Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I know the ethics of surrogacy can get complicated, but I'm pretty sure no reputable doctor is supposed to inseminate a surrogate who a) has never had a full-term successful pregnancy, and b) is not finished having their own biological children.

Maxie who volunteered for Lulu/Dante and never once did anyone mention that she was a recipent of heart when she a child and that might complicate any pregnancy that she had. But what do I know, Maxie ended up having three babies no problem which included 2 of them being born out in the side of road/wilderness.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Spencer throwing attitude to Esme being late when she was at work and he has nothing to do spoiled rich kid doesn't make him look better than her.

I loved that the Q nanny now has Ace to look after as well as Leo, Scout, Danny, Charlotte, Amelia and Wylie.  It's  a whole daycare going on there.  

• LOL 9

Sad news about the death of Andrea Evans from OLTL got me thinking.  How about Alexis hire Cord Roberts who was a photographer for The Banner!  He could be a love interest for Alexis or Kristina . . . Does he still act?

• Useful 2
14 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Sad news about the death of Andrea Evans from OLTL got me thinking.  How about Alexis hire Cord Roberts who was a photographer for The Banner!  He could be a love interest for Alexis or Kristina . . . Does he still act?

According to his imdb page he hasn't done anything since 2015

Also he's 62 yrs old, so a little too old for Kristina

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ciarra said:
14 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Curtis is going to survive and I'm going to be very disappointed, aren't I?

Well, they said "spine" twice, so I suspect he's going to have some sort of paralysis.

Which will last for a couple of hours, most likely. I am not looking forward to his healing journey regardless, that's for sure. 

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Any chance Curtis could need Trina’s blood and they find out the DNA test was incorrect?

Considering how many of us were on the #keepTrinaTaggerts train and how soapy it would be, chances are pretty slim. 🙂 

Still, it could give Portia another tedious secret to keep so who knows?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I really thought you were going to say that reminded you of how people reacted to pre-teen Spencer. “Aw, look how cute he is with his precocious little attitude! He’s not a brat at all!” Hmm, now I’m wondering what Louis’s opinion is vis a vis townies.

That's a good point, How much of Spencer's current behaviour can be attributed to the terrible parenting of his early years?

I haven't forgotten how he rigged Laura's election and Sonny was all 'no probs'.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I loved that the Q nanny now has Ace to look after as well as Leo, Scout, Danny, Charlotte, Amelia and Wylie.  It's  a whole daycare going on there.  

And Rocco since Dante and Sam are out.

Is there a separate nanny for Wylie and Amelia? Because with two infants, a pre-schooler and 6 older children to one adult, I suspect that they are breaking Canadian day care limits.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I haven't forgotten how he rigged Laura's election and Sonny was all 'no probs'.

I am still salty the FBI never charge that little turd with election tampering. It also might have been a wakeup call for Nik to start setting boundaries, but Nik has always been weak.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Stella: "Curtis is the life of the party."  Huh????

Marshall doesn't need to see his original diagnosis papers even though his current shrink does, he knows that it's racism.

Shut up Carly Jr., it's not your business to tell Esme off and tell her that she needs to turn herself in to prove herself to you.

Joss was such a bitch today, it takes my breath away. Of course Dex thinks she's marvellous.

It's a violation of HIPAA for Bobbie to tell Joss that Spencer is in the parenting class.

Oh great, now Dex is giving a medical opinion based on his battlefield experience.

Shooting Curtis to get Trina all weepy and him back with Portia is a cheap writing trick.

Nina: I have to stay, it's my hotel and I need stay to show everyone here that it's okay.  (something I would not expect Carly to be aware of. Of course, then Nina leaves to go to the hospital)

The writing for Finn/Liz is awful. Conversations no experienced doctor and nurse would have. And since Violet was at dinner with Finn and went home for a sleepover with her grandfather, there should be no babysitter for her. Continuity, people.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Kudos to the PCPD, who strung up police line do not cross everywhere, then let people hang around where the shots were fired, duck under tape, etc.  Brook Lynn shouldn't have been allowed on scene, Sonny and Anna should have been moved.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The writing for Finn/Liz is awful. Conversations no experienced doctor and nurse would have.

More mansplaining from Finn to Elizabeth. She's been in more shootings and deadly situations than he ever has. Why aren't they having her remember this? Gah.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

It's a violation of HIPAA for Bobbie to tell Joss that Spencer is in the parenting class.

Is it? It's not personal health information. I don't think HIPAA covers everything just because it happens in a hospital.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is it? It's not personal health information. I don't think HIPAA covers everything just because it happens in a hospital.

And even if it is, the Carlys don't have to adhere to laws, morals, basic common sense, couth, etc etc etc, so...

• Like 9
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She's been in more shootings and deadly situations than he ever has. Why aren't they having her remember this? Gah.

Liz has been in more shootings and deadly situations at the Metro Court than Finn has ever been anywhere else combined.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

My experience is with PHIPA (the Ontario version) but since it is a hospital administered program (Bobbie has access to the class list which she wouldn't if it was run by an outside agency), the information that Spencer is taking a parenting class should be under personal mental health information just as if he signed up for a grief group or anxiety group.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

It's sad when you're rooting for the death of characters. Willow and cancer, Curtis and his bullet. But it seems like they're dropping all the anvils they have that Curtis might end up wheelchair-bound for a bit before he has some miraculous recovery and can feel his legs again.

Also, he doesn't deserve a wife or a daughter. He deserves a chair on the head.

The less said about Joss the better.

Esme seemed to be up to her old tricks with Trina about how she and Spencer were together, heard the news together, were devastated by the news. Laying on thick much?

I knew I should have stuck with Sunny in Philadelphia.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
(edited)

RE, Finn and violent situations. He was in doctors without borders, and in war torn countries, I believe, so it may not have happened on the show but he does have more experience with such situations overall. These writers generally just don't lean in to his actual pre-GH past.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 1

Joss was certainly a Carly today, not that that's news. And she's one to talk about being abrasive—we know that's pure Carly (her mom).

Stella can't believe Curtis got shot at the MetroCourt? Does no one understand they're living in Port Charles? Heh. And seriously, Curtis getting shot is making Anna think about her career choice? At least they had her say she's not sure she'd do anything differently if she could go back. 

This handwringing is as ridiculous as when Carly had her supposed "oh noes, guns and the connected violence are bad!" realization. Way too little, way too late, Show.

I get that everyone's worried about how Curtis's surgery is going, but when will people learn that someone will tell them what's going on when there's something to tell? How is it comforting if someone comes out and says there's nothing to say yet?

ETA: I'm glad Portia put Spencer in his place when he gassed on about using Cassadine influence. No one is deliberately withholding information, and anyway, Spencer isn't family. They shouldn't tell him anything regardless.

It's just as gross when Tracy throws around the Q name, so I'm not picking only on Spencer. I sometimes wish someone would call their bluff on that: "No, I won't break HIPAA, so I guess you can put your money somewhere else."

• Like 3

Stupidest conversation of the day:

Liz:  Do you like lasagna?

Me:  What?  They've been "together" for a year, in and out of each others lives with the kids and that question has never come up before now?

Finn: Uh.....uhm.....sure, I like lasagna

Liz:  Then I'll surprise you.  

what?  It's not a surprise if you just told him you're cooking him lasagna.  

Unless 'lasagna' is code for something else.  Good lord the writing for these two is beyond dumb.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 7/10/2023 at 2:05 PM, statsgirl said:

Molly is upset that Kristina can carry and child and she can't. Why can't Kristina donate an egg and Molly carry it? Endometriosis doesn't mean that you can't carry a baby even if your eggs aren't viable.

Sometimes it does.  My cousin was diagnosed recently and although her eggs are still viable she will most likely have to use a surrogate because of all the scarring in her uterus.  Also, donating an egg is kind of a big deal.  That means that biologically the baby would be Kristina’s and that could be a difficult thing to wrap your head around mentally and emotionally.  I almost had to go the donor route myself and I think I would rather have an entirely anonymous donor instead of a family member where things could get messy.  Carrying the child is another story as there’s no biological tie, but obviously still a huge ask, to say nothing of the attachments that are/are not easily formed.  It’s just hard.

On 7/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, ciarra said:

Things are certainly different outside the Primetimer universe.

That’s why I don’t venture out of here much.  It’s scary out there!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Any chance Curtis could need Trina’s blood and they find out the DNA test was incorrect?

It's way too soon.  They just found out and the writers love to drag things out way beyond the necessary length.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Nina: I have to stay, it's my hotel and I need stay to show everyone here that it's okay.  (something I would not expect Carly to be aware of. Of course, then Nina leaves to go to the hospital)

That wasn't a pro Nina moment though.  The Facebook GHers who are rabid Nina haters have gone on and on and on about Nina leaving the scene when Ned fell into the pool.  So it's just another reason for them to bitch about it.  

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How is it comforting if someone comes out and says there's nothing to say yet?

Personally, I would want someone to come out and update me periodically even if it was to say that things haven't changed since the last time I was updated.  

32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm glad Portia put Spencer in his place when he gassed on about using Cassadine influence.

Brook Kerr's tone in the moment was beautifully done.  She needs to stay on that tone more than the tearful one, handwringing one.  

• Like 1

Just started watching todays show. How exactly can Portia have Curtis’ family’s blessings to ‘do whatever is necessary regardless of the risk’ when his family has no idea he was shot? And does she have his health care proxy to be making those decisions? Does he have a living will? A DNR? I know, silly of me to ask such basic questions…

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How is it comforting if someone comes out and says there's nothing to say yet?

Personally, I would want someone to come out and update me periodically even if it was to say that things haven't changed since the last time I was updated.  

But if there's nothing to say, there's no update. And, say Curtis codes on the operating table. Do you want to know that? Wouldn't rather hear at the end he coded and they were able to revive him and now he's in recovery?

I guess this is a mileage-varies situation. I want concrete information, not "surgery is proceeding but there's nothing more to say at the moment."

Just now, Sake614 said:

How exactly can Portia have Curtis’ family’s blessings to ‘do whatever is necessary regardless of the risk’ when his family has no idea he was shot? And does she have his health care proxy to be making those decisions? Does he have a living will? A DNR?

I thought after she talked to Trina, Curtis's daughter (did you know that? It's been kept pretty quiet since the DNA test was revealed), she acted as family spokesperson. And aren't she and Curtis still married? So as his wife, she can make those decisions whether the family agrees or not.

More terrible writing.

• Like 3
Just now, Sake614 said:

How exactly can Portia have Curtis’ family’s blessings to ‘do whatever is necessary regardless of the risk’ when his family has no idea he was shot?

It was a stupid line. She's legally his wife so unless he gave his medical proxy to someone else, she has the right to make the decisions.

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

That wasn't a pro Nina moment though.  The Facebook GHers who are rabid Nina haters have gone on and on and on about Nina leaving the scene when Ned fell into the pool.  So it's just another reason for them to bitch about it. \

The difference though is that this was an active shooting where innocent bystanders and the not-so-innocent like Curtis could get hurt or killed. Ned tripped and fell into the too-shallow pool, not affecting anyone else and there was nothing owner of the hotel (who doesn't know emergency medical care)  could do about in the moment.

Nina haters are gonna hate.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Marshall doesn't need to see his original diagnosis papers even though his current shrink does, he knows that it's racism.

Shut up Carly Jr., it's not your business to tell Esme off and tell her that she needs to turn herself in to prove herself to you.

Joss was such a bitch today, it takes my breath away. Of course Dex thinks she's marvellous.

Marshall - Hmmm. Maybe it's racism, or maybe it is because they know much more about schizophrenia diagnoses than they did 20+ years ago. Actually, that's true of a lot of medical conditions. As a personal example, many years ago I was diagnosed with asthma, but it's been managed well in recent years. My new pulmonologist needed to reaffirm that diagnosis because he said that in the past the diagnosis tended to be broadly defined. No surprise, after all the newer tests were done, I still have asthma. :-) But good to know that my original doctors weren't just grasping at convenient diagnoses.

Joss - What the hell? Where does Joss get off lecturing Esme as if she's the SpencerAndTrina police? Talk about abrasive and condescending. Too bad this isn't the "old Esme" or I'm sure there were have been more altercation fireworks. It is so dismaying that Joss is one of those people who feel that they are entitled to tell you what to do. 

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But if there's nothing to say, there's no update. And, say Curtis codes on the operating table. Do you want to know that? Wouldn't rather hear at the end he coded and they were able to revive him and now he's in recovery?

My GP always runs at least an hour late for appointments.  ALWAYS.  I know this and yet, I'm always concerned when I've been sitting there waiting for 45 min + that she's forgotten about me and moved on to her next patient.  So I always have to get up at that point and double check with the receptionist, that yes, she does know that I'm there and yes, I'm the next or next next person to be seen.  

So I guess I'm just the type of person who would need to be reassured that they are still operating and haven't put him in the recovery room (or the morgue!) and gone home without telling me!!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ljr said:

I guess Noone called Curtis dad or aunt?

Portia did.  They're all at the hospital. 

I liked what Nina said to them all.  Probably the best scene of the day.

Ugh, Joss truly is her mother's daughter...and that is NOT a compliment.  What a little bitch she was today. 

Dumbest line of the day was Esme's "do you want me to give your little brother a message from you?" to Spencer.  The kid isn't even six months old.  I don't know what the hell the writers are doing here with her and Spencer, but I don't think they know either. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I've wondered who Monica would leave the house to - probably that turd of an eldest grandson Michael - but I'd love it if she left it to a trust run by the nanny so all her grandchildren/great-grandchild will always have a place to call home because they spent so much time there as babies.

Barring that, I hope she leaves it to Jake aka the forgotten Q. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Of course entitled Spencer would bring up his family clout and money to Portia.  Like her being on staff isn't good enough.  Good for her response to him.

Joss saw old Esme where? She's was a raging Carly clone and Esme showed nothing back to show she faking. 

The Nina scene with Curtis family was sweet. 

• Like 4
On 7/8/2023 at 11:43 AM, lala2 said:

@driver18 - Do we know for a fact folks were complaining about Franco? I mean so much so that after eight years, TPTB decided they just had to get rid of the character?!? No character is universally loved. I know some never accepted him but I’m having trouble believing he had Peter-levels of hate with the audience. I never heard or read anything like that. We never, IMO, got the real reason why they suddenly decided to get rid of the character. The only rumor I heard/read was about the character being connected to James Franco, and JF had some “me too” allegations against him at the time so showrunners decided to let the character go. Who knows? I’m just not sure I believe Franco was so widely unpopular that they had no choice but to get rid of the character. He had been on the show for eight-nine years at that point, and Friz was a hugely popular - online at least - pairing. Frina was popular too! 

I know Twitter isn’t an exact science but there was a virtual meltdown when the character was killed. GH trended for the first time because of his death! And the comments were not celebratory. People were upset and angry for the most part. To this day, ppl across various message boards still mention Franco and wish he was still around.

I’m not sure why they randomly killed off Franco, but I don’t believe it’s because he was that unpopular. But that’s just my opinion. I maintain we’ll never know the real reason unless someone speaks up. It’s just been rumors and speculation unless I missed an interview or something! 

But back to Fiz - I’m a sucker for chemistry. If a couple has it, I’m there even if I don’t like the character! It’s how I could like Tarly and Cranco. I hate Carly but LW had off-the-charts chemistry with RoHo! I always hated Jason, but the first iteration of JaSam was awesome in the chemistry department. 

For me, ME and ReHe just don’t have the amazing chemistry I saw with Friz and Fanna. Even before the storyline went sideways, they didn’t do much for me. My sister thought they were cute but she no longer cares about them since their story was dragged out. She also didn’t care for the time when Finn was practically a stalker! Fiz do nothing for me. They are basically FF/mute material. I really liked the energy Roger brought to Franco. That played off well with Rebecca’s more low key energy. Fiz are too similar in personalities for me but my opinion doesn’t matter. I’m happy for you Fiz fans though because it seems the writers are moving forward with your couple. The one couple I care about on this show - Sprina - has likely been stalled so I’m happy one fanbase is getting something they want from this crap show! 

On 7/8/2023 at 3:38 PM, lala2 said:

@driver18 - So, according to that Reddit post - which is complete hearsay by the way - ONE executive’s relative hated the character so the character had to go! Ok! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If that’s true, that’s sad and not a good reason to ditch a character if you ask me but it is what it is. Nothing in that post convinces me that Franco was hugely unpopular though. All the posts on that thread seem outraged about the character being killed. Anyway…. we can agree to disagree. 

Chemistry is subjective. Fiz have none, IMO. But it seems TPTB are proceeding with the pairing anyway so that’s great for you Fiz fans. Enjoy them while they last. 

@tessaray - It was easier for me to accept RoHo as Franco because I found JF as Franco very entertaining. He didn’t repulse me, and I love RoHo. The brain tumor angle was fine for me. I just never had issues with RoHo as Franco! I wish he was still around. He and Friz were a great to me. They haven’t done much with Austin but I’m hoping that changes. Roger and Maura have wonderful chemistry! 

On 7/8/2023 at 5:40 PM, statsgirl said:

I loathed James Franco's character on the show (talk about an ego trip) and it was a big reason why I stopped watching. When I came back Friz was starting and I enjoyed it and the Franco/Scotty and Franco/kids relationships. My daughter started watching the show at that time and still mourns that they killed Framco off. A polarizing character still.

It's so stupid. Brook Lynn stealing corporate data from Deception is way worse than asking Tracy to get Chase back on the force.

I hated Franco, even more so with RoHo than with James, which was amazing because I hated how TIIC scraped the history driven storyline in favor of having him (with JFP failing to inform the first Valentin actor until he was in the makeup chair, but she tends to be really shitty at firing people properly) and gave him the character control they refused to give to long standing cast members. 

Then it got worse, with waving away his multiple murders due to the brain tumor, despite Franco intellectually know it was wrong. Even kids that kill get at least 12 yrs. Then they hammered him into to the canvas by making him first a Q and then Scott and Heather's son, which was really annoying because he was the worst of Scott previously unknown kids. The biggest sin for me was the Liz and Franco relationship. I didn't think their chem was that great for one thing, and the other, his overtures into getting into a relationship with her were not only inappropriate, but criminal in some cases, especially in light of Liz being a SA victim. The worst of it was when they made the return of Liz's r*pist all about Franco, instead of giving ReHe the Emmy worthy storyline she deserved after 20 years on the canvas, especially after the shitty storyline with Liz hiding Drew's identity they saddled her with, which of course was undone, just like all plots on this show. The worst part the storyline was spearhead by two women head writers.  It felt like a slap in the face and I quit the show I had been watching off and on for 25 years.

Why they got brought back that character when there were countless characters less polarizing and more connected to the canvas RoHo would have been, I'll never know. 

On 7/9/2023 at 4:43 PM, Sake614 said:

You’d be surprise just how little fan opinion matters to soap writers. I think it was Shelly or Megan who said they don’t care what fans want. And while it sounds harsh (and I despised whoever said it) it actually makes sense. Can you imaging trying to write to please every fan base? What if that fan base decides they want their faves to go in a different direction? It isn’t as easy as people think to just pivot stories. Can it be done? Sure. Should it be done if something clearly isn’t resonating? Absolutely. But scripts are written and shows taped well in advance of airing. There simply isn’t any budget to redo an entire story because some fans are upset with it.

While it makes sense not to cater to fans, and I agree to that sentiment to a certain extent, it seems they make choices that they know will piss of fans and disrespects established characters in favor of their pets: see not keeping Trina as Taggert's daughter. I know it is a lot harder to gage the audience now that everything is online and they probably aren't getting the fan mail, but the storylines seem so thoughtless. The proof is the shows tendency, since FV took over as EP, to undo character developments, like Lulu's inability to carry a child or Franco's paternity. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

It's way too soon.  They just found out and the writers love to drag things out way beyond the necessary length.  

But that’s why this storyline could definitely lead to a “sorry! wrong DNA” conclusion. Curtis gets paralyzed, goes through a long, drawn out rehab, finds a miracle cure that requires bone marrow (it’s GH, doesn’t have to make sense), Trina jumps in to help, and Whoops! No match. Considering this show’s pacing, that could easily take 6 months or more. With a 2-day wrap up of the paternity reveal, because the dramatic part always gets rushed.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Stella: "Curtis is the life of the party."  Huh????

Oh great, now Dex is giving a medical opinion based on his battlefield experience.

Shooting Curtis to get Trina all weepy and him back with Portia is a cheap writing trick.

The writing for Finn/Liz is awful. Conversations no experienced doctor and nurse would have. And since Violet was at dinner with Finn and went home for a sleepover with her grandfather, there should be no babysitter for her. Continuity, people.

Joss really needs a beating from another woman.  Maybe they can bring grown up Emma Scorpio back and make her SheBeast Jr’s foil.  Surely Robert amd Na taught Emma Krav Maga or something.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Stupidest conversation of the day:

Liz:  Do you like lasagna?

Me:  What?  They've been "together" for a year, in and out of each others lives with the kids and that question has never come up before now?

Finn: Uh.....uhm.....sure, I like lasagna

Liz:  Then I'll surprise you.  

what?  It's not a surprise if you just told him you're cooking him lasagna.  

Unless 'lasagna' is code for something else.  Good lord the writing for these two is beyond dumb.  

More brilliance from Show’s writers.

10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's sad when you're rooting for the death of characters. Willow and cancer, Curtis and his bullet. But it seems like they're dropping all the anvils they have that Curtis might end up wheelchair-bound for a bit before he has some miraculous recovery and can feel his legs again.

Also, he doesn't deserve a wife or a daughter. He deserves a chair on the head.

The less said about Joss the better.

Esme seemed to be up to her old tricks with Trina about how she and Spencer were together, heard the news together, were devastated by the news. Laying on thick much?

I knew I should have stuck with Sunny in Philadelphia.

I want an Acme brand anvil dropped on Joss’ head.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Yeah, for me Joss has become such a repulsive character that she has truly become a Carly clone.  She has moved from characters I am meh about to the very very few that I loathe and  cannot stand to look at or hear.  She has actually gotten so bad that it's affected how I view the actress, and before her only Carly hit that low.   And Joss had every single right in the world to confront Esme.  What Esme did to her is unforgivable.  And we all know it.  Not a one of us with forgive that shit.   So this is in no way a defense of Esme, who is fast becoming a useless character for me.

But that Joss man.  Oh boy. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I don't have a problem with Joss having a problem that Esme is going around free after the whole revenge porn thing.

What I have a problem with is that they decided that Joss should also be fighting Trina's battles when it comes to Esme??? Make it make sense.

Trina is written as someone who refuses to rock the boat. That scene with Esme yesterday was all kinds of bad.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But that’s why this storyline could definitely lead to a “sorry! wrong DNA” conclusion. Curtis gets paralyzed, goes through a long, drawn out rehab, finds a miracle cure that requires bone marrow (it’s GH, doesn’t have to make sense), Trina jumps in to help, and Whoops! No match.

But they did that with the SPO and Nina--and Nina, being her biological mother, wasn't a match. I think someone or several someones up thread mentioned how it's more often than not, that non-family members are a bone marrow match?

Not that I give any figgedity blue-dilly fucks about Curtis, or anyone left on it, save Laura.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Trina is written as someone who refuses to rock the boat.

I've noticed this with the latest recast of Trina. Sydney's Trina wasn't afraid to get in Cyrus' face, for goodness sakes! Or rip into other adults. She had passion, wasn't afraid to rock the boat. This one? From what I've seen? so much the opposite.

Just as Sydney's Trina would have ripped into Mini-Shebeast. Not only because Cameron was her friend, but she had feelings for him at one time. Plus she was a good friend to Cameron. This Trina? Again, not so much.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Just started watching todays show. How exactly can Portia have Curtis’ family’s blessings to ‘do whatever is necessary regardless of the risk’ when his family has no idea he was shot? And does she have his health care proxy to be making those decisions? Does he have a living will? A DNR? I know, silly of me to ask such basic questions…

all good questions, and I don't see how she'd have anyone's blessing (though I haven't watched yet).  But, as his wife, she probably does have the legal right to make choices on his behalf if there is no HCP, etc.  They just should have said that....  (never mind - I kept reading and see at least three people had the same thought - GMTA...)

12 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I've wondered who Monica would leave the house to

This is an excellent question....

They'd have to update the famous line....

Edited by MarciNJ
12 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

he was the worst of Scott previously unknown kids.

and, how many unknown kids does Scott have to lose, poor guy?   Karen, Logan, Franco....Serena and..... the other one (Christina?  Why 2 characters with that name) are smart to stay away from PC.

• Like 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

This is an excellent question....

They'd have to update the famous line....

As long as it isn't Olivia, I'd enjoy hearing, "It's my house . . . Monica gave it to me!"

Edited by rur
  • Like 5

I think the crux of the issue is they want to showcase Joss as a lead when she doesn’t have all the much going on in the way of story so she gets a lot of big moments and scenes reacting to things that should have gone to other characters, i.e. Sonny’s kids or Trina. She’s really only had 1 storyline since Oscar died- being the subject of the sex tape and that kind of got overshadowed by Esme framing Trina for the crime.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Well I wish Joss's next big storyline could be Kristina trying to kick her ass over Sonny, or stealing her man.  I would like to see something really soapy with Kristina and Joss.  Instead I get this surrogate storyline and constant dumpster sex. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
28 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Well I wish Joss's next big storyline could be Kristina trying to kick her ass over Sonny, or stealing her man.  I would like to see something really soapy with Kristina and Joss.  Instead I get this surrogate storyline and constant dumpster sex. 

I don’t see it happening because Joss is even more bubble wrapped than Carly. She never gets called out for anything and has only been the center of love triangles. Trina had to immediately bow out and say she didn’t want Cameron and no other girl has went after one of her other guys.

If they put her in a love triangle, she’d be another Michael who never loses and the guy will make it completely clear that Joss blows the competition out of the water. See how they handled that lame Willow/Michael/Chase triangle where Willow couldn’t even feign a slight interest in Chase, never mind be genuinely torn between them. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t see it happening because Joss is even more bubble wrapped than Carly. She never gets called out for anything and has only been the center of love triangles. Trina had to immediately bow out and say she didn’t want Cameron and no other girl has went after one of her other guys.

If they put her in a love triangle, she’d be another Michael who never loses and the guy will make it completely clear that Joss blows the competition out of the water. See how they handled that lame Willow/Michael/Chase triangle where Willow couldn’t even feign a slight interest in Chase, never mind be genuinely torn between them. 

You're right.  If they didn't have these Bensons so bubble wrapped we could have some really good soapy stuff happening.  But with the protection racket the Bensons got going, we get the anti-soap. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Joss saw old Esme where? She's was a raging Carly clone and Esme showed nothing back to show she faking. 

I think that was supposed to be when Joss walked in on Spencer and Esmé after the parenting class and Esmé's hand was on Spencer's arm. I don't know. I don't care. It's so completely idiotic and badly written—TFGH.

And yeah, Trina needs to fight her own battles. If she doesn't, well, that's on her. Joss isn't going to make anything better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don’t think Joss goes after Esme for Trina’s sake, it’s just another reason to snipe at her. She’s been fighting with Esme since the moment she showed up in PC. They had almost as many bitchfests as Carly/Nina. Sometimes she said it was because she was looking out for Spencer but she treats him like crap too. I think she’s just itching for a fight most of the time. She’s pretty nasty towards anyone outside of Trina and her family. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1