Type keyword(s) to search

Tidal Pool: Below Deck in the Media

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh no .. Another “Pillow Talk” starring Kate.  To me, it’s very annoying.  I hope this is the only time.  I can’t enjoy the others with Kate butting in.

It’s only on the repeat airing before the new episode. I am hoping to actual enjoy the show because I don’t enjoy any of the crew or the guests.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s only on the repeat airing before the new episode. I am hoping to actual enjoy the show because I don’t enjoy any of the crew or the guests.

It was terrible.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I actually discovered I couldn’t watch again, not because of Kate j was just like I can’t handle rewatching a full episode.

Exactly. If they could release these the same night as the original airing, I'd be more inclined to watch it. 

• Love 1

Andy Cohen (paraphrasing): Parker was so horrid, was it a mistake to put Ciara on deck crew?

Yes, when a man acts like an unprofessional spoiled POS at work, the thing to do is to punish the nearest woman. 🙄

I hate Andy Cohen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 4/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, Silver Bells said:

Oh no .. Another “Pillow Talk” starring Kate.  To me, it’s very annoying.  I hope this is the only time.  I can’t enjoy the others with Kate butting in.

On 5/13/2020 at 6:59 PM, biakbiak said:

Andy confirmed today on IG that the BDSY reunion filmed today.

I really like BDSY and the entire cast.  I hope it comes back.   I'd like to see Captain Glenn, Bryron, Jenna, Paget/Ciara, and Georgia return making the newbies one deck hand and one interior. 

Chef Adam was kinda gross to Jenna which was kind of disappointing.  For me, I don't think I'd want to see him back - at least not in a relationship. It might be a non-issue though.  On a recent episode of WWHL, he said he and Jenna split.  She had to return to Canada and he might be ready to settle into a single location to focus on what he wants to do (which he said was "cooking organic food over a campfire").  He said he something like he didn't think he could do what he wanted to do in the yachint/sailing world and is pretty much over it as a result.    I

• Love 1
On 5/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, Jextella said:

Chef Adam was kinda gross to Jenna which was kind of disappointing. 

Depends on one's point of view.  Jenna WANTED Adam and she was relentless ... to the point of being a crazy person.  She was annoying to watch and I hope she's NOT invited back for another season.  Adam? I don't care. Just let him cook. Neither one of them is a prize.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They have done a casting call for what seems to be an overly aggressive timeline of easy international travel happening in July. Who wants to do 14 day quarantines at the beginning and ending of a trip for two days of filmed travel.

And how would you social distance on a boat?

Edited by endure
  • Love 1
(edited)

Paget and Ciara got engaged.

She appears happy with the ring, so there is that! (Last picture on her slide show). It’s um something.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Paget and Ciara got engaged.

She appears happy with the ring, so there is that! (Last picture on her slide show). It’s um something.

Thanks for sharing!  I didn't know what to make of Paget and Ciara, but I grew to like them pretty fast.  They are a cute couple and seem to work well together.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Wow, that's ugly.  But if she likes it....I still don't, but good for them.

That’s the weirdest engagement ring I’ve ever seen. I wonder if there’s some story behind the design.

• Love 2

It looks from the promo like Bravo took over the casting.  So no holdovers like Paget and Ciara who were already living on the yacht.

Croatia was one of the few countries opening up to just about all comers last summer.  So Bravo just needed to move the yacht there, fly over crews.

The Balkan countries may have been hiding their infection rates because in the fall and winter, they got hit as hard as most countries.

So maybe there will actually be infected guests and crew in this season, unlike the BD season just finishing up where they mostly teased about the pandemic impacting the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Pager and Ciara broke up.  I’m not all that surprised.

was tempted to use a laugh emoji, but thought that was in bad taste. Good all around. First boyfriends to a guy who's a lot older than you, and was probably the only male around..... not a good long term bet

I will post here since BDSY Season 2 is taking place from Croatian ports.

It's a private charter on a yacht capable of hosting 38 people.  It's under $1700 for 2 people in a cabin for a 7-night cruise from Split to Dubrovnik or vice versa.

The allure of Croatia’s Adriatic coastline draws many lucky travelers from around the world every year, and with this Travelzoo deal, you could join the fun. You and your cabin-mate will sail for seven nights from Split to Dubrovnik, or vice versa, with airport transfer and a suite of luxury amenities, included.

Both Zantium’s brand-new boats, the New Star and the Antaris, are loaded with perks, including a sun deck, pool, bar, restaurant, and personalized service to make your cruise as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.

Aboard, breakfast and lunch are included daily, and you’ll enjoy one special Captain’s dinner. Daily fresh fruit and complimentary Wi-Fi round out this unique, VIP experience on the Adriatic Sea. The boats have a maximum capacity of 38 people, guaranteeing you an intimate experience. This also means your cruise has access to smaller, less-crowded ports throughout the Croatian coast, saving you the hassle of hectic dockings and packed restaurants on-shore.

https://matadornetwork.com/read/act-now-sail-croatia-luxury-yacht-unbelievable-price-travelzoo-deals/

OK, so it doesn't include dinners every night and it sounds like the cabins will be tiny so it's operating like a mini cruise ship essentially.

HOWEVER, you can rent the whole boat for $30-42k depending on how many people in your party!

Cruises depart on Saturdays between June 5 - Oct. 9, 2021 and June 4 - Sept. 24, 2022

Sail for 7 nights from Dubrovnik to Split, or reverse

Zantium can arrange for a transfer back to original departure port, if desired

These prices are per person, based on two travelers sharing a cabin

$1649 ... sail aboard New Star, lower deck cabin

$1749 ... sail aboard Antaris, lower deck cabin

$1799 ... sail aboard New Star, main deck cabin

$2019 ... sail aboard Antaris, balcony cabin

Or, reserve the whole yacht for your group by paying a $6000 deposit now for a full charter sailing. The total discounted price is $30,000 for up to 26 people or $42,000 for up to 38 people. The balance is paid to Zantium Travel directly when booking your departure date.

https://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/international/getaway/372043/?awc=6394_1618958177_f6b6a9260aecb61966a14814f07280d6&source=tzprtr01&partner=AWIN

Maybe that still wouldn't include all the meals so maybe you pay additional for dinner or go to a restaurant on shore.

But it doesn't sound anything like the hundreds of thousands of dollars that the BD yachts supposedly charge for weekly charters.

Maybe despite the passenger capacity and amenities like a pool and a restaurant, these are smaller than the BD yachts?

Still, it's actually way way more affordable than the BD shows would imply even if you rent the whole boat.

• Useful 1

So did she ever confirm the father?

If it's just her and the baby, looks like the father bailed out of the situation?

Guess she won't be doing more seasons of the show, though most stewardesses don't come back unless they get promoted to a higher title for the sake of the show?

Bravo may not pay much except to the cast who regularly appear in multiple seasons, like the captains and maybe the chief stews.  So it wouldn't be worth it to Dani to find child care to do another season of the show cleaning toilets and getting involved in drama.

If she didn't become involved with JL, she has a rather low drama personality so the show wouldn't be interested in having her return.  But since she got involved in one of the showmances, why not have her and JL back, especially if they left each other on less than amicable terms?

On 5/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, aghst said:

So did she ever confirm the father?

If it's just her and the baby, looks like the father bailed out of the situation?

Guess she won't be doing more seasons of the show, though most stewardesses don't come back unless they get promoted to a higher title for the sake of the show?

Bravo may not pay much except to the cast who regularly appear in multiple seasons, like the captains and maybe the chief stews.  So it wouldn't be worth it to Dani to find child care to do another season of the show cleaning toilets and getting involved in drama.

If she didn't become involved with JL, she has a rather low drama personality so the show wouldn't be interested in having her return.  But since she got involved in one of the showmances, why not have her and JL back, especially if they left each other on less than amicable terms?

Watch this ep of Pita Party, you'll get the answers to your questions : https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPB2L4Srnj0/

I just read that the second season of BD Sailing Yacht was filmed in August of 2020. Filming must have gone into late August-September and Dani give birth just a few days ago. I absolutely believe that Dani has every right not to reveal the father, but the timing is...interesting. I'm very curious now to see if Dani and Jean Luc continue their relationship when the season ends. 

• Love 2
On 6/7/2021 at 7:20 AM, Jextella said:

This has probably been the most entertaining BD season of all time for me.

Huh. I would agree if by "most" you mean "least." Different strokes.

• Love 4
On 6/15/2021 at 2:59 PM, Lamima said:

I watched just now and it didn't answer any of those questions..didn't talk about Dani and baby situation at all.

... As in  : As long as if she doesn't share it, it's none of our business ? So, yes, she did answer !

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

... As in  : As long as if she doesn't share it, it's none of our business ? So, yes, she did answer !

I think she made it our business by first spending fifteen episodes talking about wanting a baby and sleeping with a sperm donor. Then she doubled down by posting on Instagram. If she wanted privacy she has a funny way of showing it. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

I think she made it our business by first spending fifteen episodes talking about wanting a baby and sleeping with a sperm donor. Then she doubled down by posting on Instagram. If she wanted privacy she has a funny way of showing it. 

Yeah, and I saw some preview thing that showed her saying "he says it's not his kid" or something and then what's his name (Andy?) asks her if it's JL and she says "um, well..." and they cut to asking JL the deal and he says something like "so we're going to do this now". So...no, they don't seem to want privacy in this matter. I mean...they showed them hooking up and her saying "gods will if we get pregnant" thing. So...pa..ha ..lease!! With the none of our business.

• Love 6