair? Are you channeling Marilyn Monroe with the platinum hair, red lip, and winged eye? Funny enough, many Russian gals have this look. It is uninspired and makes her look worse.  I feel bad for the baby, its come out he has hydrocephalous, which explains his large head.  The sister shouldn't have to put up with Sasha throwing away her junk food,  if she wants to be a thick-em, that's her business. Its clear she is over this living situation. Let the poor woman go back to her single life which may last a lifetime (throw a few cats in there and she's good).

Blake's gal saying she hopes HIS parents move out of THEIR home soon? Girlfriend have several seats. Better yet, White Chics part 2 is casting, your a natural for a feature spot.

Angela and her road map of wrinkles continues on her tour of delusion. Michael would be best to slide into a few US ladies DM's (along with Syngin) as its clear they could do better. I am still perplexed how a CNA gets so much vacation time, has money for # trips to Africa, and gets away with those nasty talons taking care of poor old people.

Anna was absolutely happy to continue with the status quo until her friends and family called her out on her shit.  

But I also think that Anna's desire to get married is fueled by her need to impress her friends and family.  She wants to marry a man who she literally* cannot talk to.  That, to me, is the very essence of just marrying anyone

* I hate the overuse of the word literally, but I think it fits here since she really cannot talk to him. 

• Love 18
37 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes! Thank you thank you! It is both infuriating and sad.  

• Love 4

But I also think that Anna's desire to get married is fueled by her need to impress her friends and family.  She wants to marry a man who she literally* cannot talk to.  That, to me, is the very essence of just marrying anyone

I think Anna is just desperate not to be alone. She is desperate for a relationship. Anna just reeks of desperation in general. And where she is living, there may not be that many single guys in her age range. And it has to be stressful to be left alone with 3 kids. Beekeeping can't pay all that well. I do have sympathy for her, but she put her kids last to fulfill her own needs. 

• Love 7

Anna is a pathetic excuse for a mother.  Once you decide to have kids, all bets are off the table.  Don't have kids if you do not want to put their needs first until they are able to live on their own/fend for themselves.  I am not suggesting that you should sacrifice every bit of happiness you could have for your kids, but it's a pretty basic concept that you should put your kid's needs before that of some random stranger you meet on the internet.

Seriously, you have to be dumber than a box of hair to have a stranger come to live with you and your young kids.  Mursel could have been a pedophile for all Anna knows!  Not to mention, she is psychologically scarring her kids by sending the message to them that they are to be hidden like some dirty little secret.  

Divorce is hard.  Being a single parent is hard.  Okay.  Lots of stuff in life is hard, but you are the adult, so you should shoulder that hard stuff as much as reasonable while they are kids. 

Edited by MinDC76
Correct punctuation is still important!
  • Love 24
1 minute ago, Kellyee said:

I think Anna is just desperate not to be alone. She is desperate for a relationship. Anna just reeks of desperation in general. And where she is living, there may not be that many single guys in her age range. And it has to be stressful to be left alone with 3 kids. Beekeeping can't pay all that well. I do have sympathy for her, but she put her kids last to fulfill her own needs. 

Well, she said that when she tried local dating apps, she got a lot of dick pics.  But she'd have a much better conversation with the men attached to those local dicks than she has with mursel.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Well, she said that when she tried local dating apps, she got a lot of dick pics.  But she'd have a much better conversation with the men attached to those local dicks than she has with mursel.  

Debatable.  ;)

• LOL 20

These are Dr. Phil's Parental Fitness Factors - basically call DFACS if these aren't met.  While it doesn't explicitly say don't make your kids feel like they are likely to be dumped in favor of a non-English speaking schlub just so you can have sex, I kind of feel like our friend Anna ought to maybe take a look...... 

1.  Provide a safe, stable and secure environment

2.  Maintain loving, stable, consistent, nurturing relationship with child

3.  Attend to daily needs of child:  feeding, clothing, physical care

4.  Attend to adequate education for the child

5.  Provide for the financial support of the child

6.  Ability to identify & prioritize child's needs ahead of own

7.  Ability to empathize with and meet child's needs

8.  Ability to regulate impulses and emotions

9.  Assist child in developing and maintaining appropriate relationships

10.  Exercise appropriate judgement regarding child's welfare

• Love 10

Also: I have serious doubts that Angela’s mom cares about a wedding. That’s an excuse for Angela to throw a fit. 

“I have riiiiights. I’m a taxpayerrrr!” Going on and on like her whining can change the system was pretty amusing!  She also looks more potato-y the longer she’s on the show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Cammi said:

Everybody coming down on on Anna's oldest kid for why? I'd have treated Musel worse if I were in his position! From the JUMP his dumbass banana chasing Mom brings home the village idiot who denes his very existence, and even his own Mom even denied his existence! Ddin't claim her own kids! Anna and Mursel are scum. You don't think those kids pick up on these vibes? Kids are smart, even if they didn't tell the kids, they know. I said it in the beginning that Mursel probably tired to get Anna to move to Turkey and I bet she considered it. I'm sure that cherry angioma covered faced bitch probably promised him she'd move back with him in a couple of years. Probably plans on dumping the kids on grandma. I give those kids carte blanche for treating both those two tools like crap. Fuck them both up the ass with a rusty pipe. Anna, get sterilized. Can not believe she agreed to play out this storyline on national television and have it documented for all to see her horrible parenting choices! Those poor kids jfc. I hope they leave her alone in a nursing home and she can complain to all the staff how her kids never come see her. Seen it so many times and it usually because the parent was abusive. 

I think I love you!  I agree with all of your points!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I want Syngin to go to a few bars himself, meet a woman who gives him .

Emily what did you do to your hair? Are you channeling Marilyn Monroe with the platinum hair, red lip, and winged eye? Funny enough, many Russian gals have this look. It is uninspired and makes her look worse.  I feel bad for the baby, its come out he has hydrocephalous, which explains his large head.  The sister shouldn't have to put up with Sasha throwing away her junk food,  if she wants to be a thick-em, that's her business. Its clear she is over this living situation. Let the poor woman go back to her single life which may last a lifetime (throw a few cats in there and she's good).

Angela and her road map of wrinkles continues on her tour of delusion. Michael would be best to slide into a few US ladies DM's (along with Syngin) as its clear they could do better. I am still perplexed how a CNA gets so much vacation time, has money for # trips to Africa, and gets away with those nasty talons taking care of poor old people.

I don't think Syngin would have much of a problem. He can do better. She wants to have her cake and eat it too. Meanwhile he is living in a shed, new to this country and bored. 

Emily looks awful with that ice blonde hair. She looked so much better with it darker and more natural. I missed that the baby has hydrocephalous. Did they mention it on the show?

I noticed in the preview Michael brought along a cake to pick up Angela. Then they are arguing in the car..... guess what come next? Cake in the face! 

18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Meanwhile Tania, if sending a text "I'm safe" is too much of a commitment to you, how about not making a commitment at all?  I'm single.  I don't have to check in with a mate on my whereabouts.  If I were to have a fiance I dumped at home so I could party on the other side of the world, I would at least send a text or call to let them know I came home.  If that's too much of a bother, you have no business getting married at all.

IN PT, Molly said something to the effect after all this, how nice it is to have someone who watches out for you, who wants to make sure you made it home safe. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I missed that the baby has hydrocephalous. Did they mention it on the show?

I don't think it was mentioned on the show, but isn't that something that should be treated immediately after diagnosis? Meanwhile Emily was just hanging around Russia for six months because Sasha couldn't be bothered to apply for his passport? 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

There's a Turkish-American viewer who has been posting her insights on Reddit. It's worth reading.

Thanks!  That is all very interesting and makes complete sense.  Just LOL at Anna being so thirsty for Turkish slop.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

@HunterHunted

thank you for that posting, all of that makes sense and describes much of what I already suspected. Murcel seems child-like and I suspected he was taken care of by his family until he was taken care of by Anna. Even if you don’t know the language much of this can be detected by his mannerisms and behavior, and the fact that he made it to “38” as a single man.  That airport scene with the random guy with Murcel? Probably he was a helper that handled Murcel through the traveling process like a lost child. He also has no basic manners, expected to be waited on, pees on the toilet seat and leaves it, doesn’t have a mature grasp of emotions, etc. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, b2H said:

He hasn't a leg to stand on if a) he knew Anna had the boys and b) he knew his family in Turkey would reject the situation.  This is a social more problem that he was personally responsible for.  There is no unfair editing - the situation is quite clear and really not able to be edited any other way.  

Anna had the boys; she didn't hide it from him, he was well aware; he knew his family, based on their culture, would reject the situation.

Someone reported elsewhere in one of the earlier episodes that the translations were faulty, but the rejection of the boys should never have been allowed to happen, long before Mursal came to the US.

I'm just referring to his interaction with the boys.  I find it hard to believe he has made so little effort to try and relate to them.  I think we aren't getting to see the whole story really.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I don't think Anna chose her children over Mursel. If her children were the priority, she would not have gotten involved with someone who told her that he would never tell his family that she had kids. If her kids were #1, they never would have been in a position to hear their mother tell them that this guy she was planning to marry is never going to tell his family that they exist and that he wanted her to move to Turkey with him. And she would have shown him the door after he arrived and treated them like an inconvenience and had zero desire to talk to them or get to know them. How shitty it must have been for those kids to feel unwanted and ignored in their own house while mom was getting it on with a warm body. It was laughable to watch those texts and calls at the end because it looked like Anna was treating them like he was begging her to take him back when all he wanted to do was kiss her and touch her hair before going home to his family.

I agree to everything you said.  Why did Anna have to tell her boys every sordid detail in the first place.  She should have told them a good friend was coming for a visit for awhile from another country.  She could have had sex with him when they went to school or something.  Kids have enough on their plate without a Father and what growing up entails.  Why get them all upset with all her business?  Kids come first, and should be protected.  Now, the oldest boy will have guilt that he made his Mother unhappy and she’s crying all the time.  That kind of kid is the type to go and join the military to get away from the disfunction in the house.  Selfish mother.  I don’t fall for her crying every minute over a guy she hardly knows, and do not like her.  P.S.  I could just see myself sleeping with a stranger in my bed with my son knowing.  Holy shit!!!! My son would raise the roof or leave the house.  Shame on her, the horny bitch.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 15

I can't find anything online (but I'm not a good googler) that says their baby has hydrocephalus, but if so that doesn't mean that the child is not going to develop well if properly treated.  My best friend has a daughter who just finished competing in the Miss Texas pageant who had this condition at birth (that was a dumb statement - of course she had that condition at birth! - incidentally her twin did not) and continues to thrive.  She has just graduated from college and is preparing for a career in opera.  Just because some kids have big heads do not mean they have hydrocephalus.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 1

This might be my favorite thing ever. (Disclaimer: I'm prone to hyperbole)

Tania being all, "I literally have a clock inside me telling me half my eggs are gonna go stale on my next birthday and I NEED TO HAVE A BABY NOW, but a phone call home is too much of a commitment for me." is just SO MUCH NERVE. If a call to let someone know she made it home okay after a night of drinking in a foreign country is "too much commitment," for her, imagine all the whining she'll do once there's a baby who needs her to be there to nurse or feed it. Dumb, nervy betch!

image.png.6020aba2f4db2155d89f2f241665b76c.png

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Love 23

Something that's bothered me since last night's episode aired: Why does Anna start speaking in broken English to Morsel after they break up? Especially on the phone - "You, me finished." I found that very odd. I could also see through Morsel's "I just want to see her one last time, to hold her hair (??)" as meaning "I just want to get laid one last time, since there's not a hint of trim in my Turkish future."

A fun game I like to play while suffering through the Anna/Morsel bad communication/broken English scenes is to pretend Anna is actually involved with a caveman who I've named Grog. Grog family aggressive! Grog no stand up to Grog parent, but Grog DOES tell big whopper lie to parents. Grog go back to Turkey cave and grow more stubble, brood. In this context, I find Morsel much more entertaining and tolerable. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, renatae said:

Anna's son Joey is not likeable. For his own reasons, he didn't want the relationship, made absolutely no effort to even be barely polite and now that his mom is heartbroken, he doesn't even have the grace to have even a smidgen of empathy for her. He's just "annoyed."

Meh. Anna was going to pretend like her children didn’t exist so she could get some less than stellar peen from someone who had no intention of being a parent and wanted to move her (and only her) to Turkey. Someone who couldn’t stand up to his parents. And I bet this isn’t the first time Anna has put a man before her kids. Now, she’s blaming her relationship failure on them instead of her desperate self.

Fuck Anna, fuck Murcel and fuck her feelings. Her sons know a loser when they see one.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Does anyone know why it’s not on next week?

edit I looked at the schedule and there is a new two-hour Sister Wives.

Yeah, they’re skipping a week.  They do that sometimes when the end is near and they want to promote a new show.  The Housewives shows do that too.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

As a single person, wouldn't that be one of the perks of being in a relationship?  That someone cares enough to know that you got home okay?

She’s garbage, and just wants to party.  Not the type at all to stay home with kids. He’d better find someone else.  Hmmm, ... Darcy lives in Connecticut too. Lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree to everything you said.  Why did Anna have to tell her boys every sordid detail in the first place.  She should have told them a good friend was coming for a visit for awhile from another country.  She could have had sex with him when they went to school or something.  Kids have enough on their plate without a Father and what growing up entails.  Why get them all upset with all her business?  Kids come first, and should be protected.  Now, the oldest boy will have guilt that he made his Mother unhappy and she’s crying all the time.  That kind of kid is the type to go and join the military to get away from the disfunction in the house.  Selfish mother.  I don’t fall for her crying every minute over a guy she hardly knows, and do not like her.

I do think she was right to be  honest as to why he is here.  Kids aren't stupid.  

That said, she should never have been in a relationship with someone that wants to keep her kids a secret. Clearly, when she was in Turkey, she kept them a secret from his family.  Obviously, the secret didn't bother her that much.

I get the feeling that he annoyed her so the secret bothered her and now she's just hurt that her love wasn't enough for him to stay.  She doesn't want him, she's just hurt he can give her up so easily.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, renatae said:

Anna's son Joey is not likeable. For his own reasons, he didn't want the relationship, made absolutely no effort to even be barely polite and now that his mom is heartbroken, he doesn't even have the grace to have even a smidgen of empathy for her. He's just "annoyed."

Hmmmm....could it be that his very own mother actually wanted to marry a man who (1) they can't communicate with, (2) who wants her to abandon the kids and move to Turkey, and (3) who wanted her to deny their very existence?  There is zero reason for him to want that relationship.  And sadly he had to watch his mother think this relationship was one to make permanent.   Even worse, his fuckpig of a mother decides to blame him for it (He got his wish).  

Those kids have every right to be "not likeable."  

• Love 22
35 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree to everything you said.  Why did Anna have to tell her boys every sordid detail in the first place.  She should have told them a good friend was coming for a visit for awhile from another country.  

But they were supposed to be planning a wedding

The whole thing about Mursel not wanting to tell his family about the three boys is gross and wrong. But if it was that serious, why couldn't she just tell the kids, "hey, Mursel's parents are assholes and you shouldn't take this personally but...." and see if they were OK with the whole charade. Maybe they wouldn't have cared. IDK....it seems a little unbelievable to me that she would have been OK with it one day and the next day, it was an ironclad dealbreaker.

So no one was horrified that synjin asked Tiana if Tania had cheated on her previous boyfriends? WTF? 🤣

I am team Synjin for life. But he has threatened to leave her, break the engagement, walk away, return to S. Africa, pop a wheelie and every other relationship-ending euphemism at least 20 times so far (in talking heads and while talking directly to her).

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BallisticNikki said:

The whole thing about Mursel not wanting to tell his family about the three boys is gross and wrong. But if it was that serious, why couldn't she just tell the kids, "hey, Mursel's parents are assholes and you shouldn't take this personally but...." and see if they were OK with the whole charade. Maybe they wouldn't have cared. IDK....it seems a little unbelievable to me that she would have been OK with it one day and the next day, it was an ironclad dealbreaker.

I get the feeling that once he was here, the fairy tale romance was pretty much over when she realized he'll always respond to her in 3 word sentences.  I'm sure if she was still swept away by him, she would have zero problem going with that major lie.  

I think the anger and hurt we're seeing now is that she thought for sho that he was so in love with her, he'd do anything for her such as defy his parents.  But she's not enough.  So she's hurt and angry.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

So no one was horrified that synjin asked Tiana if Tania had cheated on her previous boyfriends? WTF? 🤣

I am team Synjin for life. But he has threatened to leave her, break the engagement, walk away, return to S. Africa, pop a wheelie and every other relationship-ending euphemism at least 20 times so far (in talking heads and while talking directly to her).

I agree that it's very suspicious that Anna didn't care that mursel lied to her parents about her kids and then it was suddenly a dealbreaker. 

It's part of the reason why I think a big motivator for Anna to have and maintain this relationship has been some pressure she feels to keep up with her friends and to seek approval from friends and family.  

She didn't give not a single shit about mursel not telling his parents until her family and, even more importantly, her friends judged her poorly for it.  

She wants a relationship that can be the envy of her friends, or at least, on par with the relationships her friends have.  When it was clear that her relationship with mursel would be viewed as inferior because he wouldn't tell his parents about her kids......THATS when it became an issue.  

I think mursel forcing Anna to keep her kids secret is BS and I don't think it would be okay for her kids to know it.  What would happen if mursels family wanted to visit the US?  Her kids would have to be hidden or forced out of their home to continue this charade that makes them a shameful secret?  

I also think telling anyone not to take something personally is maybe not the most effective strategy.  I'd take it personally if I had to pretend not to exist no matter what someone told me.  

BUT, as much as I take issue with keeping Anna's kids a secret I think I take greater issue with mursel's behavior and treatment.  He acts like he is doing everyone a giant favor by just being there.  Yuck, time for him to take his simple ass right back to Turkey, which is so much better anyways 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

TrashcAngela's cognitive dissonance is making me want to scream at my TV. The sheer audacity of her saying "Stop protecting people who didn't ask to be protected. I don't need your protection, I protect myself," with respect to why Mykull's visa was denied!

Sage Alexei on Pillow Talk:  "They're not protecting you.  They're protecting the country." 

15 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Sister Robert kept Anny to her budget without making her feel bad and they found a nice enough dress (personally, I didn't love the fit on the dress...the v was too deep for her...the middle was a little too tight). 

Hmm...from looking at the rest of her wardrobe, I would have thought those are the fit guidelines.

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Has mursel tried to get the kids to engage in any part of beekeeping with him?  The baby boy is at a sweet age where he'd probably just like to help clean the beeswax or whatever.....or learn about how bees operate.  

Nope. 

To be fair, we don't really know the answer to that question.  Besides, if the kids had any interest in beekeeping, they could or would have participated with Anna, instead of waiting for a stranger/intruder to introduce them to it.

3 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Blake's gal saying she hopes HIS parents move out of THEIR home soon? Girlfriend have several seats.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but they're already planning to move, and I'm pretty sure that Blake and Jasmine will live there after the parents are out.  I have no problem with her wishing for sooner rather than later.

Which of course brings up the question of why Jasmine didn't just wait until Blake's parents were already gone to come to he U.S.  I just can't believe that Blake didn't know that his parents weren't going to allow both of them to live there before they were married.  And it makes no sense that they couldn't find somewhere other than with Blake's parents for Jasmine to stay.  He's got friends there, and her sister is there.

Sigh.  I'm sure it just more of the manufactured bullshit they subject us to.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I agree that it's very suspicious that Anna didn't care that mursel lied to her parents about her kids and then it was suddenly a dealbreaker. 

It's part of the reason why I think a big motivator for Anna to have and maintain this relationship has been some pressure she feels to keep up with her friends and to seek approval from friends and family.  

She didn't give not a single shit about mursel not telling his parents until her family and, even more importantly, her friends judged her poorly for it.  

She wants a relationship that can be the envy of her friends, or at least, on par with the relationships her friends have.  When it was clear that her relationship with mursel would be viewed as inferior because he wouldn't tell his parents about her kids......THATS when it became an issue.  

I think mursel forcing Anna to keep her kids secret is BS and I don't think it would be okay for her kids to know it.  What would happen if mursels family wanted to visit the US?  Her kids would have to be hidden or forced out of their home to continue this charade that makes them a shameful secret?  

I also think telling anyone not to take something personally is maybe not the most effective strategy.  I'd take it personally if I had to pretend not to exist no matter what someone told me.  

BUT, as much as I take issue with keeping Anna's kids a secret I think I take greater issue with mursel's behavior and treatment.  He acts like he is doing everyone a giant favor by just being there.  Yuck, time for him to take his simple ass right back to Turkey, which is so much better anyways 

I have to wonder then why she didn't just lie to her friends and family about this. Why did she tell them? It's not an ideal situation; she had to know she'd at least get side eyd over that.

I was assuming that Mursel knew his parents wouldn't be visiting...they haven't shown any interest in attending the wedding.

I'm thinking there are a lot of Annas out here today. Lonely sing moms who are so desperate to get married, they will agree to almost anything if a guy proposes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Sage Alexei on Pillow Talk:  "They're not protecting you.  They're protecting the country." 

Hmm...from looking at the rest of her wardrobe, I would have thought those are the fit guidelines.

To be fair, we don't really know the answer to that question.  Besides, if the kids had any interest in beekeeping, they could or would have participated with Anna, instead of waiting for a stranger/intruder to introduce them to it.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but they're already planning to move, and I'm pretty sure that Blake and Jasmine will live there after the parents are out.  I have no problem with her wishing for sooner rather than later.

Which of course brings up the question of why Jasmine didn't just wait until Blake's parents were already gone to come to he U.S.  I just can't believe that Blake didn't know that his parents weren't going to allow both of them to live there before they were married.  And it makes no sense that they couldn't find somewhere other than with Blake's parents for Jasmine to stay.  He's got friends there, and her sister is there.

Sigh.  I'm sure it just more of the manufactured bullshit they subject us to.

Maybe they would have engaged with Anna, but maybe not.  They have known Anna her entire life and if she isn't very careful or studious about her beekeeping it may not be interesting to partake in the hobby with her. 

So, he should have tried.  Or even tried Turkish music dance party.  Kids, especially little kids, really don't require much 

• Love 3