Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved that Elizabeth had "riiiiiight" expression on her face for all of that. 

Due to the preemption, I only saw the tail end and all I could think of was WHY is Elizabeth being civil to this twat? I want one person, just ONE (!) to rip MiniSheBeast a new asshole! Not that it will have any effect, but I want someone to rip into her and there be a lot of people there to witness it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

What is Ace's relationship to Spencer again? Is he his baby brother? I wish they'd clarify that in the dialogue.  

I know. It's as confusing as whether Lulu had an abortion.

38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

all I could think of was WHY is Elizabeth being civil to this twat? I want one person, just ONE (!) to rip MiniSheBeast a new asshole!

Elizabeth is being an adult. It's Cam's business to deal with. Too bad he got only about 30 seconds to be mad at Joss, but that's how this fakakta show rolls: No one can stay angry with a Carly.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Spencer, it is not up to Laura who is the mayor or Kevin who is a busy psychiatrist to watch over huge, cute baby. His mother is there and she has been taking care of him since he was born. 

It is also not up to them to watch over Esme as if she was a prisoner. If you knew that this was going to be too difficult to have her free from any kind of prison environment then you should have told Trina her plan was dumb. Because the plan is so, so dumb.

Could the show not find or afford to get a bigger bag of pretzels?

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Could the show not find or afford to get a bigger bag of pretzels?

Could the show Joss not find or afford to get a bigger bag of pretzels?  Elizabeth should have said, "You didn't bring enough for the whole class."

Obviously the pretzels represent how close a friend Joss is to Cam to know the brand of pretzels he likes and that Cam will miss them even though there is no reason he can't buy them at Stanford.  Joss is  a wonderful, caring, thoughtful, compassionate, special person!  Cam is lucky to have her in his life.  Sigh.

Edited by Bazinga
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth is being an adult. It's Cam's business to deal with.

Especially because it's not like she knows Joss cheated on him.  If she lit into her she'd be no better than Carly.

Still cannot get over that bag of pretzels. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I know we all love to get our Giant Ace fix, but it is so unrealistic that Esme would be standing there the whole time holding that giant baby. First of all everyone would be fighting over who gets to hold him, 2nd, get a stroller for God's sake. Giant Ace is 1 lb away from breaking Esme's back.

Please, please WL come back sometimes. I will be missing Cam so much,.

WOW, by the length of Eileen's scream...... what canyon was that bridge over?

So they are killing Pip off 😓

Edited by Blackie
spelling
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

So “bad news” women should not get to keep their children, unless their Carly. Got it.

It’s sad the Cam is not remaining. He could’ve been instrumental in making Spencer palatable in dealing with Esmé. Raging Victor loving Spencer is not for me. 

CANNOT with obsessive Lucy.

Scotty’s speech for Cam. 🤣

I could get behind a Robert-Diane investigating duo. They seem more on the ball than Anna and Valentin.

”She’s probably having the time of her life” referring to Epiphany when we know the actress has passed, is very cruel dialogue. Glad there’s an in memoriam episode.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Funny line of the day:

Laura  So, Liesl is still mad at you?

Scotty:  I went to the apartment and she had thrown all my suits in the hallway.  there were actually people trying them on.

That had to be an ad lib because Genie's reactionary laugh seemed legit.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

That bag of pretzels is so small. It's peak cheapness from the daughter of a billionaire and a wealthy woman.

Giant baby is completely adorable. But I am so sick everyone, especially Spencer plotting to take the baby away from Esme. Whether or not she really has amnesia (and I think she still does), she's never been anything but good and caring to her baby. Her baby.  Spencer has no legal right to that baby at all and no moral one either. He and the others trying to take her baby away from her with no real other than She's Evil! reminds of court cases and people arguing that girls should not be given tampons because it wears out their vagina.

I'm back to hating Spencer.

Oh look at Joss giving Esme advice on how to take care of a baby. And Esme thanking her.🤮

"We are all working our butts off here."  Maxie, I'm helping to organize (not even co-chair) a fundraiser and you're not even breaking a sweat.  And I'm really tired of everyone telling each other how wonderful they are. it's a committee, not a love-in.

Shut up Maxie and Felix and Sasha about Bobbie being the perfect person to end the Nurses Ball. Especially you Maxie when you know how Lucy feels.  Bobbie really is a Carly and everyone has to kiss her ass.

So is Lucy going to burst into the Nurses' Ball  when Bobbie is on stage?

Stop trying to make Chase/Brook Lynn happen.

Somebody save Robert from Diane. No offence to Caroline Hennessy but Robert deserves so much better. I hate the way she steamrolls over him.

"No, Victor doesn't suspect anything."  How could Anna be so stupid as to not hear that as Eileen telling you that Victor found her out.

Does someone have a scorecard on how many times falling into the water actually kills the person? Ryan, Esme, and Sonny have all survived.

Nice work by Becky at the end hearing the news about Epiphany,

1 minute ago, Desperado said:

It’s sad the Cam is not remaining. He could’ve been instrumental in making Spencer palatable in dealing with Esmé. Raging Victor loving Spencer is not for me. 

I will miss Cam for many reasons but especially when Spencer connives with Victor to ruin yet another child.

I didn't like how Camersn scolded Esme for not accepting Elizabeth's apology. Esme has the right to stay mad for being held a prisoner and and causing her to lose her memory in an attempt to escape.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
23 minutes ago, Blackie said:

WOW, by the length of Eileen's scream...... what canyon was that bridge over?

Didn't Sam fall down that same slope/canyon before giving birth through her pants? 

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does someone have a scorecard on how many times falling into the water actually kills the person? Ryan, Esme, and Sonny have all survived.

I've pointed out before that since Saint Jason's dock and roll, no one has died in the waters surrounding Port Charles. Clearly, he imbued them with lifesaving powers. 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 6
4 minutes ago, rur said:

Didn't Sam fall down that same slope/canyon before giving birth through her pants? 

Sometimes there is water at the bottom of the bridge, and sometimes it's perfectly dry, depending on the storyline.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

How is it that Kevin has disappeared from the Esme/Ace storyline entirely considering (a) Esme is his biological niece that he never knew existed and Ace is his great-nephew and also (b) they are living in his house at the bequest of Laura, his wife who is also Ace's grandmother?? He'd want to bond with Esme/Ace and save Esme from herself. Look at the lengths he went to for Ryan.

• Like 14
21 minutes ago, rur said:

I've pointed out before that since Saint Jason's dock and roll, no one has died in the waters surrounding Port Charles. Clearly, he imbued them with lifesaving powers. 

There is no way Eileen could survive that fall, she had a 3-5 sec scream which just faded off with no thud or splash at the end.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

There is no way Eileen could survive that fall, she had a 3-5 sec scream which just faded off with no thud or splash at the end.

I'd like to think she fell into the Port Charles wormhole, but I suspect that the stream under the bridge probably eroded the surrounding land to Grand Canyon-like depths. 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 3
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Cam told Esme that Franco had been in a similar situation as hers, broke the law and everyone hated him but he stuck with it and redeemed himself, made a new life and Cameron became very fond of him.

I see the gas leak in Elizabeth's home has yet to be fixed.

• LOL 5

"Where's the vodka? Cameron may be underage, but I'm not!" Hee.

I hate the way Anna and Valentin treat both Lucy and Eileen with contempt. Maybe if you two were a little nicer, you'd get better results. Ugh. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Blackie said:

maybe she landed on the Pennsylvania side and will end up being a barmaid somewhere.   

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Eileen may have been one of Victor's minions, but she didn't deserve this. I kind of hate Valentin and Anna. They really don't care about the collateral damage. They didn't care when it was Lucy, they didn't care when it was Eileen. Nixon Falls might have a new resident.

I think it's the first time we see Victor getting his hands dirty.

Lucy is as immature and insufferable as they come. She is fucking annoying and I can't deal with her on my screen.

I also can't deal with Joss dispensing baby advice.

So long Cameron! Hope your next girlfriend treats you better than the one who cheated on you and who got absolved of all sins because no one knows what she did.

BLQ/Chase. Pass.

Felix needs to wash the dirt from his upper lip. But it's nice to see him.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Look at the lengths he went to for Ryan.

and, since Kevin and Ryan were identical twins, doesn't that make him biologically her father as well  as her  uncle?  As far as the DNA goes....

• Useful 2
38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Eileen may have been one of Victor's minions, but she didn't deserve this. I kind of hate Valentin and Anna. They really don't care about the collateral damage. They didn't care when it was Lucy, they didn't care when it was Eileen. Nixon Falls might have a new resident.

I totally agree about Val and Anna.  I have grown to really despise them while everyone else online is ranting and raving about Spencer.  It's Anna who would make me rant and rave were I the type to do that about fictional characters lol.  I try not to be!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

”She’s probably having the time of her life” referring to Epiphany when we know the actress has passed, is very cruel dialogue. Glad there’s an in memoriam episode.

However, considering that they will have the character of Epiphany pass away, this is the kind of well-meaning foot-in-mouth comment that people sometimes make when they are unaware that someone has died. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

That last scene was so stupid. Liz calls Piph, a trooper answers. She says she’s trying to reach Piph and he immediately says ‘I have bad news about your friend?’ Maybe she’s Piph’s daughter, or sister. Or anyone else. How about at least asking who she is first? 

As for the rest of the show, there really isn’t much to say. I do feel bad for Esme having to lug that giant baby around in her arms all the time. I don’t care how cute he is, that kid just weigh 20 lbs!

so now there’s water under Jason’s bridge? and from the sound of Eileen’s scream, it was a loooong fall. But yet, when Sam fell off the bridge, she landed about 10 feet down in the dirt. Make up your minds writers!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Eileen was a raging moron.  she should have slipped out while Victor was int he other room.  She shouldn't have gone anywhere with him.  He told her she could go ahead and go and then said she couldn't.  She should have realized that he'dnoticed that the thingie wasn't on the floor any more.  And it was so obvious he was going to chuck her off the bridge.

Also, she should have just worn the wire.  Robert should have gotten a room on that floor so he could havee been right there.

Are Lucy and Bobbie still feuding over Jake?  If so they are the best grudge holders on the show. I respect that.

• Like 7

Kevin and Mac disappeared after one of the best scenes we've been offered in a very long time.  I'm going to fanwank that they're off somewhere having a re-bonding experience.

Goodbye, Cam.  I will miss you.  You were the brains of your family, and of your circle of friends.  I felt the IQ of Port Charles drop precipitously today.  Glad the character, and the actor, were shown the respect of a formal farewell.  I wish WL well in pursuing what he loves.  Hope he decides he loves acting, too.

I've always liked Diane's friendship with Alexis, and still do.  But I don't like her with Robert.  Maybe she's too harsh for him?  I don't know.  But I think he has too much history with too many other on-screen characters to be relegated to sharing his scenes with Diane. Put him with Felicia, or Anna, or Mac.  In that vein, I wish the show would face the reality that JPS is too unavailable for Valentin to be in a relationship with Anna, because that completely stifles one of my favorite long-term characters.  Free Anna, and let her work openly with Robert and Felicia.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Random Tuesday thoughts:

- Esme's gonna need a chiropractor for the strain lugging the Cute Giant Baby around.  On the plus, in a week he can give her a break and start carrying her.

- Baby lessons from Joss, whose entire experience is watching her Mother's nannies with the various babies the hoarder has appropriated over the years.  Speaking of, nice to know that you have to be a perfect person to even be afforded the chance to parent your child.  Shut up, Joss.

- JZ/Bobbie's reaction when Lucy screamed in Maxie's ear about not wanting Bobbie to end the show read like she could hear Lucy.  It was very "neener neener" and totally wrong for the scene.  Not to mention all the smoke blown up that Carly's ass. 

- Previews: Of course Saint Willow on the Brink of Death must grace everyone with her presence at Pip's service.  Maybe Carly can give the eulogy. 

• Like 8

I can't really see CH with anyone until they write Diane some material where she can show a softer, more open and vulnerable side. CH probably has it in her, but as written over the years, Diane just seems too one note to get in deep with Robert. 

Has Joss started medical school? Cuz look at her dispensing amazing medical advice to Esme. Esme: "My arm is asleep." Joss: "Try holding the baby on the other side." How does she not have a Nobel Prize in medicine! Joss doesn't even need med school at this point. She can switch from trauma to an OB/GYN specialty and just start now.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
52 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

peaking of, nice to know that you have to be a perfect person to even be afforded the chance to parent your child.  Shut up, Joss.

And Spenser. He acts like he has some kind of legal right to Ace.  She should find a social worker, apply for welfare, find a job, and get away from those people who want to steal her baby.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

I know we all love to get our Giant Ace fix, but it is so unrealistic that Esme would be standing there the whole time holding that giant baby. First of all everyone would be fighting over who gets to hold him, 2nd, get a stroller for God's sake. Giant Ace is 1 lb away from breaking Esme's back.

At least Avery Pohl can skip her upper body workout. 

I am on Team No to Diane and Robert. Why couldn't Victor also drop her off a bridge?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Eileen was a raging moron.  she should have slipped out while Victor was in the other room.  She shouldn't have gone anywhere with him. 

She also shouldn't have told him everything she knew, leaving herself with no bargaining chip to keep herself alive.

I'm stuck on how the spycraft gang managed to put together that elaborate hoax with "Anna's" body to force Eileen onto their side, yet no one thought to station someone in the Metro Court hallway so that they could quickly come to Eileen's rescue if things went sideways with Victor.

• Like 9

I hate those fake eye-lashes on Maxie. They are obviously super-fake and look silly. 

Sigh. Esme and Cam. What should have been. He always gets to be real and honest with her and Esme even pre-amnesia would actually stop in the moment and really listen to what he says. Plus he actively was using Ace's name.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Oh look at Joss giving Esme advice on how to take care of a baby. And Esme thanking her.🤮

Joss has actually been around babies and taken care of them (her sisters, Wiley and now Amelia). Unlike Spencer who is ignoring everything Cam said and is going to go ALL IN with Victor in order to steal Ace from his mom.

So the flashdrive sure doesn't look like anything that would have existed when Mikos and the Ice Princess were trying to freeze the world. Unless it was converted, it should have been some huge floppy disk or something the size of an encyclopedia.

Speaking of huge, the toddlers playing Ace must really like Avery as they are either very comfortable with her either wide awake or sleeping.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

can't really see CH with anyone until they write Diane some material where she can show a softer, more open and vulnerable side. CH probably has it in her, but as written over the years, Diane just seems too one note to get in deep with Robert. 

IMO the only time she isn’t a caricature when she’s having emotional scenes with Alexis, which are few and far between. I suspect that NLG/CH’s dynamic that brings it out of her because I’ve never seen it with anyone else on this show or in other stuff I’ve seen her in.

I remember Diane and Max and not only was it a weird pairing that didn’t quite make sense, it was played as comic relief. There’s no way I could buy her with someone like Robert. The only vet I could see her paired with is Scott, not that I’d want them together. 

• Like 4

They’re being way too heavy handed with the Esme propping. Using Cam’s goodbye party and last moments on the show for the foreseeable future to have him encourage everyone to treat her kindly is wild. Esme had potential and there’s a way to do a decent redemption story but this is just obnoxious. It’s a soap so I don’t necessarily care about her ”getting away with her crimes”, but the best way to make me hate her is by doing this; having other characters, specifically ones she harmed, tell me when that it’s time to move on. It reminds me somewhat of Babe on AMC and Bianca being her mouth piece.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I'm still waiting for the official word WL is leaving, damnit. There has been nothing yet. Even his Twitter bio still says Cameron Webber/General Hospital. I mean, sure it's likely, but there hasn't been anything official anywhere as far as I can tell. And I've looked. The closest to official was the goodbye hug between Elizabeth and Cam that felt super real between the actors.

Sigh.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

I am on Team No to Diane and Robert. Why couldn't Victor also drop her off a bridge?

I'll join your team. Diane is a slick mob lawyer. Robert is and always has been a good guy. They do not belong together. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2

Diane and Max made sense to me because he did what she said to and I can fanwank that the sex was good. Diane is a steamroller (look how her pushing got Alexis disbarred) and Max was good at taking orders.

13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Joss has actually been around babies and taken care of them (her sisters, Wiley and now Amelia).

Esme said that her arm was tired from holding the baby and Joss told her to switch to her other arm. This is not rocket science (other mothers figure that out for themselves when they have  child) and there was no reason to thank Joss for the tip because duh. This is just another example of how the show goes out if its way to praise the Carlys.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
8 minutes ago, ljr said:

Was there always a plan for epiphany to move out of Port Charles or did they do that because the actress died?

Likely the latter. I suppose it’s possible she could have gone to med school outside of PC and then returned in 6 months, having graduated summa cum laude with the highest scores in the history of Johns Hopkins, but it was probably just easier this way when they discovered Sonya passed.

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

On the plus, in a week he can give her a break and start carrying her.

This is one of the funniest things I've read so far about the Gorgeous Giant Baby!!  I may have to use it though I will TM you!!

11 hours ago, Katy M said:

And Spenser. He acts like he has some kind of legal right to Ace

But they have Laura acting like he has legal rights and Diane saying she'll get him legal rights and Victor blowing smoke up his butt, so of course Mr Entitled will act like that.  

10 hours ago, Steph J said:

et no one thought to station someone in the Metro Court hallway

Right?   I love Robert but why was he waiting downstairs in the lobby?  If Eileen is leaving the room alive, then she wouldn't want to be seen immediately talking to Robert.  And if Victor's taking her out, he's not doing it through the front lobby.  

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Speaking of huge, the toddlers playing Ace must really like Avery as they are either very comfortable with her either wide awake or sleeping.

Not only comfortable with her at an age where babies tend to play strange with people (I'm assuming he's about 4-5 months) but also comfortable enough to fall asleep on her while on a very loud set.  

9 hours ago, driver18 said:

I'm still waiting for the official word WL is leaving, damnit.

Maybe he's not officially leaving.  They could have him come back during the summer while the actor and character are out of school.  

• Like 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Esme said that her arm was tired from holding the baby and Joss told her to switch to her other arm. This is not rocket science (other mothers figure that out for themselves when they have  child) and there was no reason to thank Joss for the tip because duh. This is just another example of how the show goes out if its way to praise the Carlys.

Let's just be happy Scott's speech didn't include "and thanks to Josslyn for providing the best pretzels I've ever tasted" followed by a standing ovation and round of applause.

• LOL 14
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Esme said that her arm was tired from holding the baby and Joss told her to switch to her other arm. This is not rocket science (other mothers figure that out for themselves when they have  child)

You don't need a baby to figure this out: Anytime one arm gets tired from carrying something, switch it to the other. FFS, Show.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

What is going on with JPS?  I swear to God in recent scenes it's not just that he doesn't seem to be "on", he has looked like he was in a daze.  As if he was not even there mentally.  Like he was asleep, literally, sleeping with his eyes open.  I haven't seen it being mentioned, yet the soap bloggers will get all over Kemo and claim she is thinking about pizza.  And she has never come close to this.  Dude's asleep.  

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, CeChase said:

What is going on with JPS?  I swear to God in recent scenes it's not just that he doesn't seem to be "on", he has looked like he was in a daze.  As if he was not even there mentally.  Like he was asleep, literally, sleeping with his eyes open.  I haven't seen it being mentioned, yet the soap bloggers will get all over Kemo and claim she is thinking about pizza.  And she has never come close to this.  Dude's asleep.  

Maybe he’s tired from doing both shows. I don’t think they’ve had him playing anything super interesting either so I didn’t pay much attention.

Valentin/Anna’s little adventures have been lame. I think you have to be a super fan of that pairing to be engaged in what they’re doing because not only are their plans dumb, I find their scenes boring. They definitely need to return to town and do something new. I know Anna doesn’t do much beyond investigations these days but they normally do a lot more with Valentin than this. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
32 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Maybe he’s tired from doing both shows. I don’t think they’ve had him playing anything super interesting either so I didn’t pay much attention.

Valentin/Anna’s little adventures have been lame. I think you have to be a super fan of that pairing to be engaged in what they’re doing because not only are their plans dumb, I find their scenes boring. They definitely need to return to town and do something new. I know Anna doesn’t do much beyond investigations these days but they normally do a lot more with Valentin than this. 

I feel the same way, and have been super bored by them for a while now.  You are probably right about exhaustion being the explanation for JPS.

• Like 3

It would be wonderful if those encouraging words from Cameron to Esme were filmed to serve as flashback material for an eventual return of the character, and the actor.  Even if the character doesn't return, I have a feeling we'll be seeing those scenes again.  "You can have a life here."

Something about the whole premise of the Epiphany-goes-to-medical-school storyline has bothered me from the beginning.  Nursing is a calling.  It's not just a step on the road to a "higher calling".  It's entirely different, and necessary, and noble.  The character of Epiphany demonstrated that calling, and I thought it was odd to have her suddenly see it as 'not enough'.  For me, the only salvation for the storyline would have been for Dr. Epiphany to keep missing her RN duties and relationships with patients, but that might be too subtle for a soap.  Having said all that, I will miss the character, and am glad they seem to be writing such that the other characters can mourn her.

Lastly, regardless of the size of Baby Ace (who I think might have more interestingly been named after his deceased grandfather), I am a little jealous of AP.  There is nothing quite like the feeling of an infant sleeping against your chest.  

Edited by JMO
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Let's just be happy Scott's speech didn't include "and thanks to Josslyn for providing the best pretzels I've ever tasted" followed by a standing ovation and round of applause.

I loved his line about having something for Cam’s wallet before he leaves. 😝

May Cam meet someone who is worthy of him. 🤞

• Like 10
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2023 at 4:11 PM, CeChase said:

This all seems very unlike Cam. 

I think it was actually very in character of Cam.  He’s a good guy at heart.  He’s not a pushover as evidenced by his reaction to Joss and Dex, but he will give people the benefit of the doubt.

On 3/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, statsgirl said:

Valentin and Anna conversation was boring even for this show. And Anna is incredibly stupid to call Eileen and potentially blow her cover.

I’m kind of starting to root for Victor because this story, while it’s had some strong, soapy moments has dragged on Way Too Long.  Ugh.  Get on with it already.

• Like 7