Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Oh, lord, Felicia decided to go anyway? I just can't with these ding-dongs who think they're the only ones who can save the world. I know that's everyone, but when someone tells you to stay home because you'll get in the way, maybe listen? I like Felicia, but I want her to arrive after Maxie has been found, Peter shot through the head, and everyone is already on their way back to Port Charles. Heh.

• Love 7

Today's Show

We open with Laura hugging Spencer. Spencer goes Please don't tell me Prision is agreeing with me. hehe. There's a heat wave....in the middle of winter. Okay. Laura wants to know how Spencer is doing. Spencer is bored and restless but okay because Sheffield is looking after him. Laura is like "that's what was I afraid of."

Laura tells Spencer about Trina and her gift. Spencer goes If you can trust my feelings in Trina can you trust my feelings in Sheffield. Laura goes how Sheffield and his family were going to freeze the world (haha So soapy). with the ice princess. Spencer goes if it wasn't for Sheffield he'd be in Big Boy Jail. Laura claps back if you can see the good in Sheffield why can't you with your father. 

Spencer goes they used to be close but it's over now. Laura goes I know you felt abandoned and Spencer goes. he made me think he was dead. I don't think it, I KNOW it. as much as I hate Ava for letting Val win (whatever go away) Nik did far worse. He made Britt a fugitive, Hayden is missing. and who does Nik choose? Ava. Sheffield might be bad but he has my back. Laura can't deal with it anymore. and leaves. (they share I loves you though). 

Ava and Nik are planning their vow renewal . They are being schmoopy. Nik quotes Barrett-Browning. He can't remember it all but Sheffield finishes the quote. Sheffield goes how great a poet she was. Ava goes "I thought you'd like philosophy instead " Sheffield goes. "Yeah. but philosophers can't write good romance."  Anyway he goes. He no longer wants to control the world but he wants to save it. Nik goes. "starting wtih peter?" Sheffield is like Peter betrayed me. Why would I help him? Nik needles him about Peter taking Maxie but Sheffield would have NO idea about that would he?. Sheffield looks pissed. 

Sheffield says he washed his hands of Peter. He goes let's stop talking about him. and talk about your vow renewal! Ava goes Our vow Renewal is private. Sheffield goes. :( but I got you the perfect gift. Nik goes no thanks, Ava goes. well no. I like a Faberge egg. Nik goes even if it's stolen? Ava goes. Well it depends where. :D . Sheffield goes. Nothing like that it's better it's a reunion between you and your son. Nik looked stunned. 

NIk goes. if you really care about this, you'll leave us alone and let us heal our rift in peace. Sheffield goes "i've been doing that but I see no progress." Sheffield points out since Spencer came back he was bouncing from place to place. Nik goes Spencer made his own decisions. Sheffield goes "Well he didn't choose his current situation, prison!" Ava is like "uh yah, he did. it's called consequences, how to explain that to you?" teehee. Sheffield goes "do you wanna cast yourself as the wicked stepmother?" Ava goes I gave him a lot of chances, he was unrepentant! 

Sheffield goes. do you want to keep Spencer away from the renewal ceremony? keep him away from his family. Laura hear him and goes. Nik doesn't need your help nor does Spencer. Laura info dumps Nik and Ava about Spencer's personal guard. Sheffield is like I see no harm in protecting my great grand nephew. He splits. Laura goes yuck LOL  Ava goes "yeh but.... maybe Sheffield has a point". 

Laura and Nik is like no this is not a good thing. We don't want Spencer to be indoctrinate himself to #TeamSheffield. Ava's like. but we KNOW all this. now we can play Sheffield. Laura is like. hmm maybe we don't need to do that.. We can do something else? Nik goes What? "SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND VISIT YOUR SON." states Laura

Spencer and Sheffield are talking. Spencer says "you are my family, Sheffield. they may want me to forget that you are my family but I won.'t". Sheffield grins. 

Lisel and Austin are like "The heck happened to our bug?" Austin thinks maybe Sheffield just broke it so now they don't know where maxie is. Sam pops out of no where and goes "it's okay! Anna is on it" Lisel goes meh. Peter has escaped Anna many times. Clearly I need to go to Zurich and Kill Peter myself. (GO LISEL!) Britt stops her. Lisel goes "like you can stop me!" Britt goes I'll lock you up for psych eval for 72 hours. Lisel is proud that Britt will break the rules but she'll still go. Britt goes. "try it and I'll harpoon you. Again."

Sam is all Switzerland is 8.5 hrs away, who knows where maxie will be, Lisel. Austin goes. can't you reach Dante? Sam goes. Dante isn't keeping me up to date. Austin goes but who is keeping an eye on Victor? Lisel looks pissed that Austin is spilling the tea. britt is like speak. Austin infodumps Britt. 

Britt gets didn't it occur to you that instead of Sheffield leading you to maxie, that maybe you tipped Sheffield. Lisel has a lightbulb go off and goes. Zurich! Of course!

Anna and Jasonllite and Dante teleported to Switzerland. They infodump the agents.  Felicia is on a plane to Switzerland because it's not her first rodeo. Anna and SwissMiss 2.0 are saying it's hard to Find Peter's trail. Drew is like "we're running out of breadcrumbs" Drew is like we are wasting time, we need to start thinking like Peter. and they look at the map. (this is very info dumpy so i am just trying to catch the important parts, 

Felicia has a flashback about her telling Peter she can't go to the wedding because of great aunt who is almost always needing help LOL. Peter is likeyah well you know the swiss alps is my favourite place in the whole world. . Felicia mutters swiss alps and googles maps the area. 

Anna/Lisel realise that Peter told them about the special place (in his book).  Anna goes salt mines! Jasonlite is like "this is an expression though." (no duh. dumbass). anna basically gives him the look that says the same thing, and points out YES but in the book Peter talked about it with affection so it means something. Lisel calls Anna and says "SALT MINES! that's where Peter took Maxie." Switzerland has 3 in 3 different areas. Lisel goes "did Peter mention to you the Farm?"  Felicia remembers the name of the town where the farm was. (Hidden Meadows in German, don't ask me to try to get that out LOL)

Peter and Maxie reach the farm. It's kinda of a nice set. Peter goes since no one cared about me and my childhood. no one will associate me with this place. We are all alone. maxie as you can imagine does not look overjoyed. 

Maxie goes do you honestly think it's that easy to vanish. Peter doubles down no one knows about this place but JUST IN CASE if someone figures it out. he has an escape plan, Peter beams. because of COURSE he does. 

Maxie is like it's hard to find....but easy to leave? Peter goes. yeup! but it's okay this was my sanctuary but now it's our refuge. peter waxes poetically how this will be great, him, her and Lou... then he glares. What? Why are staring at me like that, asks Maxie. "Where are your earrings?" demands peter. 

Maxie goes. I lost one, so i ditched the other. No bigs. Peter goes oh well it's okay, Diamonds and Rubies for you from her on out. Maxie goes i don't care about that I just want my children to be safe. Peter goes I miss our daughter too. (lol). but it's okay we just need the trail to go cold. but if our enemies show up. flashes maxie a gun

Maxie talks him down and basically blows smoke up peter's ass to calm him down. (all you wanted to do was love me. I was just angry I'm calm down now and I just see the love. so us and the kids can live here forever) that sort of thing. 

--------

Nik is like ehh... Ava is like. dude. he's your son. repair your relationship. Nik is like I'll try. Ava and Laura are like go go, Sheffield went to babyjail. Ava goes "Laura Collins. what are you up to." Laura goes. Sheffield is bending over backwards to bond with Spencer which means he's using him. 

Sheffield has a phone call. He thanks them for the update. Sheffield butters Spencer like he's toast. "Winter is Coming" goes Sheffield, "you are the heir to everything, don't forget that" Spencer looks intrigued.

Nik shows up. Spencer looks kinda surprised.  

Sheffield gets infodumped by Johann. Sheffield goes I want Peter Dead. Understood? Tell our Man he can kill Anna and Dante but Jasonlite is too valuable to lose. 

Lisel infodumps Anna. They figure out it's the oldest salt mine. Britt tells Austin to go to work, and leave finding maxie to professionals. Sam goes don't worry Anna and Dante can do this! 

Johann calls WSB-Sheffield spy. . SheffieldSpy doesn't like his instructions.  Johann goes you are paid to do this. 

Peter tells Maxie the name. He's actually sweet here. WR toned down campy big time so Peter works for me now. anyway. Maxie shooshoo him away to start a fire. she has a look of disgust and she starts rummaging in the cabinet for something. 

Maxie has a map. Peter turns back on the campy villain and goes. "planning something?" Maxie goes. "I thought maybe a walk, we can talk some more." Peter goes. "maybe tomorrow. It's getting dark. the wolves will come out."

show ends. 

Okay. THIS EPISODE HAS SPENCER IN THE CREDITS lol i saw him! he's there ;)

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

"I'm not above accepting a Fabrege egg as a gift." "Even if it's stolen?" "Depends who from." ... "I'm impressed by your willingness to pretzel the rules and touched by your concern."  This is why I love seeing Ava and Liesl on screen -- they own their villainy and show no shame for it.

Victor quoting from Sonnets From The Portuguese also gets points.

The look Liesl gave Austin when he started to reveal too much --  I remember that look from my mother to me.

Kudos to the show for hiring an actress who gives the European words the correct pronunciation.

I understand why Felicia went to Europe. She joined in the adventuring in the old Aztec days and Anna hasn't exactly been competent in disabling Peter.

Sam is such a cultie. She goes from believing that Jason can do everything to believing that Dante and Anna can.

Just now, Artsda said:

Upstate New York heatwave in February? 

That is such a weird choice. 30F (current temp) doesn't exactly need air conditioning.

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Spencer goes If you can trust my feelings in Trina can you trust my feelings in Sheffield.

Because Laura knows the facts about Victor, and she's known him for a lot longer than Spencer has. Facts >>>>>>feelings.

Spencer is a total dumbass. 'I don't care what Victor did or is doing, he helps me.'

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

.Spencer is a total dumbass. 'I don't care what Victor did or is doing, he helps me.'

I’ve been hard on Spencer and his self-pity but Victor is the only one that came along to offer solid help. I can see why he’d be appreciative of his basically giving him a bodyguard. Nik has been a disaster when it comes to Spencer for the past two years. 

Port Charles is supposed to be in Western New York and it actually was about 55 in Rochester yesterday. But snow next week! Maybe uncle Victor really is messing with the weather. 

Edited by Jma14
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Hidden Meadows in German, don't ask me to try to get that out LOL)

Hee. This reminds me of one of my favorite Nina-Liesl exchanges, where Liesl says something cutting in German to Nina, and Nina says, "I'm going to look that up, you know." Liesl replies, "Good luck trying to spell it."

Ugh, Spencer is still whining about Nik pretending to be dead and Ava breaking her promise. GET OVER IT, you baby. Considering what you did to get even with Ava, I'd say that account, at least, is closed.

Salt mines are really cool. My family visited one ages ago, and we got to wear jumpsuits and go down a giant slide. It was probably totally set up for tourists like us, but we loved it.

Oooh, a Laura-Esmé showdown on Monday. That could be fun.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer is a total dumbass. 'I don't care what Victor did or is doing, he helps me.'

well that doesn't make him a dumbass. and it's not really about helping him either because Sheffield has also ripped him a new one now and then about getting over this Ava hatred. what he's being is a father figure that Spencer is desperate to have, and Nik is basically forced into having with Spencer. - so yeah. Even though like I said, Sheffield is buttering Spencer like he's toast - he's filling the void Spencer needs. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Salt mines are really cool. My family visited one ages ago, and we got to wear jumpsuits and go down a giant slide. It was probably totally set up for tourists like us, but we loved it.

I visited one years ago when I was in elementary school. My class went on a school trip to Austria and the salt mine went from Austria to Germany, right under the border, which was pretty cool.

Today's show just confirmed for me how I just don't care about Maxie anymore. If she and Peter went missing for years, I wouldn't miss her.  

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If she and Peter went missing for years, I wouldn't miss her. 

Honestly, I don't think I would either. Let Chase and BLQ raise BaileyLu, let Mac and Felicia keep raising James, and let whoever has Georgie II keep raising her (is it still Ellie?)

Maxie can return in a few (or five) years having killed Peter.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Yes. It's been unseasonably warm throughout the state.

This is rather timely.  I live right outside Kansas City and Wednesday it was 64 degrees. Yesterday it was 40 degrees colder and snowed 8 inches.  So strange.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As soon as anyone gets near Peter, whether it's Anna or Victor, they instantly turn stupid.

Peter's superpower.

Truer words have never been said.  Every time someone threatens to kill him I yell “LIAR!” at my tv.  True story. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

he's filling the void Spencer needs. 

Because Spencer refuses to let Nik help him or have any kind of resolution with Ava.

27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sheffield has also ripped him a new one now and then about getting over this Ava hatred.

Getting over the hatred "because we are all one family" yes but there was nothing about Spencer recognizing that what he did to Ava was in any way wrong; he still thinks that he was completely justified and Vicgtor has never said anything to counter that idea.

Spencer is grateful to Victor that he's only in babyjail rather than Pentonville and because Victor never tells Spencer that what he did to Ava was wrong, unlike Laura and Kevin for example, but Spencer didn't need to be in jail at all if he had accepted any of the olive branches Nik and Ava offered him. Ava only had him charged because there was no other way to reach Spencer to get him to realize that what he had done was wrong. And Spencer still blames Ava for not going against Valentin for something that it turned out he didn't do.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Today's Show

We open with Laura hugging Spencer. Spencer goes Please don't here's a heat wave....in the middle of winter. Okay.

There's also an Ice Princess on the loose, and lots of talk about the Cassadine weather machine. I'm no blacksmith, but I know an anvil when I see one. 

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I thought Beyoncé when I saw the "B." That was literally the first thing my mind went to. 

Beyonce Bae GIFGasp! I hope the Beygency isn't after poor Liz!

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was surprised Dr. O and her very big hair refrained from slagging Anna off too much when noting how many times LWB/FS has slipped through Anna's fingers.

And I was amused by Britt shutting down both Dr. O and Austin.  "You're part of the hospital canvas, Dr. Gaitlin-Holt, get back to work."

Ugh, I forgot about LWB/FS' stupid book from his intro story.

• Love 1

Yeah my spec is Mistah Sheffield is doing something with the weather. The secrets of the weather machine are in Drew's brain. I think the plan is to blackmail him into allowing those memories to be unearthed so the Cassadines can offer a solution to climate change and suddenly be the family that saved the world. It will all go horribly wrong of course. But I think CS is playing Victor as a guy who uses evil as a means to an end but may have other, less sinister motives. Or he could just want to hold the world's governments hostage again. God knows the market for weather controlling tech has only gone up since 1981.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I’ve always enjoyed NLG’s acting and her intelligence in her role. I especially liked her “crisp” way of speaking-very to the point and articulate. I’m not sure what happened to that way of speaking but I’m glad that the writers are finding a way for her to progress into a new way of life. Although I always thought that if I needed an attorney, I’d hire Alexis or Diane in a heartbeat!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Where's Frisco? WSB all over this story, the top person daughter is taken and nobody says anything?

Frisco should be in the story. 

Well, it did reach 60 here yesterday! (Been cold for a long stretch, then a brief warm up, now cold again. Supposed to go back into the 50s by next week, though!)

• Love 1

I watched this show for years and then stopped when we moved out of the country. I was glad when I saw that Felicia was coming back to the show. OMG. I can’t believe how strange and annoying her acting is now! I’m not just talking about her voice. I’m referencing her acting. Her facial expressions, her vocal expressions do not compute with what is going on. She’s just a crazy acting woman. And oh boy! She’s on a plane to Switzerland to rescue Maxie. Like mother, like daughter. Both are nuts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So did I.  I loved riding that train deep into the salt mines and back out again which was a trip!

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I visited one years ago when I was in elementary school. My class went on a school trip to Austria and the salt mine went from Austria to Germany, right under the border, which was pretty cool.

I think this is the same one that I visited way back in 1985 in Berchtesgaden.  Donning our protective clothing we rode 700 meters down into the tunnel; then took a fun, wild ride down a slide where we learned a lot about the dinner seasoning salt that the world uses.  We even took a boat across the cavern that was filled with salt and water.  You could even feel the salt on your shoes as you walked.  Next, we took a funicular up to our car which rode the final 700 meters outside rather quickly.  It was a really fun experience and as I wrote in my journal many years ago, "I'd like to do it again!"

image.thumb.png.a7f255e23ca5ef3271800046cf6148c8.png

image.png.fc6dc0fc08014a4f0ed7c7adc61e61d5.png

image.png.019723295580387d436c0974c371aeaf.png

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Yes. It's been unseasonably warm throughout the state.

Not THAT warm. I mean I’ve loved the 50-60 degree days, but I’d hardly call it a heat wave that needed air conditioning lol!

11 hours ago, dbklmt said:

I think this is the same one that I visited way back in 1985 in Berchtesgaden. 

I was 10 years old when I took the school trip. We went to Austria for the bicentennial of Mozart's death. I remember having to sell a shit ton of stuff to finance the trip. Your pictures do look familiar, especially the jumpsuits. I think that the mine was near to Saltzburg or in Saltzburg. 

So I read a horrifying thing this morning. That some fans want Wes Ramsay to be brought on as a new character so that he can be paired up with Carly. 

I'm sure the man is perfectly nice, but no thanks.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I read a horrifying thing this morning. That some fans want Wes Ramsay to be brought on as a new character so that he can be paired up with Carly. 

Eh. It's very wink-wink, of course, but I think WR is quite good when Peter isn't required to be a dastardly villain. Peter is the one I'm sick and tired of, not necessarily WR.

If Carly has to be with someone—and the show really hates independent single women—better she be with a new WR character than have poor Drew be shackled to her. (Cold comfort, I know.)

• Love 7
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I took the school trip. We went to Austria for the bicentennial of Mozart's death.

We went to the local agricultural fair and wandered through cow crap in freezing weather.

• LOL 3

This is the first sweeps month since I've been watching again that actually felt like real sweeps. I don't know if it's the budget (please don't ever bring Burton back) and things like different sets and day players or the writing (which has been good most days) or precisely what but I'm enjoying it. 

I do have a few quibbles, like Anna acting like Valentin doesn't exist and Drew spending too much time in Carly's orbit but this is the most fun I've had watching GH in a decade or more. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Yeah my spec is Mistah Sheffield is doing something with the weather. The secrets of the weather machine are in Drew's brain.

It better be something to do with forcibly changing the weather because the writers shouldn't plan on NY weather being warm enough in February to make it a plot point.

If Carly has to be with someone—and the show really hates independent single women

Unless it's Alexis. And when they do give her a love interest, they die or go evil.

Those who want WR to play Carly's next love interest  (do they want to hear him read Ayn Rand to her in the bath as LW posted in real life?) should know that not every real life couple has the chemistry of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.  More often than not, they're duds on screen together.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
23 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Yeah my spec is Mistah Sheffield is doing something with the weather. The secrets of the weather machine are in Drew's brain.

It better be something to do with forcibly changing the weather because the writers shouldn't plan on NY weather being warm enough in February to make it a plot point.

I think if you're writing a story about forcibly changing the weather, what's happening IRL in New York doesn't really matter. ;-) If that's what that heat wave is related to. And even if it's not, climate change is real and wacky things are happening, so it's not really that far-fetched.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

what's happening IRL in New York doesn't really matter. ;

That's what I meant, that it  should be story-related otherwise it doesn't make sense.

This isn't the show to take on weather-weirding as a story beyond Molly going on another crusade.

Charles Shaughnessy seems to make actors in scenes with him smile (MW and NC Friday) which is awkward for a character who wanted to take over the world, but warms my cold, dead heart.

And Anna is NEVER expendable, my dude.

It’s nice to see the women step up to get Peter. I suspect Maxie will finally do him in, but hope for an Orient Express resolution w/ everyone taking a stab.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, tessaray said:

(please don't ever bring Burton back)

For all of the Burton fans' promises to stop watching in protest until he was brought back, his leaving didn't change the ratings, either. There are ups and downs from week to week, but it's always between 2 and 2.5 million total viewers. The 18-to-49 female demo never changes much either, no matter who's in the cast.

I read that the first week of February sweeps this year was up from the same point in 2020, which was pre-pandemic...and also had a Jason story going on (that was when he and Sam were trying to see each other without her parole officer finding out).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don’t know exactly where Victor Sheffield’s story is headed, but I’m quite sure it has something to do with the weather. There have been far too many references to the Ice Princess in recent months for that to be a coincidence. And I am intrigued— Despite thinking at the time that the whole Weather Machine story was the stupidest thing ever and never changing my mind in the years since, I appreciate the acknowledgment and use of show history. I just hope the writers don’t screw it up. (Ha! Like that’s a possibility.)

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Carly has to be with someone—and the show really hates independent single women—better she be with a new WR character than have poor Drew be shackled to her. (Cold comfort, I know.)

I agree. Leave Drew alone. I’m actually kind of surprised they’re not contriving a Carly/ Austin relationship, given how hard the writers once pushed for a LW/ RH coupling (first with Todd, then Franco). 

I also don’t hate WR— I think he’s done the best he could with a terrible character. But if he does get reincarnated, I have one request: Lose the whispery voice. We get enough of that with Sam. Learn to speak like a human with fully functioning vocal chords, and I will keep an open mind.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Unless it's Alexis. And when they do give her a love interest, they die or go evil.

Those who want WR to play Carly's next love interest  (do they want to hear him read Ayn Rand to her in the bath as LW posted in real life?) should know that not every real life couple has the chemistry of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.  More often than not, they're duds on screen together.

There was a married couple playing major characters on ATWT for years, and the actress asked never to be paired with her husband's character.  She said she got all giggly around him!

10 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

For all of the Burton fans' promises to stop watching in protest until he was brought back, his leaving didn't change the ratings, either. There are ups and downs from week to week, but it's always between 2 and 2.5 million total viewers. The 18-to-49 female demo never changes much either, no matter who's in the cast.

I read that the first week of February sweeps this year was up from the same point in 2020, which was pre-pandemic...and also had a Jason story going on (that was when he and Sam were trying to see each other without her parole officer finding out).

Especially when it is over the vaccine - it's not planned like before.  Did they desert GH for Y&R during that time?  Doesn't seem to have affected the ratings then?  In which case, why don't TIIC see that it is in fact not a big deal and that they don't have to keep Jasus or Mooby on forever.  

• Love 4
On 2/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, Grinaldi said:

But I think CS is playing Victor as a guy who uses evil as a means to an end but may have other, less sinister motives. Or he could just want to hold the world's governments hostage again. God knows the market for weather controlling tech has only gone up since 1981.

I seem to have a vague recollection from watching '81 episodes that Victor was the slightly less scummy Cassadine of the bunch, excepting the one that didn't get frozen with his Quartermaine girlfriend (Tony). I may be projecting based on Thaao Penghlis' typical characters in the past as well as Shaughnessy's performance, but I think he is a venal opportunist first. I don't know if he was all in on Mikkos' plans or not back then, but he def was up to pure supervillain shit when he returned in '14. But I like to think CS' Victor spent the '70s in and out of Studio 54 before getting drawn back to the family fold, and after getting out of prison sometime in the later '80s all he wanted to do was hang out at Limelight or cosplay Miami Vice. He'll dabble in maniacal supervillainy for a profit.

• LOL 2
On 2/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, ouinason said:

Nik being a bad father isn't new.  He wasn't a good one to start with, and he has always known and acknowledged that.

Nikolas was a pretty present and dutiful father, IMO, until his 'death'. He raised Spencer alone for years both on and then extensively off-camera in Europe before and then after TC returned in 2013. It's everything he's done since he fell off that mountain or whatever thanks to Mustache Billy Joel (Valentin) when Tyler quit that is unacceptable behavior. Not that Spencer stalking crazy Ava is great conduct, either.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Nikolas was a pretty present and dutiful father, IMO, until his 'death'. He raised Spencer alone for years both on and then extensively off-camera in Europe before and then after TC returned in 2013.

I don't really agree. My memory is that most of the day-to-day childraising was being done by Lesley or the household staff, with Nikolas trotting the kid out to impress whatever prospective slampiece. Then came the Bechtel years, where Nikolas was completely ineffectual and That Impish Scamp Spencer, Isn't He So Hilarious ran rings around him.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Nikolas was a pretty present and dutiful father, IMO, until his 'death'. He raised Spencer alone for years both on and then extensively off-camera in Europe before and then after TC returned in 2013.

I don't really agree. My memory is that most of the day-to-day childraising was being done by Lesley or the household staff, with Nikolas trotting the kid out to impress whatever prospective slampiece. Then came the Bechtel years, where Nikolas was completely ineffectual and That Impish Scamp Spencer, Isn't He So Hilarious ran rings around him.

This is how I remember it, too. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I mean, if we go down that road there's a lot of soap parents we can tar with that brush. We can say Liz was a bad parent because of all the times Car Honk Audrey was said to be taking care of the boys while she ran around with Jason or Nikolas in the mid-2000s. Offscreen Lesley with Spencer is no different. Even Lulu wasn't seen that much in the late 90s or early, early 2000s, they fobbed her off on Lesley a lot too well before Laura got sent to the cracker barrel. But I don't think either Liz or Laura were bad mothers, I think that was simply a question of how the show used their time onscreen. And while yes, Bechtel's Spencer was a terror, their father-son relationship was a pretty central dynamic for both of them during the time they were both on the show. That's more than most soap parents and kids in that age range get on a regular basis.

A lot of this to me is more a question of how soaps treat parent-child relationships; an afterthought until they want them. I'm far from Nikolas' biggest fan, but IMO he only truly began neglecting Spencer once he'd 'died' and chose to enact a vendetta. YMMV.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
On 2/17/2022 at 2:26 PM, Kim0820 said:

Harmony forged the certificate successfully, or is it not recorded?  But there is a way, as Tara who wrote "Educated" finally was able to get her passport, though there was no birth certificate at all. 

I guess Harmony never thought about legal adoption, which could have worked perfectly well in the circumstances.

Part of the problem with GH is that characters like Harmony seldom get their own plot line. The actress has an interesting "look" and backstory that could be mined. Since Felicia is back on the canvass, the writers could make Harmony somehow related to the Aztec Princess S/L from back in the day. Her features do look vaguely Native American. Or, since Robert has a soft spot for bad girls, pair him and Harmony in an age-appropriate relationship. Ironically, the one thing GH gets consistently right is casting. Harmony and Willow do indeed look like Mother and Daughter and now the writers are taking that away.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2022 at 1:14 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

No, psycho, she can't, because she's a fucking divorce lawyer.  God, you suck. 

It sounds like Carly wants to sue for something like alienation of affection, and maybe emotional distress.  So why she called a divorce lawyer is beyond me.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, ulkis said:

Oh no in real life he's soapy. He's 34 years old and gotten married twice and both marriages were less than 6 months.

I’m not trying to be mean to the guy, but if he’s anything like his TV character, I can see why.  I hope that’s not the case.

On 2/18/2022 at 4:35 PM, mostlylurking said:

This is rather timely.  I live right outside Kansas City and Wednesday it was 64 degrees. Yesterday it was 40 degrees colder and snowed 8 inches.  So strange.

I'm in Vermont. It's supposed to be in the 60s this Wednesday and a snow/ice storm on Friday. Definitely a crazy year for weather.

• Love 1

Ned and Leo is going swimming. Based on Spencer's comment it's June weather. They're walking around in sun dresses and no coats.

How does Esme not have a place to live? Kick her out and she has nothing? Why is nobody questioning on if she's a good digger?

Is Spencer going crazy with the heat?He was out of control.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2