Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Desperado said:

I missed the previous two episodes but everything moves so slowly and my faves are rarely on so I may just check what’s discussed here before tuning in from now on.

This is what I’ve been doing. The show is slow and somewhat boring lately to me. I went to YT and watched last week’s Trina’s scenes and today’s Sona and Austin/Maxie scenes. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blackie said:

She should worry more about her mom's taste in clothes!

Clothes can't kill.

Actually, I usually couldn't care less what real or fictional people are wearing.  However, as someone in the fashion industry, Maxie should have better taste.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think that she's evil so much as she's against the new guy her mom is kissing who is not her dad. That's pretty normal even if she hadn't lost her mother to an evil almost-stepfather last year.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Georgie is proably thinking her mom needs to stop dating men that end up delivering her siblings in the middle of wilderness.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
(edited)

Loved Lucy rocking up to Tad Martin Gray's room in some classic soap vixen furs, though maybe she should have closed the hotel room door before dropping them lol.  Tad Martin Gray is still a bit of a ham, but his affection for Lucy is winning me over, and Herring and Knight are cute together.  And hey, it's already leagues better than Lucy's pairing with Ian Thornhart on  "Port Charles"!

So the Valentin wrench in their relationship has already been put back in the toolbox...okay?  Although I guess it makes sense for Valentin to try and keep Lucy on-side re: ELQ.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Michael telling TJ he's a better person than he is--talk about the lowest of bars.  And then comforting Willow when he, just minutes before, basically said it would be better if Harmony just died.  What a catch this guy is!

• Love 12
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can't help it, I thought that Sonny flirting and dancing with Nina was cute. At the least it was a million times better than his interactions with Carly.

8 hours ago, Blackie said:

They are big nope for me that I haven't watch for the past month or so and only started again these last two episodes. So are they dating? They slept together once back in February and if I am correct they have not really even kissed since then. If their interaction was anything like today's, then they are just basically having the same blah conversations that they used to have  in that empty bar in Nixon'Falls. 

Now Martin and Lucy? They are sexy, funny, cute and enjoyable to watch. Effortless.

• Love 5
On 4/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, lala2 said:

I didn't see the show today, but in the recap I read, Brando tells Sonny that Michael is being naive and is a privileged brat? Is that right? If so, GO BRANDO!!! I knew I liked you for a reason! I'm sure "brat" wasn't used, but I will have to search out that scene. 

Michael's whole take on this situation as been incredibly selfish and naive. He acts like a little boy, not a grown man who should know life is complicated. It's not black and white all the time. I understand being upset w/your dad for cheating on your mom, but Michael seems more upset that Sonny didn't murder Nina. And he's too old - IMO - to not understand why Sonny was conflicted. The man fell in love w/her when he had amnesia. He can't just shut off his feelings. And as @Daisy pointed out, we saw Sonny try to move on w/his life w/the woman he wanted: Carly, but Carly wanted nothing to do w/him when she learned about Nina. She didn't even try to understand the man. Ugh. Michael is so bad. 

I am not looking forward to Michael hating on Sonny b/c  . . .  I'm sorry . . . . CD is not a strong actor. He plays anger one way - OTT and screechy. That's why I'm one of the few who hated when he was angry w/Sonny last time. There was no nuance to his performances. He was just loud and screechy, and I was happy when he forgave Sonny. LOL! 

I haven't been watching Michael lately b/c I don't think CD does anger very well. It's very one note. JMO. 

Chad Duell always looks like he has a small pinecone lodged in his rectum.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

Now Martin and Lucy? They are sexy, funny, cute and enjoyable to watch. Effortless.

They make a really attractive couple too. Lynn Herring is gorgeous and Michael Knight is a silver fox.

I’m so embarrassed for myself but I am also enjoying Sonny and Nina.  Ok Mo, I see you with those dimples and genuine smile.

• Love 15

RIP, Harmony, I guess? Not a waste of a character, but definitely a waste of a talented actress, even with the thankless material she was given.

And now Carly is the only person who knows the truth about Willow. Shit like that happens when you constantly stick your nose in other people's business. I'm not even sure that she is stuck between a rock and a hard place with this. She'll probably do the Carly thing, which is usually not the right thing.

Now, this whole Nina business and how she'll smother Willow with her brand of toxic love. Like, sure, Nina tried to do too much when she was Sasha's mother for a hot second, but I'm just really over the whole Nina is the devil incarnate, we must protect Willow at all cost. Willow is an adult. She can decide for herself if she wants Nina in her life or not. It wasn't up to Harmony and it isn't up to Carly to make that choice.

Felicia isn't pregnant after all, so we all dodged a bullet on this one. But I don't understand how a couple that's been together for a long time is unable to communicate. 

Valentin is always a bright spot on my screen.

• Love 17

It was great to see Anna and Robert today, but the fact that they had to prop up the ridiculous baby story of Felicia and Mac killed my enjoyment.

Why? Why? They’re in their sixties - would they be using a surrogate? Why? Why?

Couldn’t they just go back to the Ice Princess story?

• Love 9

What did Sonny put in those meatballs?  

Why does Carly have to be the center of every secret?

Mac and Felicia, if you have a baby today, you will be nigh on 80 (actually they'll only be 85, of course, but pretending that soap time works the same as real time) when that kid turns 18.  That might be fine if you have another Georgie or Robin.  But, how are you going to handle a Maxie 2.0 at that age?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Willow: There are so many things I wish I'd told my mother. [the quiet part: but I have to stay here with Michael while Harmony tells Carly the big sekrit. Because Harmony, Neil's killer, Alexis' friend and owing Nina, is now all about Carly.]

Oh look, Carly's killed Harmony. Carly's not only had a hand in Nelle's death, she has a hand in Harmony's too. I would die too to get out of spending time with her.

I will miss Inga C.  They could have done so much more than Harmony.

Lenny: "Take if from me, death is easier than divorce."  Me: you sure got that right.

The more they try to make Michael a suave sophisticate, the more he comes off as a bumpkin. Yes, there is a small museum of Monet painting,  , but Willow would be better off at the Musee d'Orsay.

Mac/Felicia and Robert/Anna are couples I would invite to a dinner party. I don't want another pregnancy but I like that the writers came up with something to gt them to spend time together.

Valentin is so much better as Nina's friend than Nina's besotted lover.

9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm not even sure that she is stuck between a rock and a hard place with this. She'll probably do the Carly thing, which is usually not the right thing.

Carly will do what she always does, which is baby hoard. Even if in this case the baby is in her twenties.

And she will justify it saying that she has to protect Willow from Nina.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Carly will do what she always does, which is baby hoard. Even if in this case the baby is in her twenties.

And she will justify it saying that she has to protect Willow from Nina.

Well, yes, it's very on brand for Carly to claim to be doing what's best for everyone else when in reality it's what suits her purposes.

Of course it's quarter til Willow getting some disease that will require her getting a body part/blood/bone marrow to live and the secret will have to be outed, but someone Carly will bark that she was "doing what had to be done!" and it'll be bygones, because this fucking show.

• Love 11
(edited)

Oh give me a fucking break now Harmony is saying on her deathbed that Willow needs to be protected from Nina??  When just days ago she was saying she owed Nina for you know, stealing her child and all.  Ok, show.  

How basic are these writers that they can’t think of any other story besides baby rabies, even for the geriatric set.  I loved Robert just bursting out laughing with the absurdity of it all.  It was also cute seeing Anna and Robert Netflix and Chilling (literally, not the other thing). At least until Fe and Mac stopped by unannounced.  What the hell time is it supposed to be anyhow?  How rude!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Mac and Felicia, if you have a baby today, you will be nigh on 80 (actually they'll only be 85, of course, but pretending that soap time works the same as real time) when that kid turns 18.  That might be fine if you have another Georgie or Robin.  But, how are you going to handle a Maxie 2.0 at that age?

Plus they get plenty of baby time with James and I’m assuming Bailey now.  So they can raise their grandchildren together.  They spend more time with the kids than Maxie does. I chuckled at Maxie saying she didn’t want to ask her parents to babysit two nights in a row.  Lol….why stop now?

Also I was kinda surprised Georgie was at Maxie’s yesterday, I’m pretty sure she has always lived with Spinelli?  I guess now that they all live in the same time zone she gets to see her mom more often which is good.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Desperado said:

It was great to see Anna and Robert today, but the fact that they had to prop up the ridiculous baby story of Felicia and Mac killed my enjoyment.

Why? Why? They’re in their sixties - would they be using a surrogate? Why? Why?

Couldn’t they just go back to the Ice Princess story?

Couldn't they adopt a teen? It may be a good way to bring in a new kid (especially a BIPOC character), especially with Jake not having anyone in his age group. It would be nice to have a human interest storyline where a couple deliberately adopt a kid, instead of working backwards (kid is there first)as they usually do.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I know it is due to time constraints for TV but it seemed like a real exaggeration for TJ to tell Willow "We did all we could" for Harmony. That looked like 1 not very long CPR effort to me with a couple of puffs from the air bag. They could have at least suggested some time lapse to show that they made more of an effort than what you'd expect from someone on the street rather than medical professionals.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

How basic are these writers that they can’t think of any other story besides baby rabies, even for the geriatric set.  

I think we may need a banquet room for the number of folks sitting at this table. 

Who in the world thinks, "OK, it's sweeps, so we'll bring out a couple of formerly adventurous legacy characters who haven't had significant storylines lately . . .  and, I know! We'll have them talk about having babies! To a couple other legacy characters. Who used to have mad, wild adventures. Because what else could they or the viewers possibly be interested in?" 

Does the term creatively bankrupt ring a bell? 

Grrrr

Edited by rur
to express more contempt for the story line
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, rur said:

Who in the world thinks, "OK, it's sweeps, so we'll bring out a couple of formerly adventurous legacy characters who haven't had significant storylines lately . . .  and, I know! We'll have them talk about having babies! To a couple other legacy characters. Who used to have mad, wild adventures. Because what else could they or the viewers possibly be interested in?" 

Especially when we just had Felicia and Anna going on a mini caper together!  Felicia was also saying how much she missed all the spy stuff they used to get up to, now she wants a kid when she didn’t even raise the ones she had??  Just stop. Why not send all four vets on a hunt for the Ice Princess, or some other adventure!  It would be so awesome to see them all in action again, and it would be a fun summer story. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Harmony is saying on her deathbed that Willow needs to be protected from Nina??

Protected from what? 

"Oh my god, your my kid too, well. sorry i still don't really like you right now?" oh yes, MUST protetcccc

so now of course Carly will feel justified since this is harmony's last request. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Valentin is always a bright spot on my screen.

In my imagine, too.  I didn't watch today, but oy, Felicia and Mac are way too log in the tooth to have an infant. I like the idea the that a PP suggested that they adopt or foster a teen.

• Love 3

This reveal is just so bad. I don't know the circumstances of Nancy's back surgery and how much notice they had... But for the show to build this relationship between Alexis and Harmony and then for the beat of Alexis learning Harmony killed Neil to be played by a stand in. And then have Carly inserted into this story. 

It's just so poorly planned, unprofessional, really. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

so now of course Carly will feel justified since this is harmony's last request. 

Which is ridiculous since not 24 hours ago Harmony was trying to stick Carly with a syringe and stuffing her in the back of her trunk. But yes, Nina is the dangerous one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Which is ridiculous since not 24 hours ago Harmony was trying to stick Carly with a syringe and stuffing her in the back of her trunk. But yes, Nina is the dangerous one.

How fast will Carly run and scream at Nina that Willow needs her bone marrow when she's diagnosed with Acute MyRealMotherIsSomeoneIHate-anoma?  Then it will all be about "you want to prove you're worthy?  Give your daughter your kidney/liver/half your brain.  THEN, maybe, everyone will believe you're not worthless." 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"you want to prove you're worthy?

The problem with that is Nina would give whatever to Willow no questions asked the second she's told she's her daughter and gets the explanation that she had twin daughters. I think she'd do it even if Willow wasn't her daughter. She doesn't need to prove that she's worthy.

But this show, these writers. Carly must always be proven right for some obsessive weird reason.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The problem with that is Nina would give whatever to Willow no questions asked the second she's told she's her daughter and gets the explanation that she had twin daughters. I think she'd do it even if Willow wasn't her daughter. She doesn't need to prove that she's worthy.

But this show, these writers. Carly must always be proven right for some obsessive weird reason.

And that's why the second Carly decides that the truth must come out she'll spill it in a way that makes it seem like Nina somehow does have to prove herself.  Because Carly.  And writers.

• Love 12

The psycho who just murdered 2 people and tried to kill 2 more is gonna say Nina is bad danger to Willow?

Willow can stay with Carly and psycho Harmony as her mom. I don't want her in Nina's family. They actually have a bond with. Obrehct, Britt, Maxie and the kids. Such a danger keep her away. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Phyllis, I don't know why you bothered to turned sign over to say that Charlie's was closed. It would have made no difference with the amount of customers that would show up. (NONE)

Are we sure Sonny is manic. Making meatballs and trying to force them on poor Frank. Having imaginary conversation with dead people wearing that silly cowboy hat.

You know how the show could surprise me? Have Carly tell Willow what Harmony said and have Willow decide that she doesn't want Nina to know that they are related.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Farewell Harmony, I'll always remember you as the person who got Carly to shut up for an entire episode.

I didn't realize that I still ship Robert & Anna until the first scene of today's episode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

This reveal is just so bad. I don't know the circumstances of Nancy's back surgery and how much notice they had... But for the show to build this relationship between Alexis and Harmony and then for the beat of Alexis learning Harmony killed Neil to be played by a stand in. And then have Carly inserted into this story. 

It's just so poorly planned, unprofessional, really. 

It is too bad they went ahead without Nancy and with a weak sub, but it’s possible that a big story like this couldn’t be postponed too long given what seems like more than a few moving pieces

• Love 5
(edited)

Does anyone know how much longer TempAlexis is going to be on? Not only is the acting terrible, but half of the actor's dialogue seems out-of-character when compared to NLG's version. Or maybe it's the way the lines are delivered, either way, it's pretty bad.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Does anyone know how much longer TempAlexis is going to be on? Not only is the acting terrible, but half of the actor's dialogue seems out-of-character when compared to NLG's version. Or maybe it's the way the lines are delivered, either way, it's pretty bad.

I posted something from Soap Opera Network in the press topic that indicated Nancy should be back on screen early this month

• Useful 2

I was impressed with the TJ actor today, you could tell he was genuinely upset at what I’m assuming was the first time he lost a patient.

I’m mad at my friend - she popped over while I was watching GH and asked: whoa who is that?

Me: That’s Mac.

Friend: MAC is a SNACK!

I agree that JJY is gorgeous but now I cannot get MAC THE SNACK out of my head...

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, CeChase said:

Phyliss looked so beautiful, too bad they didn't give her more words to say.  They should find a love interest for her.  

NOT Hat Man.  He needs to spill the beans or stay out of town.

• Love 4

Well now we know that the show is one day behind schedule. How old is Violet? Age 6 was the start of my daughter's obsession with Star Wars. (Her princess books were The Paperbag Princess and Jane and the Dragon.)

I'm glad that they are making Britt a more social person. But I miss the sarcasm and humour.

I need a macro for "Shut up Michael". Now he's talking in front of Wylie, the thing that he banned Nina for.

No way Wylie drew that picture at his age unless he truly is a Picasso Jr.

Dante: "I'm here as family rather than police."  [Me: And therein is th problem with you as a cop -- you're family above job.]

15 hours ago, nilyank said:

You know how the show could surprise me? Have Carly tell Willow what Harmony said and have Willow decide that she doesn't want Nina to know that they are related.

It shouldn't be Willow's decision if Nina finds out or not. Nina is the injured party even more than Willow -- drugged into a coma and both her daughters stolen from her. Carly already stole the knowledge that Nelle was her daughter from her (albeit temporarily), now Carly and Willow have the chance to steal knowledge of another daughter from Nina.

Willow is free to cut ties with Nina if she so chooses but Nina deserves to know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Color me shocked that the secret about Harmony not being Willow's biological mother is out like hours after she died. Now let's see if the other half comes out too, or if Carly will sit on that.

I guess Alexis has played her role in this storyline. Now Carly must carry that torch!

Who in the eff is Dex/Dax? Is he going to be Sonny's new Jason or something?

Amy leaves work because she's not "feeling well" runs into her other chief of staff and gives her attitude after the chief of staff wonders why one of her nurses who is supposed to be working isn't. Ok, cool beans, Amy. 

Chase wearing a tiara and sipping air is very cute. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Willow is free to cut ties with Nina if she so chooses but Nina deserves to know.

this can't be stressed enough.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess Alexis has played her role in this storyline. Now Carly must carry that torch!

I can't tell if they wrote it this way, knowing NLG would be gone or if it's just a matter of Carly being everywhere all the time.  I mean, she was taking over the whole Michael/Willow/Dante conversation.  

22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Amy leaves work because she's not "feeling well" runs into her other chief of staff and gives her attitude after the chief of staff wonders why one of her nurses who is supposed to be working isn't. Ok, cool beans, Amy. 

Right?!  though that's plot point that she's fighting with Terry, then complaining to Chet about her "boss" when we the fans, know that Terry and Chet are dating.  so when that comes to light to Amy, she'll get her panties in a bunch that her mean ole boss is dating her precious brother,  at least until Calry shows up to fix it all.  

Also, while it was TJ's first death, it certainly wouldnt have been Amy's since she's been a nurse for 9998 years and someone's always dying at GH.  

24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Chase wearing a tiara and sipping air is very cute. 

As bad as the writing has been for Brase, those two had chemistry in spades all over the place today, including little touches on the arm or hand.  Josh and Amanda are bringing it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Color me shocked that the secret about Harmony not being Willow's biological mother is out like hours after she died. Now let's see if the other half comes out too, or if Carly will sit on that.

Of course she'll sit on it with the excuse that it's what Harmony wanted--even though that dying statement of hers is a 180 from what she'd been implying since this storyline detour started.  So now it's all about Carly "honoring" a dying woman and it'll be that it's "not her secret to tell."  The writers are probably only bummed that there's no one for her to hang on a meat hook.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Teri to Liz: “I’ve known you longer than anyone”.

Me, who has been watching this show way too long: “NO YOU HAVEN’T!”

And I know that Amy is annoying but why was Teri such a bitch?  Teri started it and then had the nerve to say Amy was ruining her day.  I’m guessing this has something to do with Chet but we don’t see enough of them for me to care.

On another note, Teri is the second person Finn has asked to intervene with Liz without her knowledge. Is that supposed to mean something?

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Of course she'll sit on it with the excuse that it's what Harmony wanted--even though that dying statement of hers is a 180 from what she'd been implying since this storyline detour started.  So now it's all about Carly "honoring" a dying woman and it'll be that it's "not her secret to tell."  The writers are probably only bummed that there's no one for her to hang on a meat hook.

I'm sure she can hang Nina on a meat hook.

And I agree, it was a whole 180 on the Nina situation with Harmony.

her whole dying speech sat as well with me as anything Carly-adjacent or Carly-related usually does. You know the sort of stuff that makes Carly go all Carly on the world and poor unsuspecting souls. We are talking about the same Harmony who gave her drugged up daughter to Shiloh to rape, stamped her back for her, then told Shiloh about the son they'd had together, which prompted him to kidnap the Wylie. That's the woman lying on her deathbed, telling Carly that Willow must be protected at cost from her biological mother who is nowhere near as batshit crazy as Harmony was. 

I'll miss the actress, but Harmony can eat a bag of something.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's the woman lying on her deathbed, telling Carly that Willow must be protected at cost from her biological mother who is nowhere near as batshit crazy as Harmony was. 

not to mention that she kept saying that she owed Nina. so i guess that feeling literally got smacked out of her when Sasha hit her.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I was impressed with the TJ actor today, you could tell he was genuinely upset at what I’m assuming was the first time he lost a patient.

I felt worse for TJ then I felt for Willow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Daisy said:

not to mention that she kept saying that she owed Nina. so i guess that feeling literally got smacked out of her when Sasha hit her.

It's lying on the Pennsylvania side of Logic Blvd.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

and you know what would have been a great like. I'm growing" moment? Carly for once just stopped... being Carly and learn from the past. the last time Carly hid something from Nina, it blew back in her face so much that she lost her marriage over it ultimately. 

Now, once again, she knows something in regards to Nina. and instead of just doubling down and being Carly (we must protecc Willow/Wiley!!). Tell Nina, and basically (as another Plot twist), be like, Oh okay you're my kid. but i still don't really want to do anything with you coz you suck.

• Love 2