Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Poor Brando. All he wants to do is live a quiet life, and he keeps bumping into Molly's relatives everywhere.  I wish the end of the scene had been him opposite Alexis rather than yet another boring Sam scene.

I'm tired of Sonny and Cyrus going all around town threatening people and nothing happening. Use it or lose it, guys.  Also I cringed when Sonny welcomed TJ to the family. Blech.

Boo that they went the obvious route with Nelle marrying Julian. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to have CL and WdV playing opposite each other on my screen

Which brings me to the court scene where all of Carly, Michael and Willow were either obvious or dull. Yawn. At least Diane showed something even if it was smirking.

LOVED Ava's earrings and shirt combination.

20 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I still have a hard time believing Julian went along with the blackmail.  It would literally have been his word against Nelle's about the car accident.

Brook Lynn would support Nelle, for whatever that's worth.

• Love 1

Oh, JULIAN. Listen, though, him marrying Nelle is arguably one of the least contentious moves he's made in service of covering his own ass, especially since Nelle did thoroughly put the screws to him (as thoroughly as one can in GH's la-la land of justice, anyway). Plus I'd like to think he was partly motivated on Wiley's behalf, since he's always cared about his well-being. I also prefer the dynamic between Julian and Nelle over the dynamic he has with Brook Lynn, so this union has that going for it, too. And there's no denying that it is DELICIOUS seeing Carly and Sonny clutch their pearls that a marriage was leveraged as judicial capital, how outrageous. As if Julian cares that their opinion of him has been docked another negative 5 million points due to this marriage, please. Adjust your scorecard accordingly and move it along, Sonny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Julian wondering what his life is was probably the best line of the day. 

Sam decides to apologize to Brando after Alexis rattles off how he's done nothing wrong, that he seems nice and is cute. I'm pretty certain we're headed for an affair between he and Sam.

Meanwhile, at the court room, Carly is making all sorts of indignant hypocrite faces about Nelle's marriage, forgetting that her dumb-dumb son married for the same reasons that Nelle did. 

The smug rolling off the Corinthos clan is so unbearable. Sonny crashing Molly/TJ's time with Curtis and Jordan to "welcome" him into the family was beyond stupid. Him butting into Ava's business over Cyrus with accusations . . . Sonny is as lame as they come. But way to stick him in everyone's business.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny is as lame as they come. But way to stick him in everyone's business.

1) I had to laugh at his face when he saw Ava talking to Cyrus. It has to be the picture in the dictionary next to "Duh."

2) MB's resting face is making him look like a little old man.

3)Diane's level of snark at Julian's marriage was a little over the top considering who her clients are.

4) Will Sam ever stop sighing whenever she speaks?

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, rur said:

Diane's level of snark at Julian's marriage was a little over the top considering who her clients are.

I will laugh my ASS off, if Judge Lowe (I think that's his name), gives custody to Nelle and Julian--considering it was DIANE telling the SLS he couldn't marry Robot-Bobble Head because she wasn't puuuuuure and angelic, with no skeletons in her past, Like Willow.

It won't happen, but I so wish it would if only to see the look on Diane's face. All this was her idea in the first place. Because y'all know, we're living in the 1950s in Port Charles. Lucas and Brad being able to adopt was just an aberration.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7

I like Marty's strategy of tying Michael to the mob boss. Finally someone saying that Sonny isn't pure and noble. Sonny saying that his business is as pure as Ava's art gallery was revolting.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I love that Alexis found Brando a hottie while idiot Sam is all, "i don't see it".

Sam thinks that Jason is a hottie. 'Nuff said.

46 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Would she?  She's anti-Nell by virtue of being pro-Michael. 

My bad. I'd forgotten that truth and honour means nothing to these people.

• Love 7

Nelle was cracking me up today, hanging on Julian’s arm, playfully swatting him with the bouquet, etc.  CL at least brings a bit of fun to this dumbass storyline. 

• Love 16

Like someone mentioned before, I too thought Julian marrying Nelle would give Brook incentive to tell "Uncle Sonny" what she suspects. And if Julian denied everything and told Nelle no, then Brook would back him up if Nelle threatened them ya know. Of course he probably didn't think of that. So who knows where Brook will stand. Maybe she'll keep quiet so she can still use Julian for favors. Maybe Nelle will use the same tactic that J used on her and tell her how it will hurt Lucas if he finds out the truth, and if Sonny ends up killing him. 

What’s up with Nell holding on to the best friend long-lost daughter pendant?  I thought it had no significance to her, or are the writers making this up as they go along?

57 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

What’s up with Nell holding on to the best friend long-lost daughter pendant?  I thought it had no significance to her, or are the writers making this up as they go along?

I had the same thought, that the necklace seemed insignificant to her. But I'm assuming that Nina will see her with it at the courthouse.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Nelle was cracking me up today, hanging on Julian’s arm, playfully swatting him with the bouquet, etc.  CL at least brings a bit of fun to this dumbass storyline. 

She really does! She is the only one giving this lame story any life! I loved her putting her head on Julian's shoulder. Chloe is fun, and she's having fun w/this crappy story. I love it! 

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, rur said:

4) Will Sam ever stop sighing whenever she speaks?

And now her sighs have no grunting bookend with Billy Miller  gone. I agree with the poster that it looks like they're hinting at or chem testing a Sam/Brando romance. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Jason and Sam are so awful just put them together and let the leather twins have all their stupid storylines together and keep them away from other characters with a modicum of potential. 

6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I was loving it. At least Julian was making some gestures to sell the ruse. Willow looked like she was constantly suppressing her lunch from coming up. Not that I blame her. 

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I like Marty's strategy of tying Michael to the mob boss. Finally someone saying that Sonny isn't pure and noble. Sonny saying that his business is as pure as Ava's art gallery was revolting.

I maybe fist pumped the air a couple of times when Ava called Sonny out. I doubt the Corinthii will ever actually lose a battle but the more frequent call outs of them by several characters is a very welcome change. Marty's strategy is an obvious one to take and totally true and again I'm shocked they're even going there. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 7

I was loving it. At least Julian was making some gestures to sell the ruse. Willow looked like she was constantly suppressing her lunch from coming up. Not that I blame her. 

The last thing anyone wants on this show is another baby for the Corinthos collection - the latest model is barely six months old - but Willow being pregnant with Chase's baby would be soapy. Chase could decide to stop being "noble" for the sake of Wiley and fight for Willow and their child and Carly could screech all she wanted about saving Wiley and wanting another baby to add to her hoard. Michael could stand there. 

That said I hope Willow is just developing an ulcer instead. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Sonny cares so much about his grandson that he couldn't be bothered to be at the hearing, rather he was loitering around the Metro Court?  I loved that Ava was having none of his shit today.  The whole "I'm a legitimate businessman" was so 'bitch, please' I wish Ava would've just busted out laughing.

The Corinthii are far too confident that Nelle is going to lose that I don't see how the show can let that happen.  I know, I know (I KNOW): that awful baby-hoarding family always wins, but I don't think it's going to be cut and dry this time.  I think they're going to get joint custody.

Sam...just shut up.  Brando isn't stalking your family and he's allowed to speak to whoever he wants.  Also, great gym they go to where Sam is thrilled that she "found a jump rope."  Also, holy fillers, KeMo! 

• Love 9

So, did KM have her lips injected, gain weight or is she pregnant? She looked very different today which is odd because I didn’t notice it the other day and that wasn’t that long ago.

Perhaps the time off due to the coronavirus will give the writers and FV to straighten out this mess of a show.  They have some good actors (less MB) and, with some better writing and direction the show could be really. Um, who am I kidding?! This show will continue to suck as long as MB and the mob are in town. Also, I’m hoping Josh Swickard will grow his scruff and/or beard back. He looks like he is 12 without it. I’m sure for other roles it’s a great advantage but for GH it’s not. See everybody in September when new episodes start airing. LOL!!!!! 

• Love 2

The Poo-Flinging Monkeys must have noticed Awesome Writer have a scene with Sonny and Ava having a conversation like adults coparenting. They got someone to plop Cyrus next to Ava (without her knowledge, thanks to Lucy) so that Sonny can see them together and he can say how awful she is. Um, WHY is Lucy doing business with Cyrus, Sonny? And she gets a commission from the sale, money from Cyrus. Why not dump on Lucy, Sonny? Do you care? 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

but Willow being pregnant with Chase's baby would be soapy.

It totally would.  But they had a pregnancy scare about 6 months ago, and while Chase would have been happy with a baby with Willow, he was also pretty clear when it turned into a false alarm, that he wanted to wait before having kids.  So I'm thinking there would have been some doubling up on birth control after that!!  

• Love 1
(edited)

Chase's swimmers may not be the Olympians Sonny's sperm are, but this is soap opera land where birth control is only as effective as story dictates. The stress of this Wiley situation and Carly may have made Willow careless with her pills and maybe Chase bought a box of defective condoms.  That said, I am firmly on Team Ulcer. No more babies on this show until they find a use for the newest one. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

One thing I always appreciate about William Devry is his choice to play Julian as constantly exasperated and annoyed by Sonny rather than intimidated. 

That’s true. He does a good job portraying that. I’m not sure if it’s written or directed that way but he does the more annoyed look then anything. Back in the day (pre DeVry) Julian was a murderer as well, right? Why would he fear a short mumbler like Sonny?! That said, he might get a little more scared if Sonny finds out that he knew Wiley was Michaels along. I’m not sure if the show is ever going to follow up on that or not though. 

• Love 2

While Chase may not have wanted a baby yet, Willow was quite sad when she realized that she wasn't pregnant.  The show made a point of showing that Wiilow and Michael slept in separate rooms and unlike Michael and Sasha there were several montages of Chase and Willow pining for the other. It would be a good soapy twist to have Willow pregnant with Chase's child now that she's in a marriage with Michael.

• Love 7
(edited)
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It would be a good soapy twist to have Willow pregnant with Chase's child now that she's in a marriage with Michael.

While I’m not liking Michael and Willow as front burner, this would be great. A non-traditional WTD, for sure.

I failed to comment on a memorable line from a couple of weeks back.

Sonny: “remember when we got married so you wouldn’t have to testify against me?”

Carly: “Which time?”

This was during the Davis scenes so the writers must’ve been at happy hour when they scripted those episodes.

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Love 3

Ugh, Nik: Spencer is not a good boy. He's an entitled little turd that you've done very little to counter. You reap what you sow. 

LOL at Sonny demanding that Julian annul his marriage to Nelle. And another LOL that Jason had to be there to try to glare Julian into submission. Yeah, you're scary, Sonny. Thank Jasus WdV does play Julian as being exasperated by Sonny.

Diane is one to sneer at Nelle's choice of husband. Diane is shacking up with one of Sonny's goons! 

• Love 8

"Is it just me or is the hypocrisy around here staggering?"  No Marty, it's not just you.  And that includes Nina talking about Julian's mob ties when pushing Wylie toward Michael and the Corinthos family.  I know the Martin Grey character is very cheesy but I'm loving his truth-telling. "Mrs. Corinthos, didn't you remind us this morning of who your husband is?"

Am I supposed to be impressed with Sonny and Jason muscling Julian?  The word "entitled" gets thrown around a lot but everyone associated with Sonny oozes it along with the hypocrisy.

• Love 10

Someone hold my hand and explain to me why Michael is such a catch.

His CEO position at ELQ was handed to him even though he has no education. But he's such a smarty, so it's all good.

He's never fought a single battle in his life. Carly fights his battles for him. Sasha fought a couple of battles for him. Willow did that today, plus she married this catch. 

AJ should have kept in his pants. How much better would the show be without Michael hanging back, watching the women in his life fight every single battle for him. 

Sonny trying to threaten Julian, while Julian is looking down at him is actually funny. Way to bring your thug with Sonny. 

• Love 4

Of course Sonny has to yell Mike awake. Ugh, Sonny is the worst.

And maybe Mike doesn't want to listen to music! Stop forcing your ish onto him.

25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly fights his battles for him.

Even if this were Michael's only downside, it would be the instant dealbreaker for me. I don't want to be with a man who needs Mommy to make things right.

Ugh, the dick measuring between Nik and Franco was so gross and unnecessary.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It is ridiculous to me that Sonny needs to be explained what to do here.  It's obvious that Mike is half comatose and can barely speak much less make a decision about his care and his death.  Sonny has already been told that death is imminent once Mike stopped eating.  Liz and the doctor have both told him that a feeding tube would only prolong the inevitable and make Mike miserable.  When my father stopped eating the doctor called us to tell us to come say our goodbyes because once that happens, it's only a matter of days before the body shuts down.  Why do they still have Sonny behaving this way.  It just makes the character look even worst than he already does.  

I was also annoyed with Nik's "Do you remember Spencer".  No Nik, he doesn't remember anything.  Do these writers not understand how Alzheimers works.  

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And maybe Mike doesn't want to listen to music! Stop forcing your ish onto him.

Sonny is a selfish douche. How shocking!

I can't watch those scenes with Mike anymore. They are difficult to watch and I don't WTF they keep dragging them like that.

Let's explain to Sonny for the thousandth time that his father is dying, that he is barely alive as it is. Let's explain to Sonny that he shouldn't be impatient with his father. 

I can tell that MB seems somewhat affected by the story, but good effin' grief, the acting is not translating on screen. MB is so used to playing a thug who throws his weight around and scaring people into doing what he wants them to do that it doesn't seem to compute that he shouldn't be beg-yelling at Mike for not remembering or not wanting to eat. 

Mike is not deaf, Sonny. He has Alzheimer's and it's slowly killing him.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Someone hold my hand and explain to me why Michael is such a catch.

He's rich, well-connected on the Quartermaine side, and decent looking. He'll always give in to you in the end and you'll have your way.

The downside is that he comes with Carly. It reminds me of the joke about the curse of the Plopkovitz ruby. "What's the curse?" "It comes with Mr. Plopkivitz."

5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No Nik, he doesn't remember anything.  Do these writers not understand how Alzheimers works.  

I think what's worse is that they seem to be tone deaf as to how the viewers who are actually dealing with this in their real lives are going to react. We're supposed to feel for Sonny, loving his father so much that he is unable to let him go peacefully but he just looks weak.  The real world situation of people whose loved ones are dying in ICUs of the corona virus without anyone there to say goodbye makes it worse although the writers couldn't have anticipated that. I suspect that many people would love Sonny's opportunity to say goodbye but can't have it because of the rules.

• Love 3

I think MB is the bigger problem here than the writing, though it's not great. Sonny could have said all of those lines without shouting or sounding angry at Mike, and it would have been so much more effective. But instead he makes it all about Sonny.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

The whole Corinthos clan were ridiculous hypocrites today but I expected nothing less. Neither side is rootable and Wiley should end up in foster care if both sides really bring up the other’s issues. Carly and Sonny in threatening mode is gross and I’ll laugh if one or both of them is the reason Michael loses because I have a feeling that that’s what’s going to happen now. Although Julian is also dumb for bringing up Danny for protection for the millionth time. Sam has been pretty clear that she doesn’t care about him and doesn’t want him around her kids so why would Jason care? I don’t even completely buy that Jason would intervene on behalf of Danny’s other grandparent, Alexis, even though she has a relationship with Sam and Danny. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The whole Corinthos clan were ridiculous hypocrites today but I expected nothing less. Neither side is rootable and Wiley should end up in foster care if both sides really bring up the other’s issues. Carly and Sonny in threatening mode is gross and I’ll laugh if one or both of them is the reason Michael loses because I have a feeling that that’s what’s going to happen now. 

Somehow, someway, Wiley should go back to Lucas. I'm sure this show could make up a reason.

• Love 6

Saw a speculation on FB today that Julian may have agreed to Nelle's demand because he sees it as a way to protect Wiley.  He said he was doing what is "best for Wiley," meaning he expects the marriage to go against Nelle in court because of his reputation as a mob boss.    I like it. 

However, if she doesn't win custody, I wouldn't put it past Nelle to squeal all about Julian being responsible for the car crash. 

7 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Chase's swimmers may not be the Olympians Sonny's sperm are, but this is soap opera land where birth control is only as effective as story dictates. The stress of this Wiley situation and Carly may have made Willow careless with her pills and maybe Chase bought a box of defective condoms.  That said, I am firmly on Team Ulcer. No more babies on this show until they find a use for the newest one. 

Didn’t Edward’s faulty condoms cause a pregnancy?  Maybe Elizabeth’s?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So they're draaaging out the custody hearing, then? No decision yet? I just want to be put out of my misery.

It didn't even really start yet. 

Man, hard to pick a Corinthii who was the most obnoxious/smug today, but I think when conflicted, the tie-breaker must go to Sonny.  MB just hits ALL the wrong notes in his scenes with Mike.  I could understand sometimes feeling anger at the situation, but he continually plays it as angry AT Mike.  The only positive in these nursing home scenes are the ones with Elizabeth, as RH is really shining in them, hitting all the right notes of compassion. 

And the GMAFB Award of the day goes to Diane, for actually having the gall to question another lawyer's ethics.  Stand down, Mob Lawyer.

• Love 12

I love Julian, but what was with him trying to get Jason to back down by reminding him that he (Julian) is Danny's grandfather? Jason's response of "so?" said it all. Jain doesn't care about Danny. He is loyal to Sonny. Then Michael. Then Carly. Then maaaaybe Sam but Robin and Liz are both up there. His kids fall somewhere around Ned on Jason's priority list.

• Love 4

Forget about the Shebeast; how did Diane's head not explode at her sheer hypocrisy, when she sneered in Tad Sanders' face that Julian was an "alleged mob" boss who tried to kill Alexis? She, the Mooby's one and only lawyer who defends his mooby ass and that of his one and only enforcer/hitman? Not to mention, boinking one of his "bodyguards" or did Max quit?

Oh Judge Lowe, you disappoint me. Lecturing about confirming the veracity of Nelle and Julian's marriage certificate, and not doing or saying the same for the SLS and Weeping Willow's. Speaking of which, looks like the smug is back on Willow's face. She really does need better directing there. Because I don't think that was the intent.

So it's Diane's plaaaaan to sell the SLS and Willow as two people who fell in love with each other and decided to get married? When as of last week (because it's only been a week in Show Time, and not the month that this has dragged in Real Time), Willow was in a relationship with Chase and Robot Bobble Head with the SLS. And it was PUBLIC fodder who he was just with. 

Under a different show runner and real writers, all the hypocrisy would be called out. Why do I bother getting outraged?

At this point, I want the SheBeast to lose it and start screaming and lose this for Eeyore.

And I also want a horsie.

I see the smug is back with Nelle, too. All hints of vulnerability/pain, gone! And her rushing in holding up her ring finger, ridonkulous. But typical.

I don't know that Nina will be the witness Nelle thinks she will be.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Nina's real purpose in the courtroom will be to find Nelle clutching the broken heart pendant.

I’m guessing it’s either that or she turns on Nelle to create some tension for once they realize they are mother and daughter. I still don’t get what she is supposed to say for Nelle. 

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I’m guessing it’s either that or she turns on Nelle to create some tension for once they realize they are mother and daughter. I still don’t get what she is supposed to say for Nelle. 

Today made it clear (to me, at least, I could be wrong) that she plans on outing Nelle basically blackmailing Julian to marry her. However, one of two things may happen:

1) She sees the heart pendant before she testifies and realizes (gasp!) that Nelle is her daughter and so can't go through with betraying her.

2) She does go through with it *and* then sees the heart pendant and that causes issues.

I'm more inclined to (1) because Nina and Nelle really don't need issues. There's already so much drama inherent simply in the fact that, you know, it's NELLE!

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not watching right now, but this all sounds like a mess.  The show really has no idea what to do with Julian, huh.  First they made it look like he was getting paired with Brook, then they parachuted in Britt for him, and now he's in a MOC with Nelle?  The show's third MOC at the moment after Nik/Ava and Michael/Willow?  It's all so dumb.

And, of course, sounds like Lucas is nowhere to be found. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The show really has no idea what to do with Julian, huh.  First they made it look like he was getting paired with Brook, then they parachuted in Britt for him, and now he's in a MOC with Nelle? 

He was just entangled in the biggest story going on right now. That sure sounds like they know what to do with him, and the Brook Lyn thing in hindsight actually now looks like another important step in a long game that led to this very plot twist with him marrying Nelle. Him getting "paired with Brook" was only ever supposition by fans. It was never hinted at on the show, nor spoiled or speculated at in spoilers.

Britt, that might have been to show how hot and viable for the younger ladies WdV still is.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 1