Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't know who wrote the dialogue for Olivia, but I will assume the writer knows nothing about alcoholism.  Olivia was talking like the sex was sober, deliberate and considered. Someone who has been drinking, especially if they're an alcoholic, doesn't stop and think. They're avoiding emotional pain and going for instant gratification. Olivia's words would have been better directed toward Ned. 

Olivia apparently forgot when she had her one night stand with Julian where she concieved Leo. Weren't they drinking heavily because they were feeling jealous because Ned and Alexis were sort of seeing each other.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Very much enjoyed Liz chewing out Jason and finally calling him out for being an absentee crap father to Jake. That should've happened a long time ago. I'll ignore the Franco factor of it all because it needed to be said and I never thought it would happen whatsoever, so I'll take it. 

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, please, STOP with the necklace. The Nina's child storyline feels like it's been going on for years and years. 

Because it literally has been going on for years and years.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

The scenes with Olivia and Alexis just left me...not exactly cold, but I didn’t care. Because as I’ve stated, I don’t recall seeing a great friendship between these two. It’s not as if they had the friendship that Bobbie and Monica had and when Bobbie and Alan started some serious near/almost affair when Monica had breast cancer.

Then there’s Olivia’s attitude toward Lulu when Dante cheated on Lulu, and the other things others have posted up thread.

SHEBEAST is the WORST. Is she going to try and scale the parapets at Wyndemere and then remove the necklace from Avery’s neck while Avery is sleeping?

Wow. I never thought I’d see the day when Liz would tear into Jaysus. And over Fracking Franco??!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Olivia didn't help cover up Sonny shooting Dante?

Yeah kinda. I didn't list it because I thought coming her it would gave been hearsay but I remember she came in right after Sonny shot. I don't know how that in real life would go but in soap world where the forensics didn't do anything, her saying probably wouldn't do much since she technically didn't see him shoot.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I really didn't care for the conversation between Elizabeth and Jason, and I say that as someone who is mostly a fan of the character but I have no use for Jason.  The problem isn't Jason; the problem is how Franco handles things and basic dysfunction within the Friz marriage. Jason didn't go to Franco and start making threats; Franco went to see him. Elizabeth is still mad that Jason doesn't accept Franco is a "changed man" and she's mad that Jason didn't come to her to let her know her husband went behind her back. If Elizabeth really thinks Jason is at all motivated to go after Franco out of jealousy regarding Franco parenting Jake, she clearly hasn't been paying attention. Jason barely parented Danny and Danny has even said Jason isn't invested in spending time with the family when Jason lives with them (or did, up until recently), so it's absurd to think he feels he's missing out on spending time with Jake.  Elizabeth came off to me as someone who is in total denial of even a possibility that Franco could be a danger to their family. I hated Jason's condescending tone, but I can't disagree with what he said. 

But it doesn't have an impact because Jason doesn't care about any kid's needs except for Michael.  (AFAIC, Michael is a kid in an adult's body.)

True that. I think Jason also cares about Joss. But nothing about his own offspring.

I interpreted Elizabeth's speech somewhat differently. I think she knows that Jason doesn't care about Jake and she was trying to make him see that Franco does and it would hurt Jason's son to lose his stepfather.

Liz is right to be worried because Franco is making a bad decision and Jason will too if he gets the chance. Franco sees himself as not worthy (and it seems like most people here will agree) so to him he's doing the best thing he can for Liz and the boys by taking himself out of their lives before he hurts them.

But Jason is the wrong person to make the decision that Franco's brain tumour is taking him over and turning him back into a killer. He's not a clinical doctor, Jason's one year of pre-med isn't even enough to teach him that they don't use microscopes in organic chemistry. Plus he's got all the hatred towards Franco from before so he's very likely to take the first appearance of justification to put Franco down.

And there's also Jason usual patronizing attitude to the wimminz. He should have told Liz that her husband asked him to kill him. She has the right to know.

• Love 5

Dear Joss and Carly:
It is not hateful for Ava to take her child home with her. You feel sorry for Avery for not being with her mother on that island (because you know several times a year, Avery has to be whisked away to SonnyIsland with guards and crap). Ava is claiming to do things for daughter, which according to you guys is her "go to move" (ya think? that's what mothers should do, you dumbos). Go kick a rock.

Dear Phyllis:
Your husband is telling you that you should be careful about trusting this guy you literally know nothing about. Maybe instead of letting him be all up in your life, you should be going to the police and figuring out who he is. I was with Mr.Phyllis. Like. dude who are you to start going through everything and making changes? Oh thats right. AmnesiaSonny who is basically like RegularSonny. show why are you wasting my time?

Dear Liz:
I don't like you very much. you know why but you going after Jason made my heart grow three sizes. Also Jason needs to kick a rock "If he's a threat I'll know." You are a walking threat you moron. should someone take you out? (Peter you had your chance. you're dead to me). Also. I love Liz's outfit it's so posh. 

Dear Jax:
I can't even with you. Why are you asking Carly how high every time she says jump? 

Dear Nina:
You poor sweet summer child. How much you don't know. 

Dear Olivia:
Oh shut up. Please. 

What a waste of Jane Elliot's appearance 😞

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The scenes with Olivia and Alexis just left me...not exactly cold, but I didn’t care. Because as I’ve stated, I don’t recall seeing a great friendship between these two.

Wow. I never thought I’d see the day when Liz would tear into Jaysus. And over Fracking Franco??!!

You don't recall because there isn't one. Alexis and Olivia had baby daddies Sonny and Julian in common and so both of Olivia's kids are siblings of two of Alexis's three daughters. While Julian and Alexis were married, Alexis was technically Leo's stepmother. Alexis represented Olivia when she wanted a lawsuit over harassment for breastfeeding baby Leo. But they have never been friends who meet for drinks, discuss men or work problems. The closest thing I've seen to a girl friendship for Olivia was Carly (like Carly telling Dustin it hurt Olivia to hear that he was basically taking Dante's place in Rocco's life).  Yes, yikes/ugh.

Yes, Elizabeth yelling at Jason over Franco takes away the enjoyment. If she wanted to get to Jason, this was not the way to do it.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I interpreted Elizabeth's speech somewhat differently. I think she knows that Jason doesn't care about Jake and she was trying to make him see that Franco does and it would hurt Jason's son to lose his stepfather.

Liz is right to be worried because Franco is making a bad decision 

If she wanted to talk about Jake being hurt, she should have started with "You know how close Jake was to your brother Drew when he thought Drew was his dad. When Drew died he was devastated. But you didn't show up to comfort him when he was hurting so much, or fill that void in his life. Franco and I have given Jake everything he needs. And now you're willing to kill Franco, and have Jake devastated again?" 

The way to maybe get through to Jason is to emphasize Jake's pain and the loss of Jason's brother from his life, not make it about "you've always hated Franco, we love and we need him and he would never ever ever ever hurt us because I'm absolutely positively sure that this growing tumor won't cause him to be dangerous and so YOU BETTER NOT HURT OUR FAMILY." 

I can't really blame Jason for not taking Elizabeth's reasoning seriously.  Elizabeth came at Jason like she doesn't have tons of history with Jason, to know what to say to have an impact.  "Waaah poor Franco is my husband, how dare you agree to something he asked you to do" is a stupid argument. 

Yes, Franco is again making a bad decision. This is why Friz needs to acknowledge they should go to couples/marriage counseling instead of their neighborhood hitman to deal with their difficulties.

• Love 2

Liz has a real problem reading the room. She thinks that she can make the people of Port Charles accept and like Franco by telling them how good he is; she think that she can make Jason care about Jake. The only time I remember Jason caring about Jake is when he though Jake was dead and he took down his box o' pain and looked constipated while holding his toy.

Jason doesn't care about Drew either. If he did, he wouldn't keep referring to him as "Drew Cain".

12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, Franco is again making a bad decision. This is why Friz needs to acknowledge they should go to couples/marriage counseling instead of their neighborhood hitman to deal with their difficulties.

And while they're seeing a counsellor, Jason decides that it's time to kill Franco. I think Liz made the right first step.

Whether Franco asked him to do it or not, it's still murder. Jason may not care but others should.

• Love 8

I was so incredibly annoyed with Sonny. I kept thinking , 'dude, sit your ass down and stop being such a pest. Until I realized that it had to do with his meds and not being on them. What a terrible story. The hospital doesn't run any tests to see if he's on anything, which might cause the amnesia? That would have found doses of whatever he takes in his system, telling them that he needs those meds. Sonny nor Phyllis think to take to social media, to plaster his face on the internet to see if anyone recognizes him? I could go on, but its just so stupid.

I think Peter's going to go after Franco and everyone will assume it was Jason since Liz and Scotty now know about the contract to kill. Then Jason can look all sadz because people are accusing him of things that he would have done, given half the chance. Then Sam can whiplash her decision to dump him and immediately go back to him and whisper apologize. And he can stare at her with constipiation in his eyes.

• Love 2

Jason has never, ever, acted as Jake's father.  The first time he ever even really talked to Jake was after the Drew/Jason reveal.

Jake thought Lucky was his dad until he "died" and then Drew as Jason was his dad until HE "died" (cause I do think Drew isn't really dead).  Jake met Jason once or twice as a small child, but didn't really know him until very recently.  Jake doesn't care about Jason all that much, thank god.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I can't really blame Jason for not taking Elizabeth's reasoning seriously.

I don't think Jason would take Elizabeth seriously regardless of her reasoning, tbh. He's an asshole and a terrible father. But at least Elizabeth put Jason on notice that she won't hesitate to drop the dime on him if Franco were suddenly shot to death.

11 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Jake doesn't care about Jason all that much, thank god.

Depends on the plot point. Jake cares about Jason when Jason needs an ego boost.

• Love 4

I’m surprised that Jaysus just stood there and let Elizabeth lay into him. There wasn’t the usual dead eye expression on his face, but as if Burton made the effort to sort of emote? Not interrupt if it had been SheBeast or shake his head. I dunno. But like I said before, he only ever really makes an effort when he’s with Kimberly (Robin).

Thanks @Bringonthedrama for confirming there is/was no real friendship with Olivia and Alexis-the way Olivia told her “I let you into my house . . . let you into my business” as if she did Alexis some huge favor.

So as @dubbel zout stated above, Olivia can shove it.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m surprised that Jaysus just stood there and let Elizabeth lay into him.

He does that when Sam berates him.  He just stands there and looks bewildered.  But Sam and Lizzie continue to have him on speed dial whenever something goes wrong.  Wasn't Liz's first call to Jason when Cameron was kidnapped?  They disapprove of him, but want the guard dog protection that he offers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I was so incredibly annoyed with Sonny. I kept thinking , 'dude, sit your ass down and stop being such a pest. Until I realized that it had to do with his meds and not being on them. What a terrible story. The hospital doesn't run any tests to see if he's on anything, which might cause the amnesia? That would have found doses of whatever he takes in his system, telling them that he needs those meds. Sonny nor Phyllis think to take to social media, to plaster his face on the internet to see if anyone recognizes him? I could go on, but its just so stupid.

I think Peter's going to go after Franco and everyone will assume it was Jason since Liz and Scotty now know about the contract to kill. Then Jason can look all sadz because people are accusing him of things that he would have done, given half the chance. Then Sam can whiplash her decision to dump him and immediately go back to him and whisper apologize. And he can stare at her with constipiation in his eyes.

The stupidity for me starts with the current floating 50 miles backwards to Pennsylvania. :facepalm: 

• LOL 1
48 minutes ago, ciarra said:

He does that when Sam berates him.  He just stands there and looks bewildered.  But Sam and Lizzie continue to have him on speed dial whenever something goes wrong.  Wasn't Liz's first call to Jason when Cameron was kidnapped?  They disapprove of him, but want the guard dog protection that he offers.

Now..... I have to side with Liz there.  Jordan is the comish of PC, and she is actively terrible at the job and keeps the other cops from being proactive as well.  And this is without taking the Cyrus of it all into account.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Liz has a real problem reading the room. She thinks that she can make the people of Port Charles accept and like Franco by telling them how good he is; she think that she can make Jason care about Jake. The only time I remember Jason caring about Jake is when he though Jake was dead and he took down his box o' pain and looked constipated while holding his toy.

Jason doesn't care about Drew either. If he did, he wouldn't keep referring to him as "Drew Cain".

I agree about Liz's problem reading the room.  Jason cared about Jake when Jake was a newborn and toddler because at that time, Jake was "off-limits" so he got to stare from a distance and feel sorry for himself without actually doing anything, while Lucky did the work of parenting. He took down the box o' pain so the audience could see how very much he regretted not being a part of his son's life. In the years he's been back in PC and could spend time with Jake whenever he wants, he will drop off a birthday present for Jake or have the occasional sleepover, just enough so Jake remembers he exists and Carly praises him for being the bestest dad. 

Jason doesn't care about Drew, but the one consistent thing about Jason is that the idea of a kid suffering emotional or physical pain gets to him. He was relieved when toddler Jake was okay after being kidnapped. He was kind toward Joss when Oscar was dying, and when she was mourning him. He knows that Jake was close to Drew, and tried to set up Drew and himself to get along. So I think Elizabeth bringing up that Jake has already suffered at the loss of Drew should have some sort of impact on Jason because Jason has said to people "Scout lost her father." I know Jason referred to Drew as "Drew Cain" in his conversation with Britt, but I thought that was because she didn't know Drew since she was not in PC at the time.  There are others in PC who didn't know him either. 

3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Jason has never, ever, acted as Jake's father.  The first time he ever even really talked to Jake was after the Drew/Jason reveal.

Jake thought Lucky was his dad until he "died" and then Drew as Jason was his dad until HE "died" (cause I do think Drew isn't really dead).  Jake met Jason once or twice as a small child, but didn't really know him until very recently.  Jake doesn't care about Jason all that much, thank god.

All true. Jason is more like an uncle - a sibling of one of your parents who lives somewhere and you see him every once in a while.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks @Bringonthedrama for confirming there is/was no real friendship with Olivia and Alexis-the way Olivia told her “I let you into my house . . . let you into my business” as if she did Alexis some huge favor.

So as @dubbel zout stated above, Olivia can shove it.

You're welcome.  That line struck me as really odd. Alexis has been at the Metrocourt as a paying customer, and has been to the Q mansion over the years due to various reasons, but it's not like Olivia invites Alexis over on a regular basis for tea time or cocktails and to chat.  Alexis is Ned's old friend and former fiance, but Olivia talking to Alexis like she's a close girlfriend who betrayed the friendship and has been lying to her face, is absurd. Alexis has seen Olivia a few times since the ONS, that's it.  I think it was just easier for her to take it out on Alexis then to really let Ned have it for betraying his wedding vows and her trust by lying to her face every day of their marriage since the ONS. 

42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Wasn't Liz's first call to Jason when Cameron was kidnapped?  They disapprove of him, but want the guard dog protection that he offers.

Yes. And true. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

The stupidity for me starts with the current floating 50 miles backwards to Pennsylvania. :facepalm: 

Is Sonny in Pennsylvania? I've completely blocked that out. Or did the bridge collapse on the Secaucus side of New Jersey? 

If nothing else, we're getting some quality UCG with this preposterous story. I'll take it where I can get it.

35 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

the one consistent thing about Jason is that the idea of a kid suffering emotional or physical pain gets to him.

Yay, Jason has basic human empathy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Daisy said:

Dear Jax:
I can't even with you. Why are you asking Carly how high every time she says jump? 

Dear Nina:
You poor sweet summer child. How much you don't know. 

I'm not a huge Nina fan, but I feel bad that the people who friggin' told her that Jax will always put Carly first are absolutely right.  It's pretty pathetic--especially when I think back to how far she (via Sonny) went to try and ban him from his own daughter's life.  And yet there Jax is again, at the ~Queen's feet asking what task she wants performed next. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

there is/was no real friendship with Olivia and Alexis-t

I'm going to sit on the other side of this fence and disagree, though it's mostly the writers fault.  The only truly true friendship is Maxie/Lulu and that sometimes takes a hit.  The other close one would Carly/Sam and that's mostly tolerance on carly's side.  Other than that this show is bad at showing decent female frienships so some that are minor would be considered good friends.  Like Ava/Nina as weird as that one is.  Maxie/Sam though that one is forgotten more often than remembered.  Liz/Pif but that one is more work friendsw.  So I would say Alexis/Olivia are friends.  They have been in each other's orbits for quite a while and have played nice with each other, that I would say they were friends.  It's not like Ned slept with, say, Britt or Amy, who Olivia barely knows.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is Sonny in Pennsylvania? I've completely blocked that out. Or did the bridge collapse on the Secaucus side of New Jersey? 

Nelle was found on the Pennsylvania side of "the" river.  Sonny was on the Secaucus side of wherever.  As a Canadian who doesn't fully understand US geography, I have no idea how close either of those are supposed to be to PC.  Either way Sonny is close enough to still be on the local news as a missing mob boss.  I mean, it's not like he fell over the wall into Mexico!

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm not a huge Nina fan, but I feel bad that the people who friggin' told her that Jax will always put Carly first are absolutely right.  It's pretty pathetic--especially when I think back to how far she (via Sonny) went to try and ban him from his own daughter's life.  And yet there Jax is again, at the ~Queen's feet asking what task she wants performed next. 

Right?! Like i get they want to be amicable for Joss's sake. but like every 2 seconds it's like "yeah Carly.." like Jax you just told Nina you loved her, but you're ditching her to be with Carly?have her call St Jaysus.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

So I would say Alexis/Olivia are friends.  They have been in each other's orbits for quite a while and have played nice with each other, that I would say they were friends.

Being friendly is not the same as being friends. So I still maintain they aren’t friends, the way Olivia was going on and on about how Alexis continued to look her in the face and LIE. And neither does being in each other’s orbits make them friends. Of course this show under the past few regimes has forgotten what real friendships are. Lulu and Maxie was the last. Before that? Robin and Brenda.

I’m sure there must be others, but it says a lot that those are the only ones that come to mind in recent years.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Being friendly is not the same as being friends.

In real life sure, but on this show that is terrible at having friendships, being friendly is the same as being friends.  I guess for me, Alexis absolutely broke whatever "relationship" she had with Olivia no matter how small or tenuous it is.  Having said that Ned is 100% more at fault that Alexis was.  

22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m sure there must be others, but it says a lot that those are the only ones that come to mind in recent years.

Diane and Alexis?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I guess for me, Alexis absolutely broke whatever "relationship" she had with Olivia no matter how small or tenuous it is. 

Yeah, I think the chances of Alexis and Olivia being friends/friendly is unlikely for a while now.

Sonny was on the Secaucus side of wherever.

IRL, New Jersey, but these writers don't seem to know that there are these things called maps that they can consult. That's why I (semi-facetiously) asked if Sonny were in Pennsylvania. I wouldn't put it past the writers to site Secaucus on the west side of the state instead of the east. They famously gave Bolivia a coast.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Olivia didn't help cover up Sonny shooting Dante?

She was peddling that old "guilt is a worse punishment than prison" line to the PCPD while Dante was still in the goddamned hospital. She told a dead baby lie and pretended to adopt her own child so she wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by dealing with his bio father.

Olivia gets to be mad about being cheated on and lied to, but she can step off this self-righteousness. The Q's are Ned's family before they are hers, of course their first loyalty is to him, why does this surprise her?

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Daisy said:

Dear Joss and Carly:
It is not hateful for Ava to take her child home with her. You feel sorry for Avery for not being with her mother on that island (because you know several times a year, Avery has to be whisked away to SonnyIsland with guards and crap). Ava is claiming to do things for daughter, which according to you guys is her "go to move" (ya think? that's what mothers should do, you dumbos). Go kick a rock.

20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

SHEBEAST is the WORST. Is she going to try and scale the parapets at Wyndemere and then remove the necklace from Avery’s neck while Avery is sleeping?

More proof that Carly is a child-stealing witch.  Seriously, has anyone checked to see if the Corinthos Cabin is in fact made of gingerbread?

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Nelle was found on the Pennsylvania side of "the" river.  Sonny was on the Secaucus side of wherever.  As a Canadian who doesn't fully understand US geography, I have no idea how close either of those are supposed to be to PC.

I thought PC was in upstate New York, near the Canadian Border, so it would involve Nelle floating down the river through the whole state of New York into Pennsylvania, which I don't think any rivers do.  But it gives them a way to bring her back, since it would be really easy to misidentify a body after that.

• LOL 3

What good is stealing back the necklace going to do?  If Avery ever sees Nina's necklace, she's going to blab that she had a necklace like that.  And Nina will ask her where she got it from, and the cabin in the woods story will come out.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

She told a dead baby lie and pretended to adopt her own child so she wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by dealing with his bio father.

Ugh, this enraged me. Olivia was no blushing virgin when she slept with Julian. She knew exactly what she was doing. She has no moral high ground when it comes to Leo's parentage. I wish they'd have let Julian react more strongly. 

• Love 10
On 1/22/2021 at 4:27 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think it will be an unpopular opinion. I completely forgot that he was bipolar, so his behavior annoyed the hell out of me. But now that you mentioned it, then yes, Sonny is bipolar and has been off his meds for several days, or however long since he has gone missing. 

But Phyllis is a nurse, so hopefully she clocks in on his behavior being something more than him being pushy or whatever.

I’m another one who forgot in the moment that Sonny was bipolar, so I couldn’t understand why Sonny was so hyper

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Being friendly is not the same as being friends. So I still maintain they aren’t friends, the way Olivia was going on and on about how Alexis continued to look her in the face and LIE. And neither does being in each other’s orbits make them friends. Of course this show under the past few regimes has forgotten what real friendships are. Lulu and Maxie was the last. Before that? Robin and Brenda.

No they're not. And when did Olivia and Julian sleep together so that the show could write LLC's pregnancy in? I vaguely remember that Julexis were going through something, but that after Olivia tried to impose herself in their relationship.

Olivia and Alexis are cordial, but that's as far as it always went. Olivia is all up in Alexis's business because of the sekrit Alexis and Ned have. If I'm Olivia, I'm blaming Ned a lot more than I'm blaming Alexis, knowing what a mess she has been since Neil died.

And Neil's death has been completely dropped. Was that the end of it? He ODed and that's it?

• Love 5

I enjoy watching Olivia when she’s in the supporting role. However, when she’s the “star” of the story line, she overacts to the point that I just start laughing. Chill, Olivia!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

And when did Olivia and Julian sleep together so that the show could write LLC's pregnancy in?

It was New Year's Eve. Olivia and Julian were jealous that Ned and Alexis were having fun, or something equally stupid, so they decided to show them and have grudge/revenge sex. It was entirely consensual, so Liv's later disdain for Julian really rubbed me the wrong way. Don't fuck a mobster if you don't want a mobster's kid. And Julian really seemed to want to get it right with Leo.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Neil's death has been completely dropped. Was that the end of it? He ODed and that's it?

For now. They might circle back to it since they're setting up the story of Cyrus using GH as his private pharmaceutical company. Or they might just leave it lying there. With these writers, you never know.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It amuses me that Carly, who is Brave&Strong, always needs a man to save her, whether it's Jason, Sonny or Jax. Next up will be Michael. She's really quite pathetic.

4 hours ago, ciarra said:

What good is stealing back the necklace going to do?

True. But I would love to see Carly scaling the walls of Wyndermere and getting caught with her hand under Avery's pillow.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This is such a waste. For a brief minute they implied that it was tied to Cyrus' drugs like Jordan's two partners. But it seems to have been dropped entirely for Sonny's amnesia tour and Ned's infidelity. Even if they brought it back, Florence's kidnapping overwhelms it in significance.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

No they're not. And when did Olivia and Julian sleep together so that the show could write LLC's pregnancy in? I vaguely remember that Julexis were going through something, but that after Olivia tried to impose herself in their relationship.

Olivia and Alexis are cordial, but that's as far as it always went. Olivia is all up in Alexis's business because of the sekrit Alexis and Ned have. If I'm Olivia, I'm blaming Ned a lot more than I'm blaming Alexis, knowing what a mess she has been since Neil died.

i think that's what bothers me the most. like. they slept together because Alexis was (is) grieving and is drunk all the time, and people keep focusing on the drinking vs. more of why (which is basically because she's trying to drown out her feelings re: Neil and everything that happened recently). 

I emphathise with Olivia (being cheated on sucks) but - and to be dead honest i don't remember a tonne of Olivia stuff because i haven't watched for a long time and if i'm catching up on clips, Olivia's are really not the ones i'm interested in but from what you are implying she slept with Julian while Julian/Alexis were married? (and she was involved with Ned?) so maybe ... step down from the whole "you couldn't stop when you were undoing the buttons, and buckles, and your skin was touching. no you felt sorry after."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I emphathise with Olivia (being cheated on sucks) but - and to be dead honest i don't remember a tonne of Olivia stuff because i haven't watched for a long time and if i'm catching up on clips, Olivia's are really not the ones i'm interested in but from what you are implying she slept with Julian while Julian/Alexis were married? (and she was involved with Ned?) so maybe ... step down from the whole "you couldn't stop when you were undoing the buttons, and buckles, and your skin was touching. no you felt sorry after."

Alexis and Julian weren’t together at the time. That was during one of their break-ups and Alexis was dating Ned. They were all at the same NYE party and Julian and Olivia spent the night mooning over Ned and Alexis and ended up having a drunken ONS. Olivia later discovered she was pregnant right around the time that Alexis decided to dump Ned and reunite with Julian. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

Alexis and Julian weren’t together at the time. That was during one of their break-ups and Alexis was dating Ned. They were all at the same NYE party and Julian and Olivia spent the night mooning over Ned and Alexis and ended up having a drunken ONS. Olivia later discovered she was pregnant right around the time that Alexis decided to dump Ned and reunite with Julian. 

Understood, thanks for that. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was New Year's Eve. Olivia and Julian were jealous that Ned and Alexis were having fun, or something equally stupid, so they decided to show them and have grudge/revenge sex.

It was also the fastest/shortest pregnancy in the history of ever, seeing as Leo was born May 8, on the floor at the Nurse's Ball.  So stupid.  

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But I would love to see Carly scaling the walls of Wyndermere and getting caught with her hand under Avery's pillow.

I would like Avery to wake up in the middle of it, and start screaming, "Stranger Danger, Stranger Danger", causing NAva to catch Carly in the act and kick her off the parapet.  Too much?!

12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

but that after Olivia tried to impose herself in their relationship.

Olivia and Alexis are cordial,

I'd forgotten about this but Olivia did get all up in Julexis' business, having a photo done of all of them in ugly Christmas sweaters that she wanted to put over Alexis' fireplace or something.  Anyone else remember that?  Another reason why I'm on the "Olivia/Alexis were friends" side of the fence.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'd forgotten about this but Olivia did get all up in Julexis' business, having a photo done of all of them in ugly Christmas sweaters that she wanted to put over Alexis' fireplace or something.  Anyone else remember that?  Another reason why I'm on the "Olivia/Alexis were friends" side of the fence.  

Yes, this was months after she played the whole my dead baby scenario with Julian in which she pulled in the Quartermaines to hide her  secret (Ned, Monica and eventually Brooklynn).

I think the only reason why the show just didn't make Ned the father of the baby was because he and Olivia were not sleeping together. For months, they grown closer and were good friends, but they were not dating.However since the baby was born 5 months later, they should have had Ned and her get together and done a WTD scenario but ultimately made Leo a Q. Making him a Jerome brought nothing storywise.

• Love 1

It was also the fastest/shortest pregnancy in the history of ever, seeing as Leo was born May 8, on the floor at the Nurse's Ball.  So stupid.  

I will never complain about short soap pregnancies. 

That was during Olivia's Olympic-level passive-aggressiveness toward Julian and Alexis. For someone who hated the fact that Julian was her son's father, she sure was sticking her nose into his life. 

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Fact is Leo should not exist, but the absolute silly need for the writers to write in every actress's real life pregnancy is absurd. 

This. There are too many babies, they're all related to one another, and the show does nothing with them.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

As a Canadian who doesn't fully understand US geography, I have no idea how close either of those are supposed to be to PC

Secaucus, NJ is on the other side of Manhattan. Which means it’s about an 8-hour drive from PC, which is supposed to be an hour from Niagara Falls. I suppose whatever river runs through PC could possibly share a border with northern PA.

57 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Fact is Leo should not exist, but the absolute silly need for the writers to write in every actress's real life pregnancy is absurd. 

Complain about Emme Rylan's Lulu's wardrobe choices while she was pregnant, but I am willingly to overlook good awful clothing, plants and  large bags if it means I can ignore a pregnancy. I find it particularly annoying when the pregnancy happens during winter, because they also have coats and heavier clothing to mask a pregnancy. With the amount of bullshit that shows asks me to swallow, pretending a totally pregnant person is not pregnant is not that hard.

• Love 6

Question: where is the bar where Sonny is staying/working? A sign in there implies Pennsylvania, though it might just be a retro sign for decor and not the actual bar sign. We missed an episode last week that must’ve been action-packed as last we saw Sonny, he was in the hospital and now he’s discharged and moved to/employed by the bar. 

Curtis’ nonverbal reaction to Nina’s “Jax rushed over to Carly because of Joss, and not Carly” was outstanding. I’ve already mentally fast forwarded to the Nina meltdown when she finds out Jax knew the Nelle secret (over/under: 18 months), and wishing Michelle Stafford was here to play it.

Lots of bad/Covid hair on the guys Friday....

7 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

We missed an episode last week that must’ve been action-packed as last we saw Sonny, he was in the hospital and now he’s discharged and moved to/employed by the bar. 

No episode was missed.  He as at the hospital with Phyllis and then in the next episode he was released, so she took him to the bar, which she and her husband own.  Hubby was not happy since he's s a virtual stranger, but Phyllis has a soft spot and offered him a room above the bar and forced hubby to have Sonny do odds and ends around the bar.  

It would have opened up more future stories to make Leo a Quartermain rather than a Jerome. And now he's related to not just Scout but also Avery.

but Phyllis has a soft spot

In her head apparently because she's ignoring all the red lights around Sonny as well as her husband's objections for Sonny's dimples.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I guess Violet and Donna are going to be cat fighting over Leo in 11 years.

If the show makes it. I am trying to think if they are direct related to each other vs indirectly related. It used to be easier to pair unrelated legacy characters. Not so much, especially with a regime that goes out of its way to make people related.